The 2018 Ryder Cup at Le Golf National (MERGED)

fillwelix

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're really over-doing this opening. It's the Ryder Cup, it doesn't need promoting, especially in this dorky EU manner. How about we just play golf. And what was that girl in the blue lip-synching "it's gonna be alright" for 4 minutes. So painful to watch. It reminded me of a Miss America pageant or something....so cheesy. This is what happens when things are done by "committee". They should find someone who knows how to put on a classy production and let them run the show. This resembled a daytime game show IMO. Please, let's get on to the golf and cut the cr$p. Thank god we don't have to be tortured by the "celebrity Ryder Cup". That one really takes the prize.

Surely Reed is the happiest guy on either team right now!

How cool is that to be going out with Tiger in four-balls.

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

They're really over-doing this opening. It's the Ryder Cup, it doesn't need promoting, especially in this dorky EU manner. How about we just play golf. And what was that girl in the blue lip-synching "it's gonna be alright" for 4 minutes. So painful to watch. It reminded me of a Miss America pageant or something....so cheesy. This is what happens when things are done by "committee". They should find someone who knows how to put on a classy production and let them run the show. This resembled a daytime game show IMO. Please, let's get on to the golf and cut the cr$p. Thank god we don't have to be tortured by the "celebrity Ryder Cup". That one really takes the prize.

How about we have an opening ceremony because it's an important event/fans need to be engaged and it was actually pretty good, all things considered.

Really nothing to whine about.

Pointless nonsense - now back to the pairings . . . . .

Dorky EU manner? What are you talking about? This happens every year.

2 1/2 to 1 1/2 lead to Europe after the morning games. Half in game 1, USA win match 2. 3 & 4 to Europe.

3rd match, the one no one knows who to root for.

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

Holy shat captain america plus the goat ???!?? Unbeatable !

My tongue nearly bit in half with this announcer. Damn rules !

Molinari and Fleetwood have beaten Tiger multiple times this year when paired with him. Reed and Tiger will have to bring their best stuff if they want a reasonable chance to win.

Molinari and Fleetwood have beaten Tiger multiple times this year when paired with him. Reed and Tiger will have to bring their best stuff if they want a reasonable chance to win.

That Tiger wasn't completely in form yet. All the pieces weren't in place.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

Casey and Hatton is an interesting pairing. Interesting to see Bjorn put early faith in them

The Koepka-Finau one could be a touch of genius, and I think Woods and Reed is brilliant.

Of the matches, I think the second one will be a cracker.

No Stenson, right?

Saving him for Rose-Stenson foursomes I'd guess?

Rose, Rory, Rahm (unless meltdown), Fleetwood, Molinari... any or all of those could go 5 matches.

F.T.

That last match should be a cracker. Molinari is a cool customer, and I don't think playing against Tiger and Reed will scare him. Tommy Fleetwood goes into the match 2up already simply for having the best mane on that stage. Possibly the best hair in the Ryder Cup ever.

EEeew! the games a foot. :taunt: I like it.

Srixon ZX5  TT dynamic gold 95  PING G425 FST 43.25"  Tour Edge 721 Tensei blue 65  Mizuno T22 56* 60*  Bobby Grace AMG 6313 35"

Casey and Hatton is an interesting pairing. Interesting to see Bjorn put early faith in them

The Koepka-Finau one could be a touch of genius, and I think Woods and Reed is brilliant.

Of the matches, I think the second one will be a cracker.

No Stenson, right?

Saving him for Rose-Stenson foursomes I'd guess?

Rose, Rory, Rahm (unless meltdown), Fleetwood, Molinari... any or all of those could go 5 matches.

Good point, though weren't Rose and Stenson better as a four ball? Honestly can't remember.

Rose and Rahm is pretty interesting. I'm guessing that Bjorn is hoping Rose can help keep Rahm from blowing up.

• 2:10 a.m. (ET) - Brooks Koepka-Tony Finau v. Justin Rose-Jon Rahm
  • 2:25 a.m. (ET) - Rickie Fowler-Dustin Johnson v. Thorbjorn Olesen-Rory McIlroy
  • 2:40 a.m. (ET) - Jordan Spieth-Justin Thomas v. Paul Casey-Tyrell Hatton
  • 2:55 a.m. (ET) - Patrick Reed-Tiger Woods v. Francesco Molinari-Tommy Fleetwood

That could be a USA sweep

Oh man I LOVE THE RYDER CUP !!!!

Ping G430 10k Blueboard 53x

Ping G400 5w 16.9* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Fuji TourSpec 8.2s

Ping i210 & s55 6 - PW Steelfiber 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

Scotty GoLo

• 2:25 a.m. (ET) - Rickie Fowler-Dustin Johnson v. Thorbjorn Olesen-Rory McIlroy
  • 2:55 a.m. (ET) - Patrick Reed-Tiger Woods v. Francesco Molinari-Tommy Fleetwood

Brilliant pairings. Best case scenario from my perspective.

Hahaha no chance....if tommy and molinari beat Tiger again this year they get to put him above the fireplace as a momento??

I am not a huge fan of Koepka - Finau. Similar demeanor, yes, but I feel like the Koepka - DJ combo is the obvious choice. #1 and #3 in the world who happen to be best friends, how can you not go with that?

Hopefully I can eat these words tomorrow around 6AM EST.

I like golf. A lot.

Soon the real event will start. Too many pre-match matches and celebs kicking about degrade the main event.

It's just golf. Whatever happens before Friday morning, happens before Friday morning.

F.T.

I am not a huge fan of Koepka - Finau. Similar demeanor, yes, but I feel like the Kopka - DJ combo is the obvious choice. #1 and #3 in the world who happen to be best friends, how can you not go with that?

Maybe the goal is to spread their talent across multiple matches instead of having all the eggs in one basket.

I am not a huge fan of Koepka - Finau. Similar demeanor, yes, but I feel like the Koepka - DJ combo is the obvious choice. #1 and #3 in the world who happen to be best friends, how can you not go with that?

I feel ya. Both big hitters, sure...but everyone's talking about how important accuracy is for this course.

Brooks is #158 in driving accuracy on Tour, and Finau is #180.

(Rose is #43 and Rahm is #125)

There's no good in pairing 2 bombers together if they won't find any fairways and have to struggle out of the rough.

Hahaha no chance....if tommy and molinari beat Tiger again this year they get to put him above the fireplace as a momento

Indeed.

And if Brooks and Finau double up dunking their teeballs, they could find themselves playing from behind quickly and often.

And I do really like Molinari and Fleetwood's birdie-machinability. Gonna be fun!

F.T.

Dorky EU manner? What are you talking about? This happens every year.

Exactly! It needs to stop. It's akin to the uniform designs. Leave it to the coaches and the players' wives, and you get a nightmare like the infamous shirts from '99. Give it to Ralph Lauren, and he gets it right....what a surprise! "The Cup" needs an opening ceremony that respects the history and gravity of the event. It doesn't need cheap cheesy promotion like some reality TV show. The fans are already engaged...they don't need to be "pumped up" with anything. I'd rather have the feeling that we're about to witness an historic event that will be talked about 50 years from now...instead of a Super Bowl halftime show. Just my opinion.