Valspar Discussion Thread

Medic

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's amazing to see how much Tiger owns golf, folks. When he's doing his thing it's like nothing else matters.

And you'd better get used to this because Tiger is 100% back. There is no telling what he'll accomplish this year, and it creates a fascinating dynamic as the new generation of studs tries to hold onto their standing in the game. What a crazy year.

This is over the top even compared to TW 1.0.

Its like a valve blowing up since the TW fans have been simmering for so long and TW unexpectedly turned up the heat so fast.

Plus, theres no other big names out there.

I think it will ease off. It wont be "the Tiger show" at Augusta. Unless he does something stupid like....

Wins by 12 shots and sets a new course record ; )

So Conners is a natural lefty playing righty. As if I needed another reason to root for him.

Both TW and Conners cannot lose today. Whoever comes out on top, future's looks real bright for both em :cool:

WITB:
SDLR White 10* Speeder 6.2x TS
Epic 14* AD TP7, Rogue 17* PX Evenflow Black
R15 3H Rogue Black 85
MP-18 MMC 4 - PW Modus 120x
50* T7, 58* PM-Grind
Ghost Spider Si Slant

It's amazing to see how much Tiger owns golf, folks. When he's doing his thing it's like nothing else matters.

And you'd better get used to this because Tiger is 100% back. There is no telling what he'll accomplish this year, and it creates a fascinating dynamic as the new generation of studs tries to hold onto their standing in the game. What a crazy year.

I know a lot of people are excited (as we should be) but let’s get some perspective. These last 2 weeks are courses that take driver out of his hands and he is forced to hit more irons and 3 woods off the tees potentially masking his weaknesses with the driver. His short game looks good now that he’s back on grass he’s been practicing on forever. Win or lose today he’s played great but what it does for the rest of the year we don’t know. It’s fun to speculate but he no longer owns golf as you say. He just has more celebrity seeking fans then others. Good or bad that’s what it is. It’s a great story if he wins no doubt but just because the same 20 posters flood tiger threads with a play by play of every round he plays doesn’t mean he’s all that matters in golf. Last week proves that. I wish him well as I have been since December but some perspective is always needed. If he doesn’t win it’s not the end of the world. Sam burns beat him at the Honda in the final round 2 weeks ago... anything is possible

I know a lot of people are excited (as we should be) but let’s get some perspective. These last 2 weeks are courses that take driver out of his hands and he is forced to hit more irons and 3 woods off the tees potentially masking his weaknesses with the driver. His short game looks good now that he’s back on grass he’s been practicing on forever. Win or lose today he’s played great but what it does for the rest of the year we don’t know. It’s fun to speculate but he no longer owns golf as you say. He just has more celebrity seeking fans then others. Good or bad that’s what it is. It’s a great story if he wins no doubt but just because the same 20 posters flood tiger threads with a play by play of every round he plays doesn’t mean he’s all that matters in golf. Last week proves that. I wish him well as I have been since December but some perspective is always needed. If he doesn’t win it’s not the end of the world. Sam burns beat him at the Honda in the final round 2 weeks ago... anything is possible

Weakness with the driver? really?

Shhhhh!!! Dont ruin this for us Tiger fans...

Honma TR20 Vizard RED S

Callaway Fusion 3 Wood Recoil S

PXG 6-Gap TT Elevate S

Vokey SM8 50, 54, 58

Scotty Phantom X 5.5

Best thing that has happened to TW in the last decade was getting the blue lights when he was sitting idle in the freeway and arrested. The judge who sent him to detox for pain meds saved his life & maybe his career based on his comeback since that fateful night.

I personally think TW would be the perfect spokesperson for the epidemic of pain meds in America. He could reach many people & save many lives along the way.

Going to be a fun day to watch golf...Love him or hate him he brings the viewers out to the bandwagon.

Thats a really good point. Assuming that it didn't get as bad as that overnight and that it would have continued after that day....he could just as easily have been a dead man. I don't care how many miles you run in combat boots or how many reps you do every morning, everyone needs their liver and lungs to keep working.

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 19* Nippon GOST Prototype Hybrid 10
Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J40 DPC 4i-7i 24*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

Health is a much bigger question and will be a question on every shot he hits for the rest of his career. At one point short game was a huge question when it appeared he had the devastating chip yips. Looks to me like he has one of the best short games on Tour again. That's a huge turnaround by itself.

His iron game is rounding into form as well. Maybe people forgot that he drove it all over the lot with Haney and had an absurd win rate on Tour during that time. Short game, putting, iron game can make up for a lot of misses with the driver. In 2006 he was 139th in driving accuracy and won over 50% of his starts for the season.

Tiger Effect

Will the announcement of the NCAA Basketball Bracket be delayed until he is done?

Will The National's new sponsor be Amazon with a purse of one BILLION dollars?

Does he fly to the west coast to play a mixed doubles tennis match with Serena?

Can Masters scalpers/ house renters/ Waffle Houses raise their prices enough?

Is it wrong to be more excited about watching Tiger practice chip than watching the other players on the course? Asking for a friend...

No. At the Houston Open a few years ago, we got there right when Snedeker and Stricker were on the putting green just before they went to the first tee. Incredible to watch them hole out 30 footers so easily. One after the other. You would think they were putting from 3 feet, not 30 feet.

Tiger Effect

Will the announcement of the NCAA Basketball Bracket be delayed until he is done?

Will The National's new sponsor be Amazon with a purse of one BILLION dollars?

Does he fly to the west coast to play a mixed doubles tennis match with Serena?

Can Masters scalpers/ house renters/ Waffle Houses raise their prices enough?

Breaking (AP)-

KJU gives up nukes for a round with TW.

So Conners is a natural lefty playing righty. As if I needed another reason to root for him.

Shhhhh....I'm rooting for the Canadian too.

Would be great for golf if Tiger stays in contention throughout the entire round but this win would mean alot more for the rookie Conners.

With that said you have to think Rose or Sneds takes it..

Is it wrong to be more excited about watching Tiger practice chip than watching the other players on the course? Asking for a friend...

No. At the Houston Open a few years ago, we got there right when Snedeker and Stricker were on the putting green just before they went to the first tee. Incredible to watch them hole out 30 footers so easily. One after the other. You would think they were putting from 3 feet, not 30 feet.

Yes, alternative viewpoint.

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4