Callaway 50% trade enhancement on Rogue

ssfranny

Rushed home from work ready to place my order tonight, but it looks like the offer has been extended through 4/30:

Exclusive Offer: 50% Trade Bonus

Receive a 50% trade bonus towards the purchase of any new Callaway Rogue club(s) when applying coupon code GOROGUE to your shopping cart. Offer expires at 11:59pm CT on 4/30/18.

Eligible Products: Any Rogue Driver, Fairway Wood, Hybrid or Iron Set.

Eligible Trade-In Products: Golf Clubs listed on the current <a data-cke-saved-href="https://media.callawayconnect.com/content/Assets/PriceList/US/titu-rate-card-us.pdf" href="https://media.callawayconnect.com/content/Assets/PriceList/US/titu-rate-card-us.pdf" target="_blank" "="" class="glyphicons new_window_alt" style="box-sizing: border-box; background-color: transparent; color: rgb(6, 82, 253); text-decoration: none;">Trade In! Trade Up! Rate Card.

Trade-In Bonus: 50% Trade-In Bonus over and above the current value of the Trade-In as listed on the current Trade In! Trade Up! Rate Card.

We will issue payment for your trade in clubs within 15 (15) business days of receiving your trade. We will submit payment in the same form you used to make your purchase (i.e. credit card, check).

Please note: Your trade credit is not reflected online or in your confirmation email. Trade-in credit plus 50% Bonus will be issued once we receive and process your trade-in. Limited to $500 trade credit per customer.

I guess this is due to poor sales and they need the bump. Heard from my friend that works at PGASS Rogue sales are less than a 1/4 of what they saw on Epic last year. Conversely, the TM marketing machine has created demand for the new M Series and their sales are about 4 times what they saw in 2017. Its funny but I bet we see these 2 companies trade sales year over year.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

Rushed home from work ready to place my order tonight, but it looks like the offer has been extended through 4/30:

Receive a 50% trade bonus towards the purchase of any new Callaway Rogue club(s) when applying coupon code GOROGUE to your shopping cart. Offer expires at 11:59pm CT on 4/30/18.

Eligible Trade-In Products: Golf Clubs listed on the current <a data-cke-saved-href="https://media.callawayconnect.com/content/Assets/PriceList/US/titu-rate-card-us.pdf" href="https://media.callawayconnect.com/content/Assets/PriceList/US/titu-rate-card-us.pdf" target="_blank" "="" class="glyphicons new_window_alt" style="box-sizing: border-box; background-color: transparent; color: rgb(6, 82, 253); text-decoration: none;">Trade In! Trade Up! Rate Card.

Trade-In Bonus: 50% Trade-In Bonus over and above the current value of the Trade-In as listed on the current Trade In! Trade Up! Rate Card.

We will issue payment for your trade in clubs within 15 (15) business days of receiving your trade. We will submit payment in the same form you used to make your purchase (i.e. credit card, check).

Please note: Your trade credit is not reflected online or in your confirmation email. Trade-in credit plus 50% Bonus will be issued once we receive and process your trade-in. Limited to $500 trade credit per customer.

I guess this is due to poor sales and they need the bump. Heard from my friend that works at PGASS Rogue sales are less than a 1/4 of what they saw on Epic last year. Conversely, the TM marketing machine has created demand for the new M Series and their sales are about 4 times what they saw in 2017. Its funny but I bet we see these 2 companies trade sales year over year.

I

Yeah, the Epic was crazy hyped, but the Rogue just sounds like a repainted Epic, so it's pretty hard for them to tout any massive game improvement by going Rogue. I wish the 50% trade in Bonus worked on Epics...i'd probably snap up an Epic driver if it was. Still might grab a Rogue depending on what I'm unable to sell myself on the BST, especially with the promo being extended.

Does Callaway typically do this promo multiple times throughout the year or any chance of them doing it again? I've got a bunch of old junk I need to unload but I haven't gotten a chance being in Michigan to hit any of the new stuff yet. Once it warms up a bit and I can shake the rust off I definitely want to give the Rogue a shot and could probably get one at a decent price by just getting rid of some wedges and hybrids that are collecting dust.

Does Callaway typically do this promo multiple times throughout the year or any chance of them doing it again? I've got a bunch of old junk I need to unload but I haven't gotten a chance being in Michigan to hit any of the new stuff yet. Once it warms up a bit and I can shake the rust off I definitely want to give the Rogue a shot and could probably get one at a decent price by just getting rid of some wedges and hybrids that are collecting dust.

Well, now you have two more months to decide and wait for the snow to melt? Go to a golf store and demo the Rogue stuff today, tomorrow, over the next two months?

News flash, they aren't going to give them away for free. This deal is as good as it gets. Or, you could buy a cheaper used Epic in two months time.

I play almost all of my golf at the same course, so I realize I tend to observe a sort of self-reinforcing peer pressure result. But the past few weeks those 2017 M2 driver are just showing up in droves. Guys with older Taylormade drivers, guys who used to have Callaway or Titleist drivers, everybody has to have an M2.

It's like when they introduced the M3 and M4 so they knocked the price back to $299 for the M2, guys who five years ago would have laughed in your face if you talked about spending $300 on any one club are just jumping all over this deal. They're saying things like, "Once they mark it down like that I felt like I had to grab one".

Pretty astounding epidemic of marketing-induced mass buying panic. And I've got to say I've seen one Epic and nary a Rogue in any bag at any point in time.

You know what the hell of it is? I think I'm about to get a Taylormade driver of my own real soon now. I fondly remember an R7 Draw (or was it R9 Draw?) that I had for a couple years a decade ago...

Taylormade has had numerous "#1 drivers on Tour" over the years and I've never seen any of these guys go out and buy one. Or if they do, it's two years later when they pick one up for $150 off eBay.

But this "#1 driver on Tour" has them driving directly to Dick's and splashing out $299+tax for them, one after another. It's quite uncanny and "epidemic" is how it seems.

It must be the combination of "#1 driver on Tour" along with seeing the first couple of their buddies get one that pushes it into a mass phenomenon.

They did this last year, and with much more publicity, for Epic products and the CF16 irons. That’s when I got my Epic. February is always slow, so look for it next year.

Current Gamers
TBD 10.5*, Tour AD IZ 5R
ROGUE MAX 3HL, Heavenwood

PING G410  22*, 26* Hybrids 

PXG Gen5 0311P 7-GW, steelfiber 70
CALLAWAY  MD5 - 56*, 60*
Tour Issue Evnroll ER8 Black, 355 g
2021 Maxfli Tour
2021 PROV1

Not sure, but the Rogue I ordered with the Evenflow Blue Stiff is back ordered 1-2 weeks. That a pretty stock offering, only customized option was -1" for me. Maybe that's artificially a way to make it seem like they are selling out, who knows.

Did anyone else notice that the trade in list was updated on 3/1/18? I had a couple Adams DHY clubs I was going to dump (I believe those were 30 bucks each - with bonus 45)...those are no longer listed as being able to trade in.

I didnt really need the Rogue fairway, but it still hurts the ho in me a little bit.

values update each month and with a large inflow of items I would guess they will keep decreasing

Did anyone else notice that the trade in list was updated on 3/1/18? I had a couple Adams DHY clubs I was going to dump (I believe those were 30 bucks each - with bonus 45)...those are no longer listed as being able to trade in.

I didnt really need the Rogue fairway, but it still hurts the ho in me a little bit.

Call them up, they may still take them.

Also, as mentioned, the update the rate cards at the start of each month. If you are ever on the fence about trading something, don't wait until the first of the month. Values will sometimes drop and you can lose out on $.

Well, I stopped into Golf Galaxy this past weekend to get a putter shaft extension, and while I was waiting, used it as an opportunity to hit the new Rogue Draw. It definitely impressed me with the Even Flow stiff. Although this is a great offer through Callaway, I wanted to at least hit it before taking the plunge. Just called Callaway and placed an order the Rogue Draw, 10.5* with Even Flow stiff, -1 inch and D3 SW. Grabbed 4 clubs from the garage, got about $350 in credit, which will cover the entire cost once the 50% bonus is applied. No-brainer IMHO. Thanks OP.

Ping G430 Max 9* Driver, GD Tour AD VR-6 S

Callaway ‘23 Great Big Bertha 3 Wood, GD Tour AD VR-7 S

Callaway Paradym 18* Super Hybrid, Aerotech Steelfiber fc75 Hy f4

Callaway Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrids, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 80 6.0

Mizuno JPX 923 HM Irons 6-GW, MMT 105 S

Taylormade Milled Grind 4 Wedges 54*/11 and 58*/11, MMT 105 TX (ss1x)

Odyssey O-Works #7CH Putter

My trade in credit already posted. Less than a week after they got them. Pretty fast turn around from what I had read from others.

Not mine!!! Damnit!

Driver: 9* Callaway Rogue sub zero w/ hzrdus yellow 6.5
3w: 15* Callaway epic w/ aldila rogue 110 s flex
Hybrid: 19* Mizuno Jpx 900 w/ fujikura s flex
DI:  Adams dhy 21* w/ aldilla green S flex
Irons: Mizuno mp 18 sc 5-pw w/ Nippon modus 3 120x
Wedges: Vokey sm7 raw 50 F, 55 S, 60 M w/ dynamic gold black s400
Putter: Scotty Cameron newport 3 w/ super stroke

• 2 weeks later...
Been going through some clubs I want to trade in and disappointed to see they charge tax on new products now. I know this is something that has been increasing across online retailers, but they don't charge it on used clubs (via callawaypreowned) so kind of makes it an even bigger 'wtf.'

Are you sure CPO does not charge you sales tax now? CPO recently started charging me sales tax (maybe as of the New Year?), and Callaway charged me sales tax when I recently ordered a new Rogue Draw driver directly from them.

Ping G430 Max 9* Driver, GD Tour AD VR-6 S

Callaway ‘23 Great Big Bertha 3 Wood, GD Tour AD VR-7 S

Callaway Paradym 18* Super Hybrid, Aerotech Steelfiber fc75 Hy f4

Callaway Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrids, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 80 6.0

Mizuno JPX 923 HM Irons 6-GW, MMT 105 S

Taylormade Milled Grind 4 Wedges 54*/11 and 58*/11, MMT 105 TX (ss1x)

Odyssey O-Works #7CH Putter

Just made a purchase from CPO yesterday. Definitely charged me tax

TITLEIST TSR 2 w/PX Evenflow Riptide

Titleist TSR2 16.5 w/Tensei Blue

Titleist TSR2 21w/Tensei Blue

Titleist TSR1 5h, 6h 7h w/Kuro Kage Black

Titleist 24 T-100 7-AW, Recoil 95

Titleist SM9 - 54, 60

Scotty Phantom X5, Scotty Squareback

Titleist ProV1, Callaway Chrome Tour

Vessel Player IV Pro

Been going through some clubs I want to trade in and disappointed to see they charge tax on new products now. I know this is something that has been increasing across online retailers, but they don't charge it on used clubs (via callawaypreowned) so kind of makes it an even bigger 'wtf.'

Are you sure CPO does not charge you sales tax now? CPO recently started charging me sales tax (maybe as of the New Year?), and Callaway charged me sales tax when I recently ordered a new Rogue Draw driver directly from them.

Went through the checkout process earlier today and wasn’t charged tax on CPO. I called Callaway CS and the person I spoke to confirmed this. Maybe it’s state-to-state on CPO and every state on new items.