Tiger Roars Again: Golf's Greatest Comeback Is Complete - Sports Illustrated Cover with No Words....

dropkicked

> @MadGolfer76 said:

> > @ray9898 said:

> > > @MadGolfer76 said:

> >

> > > What is it you think I am lying about?

> > >

> >

> > No need in me retyping everything above. You were shown by several posters his exact record for those years which shows he continued to be successful up and to the point his physical injuries became apparent. You are trying to connect it to something else for what I can only assume is some personal agenda which you doubled down on by minimizing the severity of his back issues.

> I'm not sure what you think people have shown me?

> 5 wins on average per year from 1996 till 2008. 1-2 wins per year since then. If I am missing anything, it perhaps could be that others think that one outlier year out of 11 is the same as saying "nuh-uh!"

> @MadGolfer76 said:

> > @ray9898 said:

> > > @MadGolfer76 said:

> >

> > >

> >

> > No need in me retyping everything above. You were shown by several posters his exact record for those years which shows he continued to be successful up and to the point his physical injuries became apparent. You are trying to connect it to something else for what I can only assume is some personal agenda which you doubled down on by minimizing the severity of his back issues.

> 5 wins on average per year from 1996 till 2008. 1-2 wins per year since then. If I am missing anything, it perhaps could be that others think that one outlier year out of 11 is the same as saying "nuh-uh!"

> @MadGolfer76 said:

> > @ray9898 said:

> > > @MadGolfer76 said:

> >

> > >

> >

> @MadGolfer76 said:

> > @ray9898 said:

> > > @MadGolfer76 said:

> >

> > >

> >

It’s a silly argument you are making if you say he won 1-2 times per year. You are using years when he was out of commission. 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and even 2018 shouldn’t be used in your lame stance.

• Like 1

Ping G425 Max 9* Venus Red TR 5 Stiff

Ping G425 Max 7 wood Rogue 130MSI 80

Ping G425 Max 9 wood Ventus Blus 7S

Ping G710 4-PW

Ping S159 50 54 58

Ping Anser 2

OP: Look at this great picture of Tiger from three days ago!

Usuals: Sure, but check out these Nicklaus pics from 33 years ago.

Sometimes I think someone could post that Tiger had Cheerios and a banana for breakfast, and some people would post, “Jack had two bowls of Cheerios and four bananas in 1986. Wait, no, he had two bananas and a whole pig. Fewer carbs. Jackie was actually very fit. Have I told you about when he carried it 385 in the 1971 PGA Championship Long Drive Contest? Well, he did it with a stick and a bouncy ball. What are we talking about? Oh, yeah, Tiger’s breakfast. Well, Jack always said about breakfast....”

• Like 2

> @Pinging77 said:

> Certainly celebrate his amazing comeback from what appeared to be career ending physical problems (many of which were self inflicted from off course activities like Seal training).. I hope everyone doesn’t get carried away and pronounce him a outstanding person. Yes he is friendlier and more media savvy than he was in his prime. But nothing he will ever do can wipe away the fact that he endangered his wife and mother of his children every time he went on his frequent unprotected intercourse dalliances and returned home..

>

> Probably the greatest golfer of all time but no where near admirable off the course. Celebrate his fantastic achievement but don’t assign off the course the old golden child, all American family man BS the media was selling years ago to him prior to 2009..

You seem triggered lol. Suck it up. I like the flawed Tiger - better than the sickly family man image many love to display .

The worst offenders are your usual conservative stuff country club members. You'd find them most in swinger parties.

But yes If I had my way I'd bang every hot looking woman before I go six feet under. If I had my way I'd be Hugh Hefner!!

> @Lamb said:

> > @Pinging77 said:

> > Certainly celebrate his amazing comeback from what appeared to be career ending physical problems (many of which were self inflicted from off course activities like Seal training).. I hope everyone doesn’t get carried away and pronounce him a outstanding person. Yes he is friendlier and more media savvy than he was in his prime. But nothing he will ever do can wipe away the fact that he endangered his wife and mother of his children every time he went on his frequent unprotected intercourse dalliances and returned home..

> >

> > Probably the greatest golfer of all time but no where near admirable off the course. Celebrate his fantastic achievement but don’t assign off the course the old golden child, all American family man BS the media was selling years ago to him prior to 2009..

>

> You seem triggered lol. Suck it up. I like the flawed Tiger - better than the sickly family man image many love to display .

>

> The worst offenders are your usual conservative stuff country club members. You'd find them most in swinger parties.

>

> But yes If I had my way I'd bang every hot looking woman before I go six feet under. If I had my way I'd be Hugh Hefner!!

But Hugh is dead.

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

> @redfirebird08 said:

> > @PZero said:

> > > @redfirebird08 said:

> > > > @PZero said:

> > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > Perfect picture.

> > > >

> > > > With Tiger you get these kinds of covers showing the celebration. With Spieth and Brooks we got pics of them teeing off on some random hole because their celebrations are weak. I've seen people happier making the cut than Brooks did winning the US Open.

> > >

> > > But I think the 2001 cover of Tiger Slam was pretty amazing. They had perfect camera angle behind 18th tee box going through that narrow gap in the trees. Gives pretty good perspective on how scary that tee shot would be for a typical amateur player.

> > >

> > > https://www.golf.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/tigersicover11_0.jpg

> >

> > They do that shot for everyone.

> >

> > Here is Nicklaus in 1986

> > rzg6e1c4jao0.jpg

> >

> >

>

> That's an awesome photo from 1986. Thank you for posting it. :)

Not gonna lie, could be the vantage point of the photo or the lengthening of the tees on 18 since then, but that looks doable to me vs the 2000 SI cover. Much wider opening for ol' Jack than today, just ask Patty...

TM 2016 M2 12*(-2 setting) - OG Grafalloy Blue X, 43.5"

TEE XCG7 16.5* 4w, OG Grafalloy Blue S, 41.75"

Wilson D9 18* 4i, KBS Max-R, 39.5”

Cobra King OS 4-G, TT XP95 R300, -.5
Mack Daddy CB 56.14(2* weak)  60.12(3*  weak)

Edel Brick

> @"Ashley Schaeffer" said:

> OP: Look at this great picture of Tiger from three days ago!

> Usuals: Sure, but check out these Nicklaus pics from 33 years ago.

>

> Sometimes I think someone could post that Tiger had Cheerios and a banana for breakfast, and some people would post, “Jack had two bowls of Cheerios and four bananas in 1986. Wait, no, he had two bananas and a whole pig. Fewer carbs. Jackie was actually very fit. Have I told you about when he carried it 385 in the 1971 PGA Championship Long Drive Contest? Well, he did it with a stick and a bouncy ball. What are we talking about? Oh, yeah, Tiger’s breakfast. Well, Jack always said about breakfast....”

WTF?

The pics of Jack are in reference to nothing other than the tee and tee shot on 18.

• Like 1

> @Hawkeye77 said:

> > @"Ashley Schaeffer" said:

> > OP: Look at this great picture of Tiger from three days ago!

> > Usuals: Sure, but check out these Nicklaus pics from 33 years ago.

> >

> > Sometimes I think someone could post that Tiger had Cheerios and a banana for breakfast, and some people would post, “Jack had two bowls of Cheerios and four bananas in 1986. Wait, no, he had two bananas and a whole pig. Fewer carbs. Jackie was actually very fit. Have I told you about when he carried it 385 in the 1971 PGA Championship Long Drive Contest? Well, he did it with a stick and a bouncy ball. What are we talking about? Oh, yeah, Tiger’s breakfast. Well, Jack always said about breakfast....”

>

> WTF?

>

> The pics of Jack are in reference to nothing other than the tee and tee shot on 18.

>

>

:|

• Like 1

> @MadGolfer76 said:

> Come back from what?

> It isn't like life had it out for him. He made his own problems. Why are we giving people a pat on the head for doing what is expected of them anyway?

Every year's Masters champion gets a "pat on the head" from the media. But let me get this straight. You think an exception should be made this year because it's Tiger Woods. The world must enrage you every single day.

> @tatertot said:

> > @Hawkeye77 said:

> > > @playa said:

> > > Tiger has come full circle with this victory. In 97 he burst on the scene and destroyed the course and emasculated the field with a display of power that changed the way the game is played on tour.

> > > This time he is the old guy getting smoked off the tee by power players, but he finds another way to demoralise his opponents, using patience and strategy to get over the line.

> >

> > I know you are excited and I'm happy for ya, but come on man.

> >

> > He didn't get smoked off the tee this week and "he" wasn't demoralizing anyone.

> >

> > Patience and strategy paid off and that was his game plan, but could have easily found himself behind at least a couple teeing off on 16 and good luck with the way things were going Sunday making that up. So a little good fortune played a part, and nothing wrong with that either.

>

> Why would we start to let things like "facts" get in the way of a good story? It's not like the guy got hit by a bus.

I know 2 people in my college track team that have been hit by a bus. One with a broken pelvis and the other femur. Made 100 recovery an> @tatertot said:

> > @redfirebird08 said:

> > > @MadGolfer76 said:

> > > Come back from what?

> > > It isn't like life had it out for him. He made his own problems. Why are we giving people a pat on the head for doing what is expected of them anyway?

> >

> > You're right, the back injuries were 100% his intentional doing with zero coincidence whatsoever.

>

> Actually ... If he hadn't become obsessed with being a Navy SEAL, he probably never injures his back.

Lol more nonsense Navy training injury was his knee. Swing caused back issues. But hey nice story though.

> @MadGolfer76 said:

> > @ray9898 said:

> > > @MadGolfer76 said:

> >

> > >

> >

But look at the wins compared to the number of starts. He's winning right at 30% of his starts. That's a crazy number. Over his entire career he's been in the Top 10 in 58% of his starts. If you take away the back injuries how high would that number be? I think Tiger's personal behavior is deplorable but you can't use that to reduce the magnitude of what he has come back from in regards to injuries.

Titleist TSr2 10* Tensei 1K Black 65X
Titleist TSr2 15* Tensei White 75X 
Titleist Tsi 22* Tensei White 95X
Titleist T150 NS Pro 120 X 4-PW
Vokey SM9 50*, 54* and 60* TT DGS400
SIK Pro Custom

> @MadGolfer76 said:

> Come back from what?

> It isn't like life had it out for him. He made his own problems. Why are we giving people a pat on the head for doing what is expected of them anyway?

Exactly. People ‘come back’ from illness and injury to lead productive lives all the time, everywhere. It’s just generally what humans do.

I guess personally I’d just rather celebrate the people who weren’t major asshats to their wife/husband and kids.

> @Pinging77 said:

> Certainly celebrate his amazing comeback from what appeared to be career ending physical problems (many of which were self inflicted from off course activities like Seal training).. I hope everyone doesn’t get carried away and pronounce him a outstanding person. Yes he is friendlier and more media savvy than he was in his prime. But nothing he will ever do can wipe away the fact that he endangered his wife and mother of his children every time he went on his frequent unprotected intercourse dalliances and returned home..

>

> Probably the greatest golfer of all time but no where near admirable off the course. Celebrate his fantastic achievement but don’t assign off the course the old golden child, all American family man BS the media was selling years ago to him prior to 2009..

Dude, nobody thinks he's an off-the-course golden boy. If they do, they probably also have some Nike golf clubs they bought in 2004 and haven't touched since 2010. His off the course behavior is well-documented. I'm sure he's mellowed a lot (having kids tends to do that), and I wouldn't be surprised if he's not chasing tail anymore (if only because it's a lot harder for celebs to do on the sly now than it was even 15 years ago, let alone in Arnie's heyday), but I don't expect to see him on the cover of Parenting magazine or some such.

• Like 1

> @"nohny noke" said:

> > @MadGolfer76 said:

> > Come back from what?

> > It isn't like life had it out for him. He made his own problems. Why are we giving people a pat on the head for doing what is expected of them anyway?

>

> Exactly. People ‘come back’ from illness and injury to lead productive lives all the time, everywhere. It’s just generally what humans do.

>

> I guess personally I’d just rather celebrate the people who weren’t major asshats to their wife/husband and kids.

>

>

If we parsed out pga tour plalyers on those criteria it would be Jordan spieth vs Luke Donald and Kevin Na in a 3 man field.

Hyperbole of course. But you could X out several top guys and many journeymen.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @"nohny noke" said:

> I think the bigger question is why do snowflakes get so angry when other people have unfavorable opinions about Tiger?

>

> It’s just a golf forum.

Why do people love to call those who express strong and differing opinions snowflakes?

It's perfectly fine to not like Tiger (he's certainly no saint), but trying to support the personal dislike of him as a person with declarations that his on-the-course accomplishments (specifically his comeback to win the 2019 Masters) aren't actually phenomenal is just plain silly.

> @bub72ck said:

> > @MadGolfer76 said:

> > > @ray9898 said:

> > > > @MadGolfer76 said:

> > >

> > > > What is it you think I am lying about?

> > > >

> > >

> > > No need in me retyping everything above. You were shown by several posters his exact record for those years which shows he continued to be successful up and to the point his physical injuries became apparent. You are trying to connect it to something else for what I can only assume is some personal agenda which you doubled down on by minimizing the severity of his back issues.

> > I'm not sure what you think people have shown me?

> > 5 wins on average per year from 1996 till 2008. 1-2 wins per year since then. If I am missing anything, it perhaps could be that others think that one outlier year out of 11 is the same as saying "nuh-uh!"

>

> But look at the wins compared to the number of starts. He's winning right at 30% of his starts. That's a crazy number. Over his entire career he's been in the Top 10 in 58% of his starts. If you take away the back injuries how high would that number be? I think Tiger's personal behavior is deplorable but you can't use that to reduce the magnitude of what he has come back from in regards to injuries.

Now that^ is a reasonable response. To be honest, I will have to think on it. Thank you.

Titleist Tsi3 9/Tensei White 65x

Titleist Tsi2 16.5/Tensei White 75x

Titleist 818 h2 21/Tensei White 95x

Mizuno Mp-20 mb 4-Pw/Dynamic Gold 120x

Mizuno T22 50, 54, 58/Dynamic Gold s400

Bettinardi Studio Stock #8

Titleist ProV1x

> @legitimategolf said:

> > @MadGolfer76 said:

> > Come back from what?

> > It isn't like life had it out for him. He made his own problems. Why are we giving people a pat on the head for doing what is expected of them anyway?

>

> Every year's Masters champion gets a "pat on the head" from the media. But let me get this straight. You think an exception should be made this year because it's Tiger Woods. The world must enrage you every single day.

Um...what?? lol

Titleist ProV1x

> @mosesgolf said:

> > @MadGolfer76 said:

> > > @ray9898 said:

> > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > No need in me retyping everything above. You were shown by several posters his exact record for those years which shows he continued to be successful up and to the point his physical injuries became apparent. You are trying to connect it to something else for what I can only assume is some personal agenda which you doubled down on by minimizing the severity of his back issues.

> > 5 wins on average per year from 1996 till 2008. 1-2 wins per year since then. If I am missing anything, it perhaps could be that others think that one outlier year out of 11 is the same as saying "nuh-uh!"

>

> > @MadGolfer76 said:

> > > @ray9898 said:

> > >

> > > >

> > >

>

> > @MadGolfer76 said:

> > > @ray9898 said:

> > >

> > > >

> > >

>

> > @MadGolfer76 said:

> > > @ray9898 said:

> > >

> > > >

> > >

>

> It’s a silly argument you are making if you say he won 1-2 times per year. You are using years when he was out of commission. 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and even 2018 shouldn’t be used in your lame stance.

You are missing the point, and letting yourself get upset at the same time. You are trying to say he wasn't in a slump because he was in a different kind of slump. It is all part of the same problem.

Titleist ProV1x

> @MadGolfer76 said:

> > @bub72ck said:

> > > @MadGolfer76 said:

> > > > @ray9898 said:

> > > > > @MadGolfer76 said:

> > > >

> > > > > What is it you think I am lying about?

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > No need in me retyping everything above. You were shown by several posters his exact record for those years which shows he continued to be successful up and to the point his physical injuries became apparent. You are trying to connect it to something else for what I can only assume is some personal agenda which you doubled down on by minimizing the severity of his back issues.

> > > I'm not sure what you think people have shown me?

> > > 5 wins on average per year from 1996 till 2008. 1-2 wins per year since then. If I am missing anything, it perhaps could be that others think that one outlier year out of 11 is the same as saying "nuh-uh!"

> >

> > But look at the wins compared to the number of starts. He's winning right at 30% of his starts. That's a crazy number. Over his entire career he's been in the Top 10 in 58% of his starts. If you take away the back injuries how high would that number be? I think Tiger's personal behavior is deplorable but you can't use that to reduce the magnitude of what he has come back from in regards to injuries.

>

> Now that^ is a reasonable response. To be honest, I will have to think on it. Thank you.

Yea the number of starts weighs heavily on the record. Look at Phil who I would argue is the second most successful player in the same stretch. He's winning 7.6% of his starts since 1996. So Tiger is winning 4x as much as the next best guy. How much higher is Phil than #3 (not even sure who that would be)? Tiger's Top-10 record in those starts is almost 60%. And, we're not even considering the strength of the fields he is competing against. It's the majors, WGC events, and most prominent events of the tour season.

• Like 1

Titleist TSr2 10* Tensei 1K Black 65X
Titleist TSr2 15* Tensei White 75X 
Titleist Tsi 22* Tensei White 95X
Titleist T150 NS Pro 120 X 4-PW
Vokey SM9 50*, 54* and 60* TT DGS400
SIK Pro Custom

> @MadGolfer76 said:

> > @mosesgolf said:

> > > @MadGolfer76 said:

> > > > @ray9898 said:

> > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > No need in me retyping everything above. You were shown by several posters his exact record for those years which shows he continued to be successful up and to the point his physical injuries became apparent. You are trying to connect it to something else for what I can only assume is some personal agenda which you doubled down on by minimizing the severity of his back issues.

> > > 5 wins on average per year from 1996 till 2008. 1-2 wins per year since then. If I am missing anything, it perhaps could be that others think that one outlier year out of 11 is the same as saying "nuh-uh!"

> >

> > > @MadGolfer76 said:

> > > > @ray9898 said:

> > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> >

> > > @MadGolfer76 said:

> > > > @ray9898 said:

> > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> >

> > > @MadGolfer76 said:

> > > > @ray9898 said:

> > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> >

> > It’s a silly argument you are making if you say he won 1-2 times per year. You are using years when he was out of commission. 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and even 2018 shouldn’t be used in your lame stance.

> You are missing the point, and letting yourself get upset at the same time. You are trying to say he wasn't in a slump because he was in a different kind of slump. It is all part of the same problem.

No, it is not the same problem. The adultery scandal caused a downturn in 2010-2011.

The injuries are a separate deal and happened after he got back to #1 in the world rankings. Please tell me how many of the young studs recently have won 5 times in a season. Tiger won 5 times in 2013 with a PLAYERS Championship and 2 WGC victories. Then the injuries started happening late in that 2013 season and continued over the next 4 years as he had several failed surgeries before the fusion surgery apparently worked for him in 2017.

> @redfirebird08 said:

> > @MadGolfer76 said:

> > > @mosesgolf said:

> > > > > @ray9898 said:

> > > > > > @MadGolfer76 said:

> > > > >

> > > > > > What is it you think I am lying about?

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > No need in me retyping everything above. You were shown by several posters his exact record for those years which shows he continued to be successful up and to the point his physical injuries became apparent. You are trying to connect it to something else for what I can only assume is some personal agenda which you doubled down on by minimizing the severity of his back issues.

> > > > I'm not sure what you think people have shown me?

> > > > 5 wins on average per year from 1996 till 2008. 1-2 wins per year since then. If I am missing anything, it perhaps could be that others think that one outlier year out of 11 is the same as saying "nuh-uh!"

> > >

> > > > > @ray9898 said:

> > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > No need in me retyping everything above. You were shown by several posters his exact record for those years which shows he continued to be successful up and to the point his physical injuries became apparent. You are trying to connect it to something else for what I can only assume is some personal agenda which you doubled down on by minimizing the severity of his back issues.

> > > > 5 wins on average per year from 1996 till 2008. 1-2 wins per year since then. If I am missing anything, it perhaps could be that others think that one outlier year out of 11 is the same as saying "nuh-uh!"

> > >

> > > > > @ray9898 said:

> > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > >

> > > > > @ray9898 said:

> > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > >

> > > It’s a silly argument you are making if you say he won 1-2 times per year. You are using years when he was out of commission. 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and even 2018 shouldn’t be used in your lame stance.

> > You are missing the point, and letting yourself get upset at the same time. You are trying to say he wasn't in a slump because he was in a different kind of slump. It is all part of the same problem.

>

> No, it is not the same problem. The adultery scandal caused a downturn in 2010-2011.

>

> The injuries are a separate deal and happened after he got back to #1 in the world rankings. Please tell me how many of the young studs recently have won 5 times in a season. Tiger won 5 times in 2013 with a PLAYERS Championship and 2 WGC victories. Then the injuries started happening late in that 2013 season and continued over the next 4 years as he had several failed surgeries before the fusion surgery apparently worked for him in 2017.

I've already said what I need to, but if a more subjective argument is easier to digest, then so be it. TW himself judges his progress by his major wins, as he has stated a number of times. 11 year draught = 11 year slump. What started that? Back problems might have hindered a permanent return to form, but it is what it is. Personally, I think they ran that excuse into the ground, injury or no. Is there really a point in trying to hammer away at a difference of opinion?

Titleist ProV1x

> @MadGolfer76 said:

> > @redfirebird08 said:

> > > @MadGolfer76 said:

> > > > @mosesgolf said:

> > > > > > @ray9898 said:

> > > > > > > @MadGolfer76 said:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > What is it you think I am lying about?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > No need in me retyping everything above. You were shown by several posters his exact record for those years which shows he continued to be successful up and to the point his physical injuries became apparent. You are trying to connect it to something else for what I can only assume is some personal agenda which you doubled down on by minimizing the severity of his back issues.

> > > > > I'm not sure what you think people have shown me?

> > > > > 5 wins on average per year from 1996 till 2008. 1-2 wins per year since then. If I am missing anything, it perhaps could be that others think that one outlier year out of 11 is the same as saying "nuh-uh!"

> > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > No need in me retyping everything above. You were shown by several posters his exact record for those years which shows he continued to be successful up and to the point his physical injuries became apparent. You are trying to connect it to something else for what I can only assume is some personal agenda which you doubled down on by minimizing the severity of his back issues.

> > > > > 5 wins on average per year from 1996 till 2008. 1-2 wins per year since then. If I am missing anything, it perhaps could be that others think that one outlier year out of 11 is the same as saying "nuh-uh!"

> > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > >

> > > > It’s a silly argument you are making if you say he won 1-2 times per year. You are using years when he was out of commission. 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and even 2018 shouldn’t be used in your lame stance.

> > > You are missing the point, and letting yourself get upset at the same time. You are trying to say he wasn't in a slump because he was in a different kind of slump. It is all part of the same problem.

> >

> > No, it is not the same problem. The adultery scandal caused a downturn in 2010-2011.

> >

> > The injuries are a separate deal and happened after he got back to #1 in the world rankings. Please tell me how many of the young studs recently have won 5 times in a season. Tiger won 5 times in 2013 with a PLAYERS Championship and 2 WGC victories. Then the injuries started happening late in that 2013 season and continued over the next 4 years as he had several failed surgeries before the fusion surgery apparently worked for him in 2017.

> I've already said what I need to, but if a more subjective argument is easier to digest, then so be it. TW himself judges his progress by his major wins, as he has stated a number of times. 11 year draught = 11 year slump. What started that? Back problems might have hindered a permanent return to form, but it is what it is. Personally, I think they ran that excuse into the ground, injury or no. Is there really a point in trying to hammer away at a difference of opinion?

>

i don't have a dog in this fight -- but i think what those who are opposing your posts are saying is that they're not opinions -- it's based on facts. you're saying the downfall is b/c of personal issues when it's been documented medically to have occurred during and after the personal issue time frame.

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

> @gioguy21 said:

> > @MadGolfer76 said:

> > > > > @mosesgolf said:

> > > > > > > @ray9898 said:

> > > > > > > > @MadGolfer76 said:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > What is it you think I am lying about?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > No need in me retyping everything above. You were shown by several posters his exact record for those years which shows he continued to be successful up and to the point his physical injuries became apparent. You are trying to connect it to something else for what I can only assume is some personal agenda which you doubled down on by minimizing the severity of his back issues.

> > > > > > I'm not sure what you think people have shown me?

> > > > > > 5 wins on average per year from 1996 till 2008. 1-2 wins per year since then. If I am missing anything, it perhaps could be that others think that one outlier year out of 11 is the same as saying "nuh-uh!"

> > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > No need in me retyping everything above. You were shown by several posters his exact record for those years which shows he continued to be successful up and to the point his physical injuries became apparent. You are trying to connect it to something else for what I can only assume is some personal agenda which you doubled down on by minimizing the severity of his back issues.

> > > > > > 5 wins on average per year from 1996 till 2008. 1-2 wins per year since then. If I am missing anything, it perhaps could be that others think that one outlier year out of 11 is the same as saying "nuh-uh!"

> > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > It’s a silly argument you are making if you say he won 1-2 times per year. You are using years when he was out of commission. 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and even 2018 shouldn’t be used in your lame stance.

> > > > You are missing the point, and letting yourself get upset at the same time. You are trying to say he wasn't in a slump because he was in a different kind of slump. It is all part of the same problem.

> > >

> > > No, it is not the same problem. The adultery scandal caused a downturn in 2010-2011.

> > >

> > > The injuries are a separate deal and happened after he got back to #1 in the world rankings. Please tell me how many of the young studs recently have won 5 times in a season. Tiger won 5 times in 2013 with a PLAYERS Championship and 2 WGC victories. Then the injuries started happening late in that 2013 season and continued over the next 4 years as he had several failed surgeries before the fusion surgery apparently worked for him in 2017.

> > I've already said what I need to, but if a more subjective argument is easier to digest, then so be it. TW himself judges his progress by his major wins, as he has stated a number of times. 11 year draught = 11 year slump. What started that? Back problems might have hindered a permanent return to form, but it is what it is. Personally, I think they ran that excuse into the ground, injury or no. Is there really a point in trying to hammer away at a difference of opinion?

> >

>

> i don't have a dog in this fight -- but i think what those who are opposing your posts are saying is that they're not opinions -- it's based on facts. you're saying the downfall is b/c of personal issues when it's been documented medically to have occurred during and after the personal issue time frame.

>

>

I'm saying the start of the downfall was because of personal issues, but what kept it from improving could be the medical issues, or swing problems, or opiate dependency, or relationship problems, or whatever his manager comes up with as the excuse du jour. If it makes it easier for people...what makes for a better story from a fan point of view? That he returned from a couple bad years, or a decade of poor play vs what he is capable of? Fandom is an odd country...

Titleist ProV1x

> @gioguy21 said:

> > @MadGolfer76 said:

> > > > > @mosesgolf said:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > It’s a silly argument you are making if you say he won 1-2 times per year. You are using years when he was out of commission. 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and even 2018 shouldn’t be used in your lame stance.

> > > > You are missing the point, and letting yourself get upset at the same time. You are trying to say he wasn't in a slump because he was in a different kind of slump. It is all part of the same problem.

> > >

> > > No, it is not the same problem. The adultery scandal caused a downturn in 2010-2011.

> > >

> > > The injuries are a separate deal and happened after he got back to #1 in the world rankings. Please tell me how many of the young studs recently have won 5 times in a season. Tiger won 5 times in 2013 with a PLAYERS Championship and 2 WGC victories. Then the injuries started happening late in that 2013 season and continued over the next 4 years as he had several failed surgeries before the fusion surgery apparently worked for him in 2017.

> > I've already said what I need to, but if a more subjective argument is easier to digest, then so be it. TW himself judges his progress by his major wins, as he has stated a number of times. 11 year draught = 11 year slump. What started that? Back problems might have hindered a permanent return to form, but it is what it is. Personally, I think they ran that excuse into the ground, injury or no. Is there really a point in trying to hammer away at a difference of opinion?

> >

>

> i don't have a dog in this fight -- but i think what those who are opposing your posts are saying is that they're not opinions -- it's based on facts. you're saying the downfall is b/c of personal issues when it's been documented medically to have occurred during and after the personal issue time frame.

>

>

It's not an opinion, it's a fact he was in terrible physical shape. 3 failed back surgeries until the fusion surgery and then it took him many months to even swing a club after that fusion surgery.

He went to the Champions Dinner at Augusta in 2017 and admitted in front of some of his archrivals that he was about to retire unless something drastic happened. He is a very arrogant/prideful person. I do not see him admitting something like this in front of the likes of Mickelson or Vijay unless it was a legitimately serious situation.

> @MadGolfer76 said:

> > @gioguy21 said:

> > > @MadGolfer76 said:

> > > > @redfirebird08 said:

> > > > > > @mosesgolf said:

> > > > > > > > @ray9898 said:

> > > > > > > > > @MadGolfer76 said:

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > What is it you think I am lying about?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > No need in me retyping everything above. You were shown by several posters his exact record for those years which shows he continued to be successful up and to the point his physical injuries became apparent. You are trying to connect it to something else for what I can only assume is some personal agenda which you doubled down on by minimizing the severity of his back issues.

> > > > > > > I'm not sure what you think people have shown me?

> > > > > > > 5 wins on average per year from 1996 till 2008. 1-2 wins per year since then. If I am missing anything, it perhaps could be that others think that one outlier year out of 11 is the same as saying "nuh-uh!"

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > No need in me retyping everything above. You were shown by several posters his exact record for those years which shows he continued to be successful up and to the point his physical injuries became apparent. You are trying to connect it to something else for what I can only assume is some personal agenda which you doubled down on by minimizing the severity of his back issues.

> > > > > > > 5 wins on average per year from 1996 till 2008. 1-2 wins per year since then. If I am missing anything, it perhaps could be that others think that one outlier year out of 11 is the same as saying "nuh-uh!"

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It’s a silly argument you are making if you say he won 1-2 times per year. You are using years when he was out of commission. 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and even 2018 shouldn’t be used in your lame stance.

> > > > > You are missing the point, and letting yourself get upset at the same time. You are trying to say he wasn't in a slump because he was in a different kind of slump. It is all part of the same problem.

> > > >

> > > > No, it is not the same problem. The adultery scandal caused a downturn in 2010-2011.

> > > >

> > > > The injuries are a separate deal and happened after he got back to #1 in the world rankings. Please tell me how many of the young studs recently have won 5 times in a season. Tiger won 5 times in 2013 with a PLAYERS Championship and 2 WGC victories. Then the injuries started happening late in that 2013 season and continued over the next 4 years as he had several failed surgeries before the fusion surgery apparently worked for him in 2017.

> > > I've already said what I need to, but if a more subjective argument is easier to digest, then so be it. TW himself judges his progress by his major wins, as he has stated a number of times. 11 year draught = 11 year slump. What started that? Back problems might have hindered a permanent return to form, but it is what it is. Personally, I think they ran that excuse into the ground, injury or no. Is there really a point in trying to hammer away at a difference of opinion?

> > >

> >

> > i don't have a dog in this fight -- but i think what those who are opposing your posts are saying is that they're not opinions -- it's based on facts. you're saying the downfall is b/c of personal issues when it's been documented medically to have occurred during and after the personal issue time frame.

> >

> >

> I'm saying the start of the downfall was because of personal issues, but what kept it from improving could be the medical issues, or swing problems, or opiate dependency, or relationship problems, or whatever his manager comes up with as the excuse du jour. If it makes it easier for people...what makes for a better story from a fan point of view? That he returned from a couple bad years, or a decade of poor play vs what he is capable of? Fandom is an odd country...

>

they were stating that he's had documented medical issues before, during and after the personal issues. despite what you consider excuses, those are real facts about his medical conditions. if you can't accept facts -- that's not 'fandom'.

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

Threads been cleaned up a bit, keep the politics off GolfWRX. And this topic is about the SI article, not yet another debate about whether or not you like Tiger Woods. We've got plenty of threads for that on here already. I'm not going to clean out all the posts, but please get back on topic.

Callaway Rogue ST Max LS, Tensei White 65S
Taylormade BRNR Mini, 11.5*, GD AD-IZ 7X

Taylormade Sim Ti 18*, GD AD-IZ 7X

Taylormade Qi 4i, Dart 90 S

Taylormade P790 5i - 6i, MMT 105 S +1"

Taylormade P770 7i-AW, MMT 105 S +1"

Taylormade MG 3 56*, & 60*, MMT 105 S +1"
Taylormade MyTP Juno Long Neck, 35"

> @Lamb said:

> > @Noke said:

> > I think the bigger question is why do snowflakes get so angry when other people have unfavorable opinions about Tiger?

> >

> > It’s just a golf forum.

>

> Lets get one fact right the #metoo movement and insecure anti Tiger bunch are the biggest snowflakes when it comes to whining about Tiger lol. Same whiny bunch crying about his past with women. Suck it up - only Alpha men root for Tiger, that's why POTUS is giving him that honor. He recognizes a fellow Alpha :)

I know, right. Alpha males should be able to rape and pillage to their hearts content.

I like Tiger. Can't stand "fans" like you.

When is the ignore button going to be ready?

• Like 1

Driver #1: Callaway Epic Max LS, 9°

Driver #2: Adams Speedline F11, 9.5°

Fairway: Callaway Rogue ST Max LS, 18°

Utility Iron: Titleist 718 AP3, 19°

Irons: Titleist 718 AP1, 5-GW, 24°-48°
UW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 52°F

LW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 60°D
Putter: Cameron Studio Style Newport 2.5, 33"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B RX
Bag: Sun Mountain Metro Sunday Bag