2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Obee's Putting Improvement Thread

Obee

On 1/11/2022 at 11:26 AM, D0ch0l1d4y said:

I've started getting the office putting going again this winter - spurred on by a new putter. Got a Mallet with slight toe hang, exactly what I was originally fit for on a SAM lab.

First session went ok...but my elbows started getting a little sore which is not normal for me. Went down the rabbit hole of youtube and re-reading this thread to see if I could figure out why. Led me to trying the claw/pencil/saw grip for a bit, then found this video by David Edel:

I've never heard the description of "the cover golfer". But holy Moses it described me to a T.

Worked more with the claw grip to find something consistently comfortable. I think I'm on the claw train. Going to commit to grooving it this winter and taking it to the course this spring. Should be fun!!!

First time I've seen this video and also had not heard about being a cover golfer, but it fits me to a T as well!

By way of some background, I switched to the claw grip at the end of the 2020 season and stayed with it through 2021. After seeing some initial progress with this approach, I sort of stalled out, with short putts becoming a particular weakness. Towards the end of the season, I tried an Odyssey V-Line armlock putter that I bought a few years ago, liked the way the ball rolled and have been working hard this winter to develop the technique.

In my claw putting, I used a fairly weak left hand grip with my index finger down the grip and left thumb on top. Edel's demonstration of how a cover golfer should make a strong left hand grip was a revelation. After watching it a couple of times, I pulled standard length putter (an Edel "Brick" which I picked up used on eBay a few years ago 😉) out of my stash and went to my PuttOUT mat, using the strong left hand grip and  right hand in the claw position (right elbow flared a bit) as Edel describes....what an improvement! I rolled the ball end over end much better than I had with my previous approach to the claw and every bit as well as with the armlock. 

Also, the overall setup feels much more comfortable to me with the claw following Edel's instructions. Need to pick one and stick with it...decision time. 

Edited by Bob M
clarity
  • Like 1

Clubs: Ping (Driver, 5W, 5H, 6H, 7i-UW), Cleveland (wedges), Odyssey 2-Ball counter balanced

Ball: Maxfli Tour (yellow) or Vice Pro (neon lime); Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope x5

On 1/17/2022 at 6:52 AM, Ty_Webb said:

Hi Obee - have you ever tried putting looking at the hole? Funnily enough I have found that my starting line is better, but my speed, at least on long putts, is worse. So for me it's really good if I'm within about 15 feet, but I struggle from further out than that.

I dabbled with it before going to the claw. don't need it now. One of the best putters at our club does putt that way on every putt, though.

PING G400 Max - Atmos Tour Spec Red - 65s
Titleist TSi2 16.5* 4w - Tensei Blue - 65s

Titleist TSi2 3H (18*), 4H (21*) - Tensei Blue 65s
Adams Idea Tech V4 5H, 6H, 7H ProLaunch Blue 75 HY x-stiff
Titleist AP2 716 8i 37* KBS Tour S; Titleist AP2 716 9i 42* KBS Tour S
Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 46* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 50* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 full-sole 56* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 low-bounce 60* DG s400
PING Sigma 2 Valor 400 Counter-Balanced, 38"

On 1/16/2022 at 10:59 PM, Obee said:

my short game is very streaky right now. And, no, not like my putting. Think Jason Day's method. That's what I aim for. 

He and Stricker were/are recognized as some of the best using this method and it will work very well for more than it won't.

The answer to better golf is work your butt off and learn how to hit it better, farther, and make more putts.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/11/2022 at 8:26 AM, D0ch0l1d4y said:

I've started getting the office putting going again this winter - spurred on by a new putter. Got a Mallet with slight toe hang, exactly what I was originally fit for on a SAM lab.

First session went ok...but my elbows started getting a little sore which is not normal for me. Went down the rabbit hole of youtube and re-reading this thread to see if I could figure out why. Led me to trying the claw/pencil/saw grip for a bit, then found this video by David Edel:

I've never heard the description of "the cover golfer". But holy Moses it described me to a T.

Worked more with the claw grip to find something consistently comfortable. I think I'm on the claw train. Going to commit to grooving it this winter and taking it to the course this spring. Should be fun!!!

Been going down the rabbit hole this winter with these concepts of the “cover golfer”. Makes sense to me now.  Cover trail elbow movement makes it much easier to putt and chip   I been trying too hard to be an “under/side golfer” like in a underhanded throwing action and it’s not suited for putting motion. 

• Like 1

On 1/11/2022 at 8:26 AM, D0ch0l1d4y said:

Been going down the rabbit hole this winter with these concepts of the “cover golfer”. Makes sense to me now.  Cover trail elbow movement makes it much easier to putt and chip   I been trying too hard to be an “under/side golfer” like in a underhanded throwing action and it’s not suited for putting motion. 
All in with the claw. 

• Like 2

This cover golfer concept is brand new to me, but fascinating and at first review seems to fit me also.   I think all do some online viewing and if anybody has any other resources to consider please share. 

FWIW six foot four inch two hundred and five pounds sixty two - year-old six cap with long arms that naturally drop to the cover position.   Below average short game and below average  putter that has been claw for a long time, and recently armlock.  

Edited by J295
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This thread has been the inspiration and motivation I’ve needed to improve my putting.

A bit of background on me. I’m a 10 handicap, decent enough ball striker, and an incredibly woeful putter. I’m very, very lucky to play at Royal Melbourne but the greens are fast, subtle and eat poor putters like me for breakfast (when they’re not being poisoned of course).

I’ve spent months trying to get better. I went left hand low for a few years, but it only made me worse. In the last 6 months I’ve gone back to a traditional set up. At first I couldn’t putt straight or get any speed right. Obee’s full line on the ball and getting a perfect end over and roll has been a revelation for me. Every practice session starts with extensive 4 footers to get the ball rolling pure. My speed was also horrific but I’ve gone to a system of back swings to certain length, to the same length finish in every single putt (think 30 feet backswing finishes just inside my right foot, 20 foot putt less etc).

I’ve started tracking putts with golfstatlab and I’m terrible. 40, 34, 36 so far. I feel like I’m rolling much better but burning edges and lipping out heaps. Is this the precursor to seeing more putts drop? What did you guys go through in your journey when becoming better?

Thanks Obee for starting a thread like this where we can learn/improve/vent/cry.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Titleist 909D3 w/ Diamana Whiteboard 73x
Titleist 906F2 w/ Diamana Bluebored 83x
Mizuno MP-4 3-PW w/ KBS C-Taper x-flex
Scratch Tour Department 52*
Cleveland Reg. 588 56* & 60*
Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2

7 hours ago, JamesFoote said:

This thread has been the inspiration and motivation I’ve needed to improve my putting.

A bit of background on me. I’m a 10 handicap, decent enough ball striker, and an incredibly woeful putter. I’m very, very lucky to play at Royal Melbourne but the greens are fast, subtle and eat poor putters like me for breakfast (when they’re not being poisoned of course).

I’ve spent months trying to get better. I went left hand low for a few years, but it only made me worse. In the last 6 months I’ve gone back to a traditional set up. At first I couldn’t putt straight or get any speed right. Obee’s full line on the ball and getting a perfect end over and roll has been a revelation for me. Every practice session starts with extensive 4 footers to get the ball rolling pure. My speed was also horrific but I’ve gone to a system of back swings to certain length, to the same length finish in every single putt (think 30 feet backswing finishes just inside my right foot, 20 foot putt less etc).

I’ve started tracking putts with golfstatlab and I’m terrible. 40, 34, 36 so far. I feel like I’m rolling much better but burning edges and lipping out heaps. Is this the precursor to seeing more putts drop? What did you guys go through in your journey when becoming better?

Thanks Obee for starting a thread like this where we can learn/improve/vent/cry.

Congrats on getting to play RM. That's amazing and should definitely inspire practice as well!

Most everyone in this thread has thrown up 40 putts before (probably many times, too!). It's an awful feeling. I remember shooting 80 in a club championship a few years ago with that many putts. I just had to laugh. Hey, everyone has weaknesses in their game. The up side is that at least I knew where I needed improvement. 

The good news is that putting is a skill, thus it can be improved. Most people who struggle just don't practice. And unfortunately, they too often look for "quick" fixes like new grips, new putters, etc. You really have to commit to practicing almost every day and accept that the results will slowly come over an extended period. Your touch will get a little better over time. Your alignment will improve. Your confidence will grow. You'll start to really get energized by the idea of walking onto the green after hitting an approach or chip shot.

You're not going to wake up one day and have some putting revelation though. That definitely isn't how it works. 

To answer your last question about how improvement happens--and it may be different for everyone--the most immediate improvements I experienced were in lag putting. Even though I was spending most of my time on short putts, it was lag putting that seemed to get better first. I think I just got a better feel for rolling the ball long distances because I was on the practice green so much more often. It just happened as a matter of course. 

When it comes to making putts inside 8-ft though, it's a mix of setup, stroke and reading break. That just takes a lot of practice and a commitment to your particular setup & putting motion. 

Edited by MelloYello

TSR3 (Dr) (Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-6)
TSR2 (3w / 7w) (Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-7)

zU85 (4-6) (UST Recoil)
Z-Forged (7-P) (Nippon Modus3)

SM6 50.F / 56.F / 60.S
Maltby PTM-5CS

14 hours ago, JamesFoote said:

Putting is so ... interesting.

I used to feel like you on the putting green for a few years before I made my major changes. Since I learned to (mostly) roll the ball end-over-end and fixed my alignment issues by changing to a closed stance, I never feel that way anymore.

If you can roll the ball end over end and make 50 4-footers in a row, You should be able to take that to the course realizing that an eight footer is merely a four footer that you have to hit harder. LOL!

Of course, as you mentioned, reading greens and speed control are also factors that you must consider when improving your putting. Those are very difficult things to teach. I will say this: Good speed control begins with solid, repeatable, center-face contact with the putter. Learn that, and your speed control should improve.

I wish I could be out there on the course with you to help you. Much easier that way!

• Like 3

This thread been helpful and inspiring  I been okay at medium and longer putts but shaky on short ones 

Changed my strategy and been developing a stroke for short putts.  Claw grip at 2 feet then moving out to 4 feet then 6 feet. I’m feel confident now with short putts up to 15 feet.  I think it’s better to establish a putting stroke for short putts then move further  out. Rather then establish a standard putting stroke from long distance  and shorten the length  of stroke for closer putts. 

On 2/22/2022 at 12:52 AM, MelloYello said:

Congrats on getting to play RM. That's amazing and should definitely inspire practice as well!

Most everyone in this thread has thrown up 40 putts before (probably many times, too!). It's an awful feeling. I remember shooting 80 in a club championship a few years ago with that many putts. I just had to laugh. Hey, everyone has weaknesses in their game. The up side is that at least I knew where I needed improvement. 

The good news is that putting is a skill, thus it can be improved. Most people who struggle just don't practice. And unfortunately, they too often look for "quick" fixes like new grips, new putters, etc. You really have to commit to practicing almost every day and accept that the results will slowly come over an extended period. Your touch will get a little better over time. Your alignment will improve. Your confidence will grow. You'll start to really get energized by the idea of walking onto the green after hitting an approach or chip shot.

You're not going to wake up one day and have some putting revelation though. That definitely isn't how it works. 

To answer your last question about how improvement happens--and it may be different for everyone--the most immediate improvements I experienced were in lag putting. Even though I was spending most of my time on short putts, it was lag putting that seemed to get better first. I think I just got a better feel for rolling the ball long distances because I was on the practice green so much more often. It just happened as a matter of course. 

When it comes to making putts inside 8-ft though, it's a mix of setup, stroke and reading break. That just takes a lot of practice and a commitment to your particular setup & putting motion. 

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Lag putting was what was absolutely killing me. I appear to be trending in the right direction with it. Luckily the only way was up for me.

Do you use a system for your green reading? Aimpoint seems to appeal to me. Fairly simple and quick.

On 2/22/2022 at 8:05 AM, Obee said:

Putting is so ... interesting.

I used to feel like you on the putting green for a few years before I made my major changes. Since I learned to (mostly) roll the ball end-over-end and fixed my alignment issues by changing to a closed stance, I never feel that way anymore.

If you can roll the ball end over end and make 50 4-footers in a row, You should be able to take that to the course realizing that an eight footer is merely a four footer that you have to hit harder. LOL!

Of course, as you mentioned, reading greens and speed control are also factors that you must consider when improving your putting. Those are very difficult things to teach. I will say this: Good speed control begins with solid, repeatable, center-face contact with the putter. Learn that, and your speed control should improve.

I wish I could be out there on the course with you to help you. Much easier that way!

Putting especially seems to be a huge mental battle (although the whole game is that way no doubt). But if you’re able to walk on to a green with the mindset that you can hole the putt you’ve got coming up, it goes a long way.

I’ve taken your advice on the 4 footers. But I generally start my putting sessions with them to get the stroke going and then move onto some lag and speed as that was where I was having huge issues. I’ll make a bigger emphasis on holing larger numbers in a row to really build that confidence and get used to seeing it drop.

I assume you’ve got no trips to Melbourne planned any time soon. A putting lesson wouldn’t go astray

• 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, J295 said:

Advanced apologies if I missed this up thread… But Obee can you and others comment on the value of putter fitting/Sam lab?   Thanks 

I have never done a SAM lab fitting, so I have no real comment. I can tell you that I haven't seen/heard of much improvement in people after SAM lab fitting, but I'm sure there are some/many out there who have improved. Curious to hear others' thoughts/experiences...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J295 said:

Advanced apologies if I missed this up thread… But Obee can you and others comment on the value of putter fitting/Sam lab?   Thanks 

I have been on SAM PuttLab 3 or 4 times.  An instructor that I used to go to had one and I did a fitting at Club Champion.  It is interesting and kind of fun but it had no effect on my putting as the data for my stroke looked good.  It did affirm that my club ruler putter alignment calibration method works as I did align the putter head very well at setup when measured on SAM.  

I would say that it is kind of a chicken soup deal.

• Like 1

I think SAM fitting is useful if you want to know what your tendencies are. It is interesting I think also to look at the pros. I think Justin Rose is virtually perfect in every way. Tiger tends to aim it a bit one side and hit it not quite in the middle, but his consistency score is very high indeed. I know who I'd think is the better putter. Putting is mostly about consistency. If you're always 2 degrees out to in and 0.5 degrees open to target then you'll start it on line every time. In an ideal world you'd zero out all your numbers, because it is slightly easier to have good distance control if you are square and straight.

The other thing it can do is show you if you have something in your swing that isn't great. The best example I can think of is ideally you want to be not accelerating at impact. If you are accelerating at impact then you have less margin for error for distance. The SAM will show you that easily. 

• Like 4

Ping G430 LST 9° Diamana white 63x
Ping G410 LST 3 wood Diamana Thump x
Srixon ZX Utility 19 C-taper S+

Srixon ZX7 4-AW C-taper S+

Vokey SM9 54F and 58C

Odyssey Eleven Tour-Lined Slant

On 3/10/2022 at 2:08 PM, Obee said:

I have never done a SAM lab fitting, so I have no real comment. I can tell you that I haven't seen/heard of much improvement in people after SAM lab fitting, but I'm sure there are some/many out there who have improved. Curious to hear others' thoughts/experiences...

My HC dropped from around a 4 to around a 1-1.5 between this thread and fitting on a SAM lab. I was lucky that I was the only one in the store...so it was pretty quiet. Old guy fitter turned off the TV and had me putt...I thought it was odd but the first putt made it obvious why he did. The sound the ball made skidding across the putting surface was real obvious. The lab data showed that my path was slightly out to in, too much loft, and too upright. Essentially I was hitting "high fades" with my putts. My miss was consistently short and right...which tracks. Slightly altering setup, lowering loft from 3.5* to 1.5*, flattening from 72 to 68.5* lie angle got the ball rolling much better - and the skid sound was gone 😄

Then over the winter I changed putting methods to a claw grip and different putter...but I can listen for that skid to make sure I'm on track.

• Like 3

Driver: Callaway Paradym 8* (draw, std) - GD ADXC 7x

3 wood: Taylormade SIM 15* - GD ADDI 7x

5 wood: Ping G30 18* - Diamana Blue 83x

Irons: 3-5 Taylormade 2014 TP MC (2* weak);  6-PW Taylormade 2014 TP MB (1* weak) - Project X 6.5

SW: Scratch 54* bent to 53* - Ctaper 130x

LW: Scratch 58* bent to 59* - Ctaper 130x

Putter: Modified Odyssey 7 w/ welded long slant

On 2/23/2022 at 6:18 PM, JamesFoote said:

Do you use a system for your green reading? Aimpoint seems to appeal to me. Fairly simple and quick.

I watched a video on Aimpoint Express the other day and I'm going to try and see if I can incorporate it a little bit. 

The biggest benefit to A.E. is probably just related to repetition and confidence. It's like using a rangefinder for the first time. You begin to get feedback on every shot in a way you otherwise would not. I think having a consistent process for aiming could lead to some real progress with every read building on the reads that've come before. 

The biggest drawback is that it's all based on your ability to accurately judge slope with your feet / stance. To me, that seems very challenging but I haven't explicitly gotten out there with a digital level the way you're supposed to to calibrate your own sense of balance to 1%, 2%, etc. I'll try that and see how hard it really is. I have low expectations, LOL. 

Secondly, it seems more beneficial as a method on greens that slope uniformly in one direction. The more inconsistent the break is along a putt or the more double- or triple-breaking a putt is, the less I would tend to trust A.E. but that's all suspicion. 

I do like that it forces you to pick a specific spot and it tends to be more break than you'd think (which is a sign it's probably good for Ams). 

Edited by MelloYello

zU85 (4-6) (UST Recoil)

SM6 50.F / 56.F / 60.S
Maltby PTM-5CS

1 hour ago, MelloYello said:

I watched a video on Aimpoint Express the other day and I'm going to try and see if I can incorporate it a little bit. 

The biggest benefit to A.E. is probably just related to repetition and confidence. It's like using a rangefinder for the first time. You begin to get feedback on every shot in a way you otherwise would not. I think having a consistent process for aiming could lead to some real progress with every read building on the reads that've come before. 

The biggest drawback is that it's all based on your ability to accurately judge slope with your feet / stance. To me, that seems very challenging but I haven't explicitly gotten out there with a digital level the way you're supposed to to calibrate your own sense of balance to 1%, 2%, etc. I'll try that and see how hard it really is. I have low expectations, LOL. 

Secondly, it seems more beneficial as a method on greens that slope uniformly in one direction. The more inconsistent the break is along a putt or the more double- or triple-breaking a putt is, the less I would tend to trust A.E. but that's all suspicion. 

I do like that it forces you to pick a specific spot and it tends to be more break than you'd think (which is a sign it's probably good for Ams). 

Green reading is a struggle for me.  I have a friend who could read greens from the first day that he was on a golf course.  He claims that he has made 400 feet of putts in a round.  LOL when we are partners in 4 ball or other kinds of team competition it is a big help to have him read putts for me.  

I have a digital level and I have taken it out on the course a few times.  It is kind of interesting to see that certain putts break the way that they do not because of magic but because the green does actually slope opposite of what it looks like.  It is a PITA though and I did not do much of it.  I tried a little bit to learn to read putts with my feet but did not get very far.  Hopefully you will do better!  LOL I have thought about attaching a level of some sort to my putter which might make it easier to learn something about reading greens while practicing.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Nels55 said:

Green reading is a struggle for me.  I have a friend who could read greens from the first day that he was on a golf course.  He claims that he has made 400 feet of putts in a round.  LOL when we are partners in 4 ball or other kinds of team competition it is a big help to have him read putts for me.  

I have a digital level and I have taken it out on the course a few times.  It is kind of interesting to see that certain putts break the way that they do not because of magic but because the green does actually slope opposite of what it looks like.  It is a PITA though and I did not do much of it.  I tried a little bit to learn to read putts with my feet but did not get very far.  Hopefully you will do better!  LOL I have thought about attaching a level of some sort to my putter which might make it easier to learn something about reading greens while practicing.

Yeah, not to say bad things about stroke analysis, putter fitting, books on psychology and all those other topics that people go on and on about but I think most people who actually manage to improve their putting simply find a way to (1) read the green better and (2) start the ball on a proper line.

If you can do those 2 things, it's not that hard to gain strokes with the putter. And no, it doesn't require a perfect stroke or you finding the absolutely perfect putter. And it certainly isn't going to get fixed with psychological pick-me-ups aimed at separating yourself from your desire to make putts. 

Show me a person who picks the wrong aim points, has a bad sense of where they're aimed, someone who picks general areas instead of specific spots or who is altogether unsure of where to aim entirely and I'll show up a person who's not going to make anything on the greens and whose confidence is going to reduce itself over time. 

And sadly, that's a description of most golfers. 

• Like 3

zU85 (4-6) (UST Recoil)

SM6 50.F / 56.F / 60.S
Maltby PTM-5CS

4 hours ago, MelloYello said:

Yeah, not to say bad things about stroke analysis, putter fitting, books on psychology and all those other topics that people go on and on about but I think most people who actually manage to improve their putting simply find a way to (1) read the green better and (2) start the ball on a proper line.

If you can do those 2 things, it's not that hard to gain strokes with the putter. And no, it doesn't require a perfect stroke or you finding the absolutely perfect putter. And it certainly isn't going to get fixed with psychological pick-me-ups aimed at separating yourself from your desire to make putts. 

Show me a person who picks the wrong aim points, has a bad sense of where they're aimed, someone who picks general areas instead of specific spots or who is altogether unsure of where to aim entirely and I'll show up a person who's not going to make anything on the greens and whose confidence is going to reduce itself over time. 

And sadly, that's a description of most golfers. 

Speed control is equal to reading the green and starting the ball on the right line.  The line varies with speed. 

LOL for me the single most important factor in putting is my mental state.  

2 hours ago, Nels55 said:

Speed control is equal to reading the green and starting the ball on the right line.  The line varies with speed. 

LOL for me the single most important factor in putting is my mental state.  

Mental state/focus/visualization is huge in any endeavor where the target is stationary like bowling, darts, golf shots, putting, etc. It's just that those things are very hard/if not impossible to quantify and they're very individual, so they frequently don't get the attention they deserve in one's golf game.

• Like 1

With the recent birth of my son I haven't been able to practice as much as I'd like, but the little bit I have has been very productive. My putting legitimately is as good as it has ever been right now which says more about how bad it was before. 

• Like 1

G400 Max 9* Ping tour 65r   

G410 17.5* Atmos Blue 7r

G25 23* oban devotion

G400 5-U AWT 2.0

Tour-W 56* AWT

Karsten Craz-e

Black Hoofer C-1 

K Sig

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/13/2022 at 10:12 PM, Obee said:

Mental state/focus/visualization is huge in any endeavor where the target is stationary like bowling, darts, golf shots, putting, etc. It's just that those things are very hard/if not impossible to quantify and they're very individual, so they frequently don't get the attention they deserve in one's golf game.

just bumping to announce I managed 54% from 8 feet in practise the other day (50 from 92, setup in a ring)

if you get the chance Obee, or anyone else, Im curious what you could do, like I say I think Im 'quite good' but I do, for example, play with a current senior pro who I would have to say is 'much better' lol..

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, milesgiles said:

just bumping to announce I managed 54% from 8 feet in practise the other day (50 from 92, setup in a ring)

if you get the chance Obee, or anyone else, Im curious what you could do, like I say I think Im 'quite good' but I do, for example, play with a current senior pro who I would have to say is 'much better' lol..

What is the drill?

Just now, Obee said:

What is the drill?

practise green, I put 5 tees equidistant around the hole, 6 balls from each tee (cup wont take more than 5/6 balls). One circuit is 5*6 so 30 balls, I try to hole 50 in as few attempts as possible. 92 is the best ive done.

Nothing particularly magical but its easy to count up since all you have to know is where you holes the 50th putt from. In that instance, 3 circuits and my second ball on the 4th circuit.. hope that makes sense?

*green is fairly flat, 8-9 stimp, not aiming more than a cup outside on any putt I would say

41 minutes ago, milesgiles said:

practise green, I put 5 tees equidistant around the hole, 6 balls from each tee (cup wont take more than 5/6 balls). One circuit is 5*6 so 30 balls, I try to hole 50 in as few attempts as possible. 92 is the best ive done.

Nothing particularly magical but its easy to count up since all you have to know is where you holes the 50th putt from. In that instance, 3 circuits and my second ball on the 4th circuit.. hope that makes sense?

*green is fairly flat, 8-9 stimp, not aiming more than a cup outside on any putt I would say

So all of them at 8 feet?

3 hours ago, milesgiles said:

Yep, just to make it simple and quick. Let’s me objectively know where my stroke is at

Will try this. Interested to see how I do.