Tiger Roars Again: Golf's Greatest Comeback Is Complete - Sports Illustrated Cover with No Words....

dropkicked

> @KillerPenguin said:

> > @"nohny noke" said:

> > I think the bigger question is why do snowflakes get so angry when other people have unfavorable opinions about Tiger?

> >

> > It’s just a golf forum.

>

> Why do people love to call those who express strong and differing opinions snowflakes?

> It's perfectly fine to not like Tiger (he's certainly no saint), but trying to support the personal dislike of him as a person with declarations that his on-the-course accomplishments (specifically his comeback to win the 2019 Masters) aren't actually phenomenal is just plain silly.

His accomplishments in the game of golf are great, but I'd like to put his work in context of all the other professions in the world, and in that light its just meh. To me golf is entertainment, unlike taking a picture of a black hole or some crazy thing like that.

I do apologize for the snowflake comment, though. It was typed partially in jest, as the people who have a more difficult time separating Tiger the man from Tiger the golfer are the ones usually called snowflakes.

> @oikos1 said:

> > @Hawkeye77 said:

> > > @Hawkeye77 said:

> > > > @oikos1 said:

> > > > IDK. This is what he was wearing the final day:

> > > >

> > > > 7u0d4p80gmbb.png

> > > >

> > > >

> > > Graham was done with his round Sunday by the time Nicklaus teed off and Norman was several groups back and not wearing that outfit.

> >

> > Impossible for them to be together on Sunday. And no threesomes.

>

>

> Oh, I know. Just noting how times have changed.

Must be a practice round, he might be wearing the same trousers and a slightly different shirt....or Barbara was doing laundry for him that week at their rental house. :) They didn't have "scripted" fashion wear for them in those days....probably just picked some stuff out of the old closet and packed the suitcase on Monday morning.

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

That is a great cover and 100% fitting for the occasion. It really captures the emotion, imo, of 1. a tour victory, 2. a major victory and 3. the comeback. This cover and "pat on the head" would not be the same had it been any other golfer winning. That is the magic of the this particular cover that no words could convey and i'm glad the only words are the title of the publication.

I may very well go buy SI issue for the cover.

> @Noke said:

> > @MadGolfer76 said:

> > Come back from what?

> > It isn't like life had it out for him. He made his own problems. Why are we giving people a pat on the head for doing what is expected of them anyway?

>

> Exactly. People ‘come back’ from illness and injury to lead productive lives all the time, everywhere. It’s just generally what humans do.

>

> I guess personally I’d just rather celebrate the people who weren’t major asshats to their wife/husband and kids.

>

>

I'm guessing you're a golfer. And I'm guessing you have golf friends. Is that correct?

Because if you do, no matter how you slice it, a sizable percentage of your friends (golfers or otherwise) have cheated on their spouse at one time or another. Do you disown or shun a friend if he cheats on a spouse? What about all of those who have done it that you don't know about? If you disown your friends and/or family members when they have an affair, then you would be consistent if you do it with Tiger, too. But if you don't, then you're a hypocrite. I'd be very surprised if the latter is not correct since we generally have plenty of guy friends and we don't typically kick a friend or family member to the curb just because he was unfaithful.

But hey, you be you.

Buster Scruggs puts it best: "...I don't hate my fellow man, even when he's tiresome and surly and tries to cheat at poker. I figure that's just the human material, and him that finds in it cause for anger and dismay is just a fool for expecting better."

PING G400 Max - Atmos Tour Spec Red - 65s
Titleist TSi2 16.5* 4w - Tensei Blue - 65s

Titleist TSi2 3H (18*), 4H (21*) - Tensei Blue 65s
Adams Idea Tech V4 5H, 6H, 7H ProLaunch Blue 75 HY x-stiff
Titleist AP2 716 8i 37* KBS Tour S; Titleist AP2 716 9i 42* KBS Tour S
Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 46* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 50* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 full-sole 56* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 low-bounce 60* DG s400
PING Sigma 2 Valor 400 Counter-Balanced, 38"

> I'm guessing you're a golfer. And I'm guessing you have golf friends. Is that correct?

>

> Because if you do, no matter how you slice it, a sizable percentage of your friends (golfers or otherwise) have cheated on their spouse at one time or another. Do you disown or shun a friend if he cheats on a spouse? What about all of those who have done it that you don't know about? If you disown your friends and/or family members when they have an affair, then you would be consistent if you do it with Tiger, too. But if you don't, then you're a hypocrite. I'd be very surprised if the latter is not correct since we generally have plenty of guy friends and we don't typically kick a friend or family member to the curb just because he was unfaithful.

>

> But hey, you be you.

>

> Buster Scruggs puts it best: "...I don't hate my fellow man, even when he's tiresome and surly and tries to cheat at poker. I figure that's just the human material, and him that finds in it cause for anger and dismay is just a fool for expecting better."

>

I think you're making a false equivalence here.

The 'relationship' I have with Tiger Woods and the relationship I have with my own friends and family are not the same. I am far less willing to 'kick someone to the curb' that I know intimately.

Also, there is a difference between disowning a person and simply not celebrating someone.

• Like 1

\> @Noke said:

> > I'm guessing you're a golfer. And I'm guessing you have golf friends. Is that correct?

> >

> > Because if you do, no matter how you slice it, a sizable percentage of your friends (golfers or otherwise) have cheated on their spouse at one time or another. Do you disown or shun a friend if he cheats on a spouse? What about all of those who have done it that you don't know about? If you disown your friends and/or family members when they have an affair, then you would be consistent if you do it with Tiger, too. But if you don't, then you're a hypocrite. I'd be very surprised if the latter is not correct since we generally have plenty of guy friends and we don't typically kick a friend or family member to the curb just because he was unfaithful.

> >

> > But hey, you be you.

> >

> > Buster Scruggs puts it best: "...I don't hate my fellow man, even when he's tiresome and surly and tries to cheat at poker. I figure that's just the human material, and him that finds in it cause for anger and dismay is just a fool for expecting better."

> >

>

> I think you're making a false equivalence here.

>

> The 'relationship' I have with Tiger Woods and the relationship I have with my own friends and family are not the same. I am far less willing to 'kick someone to the curb' that I know intimately.

>

> Also, there is a difference between disowning a person and simply not celebrating someone.

>

>

I respect your opinion. Just curious, let's say you had the opportunity to play a round with TW and have lunch. Would you turn it down? I assume that you would.

• Like 1

Tigers Masters win was awesome. Calling it the biggest comeback in golf history is a bit of a reach but I get it. I still think Hogans return to golf and winning was the biggest in golf history even if the competition was not as good. Hogan should have never been able to golf ever again.

• Like 1

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

> @Noke said:

> > I'm guessing you're a golfer. And I'm guessing you have golf friends. Is that correct?

> >

> > Because if you do, no matter how you slice it, a sizable percentage of your friends (golfers or otherwise) have cheated on their spouse at one time or another. Do you disown or shun a friend if he cheats on a spouse? What about all of those who have done it that you don't know about? If you disown your friends and/or family members when they have an affair, then you would be consistent if you do it with Tiger, too. But if you don't, then you're a hypocrite. I'd be very surprised if the latter is not correct since we generally have plenty of guy friends and we don't typically kick a friend or family member to the curb just because he was unfaithful.

> >

> > But hey, you be you.

> >

> > Buster Scruggs puts it best: "...I don't hate my fellow man, even when he's tiresome and surly and tries to cheat at poker. I figure that's just the human material, and him that finds in it cause for anger and dismay is just a fool for expecting better."

> >

>

> I think you're making a false equivalence here.

>

> The 'relationship' I have with Tiger Woods and the relationship I have with my own friends and family are not the same. I am far less willing to 'kick someone to the curb' that I know intimately.

>

> Also, there is a difference between disowning a person and simply not celebrating someone.

>

>

Of course the relationships are not the same.

While what you claim to do is certainly common (judging those close to themselves with one standard and "others" with a completely different one), it is not something to be defended or rationalized away. On the contrary, when pointed out, it should lead to (at the least) reflection — precisely because it is so hypocritical.

What was your "relationship" with Tiger Woods prior to your decision to stop "celebrating" him?

Would/do you stop celebrating the accomplishments of unfaithful friends/family?

> @Obee said:

> Of course the relationships are not the same.

>

> While what you claim to do is certainly common (judging those close to themselves with one standard and "others" with a completely different one), it is not something to be defended or rationalized away. On the contrary, when pointed out, it should lead to (at the least) reflection — precisely because it is so hypocritical.

>

> What was your "relationship" with Tiger Woods prior to your decision to stop "celebrating" him?

>

> Would/do you stop celebrating the accomplishments of unfaithful friends/family?

>

I try not to judge people close to me any differently than someone I do not know. What I think of the act of infidelity is the same whether it be my brother or my neighbor down the street or a dead person. How I choose to treat those people does vary, though, based on how close my relationship is/was with them.

My 'relationship' with Tiger is a nothing burger, which is why I put it in quotes. It is a lot easier for me to not care about Tiger's accomplishments than say, my father, who has also worked his whole life to achieve his goals.

And yes, I would stop celebrating the accomplishments of unfaithful friends/family if the circumstances warranted. In fact, I have done that before, and with some people (the narcissistic ones especially) it is necessary.

• Like 1

> @Noke said:

> > @Obee said:

>

> > Of course the relationships are not the same.

> >

> > While what you claim to do is certainly common (judging those close to themselves with one standard and "others" with a completely different one), it is not something to be defended or rationalized away. On the contrary, when pointed out, it should lead to (at the least) reflection — precisely because it is so hypocritical.

> >

> > What was your "relationship" with Tiger Woods prior to your decision to stop "celebrating" him?

> >

> > Would/do you stop celebrating the accomplishments of unfaithful friends/family?

> >

>

> I try not to judge people close to me any differently than someone I do not know. What I think of the act of infidelity is the same whether it be my brother or my neighbor down the street or a dead person. How I choose to treat those people does vary, though, based on how close my relationship is/was with them.

>

> My 'relationship' with Tiger is a nothing burger, which is why I put it in quotes. It is a lot easier for me to not care about Tiger's accomplishments than say, my father, who has also worked his whole life to achieve his goals.

>

> And yes, I would stop celebrating the accomplishments of unfaithful friends/family if the circumstances warranted. In fact, I have done that before, and with some people (the narcissistic ones especially) it is necessary.

>

Thank you for the thoughtful responses on a touchy subject. :-)

> @Noke said:

> > @bscinstnct said:

> > I respect your opinion. Just curious, let's say you had the opportunity to play a round with TW and have lunch. Would you turn it down? I assume that you would.

>

> Great question. I haven't ever thought about it, but my gut reaction to your question would be as you guessed: to say no.

>

That's interesting so Colin montgomerie ,Nick Faldo ,Greg Norman, possibly Tom Watson and a whole other slew of politicians, scientists, and entertainers you'd refuse have lunch with.

> @bscinstnct said:

> > @Noke said:

> > > @bscinstnct said:

> > > I respect your opinion. Just curious, let's say you had the opportunity to play a round with TW and have lunch. Would you turn it down? I assume that you would.

> >

> > Great question. I haven't ever thought about it, but my gut reaction to your question would be as you guessed: to say no.

> >

>

> That's interesting so Colin montgomerie ,Nick Faldo ,Greg Norman, possibly Tom Watson and a whole other slew of politicians, scientists, and entertainers you'd refuse have lunch with.

Yes, this is what I don't get. Would you not have lunch with Arnie, were he alive?

Marital/relationship infidelity is a complicated human failing that seems to afflict millions and millions of the species. It's not like murder where only a tiny sliver of the population engages. It's lying combined with sex -- both of which just about every member of the population engages in in one way or another at one time or another for reasons innumerable.

What is it that makes it so hard for so many of us to forgive that? I don't get it. And if you can forgive it in those close to you, why in the world would it ever be an issue for anyone if a sports hero or favorite actor were to be caught cheating?

I just don't get it -- and I have personal experience as the "cheatee" from my first marriage.

• Like 1

Hyperbolic title. It's not the greatest comeback in golf. Hogan was _literally_ on his deathbed after _literally_ being hit by a Greyhound bus. 16 months later he won the US Open. Tiger had some self-inflicted damage to his psyche and a bad back. I'm on record as hoping he beats the hell out of these modern Tour brats and gets to 19 majors but, come on, getting caught bedding some skeezers and having a back fusion does not equal the physical torment that Hogan had to endure for the rest of his life after his accident.

I realize we're in the afterglow right now of a monumental sports achievement and we're flushed with excitement at getting two new Tiger threads per hour but history did not start on April 14, 2019. Let's have just a little bit of perspective.

• Like 1

> @bscinstnct said:

> > @Noke said:

> > > @bscinstnct said:

> > > I respect your opinion. Just curious, let's say you had the opportunity to play a round with TW and have lunch. Would you turn it down? I assume that you would.

> >

> > Great question. I haven't ever thought about it, but my gut reaction to your question would be as you guessed: to say no.

> >

>

> That's interesting so Colin montgomerie ,Nick Faldo ,Greg Norman, possibly Tom Watson and a whole other slew of politicians, scientists, and entertainers you'd refuse have lunch with.

Can’t say that I know the specifics of all those names you have listed, but no, probably I wouldn’t have lunch with most of those people. Mostly because I don’t care so much for those with influence, but their infidelities/personal character would play a role in that choice.

Sorry, I guess?

> @Obee said:

> Yes, this is what I don't get. Would you not have lunch with Arnie, were he alive?

>

> Marital/relationship infidelity is a complicated human failing that seems to afflict millions and millions of the species. It's not like murder where only a tiny sliver of the population engages. It's lying combined with **** -- both of which just about every member of the population engages in in one way or another at one time or another for reasons innumerable.

>

> What is it that makes it so hard for so many of us to forgive that? I don't get it. And if you can forgive it in those close to you, why in the world would it ever be an issue for anyone if a sports hero or favorite actor were to be caught cheating?

>

> I just don't get it -- and I have personal experience as the "cheatee" from my first marriage.

I would say that forgiveness is different than general dislike or non-fandom of an athlete. I don't feel like I am in a position to need to forgive Tiger, as he has owed me nothing. I do have the need to try to forgive those closest to me. Their lives intersect with my family's and my own and we share a familial/social contract to be kind and true to each other. (I have the need to forgive myself as well.)

So for me to not like Tiger because of his past transgressions ain't no thang.

Not sure if I would have lunch with Arnie, were he alive. I mean, I like the game of golf, and I like to play golf, but I certainly don't revere the legends of the game the same way that some do. They are just regular people who have reached their goals in life. Lots of folk like that to have lunch with that live right on my block.

> > @Obee said:

>

> > Yes, this is what I don't get. Would you not have lunch with Arnie, were he alive?

> >

> > Marital/relationship infidelity is a complicated human failing that seems to afflict millions and millions of the species. It's not like murder where only a tiny sliver of the population engages. It's lying combined with **** -- both of which just about every member of the population engages in in one way or another at one time or another for reasons innumerable.

> >

> > What is it that makes it so hard for so many of us to forgive that? I don't get it. And if you can forgive it in those close to you, why in the world would it ever be an issue for anyone if a sports hero or favorite actor were to be caught cheating?

> >

> > I just don't get it -- and I have personal experience as the "cheatee" from my first marriage.

>

> I would say that forgiveness is different than general dislike or non-fandom of an athlete. I don't feel like I am in a position to need to forgive Tiger, as he has owed me nothing. I do have the need to try to forgive those closest to me. Their lives intersect with my family's and my own and we share a familial/social contract to be kind and true to each other. (I have the need to forgive myself as well.)

>

> So for me to not like Tiger because of his past transgressions ain't no thang.

>

> Not sure if I would have lunch with Arnie, were he alive. I mean, I like the game of golf, and I like to play golf, but I certainly don't revere the legends of the game the same way that some do. They are just regular people who have reached their goals in life. Lots of folk like that to have lunch with that live right on my block.

>

Are you a fan of any athlete?

> @tatertot said:

> > @Lamb said:

> > > @Noke said:

> > > I think the bigger question is why do snowflakes get so angry when other people have unfavorable opinions about Tiger?

> > >

> > > It’s just a golf forum.

> >

> > Lets get one fact right the #metoo movement and insecure anti Tiger bunch are the biggest snowflakes when it comes to whining about Tiger lol. Same whiny bunch crying about his past with women. Suck it up - only Alpha men root for Tiger, that's why POTUS is giving him that honor. He recognizes a fellow Alpha :)

>

> I know, right. Alpha males should be able to rape and pillage to their hearts content.

>

> I like Tiger. Can't stand "fans" like you.

>

> When is the ignore button going to be ready?

Large leap there no?

Are we talking actual alphas or the betas with the “ which way to the weight room top half and the riding a chicken bottom half. Driving the jacked up black wheeled trucks etc “ > @Obee said:

> > @bscinstnct said:

> > > @Noke said:

> > > > @bscinstnct said:

> > > > I respect your opinion. Just curious, let's say you had the opportunity to play a round with TW and have lunch. Would you turn it down? I assume that you would.

> > >

> > > Great question. I haven't ever thought about it, but my gut reaction to your question would be as you guessed: to say no.

> > >

> >

> > That's interesting so Colin montgomerie ,Nick Faldo ,Greg Norman, possibly Tom Watson and a whole other slew of politicians, scientists, and entertainers you'd refuse have lunch with.

>

> Yes, this is what I don't get. Would you not have lunch with Arnie, were he alive?

>

> Marital/relationship infidelity is a complicated human failing that seems to afflict millions and millions of the species. It's not like murder where only a tiny sliver of the population engages. It's lying combined with **** -- both of which just about every member of the population engages in in one way or another at one time or another for reasons innumerable.

>

> What is it that makes it so hard for so many of us to forgive that? I don't get it. And if you can forgive it in those close to you, why in the world would it ever be an issue for anyone if a sports hero or favorite actor were to be caught cheating?

>

> I just don't get it -- and I have personal experience as the "cheatee" from my first marriage.

Let’s just say there are other factors at play for Tiger. It’s not the cheating it’s who he’s cheated on. If his wife had filled out her census form the same as tiger. Most would care a lot less. That’s as much as I can say.

Back to the point of the thread. Great cover pic.

• Like 1

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock