MD/DC/VA Golfers - Twelve Monkeys Mental Divergence

eagle1997

These dreams are trying to tell me something.

Take up tennis.

Cam Champ is DFL right now at +6 and had to make 40 footers on back to back holes to avoid shooting 80. His game from 150 and in seems to still be...lacking. He's averaging 350 off the tee though, which means you have to think he's going to be hitting *a lot* of those shots.

Went with a nice Linksoul pullover - saving $45 was hard to turn down.

RIP TM Stealth2 10.5*  Welcome back OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Ventus Blue Velocore+ 7s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash

oh, tommy.

giphy.gif

Oh - hey guys, its your friendly XHoop24 here....

The roommate was trolling me hard last week about my love for Rory. Sat. afternoon I'm telling her all about the great round Rory played. Her response: Sure, but its Saturday, wait till tomorrow.

Ping G430LST 10.5' - Ventus Blue 6S
Srixon ZX 15' - HZDUS Smoke Blue RDX 6.0
Ping G 3 Hybrid

Ping G 430 4 Hybrid

Srixon ZX5 MK2 5, ZX7 MK2 6-GW - Nippon Modus 105S
Titleist SM9 54' and 58' - S Grind
Cleveland HB Soft 11S

Koepka loves long par 3s...just hacked his second off someone's purse.

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c8ab6772e4e645873c52594

Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Phil was just smart enough to have someone else make the payments for him.

Who the f*** needs to hire anyone to guide them through the college admissions process? Unless it's changed since 1999, don't you provide the information that's required in the application and then wait?

The day the news broke, I was watching real housewives of Beverly Hills (as a man will sometimes find himself), and on that episode, one of the real housewives was moving her daughter into Georgetown. This particular housewife is good friends with Aunt Becky, and Georgetown was one of the schools the Feds named. The daughter presented herself exactly the way you would imagine the daughter of a real housewife would present herself. Isn't Georgetown full of valedictorians?

I didn't realize USC was so highly ranked, because my first thought was "why would someone pay 500k to send their kid to USC?" I get Stanford/UCLA/Berkely, but not USC. But it's gone up in the rankings since I was in school apparently.

I'm only mildly outraged by the scandal. This is just democratizing the college bribe industry. Used to be that you had to have a few million lying around to bribe your kid in to school. Now the plebes with a few hundred grand burning a hole in their pockets can do it. If the trend keeps up, eventually even poor kids will be able to get in to our top universities.

Who the f*** needs to hire anyone to guide them through the college admissions process? Unless it's changed since 1999, don't you provide the information that's required in the application and then wait?

The day the news broke, I was watching real housewives of Beverly Hills (as a man will sometimes find himself), and on that episode, one of the real housewives was moving her daughter into Georgetown. This particular housewife is good friends with Aunt Becky, and Georgetown was one of the schools the Feds named. The daughter presented herself exactly the way you would imagine the daughter of a real housewife would present herself. Isn't Georgetown full of valedictorians?

So you obviously were not paying close attention as Kyle's daughter went to George Washington...come on man.

Ping G430LST 10.5' - Ventus Blue 6S
Srixon ZX 15' - HZDUS Smoke Blue RDX 6.0
Ping G 3 Hybrid

Ping G 430 4 Hybrid

Srixon ZX5 MK2 5, ZX7 MK2 6-GW - Nippon Modus 105S
Titleist SM9 54' and 58' - S Grind
Cleveland HB Soft 11S

So you obviously were not paying close attention as Kyle's daughter went to George Washington...come on man.

nevermind. Although it was still funny.

They went to the Occidental grill and the daughter ordered a fillet "like, really well done".

The Occidental Grill stole its menu from every country club that has, or ever will, exist.

That show makes me turn into a catty b****. I can't watch it.

Also, my wife is out of town and I watched it by myself.

Ok I'm done.

Would be best if Dorit went down in some scheme.

Oh God, I feel dead inside.

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

TSR1 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR1 20°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

JPX 923 Forged  5-P, DG120 X100
RTX6  50, 54, 58 MID (AMT White X100)
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

These dreams are trying to tell me something.

Take up tennis.

Cam Champ is DFL right now at +6 and had to make 40 footers on back to back holes to avoid shooting 80. His game from 150 and in seems to still be...lacking. He's averaging 350 off the tee though, which means you have to think he's going to be hitting *a lot* of those shots.

Went with a nice Linksoul pullover - saving $45 was hard to turn down.

I quit tennis for golf!!

scary you guys watch that show. If my wife turns on any girly reality tv, I leave the room. I’d rather watch tv with my 9 year old daughter. And by the way, aunt Becky is going to jail? Did they try her already? Damn....

The thing I found crazy about the scandal is that Crew was a varsity sport. Probably just my over sheltered UMD education kicking in. Crew was club there. Just like Roller Hockey. It was not special.

Ping Rapture 14 Stiff Saishin (sp)
Ping Rapture 21 vs Proto Stiff
Ping Zing 4-SW Stiff
Ping Eye 2 Plus LW
Ping Cadence B65

scary you guys watch that show. If my wife turns on any girly reality tv, I leave the room. I’d rather watch tv with my 9 year old daughter. And by the way, aunt Becky is going to jail? Did they try her already? Damn....

I see my wife about 3 hours a day on weekdays, so we have a rota of guilty pleasure shows. I just browse Reddit and the forums while she watches.

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

TSR1 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR1 20°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

JPX 923 Forged  5-P, DG120 X100
RTX6  50, 54, 58 MID (AMT White X100)
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

The whole scandal is highly entertaining. I'm not outraged in the least but I enjoy seeing people get caught trying to cheat the system. Also, I didn't realize UCLA was so highly sought after. I kinda knew USC was up there but I didn't realize it was considered elite too.

Maybe it is because I've lived on the east coast my whole life, but I was listening to the NYT The Daily podcast today and the reporter made a comment something along the lines of "...it wasn't just the exclusive schools, but schools like Wake Forest and Texas" (or something's like that...I know Wake was in the comment) and I thought that was odd. Maybe things have changed, but Wake used to be really hard to get in to. Now Texas...can't speak to that but I'm guessing it isn't even in the same ball park as the Yales, Georgetowns, etc.

Taylormade M3 460 - Fujikura Speeder 757 Evo IV
Titleist 917 F2 - Fujikura Speeder 757 Evo IV
Titleist 816 H1 - Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.8 HB
Cobra King Forged Tour - 5-PW - DG 105
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50/54/58 - DG 115
Scotty Cameron Futura 6M

I went to college in California (Berkeley), so I knew UCLA was good (although we did look down on them). The top tier UC schools are really tough to get in to these days.

USC used to be eh (University of Spoiled Children or Second Chances), but they've gamed the system to climb the US News rankings. Washington U in St Louis was another school that did that sort of thing. Nobody ever really though of them way back when, but now they're consistently in the top 25.

working a half day today. exactly two hours before i head out of here. going to fart around at the course. i don't have anything set up but if i end up playing with anyone else i can post the score. i'd really like to get my handicap up while i'm taking the rust off. thanks to MD for losing yesterday and ruining my afternoon plans.

Yesterday was awesome, finally able to get out in shorts and short sleeves. Hit balls for a bit, teed off around 6, rolled up 9 fairway around 715 with enough light to spare.

Hit one really bad wipey fade off the tee but at least it gave me a chance to practice the new drop routine in the fairway. Hit my 4th to 15 feet and barely missed the bogey putt. Had to think about it for a minute as to whether or not I should have hit a second off the tee. But the drop option gives you time to shake off the bad shot and regroup. I like it. I hope I dont have to use it often but it helped in this case.

Spring frogs were so loud on one hole I had to stop and record them - it was almost deafening in one spot. Fairways had actually dried enough that balls werent plugging - not really much roll yet but at least I didnt lose any drives that landed in the center of the fairway. Had been hoping to get out this afternoon if it doesnt rain but may have to settle for the range tomorrow.

Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*