2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

(NO BUY SELL TRADE POSTS) Nike Footwear 2019 (NO POLITICS)

> @GoGoErky said:

> > @Minarets said:

> > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > @PowerFade36 said:

> > > > Um, it's not about the disclaimer or not. It's more about the expectation of a high quality product being produced and distributed by Nike.

> > >

> > > What makes them not high quality? Anyone expecting tin foil to stay in same condition has unreasonable expectations.

> >

> > Probably the fact they used tin foil. Find another way.

>

> It’s a show piece and not really part of the design per se. It looks cool on display and in pics and not meant to be permanent. The fact they tell you it will fall off indicates they didn’t design it to last

I didn’t buy them, but do they tell you that on the box, or on the description on the website? I honestly don’t know, but thought i read some here say it wasn’t on the website but just on/in the box. If that’s the case, shame on Nike. If you knew it from the website, well then that was the risk. I’m sure no one expected them to last forever if that was the case, but I’m sure everyone would expect more than 1 round.

• Like 2

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

> @Minarets said:

> > @GoGoErky said:

> > > @Minarets said:

> > > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > > @PowerFade36 said:

> > > > > Um, it's not about the disclaimer or not. It's more about the expectation of a high quality product being produced and distributed by Nike.

> > > >

> > > > What makes them not high quality? Anyone expecting tin foil to stay in same condition has unreasonable expectations.

> > >

> > > Probably the fact they used tin foil. Find another way.

> >

> > It’s a show piece and not really part of the design per se. It looks cool on display and in pics and not meant to be permanent. The fact they tell you it will fall off indicates they didn’t design it to last

>

> I didn’t buy them, but do they tell you that on the box, or on the description on the website? I honestly don’t know, but thought i read some here say it wasn’t on the website but just on/in the box. If that’s the case, shame on Nike. If you knew it from the website, well then that was the risk. I’m sure no one expected them to last forever if that was the case, but I’m sure everyone would expect more than 1 round.

Agreed. It has nothing to do with the warning. Anyone defending it is just a blind Nike fan. They’re advertising a product with a red shiny sole that isn’t there after one wear. Regardless of their disclaimer that’s false advertising. Either release it with a durable Sole or don’t at all. Pretty simple.

> @averysdad said:

> Dig the kicks Lesmond....but how do you like that putter man?

>

> > @Lesmond said:

> > 3a135hjlrpla.jpeg

> > vl1k7j6zva9v.jpeg

> >

>

>

Thanks. Definitely a great putter. I’ve been a blade guy, and this is pretty much my first mallet putter that I’ve put to use for longer than 2 rounds and I don’t see it leaving the bag any time soon.

The forgiveness and alignment is a big factor for me to keep using it.

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 10.5*
Fairway: TaylorMade M6 15*
Fairway: TaylorMade M2 18*
Irons: Titleist 718 T-MB 4 iron
Irons: Titleist 718 AP2 5-PW
Wedges: Cleveland RTX-Zipcore 50*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 54*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 60*
Putter: TaylorMade Spider X

> @tmac7592 said:

> > @Minarets said:

> > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > @Minarets said:

> > > > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > > > @PowerFade36 said:

> > > > > > Um, it's not about the disclaimer or not. It's more about the expectation of a high quality product being produced and distributed by Nike.

> > > > >

> > > > > What makes them not high quality? Anyone expecting tin foil to stay in same condition has unreasonable expectations.

> > > >

> > > > Probably the fact they used tin foil. Find another way.

> > >

> > > It’s a show piece and not really part of the design per se. It looks cool on display and in pics and not meant to be permanent. The fact they tell you it will fall off indicates they didn’t design it to last

> >

> > I didn’t buy them, but do they tell you that on the box, or on the description on the website? I honestly don’t know, but thought i read some here say it wasn’t on the website but just on/in the box. If that’s the case, shame on Nike. If you knew it from the website, well then that was the risk. I’m sure no one expected them to last forever if that was the case, but I’m sure everyone would expect more than 1 round.

>

> Agreed. It has nothing to do with the warning. Anyone defending it is just a blind Nike fan. They’re advertising a product with a red shiny sole that isn’t there after one wear. Regardless of their disclaimer that’s false advertising. Either release it with a durable Sole or don’t at all. Pretty simple.

Far from a blind Nike fan. I don’t recall the ad but from memory there was no advertisement for the sole.

• Like 1

> @GoGoErky said:

> > @tmac7592 said:

> > > @Minarets said:

> > > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > > @Minarets said:

> > > > > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > > > > @PowerFade36 said:

> > > > > > > Um, it's not about the disclaimer or not. It's more about the expectation of a high quality product being produced and distributed by Nike.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > What makes them not high quality? Anyone expecting tin foil to stay in same condition has unreasonable expectations.

> > > > >

> > > > > Probably the fact they used tin foil. Find another way.

> > > >

> > > > It’s a show piece and not really part of the design per se. It looks cool on display and in pics and not meant to be permanent. The fact they tell you it will fall off indicates they didn’t design it to last

> > >

> > > I didn’t buy them, but do they tell you that on the box, or on the description on the website? I honestly don’t know, but thought i read some here say it wasn’t on the website but just on/in the box. If that’s the case, shame on Nike. If you knew it from the website, well then that was the risk. I’m sure no one expected them to last forever if that was the case, but I’m sure everyone would expect more than 1 round.

> >

> > Agreed. It has nothing to do with the warning. Anyone defending it is just a blind Nike fan. They’re advertising a product with a red shiny sole that isn’t there after one wear. Regardless of their disclaimer that’s false advertising. Either release it with a durable Sole or don’t at all. Pretty simple.

>

> Far from a blind Nike fan. I don’t recall the ad but from memory there was no advertisement for the sole.

I don't think there was either on the site. Sticker on the sole only. This has been the same case with the 4-5 other shoes they have had in the past 2-3 years w/ any type of "chrome" sole. IMO it's a bad design decision.

I have the Roshe's and am debating keeping them, partly because of this... but I also think they look pretty good (better on some models) after the chrome wears off and it's the clear sole.

Titleist TSR3 : Ventus TR Blue 6X
Taylormade Stealth Plus : Ventus Velocore Blue 7X
Taylormade SIM2 Rescue - AD-IZ 85X
Taylormade P770 4-PW : MCA MMT 125X
Taylormade MG 50/54/58 : MCA MMT 125X
Swag Handsome One
Taylormade TP5

Double post since I can’t directly comment on posts. I have to find a workaround it.

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 10.5*
Fairway: TaylorMade M6 15*
Fairway: TaylorMade M2 18*
Irons: Titleist 718 T-MB 4 iron
Irons: Titleist 718 AP2 5-PW
Wedges: Cleveland RTX-Zipcore 50*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 54*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 60*
Putter: TaylorMade Spider X

anyone else having trouble fitting into the Tw fast fit? I was an 11 in the TW71 but the 11 in the fast fit cant get tight enough, the 10.5 is to tight.

Taylormade Sim 2 Graphite design AD GP 6
Titleist TSI3 GD AD DI 7
Titleist 716 CB 3-9 Dynamic gold Tour issue S400
Titleist SM7 Vokey 46.50.54.60 DG TI S400
Scotty Cameron T22 fastback Murdered out

IG _Flagrant

anybody have ideas to soften the am1 heel upper?

I walked 18, and while the shoe itself was comfortable and grip was great, I noticed the upper area of my heel was getting sore. the design causes pressure on my follow through and it presses against the space between my ankle bone and Achilles which then just makes the whole outside ankle area, sore.

> @tmac7592 said:

> > @Minarets said:

> > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > @Minarets said:

> > > > > > @PowerFade36 said:

> > > > > > Um, it's not about the disclaimer or not. It's more about the expectation of a high quality product being produced and distributed by Nike.

> > > > >

> > > > > What makes them not high quality? Anyone expecting tin foil to stay in same condition has unreasonable expectations.

> > > >

> > > > Probably the fact they used tin foil. Find another way.

> > >

> > > It’s a show piece and not really part of the design per se. It looks cool on display and in pics and not meant to be permanent. The fact they tell you it will fall off indicates they didn’t design it to last

> >

> > I didn’t buy them, but do they tell you that on the box, or on the description on the website? I honestly don’t know, but thought i read some here say it wasn’t on the website but just on/in the box. If that’s the case, shame on Nike. If you knew it from the website, well then that was the risk. I’m sure no one expected them to last forever if that was the case, but I’m sure everyone would expect more than 1 round.

>

> Agreed. It has nothing to do with the warning. Anyone defending it is just a blind Nike fan. They’re advertising a product with a red shiny sole that isn’t there after one wear. Regardless of their disclaimer that’s false advertising. Either release it with a durable Sole or don’t at all. Pretty simple.

That red tin foil coming off is half way to making the shoe look 100% better. ;)

• Like 1

> @KMeloney said:

> > @tmac7592 said:

> > > @Minarets said:

> > > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > > @Minarets said:

> > > > > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > > > > @PowerFade36 said:

> > > > > > > Um, it's not about the disclaimer or not. It's more about the expectation of a high quality product being produced and distributed by Nike.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > What makes them not high quality? Anyone expecting tin foil to stay in same condition has unreasonable expectations.

> > > > >

> > > > > Probably the fact they used tin foil. Find another way.

> > > >

> > > > It’s a show piece and not really part of the design per se. It looks cool on display and in pics and not meant to be permanent. The fact they tell you it will fall off indicates they didn’t design it to last

> > >

> > > I didn’t buy them, but do they tell you that on the box, or on the description on the website? I honestly don’t know, but thought i read some here say it wasn’t on the website but just on/in the box. If that’s the case, shame on Nike. If you knew it from the website, well then that was the risk. I’m sure no one expected them to last forever if that was the case, but I’m sure everyone would expect more than 1 round.

> >

> > Agreed. It has nothing to do with the warning. Anyone defending it is just a blind Nike fan. They’re advertising a product with a red shiny sole that isn’t there after one wear. Regardless of their disclaimer that’s false advertising. Either release it with a durable Sole or don’t at all. Pretty simple.

>

> That red tin foil coming off is half way to making the shoe look 100% better. ;)

I would say find another way or release them without a shiny sole. Would they have still sold out is that was a matte or dull red sole? I would venture a guess as to yes. Looked not as good? Probably.

Several bitched about the green sole on Concords. Didn’t slow the sales down.

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

> @Minarets said:

> > @KMeloney said:

> > > @tmac7592 said:

> > > > @Minarets said:

> > > > > > @Minarets said:

> > > > > > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > > > > > @PowerFade36 said:

> > > > > > > > Um, it's not about the disclaimer or not. It's more about the expectation of a high quality product being produced and distributed by Nike.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > What makes them not high quality? Anyone expecting tin foil to stay in same condition has unreasonable expectations.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Probably the fact they used tin foil. Find another way.

> > > > >

> > > > > It’s a show piece and not really part of the design per se. It looks cool on display and in pics and not meant to be permanent. The fact they tell you it will fall off indicates they didn’t design it to last

> > > >

> > > > I didn’t buy them, but do they tell you that on the box, or on the description on the website? I honestly don’t know, but thought i read some here say it wasn’t on the website but just on/in the box. If that’s the case, shame on Nike. If you knew it from the website, well then that was the risk. I’m sure no one expected them to last forever if that was the case, but I’m sure everyone would expect more than 1 round.

> > >

> > > Agreed. It has nothing to do with the warning. Anyone defending it is just a blind Nike fan. They’re advertising a product with a red shiny sole that isn’t there after one wear. Regardless of their disclaimer that’s false advertising. Either release it with a durable Sole or don’t at all. Pretty simple.

> >

> > That red tin foil coming off is half way to making the shoe look 100% better. ;)

>

> I would say find another way or release them without a shiny sole. Would they have still sold out is that was a matte or dull red sole? I would venture a guess as to yes. Looked not as good? Probably.

>

> Several bitched about the green sole on Concords. Didn’t slow the sales down.

My guess is the very large majorly of those who bought them to wear them knew the sole wouldn’t last and Nike confirmed that for them with the note and it isn’t an issue to them. Then there’s the group who read the note from Nike and said ok no biggie and went about playing them. Then there’s the group who didn’t realize how quick they it would come off and are complaining. Nike allows returns so guys who didn’t like the note or the rate of wear could have returned them.

It’s not like Nike advertised a shiny sole but rather used it for marketing purposes.

• Like 1

> @KMeloney said:

> Yeah, to produce a shoe with a foil sole that's going to slough off like that is pretty silly in the first place.

Most people that buy a shoe with a foil sole aren’t going to wear them. They are going to display them or resell them later. Collectors.

BTW, these would have sold out instantly no matter what sole they put on it. The foil sole is only there to make it look cool and to make sure it stays deadstock for resellers/collectors.

> @CardsChamps11 said:

> The AM1's are really squeaky. Make a ton of noise when I walk. It can't just be me because I have multiple pairs and it's like that with all of them. Any ideas to get rid of the squeak?

If it is the insole squeaking pull it out and put some baby powder underneath it, should fix the noise

• Like 1

> @DonRSD said:

> My Jordan 11 come tomorrow. Buddy is a Nike retailer and I got them for retail :) If the red tin foil comes off, so be it. I buy shoes to wear them.

I also bought the shoes to wear them but this is BS. I also bought a new truck to drive but I didn’t pay $60k for the paint to flake off the first time I drive it. Still drives the same but would that matter? Of freakin course it would! All you guys saying “hey I buy them to wear them who cares” or “does it affect how they feel/wear” are crazy.

• Like 1

> @jasonTeI3 said:

> > @DonRSD said:

> > My Jordan 11 come tomorrow. Buddy is a Nike retailer and I got them for retail :) If the red tin foil comes off, so be it. I buy shoes to wear them.

>

> I also bought the shoes to wear them but this is BS. I also bought a new truck to drive but I didn’t pay $60k for the paint to flake off the first time I drive it. Still drives the same but would that matter? Of freakin course it would! All you guys saying “hey I buy them to wear them who cares” or “does it affect how they feel/wear” are crazy.

>

The paint on your vehicle is designed not to flake, if it does that’s an issues. Nike used foil that’s not meant to be permanent so it’s not a problem. If looking for a pretty sole that doesn’t flake the Nike foil isn’t for you.

I definitely see both sides of this.

For those that have seen the foil soles before this isnt a shocker. It is something Nike has done in the past and it's something they will probably do again. The foil looks awesome. We all knew that they foil was going to come off real quick as seen with other releases.

Unfortunately, people that have not seen the foil soles are in for a surprise. It was not in the original description (granted, I doubt that many people would have passed on these if it had been in the description). Yes, there was a sticker that said the foil would wear off, but I'm sure most people don't expect it to wear off after a round or two. It's disappointing to get a highly coveted pair of shoes and then realize that they won't retain their stock look no matter how well you take care of them.

I say we let the people that got the shoes and are disappointed vent. That's what the forum is for. Are they gonna slam Nike? Yup. But who knows, maybe Nike will use a more durable material materials in the future if enough people complain. Would that be so horrible?

Do we all love Nike? (Probably or else we wouldn't be so passionate about this.) But Nike doesn't need us to stick up for them. The shoes sold out immediately and Nike will continue doing what they do.

• Like 1

Callaway Rogue ST Max - Tensei AV White - 8*
Taylormade M3 HL - MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP - 4-G - Recoil 95 S - 2* upright

Callaway X-JAWS - 52/58*

Odyssey OWorks 2ball  -  34" - 1* loft - 71* lie
Slighter Proto 1 #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*

WITB Link

> @GoGoErky said:

> > @jasonTeI3 said:

> > > @DonRSD said:

> > > My Jordan 11 come tomorrow. Buddy is a Nike retailer and I got them for retail :) If the red tin foil comes off, so be it. I buy shoes to wear them.

> >

> > I also bought the shoes to wear them but this is BS. I also bought a new truck to drive but I didn’t pay $60k for the paint to flake off the first time I drive it. Still drives the same but would that matter? Of freakin course it would! All you guys saying “hey I buy them to wear them who cares” or “does it affect how they feel/wear” are crazy.

> >

>

> The paint on your vehicle is designed not to flake, if it does that’s an issues. Nike used foil that’s not meant to be permanent so it’s not a problem. If looking for a pretty sole that doesn’t flake the Nike foil isn’t for you.

Understood but I would bet 95% of the people that bought these shoes had no idea about the soles flaking off. And honestly why would they have even imagined that would happen. I consider myself pretty into shoes and I would never have thought this would have been an issue.

• Like 1

> @jasonTeI3 said:

> > @GoGoErky said:

> > > @jasonTeI3 said:

> > > > @DonRSD said:

> > > > My Jordan 11 come tomorrow. Buddy is a Nike retailer and I got them for retail :) If the red tin foil comes off, so be it. I buy shoes to wear them.

> > >

> > > I also bought the shoes to wear them but this is BS. I also bought a new truck to drive but I didn’t pay $60k for the paint to flake off the first time I drive it. Still drives the same but would that matter? Of freakin course it would! All you guys saying “hey I buy them to wear them who cares” or “does it affect how they feel/wear” are crazy.

> > >

> >

> > The paint on your vehicle is designed not to flake, if it does that’s an issues. Nike used foil that’s not meant to be permanent so it’s not a problem. If looking for a pretty sole that doesn’t flake the Nike foil isn’t for you.

>

> Understood but I would bet 95% of the people that bought these shoes had no idea about the soles flaking off. And honestly why would they have even imagined that would happen. I consider myself pretty into shoes and I would never have thought this would have been an issue.

>

>

I bet the percentage is flipped and if not that high then around 75%

> @jasonTeI3 said:

> > @DonRSD said:

> > My Jordan 11 come tomorrow. Buddy is a Nike retailer and I got them for retail :) If the red tin foil comes off, so be it. I buy shoes to wear them.

>

> I also bought the shoes to wear them but this is BS. I also bought a new truck to drive but I didn’t pay $60k for the paint to flake off the first time I drive it. Still drives the same but would that matter? Of freakin course it would! All you guys saying “hey I buy them to wear them who cares” or “does it affect how they feel/wear” are crazy.

>

If I bought a truck with tin foil instead of paint, I would assume it would flake off.

The only way those shoe’s soles could stay that metallic and shiny looking is if they were actually made out of metal. Then they would be strictly a display shoe.