2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Obee's Putting Improvement Thread

Obee

46 minutes ago, Obee said:

Who has a good SGP program I can use? Want to start tracking my putting again. Thanks in advance!!

Your SGP on that round you posted from Santa Ana looks like about 3.2 gained, which is very good indeed. 

I can send you a spreadsheet that does it for you if you like. Shoot me a PM with your email and I'll send it to you.

Ping G430 LST 9° Diamana white 63x
Ping G410 LST 3 wood Diamana Thump x
Srixon ZX Utility 19 C-taper S+

Srixon ZX7 4-AW C-taper S+

Vokey SM9 54F and 58C

Odyssey Eleven Tour-Lined Slant

On 10/26/2021 at 8:37 AM, bortass said:

What's a realistic make percentage from inside 4 feet? A round a few weeks ago I was 12/15 or 80% from this range. 3 of the made short putts were from the three misses, so I had 12 opportunities to make putts inside 4 feet. I know I need more work in this area but what are reasonable expectations for an amateur that doesn't get to practice for hours on end?

I would key into why you miss short ones.... shouldn't be your stroke, misreads happen and crummy greens can be at fault too..... Cause we are dealin with grass so its not pool table reliable.

Practice dead straight short ones on a nice piece of grass to hone your stroke...  Once you're warmed up start makin ones on different parts of the cup on purpose and your skills will develop nicely... then when your playin it'll be more about pickin your spots better then your stroke missin

Can't figure how to like my own posts

Walking off the course yesterday I had a feeling of pure disgust in the pit of my stomach. I had just three jacked a hole from no more than 10 feet away, and the first 2 putts didn't even have a snowballs chance of going in. I was/am sick and tired of being a crappy putter. I have played this game too long and love to play way too much to be struggling on the greens.  I searched the internet for advice and came across this thread.

About my putting: I am a TERRIBLE short putter. I miss most of my putts to the right, and this is a cup out miss.  Not a burn the edge miss. I am talking about putts from 5 feet or less here. This season I've averaged 31-32 putts per round, but that is attributed to my poor ball striking. I think if I was hitting more than 6-7 greens per round my putts would be closer to 35-37. I've always been a decent pitcher/flopper of the ball which has helped me get up and down and save par. I'll have 3-4 taps per round from getting up and down. Reading greens is also a struggle for me. I generally play too little break. The good news is that I am a streaky putter. I will have some days that I can hope lots of putts, so I know I've got the ability to make them.

I am fully onboard with getting my putting in check during the 2021 off season. Thanks for starting this thread, and I will report back on my progress.

Went to the putting green today for about 30 minutes. I simply worked on getting the ball rolling on line faster. I am not worried about pace or aim at this time. I am simply trying to get the putter to hit the ball at a much better clip.    

• Like 1

G400 Max 9* Ping tour 65r   

G410 17.5* Atmos Blue 7r

G25 23* oban devotion

G400 5-U AWT 2.0

Tour-W 56* AWT

Karsten Craz-e

Black Hoofer C-1 

K Sig

Have any of you found that a shorter backstroke yielded better results? I don't know if it was just a one off situation but part way through a round yesterday I changed my stroke. I shortened it and accelerated through the ball more. What I found is the ball tracked better and I started to sink putts in the 9 - 15 foot range.  It could very well be a flash in the pan but figured I'd ask.

On 10/31/2021 at 10:34 PM, HoosierHacker89 said:

Walking off the course yesterday I had a feeling of pure disgust in the pit of my stomach. I had just three jacked a hole from no more than 10 feet away, and the first 2 putts didn't even have a snowballs chance of going in. I was/am sick and tired of being a crappy putter. I have played this game too long and love to play way too much to be struggling on the greens.  I searched the internet for advice and came across this thread.

About my putting: I am a TERRIBLE short putter. I miss most of my putts to the right, and this is a cup out miss.  Not a burn the edge miss. I am talking about putts from 5 feet or less here. This season I've averaged 31-32 putts per round, but that is attributed to my poor ball striking. I think if I was hitting more than 6-7 greens per round my putts would be closer to 35-37. I've always been a decent pitcher/flopper of the ball which has helped me get up and down and save par. I'll have 3-4 taps per round from getting up and down. Reading greens is also a struggle for me. I generally play too little break. The good news is that I am a streaky putter. I will have some days that I can hope lots of putts, so I know I've got the ability to make them.

I am fully onboard with getting my putting in check during the 2021 off season. Thanks for starting this thread, and I will report back on my progress.

Went to the putting green today for about 30 minutes. I simply worked on getting the ball rolling on line faster. I am not worried about pace or aim at this time. I am simply trying to get the putter to hit the ball at a much better clip.    

Most of us have had to hit rock bottom before we are willing to make a REAL change. With your last paragraph I'll say you're starting in the right place. Good luck to you over the winter and hope you can make a real change and it works out for you. 

• Like 2

The answer to better golf is work your butt off and learn how to hit it better, farther, and make more putts.

On 10/1/2021 at 2:24 AM, milesgiles said:

referring to my earlier post (we discussed it a while ago but Ive been away..)

8 foot away, 100 balls around the clock.. how many do you hole?

* I wanted to keep it as simple as possible, I dont see many golfers who are phenomenal at lag putting and can't hole out..

** Takes (at most) 25 mins, I do it in sets of 6 since thats how many will go in the hole at one time

*** Im around 40-45 holed.. Id claim to be above average for my handicap, I think.. (could be wrong..)

Not too bad...

Just to put it into context - compared to the best guys on the planet.

8 FEET

PGA Tour percentage: 52.86%

from golf.com

3 hours ago, eht8266 said:

Not too bad...

Just to put it into context - compared to the best guys on the planet.

8 FEET

PGA Tour percentage: 52.86%

from golf.com

yes I did get over 50% last time I did it, but of course thats on a green and break you pretty much know, with no tournament pressure.

Now winter so may not do it much til next spring. Would like to hear  Obee and others stats, Id say I was a 'good' putter but Ive played with better 

• Like 1

On 12/20/2018 at 2:26 AM, bladehunter said:

Thought I’d pop in guys and gals ......

And say again how much I appreciate the folks who’ve helped me here ( you know who you folks are ). I’ve been quiet here lately , But my putting has been soo good that it’s a complete non issue now. I’m now scaring the hole with nearly every roll. And have zero thought or care to the comeback putt I leave myself. Obee was entirely correct. Being more aggressive not only made more putts. It really left better second putts when I missed.

And I just had a breakthrough with driver ( last piece to the puzzle for me ) and I’m super excited about getting ready for the upcoming season. I’ve shot some good scores with a iffy putter and a driver so bad I couldnt play it some days . Can’t wait to see what I can do with 14 clubs ! Lol

I know this thread is old, and I am reading it in late 2021, but I thought it apropos that I never thought I would read BladeHunter with such a positive report on his putting! Hope it held up!

30 minutes ago, playit said:

I know this thread is old, and I am reading it in late 2021, but I thought it apropos that I never thought I would read BladeHunter with such a positive report on his putting! Hope it held up!

I appreciate the thought.  But.  It’s never all roses in this game.  One step forward and two steps back. I guess. 

the progress kept going all through last winter.  And all this spring.  I dropped 2 shots in scoring average and got to +0.9 as a handicap low and stayed there for 4/5 months.  ….. and then it just seemed to sputter.  

in hindsight I think what happened is everything got better so then my expectations raised.  And I pressed to make putts.  Which caused the backslide.  When it’s happening it’s a slow boil , and thus hard to spot.  Eroding confidence until it’s gone.  

what I finally saw was that even with the improvement I still quantified good putting as “ not 3 putting “.   Stats say that I make nearly  nothing from 5-12 feet.  Then I’ll make some in the 15 feet range. So I’m good up close. Decent from afar and lagging from scoring range.  Lol.    

This all came to a head during a big 3 day event.  I 4 putted from 4 feet , lost all feelings in my hands and lagged my way around the rest of the 2 days left.  I just couldn’t make myself try to make a putt.  This is the same paralyzing thing I had going on before.  

i played two or three more weeks after that event.  Putted the same.  And watched my progress balloon back up.  So I’ve now taken the last month off as far as course time.   Haven’t played in almost 4 weeks. Trying to hit a hard reset.  I’m set to play Saturday morning.  

in that time I’ve studied my stroke ( I have a putting green at home ) with the help of some good eyes.  Found one issue that had crept back in , or all things - due to a misaligned grip i put on in January ……

so. By now you're sorry you asked I’m sure.  And I maybe too. Lol.  I’m currently caught between the ideas that putting is a completely separate game , and attacking it as such …:: vs doing nothing.  Stopping the obsession with making putts and just hoping for the best. Lol. Neither feels profitable.  

attaching screenshot of my stats this year  to date.  Not extremely terrible. But they include a lot of great rounds early on.  The last 4 completion rounds are -4.57 strokes gained putting on average per round.  That’s giving up 20 shots basically over 4 rounds.  

im making a change now that I don’t really want to talk about yet.  But I’ll post results here in a couple months once I figure out the game within the game.  

6C3E62C7-4BEB-4E65-9238-0B517340F7A5.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

On 11/3/2021 at 12:39 PM, bortass said:

Have any of you found that a shorter backstroke yielded better results? I don't know if it was just a one off situation but part way through a round yesterday I changed my stroke. I shortened it and accelerated through the ball more. What I found is the ball tracked better and I started to sink putts in the 9 - 15 foot range.  It could very well be a flash in the pan but figured I'd ask.

On very shot putts, five feet and in yes.  Putts up to 15 feet need more touch than I can get with a pop stroke.

Steve

• Like 2

On 8/2/2021 at 11:04 AM, D0ch0l1d4y said:

@EddieEdwards This Malaska segment on Be Better Golf Vlog helped me immensely with seeing the same line above and behind the ball:

I needed my eyeline to be about an inch inside the ball instead of directly over the ball.

That video changed my putting too!  I used to pull putts like crazy, because I bought into the eyes over the ball concept.  Now I'm more like Justin Leonard standing further away from the ball.  The actual aim line matches what I see.

• Like 1

M4 Driver
4, 7, 9 woods

5, 6 Adams hybrids
7-GW Maltby irons
54 & 58º Wedges
LAB Mezz.1 box stock

I feel that I'm more consistent when I have a larger backstroke and shorter followthrough

I been training to use more of the upper back/shoulder muscles rather than the arm muscles to control distance

so its more of  pendulum  but it doesn t have to equal , the collision on the ball slow the forward follow through

I try to cruise through the ball rather than make any sudden acceleration

For long putts > 15 feet is when I use my arms more and its more of a hit/pop

I heard of just the opposite of my thoughts , hit for shorter putts and swing for longer

Putting is so individual !

19 hours ago, bladehunter said:

I appreciate the thought.  But.  It’s never all roses in this game.  One step forward and two steps back. I guess. 

the progress kept going all through last winter.  And all this spring.  I dropped 2 shots in scoring average and got to +0.9 as a handicap low and stayed there for 4/5 months.  ….. and then it just seemed to sputter.  

in hindsight I think what happened is everything got better so then my expectations raised.  And I pressed to make putts.  Which caused the backslide.  When it’s happening it’s a slow boil , and thus hard to spot.  Eroding confidence until it’s gone.  

what I finally saw was that even with the improvement I still quantified good putting as “ not 3 putting “.   Stats say that I make nearly  nothing from 5-12 feet.  Then I’ll make some in the 15 feet range. So I’m good up close. Decent from afar and lagging from scoring range.  Lol.    

This all came to a head during a big 3 day event.  I 4 putted from 4 feet , lost all feelings in my hands and lagged my way around the rest of the 2 days left.  I just couldn’t make myself try to make a putt.  This is the same paralyzing thing I had going on before.  

i played two or three more weeks after that event.  Putted the same.  And watched my progress balloon back up.  So I’ve now taken the last month off as far as course time.   Haven’t played in almost 4 weeks. Trying to hit a hard reset.  I’m set to play Saturday morning.  

in that time I’ve studied my stroke ( I have a putting green at home ) with the help of some good eyes.  Found one issue that had crept back in , or all things - due to a misaligned grip i put on in January ……

so. By now you're sorry you asked I’m sure.  And I maybe too. Lol.  I’m currently caught between the ideas that putting is a completely separate game , and attacking it as such …:: vs doing nothing.  Stopping the obsession with making putts and just hoping for the best. Lol. Neither feels profitable.  

attaching screenshot of my stats this year  to date.  Not extremely terrible. But they include a lot of great rounds early on.  The last 4 completion rounds are -4.57 strokes gained putting on average per round.  That’s giving up 20 shots basically over 4 rounds.  

im making a change now that I don’t really want to talk about yet.  But I’ll post results here in a couple months once I figure out the game within the game.  

6C3E62C7-4BEB-4E65-9238-0B517340F7A5.png

Putting IS a separate game. And it's both challenging and fun. 🙂

• Like 1

PING G400 Max - Atmos Tour Spec Red - 65s
Titleist TSi2 16.5* 4w - Tensei Blue - 65s

Titleist TSi2 3H (18*), 4H (21*) - Tensei Blue 65s
Adams Idea Tech V4 5H, 6H, 7H ProLaunch Blue 75 HY x-stiff
Titleist AP2 716 8i 37* KBS Tour S; Titleist AP2 716 9i 42* KBS Tour S
Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 46* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 50* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 full-sole 56* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 low-bounce 60* DG s400
PING Sigma 2 Valor 400 Counter-Balanced, 38"

14 hours ago, Snowman9000 said:

That video changed my putting too!  I used to pull putts like crazy, because I bought into the eyes over the ball concept.  Now I'm more like Justin Leonard standing further away from the ball.  The actual aim line matches what I see.

One of the best ever. 

Trying out the claw for past few week on the practice green. Feels really weird at first started out at 3 feet and moved back to 10 feet and getting more proficient. I don’t think I can putt any longer length putts with that grip. I thinking I might continue with crosshanded for longer putts and try claw for shorter putts 

On 10/31/2021 at 8:34 PM, HoosierHacker89 said:

Please keep us updated. And feel free to reach out to me via PM.

On 11/10/2021 at 8:26 AM, Haroputt said:

Trying out the claw for past few week on the practice green. Feels really weird at first started out at 3 feet and moved back to 10 feet and getting more proficient. I don’t think I can putt any longer length putts with that grip. I thinking I might continue with crosshanded for longer putts and try claw for shorter putts 

Yes you can. 🙂

My putting really took off when I fully and completely committed to the claw on all putts of all lengths. If I can hit a 100 foot putt with the claw, so can you. 

The key is in what the claw does for your putting stroke: If done properly, it makes you hit the ball with your trunk/torso/chest/arm "triangle," and not with your wrists/forearms, etc.

Once you realize that therein lies the key to more consistent putting, you will start to be able to putt very long putts with the claw. The key is in learning to control distance with your stroke length and not with more "hit."

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Obee said:

Yes you can. 🙂

My putting really took off when I fully and completely committed to the claw on all putts of all lengths. If I can hit a 100 foot putt with the claw, so can you. 

The key is in what the claw does for your putting stroke: If done properly, it makes you hit the ball with your trunk/torso/chest/arm "triangle," and not with your wrists/forearms, etc.

Once you realize that therein lies the key to more consistent putting, you will start to be able to putt very long putts with the claw. The key is in learning to control distance with your stroke length and not with more "hit."

My backstroke can only go so far  like just past my back foot and that backstroke length generates approx 35-40 feet at most   
I feel like I have to “hit” to get more distance 

Maybe a closed stance might “free up “my backstroke so I can take it back further for those 100 footers ( you must play courses with  giant greens) Lol 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2021 at 7:56 AM, Obee said:

Yes you can. 🙂

I’m happy to report I m able to claw smoothly up to 35 feet   I had a mental block at 10 feet  After some trial and error and learning to use backstroke length rather “hit” am I more confident   I feel I may be able to try that stroke on the course next 

what putter are you using ? 
I’m finding a flow neck odessay 9 works well for this type of stroke.

Edited by Haroputt

I have always been a decent putter but recently 2 changes have really helped. The first is busting the myth of having to accelerate through putts, it sounds strange but you don’t need to do this. The other has been using my string line 

re-round to get my feel for line and pace, i have been hitting a fast left to right slider. Stay there until i get the feel right.  Just 1 three putt in 72 holes of our club champs. 

I’m going to share this because I truly believe In sharing info that may help others.  Even if it’s simplistic and seems obvious to some.  It won’t be to all. 

i recently ( this late summer ) backslid quite a bit. And finished the season with a tournament round where my strokes gained putting stat for the day was -9.47  ( not a typo ).   Complete headcase.  -3.11 for the season.  After spending the first 3 months + 1 ish.  My issue is always mostly speed.  But there was more.   

fast forward a few weeks and I was fortunate enough to be able to be examined by and work with a great teacher . I’ll try to spare you the novella.  And  just give the fix.  

5 foot clock drill.  Or it at home. 5 foot straight putt drill.  The goal.  Make 21 in a row.  Average time for first timer to complete this 1 hour 45 min.  He wanted 10 hours a week on this.  Regardless of completion.  Even if it was 15 min at a time.  This is hard.  Much harder than it sounds.  It took me 2 days to complete it the first time.  Or around 4 hours.  I’d get around 14 or so and then loose concentration.   That’s the hidden point.  Concentration.  This is the reason for speed issues.  And it’s proven to be correct.   4 weeks or so in I’m up to 32 in a row as a high.  But it’s still hard to get over 20 often.  I’m doing it on the clock 3 putts at each station at a time.  try it. I’m promise you it’s not half as easy as you think it is.  But it translates to the course like a magic pill.  On that note.  I just digested my last 3 rounds.  I’m +2.42 overall for the 3 and was + 3.09 yesterday.  I’m one putting more than I ever have.  But.  There’s a part 2 to this fix.  I’ll post a separate post for it so it’s not hidden at the end of this one……..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Part 2 … parallax 

I’ve always known that I was extremely left eye dominant As a righty.  This causes me to be blind standing over a putt. As in I can’t see down the line properly like I can if I stand to putt lefty.  The aim is distorted. What I see isn’t reality.    

The example I’ll give is shooting a rifle.  You get behind  the sight  and you close your left eye ( as a righty ) normally to sight with the right eye.  Well I can’t do that. I have to cheat over and close my right to sight down the line with my left. I learned that as a kid and am a good shot.  Same idea on a putt.  Except you’re standing sideways.  It’s a weird situation.  

so anyway.  First we went through the putt with a line on the ball test , I failed. I can roll it true no problem. I knew I would. I just hate that line.  It never looks right and it distracts me. Hurt speed and concentration.  I want to see nothing but clean ball on top.

So then he suggests me to close my weak eye ( right ). Holy crow.  I can see !  For a month I’ve lined up putts and putted with my right eye closed.  I can’t tell you how much difference this made. two things it has done. My head no longer tries to follow the putter head back as my right eye would catch it moving and fixate.  And I’m no longer so fidgety placing the putter behind the ball.  I used to have issues touching the ball the distortion was so bad . As in I’d set the putter down and bump the ball ever so slightly.  Not causing it to move. Just wobble. This is gone. What I’m seeing with left eye is reality.  

i post that for no other reason than maybe someone who suffers from the same will get use of it.  

130B91BB-4DC4-40B3-898E-6B2037621374.png

• Like 2

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Since adopting this approach;

www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-z799vvwEA&t=431s

I have reduced putts to the point where 4 of the last 6 rounds were below 30 putts and the other 2 just above.

Apologies not sure how to attach the video rather than a link.

Edited by Millbrook

All comments are made from the point of
view of my learning and not a claim
to expertise.

On 11/12/2021 at 10:56 AM, Obee said:

Yes you can. 🙂

I agree on the claw grip--- I have been using it for darn near 3 years now-- And I agree with you 110% on using it for all length putts. The main thing for me was going from an arc stroke which I have used most of my life to SBST with the claw. When I putted arc style I used the right hand to rotate the face closed and through the ball. As I aged I discovered my hands did not work as they used to so I basically went to the claw grip and SBST for consistancy. All this happened before my accident in 2020. And throughout my rehab etc I had found out the one consistant thing was my putting. Glad I switched before the accident

• Like 2

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

3 hours ago, bladehunter said:

Part 2 … parallax 

I’ve always known that I was extremely left eye dominant As a righty.  This causes me to be blind standing over a putt. As in I can’t see down the line properly like I can if I stand to putt lefty.  The aim is distorted. What I see isn’t reality.    

The example I’ll give is shooting a rifle.  You get behind  the sight  and you close your left eye ( as a righty ) normally to sight with the right eye.  Well I can’t do that. I have to cheat over and close my right to sight down the line with my left. I learned that as a kid and am a good shot.  Same idea on a putt.  Except you’re standing sideways.  It’s a weird situation.  

so anyway.  First we went through the putt with a line on the ball test , I failed. I can roll it true no problem. I knew I would. I just hate that line.  It never looks right and it distracts me. Hurt speed and concentration.  I want to see nothing but clean ball on top.

So then he suggests me to close my weak eye ( right ). Holy crow.  I can see !  For a month I’ve lined up putts and putted with my right eye closed.  I can’t tell you how much difference this made. two things it has done. My head no longer tries to follow the putter head back as my right eye would catch it moving and fixate.  And I’m no longer so fidgety placing the putter behind the ball.  I used to have issues touching the ball the distortion was so bad . As in I’d set the putter down and bump the ball ever so slightly.  Not causing it to move. Just wobble. This is gone. What I’m seeing with left eye is reality.  

i post that for no other reason than maybe someone who suffers from the same will get use of it.  

130B91BB-4DC4-40B3-898E-6B2037621374.png

I am right handed and have always been left eye dominant--- Learned that on my first eye exam for my Chauffer license way back in 78. And like you I close my right eye shooting. Some preach against that but it was good enough to qualify expert in the Navy on both rifle and pistol which is highly unusable in the Navy except of course for SEALS. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Millbrook said:

Since adopting this approach;

www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-z799vvwEA&t=431s

I have reduced putts to the point where 4 of the last 6 rounds were below 30 putts and the other 2 just above.

Apologies not sure how to attach the video rather than a link.

YES!!!

On 11/28/2021 at 12:38 AM, DJ Aus said:

I have always been a decent putter but recently 2 changes have really helped. The first is busting the myth of having to accelerate through putts, it sounds strange but you don’t need to do this. The other has been using my string line 

re-round to get my feel for line and pace, i have been hitting a fast left to right slider. Stay there until i get the feel right.  Just 1 three putt in 72 holes of our club champs. 

That's what I'm talkin' about!!! 🙂

On 11/28/2021 at 12:27 PM, BIG STU said:

I am right handed and have always been left eye dominant--- Learned that on my first eye exam for my Chauffer license way back in 78. And like you I close my right eye shooting. Some preach against that but it was good enough to qualify expert in the Navy on both rifle and pistol which is highly unusable in the Navy except of course for SEALS. 

I think I've posted this link on this thread a while back, but this is exactly what Mike Malasaka is walking through in the Be Better Golf video below:

Changed my putting. Dropped average putts per round by 5 and handicap dropped from mid 4 to mid 1s.

*edit - right handed - left eye dominant. Pretty sure I was born a natural lefty.

Edited by D0ch0l1d4y
  • Like 1

Driver: Callaway Paradym 8* (draw, std) - GD ADXC 7x

3 wood: Taylormade SIM 15* - GD ADDI 7x

5 wood: Ping G30 18* - Diamana Blue 83x

Irons: 3-5 Taylormade 2014 TP MC (2* weak);  6-PW Taylormade 2014 TP MB (1* weak) - Project X 6.5

SW: Scratch 54* bent to 53* - Ctaper 130x

LW: Scratch 58* bent to 59* - Ctaper 130x

Putter: Modified Odyssey 7 w/ welded long slant

4 hours ago, D0ch0l1d4y said:

I think I've posted this link on this thread a while back, but this is exactly what Mike Malasaka is walking through in the Be Better Golf video below:

Changed my putting. Dropped average putts per round by 5 and handicap dropped from mid 4 to mid 1s.

*edit - right handed - left eye dominant. Pretty sure I was born a natural lefty.

Thanks interesting view--- Funny thing for me on left hand low the only putter I can put with good is an old Bulls Eye with a stock grip. But since I have been putting claw grip the last 3 years it has became natural for me-- You can  hand me your putter and say look at this and I will set it down and grip it with out thinking claw style

• Like 2