Champions tour vs PGA tour....

Titleist99

> @Titleist99 said:

> > @JaNelson38 said:

> > > @Titleist99 said:

> > > I read a thread about Hale Irwin. He was one of my favorite players because he knew his limitations. While he was one of the oldest players to win on the PGA tour, he went to the Champions tour and became one of the winningest players on that tour. My question is.....Is better to go dominate on the champions tour or bottom feed on the regular tour ? I know the money is double on the PGA tour but look at Steve Stricker, he's won more money this year on the champions tour while playing both.....Distance is not a problem seeing as how these Champions are hitting it farther now than they did in their prime.

> >

> > If Strick gets hot with the putter, his game is still good enough to still win on the PGA Tour. He said he wants to play all of the Champions Tour majors this year, but he's going to try to play enough on the regular tour to get enough points to regain his Tour card for next year (he is using his one-time career earnings exemption to play this year). So for him, the regular PGA Tour still very much takes precedent over the Champions Tour.

>

> I'm aware of the fact that he still has PGAtour status and he has stated on interviews that he wants to play on the main tour but my question is should a player play for making the cut or make a top 20. If winning is a priority then he should go where he has the best chance to win. By the way he has made more money on the Champions Tour than the main tour this year.

He should play where he wants to play. He's earned that right.

> @JAMH03 said:

> > @buckeyefl said:

> > > @JAMH03 said:

> > > They all say... they're going to hang out on the PGA tour for as long as they can... then they end up focusing on the Senior tour.

> > >

> > > As always better is going to be relative to what the player wants to do.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Actually very few say that. The hang around as long as they can and compete when they can to keep their games sharp before turning 50. The VAST majority do not hang around once the hit 50 and those that do compete on the PGA mostly do so because of sponsors, past champions status or the course really suits their game. Hanging out as long as you can with a tour that pays so well is not really a bad idea though if you can still make cuts.

>

> Not even sure what you're disagreeing with?

>

> When I say they all say that I mean most of the one's I listen to or care about say that they still think they have some noise to make on the regular tour and will spend time there.

>

> Then their actions show they focus on the senior tour. Maybe you and I are listening to players at different times IDK?

>

>

Disagreeing with "they all" but I thought that was obvious.

You are listening to the very top players then because most, even many with pretty good careers, do not say they "have noise to make". Most players try to hang on as long as they can but their results dwindle as they near 50 and they happily move along. A lot of it is about $$$.

> @golfandfishing said:

> Not in terms of the Hall of Fame, the subject of the question. 8 wins and a handful of top tens at majors won’t get you on the ballot. But his senior career coupled with his minority status and third world upbringing put him squarely in the HOF. Aside from media and administration he must be, by far, the least qualified based on an under 50 playing record.

>

> > @grm24 said:

> > > @golfandfishing said:

> > > Chi Chi Rodriguez had a relatively nothing of a Pga tour career and a splendid Sr Pga Tour career and is in the hall of fame.

> > >

> > Chi-Chi won 8 times on the PGA Tour. That's a pretty good step above a relatively nothing career.

> >

>

>

There are some players in the WGHOF with less wins on the PGA Tour than Chi Chi. My point is calling his career relatively nothing, HOF related discussion or not, is not accurate.

Can you name a player with a weaker playing record in the HOF? I haven’t looked into it, but there isn’t anyone I can think of with so few wins in the HOF except the architects and administrators. Fred Couples gets bagged on within this board for being in the HOF with 15 wins because that isn’t enough.

> @Titleist99 said:

> > @dlygrisse said:

> > > @Titleist99 said:

> > > I think Vijay Singh could have dominated the Champions Tour had he embraced it at the age of fifty, but he could not let it go.

> >

> > yeah, so? Why would he hang out with a bunch of "has beens" when he can still compete on the biggest stage in the world? He made tons of money, that's not the issue, he like competing. The Senior tour was big in the 1980's because it gave guys like Trevino, Chi Chi, Colbert, then Irwin, a chance to earn some real money as the tour didn't really make anyone rich back in the day. Only guys like Palmer, Nicklaus and Watson really made a lot, and that was mostly from outside business interests. Those guys needed the money to retire comfortably. If I were Phil I would NOT play...maybe the US Senior Open, or British, but thats it. Tiger, no freaking way....why destroy your back chasing senior tour wins when you are a billionaire? As for guys like Stricker....I guess it's whether or not they like hanging out and traveling with old friends, does the competitive fire still burn? Trevino called the Senior tour his annuity, he was dead broke, and became the best senior ever till Irwin came along. Jack just did it for fun, and usually won when he played.

> While I agree with most of what you are saying.....I have to say that the object of being competitive is winning, picking up the trophy. I would rather rule in **** than serve in heaven (so to speak). The lower tier guys may play ffor money but the others play for the thrill of victory. The best years on the Champion tour is from 50-55....don't waste them trying to make the cut on the junior tour. Phil do not have many 50 year old friend out there....LOL!

>

So by this logic DJ should go play on mini tours because it’s easier to win? Some guys want to compete against the best no matter their age

> @ksgolfcoach said:

> > @Titleist99 said:

> > > @dlygrisse said:

> > > > @Titleist99 said:

> > > > I think Vijay Singh could have dominated the Champions Tour had he embraced it at the age of fifty, but he could not let it go.

> > >

> > > yeah, so? Why would he hang out with a bunch of "has beens" when he can still compete on the biggest stage in the world? He made tons of money, that's not the issue, he like competing. The Senior tour was big in the 1980's because it gave guys like Trevino, Chi Chi, Colbert, then Irwin, a chance to earn some real money as the tour didn't really make anyone rich back in the day. Only guys like Palmer, Nicklaus and Watson really made a lot, and that was mostly from outside business interests. Those guys needed the money to retire comfortably. If I were Phil I would NOT play...maybe the US Senior Open, or British, but thats it. Tiger, no freaking way....why destroy your back chasing senior tour wins when you are a billionaire? As for guys like Stricker....I guess it's whether or not they like hanging out and traveling with old friends, does the competitive fire still burn? Trevino called the Senior tour his annuity, he was dead broke, and became the best senior ever till Irwin came along. Jack just did it for fun, and usually won when he played.

> > While I agree with most of what you are saying.....I have to say that the object of being competitive is winning, picking up the trophy. I would rather rule in **** than serve in heaven (so to speak). The lower tier guys may play ffor money but the others play for the thrill of victory. The best years on the Champion tour is from 50-55....don't waste them trying to make the cut on the junior tour. Phil do not have many 50 year old friend out there....LOL!

> >

> So by this logic DJ should go play on mini tours because it’s easier to win? Some guys want to compete against the best no matter their age

>

>

>

> @ksgolfcoach said:

> > @Titleist99 said:

> > > @dlygrisse said:

> > > > I think Vijay Singh could have dominated the Champions Tour had he embraced it at the age of fifty, but he could not let it go.

> > >

> > > yeah, so? Why would he hang out with a bunch of "has beens" when he can still compete on the biggest stage in the world? He made tons of money, that's not the issue, he like competing. The Senior tour was big in the 1980's because it gave guys like Trevino, Chi Chi, Colbert, then Irwin, a chance to earn some real money as the tour didn't really make anyone rich back in the day. Only guys like Palmer, Nicklaus and Watson really made a lot, and that was mostly from outside business interests. Those guys needed the money to retire comfortably. If I were Phil I would NOT play...maybe the US Senior Open, or British, but thats it. Tiger, no freaking way....why destroy your back chasing senior tour wins when you are a billionaire? As for guys like Stricker....I guess it's whether or not they like hanging out and traveling with old friends, does the competitive fire still burn? Trevino called the Senior tour his annuity, he was dead broke, and became the best senior ever till Irwin came along. Jack just did it for fun, and usually won when he played.

> > While I agree with most of what you are saying.....I have to say that the object of being competitive is winning, picking up the trophy. I would rather rule in **** than serve in heaven (so to speak). The lower tier guys may play ffor money but the others play for the thrill of victory. The best years on the Champion tour is from 50-55....don't waste them trying to make the cut on the junior tour. Phil do not have many 50 year old friend out there....LOL!

> >

> So by this logic DJ should go play on mini tours because it’s easier to win? Some guys want to compete against the best no matter their age

>

>

>

What I'm saying is that Kenny Perry (missed cut), David Toms-(31st / $39,663) Should have played the Champions tour and let a young player have a chance. While Jim Furyk came in 13th - $136,875, he could dominate the Champions tour and win about $400K instead of trying to make cuts. Remember, in the history of the PGA tour only 7 players have won over the age of 50, one being Sam Snead.

> @Titleist99 said:

> > @ksgolfcoach said:

> > > @Titleist99 said:

> > > > @dlygrisse said:

> > > > > @Titleist99 said:

> > > > > I think Vijay Singh could have dominated the Champions Tour had he embraced it at the age of fifty, but he could not let it go.

> > > >

> > > > yeah, so? Why would he hang out with a bunch of "has beens" when he can still compete on the biggest stage in the world? He made tons of money, that's not the issue, he like competing. The Senior tour was big in the 1980's because it gave guys like Trevino, Chi Chi, Colbert, then Irwin, a chance to earn some real money as the tour didn't really make anyone rich back in the day. Only guys like Palmer, Nicklaus and Watson really made a lot, and that was mostly from outside business interests. Those guys needed the money to retire comfortably. If I were Phil I would NOT play...maybe the US Senior Open, or British, but thats it. Tiger, no freaking way....why destroy your back chasing senior tour wins when you are a billionaire? As for guys like Stricker....I guess it's whether or not they like hanging out and traveling with old friends, does the competitive fire still burn? Trevino called the Senior tour his annuity, he was dead broke, and became the best senior ever till Irwin came along. Jack just did it for fun, and usually won when he played.

> > > While I agree with most of what you are saying.....I have to say that the object of being competitive is winning, picking up the trophy. I would rather rule in **** than serve in heaven (so to speak). The lower tier guys may play ffor money but the others play for the thrill of victory. The best years on the Champion tour is from 50-55....don't waste them trying to make the cut on the junior tour. Phil do not have many 50 year old friend out there....LOL!

> > >

> > So by this logic DJ should go play on mini tours because it’s easier to win? Some guys want to compete against the best no matter their age

> >

> >

> >

>

> > @ksgolfcoach said:

> > > @Titleist99 said:

> > > > @dlygrisse said:

> > > > > I think Vijay Singh could have dominated the Champions Tour had he embraced it at the age of fifty, but he could not let it go.

> > > >

> > > > yeah, so? Why would he hang out with a bunch of "has beens" when he can still compete on the biggest stage in the world? He made tons of money, that's not the issue, he like competing. The Senior tour was big in the 1980's because it gave guys like Trevino, Chi Chi, Colbert, then Irwin, a chance to earn some real money as the tour didn't really make anyone rich back in the day. Only guys like Palmer, Nicklaus and Watson really made a lot, and that was mostly from outside business interests. Those guys needed the money to retire comfortably. If I were Phil I would NOT play...maybe the US Senior Open, or British, but thats it. Tiger, no freaking way....why destroy your back chasing senior tour wins when you are a billionaire? As for guys like Stricker....I guess it's whether or not they like hanging out and traveling with old friends, does the competitive fire still burn? Trevino called the Senior tour his annuity, he was dead broke, and became the best senior ever till Irwin came along. Jack just did it for fun, and usually won when he played.

> > > While I agree with most of what you are saying.....I have to say that the object of being competitive is winning, picking up the trophy. I would rather rule in **** than serve in heaven (so to speak). The lower tier guys may play ffor money but the others play for the thrill of victory. The best years on the Champion tour is from 50-55....don't waste them trying to make the cut on the junior tour. Phil do not have many 50 year old friend out there....LOL!

> > >

> > So by this logic DJ should go play on mini tours because it’s easier to win? Some guys want to compete against the best no matter their age

> >

> >

> >

>

> What I'm saying is that Kenny Perry (missed cut), David Toms-(31st / $39,663) Should have played the Champions tour and let a young player have a chance. While Jim Furyk came in 13th - $136,875, he could dominate the Champions tour and win about $400K instead of trying to make cuts. Remember, in the history of the PGA tour only 7 players have won over the age of 50, one being Sam Snead.

If the only thing these guys were worried about is making money, then you MIGHT have argument. But the whole "let a younger guy have a chance" argument is so ridiculous I can't believe people keep bringing it up. Guess what, the old guys earned it, why can't the young guys earn it? If they are good enough, they would be playing.

• Like 1

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

> @Titleist99 said:

> > @ksgolfcoach said:

> > > @Titleist99 said:

> > > > @dlygrisse said:

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

>

> > @ksgolfcoach said:

> > > @Titleist99 said:

> > > > @dlygrisse said:

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

>

> What I'm saying is that Kenny Perry (missed cut), David Toms-(31st / $39,663) Should have played the Champions tour and let a young player have a chance. While Jim Furyk came in 13th - $136,875, he could dominate the Champions tour and win about $400K instead of trying to make cuts. Remember, in the history of the PGA tour only 7 players have won over the age of 50, one being Sam Snead.

These guys are still competitors. The PGA Tour is still the top dog in golf, so guys will want to play there as long as they can, with any means available. They've earned the exemptions they use, whether it be past champions of a certain event or money earned over their career.

There are plenty of guys out there in the "old guard" who still play at a very high level, and even compete for wins. DL3 won a couple years ago at age 51. Vijay Singh was in the middle of it all at the Honda Classic earlier this year. Jim Furyk nearly won the Players and has 8 top-25 finishes out of 14 events this year.

Steve Stricker got an invitation from Jack to play the Memorial this week because of his past champion status. What, is he supposed to say "no" because he feels a "young guy" on the alternate list should play instead, while because of his age he should tee it up on the Champions Tour in Des Moines instead? That's absurd.

> @JaNelson38 said:

> > @Titleist99 said:

> > > @ksgolfcoach said:

> > > > > @dlygrisse said:

> > > > > > @Titleist99 said:

> > > > > > I think Vijay Singh could have dominated the Champions Tour had he embraced it at the age of fifty, but he could not let it go.

> > > > >

> > > > > yeah, so? Why would he hang out with a bunch of "has beens" when he can still compete on the biggest stage in the world? He made tons of money, that's not the issue, he like competing. The Senior tour was big in the 1980's because it gave guys like Trevino, Chi Chi, Colbert, then Irwin, a chance to earn some real money as the tour didn't really make anyone rich back in the day. Only guys like Palmer, Nicklaus and Watson really made a lot, and that was mostly from outside business interests. Those guys needed the money to retire comfortably. If I were Phil I would NOT play...maybe the US Senior Open, or British, but thats it. Tiger, no freaking way....why destroy your back chasing senior tour wins when you are a billionaire? As for guys like Stricker....I guess it's whether or not they like hanging out and traveling with old friends, does the competitive fire still burn? Trevino called the Senior tour his annuity, he was dead broke, and became the best senior ever till Irwin came along. Jack just did it for fun, and usually won when he played.

> > > > While I agree with most of what you are saying.....I have to say that the object of being competitive is winning, picking up the trophy. I would rather rule in **** than serve in heaven (so to speak). The lower tier guys may play ffor money but the others play for the thrill of victory. The best years on the Champion tour is from 50-55....don't waste them trying to make the cut on the junior tour. Phil do not have many 50 year old friend out there....LOL!

> > > >

> > > So by this logic DJ should go play on mini tours because it’s easier to win? Some guys want to compete against the best no matter their age

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > > @ksgolfcoach said:

> > > > > > I think Vijay Singh could have dominated the Champions Tour had he embraced it at the age of fifty, but he could not let it go.

> > > > >

> > > > > yeah, so? Why would he hang out with a bunch of "has beens" when he can still compete on the biggest stage in the world? He made tons of money, that's not the issue, he like competing. The Senior tour was big in the 1980's because it gave guys like Trevino, Chi Chi, Colbert, then Irwin, a chance to earn some real money as the tour didn't really make anyone rich back in the day. Only guys like Palmer, Nicklaus and Watson really made a lot, and that was mostly from outside business interests. Those guys needed the money to retire comfortably. If I were Phil I would NOT play...maybe the US Senior Open, or British, but thats it. Tiger, no freaking way....why destroy your back chasing senior tour wins when you are a billionaire? As for guys like Stricker....I guess it's whether or not they like hanging out and traveling with old friends, does the competitive fire still burn? Trevino called the Senior tour his annuity, he was dead broke, and became the best senior ever till Irwin came along. Jack just did it for fun, and usually won when he played.

> > > > While I agree with most of what you are saying.....I have to say that the object of being competitive is winning, picking up the trophy. I would rather rule in **** than serve in heaven (so to speak). The lower tier guys may play ffor money but the others play for the thrill of victory. The best years on the Champion tour is from 50-55....don't waste them trying to make the cut on the junior tour. Phil do not have many 50 year old friend out there....LOL!

> > > >

> > > So by this logic DJ should go play on mini tours because it’s easier to win? Some guys want to compete against the best no matter their age

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > What I'm saying is that Kenny Perry (missed cut), David Toms-(31st / $39,663) Should have played the Champions tour and let a young player have a chance. While Jim Furyk came in 13th - $136,875, he could dominate the Champions tour and win about $400K instead of trying to make cuts. Remember, in the history of the PGA tour only 7 players have won over the age of 50, one being Sam Snead.

>

> These guys are still competitors. The PGA Tour is still the top dog in golf, so guys will want to play there as long as they can, with any means available. They've earned the exemptions they use, whether it be past champions of a certain event or money earned over their career.

>

> There are plenty of guys out there in the "old guard" who still play at a very high level, and even compete for wins. DL3 won a couple years ago at age 51. Vijay Singh was in the middle of it all at the Honda Classic earlier this year. Jim Furyk nearly won the Players and has 8 top-25 finishes out of 14 events this year.

>

> Steve Stricker got an invitation from Jack to play the Memorial this week because of his past champion status. What, is he supposed to say "no" because he feels a "young guy" on the alternate list should play instead, while because of his age he should tee it up on the Champions Tour in Des Moines instead? That's absurd.

Again, those are the exceptions and not the rule. Again, Only seven player in the history of the pga tour has won an event past the age of 50. My point is, just because you can (play in a Pga tour event), doesn't mean it's right. Kenny Perry was eligible to play at Colonial (missed cut) but missed his prime opportunity (50-55) on the Champions Tour. Just my humble opinion.

> @JaNelson38 said:

> > @Titleist99 said:

> > > @ksgolfcoach said:

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > > @ksgolfcoach said:

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > What I'm saying is that Kenny Perry (missed cut), David Toms-(31st / $39,663) Should have played the Champions tour and let a young player have a chance. While Jim Furyk came in 13th - $136,875, he could dominate the Champions tour and win about $400K instead of trying to make cuts. Remember, in the history of the PGA tour only 7 players have won over the age of 50, one being Sam Snead.

>

> These guys are still competitors. The PGA Tour is still the top dog in golf, so guys will want to play there as long as they can, with any means available. They've earned the exemptions they use, whether it be past champions of a certain event or money earned over their career.

>

> There are plenty of guys out there in the "old guard" who still play at a very high level, and even compete for wins. DL3 won a couple years ago at age 51. Vijay Singh was in the middle of it all at the Honda Classic earlier this year. Jim Furyk nearly won the Players and has 8 top-25 finishes out of 14 events this year.

>

> Steve Stricker got an invitation from Jack to play the Memorial this week because of his past champion status. What, is he supposed to say "no" because he feels a "young guy" on the alternate list should play instead, while because of his age he should tee it up on the Champions Tour in Des Moines instead? That's absurd.

If there's a Champions Tour event opposite the Memorial he should tell Jack …. Sorry I can't attend give my spot to a young player, I'm going where I have a great chance to win.....I don.t like playing to make the cut.

> @Titleist99 said:

> > @JaNelson38 said:

> > > @Titleist99 said:

> > > > @ksgolfcoach said:

> > > > > > @dlygrisse said:

> > > > > > > @Titleist99 said:

> > > > > > > I think Vijay Singh could have dominated the Champions Tour had he embraced it at the age of fifty, but he could not let it go.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > yeah, so? Why would he hang out with a bunch of "has beens" when he can still compete on the biggest stage in the world? He made tons of money, that's not the issue, he like competing. The Senior tour was big in the 1980's because it gave guys like Trevino, Chi Chi, Colbert, then Irwin, a chance to earn some real money as the tour didn't really make anyone rich back in the day. Only guys like Palmer, Nicklaus and Watson really made a lot, and that was mostly from outside business interests. Those guys needed the money to retire comfortably. If I were Phil I would NOT play...maybe the US Senior Open, or British, but thats it. Tiger, no freaking way....why destroy your back chasing senior tour wins when you are a billionaire? As for guys like Stricker....I guess it's whether or not they like hanging out and traveling with old friends, does the competitive fire still burn? Trevino called the Senior tour his annuity, he was dead broke, and became the best senior ever till Irwin came along. Jack just did it for fun, and usually won when he played.

> > > > > While I agree with most of what you are saying.....I have to say that the object of being competitive is winning, picking up the trophy. I would rather rule in **** than serve in heaven (so to speak). The lower tier guys may play ffor money but the others play for the thrill of victory. The best years on the Champion tour is from 50-55....don't waste them trying to make the cut on the junior tour. Phil do not have many 50 year old friend out there....LOL!

> > > > >

> > > > So by this logic DJ should go play on mini tours because it’s easier to win? Some guys want to compete against the best no matter their age

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > > > > > I think Vijay Singh could have dominated the Champions Tour had he embraced it at the age of fifty, but he could not let it go.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > yeah, so? Why would he hang out with a bunch of "has beens" when he can still compete on the biggest stage in the world? He made tons of money, that's not the issue, he like competing. The Senior tour was big in the 1980's because it gave guys like Trevino, Chi Chi, Colbert, then Irwin, a chance to earn some real money as the tour didn't really make anyone rich back in the day. Only guys like Palmer, Nicklaus and Watson really made a lot, and that was mostly from outside business interests. Those guys needed the money to retire comfortably. If I were Phil I would NOT play...maybe the US Senior Open, or British, but thats it. Tiger, no freaking way....why destroy your back chasing senior tour wins when you are a billionaire? As for guys like Stricker....I guess it's whether or not they like hanging out and traveling with old friends, does the competitive fire still burn? Trevino called the Senior tour his annuity, he was dead broke, and became the best senior ever till Irwin came along. Jack just did it for fun, and usually won when he played.

> > > > > While I agree with most of what you are saying.....I have to say that the object of being competitive is winning, picking up the trophy. I would rather rule in **** than serve in heaven (so to speak). The lower tier guys may play ffor money but the others play for the thrill of victory. The best years on the Champion tour is from 50-55....don't waste them trying to make the cut on the junior tour. Phil do not have many 50 year old friend out there....LOL!

> > > > >

> > > > So by this logic DJ should go play on mini tours because it’s easier to win? Some guys want to compete against the best no matter their age

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > What I'm saying is that Kenny Perry (missed cut), David Toms-(31st / $39,663) Should have played the Champions tour and let a young player have a chance. While Jim Furyk came in 13th - $136,875, he could dominate the Champions tour and win about $400K instead of trying to make cuts. Remember, in the history of the PGA tour only 7 players have won over the age of 50, one being Sam Snead.

> >

> > These guys are still competitors. The PGA Tour is still the top dog in golf, so guys will want to play there as long as they can, with any means available. They've earned the exemptions they use, whether it be past champions of a certain event or money earned over their career.

> >

> > There are plenty of guys out there in the "old guard" who still play at a very high level, and even compete for wins. DL3 won a couple years ago at age 51. Vijay Singh was in the middle of it all at the Honda Classic earlier this year. Jim Furyk nearly won the Players and has 8 top-25 finishes out of 14 events this year.

> >

> > Steve Stricker got an invitation from Jack to play the Memorial this week because of his past champion status. What, is he supposed to say "no" because he feels a "young guy" on the alternate list should play instead, while because of his age he should tee it up on the Champions Tour in Des Moines instead? That's absurd.

> Again, those are the exceptions and not the rule. Again, Only seven player in the history of the pga tour has won an event past the age of 50. My point is, just because you can (play in a Pga tour event), doesn't mean it's right. Kenny Perry was eligible to play at Colonial (missed cut) but missed his prime opportunity (50-55) on the Champions Tour. Just my humble opinion.

Just because you don't thing it's "right" doesn't mean it;s wrong, or that your definition of "right" means anything to anyone in this instance. So you wanna know what's wrong? What would be wrong would be if someone qualified to play in an event, and they weren't allowed because of age discrimination. At what age in your mind is too old?

Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

> @Titleist99 said:

> > @JaNelson38 said:

> > > @Titleist99 said:

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > What I'm saying is that Kenny Perry (missed cut), David Toms-(31st / $39,663) Should have played the Champions tour and let a young player have a chance. While Jim Furyk came in 13th - $136,875, he could dominate the Champions tour and win about $400K instead of trying to make cuts. Remember, in the history of the PGA tour only 7 players have won over the age of 50, one being Sam Snead.

> >

> > These guys are still competitors. The PGA Tour is still the top dog in golf, so guys will want to play there as long as they can, with any means available. They've earned the exemptions they use, whether it be past champions of a certain event or money earned over their career.

> >

> > There are plenty of guys out there in the "old guard" who still play at a very high level, and even compete for wins. DL3 won a couple years ago at age 51. Vijay Singh was in the middle of it all at the Honda Classic earlier this year. Jim Furyk nearly won the Players and has 8 top-25 finishes out of 14 events this year.

> >

> > Steve Stricker got an invitation from Jack to play the Memorial this week because of his past champion status. What, is he supposed to say "no" because he feels a "young guy" on the alternate list should play instead, while because of his age he should tee it up on the Champions Tour in Des Moines instead? That's absurd.

>

> If there's a Champions Tour event opposite the Memorial he should tell Jack …. Sorry I can't attend give my spot to a young player, I'm going where I have a great chance to win.....I don.t like playing to make the cut.

Young doesn't always equal better.

Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

> @dlygrisse said:

> > @Titleist99 said:

> > > @JaNelson38 said:

> > > > > @ksgolfcoach said:

> > > > > > > @dlygrisse said:

> > > > > > > > @Titleist99 said:

> > > > > > > > I think Vijay Singh could have dominated the Champions Tour had he embraced it at the age of fifty, but he could not let it go.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > yeah, so? Why would he hang out with a bunch of "has beens" when he can still compete on the biggest stage in the world? He made tons of money, that's not the issue, he like competing. The Senior tour was big in the 1980's because it gave guys like Trevino, Chi Chi, Colbert, then Irwin, a chance to earn some real money as the tour didn't really make anyone rich back in the day. Only guys like Palmer, Nicklaus and Watson really made a lot, and that was mostly from outside business interests. Those guys needed the money to retire comfortably. If I were Phil I would NOT play...maybe the US Senior Open, or British, but thats it. Tiger, no freaking way....why destroy your back chasing senior tour wins when you are a billionaire? As for guys like Stricker....I guess it's whether or not they like hanging out and traveling with old friends, does the competitive fire still burn? Trevino called the Senior tour his annuity, he was dead broke, and became the best senior ever till Irwin came along. Jack just did it for fun, and usually won when he played.

> > > > > > While I agree with most of what you are saying.....I have to say that the object of being competitive is winning, picking up the trophy. I would rather rule in **** than serve in heaven (so to speak). The lower tier guys may play ffor money but the others play for the thrill of victory. The best years on the Champion tour is from 50-55....don't waste them trying to make the cut on the junior tour. Phil do not have many 50 year old friend out there....LOL!

> > > > > >

> > > > > So by this logic DJ should go play on mini tours because it’s easier to win? Some guys want to compete against the best no matter their age

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > > > > > I think Vijay Singh could have dominated the Champions Tour had he embraced it at the age of fifty, but he could not let it go.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > yeah, so? Why would he hang out with a bunch of "has beens" when he can still compete on the biggest stage in the world? He made tons of money, that's not the issue, he like competing. The Senior tour was big in the 1980's because it gave guys like Trevino, Chi Chi, Colbert, then Irwin, a chance to earn some real money as the tour didn't really make anyone rich back in the day. Only guys like Palmer, Nicklaus and Watson really made a lot, and that was mostly from outside business interests. Those guys needed the money to retire comfortably. If I were Phil I would NOT play...maybe the US Senior Open, or British, but thats it. Tiger, no freaking way....why destroy your back chasing senior tour wins when you are a billionaire? As for guys like Stricker....I guess it's whether or not they like hanging out and traveling with old friends, does the competitive fire still burn? Trevino called the Senior tour his annuity, he was dead broke, and became the best senior ever till Irwin came along. Jack just did it for fun, and usually won when he played.

> > > > > > While I agree with most of what you are saying.....I have to say that the object of being competitive is winning, picking up the trophy. I would rather rule in **** than serve in heaven (so to speak). The lower tier guys may play ffor money but the others play for the thrill of victory. The best years on the Champion tour is from 50-55....don't waste them trying to make the cut on the junior tour. Phil do not have many 50 year old friend out there....LOL!

> > > > > >

> > > > > So by this logic DJ should go play on mini tours because it’s easier to win? Some guys want to compete against the best no matter their age

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > What I'm saying is that Kenny Perry (missed cut), David Toms-(31st / $39,663) Should have played the Champions tour and let a young player have a chance. While Jim Furyk came in 13th - $136,875, he could dominate the Champions tour and win about $400K instead of trying to make cuts. Remember, in the history of the PGA tour only 7 players have won over the age of 50, one being Sam Snead.

> > >

> > > These guys are still competitors. The PGA Tour is still the top dog in golf, so guys will want to play there as long as they can, with any means available. They've earned the exemptions they use, whether it be past champions of a certain event or money earned over their career.

> > >

> > > There are plenty of guys out there in the "old guard" who still play at a very high level, and even compete for wins. DL3 won a couple years ago at age 51. Vijay Singh was in the middle of it all at the Honda Classic earlier this year. Jim Furyk nearly won the Players and has 8 top-25 finishes out of 14 events this year.

> > >

> > > Steve Stricker got an invitation from Jack to play the Memorial this week because of his past champion status. What, is he supposed to say "no" because he feels a "young guy" on the alternate list should play instead, while because of his age he should tee it up on the Champions Tour in Des Moines instead? That's absurd.

> >

> > If there's a Champions Tour event opposite the Memorial he should tell Jack …. Sorry I can't attend give my spot to a young player, I'm going where I have a great chance to win.....I don.t like playing to make the cut.

>

> Young doesn't always equal better.

I personally wouldn't object if they made it mandatory at the age of 50 to play the Champions Tour...even though it may cause some age discrimination law suits.....LOL!

> @Titleist99 said:

> > @JaNelson38 said:

> > > @Titleist99 said:

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

>

> If there's a Champions Tour event opposite the Memorial he should tell Jack …. Sorry I can't attend give my spot to a young player, I'm going where I have a great chance to win.....I don.t like playing to make the cut.

That's a ridiculous and absurd statement on so many levels. There's no possible way you can truly believe this.

By the way...that "young player" who is currently #1 on the alternate list is 30-year old Tom Hoge, who has exactly 1 top-25 finish in 23 events played this year. Boy, Stricker using his privilege to tee it up as a past champion at the Memorial really stole a spot from a more deserving player, I tell you.

> @Titleist99 said:

> > @dlygrisse said:

> > > @Titleist99 said:

> > > > @JaNelson38 said:

> > > > > > @ksgolfcoach said:

> > > > > > > > @dlygrisse said:

> > > > > > > > > @Titleist99 said:

> > > > > > > > > I think Vijay Singh could have dominated the Champions Tour had he embraced it at the age of fifty, but he could not let it go.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > yeah, so? Why would he hang out with a bunch of "has beens" when he can still compete on the biggest stage in the world? He made tons of money, that's not the issue, he like competing. The Senior tour was big in the 1980's because it gave guys like Trevino, Chi Chi, Colbert, then Irwin, a chance to earn some real money as the tour didn't really make anyone rich back in the day. Only guys like Palmer, Nicklaus and Watson really made a lot, and that was mostly from outside business interests. Those guys needed the money to retire comfortably. If I were Phil I would NOT play...maybe the US Senior Open, or British, but thats it. Tiger, no freaking way....why destroy your back chasing senior tour wins when you are a billionaire? As for guys like Stricker....I guess it's whether or not they like hanging out and traveling with old friends, does the competitive fire still burn? Trevino called the Senior tour his annuity, he was dead broke, and became the best senior ever till Irwin came along. Jack just did it for fun, and usually won when he played.

> > > > > > > While I agree with most of what you are saying.....I have to say that the object of being competitive is winning, picking up the trophy. I would rather rule in **** than serve in heaven (so to speak). The lower tier guys may play ffor money but the others play for the thrill of victory. The best years on the Champion tour is from 50-55....don't waste them trying to make the cut on the junior tour. Phil do not have many 50 year old friend out there....LOL!

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > So by this logic DJ should go play on mini tours because it’s easier to win? Some guys want to compete against the best no matter their age

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > > @ksgolfcoach said:

> > > > > > > > > I think Vijay Singh could have dominated the Champions Tour had he embraced it at the age of fifty, but he could not let it go.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > yeah, so? Why would he hang out with a bunch of "has beens" when he can still compete on the biggest stage in the world? He made tons of money, that's not the issue, he like competing. The Senior tour was big in the 1980's because it gave guys like Trevino, Chi Chi, Colbert, then Irwin, a chance to earn some real money as the tour didn't really make anyone rich back in the day. Only guys like Palmer, Nicklaus and Watson really made a lot, and that was mostly from outside business interests. Those guys needed the money to retire comfortably. If I were Phil I would NOT play...maybe the US Senior Open, or British, but thats it. Tiger, no freaking way....why destroy your back chasing senior tour wins when you are a billionaire? As for guys like Stricker....I guess it's whether or not they like hanging out and traveling with old friends, does the competitive fire still burn? Trevino called the Senior tour his annuity, he was dead broke, and became the best senior ever till Irwin came along. Jack just did it for fun, and usually won when he played.

> > > > > > > While I agree with most of what you are saying.....I have to say that the object of being competitive is winning, picking up the trophy. I would rather rule in **** than serve in heaven (so to speak). The lower tier guys may play ffor money but the others play for the thrill of victory. The best years on the Champion tour is from 50-55....don't waste them trying to make the cut on the junior tour. Phil do not have many 50 year old friend out there....LOL!

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > So by this logic DJ should go play on mini tours because it’s easier to win? Some guys want to compete against the best no matter their age

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > What I'm saying is that Kenny Perry (missed cut), David Toms-(31st / $39,663) Should have played the Champions tour and let a young player have a chance. While Jim Furyk came in 13th - $136,875, he could dominate the Champions tour and win about $400K instead of trying to make cuts. Remember, in the history of the PGA tour only 7 players have won over the age of 50, one being Sam Snead.

> > > >

> > > > These guys are still competitors. The PGA Tour is still the top dog in golf, so guys will want to play there as long as they can, with any means available. They've earned the exemptions they use, whether it be past champions of a certain event or money earned over their career.

> > > >

> > > > There are plenty of guys out there in the "old guard" who still play at a very high level, and even compete for wins. DL3 won a couple years ago at age 51. Vijay Singh was in the middle of it all at the Honda Classic earlier this year. Jim Furyk nearly won the Players and has 8 top-25 finishes out of 14 events this year.

> > > >

> > > > Steve Stricker got an invitation from Jack to play the Memorial this week because of his past champion status. What, is he supposed to say "no" because he feels a "young guy" on the alternate list should play instead, while because of his age he should tee it up on the Champions Tour in Des Moines instead? That's absurd.

> > >

> > > If there's a Champions Tour event opposite the Memorial he should tell Jack …. Sorry I can't attend give my spot to a young player, I'm going where I have a great chance to win.....I don.t like playing to make the cut.

> >

> > Young doesn't always equal better.

> I personally wouldn't object if they made it mandatory at the age of 50 to play the Champions Tour...even though it may cause some age discrimination law suits.....LOL!

So you're gonna tell the guy who is ranked 50th in the world and almost won the Players this year that next May 12, he's no longer eligible to play on the PGA Tour because of his age.

K.

> @JaNelson38 said:

> > @Titleist99 said:

> > > @dlygrisse said:

> > > > > @JaNelson38 said:

> > > > > > > @ksgolfcoach said:

> > > > > > > > > @dlygrisse said:

> > > > > > > > > > @Titleist99 said:

> > > > > > > > > > I think Vijay Singh could have dominated the Champions Tour had he embraced it at the age of fifty, but he could not let it go.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > yeah, so? Why would he hang out with a bunch of "has beens" when he can still compete on the biggest stage in the world? He made tons of money, that's not the issue, he like competing. The Senior tour was big in the 1980's because it gave guys like Trevino, Chi Chi, Colbert, then Irwin, a chance to earn some real money as the tour didn't really make anyone rich back in the day. Only guys like Palmer, Nicklaus and Watson really made a lot, and that was mostly from outside business interests. Those guys needed the money to retire comfortably. If I were Phil I would NOT play...maybe the US Senior Open, or British, but thats it. Tiger, no freaking way....why destroy your back chasing senior tour wins when you are a billionaire? As for guys like Stricker....I guess it's whether or not they like hanging out and traveling with old friends, does the competitive fire still burn? Trevino called the Senior tour his annuity, he was dead broke, and became the best senior ever till Irwin came along. Jack just did it for fun, and usually won when he played.

> > > > > > > > While I agree with most of what you are saying.....I have to say that the object of being competitive is winning, picking up the trophy. I would rather rule in **** than serve in heaven (so to speak). The lower tier guys may play ffor money but the others play for the thrill of victory. The best years on the Champion tour is from 50-55....don't waste them trying to make the cut on the junior tour. Phil do not have many 50 year old friend out there....LOL!

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > So by this logic DJ should go play on mini tours because it’s easier to win? Some guys want to compete against the best no matter their age

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > @ksgolfcoach said:

> > > > > > > > > @dlygrisse said:

> > > > > > > > > > I think Vijay Singh could have dominated the Champions Tour had he embraced it at the age of fifty, but he could not let it go.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > yeah, so? Why would he hang out with a bunch of "has beens" when he can still compete on the biggest stage in the world? He made tons of money, that's not the issue, he like competing. The Senior tour was big in the 1980's because it gave guys like Trevino, Chi Chi, Colbert, then Irwin, a chance to earn some real money as the tour didn't really make anyone rich back in the day. Only guys like Palmer, Nicklaus and Watson really made a lot, and that was mostly from outside business interests. Those guys needed the money to retire comfortably. If I were Phil I would NOT play...maybe the US Senior Open, or British, but thats it. Tiger, no freaking way....why destroy your back chasing senior tour wins when you are a billionaire? As for guys like Stricker....I guess it's whether or not they like hanging out and traveling with old friends, does the competitive fire still burn? Trevino called the Senior tour his annuity, he was dead broke, and became the best senior ever till Irwin came along. Jack just did it for fun, and usually won when he played.

> > > > > > > > While I agree with most of what you are saying.....I have to say that the object of being competitive is winning, picking up the trophy. I would rather rule in **** than serve in heaven (so to speak). The lower tier guys may play ffor money but the others play for the thrill of victory. The best years on the Champion tour is from 50-55....don't waste them trying to make the cut on the junior tour. Phil do not have many 50 year old friend out there....LOL!

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > So by this logic DJ should go play on mini tours because it’s easier to win? Some guys want to compete against the best no matter their age

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > What I'm saying is that Kenny Perry (missed cut), David Toms-(31st / $39,663) Should have played the Champions tour and let a young player have a chance. While Jim Furyk came in 13th - $136,875, he could dominate the Champions tour and win about $400K instead of trying to make cuts. Remember, in the history of the PGA tour only 7 players have won over the age of 50, one being Sam Snead.

> > > > >

> > > > > These guys are still competitors. The PGA Tour is still the top dog in golf, so guys will want to play there as long as they can, with any means available. They've earned the exemptions they use, whether it be past champions of a certain event or money earned over their career.

> > > > >

> > > > > There are plenty of guys out there in the "old guard" who still play at a very high level, and even compete for wins. DL3 won a couple years ago at age 51. Vijay Singh was in the middle of it all at the Honda Classic earlier this year. Jim Furyk nearly won the Players and has 8 top-25 finishes out of 14 events this year.

> > > > >

> > > > > Steve Stricker got an invitation from Jack to play the Memorial this week because of his past champion status. What, is he supposed to say "no" because he feels a "young guy" on the alternate list should play instead, while because of his age he should tee it up on the Champions Tour in Des Moines instead? That's absurd.

> > > >

> > > > If there's a Champions Tour event opposite the Memorial he should tell Jack …. Sorry I can't attend give my spot to a young player, I'm going where I have a great chance to win.....I don.t like playing to make the cut.

> > >

> > > Young doesn't always equal better.

> > I personally wouldn't object if they made it mandatory at the age of 50 to play the Champions Tour...even though it may cause some age discrimination law suits.....LOL!

>

> So you're gonna tell the guy who is ranked 50th in the world and almost won the Players this year that next May 12, he's no longer eligible to play on the PGA Tour because of his age.

> K.

No, but I would tell anyone who hasn't made a top ten in two years to stop it. Just because you discover that you have status on the PGA tour because of a one time money list exemption does not mean that you should tee em up on the junior tour at the ripe old age of 56.

> @Titleist99 said:

> > @JaNelson38 said:

> > > @Titleist99 said:

> > > > @dlygrisse said:

> > > > > > @JaNelson38 said:

> > > > > > > > @ksgolfcoach said:

> > > > > > > > > > @dlygrisse said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @Titleist99 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > I think Vijay Singh could have dominated the Champions Tour had he embraced it at the age of fifty, but he could not let it go.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > yeah, so? Why would he hang out with a bunch of "has beens" when he can still compete on the biggest stage in the world? He made tons of money, that's not the issue, he like competing. The Senior tour was big in the 1980's because it gave guys like Trevino, Chi Chi, Colbert, then Irwin, a chance to earn some real money as the tour didn't really make anyone rich back in the day. Only guys like Palmer, Nicklaus and Watson really made a lot, and that was mostly from outside business interests. Those guys needed the money to retire comfortably. If I were Phil I would NOT play...maybe the US Senior Open, or British, but thats it. Tiger, no freaking way....why destroy your back chasing senior tour wins when you are a billionaire? As for guys like Stricker....I guess it's whether or not they like hanging out and traveling with old friends, does the competitive fire still burn? Trevino called the Senior tour his annuity, he was dead broke, and became the best senior ever till Irwin came along. Jack just did it for fun, and usually won when he played.

> > > > > > > > > While I agree with most of what you are saying.....I have to say that the object of being competitive is winning, picking up the trophy. I would rather rule in **** than serve in heaven (so to speak). The lower tier guys may play ffor money but the others play for the thrill of victory. The best years on the Champion tour is from 50-55....don't waste them trying to make the cut on the junior tour. Phil do not have many 50 year old friend out there....LOL!

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > So by this logic DJ should go play on mini tours because it’s easier to win? Some guys want to compete against the best no matter their age

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > @ksgolfcoach said:

> > > > > > > > > > @dlygrisse said:

> > > > > > > > > > > I think Vijay Singh could have dominated the Champions Tour had he embraced it at the age of fifty, but he could not let it go.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > yeah, so? Why would he hang out with a bunch of "has beens" when he can still compete on the biggest stage in the world? He made tons of money, that's not the issue, he like competing. The Senior tour was big in the 1980's because it gave guys like Trevino, Chi Chi, Colbert, then Irwin, a chance to earn some real money as the tour didn't really make anyone rich back in the day. Only guys like Palmer, Nicklaus and Watson really made a lot, and that was mostly from outside business interests. Those guys needed the money to retire comfortably. If I were Phil I would NOT play...maybe the US Senior Open, or British, but thats it. Tiger, no freaking way....why destroy your back chasing senior tour wins when you are a billionaire? As for guys like Stricker....I guess it's whether or not they like hanging out and traveling with old friends, does the competitive fire still burn? Trevino called the Senior tour his annuity, he was dead broke, and became the best senior ever till Irwin came along. Jack just did it for fun, and usually won when he played.

> > > > > > > > > While I agree with most of what you are saying.....I have to say that the object of being competitive is winning, picking up the trophy. I would rather rule in **** than serve in heaven (so to speak). The lower tier guys may play ffor money but the others play for the thrill of victory. The best years on the Champion tour is from 50-55....don't waste them trying to make the cut on the junior tour. Phil do not have many 50 year old friend out there....LOL!

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > So by this logic DJ should go play on mini tours because it’s easier to win? Some guys want to compete against the best no matter their age

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > What I'm saying is that Kenny Perry (missed cut), David Toms-(31st / $39,663) Should have played the Champions tour and let a young player have a chance. While Jim Furyk came in 13th - $136,875, he could dominate the Champions tour and win about $400K instead of trying to make cuts. Remember, in the history of the PGA tour only 7 players have won over the age of 50, one being Sam Snead.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > These guys are still competitors. The PGA Tour is still the top dog in golf, so guys will want to play there as long as they can, with any means available. They've earned the exemptions they use, whether it be past champions of a certain event or money earned over their career.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > There are plenty of guys out there in the "old guard" who still play at a very high level, and even compete for wins. DL3 won a couple years ago at age 51. Vijay Singh was in the middle of it all at the Honda Classic earlier this year. Jim Furyk nearly won the Players and has 8 top-25 finishes out of 14 events this year.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Steve Stricker got an invitation from Jack to play the Memorial this week because of his past champion status. What, is he supposed to say "no" because he feels a "young guy" on the alternate list should play instead, while because of his age he should tee it up on the Champions Tour in Des Moines instead? That's absurd.

> > > > >

> > > > > If there's a Champions Tour event opposite the Memorial he should tell Jack …. Sorry I can't attend give my spot to a young player, I'm going where I have a great chance to win.....I don.t like playing to make the cut.

> > > >

> > > > Young doesn't always equal better.

> > > I personally wouldn't object if they made it mandatory at the age of 50 to play the Champions Tour...even though it may cause some age discrimination law suits.....LOL!

> >

> > So you're gonna tell the guy who is ranked 50th in the world and almost won the Players this year that next May 12, he's no longer eligible to play on the PGA Tour because of his age.

> > K.

> No, but I would tell anyone who hasn't made a top ten in two years to stop it. Just because you discover that you have status on the PGA tour because of a one time money list exemption does not mean that you should tee em up on the junior tour at the ripe old age of 56.

What about a guy who doesnt have any top-10's for the season but someone who made most of the cuts and posted a bunch of top-30 finishes? Newsflash: that earns a PGA Tour card with tons of points to spare.

Your line of thinking is exactly why the PGA Tour hands out exemptions like they do. They reward winning AS WELL as consistency. Wins get you more exemptions and longer exemptions...consistently good play gets you exempt for the next season.

> @JaNelson38 said:

> > @Titleist99 said:

> > > @JaNelson38 said:

> > > > > > > @JaNelson38 said:

> > > > > > > > > @ksgolfcoach said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @dlygrisse said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @Titleist99 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > I think Vijay Singh could have dominated the Champions Tour had he embraced it at the age of fifty, but he could not let it go.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > yeah, so? Why would he hang out with a bunch of "has beens" when he can still compete on the biggest stage in the world? He made tons of money, that's not the issue, he like competing. The Senior tour was big in the 1980's because it gave guys like Trevino, Chi Chi, Colbert, then Irwin, a chance to earn some real money as the tour didn't really make anyone rich back in the day. Only guys like Palmer, Nicklaus and Watson really made a lot, and that was mostly from outside business interests. Those guys needed the money to retire comfortably. If I were Phil I would NOT play...maybe the US Senior Open, or British, but thats it. Tiger, no freaking way....why destroy your back chasing senior tour wins when you are a billionaire? As for guys like Stricker....I guess it's whether or not they like hanging out and traveling with old friends, does the competitive fire still burn? Trevino called the Senior tour his annuity, he was dead broke, and became the best senior ever till Irwin came along. Jack just did it for fun, and usually won when he played.

> > > > > > > > > > While I agree with most of what you are saying.....I have to say that the object of being competitive is winning, picking up the trophy. I would rather rule in **** than serve in heaven (so to speak). The lower tier guys may play ffor money but the others play for the thrill of victory. The best years on the Champion tour is from 50-55....don't waste them trying to make the cut on the junior tour. Phil do not have many 50 year old friend out there....LOL!

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > So by this logic DJ should go play on mini tours because it’s easier to win? Some guys want to compete against the best no matter their age

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > @ksgolfcoach said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @dlygrisse said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > I think Vijay Singh could have dominated the Champions Tour had he embraced it at the age of fifty, but he could not let it go.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > yeah, so? Why would he hang out with a bunch of "has beens" when he can still compete on the biggest stage in the world? He made tons of money, that's not the issue, he like competing. The Senior tour was big in the 1980's because it gave guys like Trevino, Chi Chi, Colbert, then Irwin, a chance to earn some real money as the tour didn't really make anyone rich back in the day. Only guys like Palmer, Nicklaus and Watson really made a lot, and that was mostly from outside business interests. Those guys needed the money to retire comfortably. If I were Phil I would NOT play...maybe the US Senior Open, or British, but thats it. Tiger, no freaking way....why destroy your back chasing senior tour wins when you are a billionaire? As for guys like Stricker....I guess it's whether or not they like hanging out and traveling with old friends, does the competitive fire still burn? Trevino called the Senior tour his annuity, he was dead broke, and became the best senior ever till Irwin came along. Jack just did it for fun, and usually won when he played.

> > > > > > > > > > While I agree with most of what you are saying.....I have to say that the object of being competitive is winning, picking up the trophy. I would rather rule in **** than serve in heaven (so to speak). The lower tier guys may play ffor money but the others play for the thrill of victory. The best years on the Champion tour is from 50-55....don't waste them trying to make the cut on the junior tour. Phil do not have many 50 year old friend out there....LOL!

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > So by this logic DJ should go play on mini tours because it’s easier to win? Some guys want to compete against the best no matter their age

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > What I'm saying is that Kenny Perry (missed cut), David Toms-(31st / $39,663) Should have played the Champions tour and let a young player have a chance. While Jim Furyk came in 13th - $136,875, he could dominate the Champions tour and win about $400K instead of trying to make cuts. Remember, in the history of the PGA tour only 7 players have won over the age of 50, one being Sam Snead.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > These guys are still competitors. The PGA Tour is still the top dog in golf, so guys will want to play there as long as they can, with any means available. They've earned the exemptions they use, whether it be past champions of a certain event or money earned over their career.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > There are plenty of guys out there in the "old guard" who still play at a very high level, and even compete for wins. DL3 won a couple years ago at age 51. Vijay Singh was in the middle of it all at the Honda Classic earlier this year. Jim Furyk nearly won the Players and has 8 top-25 finishes out of 14 events this year.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Steve Stricker got an invitation from Jack to play the Memorial this week because of his past champion status. What, is he supposed to say "no" because he feels a "young guy" on the alternate list should play instead, while because of his age he should tee it up on the Champions Tour in Des Moines instead? That's absurd.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > If there's a Champions Tour event opposite the Memorial he should tell Jack …. Sorry I can't attend give my spot to a young player, I'm going where I have a great chance to win.....I don.t like playing to make the cut.

> > > > >

> > > > > Young doesn't always equal better.

> > > > I personally wouldn't object if they made it mandatory at the age of 50 to play the Champions Tour...even though it may cause some age discrimination law suits.....LOL!

> > >

> > > So you're gonna tell the guy who is ranked 50th in the world and almost won the Players this year that next May 12, he's no longer eligible to play on the PGA Tour because of his age.

> > > K.

> > No, but I would tell anyone who hasn't made a top ten in two years to stop it. Just because you discover that you have status on the PGA tour because of a one time money list exemption does not mean that you should tee em up on the junior tour at the ripe old age of 56.

>

> What about a guy who doesnt have any top-10's for the season but someone who made most of the cuts and posted a bunch of top-30 finishes? Newsflash: that earns a PGA Tour card with tons of points to spare.

>

> Your line of thinking is exactly why the PGA Tour hands out exemptions like they do. They reward winning AS WELL as consistency. Wins get you more exemptions and longer exemptions...consistently good play gets you exempt for the next season.

David Toms finished 31st at Colonial, he earned $39, 663. That's pocket change for a tour player. Golfers over 50 should not be playing for cuts, they should be playing for trophies while still in their senior prime.

Just my humble opinion.

> @Titleist99 said:

> > @JaNelson38 said:

> > > @Titleist99 said:

> > > > > > > > @JaNelson38 said:

> > > > > > > > > > @ksgolfcoach said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @dlygrisse said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @Titleist99 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > I think Vijay Singh could have dominated the Champions Tour had he embraced it at the age of fifty, but he could not let it go.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > yeah, so? Why would he hang out with a bunch of "has beens" when he can still compete on the biggest stage in the world? He made tons of money, that's not the issue, he like competing. The Senior tour was big in the 1980's because it gave guys like Trevino, Chi Chi, Colbert, then Irwin, a chance to earn some real money as the tour didn't really make anyone rich back in the day. Only guys like Palmer, Nicklaus and Watson really made a lot, and that was mostly from outside business interests. Those guys needed the money to retire comfortably. If I were Phil I would NOT play...maybe the US Senior Open, or British, but thats it. Tiger, no freaking way....why destroy your back chasing senior tour wins when you are a billionaire? As for guys like Stricker....I guess it's whether or not they like hanging out and traveling with old friends, does the competitive fire still burn? Trevino called the Senior tour his annuity, he was dead broke, and became the best senior ever till Irwin came along. Jack just did it for fun, and usually won when he played.

> > > > > > > > > > > While I agree with most of what you are saying.....I have to say that the object of being competitive is winning, picking up the trophy. I would rather rule in **** than serve in heaven (so to speak). The lower tier guys may play ffor money but the others play for the thrill of victory. The best years on the Champion tour is from 50-55....don't waste them trying to make the cut on the junior tour. Phil do not have many 50 year old friend out there....LOL!

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > So by this logic DJ should go play on mini tours because it’s easier to win? Some guys want to compete against the best no matter their age

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > @ksgolfcoach said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @dlygrisse said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > I think Vijay Singh could have dominated the Champions Tour had he embraced it at the age of fifty, but he could not let it go.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > yeah, so? Why would he hang out with a bunch of "has beens" when he can still compete on the biggest stage in the world? He made tons of money, that's not the issue, he like competing. The Senior tour was big in the 1980's because it gave guys like Trevino, Chi Chi, Colbert, then Irwin, a chance to earn some real money as the tour didn't really make anyone rich back in the day. Only guys like Palmer, Nicklaus and Watson really made a lot, and that was mostly from outside business interests. Those guys needed the money to retire comfortably. If I were Phil I would NOT play...maybe the US Senior Open, or British, but thats it. Tiger, no freaking way....why destroy your back chasing senior tour wins when you are a billionaire? As for guys like Stricker....I guess it's whether or not they like hanging out and traveling with old friends, does the competitive fire still burn? Trevino called the Senior tour his annuity, he was dead broke, and became the best senior ever till Irwin came along. Jack just did it for fun, and usually won when he played.

> > > > > > > > > > > While I agree with most of what you are saying.....I have to say that the object of being competitive is winning, picking up the trophy. I would rather rule in **** than serve in heaven (so to speak). The lower tier guys may play ffor money but the others play for the thrill of victory. The best years on the Champion tour is from 50-55....don't waste them trying to make the cut on the junior tour. Phil do not have many 50 year old friend out there....LOL!

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > So by this logic DJ should go play on mini tours because it’s easier to win? Some guys want to compete against the best no matter their age

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > What I'm saying is that Kenny Perry (missed cut), David Toms-(31st / $39,663) Should have played the Champions tour and let a young player have a chance. While Jim Furyk came in 13th - $136,875, he could dominate the Champions tour and win about $400K instead of trying to make cuts. Remember, in the history of the PGA tour only 7 players have won over the age of 50, one being Sam Snead.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > These guys are still competitors. The PGA Tour is still the top dog in golf, so guys will want to play there as long as they can, with any means available. They've earned the exemptions they use, whether it be past champions of a certain event or money earned over their career.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > There are plenty of guys out there in the "old guard" who still play at a very high level, and even compete for wins. DL3 won a couple years ago at age 51. Vijay Singh was in the middle of it all at the Honda Classic earlier this year. Jim Furyk nearly won the Players and has 8 top-25 finishes out of 14 events this year.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Steve Stricker got an invitation from Jack to play the Memorial this week because of his past champion status. What, is he supposed to say "no" because he feels a "young guy" on the alternate list should play instead, while because of his age he should tee it up on the Champions Tour in Des Moines instead? That's absurd.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > If there's a Champions Tour event opposite the Memorial he should tell Jack …. Sorry I can't attend give my spot to a young player, I'm going where I have a great chance to win.....I don.t like playing to make the cut.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Young doesn't always equal better.

> > > > > I personally wouldn't object if they made it mandatory at the age of 50 to play the Champions Tour...even though it may cause some age discrimination law suits.....LOL!

> > > >

> > > > So you're gonna tell the guy who is ranked 50th in the world and almost won the Players this year that next May 12, he's no longer eligible to play on the PGA Tour because of his age.

> > > > K.

> > > No, but I would tell anyone who hasn't made a top ten in two years to stop it. Just because you discover that you have status on the PGA tour because of a one time money list exemption does not mean that you should tee em up on the junior tour at the ripe old age of 56.

> >

> > What about a guy who doesnt have any top-10's for the season but someone who made most of the cuts and posted a bunch of top-30 finishes? Newsflash: that earns a PGA Tour card with tons of points to spare.

> >

> > Your line of thinking is exactly why the PGA Tour hands out exemptions like they do. They reward winning AS WELL as consistency. Wins get you more exemptions and longer exemptions...consistently good play gets you exempt for the next season.

> David Toms finished 31st at Colonial, he earned $39, 663. That's pocket change for a tour player. Golfers over 50 should not be playing for cuts, they should be playing for trophies while still in their senior prime.

> Just my ~~humble~~ bigoted opinion.

>

>

Fixed that for you.

Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

> @dlygrisse said:

> > @Titleist99 said:

> > > @JaNelson38 said:

> > > > > @JaNelson38 said:

> > > > > > > > > @JaNelson38 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @ksgolfcoach said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @dlygrisse said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > @Titleist99 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > I think Vijay Singh could have dominated the Champions Tour had he embraced it at the age of fifty, but he could not let it go.

> > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > yeah, so? Why would he hang out with a bunch of "has beens" when he can still compete on the biggest stage in the world? He made tons of money, that's not the issue, he like competing. The Senior tour was big in the 1980's because it gave guys like Trevino, Chi Chi, Colbert, then Irwin, a chance to earn some real money as the tour didn't really make anyone rich back in the day. Only guys like Palmer, Nicklaus and Watson really made a lot, and that was mostly from outside business interests. Those guys needed the money to retire comfortably. If I were Phil I would NOT play...maybe the US Senior Open, or British, but thats it. Tiger, no freaking way....why destroy your back chasing senior tour wins when you are a billionaire? As for guys like Stricker....I guess it's whether or not they like hanging out and traveling with old friends, does the competitive fire still burn? Trevino called the Senior tour his annuity, he was dead broke, and became the best senior ever till Irwin came along. Jack just did it for fun, and usually won when he played.

> > > > > > > > > > > > While I agree with most of what you are saying.....I have to say that the object of being competitive is winning, picking up the trophy. I would rather rule in **** than serve in heaven (so to speak). The lower tier guys may play ffor money but the others play for the thrill of victory. The best years on the Champion tour is from 50-55....don't waste them trying to make the cut on the junior tour. Phil do not have many 50 year old friend out there....LOL!

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > So by this logic DJ should go play on mini tours because it’s easier to win? Some guys want to compete against the best no matter their age

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > @ksgolfcoach said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @dlygrisse said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > @Titleist99 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > I think Vijay Singh could have dominated the Champions Tour had he embraced it at the age of fifty, but he could not let it go.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > yeah, so? Why would he hang out with a bunch of "has beens" when he can still compete on the biggest stage in the world? He made tons of money, that's not the issue, he like competing. The Senior tour was big in the 1980's because it gave guys like Trevino, Chi Chi, Colbert, then Irwin, a chance to earn some real money as the tour didn't really make anyone rich back in the day. Only guys like Palmer, Nicklaus and Watson really made a lot, and that was mostly from outside business interests. Those guys needed the money to retire comfortably. If I were Phil I would NOT play...maybe the US Senior Open, or British, but thats it. Tiger, no freaking way....why destroy your back chasing senior tour wins when you are a billionaire? As for guys like Stricker....I guess it's whether or not they like hanging out and traveling with old friends, does the competitive fire still burn? Trevino called the Senior tour his annuity, he was dead broke, and became the best senior ever till Irwin came along. Jack just did it for fun, and usually won when he played.

> > > > > > > > > > > > While I agree with most of what you are saying.....I have to say that the object of being competitive is winning, picking up the trophy. I would rather rule in **** than serve in heaven (so to speak). The lower tier guys may play ffor money but the others play for the thrill of victory. The best years on the Champion tour is from 50-55....don't waste them trying to make the cut on the junior tour. Phil do not have many 50 year old friend out there....LOL!

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > So by this logic DJ should go play on mini tours because it’s easier to win? Some guys want to compete against the best no matter their age

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > What I'm saying is that Kenny Perry (missed cut), David Toms-(31st / $39,663) Should have played the Champions tour and let a young player have a chance. While Jim Furyk came in 13th - $136,875, he could dominate the Champions tour and win about $400K instead of trying to make cuts. Remember, in the history of the PGA tour only 7 players have won over the age of 50, one being Sam Snead.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > These guys are still competitors. The PGA Tour is still the top dog in golf, so guys will want to play there as long as they can, with any means available. They've earned the exemptions they use, whether it be past champions of a certain event or money earned over their career.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > There are plenty of guys out there in the "old guard" who still play at a very high level, and even compete for wins. DL3 won a couple years ago at age 51. Vijay Singh was in the middle of it all at the Honda Classic earlier this year. Jim Furyk nearly won the Players and has 8 top-25 finishes out of 14 events this year.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Steve Stricker got an invitation from Jack to play the Memorial this week because of his past champion status. What, is he supposed to say "no" because he feels a "young guy" on the alternate list should play instead, while because of his age he should tee it up on the Champions Tour in Des Moines instead? That's absurd.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > If there's a Champions Tour event opposite the Memorial he should tell Jack …. Sorry I can't attend give my spot to a young player, I'm going where I have a great chance to win.....I don.t like playing to make the cut.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Young doesn't always equal better.

> > > > > > I personally wouldn't object if they made it mandatory at the age of 50 to play the Champions Tour...even though it may cause some age discrimination law suits.....LOL!

> > > > >

> > > > > So you're gonna tell the guy who is ranked 50th in the world and almost won the Players this year that next May 12, he's no longer eligible to play on the PGA Tour because of his age.

> > > > > K.

> > > > No, but I would tell anyone who hasn't made a top ten in two years to stop it. Just because you discover that you have status on the PGA tour because of a one time money list exemption does not mean that you should tee em up on the junior tour at the ripe old age of 56.

> > >

> > > What about a guy who doesnt have any top-10's for the season but someone who made most of the cuts and posted a bunch of top-30 finishes? Newsflash: that earns a PGA Tour card with tons of points to spare.

> > >

> > > Your line of thinking is exactly why the PGA Tour hands out exemptions like they do. They reward winning AS WELL as consistency. Wins get you more exemptions and longer exemptions...consistently good play gets you exempt for the next season.

> > David Toms finished 31st at Colonial, he earned $39, 663. That's pocket change for a tour player. Golfers over 50 should not be playing for cuts, they should be playing for trophies while still in their senior prime.

> > Just my ~~humble~~ bigoted opinion.

> >

> >

>

> Fixed that for you.

If that's the case...then you have some explaining to do because here is the meaning of your word not mine.

big·ot·ed.

[ˈbiɡədəd]

ADJECTIVE

having or revealing an obstinate belief in the superiority of one's own opinions and a prejudiced intolerance of the opinions of others.

> @Titleist99 said:

> > @dlygrisse said:

> > > @Titleist99 said:

> > > > > > @JaNelson38 said:

> > > > > > > > > > @JaNelson38 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @ksgolfcoach said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > @dlygrisse said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > @Titleist99 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > I think Vijay Singh could have dominated the Champions Tour had he embraced it at the age of fifty, but he could not let it go.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > yeah, so? Why would he hang out with a bunch of "has beens" when he can still compete on the biggest stage in the world? He made tons of money, that's not the issue, he like competing. The Senior tour was big in the 1980's because it gave guys like Trevino, Chi Chi, Colbert, then Irwin, a chance to earn some real money as the tour didn't really make anyone rich back in the day. Only guys like Palmer, Nicklaus and Watson really made a lot, and that was mostly from outside business interests. Those guys needed the money to retire comfortably. If I were Phil I would NOT play...maybe the US Senior Open, or British, but thats it. Tiger, no freaking way....why destroy your back chasing senior tour wins when you are a billionaire? As for guys like Stricker....I guess it's whether or not they like hanging out and traveling with old friends, does the competitive fire still burn? Trevino called the Senior tour his annuity, he was dead broke, and became the best senior ever till Irwin came along. Jack just did it for fun, and usually won when he played.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > While I agree with most of what you are saying.....I have to say that the object of being competitive is winning, picking up the trophy. I would rather rule in **** than serve in heaven (so to speak). The lower tier guys may play ffor money but the others play for the thrill of victory. The best years on the Champion tour is from 50-55....don't waste them trying to make the cut on the junior tour. Phil do not have many 50 year old friend out there....LOL!

> > > > > > > > > > > > So by this logic DJ should go play on mini tours because it’s easier to win? Some guys want to compete against the best no matter their age

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > @ksgolfcoach said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > @dlygrisse said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > @Titleist99 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > I think Vijay Singh could have dominated the Champions Tour had he embraced it at the age of fifty, but he could not let it go.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > yeah, so? Why would he hang out with a bunch of "has beens" when he can still compete on the biggest stage in the world? He made tons of money, that's not the issue, he like competing. The Senior tour was big in the 1980's because it gave guys like Trevino, Chi Chi, Colbert, then Irwin, a chance to earn some real money as the tour didn't really make anyone rich back in the day. Only guys like Palmer, Nicklaus and Watson really made a lot, and that was mostly from outside business interests. Those guys needed the money to retire comfortably. If I were Phil I would NOT play...maybe the US Senior Open, or British, but thats it. Tiger, no freaking way....why destroy your back chasing senior tour wins when you are a billionaire? As for guys like Stricker....I guess it's whether or not they like hanging out and traveling with old friends, does the competitive fire still burn? Trevino called the Senior tour his annuity, he was dead broke, and became the best senior ever till Irwin came along. Jack just did it for fun, and usually won when he played.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > While I agree with most of what you are saying.....I have to say that the object of being competitive is winning, picking up the trophy. I would rather rule in **** than serve in heaven (so to speak). The lower tier guys may play ffor money but the others play for the thrill of victory. The best years on the Champion tour is from 50-55....don't waste them trying to make the cut on the junior tour. Phil do not have many 50 year old friend out there....LOL!

> > > > > > > > > > > > So by this logic DJ should go play on mini tours because it’s easier to win? Some guys want to compete against the best no matter their age

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > What I'm saying is that Kenny Perry (missed cut), David Toms-(31st / $39,663) Should have played the Champions tour and let a young player have a chance. While Jim Furyk came in 13th - $136,875, he could dominate the Champions tour and win about $400K instead of trying to make cuts. Remember, in the history of the PGA tour only 7 players have won over the age of 50, one being Sam Snead.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > These guys are still competitors. The PGA Tour is still the top dog in golf, so guys will want to play there as long as they can, with any means available. They've earned the exemptions they use, whether it be past champions of a certain event or money earned over their career.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > There are plenty of guys out there in the "old guard" who still play at a very high level, and even compete for wins. DL3 won a couple years ago at age 51. Vijay Singh was in the middle of it all at the Honda Classic earlier this year. Jim Furyk nearly won the Players and has 8 top-25 finishes out of 14 events this year.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Steve Stricker got an invitation from Jack to play the Memorial this week because of his past champion status. What, is he supposed to say "no" because he feels a "young guy" on the alternate list should play instead, while because of his age he should tee it up on the Champions Tour in Des Moines instead? That's absurd.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > If there's a Champions Tour event opposite the Memorial he should tell Jack …. Sorry I can't attend give my spot to a young player, I'm going where I have a great chance to win.....I don.t like playing to make the cut.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Young doesn't always equal better.

> > > > > > > I personally wouldn't object if they made it mandatory at the age of 50 to play the Champions Tour...even though it may cause some age discrimination law suits.....LOL!

> > > > > >

> > > > > > So you're gonna tell the guy who is ranked 50th in the world and almost won the Players this year that next May 12, he's no longer eligible to play on the PGA Tour because of his age.

> > > > > > K.

> > > > > No, but I would tell anyone who hasn't made a top ten in two years to stop it. Just because you discover that you have status on the PGA tour because of a one time money list exemption does not mean that you should tee em up on the junior tour at the ripe old age of 56.

> > > >

> > > > What about a guy who doesnt have any top-10's for the season but someone who made most of the cuts and posted a bunch of top-30 finishes? Newsflash: that earns a PGA Tour card with tons of points to spare.

> > > >

> > > > Your line of thinking is exactly why the PGA Tour hands out exemptions like they do. They reward winning AS WELL as consistency. Wins get you more exemptions and longer exemptions...consistently good play gets you exempt for the next season.

> > > David Toms finished 31st at Colonial, he earned $39, 663. That's pocket change for a tour player. Golfers over 50 should not be playing for cuts, they should be playing for trophies while still in their senior prime.

> > > Just my ~~humble~~ bigoted opinion.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Fixed that for you.

> If that's the case...then you have some explaining to do because here is the meaning of your word not mine.

>

> big·ot·ed.

> .

>

> [ˈbiɡədəd]

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> ADJECTIVE

> .

>

>

> having or revealing an obstinate belief in the superiority of one's own opinions and a prejudiced intolerance of the opinions of others.

>

... Titleist99Titleist99 Members Posts: 79 ✭✭ Today @ 2:28pm #22

@HackerDave said:

I think we are missing the bigger picture here folks. First, Haney has a radio show and more importantly, there appear to be people who actually listen to him!! If that isn't a cry for help, I don't know what is. If you listen to Haney's show, seek help immediately.

" If people are listening to Hanks show, they have waaay to much time on their hands.....you are right."

_are you still looking for where you fit in on this site ?_

Srixon ZX5  TT dynamic gold 95  PING G425 FST 43.25"  Tour Edge 721 Tensei blue 65  Mizuno T22 56* 60*  Bobby Grace AMG 6313 35"

> @Titleist99 said:

> > @JaNelson38 said:

> > > @Titleist99 said:

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

>

Endless he "should" and that guy "should" and moving the goalposts with the argument.

No "should" about it.

Jack invites people for a reason, they accept for their own reasons and none of which has anything to do with your reasons, nor "should" you care.

> @games said:

> Steve Stricker makes the cut. But, in all fairness, he should really give his spot on the weekend to a young guy who really deserves it like Tony Finau, Rory McIlroy, Cameron Champ, Jhonny Vegas, Jason Day, or Sung Kang.

> LMFAO...

If it wasnt for a shoddy back 9 on Friday, Strick is squarely in contention to win this week. Shoots 67 today.

Should be in Des Moines though.... *eyeroll*

> @JaNelson38 said:

> > @games said:

> > Steve Stricker makes the cut. But, in all fairness, he should really give his spot on the weekend to a young guy who really deserves it like Tony Finau, Rory McIlroy, Cameron Champ, Jhonny Vegas, Jason Day, or Sung Kang.

> > LMFAO...

>

> If it wasnt for a shoddy back 9 on Friday, Strick is squarely in contention to win this week. Shoots 67 today.

>

> Should be in Des Moines though.... *eyeroll*

Laughing at the eyeroll...

Sam’s spinning & LHAO?

“Bottom Feeders”

?????

Let’s not forget that Sam had a T3 at the age of SIXTY-TWO in the PGA Championship, THE most competitive field on earth, whether in 1974 or 2019.

Lucky??

The previous two PGA’s he had a T4 and a T9, at the age of SIXTY & SIXTY-ONE.

You should talk to Tom Watson about his run in the Open Championship at the age of 59yo(I have?).

Yep, “mandatory Champions Tour at 50”

????

Stay well Brother?

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

> @Hawkeye77 said:

> > @Titleist99 said:

> > > @JaNelson38 said:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > What I'm saying is that Kenny Perry (missed cut), David Toms-(31st / $39,663) Should have played the Champions tour and let a young player have a chance. While Jim Furyk came in 13th - $136,875, he could dominate the Champions tour and win about $400K instead of trying to make cuts. Remember, in the history of the PGA tour only 7 players have won over the age of 50, one being Sam Snead.

> > >

> > > These guys are still competitors. The PGA Tour is still the top dog in golf, so guys will want to play there as long as they can, with any means available. They've earned the exemptions they use, whether it be past champions of a certain event or money earned over their career.

> > >

> > > There are plenty of guys out there in the "old guard" who still play at a very high level, and even compete for wins. DL3 won a couple years ago at age 51. Vijay Singh was in the middle of it all at the Honda Classic earlier this year. Jim Furyk nearly won the Players and has 8 top-25 finishes out of 14 events this year.

> > >

> > > Steve Stricker got an invitation from Jack to play the Memorial this week because of his past champion status. What, is he supposed to say "no" because he feels a "young guy" on the alternate list should play instead, while because of his age he should tee it up on the Champions Tour in Des Moines instead? That's absurd.

> >

> > If there's a Champions Tour event opposite the Memorial he should tell Jack …. Sorry I can't attend give my spot to a young player, I'm going where I have a great chance to win.....I don.t like playing to make the cut.

>

> Endless he "should" and that guy "should" and moving the goalposts with the argument.

>

> No "should" about it.

>

> Jack invites people for a reason, they accept for their own reasons and none of which has anything to do with your reasons, nor "should" you care.

You obviously have never spoken to a Champion or have ANY Clue as to their psyche, mentality and

Thought Processes.

And if your response is gonna be that you have spoken to a Champion or Champions, names please?!!

Seriously, I, and I’m sure the guys, would like to know to whom you’ve spoken with.

Regardless 99, I respect your posting a thread and one, staying in the thread and secondly, responding as a Gentleman!

Nicely Played?

My Best,

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24