2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

RECAPS: The TaylorMade #TwistFaceExperience. 7 GolfWRX members visit The Kingdom for an exclusive M3

Where are the rest of the reviews?

Spread through this thread.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have the new UDIs when you guys went? If so do they look like the P790s?

The one I hit was a 2. I’m pretty sure it didn’t have the UDI stamped on there tho. Could be wrong.

I asked if it was the same thing coming out and was told yes.

And I didn’t see any difference between that and the 790.

Callaway AI Smoke TD 9 Mitsubishi Kai'li white 70TX 

Titleist TSI 16.5 Mitsubishi PD 80TX

Titleist TSR 2 24 Fujikura Ventus Black 9x

Ping i230 U-4 x100

Ping s159 55 H x100

Vokey LBK s400 

For most of us that play, I would think an OEM trip/visit is a bucket list item. This thread has been fun to follow; congrats to those that were selected for the M3/M4 TwistFace experience.

No question, TaylorMade knows how to deliver an awesome consumer experience at The Kingdom. It’s very cool to be able to see, first hand, how the best in the business go about their daily activities. It’s understandable, but unfortunate, that more players don’t have an opportunity to visit OEM facilities and speak directly to the designers, engineers, fitters, etc. and go through an expert fitting that covers the details to ultimately deliver a club, wedges and irons built for the individual golfer.

For those of you that went on the trip, I hope you’ll continue to update your progression with the new M3/M4 drivers. Once warmer weather comes and you are able to get some extended playing time, it will be interesting to see if the M3/M4 has become your “go to” driver. Especially for those of you that tend to play with friends that usually have bets riding on the round or play local association/club tournaments, city/county/state championships, qualifiers, etc.

TaylorMade M2 10.5 / Matrix White Tie 50X4 R
Callaway Apex 3/20 Hybrid / USTM Recoil 760 ES F3
Callaway Apex 4/23 Hybrid / USTM Recoil 760 ES F3

Maltby KE Tour TC 5/25 Hybrid / Rapport CoreBlue Hybrid R flex
Maltby Forged DBM 4-GW / USTM Recoil 660 F3
Maltby TSW DRM 58 / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
Maltby TSW DRM 54 / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
Maltby PTM-5 with 3" Carbon Steel hosel & UST Frequency Filter shaft
Nike RZN Tour Black or TaylorMade Tour Response

Where are the rest of the reviews?

Each GolfWRX member is posting their write-up of their fitting etc from the TaylorMade Twist Face Experience. Below are some quick links to jump directly to them.

GOLFWRX MEMBER #1

RonSwanson (Kenton)

BIO QUOTE

Currently a 2 handicap with swing speed bouncing around in the mid to upper 110s. I play about 20-30 rounds a year now that I’m married with a 2 year old son, but I did play competitive golf in my high school and college days.

PREVIOUS DRIVER

My last fitting was in April of last year and I was fit for an M1 440 9.5 w/ HZRDUS T1100 75 6.5 shaft. The driver I brought with me was a Ping G400 10* LST w/ Diamana B 70 X.

NEW TAYLORMADE DRIVER

M3 9.5 with the AD BB 7x

WRITE-UP

TM Twist Face Experience Write-Up on Page 1

GOLFWRX MEMBER #2

blink3665 (Tim)

BIO QUOTE

I finished last season as a 15.2 handicap. I have a driver swing speed of between 90-95. Name a swing flaw and I probably have it. Over the top, early extension... those both describe me. I have a slow tempo and transition. I started playing golf about 6 years ago.

PREVIOUS DRIVER

Callaway XR16 stock Speeder 556 regular flex. 10.5* head set to 9.5* neutral setting.

NEW TAYLORMADE DRIVER

Taylormade m4 with White Tie 55g Stiff flex. 9.5* head set to upright.

WRITE-UP

TM Twist Face Experience Write-Up on Page 23

GOLFWRX MEMBER #3

scottaz (Scott)

BIO QUOTE

I finished this season as a 2.7. Putting and the short game are my strengths. My iron play is average. Driver ss is around 115-118. My normal miss is high toe and the left side of the course.

PREVIOUS DRIVER

PING G400 LST 8.5 on big minus. Kuro Kage Duel Core TX70 tipped ½”. 45.25”

NEW TAYLORMADE DRIVER

TaylorMade M3 440 9>7.5. Fuji Atmos Black 8 TX tipped 1”. Both weights toe. 45.5”

WRITE-UP

TM Twist Face Experience Write-Up on Page 24

GOLFWRX MEMBER #4

WHC888 (Calvin)

BIO QUOTE

Currently a 8 handicap with an average swing speed right around 100mph.

PREVIOUS DRIVER

Tour Issue 16' M2, 9.7* set @ LOWER setting w/ Graphite Design Tour AD GP 6s.

NEW TAYLORMADE DRIVER

M3 440, 9* set @ 1 click before LOWER setting, moveable weight set at LOW & DRAW position w/ Graphite Design Tour AD TP 6s.

WRITE-UP

TM Twist Face Experience Write-Up on Page 24

GOLFWRX MEMBER #5

dpb5031 (Dewey)

BIO QUOTE

Still feeling nifty for damned near fifty ;)! Finished the season with a 2.2 GHIN index and won my club championship for the first time this year after being a member for 23 years. Enjoy a little action on the course and truly play gear that I find to work best for me. Recently retired, I played over 100 rounds in 2017! My driver swing speed is ~110. My game is reasonably well-rounded with putting being a strength.

PREVIOUS DRIVER

Callaway Epic Sub Zero, 9 degrees, Standard Settings, Kuro Kage DC TiNi Silver Tour Stiff, 45.25" Length, GolfPride New Decade Black & White Grip

NEW TAYLORMADE DRIVER

2018 M4 8.5 degrees, Standard "Neutral" Settings, Fujikura Pro 63 Tour Spec Stiff-Tipped 1", 45.25" Length, GolfPride New Decade Black & White Grip

WRITE-UP

TM Twist Face Experience Write-Up on Page 26

GOLFWRX MEMBER #6

Cwing (Craig)

BIO QUOTE

Ended the season at 13.8 after starting the season at 12.1. I somehow developed a right to left ball flight that was sometime uncontrollable especially early in the season.

PREVIOUS DRIVER

Callaway Fusion in 10.5* w/Recoil 450ES F4 in 44.5” with 12 gram head wait played with head setting in standard neutral positions

NEW TAYLORMADE DRIVER

TaylorMade M4 in 9.5* of loft turned up to the high setting with the Atmos 5 S-Stiff by Fujikura in 44.5*.

WRITE-UP

TM Twist Face Experience Write-Up on Page 27

GOLFWRX MEMBER #7

Gamble Gamble (Chris)

BIO QUOTE

I finished my club’s tournament season as a 10.3, down from a 12.5 earlier in the year. My full shot game is very temperamental and when I can avoid hooks I play towards the top of my range. Typically my putting and short game are my strengths, but early in the season my chipping/pitching is very rusty.

PREVIOUS DRIVER

Ping G400 9* Tour ADDI 6X (I tinker between that and a Diamana 7X)

NEW TAYLORMADE DRIVER

TM M3 10* Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec 7X

WRITE-UP

TM Twist Face Experience Write-Up on Page 28

Follow our Two Guys Talkin Golf (TG2) Podcast on Instagram + Twitter + iTunes + SoundCloud
 Click here to grab a new "circle" avatar

For most of us that play, I would think an OEM trip/visit is a bucket list item. This thread has been fun to follow; congrats to those that were selected for the M3/M4 TwistFace experience.

No question, TaylorMade knows how to deliver an awesome consumer experience at The Kingdom. It’s very cool to be able to see, first hand, how the best in the business go about their daily activities. It’s understandable, but unfortunate, that more players don’t have an opportunity to visit OEM facilities and speak directly to the designers, engineers, fitters, etc. and go through an expert fitting that covers the details to ultimately deliver a club, wedges and irons built for the individual golfer.

For those of you that went on the trip, I hope you’ll continue to update your progression with the new M3/M4 drivers. Once warmer weather comes and you are able to get some extended playing time, it will be interesting to see if the M3/M4 has become your “go to” driver. Especially for those of you that tend to play with friends that usually have bets riding on the round or play local association/club tournaments, city/county/state championships, qualifiers, etc.

I can only speak for myself but I am certain this thread will live on for many months to come once we can get on course. One photo taken yesterday and the second this morning. Much improvement over the last 24 hrs but still a long way to go. . Tee box on a par 4.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

Ha! First picture looks awful!

TaylorMade M2 10.5 / Matrix White Tie 50X4 R
Callaway Apex 3/20 Hybrid / USTM Recoil 760 ES F3
Callaway Apex 4/23 Hybrid / USTM Recoil 760 ES F3

Maltby KE Tour TC 5/25 Hybrid / Rapport CoreBlue Hybrid R flex
Maltby Forged DBM 4-GW / USTM Recoil 660 F3
Maltby TSW DRM 58 / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
Maltby TSW DRM 54 / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
Maltby PTM-5 with 3" Carbon Steel hosel & UST Frequency Filter shaft
Nike RZN Tour Black or TaylorMade Tour Response

Taylormade releasing any marketing material on “how to sell to your significant other?”

#iwant

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

3w Stealth 2 + 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”  

2i TMAG P790 2i Hzdus 100g X  

Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) PX 7.0 Std Length -2 flat from Titleist Spec 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

Is that porta potty there all the time - my wife would go ballistic looking at that

Porta potty vs some Radom dudes “piece”

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

3w Stealth 2 + 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”  

2i TMAG P790 2i Hzdus 100g X  

Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) PX 7.0 Std Length -2 flat from Titleist Spec 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

Taylormade releasing any marketing material on “how to sell to your significant other?”

#iwant

As always, the key is to have boxes coming all the time so everything just becomes noise. Second credit card helps too!

TaylorMade Qi10 LS 9.0, Ventus TR Blue 6X, 45.5"

TaylorMade 300 Mini Blackout 13.5, Ventus Black 7X, 43"

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 4 (16.5), Ventus TR Red 7X, 42.5"

TaylorMade P770 3 (2023), DG X100 (SSx2)

TaylorMade P7MC Raw 4-PW, DG Mid X100 (SSx1)
TaylorMade MG Raw 52, DG S400

Titleist SM9 58T, DG S400
Scotty Cameron Oil Can Newport, 34"
TaylorMade TP5x (2024)

My WITB Post

A few of the guys are playing today (lucky!) and I'm sure they'll give some updates. I think Dewey has played every day since we left.

My course should be open later this week. But our range was open today. I was hitting the ball in my normal miss spot for the most part and the results were great. Loving what I'm seeing so far. I hit one damn near stupid mark level, way off the toe. That's usually a low hook. It ended up being very playable.

I tried going up to 9* for about 10 swings and found the ball flight to be surprisingly high.

Ping i230 U-4 x100

Ping s159 55 H x100

Vokey LBK s400 

A few of the guys are playing today (lucky!) and I'm sure they'll give some updates. I think Dewey has played every day since we left.

My course should be open later this week. But our range was open today. I was hitting the ball in my normal miss spot for the most part and the results were great. Loving what I'm seeing so far. I hit one damn near stupid mark level, way off the toe. That's usually a high hook. It ended up being very playable.

I tried going up to 9* for about 10 swings and found the ball flight to be surprisingly high.

Hit the Twist Face, literally :tongue: I hate to admit it, but I have a miss exactly there.. usually very playable with the 917, with the Epic, low nose diver left, usually really bad. How's the new M3 handle that shot? Can you compare the M3 440 to the M1 440? Loved the M1 440 from address, just wasn't very playable and not much longer than the M1 460.

Interested to hear how you guys like the new drivers on the course.

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

My course should be open later this week. But our range was open today. I was hitting the ball in my normal miss spot for the most part and the results were great. Loving what I'm seeing so far. I hit one damn near stupid mark level, way off the toe. That's usually a high hook. It ended up being very playable.

Hit the Twist Face, literally :tongue: I hate to admit it, but I have a miss exactly there.. usually very playable with the 917, with the Epic, low nose diver left, usually really bad. How's the new M3 handle that shot? Can you compare the M3 440 to the M1 440? Loved the M1 440 from address, just wasn't very playable and not much longer than the M1 460.

Interested to hear how you guys like the new drivers on the course.

If I keep this up, I'll only have Twist F left up there... :bigwhack:

That ball with my SZ would have been VERY unplayable. The few I hit up there were 15-20 yards high draws. The major difference is it starts off straighter and gets up instead of nose diving.

Not sure about length just yet but more forgiving than the M1 440 for sure. The M1 440 punished me with anything low on the face. The M3 likes it down there. I'm hitting the M3 at 7.5* higher than I did the M1 440 at 9.5*. Completely different animals IMO.

Ping i230 U-4 x100

Ping s159 55 H x100

Vokey LBK s400 

"Twist F". Lol.

Callaway Rogue ST Max - Tensei AV White - 8*
Taylormade M3 HL - MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP - 4-G - Recoil 95 S - 2* upright

Callaway X-JAWS - 52/58*

Odyssey OWorks 2ball  -  34" - 1* loft - 71* lie
Slighter Proto 1 #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*

WITB Link

Is that porta potty there all the time - my wife would go ballistic looking at that

Negative. Neighbors tarp over patio furniture or something along those lines. No portalet. Full blown storm shelter with restrooms in between the par 3 and par 4. It’s not shown in the photo but it would be to the left.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*

Played Atlantic City CC today. We had 8 guys (2 groups). Temp was about 45 and all things considered it was a nice day for mid-winter here in Jersey.

This was the first round I've played with my new M4 since the TM fitting. It is definitely an anti-left set-up. Twist Face tech definitely in play!!! I shot 69 (par 70) and won our quota game plus my matches and 3 scats, so... good day!?

USGA Index: ~0

[b]WITB[/b]:
Ping G410 LST 9 degree - Tour AD IZ 6x
Ping G410 LST - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Kasco K2K 33 - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Callaway RazrX Tour 4h - Tour 95 shaft
Ping i200 5-UW (2 flat) - Nippon Modus 105X
Taylormade HiToe 54 (bent to 55 & 2 flat)
Taylormade HiToe 64 (Bent to 62 & 2 flat)
Palmer AP30R putter (circa 1960s)
Taylormade TP5X Ball

Played Atlantic City CC today. We had 8 guys (2 groups). Temp was about 45 and all things considered it was a nice day for mid-winter here in Jersey.

This was the first round I've played with my new M4 since the TM fitting. It is definitely an anti-left set-up. Twist Face tech definitely in play!!! I shot 69 (par 70) and won our quota game plus my matches and 3 scats, so... good day!?

Awesome Dewey....how was the flight of M4 ?

I hit mostly slight cuts with it which gave me confidence as the round progressed. Not one left miss, and you know I can over-draw it with the best of 'em. Nice flat traj

[b]WITB[/b]:
Taylormade TP5X Ball

Nice day Dewey, nice day!

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*

I hit mostly slight cuts with it which gave me confidence as the round progressed. Not one left miss, and you know I can over-draw it with the best of 'em. Nice flat traj

And you ONLY shot one under???? hehe.....just kidding broski.....nice round!

This was the first round I've played with my new M4 since the TM fitting. It is definitely an anti-left set-up. Twist Face tech definitely in play!!! I shot 69 (par 70) and won our quota game plus my matches and 3 scats, so... good day!

Great round! Congrats!

I let two of my buddies hit the M4 and they both really liked it...especially the look & feel. My one buddy, Gerry, hits a big sweeping draw with his gamer and hit my M4 much straighter.

[b]WITB[/b]:
Taylormade TP5X Ball

That’s what I think will happen. You get back to your home course and find more fairways. You shot lower scores. Distance is good but accuracy is better.

Twitter: @Ed_Settle        My WITB
Driver:           Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9.0 +2 GD Tour AD HD 6X
Fairway:        Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 3W/15*  Tensei Wht AV 70S

Utility W:         Callaway UW 19* HZRDUS Black RDX 6.0 S
Hybrid:          Callaway Apex Pro 4/21* KBS Hybrid 85S

Irons:             Callaway X Forged Star 5-PW Modus 105 S
Wedges:       Callaway Jaws Raw 48S/53W/58Z DG S200 
Putter:           2022 Toulon Design Small Batch Austin 34" 

Ball:               2022 Callaway CSX LS
Bag:               VESSEL Blk Lux Cart Bag 14 way   

That’s what I think will happen. You get back to your home course and find more fairways. You shot lower scores. Distance is good but accuracy is better.

No doubt, plus a little extra confidence to go ahead and swing at it knowing you can keep it in play can make a big difference!

[b]WITB[/b]:
Taylormade TP5X Ball

No doubt, plus a little extra confidence to go ahead and swing at it knowing you can keep it in play can make a big difference!

Did you watch the Shiels full review video yet?

Not yet

[b]WITB[/b]:
Taylormade TP5X Ball

Just finished it. He didn’t seem to think it would work well for him. There will be some it works for and some that don’t.

Twitter: @Ed_Settle        My WITB
Driver:           Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9.0 +2 GD Tour AD HD 6X
Fairway:        Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 3W/15*  Tensei Wht AV 70S

Utility W:         Callaway UW 19* HZRDUS Black RDX 6.0 S
Hybrid:          Callaway Apex Pro 4/21* KBS Hybrid 85S

Irons:             Callaway X Forged Star 5-PW Modus 105 S
Wedges:       Callaway Jaws Raw 48S/53W/58Z DG S200 
Putter:           2022 Toulon Design Small Batch Austin 34" 

Ball:               2022 Callaway CSX LS
Bag:               VESSEL Blk Lux Cart Bag 14 way   

Hey, is that Bernie Madoff in the back?

G430 max 10.5, Accra TZ Five 60s
Callaway Epic Super Hybrid 16, AD-IZ 75S
Callaway Rogue X 20, Oban Devotion 85S
Cobra King utility 25, Accra TZ6 95di
Ping I210 5-U, black dot

Callaway Jaws 56, W grind

Vokey 60, M grind
Scotty Newport 1.5

Hahahaa too funny...!!! I guess it's true, federal prison is nothing but a country club...lol!

I'll tell ya what, that little old sucker can play. He's 67 and still plays near scratch and can't putt a lick. He's won a lot of stuff and twice qualified for the US Senior Am!

[b]WITB[/b]:
Taylormade TP5X Ball

Hahahaa too funny...!!! I guess it's true, federal prison is nothing but a country club...lol!

I'll tell ya what, that little old sucker can play. He's 67 and still plays near scratch and can't putt a lick. He's won a lot of stuff and twice qualified for the US Senior Am!

Oh WOW!!!! talk about twinsies.....