RECAPS: The TaylorMade #TwistFaceExperience. 7 GolfWRX members visit The Kingdom for an exclusive M3

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Say what you want about TM but 5th win in 5 weeks for new M Drivers

They should win every week, with the number of staffers they have and non staffers they pay too tee up the driver.

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

They should win every week, with the number of staffers they have and non staffers they pay too tee up the driver.

Not allowed because of spam@Not allowed because of spam Jan 27

Here is an opportunity for you to offer consumers some transparency.

1. How many players this week are playing M3 or M4?

2. How many have any incentive to do so?

3. How many are doing it for zero incentive?

4. Is incentive built in to ANY contracts to speak about tech?

Ryan Lauder@RyanLauder66 Jan 27

1. It’s on the Darrell Survey (US) & SMS Reports (EU). Feel free to reach out to them.

2. Around 55% - 60% depending on the event.

3. The remaining 45% - 40%.

4. No. Feel free to do some research, go to a Tour event, observe & talk to some people.

I’m off to watch Tiger.

TI Taylormade SIM (9.0°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
TI Taylormade SIM Ti (15.4°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 80X
Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
PING i210 (4i-UW) DG X100
Ping Glide 2.0 (54°) DG S400 TI
Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
Taylormade Spider X Chalk SS

Taylormade TP5

Impressive!

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

Were the M3/M4 hybrids already discussed in the thread? I'm looking for feedback from those of you who got to test those too. How'd they perform for you? Trying to get to demo day soon.

I held a few but never got around to testing them. I really liked the look but didn't have much interest after hitting the UDI.

Chris from TM had one in the bag. I only saw him hit it once, out of the rough, from a long way out on a par 5 to about 6'. I think it was the only time he used it all day and he seemed to like it:)

Callaway AI Smoke TD 9 Mitsubishi Kai'li white 70TX 

Titleist TSI 16.5 Mitsubishi PD 80TX

Titleist TSR 2 24 Fujikura Ventus Black 9x

Ping i230 U-4 x100

Ping s159 55 H x100

Vokey LBK s400 

Gary WoodlandVerified account @GaryWoodland 16m16 minutes ago

Gary Woodland Retweeted TaylorMade Golf

Glad to contribute guys, I put the M3 440 in the bag at Torrey and it certainly paid off last week. Goes long AND straight. #TeamTaylorMade

TI Taylormade SIM (9.0°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
TI Taylormade SIM Ti (15.4°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 80X
Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
PING i210 (4i-UW) DG X100
Ping Glide 2.0 (54°) DG S400 TI
Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
Taylormade Spider X Chalk SS

Taylormade TP5

Gary WoodlandVerified account @GaryWoodland 16m16 minutes ago

Gary Woodland Retweeted TaylorMade Golf

Glad to contribute guys, I put the M3 440 in the bag at Torrey and it certainly paid off last week. Goes long AND straight. #TeamTaylorMade

All of the Taylormade guys are really towing the company line in interviews. Always mentioning the driver. DJ in Maui, Rahm in PS, Rory in Dubai and now Woodland.

Must say I’m definitely going to try them. I need something as long as my Epic but more playable. The misses with the Epic can be round killers.

Were the M3/M4 hybrids already discussed in the thread? I'm looking for feedback from those of you who got to test those too. How'd they perform for you? Trying to get to demo day soon.

I spent some time with the m4 19* at the recommendation of my fitter Patrick. I don’t have any numbers but I loved it. I will get the 3 and 4 as my irons start at 5.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

I spent some time with the m4 19* at the recommendation of my fitter Patrick. I don’t have any numbers but I loved it. It will get the 3 and 4 as my irons start at 5.

i hit the 3h m4 and i really liked how it felt off the deck. I do not have all of the data but it went straight and carried 225-230 for me which is long for a 3h by about 5 yds

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1580770-recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3m4-driver-fitting/"][size=2]M3 Taylormade Experience[/size][/url]

Is the M4 Tour going to be available in a 3HL version? I see the M3 has an HL version but that smaller m4 head is nice.

Yes the M4 3HL is waiting in my shopping cart as we speak.

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1580770-recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3m4-driver-fitting/"][size=2]M3 Taylormade Experience[/size][/url]

Is the M4 Tour going to be available in a 3HL version? I see the M3 has an HL version but that smaller m4 head is nice.

I don’t think the Tour version will have a HL this year.

G430 max 10.5, Accra TZ Five 60s
Callaway Epic Super Hybrid 16, AD-IZ 75S
Callaway Rogue X 20, Oban Devotion 85S
Cobra King utility 25, Accra TZ6 95di
Ping I210 5-U, black dot

Callaway Jaws 56, W grind

Vokey 60, M grind
Scotty Newport 1.5

I don’t think the Tour version will have a HL this year.

:( that’s a shame. Guess it’s M3 HL then for me!

I need the HL to deal with my LOFT.

I guess this was probably covered in one of the many pages, but I'm not going through all that again. I was able to hit the M3 the other day, and the driver just doesn't look right. It just doesn't setup behind the ball well.

I had a friend that hit it today, this guy is a +2 and he said the same thing. It just doesn't look good. Could some of the guys from the trip address this, and I don't think it's the twist face.

I guess this was probably covered in one of the many pages, but I'm not going through all that again. I was able to hit the M3 the other day, and the driver just doesn't look right. It just doesn't setup behind the ball well.

I had a friend that hit it today, this guy is a +2 and he said the same thing. It just doesn't look good. Could some of the guys from the trip address this, and I don't think it's the twist face.

Looks are a subjective thing. I really like how it looks behind the ball because it looks slightly open to me at address if it is soled. For me my miss is a hook so i love how that lays at address.

No real issue for me either. As I was going thru the fitting, Patrick (fitter) set heads with shafts installed next to each other. Heads were at different configurations. We started with a 10.5*neutral and wound up with a 9.5* set in the high setting. From there, we went to work to dial in the numbers.

Some may recall more details but the paint scheme where the face meets the crown out near the toe is designed to give it a certain look.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*

No real issue for me either. As I was going thru the fitting, Patrick (fitter) set heads with shafts installed next to each other. Heads were at different configurations. We started with a 10.5*neutral and wound up with a 9.5* set in the high setting. From there, we went to work to dial in the numbers.

Some may recall more details but the paint scheme where the face meets the crown out near the toe is designed to give it a certain look.

The M4 Dtype which is made to play slightly closed has a paint/crown setup that makes it appear neutral when behind the ball.

Looks are a subjective thing. I really like how it looks behind the ball because it looks slightly open to me at address if it is soled. For me my miss is a hook so i love how that lays at address.

I've had several woods that I felt that way about. This is definitely not one of them for me. Very much the opposite.

Did you test the 460 or 440?

Callaway AI Smoke TD 9 Mitsubishi Kai'li white 70TX 

Titleist TSI 16.5 Mitsubishi PD 80TX

Titleist TSR 2 24 Fujikura Ventus Black 9x

Ping i230 U-4 x100

Ping s159 55 H x100

Vokey LBK s400 

How does everyone like their Hi-Toe wedges?

Did you guys get the retail version or the staffers version?

They definitely look a lot different.

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour

Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

Did we get Hi-Toe wedges? I loved using it at the kingdom (even though my wedge game has the most rust on it)

I'm not aware of anyone from the trip receiving a Hi-Toe at this point.

• Taylormade Qi10 core 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6TX
  • Taylormade Tour Issue Stealth Plus+ 3 HL - Ventus Black 8TX
  • Titleist T100 4-PW - DG TI X100
  • Taylormade MG4 50SB, 56HB, 60HBW - DG TI S400
  • Artisan Blue Bonnet 0820 - LAGP TPZ One35 USA

Did we get Hi-Toe wedges? I loved using it at the kingdom (even though my wedge game has the most rust on it)

I thought a couple of you guys won the Hi-Toe and Jory was going to hook all of you up with one?

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour

Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

I thought a couple of you guys won the Hi-Toe and Jory was going to hook all of you up with one?

That's true, but I think we still have to wait for retail release on that one.

• Taylormade Qi10 core 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6TX
  • Taylormade Tour Issue Stealth Plus+ 3 HL - Ventus Black 8TX
  • Titleist T100 4-PW - DG TI X100
  • Taylormade MG4 50SB, 56HB, 60HBW - DG TI S400
  • Artisan Blue Bonnet 0820 - LAGP TPZ One35 USA

I've had several woods that I felt that way about. This is definitely not one of them for me. Very much the opposite.

Did you test the 460 or 440?

I just hit the 460, I didn't really have time to throw a shaft in the 440. I've played drivers with an open face, that never bothered me at all. This one is different for some reason. I was hitting a few shots with the 9.5 head, and was seeing a lot of the face, it was more than saw with the 12* Sldr I was fitted for during the 5000 challenge trip a few years ago.

On the Sldr trip I think most of the people were put into 12* heads, even Thunderbuzzworth who went from a 7* to a 12* turned down one.

You all (well, those who came in December) are indeed receiving a Hi-Toe. Just waiting for the batch of samples to come in. Rob should be reaching out for your desired loft if he hasn't already. Cheers!

You all (well, those who came in December) are indeed receiving a Hi-Toe. Just waiting for the batch of samples to come in. Rob should be reaching out for your desired loft if he hasn't already. Cheers!

I thought that was a surprise so i went in full "i remember nothing" mode.

As we left we were given a dozen TP5x. Custom balls made for Rory, DJ, JDay, and Rahm (1 sleeve each). We were also able to pick up our brand new drivers for the next day.

What were these like? Could you guys tell a difference between the stock TP5x? Did the TM guys shed any light as to how different they are to the stock version?

Please excuse me if someone already answered this, but I don't have all the time to sift through 39 pages. Love the write ups, these trips sound so cool.

There were two things. The D-Type paint is made to disguise the slightly closed nature of the club. I was switched in and out of the D-Type several times during the fitting and I couldn't tell the difference from address. They also mentioned that they worked hard to make sure that the ridge on the toe of the club wasn't too apparent at address. Club looks from address are very subjective, so I could see that some people might not like the paint scheme.

I'm not aware of anyone from the trip receiving a Hi-Toe at this point.

Wait. You guys didn't all get the straight leading edge, tour grind, hi-toes? I left with 3. They were just laying around so I thought they were for us to keep? ;)

Callaway Rogue ST Max - Tensei AV White - 8*
Taylormade M3 HL - MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP - 4-G - Recoil 95 S - 2* upright

Callaway X-JAWS - 52/58*

Odyssey OWorks 2ball  -  34" - 1* loft - 71* lie
Slighter Proto 1 #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*

WITB Link