Mizuno 919 Tour

ProjectX_Mizuno

Just posted in my WITB but here's some comparison pics to my 718 MB/CB combo set + the Vokey SM7 vs. the S18 in the PW.

Mizzy%20Compare2.jpg

7 iron - 919T vs. 718 MB

Mizzy%20Compare1.jpg

5 iron - vs. 718 CB (not MB)

Mizzy%20Compare3.jpg

PW - S18 vs. SM7

Mizzy%20Compare4.jpg

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

I like the comparisons. The Titleist MBs top line look amazing. Every time I go to the store to give some new clubs a new try, I always try some MBs they have on demo and they always feel teriffic. I don't know why I don't game them.

The JPX 919 Tours continue to really be great for me. I have been trying new swings and drills with my irons and they are very receptive and provide excellent feedback all around. They really are terrific irons.

We got the fitting heads in today, along with our stock as well. After hitting all three I think these are the best irons they've come out with in recent years. The tours felt amazing, little larger than last generation but I don't mind it. The forged seemed like they were a little larger as well, but again great feel and slightly more forgiving. The Hot Metal's were the most surprising. Wasn't a fan of the previous Hot Metal irons, but these had a much better feel and felt like the ball came off the race like a rocket. Launch with the hot metal was higher and distance was a good 5-7 yards longer. I think Mizuno is going to see a big increase in sales over the 900 series, which did pretty damn well.

I was all set to order the Forged. Then our rep came by this week and spent two hours going over the entire line.

He's a legit 2 cap now, used to lower. He said he put the Hot Metals in the bag for a round when he got all the clubs. They haven't come out. And he has no plans to. Hi said it's the best overall iron he's played in terms of distance but yet alllowong him to move it right or left when he needs to. High flight without baloonong. Says they miles better in every way than the 900

Now how in the world am even supposed to be thinking about the Forged when someone at that level is playing the HM's

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

I took some pics of the clubs for reference. My 6, 8, and 9 seem to have more offset than my 5 and 7 irons.

https://twitter.com/...734761498755072

My irons were WAY off. The 9 iron was over 3 degrees strong, the 7 and 8 were a little over 2 degrees strong and the 6 was almost 3 degrees strong. Hence why they looked so off to me. I left them at the shop and they are going to try to return them to mizuno (they also put the grips on considerably closed). I am trying to decide whether to order another set of 919t's or go MP 18 combo set. I think i'll give mizuno another shot probably as this seems like a rare occurrence.

TSi3 10 @ 10.75 Ventus Black 6x 45"

TS2 15* Hzrdus smoke black 70g 6.5 43"

TS3 18* Hzrdus smoke black RDX  80g 6.5 41.5"

New Level NLU-01 22* and 25* Hzrdus smoke black rdx 100g 6.5
New Level 902-OS 6-P (KBS tour 130x) -1* weak on each

Vokey sm8 50@49/12 KBS $ taper HT 130, Sm9 54@53/10S,

58/4T KBS $ taper HT 125 or 58/8m DGx100 mid TI
L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1 35"/ 69* Press II

My irons were WAY off. The 9 iron was over 3 degrees strong, the 7 and 8 were a little over 2 degrees strong and the 6 was almost 3 degrees strong. Hence why they looked so off to me. I left them at the shop and they are going to try to return them to mizuno (they also put the grips on considerably closed). I am trying to decide whether to order another set of 919t's or go MP 18 combo set. I think i'll give mizuno another shot probably as this seems like a rare occurrence.

I returned my first set of Tours to the Scottish Mizuno builders, swing weights were way off and 2 lofts were wrong. Within a week I had a perfect set freshly built.

• Titleist TSR3 9* Ventus Black 6X
  • Taylormade Sim2 15* Tensei White 80TX
  • TM Stealth 2 Iron or Ping i59 3 iron Project X 7.0
  • Artisan MB 4-9 Project X 7.0
  • Artisan 46*, 50* Project X 6.5
  • Artisan  55*, 60* S400
  • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217

I took some pics of the clubs for reference. My 6, 8, and 9 seem to have more offset than my 5 and 7 irons.

In November I will be deciding on the 919 or a combo set of the mp18s.

If you go combo with the mp18 I'll be anxious to hear what you think of them

In November I will be deciding on the 919 or a combo set of the mp18s.

If you go combo with the mp18 I'll be anxious to hear what you think of them

even better to have an MP18 combo set, and 919T, trust me....lol.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

We got the fitting heads in today, along with our stock as well. After hitting all three I think these are the best irons they've come out with in recent years. The tours felt amazing, little larger than last generation but I don't mind it. The forged seemed like they were a little larger as well, but again great feel and slightly more forgiving. The Hot Metal's were the most surprising. Wasn't a fan of the previous Hot Metal irons, but these had a much better feel and felt like the ball came off the race like a rocket. Launch with the hot metal was higher and distance was a good 5-7 yards longer. I think Mizuno is going to see a big increase in sales over the 900 series, which did pretty damn well.

I was all set to order the Forged. Then our rep came by this week and spent two hours going over the entire line.

He's a legit 2 cap now, used to lower. He said he put the Hot Metals in the bag for a round when he got all the clubs. They haven't come out. And he has no plans to. Hi said it's the best overall iron he's played in terms of distance but yet alllowong him to move it right or left when he needs to. High flight without baloonong. Says they miles better in every way than the 900

Now how in the world am even supposed to be thinking about the Forged when someone at that level is playing the HM's

Our rep. plays the HMs too!? Don't know his cap., but I have seen him swing in our sim. and he hits a great ball!

Ping Traverse

TM Qi10 10.5*

TM Qi10 4/7W

TM P790 5-AW

TM Hi Toe 3 54/58*

TM TP Black Soto

Mizuno RB Tour

Super Bowl LII Champions Fly Eagles Fly! 🦅

Our rep. plays the HMs too!? Don't know his cap., but I have seen him swing in our sim. and he hits a great ball!

I had the 900 version and liked them, but didn’t love them. Maybe the 919 will do it for me. Need to put ego aside and go with what works best. Or hell this is WRX. Ill orobably get both. Ha

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

I had the 900 version and liked them, but didn’t love them. Maybe the 919 will do it for me. Need to put ego aside and go with what works best. Or hell this is WRX. Ill orobably get both. Ha

Don't do it! LOL

The 919 is the truth. Not a forged feel, but still pretty nice. We're selling a bunch of Mizzy stuff.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

Going to be slightly controversial chaps but I tried the 919's midweek, only in a net at the local shop. Yes they are nice, the feel is tremendous and they look lovely, but I'm playing the MP5's and they aren't good enough to get rid of those. I'm not made of money so dropping £800 just to have the latest gear without any significant improvement is a bit beyond me.

In fact the MP5's feel better to me (am I allowed to say that?!).

All the best

Going to be slightly controversial chaps but I tried the 919's midweek, only in a net at the local shop. Yes they are nice, the feel is tremendous and they look lovely, but I'm playing the MP5's and they aren't good enough to get rid of those. I'm not made of money so dropping £800 just to have the latest gear without any significant improvement is a bit beyond me.

All the best

5's are one of the softest irons I have hit, amazing, but ugly short irons IMO (9-P)

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

I am currently playing 900 forged and I like them, but feel I could be hitting something better. I am the type of person that plays once a week and I will give a set a full year for me to get used to before I think about trading or buying more. Witht at said, I am really thinking of getting 919 hot metals. Where is the best place to buy a set of 6-pw that might be a little cheaper than pga superstore. It's hard to find that set up on this site used, wish I could. I prefer new, but I would take anything in very good condition. Knew I would regret reading all this 919 hm info, now I am determined

DRIVER --Rogue sub zero

FW- Rogue 3 wood
M2--5hl

IRONS--- jpx 900 forged 5-pw

WEDGES--T7-49-53-56-59

PUTTER-- scotty cameron buttonback

5's are one of the softest irons I have hit, amazing, but ugly short irons IMO (9-P)

I moved from mp5 to Tours, feel Is similar but the Tours are more forgiving and better looking!

I guess monetarily wise I also wanted a change and if the Tours were not as good as they are I might have just gotten something else, who knows. they definitely more expensive than my Mp5s were three years ago but again you expect that.

• Titleist TSR3 9* Ventus Black 6X
  • Taylormade Sim2 15* Tensei White 80TX
  • TM Stealth 2 Iron or Ping i59 3 iron Project X 7.0
  • Artisan MB 4-9 Project X 7.0
  • Artisan 46*, 50* Project X 6.5
  • Artisan  55*, 60* S400
  • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217

All this talk has me strongly ordering a set of tours 4-pw! Are they really any more forgiving than the mp 18 blades? Rhe way I've been hitting the 18s lately, I should be considering the HM. I just can't hit a iron that big.

-Taylormade BRNR 11.5* set at 9.5* Ventus Red TR 7X playing 44.25”
-Mizuno STz 230 hybrid 16* set at 15* Ventus Blue 8X

-Mizuno STz 230 hybrid 19* Ventus Blue 9X

-Mizuno JPX 923 Forged4&5, Tour 6-PW Project X LS 6.5
-Titleist Vokey SM9 50F set to 51*, 56D, & 62M set to 61*

-Mizuno M-Craft OMOI Type 1 Blue Putter

All this talk has me strongly ordering a set of tours 4-pw! Are they really any more forgiving than the mp 18 blades? Rhe way I've been hitting the 18s lately, I should be considering the HM. I just can't hit a iron that big.

Are you having a tough time with the blades?

I am looking at either the MP 18 blades or the 919s. I'm having a hell of a time deciding between the two

Are you having a tough time with the blades?

I am looking at either the MP 18 blades or the 919s. I'm having a hell of a time deciding between the two

I've been playing them all season and they have been great. It's just something about fall golf that makes my game go to hell. I have actually loved my blades and been saying all season that this could be the set that stays in the bag for years. I have no intention of getting rid of them. Just thinking about having a second set on hand for when my ball striking isn't were it needs to be to play blades. I should really be considering the 919 forged.

Tried (in a net) 919's and MP18's. No real difference as far as I could tell, maybe the MP's are a bit softer but it was only a 7 iron so I should be finding the middle of that club easily enough. Apparently the 18's are similar to the 4's, not very forgiving. I've got the MP5's and they aren't that difficult to hit.

In summary (get to the point!), I would go for the 919's.

I picked up a mint condition set of 3-PW for less than $700 yesterday. Super excited about getting these delivered in a couple of weeks. The only thing I'm nit sure of are the shafts.

These came with DG 120 S300 shafts. These were such a good deal that I didn't want to pass up. I've hit this head and shaft combo in a bay. It feels decent, but it's indoors and only a 7 iron.

Can anyone share their experience with this combo? I currently play DG Pro S300s which I really like. What differences can I expect?

Just my $.02... I went in for a shaft fitting the other day and was rotating heads among 919 tour, 919 forged, mp 18 sc and mp 18 blade. Interestingly enough, I feel like I hit smaller profile irons better than large. The 919 forged head looked huge to me at address, so much so that I almost didn't use it for the fitting. But at the end of the session, it was giving me the best numbers. so much that they made me start rethinking my "blades or bust" mentality.

Just my $.02... I went in for a shaft fitting the other day and was rotating heads among 919 tour, 919 forged, mp 18 sc and mp 18 blade. Interestingly enough, I feel like I hit smaller profile irons better than large. The 919 forged head looked huge to me at address, so much so that I almost didn't use it for the fitting. But at the end of the session, it was giving me the best numbers. so much that they made me start rethinking my "blades or bust" mentality.

Do you feel you will be able to overlook the larger clubhead (919) in lieu of the better numbers you were getting with them verses the mp18 blades?

The fear I personally have is a potential mental block when addressing the forge model, as opposed to the MP 18 blades.

I have used the same set of irons since 2005 (j33 combo's) and have grown extremely fond of their appearance at address.

With that said, he'll be difficult to astray from the club has eyes I am used to, but I also do understand the great importance of getting better performance numbers.

I've decided to go with the 919 forged. I really don't see any performance difference between the mp 18 blade and 919 tour. I want something with forgiveness. I found a new set with my shaft in them for a smoking deal! I just hope I can adjust to the size difference. I plan to keep both sets and alternate if needed. The 919 forged actually look really darn good to me!

I've decided to go with the 919 forged. I really don't see any performance difference between the mp 18 blade and 919 tour. I want something with forgiveness. I found a new set with my shaft in them for a smoking deal! I just hope I can adjust to the size difference. I plan to keep both sets and alternate if needed. The 919 forged actually look really darn good to me!

Are you able to tell us where you got em for such a good price, or is it a source you can't mention.

If it's the latter, totally understood.

Are you able to tell us where you got em for such a good price, or is it a source you can't mention.

If it's the latter, totally understood.

Just a lucky find on Ebay. It was a individual that sounds like myself. He played part of a round with them, using iron covers and decided they were too much club for him. I'm hoping these don't end up like the 825 pro, 850f, and 900f did for me. Lol