RECAPS: The TaylorMade #TwistFaceExperience. 7 GolfWRX members visit The Kingdom for an exclusive M3

"Wow, trip to the kingdom, as the Hi-Toe hookup! TaylorMade is always hooking players up with great equipment. And Jory is def the best in the business!"

Jory and Ryan are awesome guys and they, along with Hipcheck, made the experience a memorable one. There's a lot of work involved with setting something like this up. They did a great job.

I was eyeing up the Hi Toe immediately after our fitting. When I asked Jory if I could take one over to the chipping area for a second, he grabbed a bunch of them and some balls and set us all up over there for close to an hour. I knew I had to have one after just a few shots. They're really good.

This was a driver fitting but we got to test a lot of other stuff, which made it even cooler.

Well stated Scott. I absolutely agree. I cannot imagine what all went into the event. What I do know is that it was very well done. Hats off to Jory, Ryan and HipCheck. I will remember that experience for a very long time.

I cannot wait to get out on the course in good weather and fill this thread up with on course reviews.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just-in-case you were wondering if the twist face alters your ability to bounce a ball on the face multiple times...

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1580770-recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3m4-driver-fitting/"][size=2]M3 Taylormade Experience[/size][/url]

"Wow, trip to the kingdom, as the Hi-Toe hookup! TaylorMade is always hooking players up with great equipment. And Jory is def the best in the business!"

Jory and Ryan are awesome guys and they, along with Hipcheck, made the experience a memorable one. There's a lot of work involved with setting something like this up. They did a great job.

I was eyeing up the Hi Toe immediately after our fitting. When I asked Jory if I could take one over to the chipping area for a second, he grabbed a bunch of them and some balls and set us all up over there for close to an hour. I knew I had to have one after just a few shots. They're really good.

This was a driver fitting but we got to test a lot of other stuff, which made it even cooler.

It was pretty funny how that chipping green area was completely covered in balls. Perry went over to knock some balls back to us so that we could keep chipping. I stopped chipping because I've been known to blade a chip or two that flies a solid 40 yards. He looks at me and says, "You can go ahead and keep hitting. You're just chipping. I'm a big guy." (Or something to that effect.) Next chip? Bladed it about 2 ft off the ground line drive. It probably went 30 yards before it even hit the ground. I decided that despite Perry's willingness to take his life into his own hands I couldn't live with killing Scott's fitter.

Yeah, I remember and was lining up your fitter with a UDI, just in case retribution was required.

Callaway AI Smoke TD 9 Mitsubishi Kai'li white 70TX 

Titleist TSI 16.5 Mitsubishi PD 80TX

Titleist TSR 2 24 Fujikura Ventus Black 9x

Ping i230 U-4 x100

Ping s159 55 H x100

Vokey LBK s400 

The first part of my order is in!!!

M3 HL - Matrix MFS5 White Tie 60 - Stiff - -0.75" (42.5")

M4 3h - UST ProForce V2h - Regular - -0.50" (40.25")

M4 4h - UST ProForce V2h - Regular - -0.50" (39.75")

M4 4 iron - KuroKage Silver - Stiff - 2* flat

Still waiting on the P790s 4-AW with Modus 105s and the Hi Toe 58.

Depending on weather I'm going to try to get out with these on Friday morning. Fingers crossed the greens arent frozen and the courses are open!

Callaway Rogue ST Max - Tensei AV White - 8*
Taylormade M3 HL - MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP - 4-G - Recoil 95 S - 2* upright

Callaway X-JAWS - 52/58*

Odyssey OWorks 2ball  -  34" - 1* loft - 71* lie
Slighter Proto 1 #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*

WITB Link

The first part of my order is in!!!

M3 HL - Matrix MFS5 White Tie 60 - Stiff - -0.75" (42.5")

M4 3h - UST ProForce V2h - Regular - -0.50" (40.25")

M4 4h - UST ProForce V2h - Regular - -0.50" (39.75")

M4 4 iron - KuroKage Silver - Stiff - 2* flat

Still waiting on the P790s 4-AW with Modus 105s and the Hi Toe 58.

Depending on weather I'm going to try to get out with these on Friday morning. Fingers crossed the greens arent frozen and the courses are open!

They look glorious! Since seeing this and responding i have refreshed my fedex tracking at least 2 times. Friday should be a good day here too

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1580770-recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3m4-driver-fitting/"][size=2]M3 Taylormade Experience[/size][/url]

With that much loft, be careful not to bounce one off your nose lol

Driver: Cobra LTDxLS @ 9º (8.25º) w/ Fujikura Speeder TR 661s

Fairway: Callaway Mavrik 4W @ 16º w/ ProjectX Evenflow Black 70s

Hybrid: Sub70 939x 4H @ 21º w/ ProjectX Black Hybrid 6.0

Irons: Artisan HC 4/5 w/ Steelfiber i95cw Stiff; 6-PW w/ Steelfiber i110cw Stiff

Wedges: Artisan Raw 51º, 56º, 61º w/ Modus 120s (to  be re-shafted with Steelfibers to match irons)

Putter: Artisan 0318 Deep Milled

Thank you TM!

did you sand paper the face?

Thank you TM!

did you sand paper the face?

Lol! No.

It’s the same on the face but when you put it down it sunlight, the face looks lighter. Very cool!

I need to remember to stay aggressive with it. When testing out there ( and seeing the same here ) the ball just sticks like Velcro when it lands. I'm used to a little more roll out. The spin is pretty sick.

Ping i230 U-4 x100

Ping s159 55 H x100

Vokey LBK s400 

Thank you TM!

That's a nice wedge right there!

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

That 64 is sick ! I need one

[color=#ff0000]Teaching out of Crystal Springs Golf Course[/color]<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Teachers In California 2005-2018<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Young Teachers In America 2007-2012<br /><br />[color=#0000ff]Head Men's Golf Coach Notre Dame de Namur [/color][color=#0000FF]University [/color]<br /><br />[color=#DAA520]My WITB[/color]<br /><br /><br /><br />[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/430688-zach-heussers-golf-clubs-putter-collection-and-man-cave-pics/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...-man-cave-pics/[/url]<br />@Zheusser on twitter

That thing looks awesome but i am not sure where i would use it. I just open up my 58*. When and where do you use it most?

I’ve always played a 60 and only used it, for the most part, from bunkers and flop shots. Usually opened up a bit.

When I tested this out west, I found it very easy to use for those shots. It’s was especially impressive from crap lies in the rough. Really great out of the bunkers.

Ping i230 U-4 x100

Ping s159 55 H x100

Vokey LBK s400 

When Jory and I first got over to the chipping area, he dropped a ball in wet rough, stepped on it and said open it way up and take a full swing. The head just glided right under the ball.

I know a 64 isn’t for everyone but it was just easy. I have small, fast greens at my club. And need to dig it out, get it up quick and land soft. That’s exactly what it was doing for me out there. The 60 and 58 were great too but that 64 just worked for me. We’ll see.

Ping i230 U-4 x100

Ping s159 55 H x100

Vokey LBK s400 

When Jory and I first got over to the chipping area, he dropped a ball in wet rough, stepped on it and said open it way up and take a full swing. The head just glided right under the ball.

I know a 64 isn’t for everyone but it was just easy. I have small, fast greens at my club. And need to dig it out, get it up quick and land soft. That’s exactly what it was doing for me out there. The 60 and 58 were great too but that 64 just worked for me. We’ll see.

What do you drop in your bag to carry the 64? Or should i say, what are your gaps?

Mine arrived yesterday afternoon. I can't wait to give it a try:

USGA Index: ~0

[b]WITB[/b]:
Ping G410 LST 9 degree - Tour AD IZ 6x
Ping G410 LST - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Kasco K2K 33 - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Callaway RazrX Tour 4h - Tour 95 shaft
Ping i200 5-UW (2 flat) - Nippon Modus 105X
Taylormade HiToe 54 (bent to 55 & 2 flat)
Taylormade HiToe 64 (Bent to 62 & 2 flat)
Palmer AP30R putter (circa 1960s)
Taylormade TP5X Ball

I know a 64 isn't for everyone but it was just easy. I have small, fast greens at my club. And need to dig it out, get it up quick and land soft. That's exactly what it was doing for me out there. The 60 and 58 were great too but that 64 just worked for me. We'll see.

What do you drop in your bag to carry the 64? Or should i say, what are your gaps?

I don't look at my wedges that way. It's more of a feel thing. Short game is my strength and I keep things simple. I don't hit a lot of full shots in those areas and prefer spin control. I play the high percentage shot to give me a good look at make-able putt and use my 50* or 55* most of the time inside 125.

For me, 60* and up is specialty club but one I use often. Bunker shots, when I short sided myself and those short, touchy ones around the green.

Ping i230 U-4 x100

Ping s159 55 H x100

Vokey LBK s400 

For me, 60* and up is specialty club but one I use often. Bunker shots, when I short sided myself and those short, touchy ones around the green.

For those touchy ones around the green there is a new technique that I tried a few times this morning. It takes some practice to really get it down, but I think you'd be into it. It's called BLADING. :cheesy:

When I see those 64*s that all I can think of. How thin I could hit those things. Either that or maybe just go straight under the ball and have it hit me in the face.

Callaway Rogue ST Max - Tensei AV White - 8*
Taylormade M3 HL - MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP - 4-G - Recoil 95 S - 2* upright

Callaway X-JAWS - 52/58*

Odyssey OWorks 2ball  -  34" - 1* loft - 71* lie
Slighter Proto 1 #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*

WITB Link

For those touchy ones around the green there is a new technique that I tried a few times this morning. It takes some practice to really get it down, but I think you'd be into it. It's called BLADING. :cheesy:

When I see those 64*s that all I can think of. How thin I could hit those things. Either that or maybe just go straight under the ball and have it hit me in the face.

Haha brilliant. I love the meme that was doing the rounds a while ago saying something along the lines of:

"I don't always hit my sand wedge 170 yards but when I do, it's from a greenside bunker..."

Cracks me up every time I see it.

One round with the m3 440, pretty impressed. I’ll keep it in the bag for the next couple of weeks and see if t continues.

Much better dispersion then my epic sz.

Which shaft did you go with?

Ping i230 U-4 x100

Ping s159 55 H x100

Vokey LBK s400 

Played with the hi toe 64 yesterday and also my new M3 460. I was fitted into an M4 on the TM trip, but was really struggling during the fitting to hit my typical ball flight no matter which combo I tried. I ordered the M3 not long after returning so I could compare on a better swing day and on course.

I bent my hi toe 64 2.5 degrees flat and 2 strong to 62. Conditions were cold and wet, with firm compacted & wet bunkers, mushy fairways, and clumpy rough. The Hi Toe was great. (I replaced my Ping Glide 2.0 60 with it.)

The Hi Toe was great out of the firm wet bunkers and I got it up and down several times. I think it will be really good once I learn how to set up and swing it in different sand conditions. It was also ver good green side out of the clumpy rough. I typically play these shots with the face ~30 degrees open to expose the bounce and it worked well. I also played an explosion shot off of some wet muddy rough that came off pretty well.

From the fairway it was a little diggy, but that's not surprising given how wet it was and the fact that this is a very lofted wedge. One thing I really liked was that I could flight it down with spin from the fairway easily. I often have issue with letting the toe roll closed slightly, which will result in the ball releasing instead of checking. The Hi Toe seems to resist this closing action better than other wedges, perhaps because of the weighting of the toe. This is a good thing.

[b]WITB[/b]:
Taylormade TP5X Ball

I spent a few hours indoors today getting numbers on my irons and also checked in with the driver again. I'm swinging a little better/faster than I was during the fitting. I can not wait for it to warm up. It's exciting seeing the consistent numbers and results this driver is giving me.

Ping i230 U-4 x100

Ping s159 55 H x100

Vokey LBK s400 

I spent a few hours indoors today getting numbers on my irons and also checked in with the driver again. I'm swinging a little better/faster than I was during the fitting. I can not wait for it to warm up. It's exciting seeing the consistent numbers and results this driver is giving me.

I really liked the new M3 on course. I want to compare on the practice range head to head with the M4, but the results were very good yesterday! The Epic SZ is out.

[b]WITB[/b]:
Taylormade TP5X Ball

I really liked the new M3 on course. I want to compare on the practice range head to head with the M4, but the results were very good yesterday! The Epic SZ is out.

I think you'll do well with either Dewey but dialing in the M3 may be a little easier imo. It's plenty forgiving, especially with the weights back.

Ping i230 U-4 x100

Ping s159 55 H x100

Vokey LBK s400 

I think you'll do well with either Dewey but dialing in the M3 may be a little easier imo. It's plenty forgiving, especially with the weights back.

M4 was great and very ant-left, but I found it difficult to turn over reliably. Part of it is that it's an 8.5, but the club wants to sit open, which mea M4s I ha 've to grip it in what feels like an unusually strong orientation to make it fly the way I expect. It is very straight though, and no issue with distance. For someone wanting anti-left, the M4 especially in 8.5 might be the ticket. Perhaps that's part of the reason DJ has hasd so much success with it?

So far I've found the M3 to be a little more workable. I can turn it over much easier and fade it just as easy as the M4. It also looks more square to my eye at address as opposed to the M4 which as I've said, likes to sit slightly open at address.

[b]WITB[/b]:
Taylormade TP5X Ball

One round with the m3 440, pretty impressed. I’ll keep it in the bag for the next couple of weeks and see if t continues.

Much better dispersion then my epic sz.

Which shaft did you go with?

Pro orange 70tx 1/2” tipped, exact same set-up as the epic subzero.

Distance is a little shorter with m3 440, but feel like it’s much easier to square the face up.

The conditions weren't great today but the HT was. I love this thing. Did some testing with it on some longer shots, not something I would do with it or my 60 normally but wanted to try it out. I had great control with it inside 60 yards but anything more, I just felt it rolling up the face with weak results.

But man, bunkers, short shots around the green, it's really really good.

The M3 was great again. Had 5 birds on a really cold, windy day. Confidence is high every time I grab the new big stick.

Ping i230 U-4 x100

Ping s159 55 H x100

Vokey LBK s400