2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Cobra's new King F8 drivers, woods, hybrids and irons

GolfWRX

2KXV 70. It's probably the most tip stiff and stable mid launching shaft I've ever played. Ie, it's smooth but still keeps the flight mid with low spin. I've had other fairway shafts be much too loose for my liking, such as blueboard s+. It could be an artifact of the "Made for" era, and that Cobra is offering "legit" shafts.

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is there an f8 baffler?

I'm assuming the one length three hybrid I've been waiting on since December with the rails on the bottom is basically an F8 baffler.

Since we lost one of our Pro’s at the course it’s getting harder to get updates from Cobra since you need to have the cobra wholesale account info. I used to be able to call, give them courses zip code, they’d find the club I ordered and give update where it’s at as far as date coming.

Recently I have not been able get anymore updates cause they need talk to who has wholesale account number, so head pro found and now been delayed again, was 4/15 ship, now 4/22. #baffling ?

Um, no.

F8+ 4/5W would be the Baffler replacement.

Anyone paired the regular f8 (non +) with a low spin shaft and have good results?

Yep, got fitted for standard F8 with a hazardous yellow and it's a sick combo for my swing.

I have the standard F8 head paired with the Fujikura Diamond Speeder.

I was borderline too low spin with the King Ltd.

My F8 head weight was 193 grams without the adapter, and when cut down to 44.5"

it allowed me to add hot melt low ,forward , a bit towards the toe.

9 grams of hot melt, 12 gram weight in the heel position , and a stable tip

low torque shaft. I have created a very forgiving , lowish spin driver.

Anyone paired the regular f8 (non +) with a low spin shaft and have good results?

Yep, got fitted for standard F8 with a hazardous yellow and it's a sick combo for my swing.

I have the standard F8 head paired with the Fujikura Diamond Speeder.

I was borderline too low spin with the King Ltd.

My F8 head weight was 193 grams without the adapter, and when cut down to 44.5"

it allowed me to add hot melt low ,forward , a bit towards the toe.

9 grams of hot melt, 12 gram weight in the heel position , and a stable tip

low torque shaft. I have created a very forgiving , lowish spin driver.

I came from a standard LTD set to 11 degrees with the Elements Chrome 6F4. My numbers are pretty close to identical with both combo's but I really liked the look/sound/feel of the F8 so I pulled the trigger.

I would never have thought that the yellow would fit my swing as I've always been told that I'm naturally low spin. I think the fitters love that though because they just loft me up and many different shafts can work. I also hit the evenflow blue great as well as the AD IZ. I liked the IZ the best, but didn't want to pay the upcharge.

So I demo'd the f8 for the 3rd time today and am in love with the sound/feel of the head and produces ball speed right up there with other drivers I've demo'd (g400, epic, rogue). Needless to say, this is my next driver.

But today was the first time I demo'd it with the evenflow blue. Really love the feel of this shaft but but launch and spin were a bit higher than I'm used to as I'm typically mid/low launch and mid spin with driver. I did initially tried it with the hzrds yellow which I felt was a bit stout for my swing. Didn't have enough time to play around with settings, i.e. lifting down and/or switching shafts, but does anyone think lofting down a degree will help bring down spin along with launch or launch only?

Thanks in advance!

I'm left-handed not sure if that is effecting any of this, but I ordered some equipment 3 weeks ago. Here is the update I received:

Black Forged Tec OL - 3 iron back ordered 6/10, 4-9 irons back ordered till 5/2

F8 fairway - head back ordered 5/22

F8 OL 4 hybrid back ordered 5/13

A bummer since I'm going on a golf trip 5/5 and 5/12. At least its snowing in Chicago today so the season isn't starting soon.

I don't understand how they can be out of all the new product with a 4/6 launch. Crazy inventory management.

I'm left-handed not sure if that is effecting any of this, but I ordered some equipment 3 weeks ago. Here is the update I received:

A bummer since I'm going on a golf trip 5/5 and 5/12. At least its snowing in Chicago today so the season isn't starting soon.

I don't understand how they can be out of all the new product with a 4/6 launch. Crazy inventory management.

The lefty stuff seems to be delayed. My F8+ was delayed but it showed up within a week of when I was told the heads would arrive.

The lefty stuff seems to be delayed. My F8+ was delayed but it showed up within a week of when I was told the heads would arrive.

I guess I was lucky because my F8 showed up in less than two weeks.

... Stocking a ton of new product that does not meet sales projections is exactly how companies go under. It would be insane to over stock a new product hoping it sells more than anticipated. Cobra has the sales of the F6 and F7 as a baseline, and even though they certainly hope the F8 has higher sales, it is not something they can bank on. So I imagine they will order more product to meet the demand, but not over stock so a second delay would be a very good thing for everyone with the exception of the person caught between ordering and restocking. The F8 with an Even Flow Blue is by a wide margin the best fairway wood I have ever played and well worth the wait imo.

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:    TM Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:    Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
                  TM Dhy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r

Irons:         Titleist T200 '23 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:    Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:           2024 TP5x/2023 Maxfli Tour

Man I hit the F8+ Fairway wood at a demo on Saturday and that thing is money. I only hit is off a small tee cranked at 12. It might be a driver replacement. Straight as an arrow and long.

Taylormade Stealth Plus// HZRDUS RDS Black 
Callaway X2Hot 5 Deep // Aldila Tour Green

Taylormade Stealth 7 Wood // Diamana D Limited

Taylormade P790 UDI // Tensei Pro White
Cobra F7 Hybrid 23.5// Diamana D+
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-GW // Project X
Taylormade Mill Grind 52 // DG S400
Taylormade Mill Grind 58 // DG S400
Odyssey White Hot OG 7

I hit the F8 and F8+ fairways at a demo last weekend and really liked them! Had been prepared to just get a 917 F2 as I always default to Titleist woods but something about those Baffler Rails gives me confidence hitting the 3w off the deck and I really liked the flight I was getting with the F8. Just seemed very easy to hit.

I ended up going with the F8 3/4 wood with the NV 2KXV Green 75 S shaft, .75" shorter, and with TV Midsize grip. Ordered on Monday and it shipped yesterday so I should have it on Tuesday of next week. Impressed with the quick shipment for a custom order. Also had a 10% off coupon code so it was only $225 shipped, pretty good deal for a brand new 3 wood built to order!

Titleist 913 D3 / Titleist TSi2 15 / Titleist TS2 19h / Miura CB57 4/6/8/P / Miura 55C / Byron DH89 / Mackenzie

I’m planning to spend a little time over the next few weeks giving the Forged TEC a shot against my MP15s. I finally found a store that has them on the cart along with the single length. While I love my Mizzies, my iron play is the weakest part of my game, and if the TECs or even ONE can give me some better flights I may change. The MP15s are very predictable distance wise, but the head is so compact that it can be a little punishing left/right. The TECs used to always want to go left on me though. There is also an outdoor demo day coming up near me so will get a chance to see them outdoors as well. Will be interesting if the MP15s can hold on.

picked up a f8+ fairway wood for dirt cheap on eBay. It had a regular shaft in it, but I was planning on swapping shafts anyways. I am using this as my primary tee club this year.

Taylormade Stealth Plus// HZRDUS RDS Black 
Callaway X2Hot 5 Deep // Aldila Tour Green

Taylormade Stealth 7 Wood // Diamana D Limited

Taylormade P790 UDI // Tensei Pro White
Cobra F7 Hybrid 23.5// Diamana D+
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-GW // Project X
Taylormade Mill Grind 52 // DG S400
Taylormade Mill Grind 58 // DG S400
Odyssey White Hot OG 7

• 3 weeks later...

I play my F8+ with a 16 gram in front and 2 gram in rear. I am a cobra staffer and got my hands on full sets of weights and have been tinkering with them.

Also another note that will be fun to discuss, my cobra rep told me at our demo day that playing 2 of the heavy weights (12+) in both spots on the F8+ head makes the driver head non conforming by USGA standards. That's why cobra didn't make the "Tour Length" driver in the F8+, only in the F8. Don't know the science behind it or if it's even true, just was a cool topic of conversation.

I hit the F8 this weekend at my Club's demo day. After spending a few hours trying different things, I walked away ordering the F8 with a Tensei Blue at 44.5 inches. I quoted your post because the representative told me something similar. He said if I order the Tour Length, it will come with an extra weight in the box. He said they can't put it in because then they would be sending me an illegal driver. But I could put it in and it wouldn't be a problem. Didn't make any sense to me. I guess I'll see when it arrive in a week or two if I have an extra weight. Being tour length, shouldn't I be getting a 16 and 6 gram weight by default?

I got the F8+ driver with NV Blue, was very happy with the set-up. Looks great, feels and sound even better. Then I read about the Even Flow shafts and ho that I am :) was tempted. I picked up an EF blue 75 5.5 and put in my second range session yesterday. Oh my! Club has a little more heft and as has been stated about the Even Flow, you feel the head. I was very excited yesterday with my results. Landed on 10.5, and out of ~40 balls hit, I think 3 were "out of play", 30 fairway within a 20 yard radius of middle and about 10 that would be left side but in play (depending). Seemed to get a good amount of roll too, looked to be 25-35 yards of runout. Can't wait to get it out for real now.

Cobra Aerojet 10.5 +1.5 Mitsubishi Kai'li S
Cobra LTDx 5w PX Hzrdus green 5.5

Cobra King Utility 20.5 Elements Chrome S 20.5

Mizuno 243 5-P DG S200
Corey Paul 52, 56, 60 
Mizuno OMOI 3 black 35"
Emeritus set:  Mizuno MP20 HMB 5, MMC 6-8, MP 9-P KBS C-taper Lite R 

Long time Cobra fan here (since Zl Encore)...anyways went to Ping mid last year when the G400 came out...got bored as it just wasn’t ticking all the boxes. Scooped up a F8+ and this thing has been my unicorn so far. Strangely enough I had been playing a 12-13’ driver the last 3-4 years....but with this F8+ I’m playing it at 8.5d and hitting some monster long drives. The forgiveness is slightly better than the Ping was for me and the sound / feel is the best of any driver I’ve played. Great job Cobra!

Forgot to mention, playin the Volition Desert Sand color with the Fuji Atmos T.S. Blue.

Driver:  MIZUNO ST-G 440 (10.5d) - Ventus Blue Velocore 6s (44.75")

Fwy:  MIZUNO ST-G Titanium 3w (15) - Lin-Q Red 60s

Fwy:  COBRA F6 Baffler (19) - Hzrdus Red 75/6.0
Hybrid:  COBRA F7 Hybrid (22) - Tour Blue 85s

Iron:  MIZUNO Pro 245 (5 - G) - Recoil Proto 125 F4
Wedge:  MIZUNO T24 Denim Copper (54/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto 125 F4     
Wedge:  TAYLORMADE Hi-Toe Copper (60/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto 125 F4

Putter:  LAJOSI DD201 Copper Flow or MANNKRAFTED MA-55 Flow
Bag:  BENNINGTON LQO-9 Stand Bag

I hit the G400 max vs. the F8 yesterday and while the distances were comparable, all the other factors like consistency, feel, etc. went Cobra's way.

Not sure if and when I'll pull the trigger but I was very impressed by the F8. It should be on everyone's short list if looking for a new driver.

I'm a big Ping fan but I would get the F8.

Last year, Dicks, who owns, GG announced they were cutting unpopular brands from all their different branded stores and heading towards house brands which increase profit for them...Overall, I think they would love to get out of the golf business...I never shop there because their service is horrible and you can tell they don't try too hard to be a serious golf retailer...I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually pull the plug on GG...

Last year, Dicks, who owns, GG announced they were cutting unpopular brands from all their different branded stores and heading towards house brands which increase profit for them...Overall, I think they would love to get out of the golf business...I never shop there because their service is horrible and you can tell they don't try too hard to be a serious golf retailer...I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually pull the plug on GG...

This is off subject, but except for the jobs affected, I would love to see GG go away, and see the independent golf shops return.

This is off subject, but except for the jobs affected, I would love to see GG go away, and see the independent golf shops return.

I agree GG/Dick's is garbage for serious golfers, especially those wanting a LM fitting. I'm lucky to have two solid alternatives in my area.