Callaway XR16 SubZero Aldila Rogue I/O 70X
Callaway Apex Utility Wood 19* Fujikura Ventus TR Red 60
Callaway UT 18* KBS C-Taper X
Titleist 818 H2 21*
Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW KBS DG X100
Vokey SM7 52* F
Vokey SM7 58* D
Sizemore XB-1

And i'm sorry BB for being a jerk. Don't know what got into me.

tiger.19: I'd show up there and buy on the street.

The odds of getting a ticket are a) much, much better - nearly guaranteed and b) much, much cheaper (than buying from a broker).

• Like 1

Callaway XR16 SubZero Aldila Rogue I/O 70X
Callaway Apex Utility Wood 19* Fujikura Ventus TR Red 60
Callaway UT 18* KBS C-Taper X
Titleist 818 H2 21*
Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW KBS DG X100
Vokey SM7 52* F
Vokey SM7 58* D
Sizemore XB-1

You can no longer "will" your tickets down through generations. Husband and wife can will them, but after both parents pass away those tickets go back into the lottery. The reason I know is I have a friend and my wife has a friend that their parents have tickets, both have had one parent pass away and have been advised that they can pass them down to the children.

I have been entering for 10 years and have never been chosen. I had last gotten to go 2012, my connection no longer had tickets. This year I was lucky as I had a friend that actually hit the lottery and he gave me the opportunity to go with him and got to go on Monday.

• Driver - Ping G430 Max 10k - Ventus Black 6X | Ping G430 LST 10.5 - Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI TX
  • 3 Wood - Taylormade 300 Mini 13.5 - Ventus Purple X
  • 5 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X 
  • 7 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X | 4 iron - Srixon ZX4 MKII - Axiom 105X
  • 5 - PW Ping BluePrint S - Shaft testing
  • SW - Cleveland RTX6 55* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X | LW - Vokey SM9T 60* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X
  • Putters - Odyssey #7 Knuckle Neck Proto | Odyssey Jailbird Versa Microhinge - Odyssey Tank DBOdyssey Jailbird Ai-One

> @"tiger.19" said:

> I’ve been telling the wife the last couple years(she watches some golf and has been to a few events with me) that if we don’t ever hit on the lottery that I’ll just get a hotel and we’ll make the drive and buy on the street. May have to take that plunge.

All I can say is that you won't regret it. Whatever your expectations are for Augusta, I guarantee they will be exceeded.

> @gators78 said:

> I swear they're using IBM Watson to track not just the tickets but activity in the gates. Never been picked in the lottery, both my good friend and boss were selected, spent a boatload of money in the golf shop...and wouldn't you know it, they were selected again the following year.

HaHa-I guess we only spent a dinghy load!

They do go out of their way to make sure people know it is a selection process, not a lottery, so who knows.

Over 10 years in the lottery with no luck. A good friend got tickets for Wednesday last year, his 4th in the lottery, fortunately I got to go with him. Another friend entered for the first time last year and got Saturday tickets. Hopefully my day will come, if not I will pay the scalper/broker price to go back, it is worth it IMO.

15 years here and no dice.

I have been once but not on the lottery. Just paid the $ for two tix. Was amazing!

I’m from the Augusta area and had chances to go as a kid but never cared anything about it. In fact, I just thought it was this silly local tournament and couldn’t understand why everyone made such a big deal about it. Boy do I wish now that I hadn’t been so stupid.

I had a family member that had the grandfathered tickets up until he passed away a few years ago. I never got to go on his tickets. The family sold them every year for a ransom and this side of the family literally lived off of the income from those tickets for about 10 years.

I’d like to go again someday.

If I haven't won the ticket lottery by the time I retire in a few years I'm going to purchase two weeklong passes from a broker and go with my son. It won't be cheap but I'm sure it will be a lifelong memory for both of us.

Titleist TSi3 | Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 3W | Titleist 915H 4H | Mizuno JPX-850 Forged 4-GW | Cleveland RTX-3 54, 60 | Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1

> @3jacker said:

> And i'm sorry BB for being a jerk. Don't know what got into me.

>

> tiger.19: I'd show up there and buy on the street.

> The odds of getting a ticket are a) much, much better - nearly guaranteed and b) much, much cheaper (than buying from a broker).

I may go down this route. Are practice rounds or tournament rounds easier to get. I’d like to take my dad and I don’t want to wait 10 years to win the lotto.

Titleist TR2 - Graphite design DI

Titleist Tsi2 - 15*

Callaway Apex 20*

Srixon ZX 7 4-PW

Cleveland Zipcore 54* & 58*

Odyssey #7 CH

> @sbjinx said:

> > @3jacker said:

> > And i'm sorry BB for being a jerk. Don't know what got into me.

> >

> > tiger.19: I'd show up there and buy on the street.

> > The odds of getting a ticket are a) much, much better - nearly guaranteed and b) much, much cheaper (than buying from a broker).

> I may go down this route. Are practice rounds or tournament rounds easier to get. I’d like to take my dad and I don’t want to wait 10 years to win the lotto.

>

Both practice & tournament rounds are equally easy to get. It just depends on what you're willing to pay. The prices for tickets on Washington vary a good bit based on the particular scalper, how desperate he is to get rid of his inventory, the expected weather on the day in question, etc. But, generally speaking, this is what you can expect to pay:

Monday or Tuesday will run you about $500. Wednesday about $800-$1000. Thursday about $1200-$1500. Friday about $1500-$2000. Saturday and Sunday ticket prices vary the most based on who's in the hunt but they generally run anywhere from $2000-$4000.

• Like 1

If you have that kind of extra money, why not. I don't and when you don't there is no way any sports event is worth that kind on money. Sour grapes I guess.

I read that this is a selection process, not a real lottery. I am a writer. Back in the day, I sold to all the big golf magazines, to this site and others, ran my own golf blog for years, and am currently writing a golf novel. I won a golf writing contest and a week's worth of lessons with Hank Haney in Ca. Nada in the lottery for many years. I have no press credentials and don't qualify for the Golf Writers Association of America, so that must be it.

Anyway, I would love to know their selection criteria. Meanwhile, TV and Masters.com coverage is awesome.

"I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member."
- Groucho Marx

WIMB
PING G400 Driver 10.5*

TaylorMade Burner 3-wood and 5-wood REAX reg graphite

Mizuno MX-23 forged 5-PW, Mizuno forged SW, GW, LW

Putter:  Odyssey White Hot Rossie 36" --  Ball: TP5 X

> @youdamantiger said:

> Don't be discouraged. You can get on the course Monday or Tuesday for a relatively reasonable price. My buddy and I always buy our tickets on Washington because, like you, we are perennial lottery losers. You can expect to pay $500 on Washington for a Monday or Tuesday full day ticket. Scalpers on Washington also sell half-days if they have them. The longer the day drags on the cheaper the scalpers are willing to sell tickets for that day. We once bought Tuesday tickets at about 12:30pm for $150 a piece. That's over five full hours on the course (Augusta closes at 6pm).

>

> To answer your other question, I've entered for the past five or six years and never won. My buddy has been entering for 15 years or so and never won, so you're not alone.

We, uh, have very different definitions of a "relatively reasonable price".

I've been in the lottery for the last 13 years for practice round and then tournament tickets once they started offering them again. My parents have been in the lottery for the same duration. None of us have been selected.

I agree with other posters, now that I have children, once my son is a little older I will just suck it up, pony up the $$$$$ and go together if I'm not selected to go by then. Hopefully he'll appreciate it but it most definitely be a once in a lifetime chance for us both.

I entered for the first time for the 2014 tournament and got two Saturday tickets. Won two Tuesday tickets for the 2018 tournament.

• Like 1

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

> @Bad9 said:

> I entered for the first time for the 2014 tournament and got two Saturday tickets. Won two Tuesday tickets for the 2018 tournament.

What do you do for a living?

"I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member."
- Groucho Marx

WIMB
PING G400 Driver 10.5*

TaylorMade Burner 3-wood and 5-wood REAX reg graphite

Mizuno MX-23 forged 5-PW, Mizuno forged SW, GW, LW

Putter:  Odyssey White Hot Rossie 36" --  Ball: TP5 X

> @Bad9 said:

> I entered for the first time for the 2014 tournament and got two Saturday tickets. Won two Tuesday tickets for the 2018 tournament.

Did you go both times ?

Do you own a unicorn? Maybe a rabbits foot that has been passed down through the Prescott family line ?

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @Bad9 said:

> > I entered for the first time for the 2014 tournament and got two Saturday tickets. Won two Tuesday tickets for the 2018 tournament.

>

> Did you go both times ?

>

> Do you own a unicorn? Maybe a rabbits foot that has been passed down through the Prescott family line ?

Yup we went both times, made midwinter vacations out of it. In 2014 we went to Charleston for a week and in 2018 went to Hilton Head Island. Only spent one night in the area for the Masters on either trip.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

> @Bad9 said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @Bad9 said:

> > > I entered for the first time for the 2014 tournament and got two Saturday tickets. Won two Tuesday tickets for the 2018 tournament.

> >

> > Did you go both times ?

> >

> > Do you own a unicorn? Maybe a rabbits foot that has been passed down through the Prescott family line ?

>

> Yup we went both times, made midwinter vacations out of it. In 2014 we went to Charleston for a week and in 2018 went to Hilton Head Island. Only spent one night in the area for the Masters on either trip.

Thats a solid plan right there. It’s all so relatively close. It makes perfect sense.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @Bad9 said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > @Bad9 said:

> > > > I entered for the first time for the 2014 tournament and got two Saturday tickets. Won two Tuesday tickets for the 2018 tournament.

> > >

> > > Did you go both times ?

> > >

> > > Do you own a unicorn? Maybe a rabbits foot that has been passed down through the Prescott family line ?

> >

> > Yup we went both times, made midwinter vacations out of it. In 2014 we went to Charleston for a week and in 2018 went to Hilton Head Island. Only spent one night in the area for the Masters on either trip.

>

> Thats a solid plan right there. It’s all so relatively close. It makes perfect sense.

When I win the lottery again and get tickets it will be the same plan, probably HHI. And I will win again :)

I had been trying to win tickets through the lottery for approximately 10 years when I lucked out and got 4 Wednesday tickets for the 2017 Masters. The weather on that Wednesday sucked. There was severe thunderstorms in the area and we had to leave the course twice to go back to our cars. Only spent a total of about 2 hours on the property that day. Well low and behold I win 4 Wednesday tickets again for this years Masters and this time the weather was awesome. I would like to think I was that lucky but in reality I think the AN just made it right and others who went that day will get rewarded as well.

I’ve given up on the lottery. I have a better view at my home and I don’t have to deal with the tsa mindset of Augusta. I don’t even like pemento cheese.

PXG Black Ops Tour driver 

PXG g5 3 wood

PXG Black Ops 17* hybrid

TaylorMade Qi10 5 wood

TaylorMade P770 4-9 KBS Tour

TaylorMade MG4 46/52/58wedges

Bettinardi BB1 putter

> @Ferguson said:

> Been a lottery winner 6 times in 14 years.

>

> It's not you, it's your zip code.

Now Ferg. You are aware that VIPs May get preferential treatment?! Right ? I mean how would it look for Ferg and co. To not be included ??

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock