My Paper Tiger journey / 1 year full time golfer job starts Monday 7-1-19

grantc79

> @PowderedToastMan said:

> Finau is 6’4, his cousin is in the NBA, and Tony has fast twitch that you couldn’t even dream of having. You, on the other hand, are old and bald.

>

> Stop comparing yourselves to these guys. You should be trying to get your downswing like them, then you’ll actually play some good golf.

If the lack of hair is correlated to golf talent then it explains a lot about my game.

• Like 1

> @DavePelz4 said:

> > @PowderedToastMan said:

> > Finau is 6’4, his cousin is in the NBA, and Tony has fast twitch that you couldn’t even dream of having. You, on the other hand, are old and bald.

> >

> > Stop comparing yourselves to these guys. You should be trying to get your downswing like them, then you’ll actually play some good golf.

>

> If the lack of hair is correlated to golf talent then it explains a lot about my game.

I’m bald(ing) too and very short. It’s why I don’t swing like Tony Finau. It’s also why I don’t shoot like Steph Curry, because if I released a ball from my chin, no matter how fast, I’d never get a shot off without getting blocked.

I should probably clarify for the OP that I’m using humour to make the point that he isn’t built like Tony Finau (BEING BALD DOES NOT INFLUENCE HOW YOU SWING). Trying to swing like him isn’t going to look the same no matter what he does and there are huge flaws in what the OP thinks these pros are doing.

Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being.

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5 HZRDUS Smoke iM10 Green 60 TX 45.9" D3

Driver 2: Taylormade Burner Mini 11.5 HZRDUS Smoke Green 70 X D5

Fairway: Taylormade Stealth Plus 3 Wood HZRDUS Smoke Green 70X D6

Hybrid: Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 19.5 Tensei AV White 85 X D6

Irons: Sub70 659 MB 5-GW DG 105 X (Takomo 201's w/ occasional cameos)

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9 56 S Grind;  Cleveland RTX Full Face 64 DG 120 X E0

Putter: PXG Battle Ready Raptor 38” Wristlock Grip

> @grantc79 said:

> > @Krt22 said:

> > > @matthewb said:

> > > > @grantc79 said:

> > > > I understand it's contrary to what's always been taught but at the end of the day quoting Sam Snead and all the old golfers isn't really applicable

> > > >

> > > > they were all around pre trackman and frankly before we truly understood how the human body works

> > > >

> > > > A golfers back pain level from the 1950s swinging a wooden club seems pretty ancient to me

> > > >

> > > > That's the equivalent of putting leeches on your broken arm ?

> > >

> > > We have nothing to learn from Sam Snead? This sure smells like a troll thread!

> >

> > Unfortunately I don't think it is, instead the OP is exhibiting all the classic downfalls of why a lot of golfer's don't ever reach their full potential. Fundamental misunderstanding of certain things and misunderstanding of causation/correlation. The fact that BK is his model is very much proof of that, he thinks/assumes BK is a great golfer due to his hip action. Well if it works for Brooks, it will work for me and I will be a great golfer, right? BKs hip action is one of those things that works for a world class athlete, that doesn't mean it will work great for most amateurs (or even other pros). Same with DJs bowed wrist, Rory's hip stall, etc.

> >

> > With that being said, I am bowing out of the thread. If the OP wants to ruin his back and/or his golf swing, can't say we didn't try!

>

> Its raining here so I'm going to suck you back in....

>

> If thats the case, should I not straighten my leg and lash at it like Bubba Watson because hes a world class athlete?

> Should I try to take it inside because Wolff takes it way outside and hes a world class athlete so I couldn't hope to emulate it..

>

> All those PGA tour guys have flat left wrists at impact, but they are world class athletes so we shouldn't strive for that. Just flip at it right?

>

> I coached basketball for years and played basketball for even longer. Steph Curry has about as sound of a jump shot as you will find. I teach kids to emulate that jump shot because its PERFECT. I don't tell them don't do that, hes a world class shooter you cant hope to do that.

>

> Maybe the reason why golfers don't reach their full potential is close mindedness and lack of effort?

>

> Or maybe its because they seek guidance from the internet or random people on golf forums as opposed to the guys coaching major champions.....

Dude, restrict your hips if you want. But only because you seem to want to be on the cutting edge of golf instruction, you might want to know that all the best teachers in the world are encouraging freedom of rotation in the backswing and downswing. Restricting the hips was very much a 90s and early 2000s idea that was misinterpreted by the local golf pro. If you were to copy anything from BK's swing that could help you, it would be how he uses his arms and wrists in the downswing, which is basically the opposite of what you do (pulling on the handle and separating the elbows which steepens the shaft and leaves the clubface open excessively very late in the downswing and then you have to stand up and thrust your right arm at the ball well before impact to square it). The first step in getting better is getting the right information from someone knowledgeable (not you)

> @grantc79 said:

> > @matthewb said:

> > > @CallawayLefty said:

> > > Anybody remember the guy that did one of these a few years ago, then shortly thereafter started a thread called “How To Talk About Golf” that was just a disguised missive on how a 12 handicap should be allowed to play blades?

> > >

> > > This is starting to sound eerily familiar.

> >

> > You might be more correct than you know. Have you seen this thread?

> >

> > https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1776212/holy-grail-found-game-improvement-zero-offset-great-company-great-feel#latest

>

> Is that the thread where lots of Golfwrx posters argued with me and for the record Tom Wishon on the fact that weakening lofts reduces offset?

>

> **_"Yes, if you weaken the lofts, the offset will be decreased. This is all because as the face "tilts back more" from increasing the loft, the bottom of the face juts outward a little more in the process, thus reducing the offset. For a 2* increase in loft, you should see the offset reduced by 1.5mm. To a golfer with a LOT of experience looking at irons and with a discerning eye, this is noticeable. Typically though, a reduction in offset doesn't usually look odd unless the leading edge starts to look like it has moved out in front of the forward part of the hosel.

> TOM WISHON"_**

>

> https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/523749/effect-of-bending-irons-weak-loft-on-offset/p1

>

> I think you are proving my point that many Golfwrx posters like to argue about things they haven't taken much time to research........

We can pick it up in that thread rather than this one. However, let's note that no one was disputing that weakening loft reduces offset. What was at issue is your insistence that you "go left" because of offset rather than realizing/admitting that your swing has more to do with it than offset. Your videos in this thread confirm that your swing is the root cause of "going left."

You're proving that you simply don't listen to others and you don't desire to engage in dialogue. You're probably better off starting a no-comments-allowed blog where you have the one & only soapbox.

> @DavePelz4 said:

> > Finau is 6’4, his cousin is in the NBA, and Tony has fast twitch that you couldn’t even dream of having. You, on the other hand, are old and bald.

> >

> > Stop comparing yourselves to these guys. You should be trying to get your downswing like them, then you’ll actually play some good golf.

>

> If the lack of hair is correlated to golf talent then it explains a lot about my game.

"Finau is 6’4, his cousin is in the NBA, and Tony has fast twitch that you couldn’t even dream of having. You, on the other hand, are old and bald. "

I know it was all in good humor but dang @PowderedToastMan the above is just about the funniest thing I've read in a while.

> @iteachgolf said:

> Oh man. This will be fun.

It's already been a wild ride, getting more interesting by the hour. "The Alcatraz is the most *cough* 'interesting' training aid I've ever seen".

----> See my current WITB
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9°, Fujikura VENTUS Red 6 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 15° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 18° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Mizuno MP-18 MMC 3 Fli-Hi | 4-PW, Project X LZ 6.5
Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

> @iteachgolf said:

Was hoping you’d join in. If you want to be rocked to the core read the first 7 pages.

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

I literally busted out laughing in my office reading this whole post.....I've only read from a handful of people this thick headed and this one is up there. The OPs assertion that it must be correct because some top 100 instructors teach it is bogus.....Not only are those lists mostly popularity contests but using this theory then the earth must have been flat at one point because every scientist at the time said it was. If I was the OP and I was actually serious about improving...I would run far away from this instructor and seek out someone who actually knows the swing. I hope to God this is a trolling post and the OP isn't serious. If he is serious then I smell a higher handicap, physical therapy and 1 less golfer in the stats in the near future. Heck....he could drop 7 shots just by getting rid of the misconceptions lol

Driver: Sim2 with Ventus Blue 6x
FWY: Sim 2 Ti w/ TenseiAV Raw Blue 75x
Hybrid: PXG 0317x 17* with Fuji Pro 2.0 85x
Irons: PXG 0211ST w/KBS Tour X
54*: Titleist SM6 S grind black finish
58*: New Level Golf SPN Forged M Grind
Putter: Toulon San Diego

> @Quicksilver said:

> play 9 always to the 100 yard marker, then nine always to the 50 yard marker;

Hey Quick, welcome to the forum. Can you explain what you mean here? How do you play this game? Hit a tee shot, then a shot to the 100 yard marker and then a shot in to the green on every par 4/5?

> @iteachgolf said:

OP, meet Dan. He has taught/teaches tour pros and might know more about the science of the swing than anyone. Why don’t you go ahead and explain your ideas to Dan?

• Like 1

> @farmer said:

> I don't think hair or lack thereof belongs in this thread.

Tiger started losing his hair and began rotating his hips more. Just sayin’...

Marking this spot so I know where to start back up. Saving this gem for winter. There has never been a time in my life where I wanted winter to get here until now. You sir have the making of a legend. JonesScott left some big shoes to fill. Many have tried but their names are dust in the wind. You will only get back in return as much effort as you put into this troll. There will be days you are too tired or just not in the mood but I beg you to persevere. Be the man we are all hoping you to be.

• Like 2

> @Shades234 said:

> > @Quicksilver said:

> > play 9 always to the 100 yard marker, then nine always to the 50 yard marker;

>

> Hey Quick, welcome to the forum. Can you explain what you mean here? How do you play this game? Hit a tee shot, then a shot to the 100 yard marker and then a shot in to the green on every par 4/5?

- Yes. However you want to get to the marker - 2 7 irons or hybrid, wedge, etc. Same way to the 50. If you can wedge in and one put from the marker, par. (Assuming you can get to the marker in 2 less than par.)

> @grantc79 said:

> > @drewtaylor21 said:

> > > @grantc79 said:

> > > > @drewtaylor21 said:

> > >

> > > > Are we on the same page there?

> > >

> > > From my point of view I would argue not really. In my mind in order to get internal hip rotation it needs to be rotating against something. Its hard for me to say that hes internally rotating into his hip when his back leg hip has rotated so far to the back that its way out of the way.

> > >

> > > Forgive the odd analogy but can you close or open a revolving hotel lobby door? In order to coil hard you must coil against a stable object. If what you are coiling into simply rotates almost indefinitely backwards then its very hard to coil into it.

> >

> > I see. Good news is that it's a fairly simple misunderstanding of anatomy - if you want to look into it more, read up on "open chain vs. closed chain hip internal rotation." As long as the trail foot is planted (closed chain), the femur is fixed and the player can turn/load/coil into the hip. If the foot was not planted, then you would have the situation you've described where you just spin. Thus, the more you can turn into the hip, the greater "coil" you'll have in the hips, more power, less strain on the lumbar spine, etc. Win-win.

> >

> > >

> > > The reason I use Koepka as an example is because he internally loads into his trail leg while not swinging/opening that hip backwards like in the picture above.

> > > Koepka's actual hips may have OPENED 5 degrees max at the top of his swing. In that pic his hips have opened a ton.

> > >

> > Koepka has very little trail hip internal rotation, yes. Koepka and Finau are very rare in terms of high speed guys who don't turn very far - definitely not the norm. Nicklaus, on the other hand, has a lot of trail hip internal rotation, as do most of the greats and most of the best ball strikers (and every long driver ever - what does that tell you?). My guess is that the restricted motion you're drilling "feels" tight and coiled, which leads you to believe it is a more powerful position for you. What I'm suggesting is that you are coiling in the wrong places if you are restricting hip rotation, and that you might be able to swing decently that way for a while but that eventually it will likely result in injury or pain.

> >

> > Here is one of the best examples I could give you. As a 14 year old girl, Wie was able to keep up with some of the PGA Tour guys off the tee at the Sony Open in 2004, and she had an incredibly bright future. While she has had a nice career, injury and other issues have resulted in underachievement. Take a look at her swing in 2004 vs. what she's been seen working on. Oh by the way, her coach who changed what WAS a beautiful and powerful swing has been in the "top 100" forever. I'm not a swing expert, but I am an expert in the human body and it absolutely makes me CRINGE to see what she's been taught. Restriction of the lower body is not a good idea!

> > oqm7ehe3rg1k.png

> > 2004

> >

> > o93adtsso40w.png

> > 2018

>

> That bottom Michelle Wie picture is not what I'm doing.

>

> The picture shows someone actively trying to not allow internal hip rotation by holding the left knee in place in the backswing.

>

> That is the exact opposite of what I'm being taught.

>

> What I am bring taught is the top picture knee and hip action with less opening of the hips.

Said in a different way, you're not being taught to restrict trail hip IR by holding the left knee, you're being taught to restrict trail hip IR by preventing the hips from turning....

The end result is exactly the same.

Callaway Great Big Bertha 9* (Rogue Rip i/O 60x)
2016 M1 3HL (Aldila Rogue Silver 70x)
TaylorMade p790 3i (KBS Tour S)
TaylorMade RSi TP 4-9i (KBS Tour S)
Mizuno T7 Blue Ion 46-50-54-58 (S300)
Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hurryupgolf/?hl=en

> @Krt22 said:

> > @grantc79 said:

> > > @b_f_c_99 said:

> > > OP you may want to google George Ganakas matchup videos. He does a great job of explaining how different swings work. I see nothing but bad with that pvc cage. All sorts of ways to swing a club effectively if you put the right pieces together, and then learn to tune out the other bs.

> >

> > Yah see this post above:

> >

> > My coach has interviewed physical therapists, doctors, and studied tons of stuff to arrive at this. I was on the fence on it and wasn't sure about it and actually spoke to the other local coach who told me "you don't have to do it but I teach the exact same thing because its the best way to swing a golf club"

> >

> > This is my coach:

> > http://www.robnoelgolfacademy.com/

> >

> > He was Patrick Reed's coach until he graduated college, John Riegger's coach who plays on the senior tour, Brian Watts who **** near won the British Open, Ken Looper web.com tour, Casey Crain web.com tour, Kelly Gibson PGA Tour, Tommy Moore PGA Tour, Jacob Bergeron who qualified for the US Open last year and was top 12 amateur in the world, half the LSU golf team mens and womens for going on a decade, countless others.

> >

> > This is the other guy who I spoke to who invented the D-Plane:

> > https://blog.trackmangolf.com/understanding-d-plane-james-leitz/

> > https://suncountrypga.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/James-Leitz-Bio.pdf

> >

> > These guys aren't idiots giving lessons at the local driving range. I'm not telling you that you should believe they are right and be converted. But what I am saying to you is this isn't my thoughts, these are THEIR thoughts and if you truly are seeking the best possible way to play golf you should at least CONSIDER a different point of view.

>

> Yeah given how woefully you misinterpreted the Tiger/Butch segment, it would not surprise me if what they actually teach and what you think they are teaching are actually two different things. Many many students can take tidbits of instruction/information incorrectly or take certain things and way over do it.

>

> Either way, the restricted hip turn concept has largely been discredited/disbunked and a handful of pros that still do it does not proof that it's "the best possible way to play golf". Heck the first pro you mention is Patrick Reed, who has a full turn with plenty of right leg extension.

So went to OP's swing coach's Instagram and found this. Feel like calling CPS, poor kid.

OP is not lying about what his coach is teaching him.

OP: find a new coach, or a new back.

• Like 2

> @PowderedToastMan said:

> > @DavePelz4 said:

> > > @PowderedToastMan said:

> > > Finau is 6’4, his cousin is in the NBA, and Tony has fast twitch that you couldn’t even dream of having. You, on the other hand, are old and bald.

> > >

> > > Stop comparing yourselves to these guys. You should be trying to get your downswing like them, then you’ll actually play some good golf.

> >

> > If the lack of hair is correlated to golf talent then it explains a lot about my game.

>

> I’m bald(ing) too and very short. It’s why I don’t swing like Tony Finau. It’s also why I don’t shoot like Steph Curry, because if I released a ball from my chin, no matter how fast, I’d never get a shot off without getting blocked.

>

> I should probably clarify for the OP that I’m using humour to make the point that he isn’t built like Tony Finau (BEING BALD DOES NOT INFLUENCE HOW YOU SWING). Trying to swing like him isn’t going to look the same no matter what he does and there are huge flaws in what the OP thinks these pros are doing.

>

>

Pump fakes are your best friend PTM!! Sometimes I had to go to the third or fourth fake to get them to leave their feet......but they almost always do!?

BTW, very short and very, very bald here. And the correlation works for me, no heighth, no hair.......no game. ?

> @nfmoto said:

> > @Krt22 said:

> > > @grantc79 said:

> > > > @b_f_c_99 said:

> > > > OP you may want to google George Ganakas matchup videos. He does a great job of explaining how different swings work. I see nothing but bad with that pvc cage. All sorts of ways to swing a club effectively if you put the right pieces together, and then learn to tune out the other bs.

> > >

> > > Yah see this post above:

> > >

> > > My coach has interviewed physical therapists, doctors, and studied tons of stuff to arrive at this. I was on the fence on it and wasn't sure about it and actually spoke to the other local coach who told me "you don't have to do it but I teach the exact same thing because its the best way to swing a golf club"

> > >

> > > This is my coach:

> > > http://www.robnoelgolfacademy.com/

> > >

> > > He was Patrick Reed's coach until he graduated college, John Riegger's coach who plays on the senior tour, Brian Watts who **** near won the British Open, Ken Looper web.com tour, Casey Crain web.com tour, Kelly Gibson PGA Tour, Tommy Moore PGA Tour, Jacob Bergeron who qualified for the US Open last year and was top 12 amateur in the world, half the LSU golf team mens and womens for going on a decade, countless others.

> > >

> > > This is the other guy who I spoke to who invented the D-Plane:

> > > https://blog.trackmangolf.com/understanding-d-plane-james-leitz/

> > > https://suncountrypga.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/James-Leitz-Bio.pdf

> > >

> > > These guys aren't idiots giving lessons at the local driving range. I'm not telling you that you should believe they are right and be converted. But what I am saying to you is this isn't my thoughts, these are THEIR thoughts and if you truly are seeking the best possible way to play golf you should at least CONSIDER a different point of view.

> >

> > Yeah given how woefully you misinterpreted the Tiger/Butch segment, it would not surprise me if what they actually teach and what you think they are teaching are actually two different things. Many many students can take tidbits of instruction/information incorrectly or take certain things and way over do it.

> >

> > Either way, the restricted hip turn concept has largely been discredited/disbunked and a handful of pros that still do it does not proof that it's "the best possible way to play golf". Heck the first pro you mention is Patrick Reed, who has a full turn with plenty of right leg extension.

>

> So went to OP's swing coach's Instagram and found this. Feel like calling CPS, poor kid.

>

> OP is not lying about what his coach is teaching him.

>

> OP: find a new coach, or a new back.

OP, I sincerely apologize for my criticisms of your theory. I truly thought you were misinterpreting what your coach was saying, but clearly you weren’t.

While I disagree with what you are working on, I hope you play better golf. I might be wrong about your coach, but I was once taught by a “respected” one who is high in the ranks of the Canadian PGA. You seem to really trust your coach though so I hope it works out.

Good luck. I can’t get lured into this thread anymore. It drives me crazy how bad so many teaching pros are and I think this thread might put me over the edge of sanity. I was in the industry for a long time and it was my ultimate pet peeve.

> @"deadsolid...shank" said:

> > > @DavePelz4 said:

> > > > @PowderedToastMan said:

> > > > Finau is 6’4, his cousin is in the NBA, and Tony has fast twitch that you couldn’t even dream of having. You, on the other hand, are old and bald.

> > > >

> > > > Stop comparing yourselves to these guys. You should be trying to get your downswing like them, then you’ll actually play some good golf.

> > >

> > > If the lack of hair is correlated to golf talent then it explains a lot about my game.

> >

> > I’m bald(ing) too and very short. It’s why I don’t swing like Tony Finau. It’s also why I don’t shoot like Steph Curry, because if I released a ball from my chin, no matter how fast, I’d never get a shot off without getting blocked.

> >

> > I should probably clarify for the OP that I’m using humour to make the point that he isn’t built like Tony Finau (BEING BALD DOES NOT INFLUENCE HOW YOU SWING). Trying to swing like him isn’t going to look the same no matter what he does and there are huge flaws in what the OP thinks these pros are doing.

> >

> >

>

> Pump fakes are your best friend PTM!! Sometimes I had to go to the third or fourth fake to get them to leave their feet......but they almost always do!?

>

> BTW, very short and very, very bald here. And the correlation works for me, no heighth, no hair.......no game. ?

>

Having been fortunate to play with DSS, he's the exception to the lack of hair vs talent rule. He's got serious game and kept up distance wise with a 35 Y/O WRX'er who smacks the ball. Can't speak for his jumper though.

> @"deadsolid...shank" said:

> > > @DavePelz4 said:

> > > > @PowderedToastMan said:

> > > > Finau is 6’4, his cousin is in the NBA, and Tony has fast twitch that you couldn’t even dream of having. You, on the other hand, are old and bald.

> > > >

> > > > Stop comparing yourselves to these guys. You should be trying to get your downswing like them, then you’ll actually play some good golf.

> > >

> > > If the lack of hair is correlated to golf talent then it explains a lot about my game.

> >

> > I’m bald(ing) too and very short. It’s why I don’t swing like Tony Finau. It’s also why I don’t shoot like Steph Curry, because if I released a ball from my chin, no matter how fast, I’d never get a shot off without getting blocked.

> >

> > I should probably clarify for the OP that I’m using humour to make the point that he isn’t built like Tony Finau (BEING BALD DOES NOT INFLUENCE HOW YOU SWING). Trying to swing like him isn’t going to look the same no matter what he does and there are huge flaws in what the OP thinks these pros are doing.

> >

> >

>

> Pump fakes are your best friend PTM!! Sometimes I had to go to the third or fourth fake to get them to leave their feet......but they almost always do!?

>

> BTW, very short and very, very bald here. And the correlation works for me, no heighth, no hair.......no game. ?

>

I used screens like Steph Curry before Steph Curry was Steph Curry ;)

> @grantc79 said:

> > @milesgiles said:

> > Not sure what you meant by 'uptick' on the backswing?

> > I think most reasonable golfers would have a similar opinion on what you need to work on, since you've made it clear you don't require that input, like I said, fine.. but just tell us again who you are modelling your swing on, the two or three things you are trying to change?

>

> If I had to pick one it would be Koepka but really only his backswing.

>

> Things I'm trying to change:

> 1: Keep knee bend throughout backswing dont straighten

> 2: Not allow my right hip to rotate backward at all in backswing at all

> 3: Get my shaft higher up at the top of the backswing. I'm good with the plane angle, I just want it up more through the shoulder as opposed to the tricep.

Wow! just discovered this thread...in the heat of it and can't wait to keep reading but couldn't refrain here from commenting on #'s 1 & 2 above...

33xasko28dbc.jpg

Ping g430max 10k 10.5*- rogue white 130 60tx
sim2ti 15* - speeder evo 3 757x
ping g425 20.5* - rogue 125 80tx
4-gw ap1 jpx921 hm/hm pro - 120x1’s
 sm5 56.10 - s400ti
sm8 60m - s400ti
piretti potenza ii 365g 34"

> @Krt22 said:

> Yikes! I was really trying to give him the benefit of the doubt, but man there is more than one Alcatraz device in existence?

Yes. My wife insisted that I paint it the same color as the duvet.

Callaway Rogue Max LS Driver, 9 degrees, Tensei Blue shaft

Mizuno ST180 5 wood

Ping G425 Max 7 wood
Srixon ZX4 4 iron
Srixon ZX5 irons 5-PW, Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 Tour 120 shafts

Cleveland RTX6 48* wedge

Cleveland Zipcore 54* wedge
Cleveland RTX 58* full face wedge
Nike Method Core Drone 2.0 putter 34"

> @DavePelz4 said:

> > @"deadsolid...shank" said:

> > > @PowderedToastMan said:

> > > > @DavePelz4 said:

> > > > > @PowderedToastMan said:

> > > > > Finau is 6’4, his cousin is in the NBA, and Tony has fast twitch that you couldn’t even dream of having. You, on the other hand, are old and bald.

> > > > >

> > > > > Stop comparing yourselves to these guys. You should be trying to get your downswing like them, then you’ll actually play some good golf.

> > > >

> > > > If the lack of hair is correlated to golf talent then it explains a lot about my game.

> > >

> > > I’m bald(ing) too and very short. It’s why I don’t swing like Tony Finau. It’s also why I don’t shoot like Steph Curry, because if I released a ball from my chin, no matter how fast, I’d never get a shot off without getting blocked.

> > >

> > > I should probably clarify for the OP that I’m using humour to make the point that he isn’t built like Tony Finau (BEING BALD DOES NOT INFLUENCE HOW YOU SWING). Trying to swing like him isn’t going to look the same no matter what he does and there are huge flaws in what the OP thinks these pros are doing.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Pump fakes are your best friend PTM!! Sometimes I had to go to the third or fourth fake to get them to leave their feet......but they almost always do!?

> >

> > BTW, very short and very, very bald here. And the correlation works for me, no heighth, no hair.......no game. ?

> >

>

> Having been fortunate to play with DSS, he's the exception to the lack of hair vs talent rule. He's got serious game and kept up distance wise with a 35 Y/O WRX'er who smacks the ball. Can't speak for his jumper though.

Jump???

I was like Ollie from Hoosiers!