2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Increasing LPGA popularity and how to solve problems if any

I am still playing decent golf and my wife plays to a 13. Even though I am in my 60's and distance isn't what it use to be or similar to PGA yardages, I still relate and find myself motivated by PGA tour players. I still like playing with guys that are better than me. I have been an athlete all my life so, in sports, I relate to men, no interest in women sports.

My wife and her golfing friends have no interest in watching the LPGA. The common thought among them is they don't like how most of the LPGA dress (country clubs don't allow the same attire) and they prefer to watch American's but few are shown on camera. I seldom watch the European tour for that same reason, and the Champions tour bores me.

The way the LPGA tour has evolved, it's going to get increasingly difficult to attract viewers and sponsors.

• Like 1
  • TSR2 9.25° Ventus Velo TR Blue 58S
  • TSR2 15° GD Tour AD-VF 74S
  • T200 17 2i° Tensei AV Raw White Hybrid 90S
  • T100 3i to 9i MMT 105S
  • T100 PW, SM9 F52/12, M58/8, PX Wedge 6.0 120
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x, ProV1x or AVX

> @MelloYello said:

> I'm sorry but I have a hard time believing a lot of the critics who pop in to claim that they'd be more interested in the LPGA if it were more _this_ or more _that_. I'm sorry, but I just don't believe you guys. Ya'll aren't watching it regardless. You never did and you probably never would.

>

> Let's be 100%. The tour still has some of the old-school appeal with certain players but it is far younger, hipper, sexier...whatever you want to call it. It's got a much healthier more vibrant energy right now than ever before in it's history.

>

> If ya'll can't get on with the product as it is now, you just aren't into it. It's not hard to see.

>

> I'm not trying to insult the old school crowd, but guys, the LPGA ain't looking for your support and they don't need your advice. The tour does not need fixing because it's not _broken_.

>

> They re-branded a decade or more ago (which none of you seem not to have noticed one bit!) and it's taken on a new life as a result. The LPGA is booming relative to what it would be if it were reliant on American fan support. Ya'll decided you didn't give two craps about womens' sports a long time ago so they left and found other people to support them.

>

> To quote Austin Powers...that train has sailed.

>

> To me, I think the success of LPGA golf in terms of its global popularity is probably insulting to a lot of American viewers who thought it would die without them. But instead, the LPGA found widespread support outside the American demographic of PGA Tour viewers and so it caters to those people instead. And in truth, it's doing just fine.

>

> In short, you neglected her. She left you. Now she's happy with someone else. And you keep talking about how if she'd change you'd take her back. Except she's posting wedding photos on Facebook and doesn't really even think about you, LOL. I mean, I'm sorry, but that's really how it looks.

This was hilarious, thanks Mello! Extra credit for not only referencing Austin Powers but an appropriate Facebook reference to boot.

I'm glad there's more international participation, makes it feel like an Olympics every weekend.

In 1999 the Americans won less than half the 38 events played. Except it wasn't the Korean and Thai players, it was the Australians (9), Koreans (6), Swedes (5), and Japanese (2). For those bemoaning the lack of American superstars/dominance, the Americans haven't won more than half the tournaments in a season since 1997, when they won 24 out of 39 events. [1997: 24/39, 1998: 17/36, 2000: 13/36, 2001: 10/38, 2002: 6/32, 2003: 8/31, 2004: 11/32, 2005: 10/34, 2006: 7/33, 2007: 12/34, 2008: 10/35, 2009: 6/29, 2010: 5/24, 2011: 4/23, 2012: 8/27, 2013: 7/27, 2014: 13/33, 2015: 8/32, 2016: 3/34, 2017: 8/34, 2018: 9/32]. For more than 20 years the tour has been dominated by foreign players such as Annika (72 wins), Karrie (41 wins), Lorena (27 wins), Se Ri (25 wins), Suzann (15 wins), Jiyai (11 wins), Ai (9 wins), and Yani (15 wins).

The tour has got younger, and more athletic. The scoring averages are down from 10 and 20 years ago. They hit the ball longer. Purses are more than double what they were 20 years ago. In 1999, the winner of the USWO made $315,000. Lucky 6 just cashed a check for $1 million. The smallest purse was $550,000, and now it's $1.1 million.

The American sponsors bailed on them during the Great Recession, so they adjusted. In 1999 they played 38 events. Only 3 tournaments were played outside the U.S. Sponsors included a who's who of American companies, including McDonalds, Nabisco, Sara Lee, Oldsmobile, Safeco, Safeway, and State Farm. By 2009 they were down to 28 events. Eleven were played outside the U.S. Gone were many of the old U.S. sponsors. In were HSBC, Honda, Corona, Evian, Samsung, Hana Bank, and Mizuno.

• Like 1

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

> @MelloYello said:

> I'm sorry but I have a hard time believing a lot of the critics who pop in to claim that they'd be more interested in the LPGA if it were more _this_ or more _that_. I'm sorry, but I just don't believe you guys. Ya'll aren't watching it regardless. You never did and you probably never would.

>

> Let's be 100%. The tour still has some of the old-school appeal with certain players but it is far younger, hipper, sexier...whatever you want to call it. It's got a much healthier more vibrant energy right now than ever before in it's history.

>

> If ya'll can't get on with the product as it is now, you just aren't into it. It's not hard to see.

>

> I'm not trying to insult the old school crowd, but guys, the LPGA ain't looking for your support and they don't need your advice. The tour does not need fixing because it's not _broken_.

>

> They re-branded a decade or more ago (which none of you seem not to have noticed one bit!) and it's taken on a new life as a result. The LPGA is booming relative to what it would be if it were reliant on American fan support. Ya'll decided you didn't give two craps about womens' sports a long time ago so they left and found other people to support them.

>

>

> To me, I think the success of LPGA golf in terms of its global popularity is probably insulting to a lot of American viewers who thought it would die without them. But instead, the LPGA found widespread support outside the American demographic of PGA Tour viewers and so it caters to those people instead. And in truth, it's doing just fine.

>

> In short, you neglected her. She left you. Now she's happy with someone else. And you keep talking about how if she'd change you'd take her back. Except she's posting wedding photos on Facebook and doesn't really even think about you, LOL. I mean, I'm sorry, but that's really how it looks.

One Million Likes.

> @MelloYello said:

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

I regret that I have but one thumb to give. I enjoy watching the LPGA. Mike Whan has put that tour back on its feet.

> @Hubijerk said:

> Wow, you LPGA fans sure take things personal.. Comparing this to a neglected spouse who left and married someone else...

> All I know is I watched intently for an hour or so today. What I saw was golf on a wide open 6000 yard pitch and putt with a little wind.

>

>

>

>

Judging the LPGA by the Bay Course is like judging the PGA by the Trinity Forest course.

• Like 1

Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge

let's face it...all the golf tours now are there to provide entertainment..

if they can't do that they either wither or disappear all together.

the PGA Tour is what the Olympics are to sports...it is the epitome of excellence in that sport.

the Olympics is also one of the most watched televised sports event if not THE most---it provides the ultimate in sports entertainment.

the other golf tours also provide entertainment but to varying lesser degrees..

....as a 73 year old golfer who has been involved in this game for 61 years now as a player and as part of the industry the golf events that provide the most entertainment for me and which I will always watch all 4 days are the 4 Men's majors...the other tour's majors I will watch at least the last day..

the regular PGA tour events also don't interest me much anymore unless my favorites are playing--ie--Tiger Woods....but I will watch the last day if it's close.

I watch the LPGA because my game is much more relatable to them now...and some are really easy on the eyes..

..I sometimes forget there is a Senior tour event on TV..

I may fit the profile of the super senior golfer nowadays but unless something drastic happens to how the other tours are handled these will be my preferences..

I hope this helps whoever is in charge of how to improve the LPGA..

Giga XF0710* driver/Hirohonma twin marks 355 10.5* driver
TEE XCG5 16.5* 4W, Giga XF-11 17* 4W
Daiwa New Super Lady 21* 7W
Mizuno Intage 27* 9W
Giga U3 21* hybrid
Tourstage Viq U5 25* hybrid
Adams V4 6H/7H
Adams V4 forged irons 8-PW,GW,SW,LW
HEAVY PUTTER mid-weight K4 putter
Sun Mountain H2N0 stand bag
Wilson Harmonized 55*/60*wedges
Cleveland 588 56/60

> @Pepperturbo said:

> My wife and her golfing friends have no interest in watching the LPGA. The common thought among them is they don't like how most of the LPGA dress (country clubs don't allow the same attire) and they prefer to watch American's but few are shown on camera.

>

> The way the LPGA tour has evolved, it's going to get increasingly difficult to attract viewers and sponsors.

>

I would like to comment on your comments, but I'll bite my tongue instead...

• Like 1

> @Hubijerk said:

> Wow, you LPGA fans sure take things personal.. Comparing this to a neglected spouse who left and married someone else...

> All I know is I watched intently for an hour or so today. What I saw was golf on a wide open 6000 yard pitch and putt with a little wind.

>

Don't take it personal. If you really want to give the LPGA a chance then watch a few of the bigger events. You're essentially telling us that having ignored men's golf you watched an hour of Harbor Town and weren't impressed.

Would you expect that sort of criticism to be taken seriously?

Harbor Town is a post-major event on a short course that inevitably features a leaderboard full of B-level players. To say it represents the PGA Tour would be a lie.

That's exactly what this weeks LPGA Shoprite tournament is. It's a post-major event. It's a 54-hole event. You've got 13 of the world's top-20 skipping the event. And on a tour that only has roughly 30-40 events, skipping something entirely says a lot!

Watching an hour of this is great. So thanks. But it's definitely not giving the LPGA a real chance. If you dig it, wonderful, but it's hardly fair to the product.

One thing you might not be aware of is that the LPGA has in the past (on average) played courses that are longer for the women than the men's courses are for them (relative to average driving distances). I don't know what the actual numbers are but for instance considering the following relationships:

250-yd drive / 6,500-yd course = 0.038

300-yd drive / 7,200-yd course = 0.042

The effect is that the PGA Tour allows their players to essentially over-power the golf courses they play. The knock is of course that their tournaments are won based on who putts the best that week. It does tend to get somewhat repetitive and boring in it's own way.

By comparison, the women's game puts a higher-priority on ball-striking. This tends to result in more consistent leaderboards week-in, week-out with the top names always being in the hunt come Sunday. One could also say that's predictable and boring I guess but I'd rather see a tournament won by ball-striking that I would putting. That's one nice thing about the LPGA versus the PGA.

It's ironic that while the PGA does feature the "best" ball-striking, the LPGA tournaments make that dimension of the game more of a priority.

Anyhow, if you want to knock it and walk away saying you gave it a chance go right ahead. Again, nobody is worried about there being a few naysayers. It's up to you whether you want to give this product a fair shake. The only possible downside is that it might be cool and you might be missing out on enjoying it.

It's really totally your call.

• Like 1

TSR3 (Dr) (Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-6)
TSR2 (3w / 7w) (Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-7)

zU85 (4-6) (UST Recoil)
Z-Forged (7-P) (Nippon Modus3)

SM6 50.F / 56.F / 60.S
Maltby PTM-5CS

> @Hubijerk said:

>

>

>

>

What you saw is no different than what you see on the PGA Tour. The women pretty much play longer courses than the men comparatively.

> @Hubijerk said:

> I didn't judge, I stated what I saw. I'll watch next week some around US Open coverage, and the week after. I'm giving it an honest shot.

I hope you got a chance to watch the final round today. The wind was blowing up to 30 mph, and it was anything but a pitch and putt. Some great scrambling, and a close finish.

> @Argonne69 said:

> > @Hubijerk said:

> > I didn't judge, I stated what I saw. I'll watch next week some around US Open coverage, and the week after. I'm giving it an honest shot.

>

> I hope you got a chance to watch the final round today. The wind was blowing up to 30 mph, and it was anything but a pitch and putt. Some great scrambling, and a close finish.

I did watch some of it, I did appreciate the caddie player interaction and I agree the shot making around the greens was great. I didn't see the ending but I'll catch the highlights later.

> @MelloYello said:

>

>

>

> s.

Let's face it....only a very small niche really like to watch golf...whether it be the men's or women's tour.

I myself like to watch good golf and it need not be at the pro level. Here in Vancouver, we rarely get to see the PGA or LPGA play here.

BUT

I like to watch some Am level golf....it's great to see good golf.

Recently I watched the 2018 Cdn Women's Am, a 2018 USGA men's Am local qualifier and recently last month, a Future Links event (girls and boys 18 and under). It was great to see a 13 yr old girl win and to watch teenage boys hit 330 yard drives and 200 yard moon ball 7 irons...in my books...this is good golf to watched some talented youth...boys and girls...no...it's not PGA nor LPGA level...but still good golf from the top players within the fields.

Golf is basically an individual sport...so why not root for the individuals vs. a nationality....why won't Americans watch the LPGA just because the US gals aren't playing well or dominating?.....xenophobia?

As a Canuck...I have my fav's from the US, S. Korea, Thailand, Japan, Taiwan, NZ, Australia, Germany, Spain, England, etc.

I've watched a fair share of the LPGA....I think I've only seen Brooke play 4 holes....and I think that was because she was paired with others I would rather watch.

Brooke is a great player.....but not a fav for me just because she's Canadian.

I never cheered for Lorie Kane and I think Mike Wier is a complete a**hat.

BUT

LET'S GO RAPTORS!...for those who might think I'm unpatriotic.

"why won't Americans watch the LPGA just because the US gals aren't playing well or dominating?.....xenophobia?"

Ouch... Or maybe it's that people like stories and people they can relate to. American sports are full of popular foreign athletes, I think calling the American sports fan xenophobic is unfair and too easy an out.

You said it yourself it was great to see a 13 y/o girl win the women's am.... But you specifically remember the athletic feats of the young men in the qualifier, and speak of them with reverence...

> @Argonne69 said:

> > @Hubijerk said:

> > I didn't judge, I stated what I saw. I'll watch next week some around US Open coverage, and the week after. I'm giving it an honest shot.

>

> I hope you got a chance to watch the final round today. The wind was blowing up to 30 mph, and it was anything but a pitch and putt. Some great scrambling, and a close finish.

30 mph winds on a Donald Ross course...yikes, LOL.

zU85 (4-6) (UST Recoil)

SM6 50.F / 56.F / 60.S
Maltby PTM-5CS

> @MelloYello said:

> I was disappointed by the turnout at the USWO. I mean, I live about 5 hours away so technically, I'm the problem, haha.

>

> When I think about why I didn't go, it just wasn't worth it. It would've been a long drive (both ways). Access to the nicer areas cost quite a bit. It was boiling hot. I would've had to go alone (which would've felt weird). And by the weekend it didn't seem like a great leaderboard.

>

> Still, I was disappointed more people weren't into it. I thought it was a bad look for the LPGA which usually draws more people. I have to say, that particular event seemed like one of the most ill-attended LPGA events I've seen in the last decade. For that to be the highlight event on Fox was really too bad. Without the normal announcers it was all the weirder.

>

> Maybe some of it is geographical? Even the NFL struggles in the south where NCAA football reigns. People here seem oblivious to the LPGA. It seems like some of the tournaments on the west coast are better attended? Certainly the ones in Asia seem to be well-supported by local fans who show up to watch in person.

Lol. Dude. We should have went together. My list of excuses sounded the same. And I feel your pain on the drive to Charleston. Nobody up here wants to do that. Ever. Lol.

I think here in the south we just don’t like the crowds. I know that’s me. I don’t like people that much. That plus the disconnect with the field. We need a strong american player to pull for. You can call fowl to that if you’d like. Just being honest. No different for the mens game in my eyes.

Loved to see Lexi win this week. I couldn’t be more bored with most of the other dominant players. AJ being an exception for me personally and a player who isn’t dominant but that I’d love to see do well is Michelle Wie.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @MelloYello said:

> > I was disappointed by the turnout at the USWO. I mean, I live about 5 hours away so technically, I'm the problem, haha.

> >

> > When I think about why I didn't go, it just wasn't worth it. It would've been a long drive (both ways). Access to the nicer areas cost quite a bit. It was boiling hot. I would've had to go alone (which would've felt weird). And by the weekend it didn't seem like a great leaderboard.

> >

> > Still, I was disappointed more people weren't into it. I thought it was a bad look for the LPGA which usually draws more people. I have to say, that particular event seemed like one of the most ill-attended LPGA events I've seen in the last decade. For that to be the highlight event on Fox was really too bad. Without the normal announcers it was all the weirder.

> >

> > Maybe some of it is geographical? Even the NFL struggles in the south where NCAA football reigns. People here seem oblivious to the LPGA. It seems like some of the tournaments on the west coast are better attended? Certainly the ones in Asia seem to be well-supported by local fans who show up to watch in person.

>

> Lol. Dude. We should have went together. My list of excuses sounded the same. And I feel your pain on the drive to Charleston. Nobody up here wants to do that. Ever. Lol.

>

> I think here in the south we just don’t like the crowds. I know that’s me. I don’t like people that much. That plus the disconnect with the field. We need a strong american player to pull for. You can call fowl to that if you’d like. Just being honest. No different for the mens game in my eyes.

>

> Loved to see Lexi win this week. I couldn’t be more bored with most of the other dominant players. AJ being an exception for me personally and a player who isn’t dominant but that I’d love to see do well is Michelle Wie.

That's too bad. I could definitely have seen myself going. I should've put out a feeler or something on WRX but it was a rough work week that bled into the weekend so it was really an after-thought sadly. I was just happy to be able to kick my feet up over the weekend and watch a few hours of coverage.

Lexi is a compelling figure for me but she's got to putt more consistently. Like Rory on the PGA Tour she has the talent to be the #1 player in the world if only for her balky putting. I love watching those players when they're on but when they are choking away tournaments with cringe-worthy putts I immediately start to hate them. It's the weirdest thing.

Lexi seems to be doing well with her new grip. Hopefully she sticks with it and it does something for her. I do wish our top American had a more "textbook" look a la Tiger. But that said, I do love what she can do with the ball. She's got a boat load of talent.

I have to admit her final approach was awe-inspiring. The guts to play a 140-yd PW from 190-yds thinking the wind was going to add 20 and that landing 30-yds short was the right thing...I mean, as someone who plays the game, I just can't imagine aiming 50-yds short from my target when I'm trying to put it as close as possible and win a tournament, LOL.

The amount of guts and commitment that took was really incredible!

• Like 1

zU85 (4-6) (UST Recoil)

SM6 50.F / 56.F / 60.S
Maltby PTM-5CS

> @Hubijerk said:

> "why won't Americans watch the LPGA just because the US gals aren't playing well or dominating?.....xenophobia?"

>

> Ouch... Or maybe it's that people like stories and people they can relate to. American sports are full of popular foreign athletes, I think calling the American sports fan xenophobic is unfair and too easy an out.

>

> You said it yourself it was great to see a 13 y/o girl win the women's am.... But you specifically remember the athletic feats of the young men in the qualifier, and speak of them with reverence...

I don't think it's xenophobia. It's more of competition, if your team is losing all the time.. you lose interest..

American's need to win more.. I think we only won 2 tournaments this year out of 14-15...

LGPA needs better coverage.. Only way to watch them is when golf channel decides to air them. If you don't have Golfchannel, you're out of luck.

I believe the deal with The Golf Channel ends this year. Hopefully the LPGA will negotiate a better deal, and add some streaming options.

I never watched LPGA golf until 3-years ago when my wife took up golfing and fell in love with the sport. Now we both watch PGA and LPGA events and attend a couple events each year ( pga -The Memorial & lpga- Marathon Classic) i really enjoy watching the women play and admire their talent. My wife had the time of her life last year on Wednesday's practice round at the Marathon Classic where she got to meet and talk to so many LPGA golfers ...

ovpc7e4aujeu.jpg

ha1580nmrw2f.jpg

5va2zgkyt4n5.jpg

4gfz6kw66u5k.jpg

• Like 1

> @8602081 said:

> > @Hubijerk said:

> > "why won't Americans watch the LPGA just because the US gals aren't playing well or dominating?.....xenophobia?"

> >

> > Ouch... Or maybe it's that people like stories and people they can relate to. American sports are full of popular foreign athletes, I think calling the American sports fan xenophobic is unfair and too easy an out.

> >

> > You said it yourself it was great to see a 13 y/o girl win the women's am.... But you specifically remember the athletic feats of the young men in the qualifier, and speak of them with reverence...

>

> I don't think it's xenophobia. It's more of competition, if your team is losing all the time.. you lose interest..

> American's need to win more.. I think we only won 2 tournaments this year out of 14-15...

> LGPA needs better coverage.. Only way to watch them is when golf channel decides to air them. If you don't have Golfchannel, you're out of luck.

>

I wouldn't call someone xenophobic because they want to pull for their nationality. That's their business. That said, I can't relate as much. There are too many compelling figures from other countries to do that.

It's inevitable that you're going to find players you enjoy watching who are from all different countries. I think that mix is part of what's cool about the LPGA. Given that golf is an individual sport, every player has their own story. I generally root for the player based on their talent, personality, competitive fire and maybe their golf swing, too. Some players are just more compelling than others.

But I don't think that Canadians have to root for Brooke Henderson or that Americans have to root for Lexi Thompson or that Australians have to pull for Minjee Lee. It just doesn't work that way. I think we all enjoyed watching Lydia Ko when she was on top and she's from New Zealand. I think that as fans we all just enjoy the top names. I can't really say I have a "favorite." In fact, I wouldn't say that about the PGA Tour either. But unlike the PGA where you certainly do have a lot of boring players (i.e. Kuchar, Leishman, Molinari, etc.), the LPGA elites are more balanced. Some folks might prefer it to see Brooke Henderson in the lead but no one is complaining if Sei Young Kim is on fire and going low.

The only reason I would really pull for a nationality is to avoid having the LPGA get too lopsided in the long run. Right now South Korea is pulling way ahead. Half of the top-10 are from South Korea. No other country can claim that many _elite_ players.

• Like 1

zU85 (4-6) (UST Recoil)

SM6 50.F / 56.F / 60.S
Maltby PTM-5CS

> @MelloYello said:

> To me, I think the success of LPGA golf in terms of its global popularity is probably insulting to a lot of American viewers who thought it would die without them.

Nah, I think that’s really ridiculous. The product would obviously have higher viewership if a Wie was dominant or even if an Annika was on top. But I don’t think the viewers that left have any malice against the product. It’s just not for them and there’s a ton of options out there. I like the LPGA as much as I ever have. But I also understand why the product as it is now doesn’t have as broad of an appeal as perhaps it once did for US viewers. But I also know it was never a juggernaut to begin with. It’s doing fine as it is now but I would imagine TPTB are hoping for better than fine and the more popular the product is the better it is for the players’ bank accounts.

> @ChronicSlicer said:

> I love when Sei Young Kim is on fire and going low, good one Mello!

I miss Ha Na Jang and all her prancing around and fist pumping...she was a great interview with her broken English.

I wonder if #LUGGAGEGATE never happened, if Ha Na would still be on the LPGA tour.....I assume In Gee was happy when Ha Na went packing for the KLPGA.

I love those crazy guys at the PGA of America.....I attended the 2016 KPMG....they paired In Gee, Ha Na & Mel Reid on Thurs & Fri.

The KPMG might have been the 1st tournament back from the #LUGGAGEGATE injury for In Gee.

They started off on the 10th tee on Thursday...it was so ICY between In Gee and Ha Na that I had to put on my winter parka....and it was June...lol.

In Gee is one of the nicest and approachable LPGA pros. She stood 15 yards away from the tee block until it was her time to tee off....it was a MAGICAL moment. :D

> @KBong said:

> > @ChronicSlicer said:

> > I love when Sei Young Kim is on fire and going low, good one Mello!

>

> I miss Ha Na Jang and all her prancing around and fist pumping...she was a great interview with her broken English.

> I wonder if #LUGGAGEGATE never happened, if Ha Na would still be on the LPGA tour.....I assume In Gee was happy when Ha Na went packing for the KLPGA.

>

> I love those crazy guys at the PGA of America.....I attended the 2016 KPMG....they paired In Gee, Ha Na & Mel Reid on Thurs & Fri.

> The KPMG might have been the 1st tournament back from the #LUGGAGEGATE injury for In Gee.

> They started off on the 10th tee on Thursday...it was so ICY between In Gee and Ha Na that I had to put on my winter parka....and it was June...lol.

> In Gee is one of the nicest and approachable LPGA pros. She stood 15 yards away from the tee block until it was her time to tee off....it was a MAGICAL moment. :D

Fingers crossed...maybe we'll see some of the PGA's creative genius again at the upcoming KPMG...when Stacy and Shanshan get paired up for Thurs & Fri.

........#BEIJINGGATE......2013 Reignwood tournament.

We keep talking about the interest in the past, but nobody has mentioned any actual numbers. What were the TV ratings in the 80s, 90s, and 00s? Heck, how many tournaments were actually aired?

Pretty much every type of TV broadcast has lower ratings these days than in the past simply because there are so many choices. I'd like to see some numbers before concluding that interest is down.

• Like 1