2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

RECAPS: The TaylorMade #TwistFaceExperience. 7 GolfWRX members visit The Kingdom for an exclusive M3

I think getting a 64* is a fair trade off for the TP logo. I do miss it though.

The iconic TP logo stands alone and nothing else compares:)

Okay enough about that. Back on topic! :pimp:

We have heard that the drivers are good and certainly something that we have to hit and see for ourselves. Fairways are also good and definitely worth a try if you are looking to replace your 3w.

Have we talked about the hybrids? That is an area that I struggle with off the tee and hook off the fairway. That’s why I dropped my 3H for the 790 4i. Maybe not as versatile out of the rough but at least I know it’s going straight.

I would love to have a hybrid that was not so drawl biased. Obviously they make them but I have not hit one! I’m wondering if the M3 hybrid with the sliding weight might be my answer.

Twitter: @Ed_Settle        My WITB
Driver:           Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9.0 +2 GD Tour AD HD 6X
Fairway:        Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 3W/15*  Tensei Wht AV 70S

Utility W:         Callaway UW 19* HZRDUS Black RDX 6.0 S
Hybrid:          Callaway Apex Pro 4/21* KBS Hybrid 85S

Irons:             Callaway X Forged Star 5-PW Modus 105 S
Wedges:       Callaway Jaws Raw 48S/53W/58Z DG S200 
Putter:           2022 Toulon Design Small Batch Austin 34" 

Ball:               2022 Callaway CSX LS
Bag:               VESSEL Blk Lux Cart Bag 14 way   

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's funny for me to read all the comments from you guys on In-n-Out, but then I realized they're only in 5 states - nothing east of Texas. Living in Palm Springs and now St George I've never not had one fairly nearby. Do you east coast guys know about the menu items that are not posted anywhere in the restaurant? Not really a secret, but most noobs don't know about it.

http://www.in-n-out....ret-menu.aspx

And they have hot yellow peppers too if you ask!

I realize this will probably start a firestorm of replies, but here it is.

In-n-out was disappointing. I ordered the Double Double animal style. I wouldn't rank it anywhere near the top 10 fast food-ish burgers I've ever had. Maybe it was just this particular location on this particular night. Rob, Chris and Tim can chime in here since we all made the late night trip. As a first timer, I give it a 5.3. That's a review.

I agree, but i will say the animal style double double crushes the big mac by a mile. That is more of an indictment towards the decline of the big mac in recent years rather than praise for in and out.

I feel like I've been letdown by In&Out lately, too. Their burgers are pretty good, but their fries are God-awful. I don't know how far their territory has spread, but Freddy's steakburgers and shoestring fries beats it hands-down.

You have piqued my interest. Luckily, there is one like 25 minutes from me. Any recommendations there?

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1580770-recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3m4-driver-fitting/"][size=2]M3 Taylormade Experience[/size][/url]

We have heard that the drivers are good and certainly something that we have to hit and see for ourselves. Fairways are also good and definitely worth a try if you are looking to replace your 3w.

Have we talked about the hybrids? That is an area that I struggle with off the tee and hook off the fairway. That's why I dropped my 3H for the 790 4i. Maybe not as versatile out of the rough but at least I know it's going straight.

I would love to have a hybrid that was not so drawl biased. Obviously they make them but I have not hit one! I'm wondering if the M3 hybrid with the sliding weight might be my answer.

I hit the stock M4 3 hybrid a few times and was very pleased. I had almost "Dewey and his pickle" level of comfort with it which is rare for me with a new hybrid off the deck.

Is M4 Tour Fwy glued hosel only? Thanks!

The one i hit was a glued hosel.

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1580770-recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3m4-driver-fitting/"][size=2]M3 Taylormade Experience[/size][/url]

Have we talked about the hybrids? That is an area that I struggle with off the tee and hook off the fairway. That’s why I dropped my 3H for the 790 4i. Maybe not as versatile out of the rough but at least I know it’s going straight.

I would love to have a hybrid that was not so drawl biased. Obviously they make them but I have not hit one! I’m wondering if the M3 hybrid with the sliding weight might be my answer.

I’m sure you’ve tried a bunch of shafts? I was told to go lower tourque in the hybrids by Obee and it’s worked out great for going on 2 years now.

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

Okay enough about that. Back on topic

Have we talked about the hybrids? That is an area that I struggle with off the tee and hook off the fairway. That's why I dropped my 3H for the 790 4i. Maybe not as versatile out of the rough but at least I know it's going straight.

I would love to have a hybrid that was not so drawl biased. Obviously they make them but I have not hit one! I'm wondering if the M3 hybrid with the sliding weight might be my answer.

I didn't hit either of them, but they look great. Especially the M3. I thought it had a very Adams Pro Black shape, maybe slightly more rounded toward the heel, but has the high toe face and the sliding weight should take care of any "go left" issues. For me, that is as good as you can do with a hybrid. I'm pretty sure Scott tested the M3 hybrid, so maybe he can chime in.

• Taylormade Qi10 core 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6TX
  • Taylormade Tour Issue Stealth Plus+ 3 HL - Ventus Black 8TX
  • Titleist T100 4-PW - DG TI X100
  • Taylormade MG4 50SB, 56HB, 60HBW - DG TI S400
  • Artisan Blue Bonnet 0820 - LAGP TPZ One35 USA

I hit the stock M4 3 hybrid a few times and was very pleased. I had almost "Dewey and his pickle" level of comfort with it which is rare for me with a new hybrid off the deck.

#Deweyspickle

• Taylormade Qi10 core 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6TX
  • Taylormade Tour Issue Stealth Plus+ 3 HL - Ventus Black 8TX
  • Titleist T100 4-PW - DG TI X100
  • Taylormade MG4 50SB, 56HB, 60HBW - DG TI S400
  • Artisan Blue Bonnet 0820 - LAGP TPZ One35 USA

It's funny for me to read all the comments from you guys on In-n-Out, but then I realized they're only in 5 states - nothing east of Texas. Living in Palm Springs and now St George I've never not had one fairly nearby. Do you east coast guys know about the menu items that are not posted anywhere in the restaurant? Not really a secret, but most noobs don't know about it.

In-n-out was disappointing. I ordered the Double Double animal style. I wouldn't rank it anywhere near the top 10 fast food-ish burgers I've ever had. Maybe it was just this particular location on this particular night. Rob, Chris and Tim can chime in here since we all made the late night trip. As a first timer, I give it a 5.3. That's a review.

I agree, but i will say the animal style double double crushes the big mac by a mile. That is more of an indictment towards the decline of the big mac in recent years rather than praise for in and out.

I feel like I've been letdown by In&Out lately, too. Their burgers are pretty good, but their fries are God-awful. I don't know how far their territory has spread, but Freddy's steakburgers and shoestring fries beats it hands-down.

You have piqued my interest. Luckily, there is one like 25 minutes from me. Any recommendations there?

Don’t forget the onion rings! All the burgers are good

I’m sure you’ve tried a bunch of shafts? I was told to go lower tourque in the hybrids by Obee and it’s worked out great for going on 2 years now.

Makes a lot of sense. Because the last Hybrid I hit decent was the SLDR that were built with steel project X shafts!

Don't forget the onion rings! All the burgers are good

I live in DFW area and have traveled to the west coast quite a bit. In N Out is a nice change, but I will say this the burger is always better just regular burger, only get the fries animal style and try a milkshake they are pretty good. The fries are fresh as they get so some people may not be a fan.

Being from Oklahoma and Texas mainly the best burgers you can get to me are Braums, not sure how spread out they are but everywhere in Oklahoma and northern Texas, and Kincaids, which is a Texas only thing I believe.

#Deweyspickle

Played with Dewey yesterday.....the Kasco classic dill is a weapon!

Makes a lot of sense. Because the last Hybrid I hit decent was the SLDR that were built with steel project X shafts!

I’ve been playing the speeder shafts that were an option in Titliest 816 hybrids.

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

If you're in Orange County and you want a good burger (just a regular burger... nothing fancy), and don't mind getting out of the car for 5 minutes, go to TK Burger and thank me later. It's the best I've found, everyone I take there agrees, and the one in Huntington is right on PCH with a gorgeous view of the beach.

Cash only though, so leave your AE black cards at home.

Side note: I bought a flextech lifestyle bag because of this thread. I might actually like it better than the Hoofer... and I don't ever remember saying that about a bag. This bag has one of the most well thought out pocket configurations I've seen (for my purposes, anyway). The only thing missing is a cart strap pass-through, if I ever wanted to ride, but that's getting pretty nit-picky.

I agree, the flextech lifestyle bag is very good. My only minor issue so far is the larger back "ball" pocket zips completely off and I've had it come almost all the way off a couple times. It's a nice feature if you want to monogram it though.

If I had to pick one thing I don't dig, it would be the interior pockets are orange. On mine anyway. Otherwise, love it.

That's to help you see what's in it better. I've had a few messenger bags and other pockets like that - one lime green on the inside, one bright orange - and I was not thrilled at first but it really helps so now I'm a fan.

SiM2 Max  9°  Fujikura Ventus 6
TS2  15°  GD Tour AD VR-7

testing 5/7 woods🤔🤷‍♀️
818H2  21°  GD Tour AD IZ-85
0311T  4i / Z745  5-9  Nippon 950GH 
SM7 46F 52F 58D  DG 115
SM7 62M  KBS Tour
putter, KBS CT Tour, Pro Only *
(¬¬)

Chris (Gamble Gamble),

Great write-up! Sorry to hear of your travel difficulties! That sucks, especially when you're run-down and under the weather.

I'm impressed with your photography bro, you almost give Calvin a run for his money. I especially like the photos of Cristie and Anna's lockers, but what the he!l were you doing in the women's locker room??? ��

"WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU DOING IN THE WOMEN'S LOCKER ROOM?" is not the first time he has heard this question!

the-plaque-for-the-alternates-is-down-in-the-ladies-room.jpg

Cobra LTDx LS - Oban Kiyoshi HB-65
Cobra F8 4w - Tour AD IZ-7s
Cobra 4h - SmacWrap 780 ES x
Cobra Forged Tec Black - AMT x100
Titleist Vokey 50/54/58 SM9
Edel E-1

I was able to test the M3 indoors this morning. It was nice swinging with it for the first time without the tight lower back.

I was swinging pretty well. When I missed, it was consistently in my normal spot, slightly high on the toe. Indoors, so take it for what it's worth but I'm really excited about what I'm seeing.

Warm weathers coming and I'm hoping to get it outdoors soon.

Callaway AI Smoke TD 9 Mitsubishi Kai'li white 70TX 

Titleist TSI 16.5 Mitsubishi PD 80TX

Titleist TSR 2 24 Fujikura Ventus Black 9x

Ping i230 U-4 x100

Ping s159 55 H x100

Vokey LBK s400 

I was able to test the M3 indoors this morning. It was nice swinging with it for the first time without the tight lower back.

I was swinging pretty well. When I missed, it was consistently in my normal spot, slightly high on the toe. Indoors, so take it for what it's worth but I'm really excited about what I'm seeing.

I like your new WITB signature. ROFL.

Callaway Rogue ST Max - Tensei AV White - 8*
Taylormade M3 HL - MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP - 4-G - Recoil 95 S - 2* upright

Callaway X-JAWS - 52/58*

Odyssey OWorks 2ball  -  34" - 1* loft - 71* lie
Slighter Proto 1 #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*

WITB Link

I'm going driver/putter this year. Might grab a wedge. :)

My head was spinning a bit after seeing what I was using vs. what I should be. Wasn't the best feeling.

Ping i230 U-4 x100

Ping s159 55 H x100

Vokey LBK s400 

Okay enough about that. Back on topic

I didn't hit either of them, but they look great. Especially the M3. I thought it had a very Adams Pro Black shape, maybe slightly more rounded toward the heel, but has the high toe face and the sliding weight should take care of any "go left" issues. For me, that is as good as you can do with a hybrid. I'm pretty sure Scott tested the M3 hybrid, so maybe he can chime in.

I wanted to to but never got around to the hybrid. Shame, it looked great.

I had every intention but after trying the UDI, that slot in the bag was filled.

Ping i230 U-4 x100

Ping s159 55 H x100

Vokey LBK s400 

My head was spinning a bit after seeing what I was using vs. what I should be. Wasn't the best feeling.

So what do you have on order from TM now that you got rid of those old, tainted, misfit clubs?

So what do you have on order from TM now that you got rid of those old, tainted, misfit clubs?

I am interested in as this as well, everyone knows you need to rebound quickly from 12 ugly girls

Ha! The clubs I had were actually pretty great. But I would have had to rebuild them all and figured starting fresh would be easier.

UDI and M3 fw for sure. Thinking about 790's from 6 up and 750, 730 combo pw-7. I'm working on the gapping. Going from 50,55,60 to 54,58 for the wedges. The Hi Toe is a must.

Ping i230 U-4 x100

Ping s159 55 H x100

Vokey LBK s400 

They have the new UDIs when you guys went? If so do they look like the P790s?

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=3]TM M6 9 deg.w/ Tensei Pro White 70TX[/size]
[size=3]TM SIM Ti 15deg w/ Tensei Pro White 80TX[/size]
[size=3]​TM P790 3i w/ Tensei Pro White 90TX[/size]
[size=3]TM P790 4i w/ Nippon 125X[/size]
[size=3]Srixon 765 5-PW w/ Nippon 125X[/size]
[size=3]TM Milled Grind 50deg, 54deg, and 58deg High Toe w/ Nippon 125X[/size]
[size=3]TM Spider X Copper[/size][/font]

Did you guys go to the In-n-out off Palomar Airport Rd? That one has been hit or miss for me.

I finally got out on the course for a quick 18 this morning. I definitely gained distance. The course I played is one that I play pretty often so I have a pretty good idea of where my ball will end up. The courses are super mushy so there wasnt any roll. That being said I was averaging about 10 yards farther than I was expecting. I attribute a lot of that to the great fitting.

I hit mostly from the center up to the high toe. I didnt lose as much yardage as my old driver on mishits. I had a few bad pulls, but i hit pretty close to center mass on those. Of course, they went dead left. Twist Face can't help there. :) Overall I was very happy with the driver. I had 2 balls that should have been in the trees but ended up in the first cut. I really like the sound as well. Not high and tingy. More of healthy thwack. A good sounding driver varies from person to person so YMMV.

Callaway Rogue ST Max - Tensei AV White - 8*
Taylormade M3 HL - MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP - 4-G - Recoil 95 S - 2* upright

Callaway X-JAWS - 52/58*

Odyssey OWorks 2ball  -  34" - 1* loft - 71* lie
Slighter Proto 1 #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*

WITB Link

I finally got out on the course for a quick 18 this morning. I definitely gained distance. The course I played is one that I play pretty often so I have a pretty good idea of where my ball will end up. The courses are super mushy so there wasnt any roll. That being said I was averaging about 10 yards farther than I was expecting. I attribute a lot of that to the great fitting.

I hit mostly from the center up to the high toe. I didnt lose as much yardage as my old driver on mishits. I had a few bad pulls, but i hit pretty close to center mass on those. Of course, they went dead left. Twist Face can't help there. :) Overall I was very happy with the driver. I had 2 balls that should have been in the trees but ended up in the first cut. I really like the sound as well. Not high and tingy. More of healthy thwack. A good sounding driver varies from person to person so YMMV.

So jealous. Snow on the ground here but 50’s this weekend so I’ll hit the range.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

Hey Dewey, very well done with the interview. So glad to have had the opportunity to meet you and theTwistFace “Crew” at the event. I can’t thank Golfwrx, TaylorMade and the guys enough. Just a FANTASTIC experience.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

Dpb5031, Enjoyed listening to your podcast. Curious as to who your daughter’s golf instructor is. If I remember correctly you and your daughter had gone to see Slicefixer.

Yup, still Geoff (Slicefixer)! Too many cooks spoil the soup, so we don't stray. She hasn't seen him in over a year though and could use a tune-up!

USGA Index: ~0

[b]WITB[/b]:
Ping G410 LST 9 degree - Tour AD IZ 6x
Ping G410 LST - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Kasco K2K 33 - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Callaway RazrX Tour 4h - Tour 95 shaft
Ping i200 5-UW (2 flat) - Nippon Modus 105X
Taylormade HiToe 54 (bent to 55 & 2 flat)
Taylormade HiToe 64 (Bent to 62 & 2 flat)
Palmer AP30R putter (circa 1960s)
Taylormade TP5X Ball

Where are the rest of the reviews?

Post #2 has shortcuts to all the recaps and reviews

Driver: TaylorMade Qi10 9*

Fairways: TaylorMade M1 (2017) Aldila Black; Callaway Epic Flash 7 wood

Irons: Cobra KING Forged Tec Irons Steelfiber i110cw

Wedges: Ping Glide 2.0 54*; Callaway JAWS Full Toe 58*

Putter: TaylorMade Spider Tour 

Ball: Srixon Z-Star XV