2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Interesting development - $3000 pay to caddy from a $1.3 million winners check? (MOD EDIT - NO POLIT

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cant believe how tired I am of Twitter rumors and big mouths who dont have the backbone, or anything else, to name names. Call someone out by name or shut up. Having been a 12 year old girl at one point, I can tell you it had a lot in common with Twitter.

See that's what it was, Tom Gillis was just "identifying" as a 12 yr old girl when he posted that

Now it makes sense

He is gearing up for a run at the Augusta women’s amateur championship in a few years..why not now? 1. the game needs work. 2. He needs time to sell the “identifying as a woman” jkjk

Driver: Paradym Velocore 
Woods: 3W Paradym trip diamond Velocore , 5W Paradym Velocore
Irons: ZX7 MKII 4-P ACCRA 115 
Wedges: ARTISAN 52,56,60 (yes I have a player number)
Putter: ARTISAN 0217
Ball: TP5x

Sheesh... So many think Mexico as this horrible Country where anyone with more than $1,000 will soon be robbed and left for dead...or worse extends into Yucatan. There's around 2 per 100,000 violent deaths around Maya Riviera per year...or in other words 7x less than Chicago.

Cancun had 540 murders last year.

It would seem like you are more concerned about being precisely, factually, and semantically correct than about being morally right.

Sheesh... So many think Mexico as this horrible Country where anyone with more than $1,000 will soon be robbed and left for dead...or worse extends into Yucatan. There's around 2 per 100,000 violent deaths around Maya Riviera per year...or in other words 7x less than Chicago.

2 per 100,000?? Wow. Sooooo wrong...

Edit.... Damn it!! This stupid thread sucked me back in again!! ; )

Judging by the picture, plaid shorts guy must not have paid ET enough.

And his socks don't match anything. That's the real travesty here.

I"m glad I wasn't the only one to see the rainbow bright socks. I bet this dude is a riot after a few vodka tonics.

Paradym 10.5

Epic 3w 15

Callaway Apex UW 21*

Titelist T150

Callaway Jaws 5 50*, 54*

Cleve Zip 60*

Ping PLD3/Rahm Rossie S/TP Mills Fleetwood custom

marcgraubart@marcgraubart Jan 16

More

Replying to @tcgillis

Hey Tom @tcgillis i reread your post and see that you feel the same way. I am going to start a go fund me page for David “el Tucán”. I will dare @GoodGuyKuchar to make the first donation. After tax it would have cost you half Kuch!! Come on. Do the right thing @golfdigest

DxDURfzWoAAmAo9.jpg

I sure hope everyone here who is so impressed with their own largesse and find Kuchar such a terrible person (based on some never-was Twitter hack's prodding), are making regular contributions to their local food bank or other worthy charitable organizations.

They could also start a go-fund-me for the caddy and send him money right?

I'm sure Gillis would contribute.

What?

Kuch is the guy with the $1.3 million in his account. This is about him paying out of that, not me or you or Gillis.

Please adjust your sarcasm meter.

HaHa - I told someone that in a nice way last week and got an obscene PM in response (unsigned, of course)! BTW, I may have missed it too on this one.

2 per 100,000?? Wow. Sooooo wrong...

Edit.... Damn it!! This stupid thread sucked me back in again!! ; )

Ya, something way off in the UN stats even for 2017. It's like Yucatan government tried to disown Cancun when reporting numbers to UN. Or fake news! Oh well,..I still don't see how crime/murder in Mexico is a factor for what was paid to a caddy. Just seems to take the conspiracy theories a bit too far. I'll get out of the crime stat business.

Kuch ain’t obligated to anything more than what was agreed upon. It’s not about being cheap. It’s about what’s agreed upon. You don’t over compensate during winning weeks and undercompensate during losing weeks.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s
Callaway Apex Pro 4H ADDI 85s
Titleist T200 5i, T100 6-PW Accra i100
Titleist 50F-54S-58M Accra i105

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

More

Replying to @tcgillis

Hey Tom @tcgillis i reread your post and see that you feel the same way. I am going to start a go fund me page for David “el Tucán”. I will dare @GoodGuyKuchar to make the first donation. After tax it would have cost you half Kuch!! Come on. Do the right thing @golfdigest

DxDURfzWoAAmAo9.jpg

LOL, got tired of being called Mr. Plaid Pants!

The go fund me thing is such an attention whore grandstanding move. This guy is way too into this.

And is he presuming to suggest if Kuchar donates to go fund me he can get off cheaper by claiming a charitable donation? LOL, Mr. Don't Understand Charitable Contributions Pants. Not to mention about 1/3 goes off the top to go fund me. Oh well.

I was thinking about contracts, documents, expectations and entitlements.

When I go out for dinner and spend $250, I have no contract with the servers.

They, however, have an expectation of 15-20%.

So if I leave $1 (a similar % to what Kuch is alleged to have done), have I done anything wrong? If some stranger a table or two over calls me out for being a cheapskate, is he wrong?

And.... My sarcasm meter's been in the shop.

More

Replying to @tcgillis

DxDURfzWoAAmAo9.jpg

The caddy looks even more miserable in this photo. The happiest he looked is with Kuch.

When I got out for dinner and spend $250, I have no contract with the servers.

So if I leave $1 (a similar % to what Kuch is alleged to have done), have I done anything wrong? If some stranger a table or two over calls me out for being a cheapskate, is he wrong?

How was the service?

When I got out for dinner and spend $250, I have no contract with the servers.

I agree.

Reading some of the commentary from both caddies and players I think I'm getting a better jest for where the conflict lies. Evidently, there has always been an honor code of gentleman's agreements about the compensation. So, in essence, I think your analogy is correct and that's what the pro player / caddie community is trying to accentuate. The 10% of purse is a kind of tip. Basically the argument that is getting made is that Kuch foregoes his own caddie in a cost saving measure. Asks the price of the local caddie, $3k and then gives him $5k when the weeks over. So, rather than give him what most think would be the equivalent of a 15% tip on a meal, which would have been 5% he gave him $2k on $1,300k.

Basically, miserly poor tipping taken to an extreme.

Kuch has always struck me as the type that takes that Oh Golly Opie Cunningham routine too far to get what he wants. No one is so clever with the "needle" but plays dumb all the time without it being an act. Well gosh darnit Ms. Bea, I thought 5 thousand dollars was one heck of a good week for the little man with that $hiteating grin on his face.

Of course he went to Tech, so I always wanted a reason not to like him, thanks El Tuc for finally giving it to me. I'll throw a few bucks into the GoFundMe.

More

Replying to @tcgillis

Hey Tom @tcgillis i reread your post and see that you feel the same way. I am going to start a go fund me page for David "el Tucán". I will dare @GoodGuyKuchar to make the first donation. After tax it would have cost you half Kuch!! Come on. Do the right thing @golfdigest

DxDURfzWoAAmAo9.jpg

The caddy looks even more miserable in this photo. The happiest he looked is with Kuch.

Lol, who is this guy?

This whole thing is cracking me up in that Kramer stock tip way,

seinfeld12.jpg

Dear golfwrx friends, just curious to hear your thoughts. When you go to a nice sit down restaurant and receive decent to good service do you tip 15%? How about when you go to a restaurant where you have to stand in line to place your order and then you have to walk to the counter to get your food when its ready? For the second example when you pay are you also adding 15% to the tip line item on the receipt?

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Dear golfwrx friends, just curious to hear your thoughts. When you go to a nice sit down restaurant and receive decent to good service do you tip 15%? How about when you go to a restaurant where you have to stand in line to place your order and then you have to walk to the counter to get your food when its ready? For the second example when you pay are you also adding 15% to the tip line item on the receipt?

Wonder if Kuch be like,

a2CEZ-.gif

Ok, ok...

Wonder if Kuch be like,

a2CEZ-.gif

Ok, ok...

Well, it depeneds. Did they let Kooch dry his cloths in the oven?

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

The yardstick I use to determine if tipping is necessary is table service. Was the order taken and food delivered to my table? If so, you tip as the server is now making $2.13hr and survives on the amount of tips they receive. Counter service gets nada unless they went above and beyond in their service.

20% is the minimum. Tip 15% if service was horrible or the server/manager did not provide a service level reasonably expected. If you can't afford or feel like this is absurd, take your food to go or cook at home. A reasonable person accepts that in the USA tipping is part of the cost of dinner.

Paradym 10.5

Epic 3w 15

Callaway Apex UW 21*

Titelist T150

Callaway Jaws 5 50*, 54*

Cleve Zip 60*

The yardstick I use to determine if tipping is necessary is table service. Was the order taken and food delivered to my table? If so, you tip as the server is now making $2.13hr and survives on the amount of tips they receive. Counter service gets nada unless they went above and beyond in their service.

20% is the minimum. Tip 15% if service was horrible or the server/manager did not provide a service level reasonably expected. If you can't afford or feel like this is absurd, take your food to go or cook at home. A reasonable person accepts that in the USA tipping is part of the cost of dinner.

I'm not trying to toot my own horn but I tip 25% at all times under all circumstances. I don't know what all you peasants do but that's what I do.

(I gotta get out of this thread)

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

I can't believe I got sucked into this thread. I'm loving the rollercoaster ride, but being involved is not really my cup of tequila.

Paradym 10.5

Epic 3w 15

Callaway Apex UW 21*

Titelist T150

Callaway Jaws 5 50*, 54*

Cleve Zip 60*

There we go again with the virtue signaling lol. "Reasonable" is 100% subjective

And here in my state, all servers get at least state minimum wage ($11-12) before tips.

I don't view the 10% share of winnings for top tier players a tip at all, I view it as a bonus. Those wins are a product of tons of work by both the player and the caddy over the year (or decades for some). A temp stand in guy that lugs the bag for 4 days just isnt in the same category and thus I have no issues if a player defaults to a flat fee.

I don't want to derail the real discussion, but how would you feel if you lived in a state with a minimum wage of $10.75 and that waiters and waitress were entitled to that wage in addition to their tips? I think it's interesting for me personally because I think nothing of leaving a single Euro on the table if the service was good in Europe, but now I live in a state where "customary" 15%+ was determined under a different economic environment than now exists. FTR, I did make $2.12 an hour when I waited but that was because as a tipped job, if the tips were equal to minimum wage they could pay you half of what was $4.25 minimum wage. Federal minimum wage is now $7.25 for the record and I don't know how many states are that low and still allow for a waiter to be paid 1/2 of minimum wage.

I'm not trying to toot my own horn but I tip 25% at all times under all circumstances. I don't know what all you peasants do but that's what I do.

(I gotta get out of this thread)

I'll generally do 20% but go up to 30% if the person provides some great insight into how the dishes are prepared, how to plan my meal, ormakes a great wine recommendation. Or sometimes, you can get them to conspire with you to get the chef to make something that's not on the menu.

People who don't tip well be like

200.gif

I don't want to derail the real discussion, but how would you feel if you lived in a state with a minimum wage of $10.75 and that waiters and waitress were entitled to that wage in addition to their tips? I think it's interesting for me personally because I think nothing of leaving a single Euro on the table if the service was good in Europe, but now I live in a state where "customary" 15%+ was determined under a different economic environment than now exists. FTR, I did make $2.12 an hour when I waited but that was because as a tipped job, if the tips were equal to minimum wage they could pay you half of what was $4.25 minimum wage. Federal minimum wage is now $7.25 for the record and I don't know how many states are that low and still allow for a waiter to be paid 1/2 of minimum wage.

I feel no different. The social standard has been set to tip in the USA. You should know this and accept it, or take yourself out of the equation. Anyone who views tipping as optional should reconsider why they take the contrarian view.

Each country has their own standard, so comparing would be unfair, in my opinion.

Paradym 10.5

Epic 3w 15

Callaway Apex UW 21*

Titelist T150

Callaway Jaws 5 50*, 54*

Cleve Zip 60*

Kuch ain't obligated to anything more than what was agreed upon. It's not about being cheap. It's about what's agreed upon. You don't over compensate during winning weeks and undercompensate during losing weeks.

There's the letter of the law and the spirit of the law.

Even if they had an agreement that said $3,000 base and a maximum of $2,000 tip...what kind of guy would stick to that in the event of a win? A cheap guy.

More likely they had NO agreement about a bonus, because the local caddie wasn't savvy enough to negotiate one. Does that make it okay for Kuchar not to pay out a bonus? Such a cop-out appealing to the "agreement".

Also, no one is suggesting over-compensation. If anything, people are just suggesting small compensation.

2% (much lower than the normal bonus for a caddie on a winning bag) would be $26,000, for example.

More

Replying to @tcgillis

DxDURfzWoAAmAo9.jpg

Funny that he keeps tagging @GoodGuyKuchar as if that's Kuchar's real Twitter account. It's a parody account, lol. I don't think our guy here is too sharp on Twitter.

More

Replying to @tcgillis

Hey Tom @tcgillis i reread your post and see that you feel the same way. I am going to start a go fund me page for David "el Tucán". I will dare @GoodGuyKuchar to make the first donation. After tax it would have cost you half Kuch!! Come on. Do the right thing @golfdigest

DxDURfzWoAAmAo9.jpg

Lol, who is this guy?

This whole thing is cracking me up in that Kramer stock tip way,

seinfeld12.jpg

Intern!

Don't walk under any high windows!