2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Cobra's new King F8 drivers, woods, hybrids and irons

GolfWRX

Picked up my F8+ today. What a great looking bat. As for the performance... gosh it’s good.

PXG 0811X Gen2 9deg Driver - AD-GP 7TX
PXG 0341X Gen2 15deg Fairway - AD-GP 8TX
PXG 0311X Gen2 1 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311X Gen2 3 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311T Gen2 4-PW - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 51 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 56 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Zulu 61 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
PXG Operator H - 34.5”
Toulon Indianapolis - 34.5”
PXG 50/50 Staff Bag
Bridgestone Tour B X

KaBoom Baby!

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Picked up my F8+ today. What a great looking bat. As for the performance... gosh it’s good.

My son is debating the Epic or this one. He's only 13 and will take what I get him of course! LOL :cheesy:

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

2nd range session with the F8 3w. Grass tees are closed at Miles of Golf, so I hit outdoors off mats. Again, not my preference, but at least I was outside on the range where I felt more comfortable.

The F8 with Hzrdus Red 75 is longer than my G25, but today, was just as straight (for me, thats a tiny cut since that is how I play). Ball flight was higher than the G25 with UST VTS Silver 7s. I have a backup VTS so Im gonna throw a Cobra adapter on that and go from there. I am centering up the F8 well. Totally different sound. G25 is a metallic solid sounding/feeling club. Cobra is a thwak sorta sound and feel. Neither is bad - Im just used to the G25.

F8 has shown more promise than any other 3w I have tried since bagging the G25 when it first came out.

Aerojet 9.5*-  Ventus Blue TR 6x
Cobra F9 3w - Atmos TS Blue 7x
ZX4 MKii 4i - Project X 5.5
Srixon 565/765 Combo 5-PW - Project X 5.5hs
SM5 50,54,58,62 - F,K,S Grinds - Rifle 6.0
Odyssey OTR putter
2024 TP5

I've never been a fairway wood guy and have always struggled to find that 3 wood that I can really count on. Never played a 5 wood in my life and always opted for long iron/utility type clubs for that spot.

I have the f8+ 3-4 and decided to gamble on making a f8+ baffler with the 4-5 (same length as f6 baffler). It is without question the best 3 wood I have ever played and not only am I gaming the baffler I don't think it's ever leaving the bag. I believe they have something really special with this new line of fairways. I usually hate lofted metals because they launch too high and spin too much for me but these are absolutely perfect.

Even though I was really happy with my M1 440 I orders the f8+ driver too. It's a solid performer but I preferred the driver I'm already used to so I wont be gaming the driver. Like I said it's a solid club and as good as anything on the market if you get it fit to you, but it is just another really good driver in a market place that has lots of them. The fairways are game changers in my eyes and don't have an equal.

I've never been a fairway wood guy and have always struggled to find that 3 wood that I can really count on. Never played a 5 wood in my life and always opted for long iron/utility type clubs for that spot.

I have the f8+ 3-4 and decided to gamble on making a f8+ baffler with the 4-5 (same length as f6 baffler). It is without question the best 3 wood I have ever played and not only am I gaming the baffler I don't think it's ever leaving the bag. I believe they have something really special with this new line of fairways. I usually hate lofted metals because they launch too high and spin too much for me but these are absolutely perfect.

Even though I was really happy with my M1 440 I orders the f8+ driver too. It's a solid performer but I preferred the driver I'm already used to so I wont be gaming the driver. Like I said it's a solid club and as good as anything on the market if you get it fit to you, but it is just another really good driver in a market place that has lots of them. The fairways are game changers in my eyes and don't have an equal.

I'm hitting my F8+ 3W off the tee nearly as far as I hit my driver. Going to Kiawah this week and looking forward to using this off the tee a lot due to the winds.

I picked up a f8+ and put a hzrdus t1100 in it, I play it at 44.5 length, not sure what weights to put in the head tho , i was thinking heavier since the shaft is shorter, I tried a 16g weight but still seems to light, should I throw a 8g in the back?

16+12 is too light?

No sorry i replaced the 12 with a 16 so 16g front and 2g back, thinking of replacing the 2g weight with a 8g weight

• 3 weeks later...

Cannot believe I'm still waiting on my 3 hybrid one length I ordered December 8th. I'm told because I ordered it with a higher launching Aldila shaft. Hoping arriving in next two weeks. Are there that many in demand I wonder?

Sounds like they are waiting on the shaft to install and ship.

Srixon Z565, Miyazaki Kaula Kori 6x
Cobra F9 Aldila Tour Blue 75x
Cobra F7 19* and 23* hybrids
Cobra Amp Forged 5-PW KBS Tour S+
Vokey SM6 50F, 54F, 58M
Spider Tour Red

They took the F8+ Tour length off the website. If I order the F8+ have them cut the shaft down will they send me the heavier weights?

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s
Smoke 19*GD IZ 7s
T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour
TM Spider Tour X

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

They took the F8+ Tour length off the website. If I order the F8+ have them cut the shaft down will they send me the heavier weights?

Huh?

Driver: Cobra LTDxLS @ 9º (8.25º) w/ Fujikura Speeder TR 661s

Fairway: Callaway Mavrik 4W @ 16º w/ ProjectX Evenflow Black 70s

Hybrid: Sub70 939x 4H @ 21º w/ ProjectX Black Hybrid 6.0

Irons: Artisan HC 4/5 w/ Steelfiber i95cw Stiff; 6-PW w/ Steelfiber i110cw Stiff

Wedges: Artisan Raw 51º, 56º, 61º w/ Modus 120s (to  be re-shafted with Steelfibers to match irons)

Putter: Artisan 0318 Deep Milled

Huh?

he said f8+, not f8

There has never been an F8+ Tour length driver offered. Even if you look up reviews and other online sources, it's only ever been offered in the F8

Irons: Artisan HC 4/5 w/ Steelfiber i95cw Stiff; 6-PW w/ Steelfiber i110cw Stiff

Wedges: Artisan Raw 51º, 56º, 61º w/ Modus 120s (to  be re-shafted with Steelfibers to match irons)

i swear i saw an f8+ tour length as well

Your not alone.

Only the regular F8 in Tour Length. I wonder if they would just sell you a weight kit if you called up. I'm keeping my LTD this season though I might grab an F8 next year.

They should give you the weights if you’re cutting down the shaft.

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s
Smoke 19*GD IZ 7s
T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
TM Spider Tour X

Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

Your not alone.

Only the regular F8 in Tour Length. I wonder if they would just sell you a weight kit if you called up. I'm keeping my LTD this season though I might grab an F8 next year.

They should give you the weights if you're cutting down the shaft.

Too bad the weights are $25 + $8shipping

Only thing that bothers me with Cobra - I mean, these are $2 (if that) weights to produce. Thankfully the circular knock-offs for the F7 from Ebay fit. They just look a little weird in the pentagon

There has never been an F8+ Tour length driver offered. Even if you look up reviews and other online sources, it's only ever been offered in the F8

... They always offered a Tour Length F8+ but never put it on their website. When you order just ask for a 44.25 (44.5 with Arccos) but be sure and ask for the heavier weight.

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:    TM Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:    Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
                  TM Dhy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r

Irons:         Titleist T200 '23 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:    Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:           2024 TP5x/2023 Maxfli Tour

Well, I'm not sure how you can say a custom order (through a rep) is the same as the original question of an 'offered' Tour length F8+. As a package, through the website, that isn't an option. Especially in Canada. No way to order the weights online, but you can always get the shaft shortened. It's probably different for you and the US site, as it usually is.

... They always offered a Tour Length F8+ but never put it on their website. When you order just ask for a 44.25 (44.5 with Arccos) but be sure and ask for the heavier weight.

Thanks I got my guy checking now.

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s
Smoke 19*GD IZ 7s
T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
TM Spider Tour X

Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

Well, I'm not sure how you can say a custom order (through a rep) is the same as the original question of an 'offered' Tour length F8+. As a package, through the website, that isn't an option. Especially in Canada. No way to order the weights online, but you can always get the shaft shortened. It's probably different for you and the US site, as it usually is.

... You don't have to go thru a rep. Just custom order the F8+ with the tour length and request the heavier weight. Same thing you would do at the PGA Superstore, Golf Galaxy, etc if you wanted a custom shaft as most stores stock just a few of the shafts Cobra offers as free upgrades. So it is offered, but just thru custom orders. I get it is not the same as clicking on the website and ordering there, even in the US. Fwiw, the Director R&D & Testing for Cobra plays his F8+ at Tour Length with an Even Flow Blue, as do many in the Club Design division.

... You don't have to go thru a rep. Just custom order the F8+ with the tour length and request the heavier weight. Same thing you would do at the PGA Superstore, Golf Galaxy, etc if you wanted a custom shaft as most stores stock just a few of the shafts Cobra offers as free upgrades. So it is offered, but just thru custom orders. I get it is not the same as clicking on the website and ordering there, even in the US. Fwiw, the Director R&D & Testing for Cobra plays his F8+ at Tour Length with an Even Flow Blue, as do many in the Club Design division.

I get it. I'll have to stop by GolfTown and ask if the weights can be "exchanged" (at no extra cost) on an order.

It's just too bad simple things like this can't be done through the "custom" options on the website.

... I have been writing driver reviews for years and complaining about stock shaft length. At least Cobra listened as they told me at the Show this year I got my wish. I am not claiming responsibility for the Tour Length offering but I know I contributed to the effort. So I am happy Cobra is offering at least one driver at 44.5" with Arccos and 44.25" without. Hopefully they get enough orders to offer a shorter length with heavier weights in all their drivers on their website next year but something tells me WRX orders will be just a drop in the bucket. Good luck!

Cobra said they can’t put the heavier weights in because the club would no longer be conforming. So they said they can send me the weight kit with the driver for $20.

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s
Smoke 19*GD IZ 7s
T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
TM Spider Tour X

Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

Now they told me my 3 hybrid is on back order!

Just got another message that my 6 iron is on back order!

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s
Smoke 19*GD IZ 7s
T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
TM Spider Tour X

Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70