Ping Blueprint forged irons- New photos added page 27

I'm going to buy the sh*t out of a set of Blueprints if they come to market, whatever they may be called :)

I really hope we see this club come to retail. I'm ready to demo!

We have our third buyer.

Ping would sell 1,000 sets on this site alone!

The other 9,997 must be in hiding :)

Yeah that’s it, they are all hiding....

I was never good at math. I meant 997!

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

MAJ is using these, too.

These are out in the Senior Tour now too? I smell a release coming...

With the Ping Tour staff, we are up to what, 7 sets that would be sold? 993 more!

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

The last time I emailed Solheim to make blades the s59's came out ... just sayin'

PING always does what is right, they are coming but likely in a limited run. Let's call it their version of the CNCPT etc etc

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 5w 16.9* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Fuji TourSpec 8.2s

Ping Blueprint S 5 - PW Steelfiber 95 & 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

I've said all along that iblade 2.0 would be the blueprint when it came out. Too perfect of a scenario . Just makes sense , since all the staffers ( save bubba) who've got blueprints came from iblade.

Could be. I don't totally get the reasoning behind taking the time to put "Blueprint" on the iron, instead of just leaving it blank. Seems that's an active attempt to distinguish it from iBlade or a possible iBlade replacement.

As far as I know blueprint hasn't been trademarked. But iblade 2.0 has.

Blueprint could just be a code name that isn't meant to mean anything. Just a name they won't ever use ?

To me, Blueprint sounds like a club that Tour pros wanted made. They gave Ping all the "blueprints" they wanted in a forged blade and then Ping went ahead and made it according to their specifications.

Per Mr. Solheim, this is a correct assertion. He told me that it will be a Tour weight” iron, etc, ie: slightly on the heavy side, straighter leading edge, thin top line, very little offset, all that. It’s a no-compromise forged blade iron. I’ve scheduled my VIP fitting for Monday and hopefully I’ll be able to see the club. I’m going to try and put together a low SW set (probably i500) but I sure had my heart set on the “blueprint” but he said “no chance”. The heads are consistently “Tour heavy”.

I just find it hard to believe that Ping will release these in a limited release. Their entire value proposition revolves around fittings. Limited editions are generally offered/ordered stock.

It makes complete sense for them to do this because in all reality, not many people play blades, let alone will pay for new ones. Most of us would rather buy 1 or 2 models older at a quarter of the price. So, it wouldn't make sense for them to release these in their normal quantities because they wouldn't see a return on that investment. Too many others in the blade market that have a clear advantage on them. They won't even offer their accounts "fitting" heads. They are just going to give them actual glued in irons for fitting purposes and it's up to the accounts to stock as many of them as they think they need.

These things are going to come out and Ping is going to ask for $2k+ retail. I hate that I am a consumer.

I would not be surprised if they were $225+ an iron. And, to be honest, I'm not upset about that really. I'll be playing a set of them for sure. I truly am excited about these, more so than any other iron they've released in a while.

I will own them if they're released

USGA Index: ~0

[b]WITB[/b]:
Ping G410 LST 9 degree - Tour AD IZ 6x
Ping G410 LST - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Kasco K2K 33 - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Callaway RazrX Tour 4h - Tour 95 shaft
Ping i200 5-UW (2 flat) - Nippon Modus 105X
Taylormade HiToe 54 (bent to 55 & 2 flat)
Taylormade HiToe 64 (Bent to 62 & 2 flat)
Palmer AP30R putter (circa 1960s)
Taylormade TP5X Ball

You’re welcome people.

It. Cannot be a coincidence that when i start playing ping , they developed an iron for me.

( easy there ping guys. A little humor never hurt anyone ).

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

These will be too expensive and not very durable. My S55’s remain safe in my bag. I will kiss them goodnight and thank them for their diligent work.

Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being.

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5 HZRDUS Smoke iM10 Green 60 TX 45.9" D3

Driver 2: Taylormade Burner Mini 11.5 HZRDUS Smoke Green 70 X D5

Fairway: Taylormade Stealth Plus 3 Wood HZRDUS Smoke Green 70X D6

Hybrid: Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 19.5 Tensei AV White 85 X D6

Irons: Sub70 659 MB 5-GW DG 105 X (Takomo 201's w/ occasional cameos)

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9 56 S Grind;  Cleveland RTX Full Face 64 DG 120 X E0

Putter: PXG Battle Ready Raptor 38” Wristlock Grip

These will be too expensive and not very durable. My S55’s remain safe in my bag. I will kiss them goodnight and thank them for their diligent work.

Too expensive compared to what? We literally don’t know a price point yet. And where did you get your info on durability? Seems a bit premature, but that may be how you roll.

Too expensive compared to what? We literally don’t know a price point yet. And where did you get your info on durability? Seems a bit premature, but that may be how you roll.

Oh boy, shots fired...

Too expensive compared to what? We literally don’t know a price point yet. And where did you get your info on durability? Seems a bit premature, but that may be how you roll. ��

Let me make this super clear for you, because you might be new around here and not know about me. I am a genius. Sometimes I contribute to Wikipedia with no references needed because I have such a resounding amount of knowledge and wisdom.

Now that we have that out of the way, I'll use some evidence and reasoning to systematically demolish everything you said.

1. PING offers a forged iron in the i500. It is more expensive than their i210, a cast club, which was released at the same time. Of the major OEM's, the i500 is one of the priciest sets of irons. Remember, the blueprint is forged. This club, at best, will be priced at least as high as the i500. Logic does not point to this set somehow being less than the i500, considering how PING has priced their forged offerings over the last decade and the overall rise in forged iron set costs in the golf industry. There is a precedent set here for PING forged pricing which I'm simply accounting for, along with an industry-wide practice to charge more for forged irons in recent years.

2. PING has released a couple of forged irons in the last 10 years. Both wore down far faster than any of their cast offerings, even the new irons with the hydropearl finish. Which leads me to my next point.

3. This iron will likely have a hydropearl finish, which wears quickly. We then have a forged iron that doesn't have a resilient finish. These add up to an iron that is going to wear faster than any PING cast iron (for example, the current iBlade, which will indisputably have more durability than a forged iron).

4. Fully forged, one piece blades typically wear within a season or two of regular use (bag chatter, brown spots, etc). Why would a solid, one piece forging from PING be any different? Unlike PING's casting process, they have no propriety forging process that allows a pure forged feel as well as enhanced durability.

5. The blueprint iron was designed based on tour players preferences in a forged iron. This leads us to believe that PING will not be forging their blade with 17-4 stainless steel or some other hard metal. They will be using a soft metal, or else the iron is going to sound and feel awful, which tour players do not like with an iron (and judging by player feedback, the tour staff really like this club). There is no CTP structure that exists in this iron and it's not hollow to fill with TPE. The feel and sound will need to come solely from a soft metal.

6. I'm not premature. I last as long as my S55's.

Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being.

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5 HZRDUS Smoke iM10 Green 60 TX 45.9" D3

Driver 2: Taylormade Burner Mini 11.5 HZRDUS Smoke Green 70 X D5

Fairway: Taylormade Stealth Plus 3 Wood HZRDUS Smoke Green 70X D6

Hybrid: Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 19.5 Tensei AV White 85 X D6

Irons: Sub70 659 MB 5-GW DG 105 X (Takomo 201's w/ occasional cameos)

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9 56 S Grind;  Cleveland RTX Full Face 64 DG 120 X E0

Putter: PXG Battle Ready Raptor 38” Wristlock Grip

Too expensive compared to what? We literally don’t know a price point yet. And where did you get your info on durability? Seems a bit premature, but that may be how you roll. ��

Let me make this super clear for you, because you might be new around here and not know about me. I am a genius. Sometimes I contribute to Wikipedia with no references needed because I have such a resounding amount of knowledge and wisdom.

Now that we have that out of the way, I'll use some evidence and reasoning to systematically demolish everything you said.

1. PING offers a forged iron in the i500. It is more expensive than their i210, a cast club, which was released at the same time. Of the major OEM's, the i500 is one of the priciest sets of irons. Remember, the blueprint is forged. This club, at best, will be priced at least as high as the i500. Logic does not point to this set somehow being less than the i500, considering how PING has priced their forged offerings over the last decade and the overall rise in forged iron set costs in the golf industry. There is a precedent set here for PING forged pricing which I'm simply accounting for, along with an industry-wide practice to charge more for forged irons in recent years.

2. PING has released a couple of forged irons in the last 10 years. Both wore down far faster than any of their cast offerings, even the new irons with the hydropearl finish. Which leads me to my next point.

3. This iron will likely have a hydropearl finish, which wears quickly. We then have a forged iron that doesn't have a resilient finish. These add up to an iron that is going to wear faster than any PING cast iron (for example, the current iBlade, which will indisputably have more durability than a forged iron).

4. Fully forged, one piece blades typically wear within a season or two of regular use (bag chatter, brown spots, etc). Why would a solid, one piece forging from PING be any different? Unlike PING's casting process, they have no propriety forging process that allows a pure forged feel as well as enhanced durability.

5. The blueprint iron was designed based on tour players preferences in a forged iron. This leads us to believe that PING will not be forging their blade with 17-4 stainless steel or some other hard metal. They will be using a soft metal, or else the iron is going to sound and feel awful, which tour players do not like with an iron (and judging by player feedback, the tour staff really like this club). There is no CTP structure that exists in this iron and it's not hollow to fill with TPE. The feel and sound will need to come solely from a soft metal.

I'm disappointed there isn't a mic drop emoji with that solid riposte!

I think your durability reasoning is mediocre. Their forged durability is as good as anyone elses..... Which is all faster wearing than any cast iron ping or otherwise. Your original comment isnt comparing them to ping cast but your reasoning is, so you should include all forged irons as less durable. Their hydro pearl wears terribly I can agree to that. S55 are a workhorse I agree there too.

Post of the day for sure:)

Oh boy, shots fired...

I see what you did there.

I'm in for 8-PW.

PTM, while I agree with most of your above post, I think your reasoning for high pricing is off. A one piece forged head (if that's what the Blueprint is) should be substantially less expensive to manufacture than a two piece cast/forged head as the i500 as you have the casting, forging, and welding of the two together. That isn't cheap or easy. I see these coming in the same, or ever so slightly higher than the i500's. Definitely under $200 a club.

Paradym 10.5

Epic 3w 15

Callaway Apex UW 21*

Titelist T150

Callaway Jaws 5 50*, 54*

Cleve Zip 60*

Ping PLD3/Rahm Rossie S/TP Mills Fleetwood custom

I can't stop thinking about these stupid clubs.

The fact that Glide Forged did make it to retail bodes well for Blueprint. There was no reason for them to make a forged blade wedge available to the masses...just like there's no reason for them to make a forged blade iron available to the masses. The price tag of $200 per club on Glide Forged is (to me) where you can expect Blueprint if it does come out...$1600 for a set of eight irons puts them above what the other big OEMs are charging for forged blades.

As far as durability is concerned...they'll be as durable as Glide Forged wedges. The hydropearl finish on my iBlades has held up beautifully since I got them in August of 2016. No major damage at all...just bag chatter and such. If chatter and a light marring is what we consider an iron "wearing down," then I guess my iBlades have already worn down.

All forgings are going to be susceptible to dings and wear...I grazed a flat rock on the range with a Titleist 712 MB that put the weirdest ding in the leading edge, but I just put it in a clamp and tapped it flat with a hammer (with foil between the hammer and club). Tools not jewels :)

Glide Forged (and Glide 2.0 stealth) uses 8620 carbon...which are alloys and not pure carbon. I'm guessing that's what Blueprint will be. So...maybe a little more durable than buttery soft 1025 or something else.

TSi3 9.0 (A4)  Tensei Raw Blue 65 Stiff 

TS2 15 (B1) Project X Even Flow White 75 6.0
TS3 19 (C4) Project X Even Flow White 90 6.0
i59 4-W DG 120 S300
Glide Forged Pro (52/56/60) DG 120 S300
Scotty Cameron 009m and Tour Newport 
Pro V1x Yellow