2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

RECAPS: The TaylorMade #TwistFaceExperience. 7 GolfWRX members visit The Kingdom for an exclusive M3

It's funny for me to read all the comments from you guys on In-n-Out, but then I realized they're only in 5 states - nothing east of Texas. Living in Palm Springs and now St George I've never not had one fairly nearby. Do you east coast guys know about the menu items that are not posted anywhere in the restaurant? Not really a secret, but most noobs don't know about it.

http://www.in-n-out....ret-menu.aspx

And they have hot yellow peppers too if you ask!

I realize this will probably start a firestorm of replies, but here it is.

In-n-out was disappointing. I ordered the Double Double animal style. I wouldn't rank it anywhere near the top 10 fast food-ish burgers I've ever had. Maybe it was just this particular location on this particular night. Rob, Chris and Tim can chime in here since we all made the late night trip. As a first timer, I give it a 5.3. That's a review.

I would agree if you were talking about their fries. I hate their fries, but the double-double animal style? I need to know what's better for fast food because your comment cut me...it cut me deep.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Toe taking over it seems

Still don't think I have an answer on the availability of a 62*

Ping G430 10k Blueboard 53x

Cally AI Smoke 3w 17* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Fuji TourSpec 8.2s

Ping i210 & s55 6 - PW Steelfiber 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

Scotty GoLo

It's funny for me to read all the comments from you guys on In-n-Out, but then I realized they're only in 5 states - nothing east of Texas. Living in Palm Springs and now St George I've never not had one fairly nearby. Do you east coast guys know about the menu items that are not posted anywhere in the restaurant? Not really a secret, but most noobs don't know about it.

In-n-out was disappointing. I ordered the Double Double animal style. I wouldn't rank it anywhere near the top 10 fast food-ish burgers I've ever had. Maybe it was just this particular location on this particular night. Rob, Chris and Tim can chime in here since we all made the late night trip. As a first timer, I give it a 5.3. That's a review.

Then you forgot to order a shake. Best ever ! :nyam:

I actually did order a chocolate shake...

You kinda hurt my soul. It doesn't even make the top 10?!?

I agree with bcflyguy1 that for most people it's either a 10 or just a "meh". I like it because of fond memories. I'll agree that there are better burgers out there. I feel like In-N-Out lost a little bit of it's charm when it went from being a SoCal thing to branching into other states.

We have "Dick's Drive In" up here in Seattle. It it not the best burger place, but I will defend it till I die because of the regional ties. I preface Dick's Drive In the same way I preface In-N-Out. "If you want a bit of regional flare this is a great place. If you want the best burger, look elsewhere."

Callaway Rogue ST Max - Tensei AV White - 8*
Taylormade M3 HL - MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP - 4-G - Recoil 95 S - 2* upright

Callaway X-JAWS - 52/58*

Odyssey OWorks 2ball  -  34" - 1* loft - 71* lie
Slighter Proto 1 #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*

WITB Link

Count me as a "meh" for in n out. It was so meh, I don't even remember what I had or how it tasted except it wasn't better than your average franchise fast food burger.

SiM2 Max  9°  Fujikura Ventus 6
TS2  15°  GD Tour AD VR-7

testing 5/7 woods🤔🤷‍♀️
818H2  21°  GD Tour AD IZ-85
0311T  4i / Z745  5-9  Nippon 950GH 
SM7 46F 52F 58D  DG 115
SM7 62M  KBS Tour
putter, KBS CT Tour, Pro Only *
(¬¬)

http://www.groundburgerbar.ca/menu

just ate at this place locally ... the bison burger and poutine put In N Out out to pasture so to speak

Ping G430 10k Blueboard 53x

Cally AI Smoke 3w 17* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Fuji TourSpec 8.2s

Ping i210 & s55 6 - PW Steelfiber 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

Scotty GoLo

Hi Toe taking over it seems

Still don't think I have an answer on the availability of a 62*

58°, 60° & 64° lofts (64° only RH).

Callaway AI Smoke TD 9 Mitsubishi Kai'li white 70TX 

Titleist TSI 16.5 Mitsubishi PD 80TX

Titleist TSR 2 24 Fujikura Ventus Black 9x

Ping i230 U-4 x100

Ping s159 55 H x100

Vokey LBK s400 

I would agree if you were talking about their fries. I hate their fries, but the double-double animal style? I need to know what's better for fast food because your comment cut me...it cut me deep.

I've only had it in Texas, but I was not a fan....of the spread. The sauce just tastes funky and I did not enjoy it.

I'll be going again...getting the double-double, mustard grilled, no spread, grilled onions, dutchman, with chopped chili cheese fries and a chocolate shake. If they ever really gethave bacon available...that'll be an adder as well.

Driver: Callaway Paradym 8* (draw, std) - GD ADXC 7x

3 wood: Taylormade SIM 15* - GD ADDI 7x

5 wood: Ping G30 18* - Diamana Blue 83x

Irons: 3-5 Taylormade 2014 TP MC (2* weak);  6-PW Taylormade 2014 TP MB (1* weak) - Project X 6.5

SW: Scratch 54* bent to 53* - Ctaper 130x

LW: Scratch 58* bent to 59* - Ctaper 130x

Putter: Modified Odyssey 7 w/ welded long slant

For those who were fit in comparison to their g400 lst how are the two drivers on low on the face strikes? And does the look/feel compare? Last year the m1 was the longest driver that I have ever had but low toe hooks caused me to sell it for the g400 lst. For some reason I have had an issue with thin strikes with the Ping and my driving has been super embarrassing to the point of hitting 2 iron off every tee. Also plan on addressing the huge error causing this to happen as well.

I was having a tough time staying down on the ball at times. My miss is usually high toe. Some of the best drives I hit all day were low toe.

My fitter mentioned this was something he’s been seeing a lot with the M3.

Low toe is definitely my miss. Can we define toe? Are you talking 1/4 inch from center or where the paint on the toe meets the face. I'm hoping for the latter.

When I first started, I was using their tees and they were white. I could see those misses easy enough because they were leaving a mark. I would say many were about 1/2 way between center and the far end of the toe. Whatever that measurement is.

I prefer longer tees and switched to mine. They don't leave a mark on the face. At that point I had to rely more on feel for my misses but was hitting it higher on the face for sure.

Ping i230 U-4 x100

Ping s159 55 H x100

Vokey LBK s400 

Count me as a "meh" for in n out. It was so meh, I don't even remember what I had or how it tasted except it wasn't better than your average franchise fast food burger.

Judging by your avatar I'm going to assume you're joking lol.

Nope, totally serious actually... I wanted to like it. I had many many people proclaim its virtues to me but it fell way flat for me. Five guys, Shake Shack, Burger Fi, and Smashburger are all better IMO.

SiM2 Max  9°  Fujikura Ventus 6
TS2  15°  GD Tour AD VR-7

testing 5/7 woods🤔🤷‍♀️
818H2  21°  GD Tour AD IZ-85
0311T  4i / Z745  5-9  Nippon 950GH 
SM7 46F 52F 58D  DG 115
SM7 62M  KBS Tour
putter, KBS CT Tour, Pro Only *
(¬¬)

Nope, totally serious actually... I wanted to like it. I had many many people proclaim its virtues to me but it fell way flat for me. Five guys, Shake Shack, Burger Fi, and Smashburger are all better IMO.

I've had 5 guys. Too greasy for me...at least at the one I've been too. The fries are better. The Habit is pretty good and I like how you can get chicken if you want. Again, the fries are much better there as well. Haven't had the other ones you mentioned. I'd take Chik-Fil-A over all of them though. That spicy chicken sandwich is incredible for some reason.

I've had 5 guys. Too greasy for me...at least at the one I've been too. The fries are better. The Habit is pretty good and I like how you can get chicken if you want. Again, the fries are much better there as well. Haven't had the other ones you mentioned. I'd take Chik-Fil-A over all of them though. That spicy chicken sandwich is incredible for some reason.

Lol, ALL 5 guys are greasy.

All of the ones listed are great burger places. They all do it differently.

Agree on Chic-fil-a, the Spicy Chicken is killer. Think they test marketed spicy strips recently as well, which would be bad news for my cholesterol counts.

From a fast food burger standpoint, IMO it's tough to top the Monterrey Melt from Whataburger. Of course they don't have it on the menu right now, the jerks.

On the actual topic of the thread, glad you guys had a great trip and hope your new gear treats you well this season!

OEM Certified Master Fitter

"Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right."
WITB Link

If you're in Orange County and you want a good burger (just a regular burger... nothing fancy), and don't mind getting out of the car for 5 minutes, go to TK Burger and thank me later. It's the best I've found, everyone I take there agrees, and the one in Huntington is right on PCH with a gorgeous view of the beach.

Cash only though, so leave your AE black cards at home.

Side note: I bought a flextech lifestyle bag because of this thread. I might actually like it better than the Hoofer... and I don't ever remember saying that about a bag. This bag has one of the most well thought out pocket configurations I've seen (for my purposes, anyway). The only thing missing is a cart strap pass-through, if I ever wanted to ride, but that's getting pretty nit-picky.

TaylorMade Driver
Tour Edge Exotics Fairways
Bridgestone Irons
Vokey Wedges
Byron Morgan Putter(s)
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/951653-mikey-towns-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

I ate at the In-and-Out in San Jose and it was disgusting. Could have been just a bad experience at one store, but I don't understand what all the hoopla is about.

Whataburger blows them away and that isn't saying much as they are just above average. Out here the Green Chile double is to die for. Not sure they offer it outside of New Mexico and some parts of Texas.

Five Guys is pretty awful as well...just not memorable at all. Freddy's is pretty good if you have one nearby as far as chains go.

I think the best places are local mom and pops, non-chain types. Every city has them...

If you're in Orange County and you want a good burger (just a regular burger... nothing fancy), and don't mind getting out of the car for 5 minutes, go to TK Burger and thank me later. It's the best I've found, everyone I take there agrees, and the one in Huntington is right on PCH with a gorgeous view of the beach.

Side note: I bought a flextech lifestyle bag because of this thread. I might actually like it better than the Hoofer... and I don't ever remember saying that about a bag. This bag has one of the most well thought out pocket configurations I've seen (for my purposes, anyway). The only thing missing is a cart strap pass-through, if I ever wanted to ride, but that's getting pretty nit-picky.

I guess you're treating me lol

I agree, the flextech lifestyle bag is very good. My only minor issue so far is the larger back "ball" pocket zips completely off and I've had it come almost all the way off a couple times. It's a nice feature if you want to monogram it though.

• Taylormade Qi10 core 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6TX
  • Taylormade Tour Issue Stealth Plus+ 3 HL - Ventus Black 8TX
  • Titleist T100 4-PW - DG TI X100
  • Taylormade MG4 50SB, 56HB, 60HBW - DG TI S400
  • Artisan Blue Bonnet 0820 - LAGP TPZ One35 USA

Chris (Gamble Gamble),

Great write-up! Sorry to hear of your travel difficulties! That sucks, especially when you're run-down and under the weather.

I'm impressed with your photography bro, you almost give Calvin a run for his money. I especially like the photos of Cristie and Anna's lockers, but what the he!l were you doing in the women's locker room???

"WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU DOING IN THE WOMEN'S LOCKER ROOM?" is not the first time he has heard this question!

I feel like I've been letdown by In&Out lately, too. Their burgers are pretty good, but their fries are God-awful. I don't know how far their territory has spread, but Freddy's steakburgers and shoestring fries beats it hands-down.

TI Taylormade SIM (9.0°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
TI Taylormade SIM Ti (15.4°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 80X
Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
PING i210 (4i-UW) DG X100
Ping Glide 2.0 (54°) DG S400 TI
Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
Taylormade Spider X Chalk SS

Taylormade TP5

I feel like I've been letdown by In&Out lately, too. Their burgers are pretty good, but their fries are God-awful. I don't know how far their territory has spread, but Freddy's steakburgers and shoestring fries beats it hands-down.

Yes, The honeymoon period for Freddys is still strong. We have five guys, steak and shake and several really good pubs in the Indianapolis area that have great burgers. But right now my favorite is Freddys. The fries sauce and onion rings are top notch also.

Twitter: @Ed_Settle        My WITB
Driver:           Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9.0 +2 GD Tour AD HD 6X
Fairway:        Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 3W/15*  Tensei Wht AV 70S

Utility W:         Callaway UW 19* HZRDUS Black RDX 6.0 S
Hybrid:          Callaway Apex Pro 4/21* KBS Hybrid 85S

Irons:             Callaway X Forged Star 5-PW Modus 105 S
Wedges:       Callaway Jaws Raw 48S/53W/58Z DG S200 
Putter:           2022 Toulon Design Small Batch Austin 34" 

Ball:               2022 Callaway CSX LS
Bag:               VESSEL Blk Lux Cart Bag 14 way   

I agree, the flextech lifestyle bag is very good. My only minor issue so far is the larger back "ball" pocket zips completely off and I've had it come almost all the way off a couple times. It's a nice feature if you want to monogram it though.

If I had to pick one thing I don't dig, it would be the interior pockets are orange. On mine anyway. Otherwise, love it.

Ping i230 U-4 x100

Ping s159 55 H x100

Vokey LBK s400 

I hated missing out but I was simply worn out.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

I think getting a 64* is a fair trade off for the TP logo. I do miss it though.

Titleist TSr4 10.0*  Mitsubishi WB 63 tx  
TaylorMade BRNR Mini 13.5* Kai'li white- tx
Srixon ZX5 (4-6) ZX7 (7-pw) KBS tour 130-x
Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway Full Toe 54*, 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
Toulon First Run Las Vegas DB

Pro V1

OMG yes. Those shoestring fries are unbelievable and the burgers are fantastic, as well. Chicken tenders are pretty good too, according to my kids. I was disappointed with my lone visit to an In & Out a few years back. Good, but it would be at the bottom of the top 5.

Did TM tell you guys why they dropped the TP logo and when/if it will be back?

Here we go... :rofl:

(and I'm right there with you)

TaylorMade Qi10 LS 9.0, Ventus TR Blue 6X, 45.5"

TaylorMade 300 Mini Blackout 13.5, Ventus Black 7X, 43"

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 4 (16.5), Ventus TR Red 7X, 42.5"

TaylorMade P770 3 (2023), DG X100 (SSx2)

TaylorMade P7MC Raw 4-PW, DG Mid X100 (SSx1)
TaylorMade MG Raw 52, DG S400

Titleist SM9 58T, DG S400
Scotty Cameron Oil Can Newport, 34"
TaylorMade TP5x (2024)

My WITB Post

Twitter: @Ed_Settle        My WITB
Driver:           Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9.0 +2 GD Tour AD HD 6X
Fairway:        Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 3W/15*  Tensei Wht AV 70S

Utility W:         Callaway UW 19* HZRDUS Black RDX 6.0 S
Hybrid:          Callaway Apex Pro 4/21* KBS Hybrid 85S

Irons:             Callaway X Forged Star 5-PW Modus 105 S
Wedges:       Callaway Jaws Raw 48S/53W/58Z DG S200