My Paper Tiger journey / 1 year full time golfer job starts Monday 7-1-19

grantc79

> @toc said:

> Does anyone have the most recent Crack Digest list of top 100 chiropractors? Asking for a friend

Just search CrackYouTube. Can't trust the Crack Digest. YouTube views are the truth. People vote with their clever little fingers

/s just in case

Callaway Paradym TD 10* Ventus Red TR 5S

Titleist TSR3 13.5* 3 Wood Tour AD-IZ 6S

Titleist TSR3 19* hybrid Modus GOST S

Titleist TSR2 24* hybrid Modus GOST S

Callaway Paradym Hybrid 27* Ventus non Velocore S

Titleist T100 2023 6-PW KBS Tour V S

Titleist SM8 50, 56, 60

Scotty Cameron X7.5 CS

> @PowderedToastMan said:

Thats actually not my coach that's another coach that works there, but thats the same hitting bay and location at Money Hill.

The person in that picture is this guy Jacob Bergeron:

https://www.golfchannel.com/article/golf-central-blog/bergeron-prevails-24-1-playoff-us-am

https://golfweek.com/2018/08/14/lsus-jacob-bergeron-planning-to-leave-school-turn-pro/

https://www.pgatour.com/la/en/news/2019/01/25/bergeron-claims-two-shot-win-at-qualifying-tournament.html

http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=5200&ATCLID=211284448

I'm sure all of you guys know better though as all of you have been teaching pros for decades and have PHD's in human anatomy.

Have a nice fellas going to play golf.

PS: 38 yesterday with 3 lip outs.

WITB: 

Aerojet 10.5 Ventus 7S

Cobra Tec 17, 21, 24 hybrids

New Level 623 CB 5-PW

Mizuno S23 52, 56, 60

> @"rich s" said:

> Marking this spot so I know where to start back up. Saving this gem for winter. There has never been a time in my life where I wanted winter to get here until now. You sir have the making of a legend. JonesScott left some big shoes to fill. Many have tried but their names are dust in the wind. You will only get back in return as much effort as you put into this troll. There will be days you are too tired or just not in the mood but I beg you to persevere. Be the man we are all hoping you to be.

Keep JonesScotts illustrious legacy out of this...we have a long way to go before we get to that level...OP hasn't even claimed to play from about 100 yards behind the tips yet.

WITB:
Driver: Ping G400 LST 8.5* Kuro Kage Silver TINI 70s
FW: Ping G25 4 wood Kuro Kage Silver TINI 80s
Utility: 20* King Forged Utility One Length C Taper Lite S
Irons: King Forged One Length 4-PW C Taper Lite S
Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 Black Satin 50, 54, 58
Putter: Custom Directed Force Reno 2.0 48" 80* Lie Side Saddle

> @Rohlio said:

> > @"rich s" said:

> > Marking this spot so I know where to start back up. Saving this gem for winter. There has never been a time in my life where I wanted winter to get here until now. You sir have the making of a legend. JonesScott left some big shoes to fill. Many have tried but their names are dust in the wind. You will only get back in return as much effort as you put into this troll. There will be days you are too tired or just not in the mood but I beg you to persevere. Be the man we are all hoping you to be.

>

> Keep JonesScotts illustrious legacy out of this...we have a long way to go before we get to that level...OP hasn't even claimed to play from about 100 yards behind the tips yet.

A walk, and a laugh, down memory lane:

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1513992/an-infamous-history-jonesscott

• Like 1

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

> @ebrasmus21 said:

> > @Rohlio said:

> > > @"rich s" said:

> > > Marking this spot so I know where to start back up. Saving this gem for winter. There has never been a time in my life where I wanted winter to get here until now. You sir have the making of a legend. JonesScott left some big shoes to fill. Many have tried but their names are dust in the wind. You will only get back in return as much effort as you put into this troll. There will be days you are too tired or just not in the mood but I beg you to persevere. Be the man we are all hoping you to be.

> >

> > Keep JonesScotts illustrious legacy out of this...we have a long way to go before we get to that level...OP hasn't even claimed to play from about 100 yards behind the tips yet.

>

> A walk, and a laugh, down memory lane:

>

> https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1513992/an-infamous-history-jonesscott

dude did you see my post in the general forum? I figured you might enjoy it. Called "what scratch golf sounds like". And to keep things on topic, OP I do applaud you for your efforts. I don't post many swing video's to my post either. I got into chasing positions but now I play golf. As a chronic back pain sufferer I can tell you that my pain is completely gone after seeing Dan Carraher. If your swing does produce pain at all, get a new coach.

> @grantc79 said:

> > @PowderedToastMan said:

> Thats actually not my coach that's another coach that works there, but thats the same hitting bay and location at Money Hill.

>

> The person in that picture is this guy Jacob Bergeron:

>

> https://www.golfchannel.com/article/golf-central-blog/bergeron-prevails-24-1-playoff-us-am

> https://golfweek.com/2018/08/14/lsus-jacob-bergeron-planning-to-leave-school-turn-pro/

> https://www.pgatour.com/la/en/news/2019/01/25/bergeron-claims-two-shot-win-at-qualifying-tournament.html

> http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=5200&ATCLID=211284448

>

>

> I'm sure all of you guys know better though as all of you have been teaching pros for decades and have PHD's in human anatomy.

>

> Have a nice fellas going to play golf.

>

> PS: 38 yesterday with 3 lip outs.

>

>

38 with 3 lip outs... that’s called a 38, and it’s possibly the worst brag in history, children’s brags included. I say “good job” to my 12 handicap brother when he posts a pressure free 38. There are at least 5-10 guys in this thread alone who have shot 9 hole rounds in 30 or better not including lip outs. Nobody talks about it though, because a round of golf is 18 HOLES.

Try entering a tournament where you play 18 in a day and see what kind of score you can string together. If you break 90, I’ll send you a congratulatory cake and nominate your teacher for the Nobel Prize in scientific advances.

Also, are you saying your coach has a PhD in human anatomy? Why in the world is he teaching golf? Or is he just self taught in anatomy and really good at it?

• Like 1

Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being.

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5 HZRDUS Smoke iM10 Green 60 TX 45.9" D3

Driver 2: Taylormade Burner Mini 11.5 HZRDUS Smoke Green 70 X D5

Fairway: Taylormade Stealth Plus 3 Wood HZRDUS Smoke Green 70X D6

Hybrid: Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 19.5 Tensei AV White 85 X D6

Irons: Sub70 659 MB 5-GW DG 105 X (Takomo 201's w/ occasional cameos)

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9 56 S Grind;  Cleveland RTX Full Face 64 DG 120 X E0

Putter: PXG Battle Ready Raptor 38” Wristlock Grip

I don't have a PhD in Human Anatomy...but I do have a Masters in Biomechanics and a Doctorate in Physical therapy and this thread has provided some amazing chuckles...

I love people arguing about terms they don't understand. Keep it coming.

WITB:

> @grantc79 said:

> Thats actually not my coach that's another coach that works there, but thats the same hitting bay and location at Money Hill.

>

> The person in that picture is this guy Jacob Bergeron:

>

> https://www.golfchannel.com/article/golf-central-blog/bergeron-prevails-24-1-playoff-us-am

> https://golfweek.com/2018/08/14/lsus-jacob-bergeron-planning-to-leave-school-turn-pro/

> https://www.pgatour.com/la/en/news/2019/01/25/bergeron-claims-two-shot-win-at-qualifying-tournament.html

> http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=5200&ATCLID=211284448

>

>

> I'm sure all of you guys know better though as all of you have been teaching pros for decades and have PHD's in human anatomy.

>

> Have a nice fellas going to play golf.

>

> PS: 38 yesterday with 3 lip outs.

>

>

You seem to miss the point that Jacob and Brooks play good golf in spite of restricted hip turn, not because of it.

Ask @MonteScheinblum What he would tell Brooks about restricting his hips.

> @PowderedToastMan said:

> > @grantc79 said:

> > > @PowderedToastMan said:

> > Thats actually not my coach that's another coach that works there, but thats the same hitting bay and location at Money Hill.

> >

> > The person in that picture is this guy Jacob Bergeron:

> >

> > https://www.golfchannel.com/article/golf-central-blog/bergeron-prevails-24-1-playoff-us-am

> > https://golfweek.com/2018/08/14/lsus-jacob-bergeron-planning-to-leave-school-turn-pro/

> > https://www.pgatour.com/la/en/news/2019/01/25/bergeron-claims-two-shot-win-at-qualifying-tournament.html

> > http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=5200&ATCLID=211284448

> >

> >

> > I'm sure all of you guys know better though as all of you have been teaching pros for decades and have PHD's in human anatomy.

> >

> > Have a nice fellas going to play golf.

> >

> > PS: 38 yesterday with 3 lip outs.

> >

> >

> 38 with 3 lip outs... that’s called a 38, and it’s possibly the worst brag in history, children’s brags included. I say “good job” to my 12 handicap brother when he posts a pressure free 38. There are at least 5-10 guys in this thread alone who have shot 9 hole rounds in 30 or better not including lip outs. Nobody talks about it though, because a round of golf is 18 HOLES.

Reminds me of back when I was trying my own 18 ->scratch journey. I played a few rounds with a friend who used to be on the Web.com tour and the first day I shot a 74 to his 71....I thought damn I am getting pretty good. Next day my 75 was crushed by 13 shots when he shot a 62. I realized that in a casual round with no pressure at all I just got beat by 16 shots over 36 holes and would have been easily 32 over 72 holes. This game is hard.

WITB:

If I could count my lip outs and burned edges I would be a +7 and most tour players would double their win total....I used to restrict my hips and follow the mainstream instruction.....scores gradually increased over 5 years before I could hardly break 80 unless everything went my way on the course. Then I stopped believing all of the crap thanks to Monte who backs up everything with evidence and after 4 years of working with him just 1x per year I'm down just below 0 (+0.3) and just shot 70 on Sunday hitting it the worst i have in 3 months and didn't make a putt over 5 ft. Bottom line is that betting on your handicap increasing would be the most surefire bet in Vegas right now

Driver: Sim2 with Ventus Blue 6x
FWY: Sim 2 Ti w/ TenseiAV Raw Blue 75x
Hybrid: PXG 0317x 17* with Fuji Pro 2.0 85x
Irons: PXG 0211ST w/KBS Tour X
54*: Titleist SM6 S grind black finish
58*: New Level Golf SPN Forged M Grind
Putter: Toulon San Diego

I looked at a youtube video from Rob Noel. His player's posture was exactly like that shown in the cage picture. The player was hitting a 6 iron with a normal length swing, which for him was about 3/4. He absolutely rotated his hips and his trail leg straightened a bit. So, I am deeper in the "Grant doesn't understand" camp.

> @farmer said:

> I looked at a youtube video from Rob Noel. His player's posture was exactly like that shown in the cage picture. The player was hitting a 6 iron with a normal length swing, which for him was about 3/4. He absolutely rotated his hips and his trail leg straightened a bit. So, I am deeper in the "Grant doesn't understand" camp.

> @ferrispgm said:

> If I could count my lip outs and burned edges I would be a +7 and most tour players would double their win total....I used to restrict my hips and follow the mainstream instruction.....scores gradually increased over 5 years before I could hardly break 80 unless everything went my way on the course. Then I stopped believing all of the crap thanks to Monte who backs up everything with evidence and after 4 years of working with him just 1x per year I'm down just below 0 (+0.3) and just shot 70 on Sunday hitting it the worst i have in 3 months and didn't make a putt over 5 ft. Bottom line is that betting on your handicap increasing would be the most surefire bet in Vegas right now

Bro...back in 82' I could throw the pigskin a quarter mile. If coach would have put me in we would have won state, no doubt in my mind.

> @farmer said:

> I looked at a youtube video from Rob Noel. His player's posture was exactly like that shown in the cage picture. The player was hitting a 6 iron with a normal length swing, which for him was about 3/4. He absolutely rotated his hips and his trail leg straightened a bit. So, I am deeper in the "Grant doesn't understand" camp.

I’ve gone back and forth on this. Ultimately, I’ve seen students so often misunderstand what they are being taught, that this is what is most likely happening here.

I bet though that the teacher probably teaches this internal vs. external rotation stuff and the OP went crazy extreme with it. For the record, I still hear on the lesson tee all the time that “good players don’t turn their hips on the backswing”. It’s garbage. They all turn their hips to varying degrees, even the ones “restricting”. You don’t need 3D mapping either to see it; the human eye can plainly detect it in real time.

> @Krt22 said:

> > @farmer said:

> > I looked at a youtube video from Rob Noel. His player's posture was exactly like that shown in the cage picture. The player was hitting a 6 iron with a normal length swing, which for him was about 3/4. He absolutely rotated his hips and his trail leg straightened a bit. So, I am deeper in the "Grant doesn't understand" camp.

>

> > @ferrispgm said:

> > If I could count my lip outs and burned edges I would be a +7 and most tour players would double their win total....I used to restrict my hips and follow the mainstream instruction.....scores gradually increased over 5 years before I could hardly break 80 unless everything went my way on the course. Then I stopped believing all of the crap thanks to Monte who backs up everything with evidence and after 4 years of working with him just 1x per year I'm down just below 0 (+0.3) and just shot 70 on Sunday hitting it the worst i have in 3 months and didn't make a putt over 5 ft. Bottom line is that betting on your handicap increasing would be the most surefire bet in Vegas right now

>

> Bro...back in 82' I could throw the pigskin a quarter mile. If coach would have put me in we would have won state, no doubt in my mind.

Uncle Rico is probably right. Did you see how hard he hit Kip with that steak from long distance?

> @Krt22 said:

> Scores? How many lip outs?

>

86 on the first 18. Easily could have been a 67 with better everything.

• Like 1

Anybody notice that I posted his exact score and predicted an excuse?! When are you all going to listen to me?!

> @Krt22 said:

> > > @farmer said:

> > > I don't think hair or lack thereof belongs in this thread.

> > Tiger started losing his hair and began rotating his hips more. Just sayin’...

> >

> >

>

> Who cares what he is doing today, let's look back at the swing prior to the 4 back surgeries!

Isn't the Foley swing arguably most responsible for that? Not disputing his misinterpretation of what Tiger was trying to do in 2000 btw.

I think Jason Day is a current example of the dangers of restricting hip turn too much.

Titleist TSi3 10* TPO 1K 60-TX
Titleist 917F3 15* VA Composite Drago 75-X (Ai Smoke TD otw)
Titleist T200 3 UB Thump 90-X / TSr3 19* Ventus Black 10-TX
Mizuno MP-20 4-9 PX 6.5

Mizuno T20 47-07 PX 6.5

Mizuno T22 52-09 56-10 PX 6.5

Vokey SM9 60-04T PX Wedge 6.5
Special Select Squareback 2 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 1.0

ProV1x

> @TLUBulldogGolf said:

> > @Krt22 said:

> > > @PowderedToastMan said:

> > > > @farmer said:

> > > > I don't think hair or lack thereof belongs in this thread.

> > > Tiger started losing his hair and began rotating his hips more. Just sayin’...

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Who cares what he is doing today, let's look back at the swing prior to the 4 back surgeries!

>

> Isn't the Foley swing arguably most responsible for that? Not disputing his misinterpretation of what Tiger was trying to do in 2000 btw.

>

> I think Jason Day is a current example of the dangers of restricting hip turn too much.

Foley did not help for sure, but there was already a lot of wear and tear. Either way, his current swing is very telling in terms of what a full turn will do to protect the back

> @grantc79 said:

> Got in 27 holes today I'm glad everyone had lots of time to post from the office :)

That all? During the year I took off to play golf, I would walk/play 54 a day during the week (exclusive NE CC which had very little traffic during the week). How much time did you spend on the range, the putting green, and in the short game area? It really seems like you don't have the force of will to bring out the tiger.

If I do this 11,548 more times, I will be having fun. - Zippy the Pinhead

not bad. I have found what helps me play better is when I don't have certain appendages inserted into certain orifices.

Driver: Sim2 with Ventus Blue 6x
FWY: Sim 2 Ti w/ TenseiAV Raw Blue 75x
Hybrid: PXG 0317x 17* with Fuji Pro 2.0 85x
Irons: PXG 0211ST w/KBS Tour X
54*: Titleist SM6 S grind black finish
58*: New Level Golf SPN Forged M Grind
Putter: Toulon San Diego

> @TMoakley1547 said:

> > @grantc79 said:

> > > @Krt22 said:

> > > Scores? How many lip outs?

> > >

> >

> > 40 and 86.

> >

> > **Struggled off the tee quite a bit** and impending tropical storm didn't help much either :)

>

> Try rotating your hips.

>

![](https://media1.tenor.com/images/6c26eb787cf05133783ac236b2fca0ca/tenor.gif?itemid=4940179 "")

• Like 1

Callaway Great Big Bertha 9* (Rogue Rip i/O 60x)
2016 M1 3HL (Aldila Rogue Silver 70x)
TaylorMade p790 3i (KBS Tour S)
TaylorMade RSi TP 4-9i (KBS Tour S)
Mizuno T7 Blue Ion 46-50-54-58 (S300)
Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hurryupgolf/?hl=en