RECAPS: The TaylorMade #TwistFaceExperience. 7 GolfWRX members visit The Kingdom for an exclusive M3

Wait. You guys didn't all get the straight leading edge, tour grind, hi-toes? I left with 3. They were just laying around so I thought they were for us to keep? ;)

You forgot RAW.

• Taylormade Qi10 core 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6TX
  • Taylormade Tour Issue Stealth Plus+ 3 HL - Ventus Black 8TX
  • Titleist T100 4-PW - DG TI X100
  • Taylormade MG4 50SB, 56HB, 60HBW - DG TI S400
  • Artisan Blue Bonnet 0820 - LAGP TPZ One35 USA

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As we left we were given a dozen TP5x. Custom balls made for Rory, DJ, JDay, and Rahm (1 sleeve each). We were also able to pick up our brand new drivers for the next day.

What were these like? Could you guys tell a difference between the stock TP5x? Did the TM guys shed any light as to how different they are to the stock version?

Please excuse me if someone already answered this, but I don't have all the time to sift through 39 pages. Love the write ups, these trips sound so cool.

We were told that all of the staffers play a stock TP5x. These were just printed with the stamps/numbers that each golfer customizes.

Callaway Rogue ST Max - Tensei AV White - 8*
Taylormade M3 HL - MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP - 4-G - Recoil 95 S - 2* upright

Callaway X-JAWS - 52/58*

Odyssey OWorks 2ball  -  34" - 1* loft - 71* lie
Slighter Proto 1 #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*

WITB Link

Wait. You guys didn't all get the straight leading edge, tour grind, hi-toes? I left with 3. They were just laying around so I thought they were for us to keep? ;)

You forgot RAW.

I can’t believe you guys didn’t get yours yet?! Jory must like us better, because we got ours before your plane landed.

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

You forgot RAW.

I can't believe you guys didn't get yours yet?! Jory must like us better, because we got ours before your plane landed.

:worth: :worth:

Callaway AI Smoke TD 9 Mitsubishi Kai'li white 70TX 

Titleist TSI 16.5 Mitsubishi PD 80TX

Titleist TSR 2 24 Fujikura Ventus Black 9x

Ping i230 U-4 x100

Ping s159 55 H x100

Vokey LBK s400 

As we left we were given a dozen TP5x. Custom balls made for Rory, DJ, JDay, and Rahm (1 sleeve each). We were also able to pick up our brand new drivers for the next day.

What were these like? Could you guys tell a difference between the stock TP5x? Did the TM guys shed any light as to how different they are to the stock version?

Please excuse me if someone already answered this, but I don't have all the time to sift through 39 pages. Love the write ups, these trips sound so cool.

We were told that all of the staffers play a stock TP5x. These were just printed with the stamps/numbers that each golfer customizes.

We have been told up for a number of years. That TaylorMade does not make different versions of their golf ball for the Tour. I always questioned that, but was always told that the only real difference was a marking on the side that indicated that it had been tour tested. Like a < > instead of - - or • •

Twitter: @Ed_Settle        My WITB
Driver:           Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9.0 +2 GD Tour AD HD 6X
Fairway:        Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 3W/15*  Tensei Wht AV 70S

Utility W:         Callaway UW 19* HZRDUS Black RDX 6.0 S
Hybrid:          Callaway Apex Pro 4/21* KBS Hybrid 85S

Irons:             Callaway X Forged Star 5-PW Modus 105 S
Wedges:       Callaway Jaws Raw 48S/53W/58Z DG S200 
Putter:           2022 Toulon Design Small Batch Austin 34" 

Ball:               2022 Callaway CSX LS
Bag:               VESSEL Blk Lux Cart Bag 14 way   

Update:

I swapped my Atmos 70 X for the Tensei 70 X and my distances went back to my normal length. The spin rate went back to a more comfortable 1800-2200.

I will probably flip back to the Atmos while in season but in the colder climate of my sim garage plus my less than decent winter swing made the Tensei the early favorite this winter. M3 tech worked well on heel hits and even better on the toe shots. Toe shots ended up as a straight slight push. Heel shot was a lower trajectory fade/slice that was manageable.

I will do a thorough test tomorrow with my G30 plus both M3 setups and post the data.

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1580770-recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3m4-driver-fitting/"][size=2]M3 Taylormade Experience[/size][/url]

Update:

I swapped my Atmos 70 X for the Tensei 70 X and my distances went back to my normal length. The spin rate went back to a more comfortable 1800-2200.

I will probably flip back to the Atmos while in season but in the colder climate of my sim garage plus my less than decent winter swing made the Tensei the early favorite this winter. M3 tech worked well on heel hits and even better on the toe shots. Toe shots ended up as a straight slight push. Heel shot was a lower trajectory fade/slice that was manageable.

I will do a thorough test tomorrow with my G30 plus both M3 setups and post the data.

But is this the "made for" Tensei or an actual 'real' Tensei? :cheesy:

(just kidding for those that are wondering)

Callaway Rogue ST Max - Tensei AV White - 8*
Taylormade M3 HL - MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP - 4-G - Recoil 95 S - 2* upright

Callaway X-JAWS - 52/58*

Odyssey OWorks 2ball  -  34" - 1* loft - 71* lie
Slighter Proto 1 #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*

WITB Link

Another sad day. Warm enough but raining. I had been able to get out at least once a month for at least the last 3-4 years. This year — not so lucky.

I guess it’s still the Waiting Time:

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

How does everyone like their Hi-Toe wedges?

Did you guys get the retail version or the staffers version?

They definitely look a lot different.

Did we get Hi-Toe wedges? I loved using it at the kingdom (even though my wedge game has the most rust on it)

I thought a couple of you guys won the Hi-Toe and Jory was going to hook all of you up with one?

That's true, but I think we still have to wait for retail release on that one.

You all (well, those who came in December) are indeed receiving a Hi-Toe. Just waiting for the batch of samples to come in. Rob should be reaching out for your desired loft if he hasn't already. Cheers!

That’s exciting ! The Hi Toes look super versatile

[color=#ff0000]Teaching out of Crystal Springs Golf Course[/color]<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Teachers In California 2005-2018<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Young Teachers In America 2007-2012<br /><br />[color=#0000ff]Head Men's Golf Coach Notre Dame de Namur [/color][color=#0000FF]University [/color]<br /><br />[color=#DAA520]My WITB[/color]<br /><br /><br /><br />[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/430688-zach-heussers-golf-clubs-putter-collection-and-man-cave-pics/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...-man-cave-pics/[/url]<br />@Zheusser on twitter

That is interesting. When the TP5 first came out and I was experimenting with it I would not have believed that claim to be honest. Now that I am use to the ball and how it performs, I can believe that.

• Qi10- Kai’li White 60TX
  • Stealth+ 19* - Atmos Red 8X
  • P790 3I - AD DI
  • P7MC 4-PW -  $ Taper
  • MG4 52 - 58 - $ Taper
  • GoodWood 
  • TP5X

just messing around, added a 8g weight from my TM 5 wood to the M3.

gMOTWiu.jpg

COBRA LTDx LS 9* 

Taylormade P790 2 Iron
Taylormade P790 3 - 4 Irons 
Taylormade P750 5 - 6 Irons 
Taylormade P730 7 - 9 Irons
ARTISAN GOLF 0318 mallet

ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 45* wedge 

ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 50* wedge
ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 55* wedge

finally got a chance to get fit......m3 9.5 one click higher with kuro kage black tini 50 stiff..... wgts are middle of track before the split......gain 10yds and great consistency. Will pick it up next week!

Funny thing is I felt so connected to you guys and your trip....I played with Dewey making it even more special....having used most of taylormade offerings, the M3/M4 line looked great....rather than going stock, I spent money to try some different shafts....surprisingly lightweight stiff gave best results....didn't think I'd see ANY differences as my norm....195-200 carry 210-220 total........ball speed went up and obviously distance while getting more consistency....can't wait to get mine

gMOTWiu.jpg

So tell us more. You hit it that way yet?

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

We were able to get out for 18 on temp greens today. Rain came in mid round but it was awesome to do some more testing.

I've had a fade-push thing going at times with both weights in the toe, so I moved one of the weights to the other side and it straightened me out. I had them both on the toe during the fitting and our Friday round but was dealing with a tight back and was very armsy out there. I'm still seeing a high ball flight and may move them up when the swing is better.

Today was 45 and wet and my distances are about where I'd expect to be in good conditions, so I'm excited to see what happens when it warms up and the fw's are dry.

I'm good for at least one or two big misses most rounds but I'm not seeing many since I got home on my course. With each round I get more comfortable and the early results are impressive.

Ping i230 U-4 x100

Ping s159 55 H x100

Vokey LBK s400 

yea sir, it's not a perfect fit, but you can't see it and it stayed on thru the range session.

will try to play it this way tomorrow and see how it goes. by adding 8g in the head I think it moved the swing weight up by 4 points, D3/D4 to D7/D8?? a very different swing feel from what I used to, we shall see tomorrow.....although it's going to be like playing in a swamp tomorrow, pouring rain all day today!

COBRA LTDx LS 9* 

Taylormade P790 2 Iron
Taylormade P790 3 - 4 Irons 
Taylormade P750 5 - 6 Irons 
Taylormade P730 7 - 9 Irons
ARTISAN GOLF 0318 mallet

ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 45* wedge 

ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 50* wedge
ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 55* wedge

yea sir, it's not a perfect fit, but you can't see it and it stayed on thru the range session.

will try to play it this way tomorrow and see how it goes. by adding 8g in the head I think it moved the swing weight up by 4 points, D3/D4 to D7/D8?? a very different swing feel from what I used to, we shall see tomorrow.....although it's going to be like playing in a swamp tomorrow, pouring rain all day today!

Keep us posted

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*

• 2 weeks later...

Been a terrible winter. First time in a number of years I hadn’t gotten in local Dec and January rounds and Feb isn’t looking any better. Even with the warm up, just way too much rain on the ground for local courses to be playable.

I finally got a chance to swing my SuperSpeed sticks and then hit the range on back to back days. Sadly, the swing was/is garbage especially that first Day out. No wonder I’ve stunk up up so badly at simulator golf. Swaying everywhere. I didnt even feel comfortable setting up to the ball. I definitely need the reps. Day 2 was much improved so I know it will come yet I need allot more time.

I’ll be moving away from the g25 irons so I’m currently playing some old Adams Pro Gold Forged Irons. I want to play/practice with something a little smaller for the time being. This is in prep of moving to the P790 irons. As a result of trying a bunch of 790s in local shops trying to dial in the correct shaft, as well as hitting the Adams forged at the range, the swing started to feel a little better. As a matter of fact, I’ve taken so many swings the last few days I’ve got the muscles in my left forearm pretty sore.

During these ranges sessions I put in the most work I had with the M4 since I received it. Even with my offseason performance issues, this thing flies high and straight. I cannot wait to put this driver in play.

That is all —— for now.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*

Today was the first time since being home that I was able to hit the M3 in great conditions. Sunny, 70 with light winds. Still very wet tho.

I moved both weights up for a few holes and murdered a few but having them both back, split gives me the ball flight I want and confidence I like. I feel like I can get a little more distance out of it with them up, but can control the ball better with them back. I'm loving this driver.

I had my first round with the M3 fw. I'm still deciding on a shaft for it. I ordered it with the Proforce V2 7f5, tipped 2". I picked this since it was the heaviest fw shaft offered and it's pretty stable. I didn't expect much from it but it worked well for me all day. Ugly as sin but handled everything I threw at it.

I also tested out the MG 50 for the first time. Love everything about this wedge besides the sun glare.

Ping i230 U-4 x100

Ping s159 55 H x100

Vokey LBK s400 

Update:

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*

Well, new day, same result. Rain and more rain. Ohio River to crest as soon as Tuesday but rain forecast nearly all week. Will it ever end?

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*

I found this very interesting as it mirrors what I found during my on course round with M4 and at the range. More ball speed and less curve than my previous driver. The difference being is my high toe hit is moving allot less left to right where the video reviewer has the opposite miss but is seeing the same result.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*

Wow! I just went through the posts of some of my GolfWRX comrades from the trip. Not only are they all great guys, but we've also got some solid sticks, excellent writers, and serious photographers (well, Calvin anyway)! There's absolutely no way I can compete with Calvin behind the lens, that would be like me trying to out-drive Kenton or Scott :swoon: , so I won't be redundant by posting my pics of the same scenes but of much lesser quality…lol!

Where to start? I'd have to say that for you guys to get an idea of what this trip was like, just imagine the experience of your dreams, then take it up several notches! TaylorMade went well above and beyond for us! Brian, Jory, Ryan and the rest are all just super people and made each of us feel welcomed and special. I sensed a very cool vibe at TM headquarters and everyone seemed enthused and happy to be working there. That's a credit to leadership, a healthy organizational culture, and the type of talent they acquire.

MY GAME:

I know when I read these things I like to know as much as possible about the reviewers to see how closely their profile might match my own, so I'll provide some details. I'll be 50 in a couple of months and did not play golf as a kid (wish I did). I played all the other sports but didn't pick up golf until after college, getting more serious when I was around 30. I retired in 2016, so I get to play a lot of golf!

Although I don't hit it quite as long as I did when younger, I have continued to improve over the years finishing this season as a 2.3 index which was actually at the higher end of where I was throughout the season. I won my club championship for the first time this year as well as our President's Cup (net match play) and I've been a member for 23 years. I live in NJ, play out of Old York CC in Chesterfield which is part of the Golf Association of Philadelphia (GAP).

You all can check out my WITB in my signature and see that I've got some really old and eclectic gear in there as well as some of the new stuff. I don't change equipment as often as most GolfWRXers and have played the same putter pretty much since I started playing the game save for some failed experiments. I am however, always looking for the latest and greatest in drivers!

I do not have an aesthetically pretty swing by any standard…lol! (If you pull up WHC888's post on p.24 and view his Youtube video you'll see my swing. I'm the guy closest to the camera in the red shirt/black vest looking for my tee after I hit...lol)

It's fairly utilitarian and more of a body swing with a bit of a restricted release. I have a strong(ish) left hand grip and try to rotate hard through the ball swinging the handle left, striving for an inside-square-inside path, using rotation to keep the ball from over-drawing. Still, my standard ball flight is a high draw, though I will intentionally fade my driver on occasion if the hole calls for it. My overall ball striking is generally pedestrian but reasonably effective when I'm on; putting is by far my strength.

I had a helluva a time adjusting to the time change from east to west coast. It was probably a combo of anticipation/excitement, adrenaline, and alcohol, but I slept like crap the day before and through the entire trip. I'm talking about going to bed at midnight and waking at 3:30 a.m. unable to go back to sleep. Dinner Wednesday night was phenomenal, awesome food (I had a bison strip steak), lots of laughs, great wine, and great company, though I probably could have done without the nightcaps back at the hotel!

Thursday morning, the day of our fitting, I downed several cups of coffee and a Monster energy in an effort to recharge the batteries. Perhaps not a good idea in hindsight…lol... as the combo made me jittery and completely out of whack!

We arrived bright and early at TM headquarters (well, most of us anyway, CHRIS!) and got the royal treatment at TM headquarters from top to bottom. Brian Bazzell (VP of Product Creation) gave a phenomenal presentation and discussed the technological innovations in the new M3/M4 products.

THE TECHNOLOGY:

I know TaylorMade takes some heat on this site for some of their aggressive marketing claims, but let me tell you, they are extraordinarily passionate and serious about their products and the R&D that goes into them. We were all impressed with the process as described by Brian. His engineers have been working on the Twist Face tech for nearly four years. They tweaked, tested, and re-designed multiple iterations and analyzed a complex data set of over 500,000 shots hit by real golfers. In the end, Twist Face will result in a significant improvement in dispersion for the vast majority of players on shots missed toward the toe and/or heel. We're talking an aggregate improvement in dispersion (bringing it down from 14 to 3 yards) on strikes across the face! That is the type of tangible and measurable results they are constantly seeking through their product innovations.

Beyond Twist Face, they have also expanded the effective hitting area (sweet spot) with their new Hammerhead technology in the M3 & M4 heads. This was described as an evolution of the RBZ Speed Pocket, with a face that is 20% thinner and 17% lighter than their M1 & M2 drivers. The result is ball speeds that are measurably higher across the face and with a 67% larger max COR area!

The new Y-Track adjustable weighting on the M3 looks simple enough, but was very challenging to design. Impressively, Y-Track provides DOUBLE the amount of adjustability in center of gravity (COG) than the previous M1 designs! Again, tangible and measurable performance improvements, not just hype!

NOTE: In case you're wondering, the M3 comes stock with two 11g weights, but different weights will be available soon. The stock MRC Tensei shafts offered in the new M3 line are identical in materials and profile but without Boron in the tip, plus they will be offering some very nice no-charge and reasonably priced upgrade options.

KINGDOM FITTING:

We arrived at the Kingdom and were again aptly given royal treatment. Just though the front doors they have a small locker room and each of us had a locker with personal name placards…a very nice touch!

We saddled up, met our assigned fitters, and started warming up. Kurt Donahoo was my guy, cool dude, been around the game and in the fitting business for many years, and very clearly knew his stuff.

I started warming up with irons just to get loose, but knew pretty much right away that it was going to be a tough day from a golf swing standpoint for me. As described earlier, I was struggling a bit physically from a combo of exhaustion, hangover, plus the caffeine intervention. Anyway, I felt like crap and as expected, really struggled to make decent swings.

When I moved up to my EPIC SZ driver, I was not producing my normal ball flights. Instead of my usual draw, I was hitting mostly block cuts…not a good thing when you're already aiming right to accommodate the draw. Worse, I was not making great contact! Most attempts to turn one over resulted in nose-diving toe-pulls. Anyway, it was frustrating, but I thought perhaps it would be a good chance to see if Twist Face could help.

I know many of you are very analytical about Trackman data and love to look at all of the minutia when going through a fitting. I tried a different approach; I didn't look at all until the end. I let Kurt analyze my Trackman data and had him just hand me stuff to hit that he felt might work based on his experience. We ran the gamut in terms of weight, flex, bend points, etc. with shafts, and I hit all of the new heads including the M3 440. We left everything in neutral settings because it would not have been wise to make adjustments to a ball flight that was not anywhere close to typical for me. Instead we focused on feel, overall dispersion, spin, and ball speed. Any adjustable drivers I've previously played have always ended up in their neutral settings anyway.

I liked all three heads equally as well and could play any of them. TaylorMade really got aesthetics and the shapes right with this line. Until the M series, I was not a fan of the previous TM head shapes. I would say they're subtle changes versus the M1/M2s, silver from white on the crown being the most obvious. Sound and feel were very pleasing, offering just enough feedback to get a sense of the quality of strike.

So after hitting a bunch of shots with many different combos Kurt was able to zero in on the type of shaft that best suited me. I seem to do best with "boardier" profiles with stiff tips and no pronounced kick coming from any one particular area of the shaft…more of a one-piece type of feel. I did not do as well with softer tip designs or conversely those that were softer in the handle like the Tensei White. In the end we settled on the Fujikura Pro Tour Spec 63 in stiff flex tipped one inch, not a glitzy, glamorous, or overly expensive shaft, just a work-horse…lol! I don't know what it would frequency out to, but one of the other fitters told me it's stiffer than many other manufacturer's X flex offerings in the same weight. Even though I was not swinging my best, this shaft produced the most reliable results and gave me comfort and confidence in terms of balance and feel throughout my swing. When I went back to the Epic for comparison it at once felt foreign.

Choosing the driver head was fairly easy. The M4 produced very slightly higher ball speeds (for me about 1.5 MPH) and knowing that I would not be tweaking the weighting anyway, it seemed to make the most sense. I could easily play any of the three including the 440, which is only about 10% less forgiving in terms of MOI than the regular M3. If you prefer a slightly more compact profile, don't hesitate or be intimidated about giving the 440 a try; it's very easy to hit! In the end it was the M4 head in 8.5 degrees of loft in all neutral settings.

Toward the end of my fitting Kurt shared the data with me that he collected from all shots with the new club without removing all but the worst clunkers. Here are the averages:

Club Head Speed 110, Ball Speed 158, Smash 1.44 (awful, but 100% on me), Launch 13.5, Spin 2400, Peak Height 109 ft.

My average club head speed seemed high for me as I figured I'd only average around 106/107. I even had a few just over 113 MPH which was surprising. I was swinging so poorly my overall smash factor average was really bad, and the best I could do with ball speed was 163.4. I really made a lot of bad swings with horrible sequencing that had me all over the face... and not a square face at that!. As I got tired (and let me tell you, hitting that many drivers will make you tired!) I started sliding ahead of it instead of rotating and things just got worse.

The numbers relative to my Epic Sub Zero were very close in most metrics, with the M4 spinning about 200 RPMs less with better dispersion. Everything else was very close (on average) for the above metrics with what was a reasonably large sample size on a poor swing day.

One really good takeaway from my fitting was that because I was missing both ways, I got to see the full benefits of Twist Face technology. Frustrated by hitting block cuts and not producing my normal draw, attempts to turn the ball over produced plenty of toed pull-draws and even a few hooks, which to me feel just about as bad as a shank, just in the opposite kind of way…lol!

Most halfway decent players can feel where on the face they've struck the ball, and I gave both the high toe and low heel a workout…lol! I can tell you that toe shots definitely stayed in the air longer and did not nose-dive nearly as dramatically with the M3/M4 drivers as with my Epic or any other driver I've played for that matter. It's actually a bit surprising as the ball just "hangs in there" and does not dive left as you might expect based on the strike! Heeled shots were also improved and produced more of a knuckling, hot type shot. Improving the club's performance on the most common mishits will most certainly help golfers improve their fairways hit percentages. Twist Face is real, and it's spectacular...lol!!! ;)

Jodi Ewart-Shadoff took a few minutes to help me with my game in between dialing in some new equipment for herself...lol:

ON THE COURSE:

We had a very early start on Friday morning since some of the guys had 2 p.m. flights. Even though I didn't get much more sleep than the previous night, I definitely drank less and was thankful for that when we got to the course. I was set up to play with Rob (GolfWRX HipCheck) in a match against Ryan and Matt. I don't like to play without a little action, so we set up a GolfWRX v. TM match. Ryan and Matt both play off of around 6, Rob's a 9 and I'm a 3, so we just decided to play straight up, no shots… Nassau bet with two down autos and an auto bump at the turn. I also set-up some indies with anyone else who was willing to match cards afterwards. Jory and I played for a bottle of expensive wine, but halved. Damn!

Still friendly at this point!

Aviara is a beautiful course. It's built in a valley with rolling terrain that can have you unsure which way is up versus down at times. It's a little bit visually intimidating for a first timer, though it proved to have plenty of room to hit it with the exception of a few quirky holes like the 10th. The greens are large and undulating and really require you to be in the right position after your approach or you will definitely have some three putts (I had four). We all got off to a decent start and I hit 3 wood from the tee and a wedge approach to the back of the green for an easy par and a halved hole.

My daughters tell me I suck at selfies, but at least the background is pretty! :)

The match was even after nine, so like any self-respecting degenerate, I suggested we carry the action from the front to the back. Rob played pretty well considering he had not played in quite a while. Ryan and Matt are obviously both good players with nice swings. Neither was particularly happy with his individual play, but they were the epitome of ham & eggs against us and ended up beating us 2 up. I tried to force a 20-foot birdie on 18 to try to pick up a press (we had doubled the presses on the back), but to no avail. Rob and I paid quickly to get the pain of it all over with…lol...!

All fun and games til it was time to pay! OUCH!

I only hit two drivers on the front nine and four on the back, so I didn't exactly give my new M4 a thorough workout. I was swinging much better than at my fitting and had my normal draw back. Most of my draws were as expected, though I did pull-snipe one on the back nine that ended up way better than expected and just off of the fairway. I attempted two fades off the tee to fit the hole shape, but missed both to the right. This likely had more to do with my alignment than anything else. I do feel that my new M4 set-up will resist going left better than my Epic, and that's a good thing. I ended up with 78 and finished out every hole! ( I hate Xs on the card)

After lunch Rob and I went back out for an "emergency nine" that turned into an "emergency twelve!" I hit a few more drivers than the first time through, making 3 birdies and 3 bogies. The M4 performed really well highlighted by a 338 yard draw that caught a down-hill speed slot (only way I could ever hit one that long...lol ��), and a power fade on 18 that left me a gap wedge approach resulting in a final birdie... certainly a gratifying way to end the trip.

CONCLUSION:

Since this thing is turning into a novel (trans-continental flight boredom ;)) I'll wrap it up. This was an absolutely first-class trip from top to bottom and I cannot thank TaylorMade and GolfWRX enough! Beyond the new and exciting equipment, sumptuous meals, luxurious accommodations, and all the swag, getting to share it all with such an awesome bunch of golf nuts was definitely the best! I hope to remain in touch with everyone from this trip and will definitely be playing some golf this coming season with Scott (scottaz), Chris (Gamble Gamble), Kenton (Rob Swanson), and Rob (HipCheck) as we're all reasonably close to each other out here on the east coast. (Did I mention that Scott and Kenton are BEASTS? I'm talkin' Tour-level speeds!!!)

Many thanks to Brian, Jory, Ryan, Rob and everyone at TaylorMade for an unforgettable experience. If any of you have questions, please feel free to fire away and I'll do my best. Twist Face technology definitely works, and if it saves just one nose-diving tee shot from going OB, into a hazard, or into the gunch, then it's worth its weight in gold, as we all know those shots can be round wreckers!

I'm heading to FL later this week and then the Dominican Republic during Super Bowl week, so I'll be putting my new M4 through its paces and will be sure to provide feedback and updates!

Hit 'em long and straight guys and gals! :)

Great write up. Funny enough I was reading through your story as I just purchased a M4 myself and noticed you are a member at Old York. Which prompted me to ask my boss if he knew you, since he is a member there as well. He mentioned you play with his brother quite often. Mr. Riley. small world and an awesome experience for someone so close to me!

~2024 Bag~

Titleist TSR2 10 Degree

Titleist TSR2 3W 15 Degree

Titleist TSR2 Hybrid 19 Degree

Titleist T-100s 4-W  Blackout

Titleist SM9 50.12F,56.12D,60.08M Blackout

Scotty Cameron 11.5 

Titleist Pro-V1x Yellow

I’m all in on TaylorMade M4 in the woods line for 2018. M4 3 driver already in the bag. M4 3HL fairway wood, M4 3 hybrid and M4 4 hybrid are all on order. Reviews to come.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*

Well, new day, same result. Rain and more rain. Ohio River to crest as soon as Tuesday but rain forecast nearly all week. Will it ever end?

We can only hope. I think we’re going to have an early spring but it might be very wet!

Twitter: @Ed_Settle        My WITB
Driver:           Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9.0 +2 GD Tour AD HD 6X
Fairway:        Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 3W/15*  Tensei Wht AV 70S

Utility W:         Callaway UW 19* HZRDUS Black RDX 6.0 S
Hybrid:          Callaway Apex Pro 4/21* KBS Hybrid 85S

Irons:             Callaway X Forged Star 5-PW Modus 105 S
Wedges:       Callaway Jaws Raw 48S/53W/58Z DG S200 
Putter:           2022 Toulon Design Small Batch Austin 34" 

Ball:               2022 Callaway CSX LS
Bag:               VESSEL Blk Lux Cart Bag 14 way   

The M3 driver worked really well on my first attempt at playing during good weather on Wednesday. I will post my arccos data once we get into the season.

So I went a little ape-d!*k on the TM website just now. I am dedicating March 2018 to making the top end of my bag fit my needs.

On Order:

M3 3HL Tensei Blue 75 X

M3 3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X

P790 3i Modus 120 S hsx1

P790 4i Modus 120 S hsx1 (to compare with the one I already have with a tour Ad di x in)

M3 3i Modus 120 S hsx1

M4 4i Modus 120 S hsx1

MG Wedge LB 54 Modus 120 S

Hi Toe 60 - Thanks Jory!!

Center Shaft Spider Tour Sightline (if this works, I will likely professionally paint it black and redo the sightline.)

More to come after I test this stuff out with my specs

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1580770-recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3m4-driver-fitting/"][size=2]M3 Taylormade Experience[/size][/url]

I did not go quite as hog wild as you but I’m all in as well. On order:

M4 3HL fairway.

M4 19* 3 hybrid

M4 22* 4 hybrid

P790 5-A w/Modus 105

Hi Toe 58*

Given the M4 9.5* is a,ready in the bag, I only lack a SW and putter from being 100% TM.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*

I did not go quite as hog wild as you but I’m all in as well. On order:

M4 3HL fairway.

M4 19* 3 hybrid

M4 22* 4 hybrid

P790 5-A w/Modus 105

Hi Toe 58*

Given the M4 9.5* is a,ready in the bag, I only lack a SW and putter from being 100% TM.

i love that you already changed your signature to reflect the clubs that have not even been shipped yet.

You have reached the final level of Golfwrx Enlightenment.