2018 USWO

KBong

The 2 hours of this featured streaming, just shows me how much the Golf Channel actually sucks at covering the LPGA. For once I'm watching LPGA TV coverage and it actually seems professional lol

The Golf Channel is horrible at women's coverage. Judy Rankin is very hard to listen to.

I am GenX.  If you really think I care about what you have to say, I don't.

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given that she is very trim and has gone blonde, I am pulling for Lydia Ko. And yes, I am as shallow as a sixty degree wedge entering the sand of a St Andrews pot bunker...

Callaway 2015 Great Big Bertha 10.5
Callaway Great Big Bertha ll 3W & 5W
Callaway Steelhead lll 9 wood 
Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4/E
Cleveland 588 TA 51* & 56* 
Ray Cook Blue Goose 

Cristie takes 2:15+ to hit her tee shot on the par 3 16th. W.T.F.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

SYR?

No.....I don't consider SYR a dark horse.

BETHANY Lang was a dark horse.

I think dark horses who no one is talking about and 3 players who have played ok in the last couple/few events include:

Nasa

Megan Khang

Carlota.

Because we are in North America...no one here is talking about KLPGA's Lucky 6....I think she's a dark horse to pull it off.

Hye Jin Choi finished 2nd in the 2017 USWO....I consider her a borderline dark horse....some might consider her a bit of a favorite....she hasn't light it up on the KLPGA this year where many had anticipated.

EDIT...just a side note...what I said above is meaningless....why?....current form in golf means NOTHING.

One day you play well....the next day you're ready to quit the game....don't believe me....look in this forum and you'll always have threads where many are ready to quit the game....only to play twice 2 days later on the weekend.

I always like Lee6 and she is tied for the first round lead.

Looking forward to seeing more coverage on her.

All LH :

Driver : TM SLDR430 10.5° Fujikura Speeder 65
3-Wood : Callaway FT 15° Neutral Fujikura FitOn 160
3-Hybrid : Adams XTD Dry Proto 21° Aldila RIP Tour HYB80
4-Hybrid : Adams XTD DHy Proto 24° Aldila RIP Tour HYB80
5-PW : Adams XTD Forged Aldila RIP Tour SLT115
Wedges : Titleist Vokey SM4 52° & 258.08 58° TT Dynamic Gold
Putter : Odyssey White Hot 2-Ball Blade

Cristie takes 2:15+ to hit her tee shot on the par 3 16th. W.T.F.

Classic Crusty trying to slow play Sei Young & Pernilla....Paul Fusco will have a few choice words with Kerr in the parking lot...he might even sucker punch her...lol.......I assume you read the below :taunt:

Did you see on 16....Fusco walked over to Kerr's bag to look into it....Kerr's slow plays and then puts her club back in the bag....Kerr's loop later confirms a 5 iron with 5 fingers.

Kerr then juices her 5 iron and proceeds to 3 jack...what a shame. :lock:

It was hilarious hearing Crusty YELLING at her ball all day.

https://www.golfchannel.com/article/golf-central-blog/golden-dull-rude-caddie-inebriated-florida-mid-am/

I always like Lee6 and she is tied for the first round lead.

Looking forward to seeing more coverage on her.

I'm sure a lot of LPGA pros are praying that Lucky 6 stays on the KLPGA for a while longer. :taunt:

On the USGA stream....did you hear the LOUD Korean fanboy(s) rooting for Hye Jin Choi all afternoon.

They might be some defected Flying Dumbo's now that In Gee has cut her hair. :cheesy:

Will be interesting to see if some of these ladies just above par can squirm back in this. I am guessing a lot will have to do with Ariya. If she shoots in the 60's again tomorrow, could shrink things up to just a handful of players. This is the US Open, and a ton of golf to be played. I want to see this place get dry and fast.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

Lexi is a TRUE WRX'er. :taunt:

Passive brag.

"How does it go that far?....it's a 165 yard 8 iron"

EDIT....Lexi has changed putter...a 'fang' style one now.

If she ever truly figured out her putting situation, she'd be hard to beat.

I want Lexi and Brooke to play together in the new team event against Lydia and Imbee, it would be a great contrast in superb ball striking versus superb putting. Although Lydia and Imbee are average ball strikers and Lexi and Brooke are atrocious putters LOL .......... and that where they advantage would lie IMO

That's harsh. For example, Brooke is in the top quartile of the LPGA in terms of putts per Greens in Regulation while middle of the pack for total putts per round. She is also 5th this year in birdies made. Hard to make birdies if you don't make putts and harsh to say that its "atrocious".

I'd Agee that the putting is not Brooke's strongest part of her game and it seems to me that if she worked with a short game guru / putting coach ... perhaps someone like Dave Stockton or Brad Faxon, she could improve this part of her game to a point that she would win even more!

It's all relative so to speak, I watch many of Brooke's rounds closer than I should lol, I don't have an exact count but Brooke is well into double digits in 3-putts this year, like a crazy amount and multiple times as many as 4 in a round. So when I say it's all relative, sure she's better than many on the LPGA but in the top tier of players which she is one, so she is atrcious "not very good". Like I say I don't know the exact number but in the Top 30 players in the world I bet Brooke is leading in 3-putts by a wide margin this season .

She does make lots of birdies but she also makes lots of bogeys too many IMO. I'm betting if you subtracted her bogeys from the amount of birdies her numbers wouldn't be so impressive. I do agree Brooke could use some pro help from 50 yards around and in including the greens (outside that leave her alone). The good thing I can say about Brooke's putting is it doesn't usually breakdown under pressure like Lexi. With Brooke it's either off or on the whole week.

I'm not very worried about Brooke's putting she'll improve over time, as a fan the only thing I really want each week is Brooke's putting not to cost her strokes, cause most weeks her ball striking will gain her plenty

The 2 hours of this featured streaming, just shows me how much the Golf Channel actually sucks at covering the LPGA. For once I'm watching LPGA TV coverage and it actually seems professional lol

The Golf Channel is horrible at women's coverage. Judy Rankin is very hard to listen to.

I used to love Judy but this year she like listening to my Grandma with her ramblings, sure it's great at Xmas dinner but not what I wanna listen to during coverage of a sporting event lol

I'm not very worried about Brooke's putting she'll improve over time,

I'm not sold on this.

I believe great putters are born....not made.

I still waiting after 49 years of golf to be just an average putter.

A friend use to call me Roberto Duran...."Hands of Stone"

Will Brooke ever be Imbee probably not, Imbee is just sublime week in and week out no matter the surface, that is born. I think players can improve on pace (Brooke's biggest problem right now) get better reading lines and how to putt on the different surfaces at LPGA speeds.

I will agree with you though the great putters are born

Entertaining first round. With greens playing like memory foam mattresses, the birdies were there if one could stay in the fairway. Hopefully the greens will firm up, and speed up. As a viewer, even I was frustrated with the putts coming up short.

Inbee makes it look so easy. Lucy looks like she has to work a little harder, but goodness she seems focused on the course. Ice cream can wait til after the round.

Ack. I knew I should have picked Lucky 6 as a darkhorse. Ji Hyun is also making a great showing for the KLPGA.

Nelly had a great round, but has to be kicking herself for the two dropped shots.

Good start for Hye Jin. Lydia looked solid until her tee shot on the par 5 17th. Ugh. She hit a handful of really excellent pitches.

It looks like the scoring was better in the afternoon, which makes Ariya's round that much better. She could easily get to -10.

I really like Jack's courses, and this one looks great. Can't really do much about the weather, but the USGA appears to have gotten it into playable shape under the circumstances.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

Passive brag.

I want Lexi and Brooke to play together in the new team event against Lydia and Imbee, it would be a great contrast in superb ball striking versus superb putting. Although Lydia and Imbee are average ball strikers and Lexi and Brooke are atrocious putters LOL .......... and that where they advantage would lie IMO

That's harsh. For example, Brooke is in the top quartile of the LPGA in terms of putts per Greens in Regulation while middle of the pack for total putts per round. She is also 5th this year in birdies made. Hard to make birdies if you don't make putts and harsh to say that its "atrocious".

I'd Agee that the putting is not Brooke's strongest part of her game and it seems to me that if she worked with a short game guru / putting coach ... perhaps someone like Dave Stockton or Brad Faxon, she could improve this part of her game to a point that she would win even more!

It's all relative so to speak, I watch many of Brooke's rounds closer than I should lol, I don't have an exact count but Brooke is well into double digits in 3-putts this year, like a crazy amount and multiple times as many as 4 in a round. So when I say it's all relative, sure she's better than many on the LPGA but in the top tier of players which she is one, so she is atrcious "not very good". Like I say I don't know the exact number but in the Top 30 players in the world I bet Brooke is leading in 3-putts by a wide margin this season .

She does make lots of birdies but she also makes lots of bogeys too many IMO. I'm betting if you subtracted her bogeys from the amount of birdies her numbers wouldn't be so impressive. I do agree Brooke could use some pro help from 50 yards around and in including the greens (outside that leave her alone). The good thing I can say about Brooke's putting is it doesn't usually breakdown under pressure like Lexi. With Brooke it's either off or on the whole week.

I'm not very worried about Brooke's putting she'll improve over time, as a fan the only thing I really want each week is Brooke's putting not to cost her strokes, cause most weeks her ball striking will gain her plenty

Well stated. I would concur and especially with your observation about her putting is either on for the week or it is not. She does not "fade" or "crumble" under pressure with her putting anywhere near as much as others do. The other thing with Brooke is that she needs to improve a bit on her sand saves ... she could stand to improve a bit more with her bunker play.

1) With greens playing like memory foam mattresses,

2) Hopefully the greens will firm up, and speed up.

1) lol....never heard that one before

2) Egg Head (Mikey) just needs to flip the "on" switch tonight on the Dyson vacuums underneath the greens to s*ck out all the moisture.

Does Shoal Creek have a "sub air" system for their green complexes?

1) With greens playing like memory foam mattresses,

2) Hopefully the greens will firm up, and speed up.

1) lol....never heard that one before

2) Egg Head (Mikey) just needs to flip the "on" switch tonight on the Dyson vacuums underneath the greens to s*ck out all the moisture.

Does Shoal Creek have a "sub air" system for their green complexes?

Yes

Passive brag.

I'm not a fan of Brooke's putting and chipping. Even when she is successful in these skills she seems to be having a bit of a jab at it. It is not very convincing. And her reads! if she could coax a few more birdie chances into the hole it would help a lot!

Great tournament so far. I loved the live feed on the USGA website. Hye Jin Choi! The way she played reminded me a lot of how she played in Australia. Not necessarily hot or dialed in, but so solid and persistent. I think she'll be around the mark late on Sunday. But this entire season on the LPGA is so even that this tournament is very open, with the possible exception of Ariya's favouritism!

I am a fan of everything Brooke, she just loves to play the game, and is pretty damn good.

I really want her and In Gee to fight back in this.

Good start for Hye-jin, hope she plays well again today.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x