RECAPS: The TaylorMade #TwistFaceExperience. 7 GolfWRX members visit The Kingdom for an exclusive M3

Dumb Question- Can you pay to go get fit there by the same guys?

yes, I remember Jory told me that you can schedule a fitting @ the Kingdom for around $500, right now you'd probably have to book it a few month prior due to the product launch and west coast swing coming up, from now to April is their peak season.

COBRA LTDx LS 9* 

Taylormade P790 2 Iron
Taylormade P790 3 - 4 Irons 
Taylormade P750 5 - 6 Irons 
Taylormade P730 7 - 9 Irons
ARTISAN GOLF 0318 mallet

ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 45* wedge 

ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 50* wedge
ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 55* wedge

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Justin Rose just posted the following on his Instagram. Weight kit will be available to purchase at a later date.

iry6tI2.png

bGqvzvU.png

35dhi2m.png

Wow. 3 weights forward, 8.5° head, set to 2 clicks above lower and still getting a good 13° launch. Impressive isn't even covering it.

SiM2 Max  9°  Fujikura Ventus 6
TS2  15°  GD Tour AD VR-7

testing 5/7 woods🤔🤷‍♀️
818H2  21°  GD Tour AD IZ-85
0311T  4i / Z745  5-9  Nippon 950GH 
SM7 46F 52F 58D  DG 115
SM7 62M  KBS Tour
putter, KBS CT Tour, Pro Only *
(¬¬)

I asked the tipping question some of us had issues with in the past.

If you ask for 1/2", you'll get 1.5" with drivers. Ask for 1/2" with fw's, you'll end up with 1".

So if you're ordering, be specific and confirm.

Standard tipping is 1" with driver and 1/2" on fairways?

yup, so if you're putting an order in on their website and ask for 1/2", you'll get that in addition to standard.

Callaway AI Smoke TD 9 Mitsubishi Kai'li white 70TX 

Titleist TSI 16.5 Mitsubishi PD 80TX

Titleist TSR 2 24 Fujikura Ventus Black 9x

Ping i230 U-4 x100

Ping s159 55 H x100

Vokey LBK s400 

I have to get from 162 up to 170 .. these guys are all MOVING IT !!!

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 5w 16.9* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Fuji TourSpec 8.2s

Ping Blueprint S 5 - PW Steelfiber 95 & 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

This sounded like a bad idea right from the start.

You WRX guys are way more intimidating than the guys on the wall...

Titleist TSR4 8*  Ventus Black TR 6x
Titleist TSr3 13.5 Ventus Black TR 7x
Mizuno Pro 221 4-pw Modus 125x
Vokey SM9 52.08F 56.08M 60.04T
Scotty Newport Button Back or
Scotty Select 1/500 Newport Black Mist

Any talk of the twist face coming to fws? I know the face really isn't large enough to take advantage of it the same way a driver can but the toe hook in a fw is an issue for me so anything that can help, I'd be open to.

Any talk of the twist face coming to fws? I know the face really isn't large enough to take advantage of it the same way a driver can but the toe hook in a fw is an issue for me so anything that can help, I'd be open to.

What I recall them saying is that it's in testing but they are not certain how effective it will be on a small face. Only time will tell if it hits the market.

It's hidden behind this door:

Craig isn't joking by the way. Behind that door is the real "Vault". That is where their team works on product for 2020+. I saw inside twice while people were going in... Unfortunately, I didn't see anything. :(

Edit: I was told it's actually a vault door too. Not just a facade.

That's where they keep Cerebro

I asked the tipping question some of us had issues with in the past.

If you ask for 1/2", you'll get 1.5" with drivers. Ask for 1/2" with fw's, you'll end up with 1".

So if you're ordering, be specific and confirm.

Standard tipping is 1" with driver and 1/2" on fairways?

yup, so if you're putting an order in on their website and ask for 1/2", you'll get that in addition to standard.

That's what I thought too when I ordered my m1 with standard tipping since that was how I was fit but when I compared it to my untipped hzrdus, the graphics line up and they feel the same. I'm guessing someone installed it untipped instead.

SiM2 Max  9°  Fujikura Ventus 6
TS2  15°  GD Tour AD VR-7

testing 5/7 woods🤔🤷‍♀️
818H2  21°  GD Tour AD IZ-85
0311T  4i / Z745  5-9  Nippon 950GH 
SM7 46F 52F 58D  DG 115
SM7 62M  KBS Tour
putter, KBS CT Tour, Pro Only *
(¬¬)

A couple of questions for the guys that went on the trip:

1. It seems, from reading the posts, that the M4 produced higher ball speeds on average. Was this the case across the board or did the guys that were fit into the M3 440 see an improvement as well?

2. Did anyone fit into the M3 460 and how did that head perform?

3. The new lifestyle bags look dope. How are they functionality wise and are you happy with them compared to your previous bag?

4. Scott, I noticed your signature didn't change. Will the new driver make it into the bag?

1. It seems, from reading the posts, that the M4 produced higher ball speeds on average. Was this the case across the board or did the guys that were fit into the M3 440 see an improvement as well?

3. The new lifestyle bags look dope. How are they functionality wise and are you happy with them compared to your previous bag?

4. Scott, I noticed your signature didn't change. Will the new driver make it into the bag?

1. I could play any one of the models including the 440. Ball speed was 1.5 MPH faster with the M4, but easily could have tweaked the others to achieve that. I went for simplicity and I liked the large and deep face of the M4.

2. See above. I could have been fitted just as well into the M3 460 with its near infinite adjustability.

3. I love the bag. My previous was a Titleist large stand bag. This might be a tad smaller, but has the same basic compartments and functionality.

4. Scott is going to wait to try the 5.5 degree 440 head, 4 weights forward, 125g XX Tour issue shaft w/ xtra rebar to be released from the vault (any day now) before he finalizes his WITB! ?

USGA Index: ~0

[b]WITB[/b]:
Ping G410 LST 9 degree - Tour AD IZ 6x
Ping G410 LST - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Kasco K2K 33 - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Callaway RazrX Tour 4h - Tour 95 shaft
Ping i200 5-UW (2 flat) - Nippon Modus 105X
Taylormade HiToe 54 (bent to 55 & 2 flat)
Taylormade HiToe 64 (Bent to 62 & 2 flat)
Palmer AP30R putter (circa 1960s)
Taylormade TP5X Ball

1. I never hit anything other than the M3 in my fitting, so I'll let others answer this one. But did hit Chris's (beast from TM) on the course and it felt and performed great!

2. See above. :)

3. I just told Jory this morning that the bags are this years sleepers. Early but first impressions are sky high for me. I walk every round and this is the most comfortable bag I've carried. The pockets are phenomenal. And the retro look is very cool. Highly recommend.

4. I've been working so hard to download my thoughts and respond to questions that I didn't even think about the sig yet. Yes, it's going in for sure. Again, this is just the initial phase but when I'm feeling strong and swinging well, I have no doubt this will be an upgrade for me.

Initially I was pretty intimidated by the club built for me. It took me a bit to adjust to the changes. Then I started see how it may hide my flaws. Swinging this driver so many times in such a short period of time was exhausting and I don't exhaust easy. That carried into Friday's round.

But I mentioned earlier about the 1st and 13th holes. I think both would have been doubles with my old set up. Instead I was -1 on those two holes. If it saves one or two holes a round, that's huge. We'll see.

Ping i230 U-4 x100

Ping s159 55 H x100

Vokey LBK s400 

Hey, just wondering...looking at that pic...since Tiger could be an NFL linebacker, do you guys think maybe I could be at least a fullback or something. (and don't reply "or something" ?)

I'm thinking Scott could probably be an NFL tight-end...Oh wait a minute...he already WAS!!! ?

[b]WITB[/b]:
Taylormade TP5X Ball

1. I never hit anything other than the M3 in my fitting, so I'll let others answer this one. But did hit Chris's (beast from TM) on the course and it felt and performed great!

2. See above. :)

3. I just told Jory this morning that the bags are this years sleepers. Early but first impressions are sky high for me. I walk every round and this is the most comfortable bag I've carried. The pockets are phenomenal. And the retro look is very cool. Highly recommend.

4. I've been working so hard to download my thoughts and respond to questions that I didn't even think about the sig yet. Yes, it's going in for sure. Again, this is just the initial phase but when I'm feeling strong and swinging well, I have no doubt this will be an upgrade for me.

Initially I was pretty intimidated by the club built for me. It took me a bit to adjust to the changes. Then I started see how it may hide my flaws. Swinging this driver so many times in such a short period of time was exhausting and I don't exhaust easy. That carried into Friday's round.

But I mentioned earlier about the 1st and 13th holes. I think both would have been doubles with my old set up. Instead I was -1 on those two holes. If it saves one or two holes a round, that's huge. We'll see.

The lifestyle bags are just last year's Flextech bag with a different design on the fabric, correct? I used a Flextech for all of 2017 and it's the best bag I've ever used. The material and construction is great, the pockets are well designed, etc. The lifestyle line should be a huge hit.

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 9.0, Ventus Black 6X, 45.5"

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 4 (16.5), HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 6.5 70g, 42.5"

TaylorMade P790 3 (2021), DG X100 (SSx2)

TaylorMade P7MC Raw 4-PW, DG Mid X100 (SSx1)
TaylorMade MG4 50, 54 - DG S400

Titleist SM9 58T - DG S400
Scotty Cameron Oil Can Newport, 34"
TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

My WITB Post

Hey, just wondering...looking at that pic...since Tiger could be an NFL linebacker, do you guys think maybe I could be at least a fullback or something. (and don't reply "or something" )

I'm thinking Scott could probably be an NFL tight-end...Oh wait a minute...he already WAS!!!

Tiger needs to add about 40 lbs before you can talk about him as an NFL linebacker.

TSR3 TSi3 3 Wood | 915H 18 |  T150 4-PW Vokey SM9  50, 54, 58 |  Ping PLD Anser 2D

btw, if future opportunity rises and it involves west coast weather I'd volunteer to be the media coverage guy with or without the swags!! :coolpics:

COBRA LTDx LS 9* 

Taylormade P790 2 Iron
ARTISAN GOLF 0318 mallet

Hey, just wondering...looking at that pic...since Tiger could be an NFL linebacker, do you guys think maybe I could be at least a fullback or something. (and don't reply "or something" ��)

I'm thinking Scott could probably be an NFL tight-end...Oh wait a minute...he already WAS!!! ��

Tiger needs to add about 40 lbs before you can talk about him as an NFL linebacker.

I've got about 20 I could give him. At least it'd get him halfway there...lol!?

[b]WITB[/b]:
Taylormade TP5X Ball

Hey, just wondering...looking at that pic...since Tiger could be an NFL linebacker, do you guys think maybe I could be at least a fullback or something. (and don't reply "or something" ?)

I'm thinking Scott could probably be an NFL tight-end...Oh wait a minute...he already WAS!!! ?

Really? Didn’t know that. That’s awesome. Where did you play Scott?

Can anyone comment on forgiveness between the M3 fairway and M4 Tour?

from a pure forgiveness perspective M4 Tour/M4 fairway is the winner for me due to the profile of the head. M4 Tour/M4 fairway has a visibly larger footprint and shallower head compare to M3, off the fairway M4 Tour/M4 was much easier to hit. M3 has a smaller footprint and deeper head, probably be better to hit off the tee.

Thank you. If you can also comment, how was the forgiveness between the M4 Tour vs M4? Did you ever use the M2 Tour? For me, the M2 Tour with a little bit more forgiveness and launch would be the perfect 3 wood.

Titleist TS3 10.5 Kuro Kage DC 70 TX
Titleist TS2 3 Wood Evenflow 85
Titleist 818 H2 19* Tensei White
Titleist 718 AP3 KBS S Taper S+ 4 iron
Titleist 718 CB KBS S Taper S+ 5-9
Vokey Hand Ground by the Man himself 46F, 50F, 54K, 60V
Scotty Cameron Toolbox 009

from a pure forgiveness perspective M4 Tour/M4 fairway is the winner for me due to the profile of the head. M4 Tour/M4 fairway has a visibly larger footprint and shallower head compare to M3, off the fairway M4 Tour/M4 was much easier to hit. M3 has a smaller footprint and deeper head, probably be better to hit off the tee.

I tested the M3 and M4 Tour fairway, didn't hit the regular M4 as Jason knew it wouldn't be a good fit for me. I preferred the look of the M3 and I thought the face height was perfect if it is going to be used off the tee and from the fairway. While I was being fit, I didn't notice much of a difference in the footprint between the M4 tour and the M3 to be honest. Forgiveness between the two was comparable. The biggest factor in my fitting was going a little shorter in shaft length. I know that has been a bit of a trend in drivers lately, but I highly recommend trying it in fairway woods as well.

Interesting about your comment on length. I play my M2 Tour at 42.5". So the M3 worked better for you at a shorter length?

Titleist TS3 10.5 Kuro Kage DC 70 TX
Titleist TS2 3 Wood Evenflow 85
Titleist 818 H2 19* Tensei White
Titleist 718 AP3 KBS S Taper S+ 4 iron
Titleist 718 CB KBS S Taper S+ 5-9
Vokey Hand Ground by the Man himself 46F, 50F, 54K, 60V
Scotty Cameron Toolbox 009

Thank you. If you can also comment, how was the forgiveness between the M4 Tour vs M4? Did you ever use the M2 Tour? For me, the M2 Tour with a little bit more forgiveness and launch would be the perfect 3 wood.

don't take my word for it since I've only hit about 3 shots each between M3, M4 and M4 tour fairway, but between M4 and M4 Tour I'd say they are equally easy to hit, M4 has a HIGH trajectory and M4 tour has a MID trajectory.

I'm using the 16' tour issue M1 fairway wood currently because of adjustability, never tried the M2 tour.

COBRA LTDx LS 9* 

Taylormade P790 2 Iron
ARTISAN GOLF 0318 mallet

Did TM ever comment on the naming of the M3/M4 and any connection to BMW? Coincidence or was it planned?

I asked that question to 3 different people during our trip, the answer is NO from all 3 of them.

Some of the reason for the M3/M4 naming:

1.) M1/M2 has so much success it'd be a hard name to live up to.

2.) New technologies (Twist Face, Hammer Head.....).

3.) Marketing purpose, by giving it a new name consumers would more likely to give it a try and purchase.

COBRA LTDx LS 9* 

Taylormade P790 2 Iron
ARTISAN GOLF 0318 mallet

I tested the M3 and M4 Tour fairway, didn't hit the regular M4 as Jason knew it wouldn't be a good fit for me. I preferred the look of the M3 and I thought the face height was perfect if it is going to be used off the tee and from the fairway. While I was being fit, I didn't notice much of a difference in the footprint between the M4 tour and the M3 to be honest. Forgiveness between the two was comparable. The biggest factor in my fitting was going a little shorter in shaft length. I know that has been a bit of a trend in drivers lately, but I highly recommend trying it in fairway woods as well.

Interesting about your comment on length. I play my M2 Tour at 42.5". So the M3 worked better for you at a shorter length?

Yes, and I think that would hold true for any of the fairways. Because the M4s are glued, they weren't going to start cutting down shafts there on the spot so I didn't try that. I can't imagine the M3 3HL being beat for me.

• Taylormade Qi10 core 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6TX
  • Taylormade Tour Issue Stealth Plus+ 3 HL - Ventus Black 8TX
  • Titleist T100 4-PW - DG TI X100
  • Taylormade MG4 50SB, 56HB, 60HBW - DG TI S400
  • Artisan Blue Bonnet 0820 - LAGP TPZ One35 USA

Hey, just wondering...looking at that pic...since Tiger could be an NFL linebacker, do you guys think maybe I could be at least a fullback or something. (and don't reply "or something" )

I'm thinking Scott could probably be an NFL tight-end...Oh wait a minute...he already WAS!!!

Really? Didn't know that. That's awesome. Where did you play Scott?

Signed as a FA by Chicago out of the 1991 draft. Not a lot of other career moves come out of a google search.

Driver: Callaway Paradym 8* (draw, std) - GD ADXC 7x

3 wood: Taylormade SIM 15* - GD ADDI 7x

5 wood: Ping G30 18* - Diamana Blue 83x

Irons: 3-5 Taylormade 2014 TP MC (2* weak);  6-PW Taylormade 2014 TP MB (1* weak) - Project X 6.5

SW: Scratch 54* bent to 53* - Ctaper 130x

LW: Scratch 58* bent to 59* - Ctaper 130x

Putter: Modified Odyssey 7 w/ welded long slant

Did TM ever comment on the naming of the M3/M4 and any connection to BMW? Coincidence or was it planned?

I asked that question to 3 different people during our trip, the answer is NO from all 3 of them.

3.) Marketing purpose, by giving it a new name consumers would more likely to give it a try and purchase.

Makes sense. I don't think they could go back to the M1/M2 well again after already using it twice. If people weren't confused already, a 3rd M1/M2 line surely would have done it.

TaylorMade QI10 9* - Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 8TX

TaylorMade Stealth+ 15* - Fujikura Ventus Red 9TX

NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4i - Fujikura Pro Tour Spec 95X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5 - KBS Tour 130X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 6-PW - DG TI X100

Mizuno T22 Raw 50* S, 55* D | TaylorMade Hi Toe 60* - DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Select Squareback +

Interesting. Obviously your getting the inside scoop but with the names combined with colors I don’t see how it just happened to be so much alike.

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

Really? Didn't know that. That's awesome. Where did you play Scott?

I "played" in the training rooms in Chicago and SF. My body couldn't handle the extra weight I put on to mix it up with the big boys. Broke down fast, starting with the ankles.

Ping i230 U-4 x100

Ping s159 55 H x100

Vokey LBK s400 

Interesting. Obviously your getting the inside scoop but with the names combined with colors I don't see how it just happened to be so much alike.

M2 is also a BMW and there was an M1 once upon a time, but no one said anything about those names and a link to BMW.

The new logos certainly seem to have been inspired in some way by the BMW M series logo, but it's pretty clear that M3 and M4 were just extensions of the existing family names. I don't think there's anything more to it than that.

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 9.0, Ventus Black 6X, 45.5"

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 4 (16.5), HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 6.5 70g, 42.5"

TaylorMade P790 3 (2021), DG X100 (SSx2)

TaylorMade P7MC Raw 4-PW, DG Mid X100 (SSx1)
TaylorMade MG4 50, 54 - DG S400

Titleist SM9 58T - DG S400
Scotty Cameron Oil Can Newport, 34"
TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

My WITB Post