George Gankas Online Coaching

cookszn

> @ironcat said:

> > @TheMarvelousOne said:

> > I'm a big fan of this new site. $50 is kinda steep but I cancelled my other 2 subscription based instruction accounts to make up for it. Love how it's broken down piece by piece and will not allow you to just skip through the curriculum. Very structured, which I need.

>

> Great to hear someone who's signed up - can you possibly provide some insight?

> How is the content organised?

> How does it enforce you to "not skip" the content?

> Can you provide any screenshots?

> As I understand it there are video lessons and tests one must complete?

> Is the forum active?

> Does George chime in?

> Is there an opportunity for swing feedback from GG or his assistants?

>

>

The whole site is structured into different parts, the first is Level 1: Learn. In that Level the active sections now are Foundations (made up of 26 one to five minute videos), Full Swing 1, Full Swing 2. It took me about two weeks at night to get through all the content that's available, there are a lot of videos that go into a ton of detail of how to match things up. The videos are locked, so you can't jump around you have to watch all of them in order, which frankly is really helpful. There are quizzes at the end, usually 3-5 questions, that are very easy. Each video also has questions from other members and answers from his assistants.

Remaining in Level 1 is the Forum, Full Swing 3 (opening in 21 days), Vlog, Chipping (opening in 51 days) Pitching (66 days) Sand + Flop, Putting, and then Full Swing, Chip + Pitch, Bunker and Putting Faults and Fixes (80-111 days). Level 2 - Apply has 7 more courses, Level 3 has 4, those are opening 225 up to 300 days from now.

I bought the yearly membership, I do think it was worth it, for the first time in a while I can look at old videos and see what was off and what I need to work on. I also was burned by the GG SwingTips and Gabe Writer/MTI sites, this is significantly better in terms of material. This site is also a lot more structured and comprehensive from the YouTube videos still being released by the prior crew, I thought seeing those is there really much more. There is no one stock GG swing model, he makes it very clear and goes down a ton of paths of if you do X, you need to do Y to match it up. After playing a few rounds I've noticed an improvement, by far the biggest thing for me was getting the setup right.

• Like 2

> @gators78 said:

> > @ironcat said:

> > > @TheMarvelousOne said:

> > > I'm a big fan of this new site. $50 is kinda steep but I cancelled my other 2 subscription based instruction accounts to make up for it. Love how it's broken down piece by piece and will not allow you to just skip through the curriculum. Very structured, which I need.

> >

> > Great to hear someone who's signed up - can you possibly provide some insight?

> > How is the content organised?

> > How does it enforce you to "not skip" the content?

> > Can you provide any screenshots?

> > As I understand it there are video lessons and tests one must complete?

> > Is the forum active?

> > Does George chime in?

> > Is there an opportunity for swing feedback from GG or his assistants?

> >

> >

>

> The whole site is structured into different parts, the first is Level 1: Learn. In that Level the active sections now are Foundations (made up of 26 one to five minute videos), Full Swing 1, Full Swing 2. It took me about two weeks at night to get through all the content that's available, there are a lot of videos that go into a ton of detail of how to match things up. The videos are locked, so you can't jump around you have to watch all of them in order, which frankly is really helpful. There are quizzes at the end, usually 3-5 questions, that are very easy. Each video also has questions from other members and answers from his assistants.

>

> Remaining in Level 1 is the Forum, Full Swing 3 (opening in 21 days), Vlog, Chipping (opening in 51 days) Pitching (66 days) Sand + Flop, Putting, and then Full Swing, Chip + Pitch, Bunker and Putting Faults and Fixes (80-111 days). Level 2 - Apply has 7 more courses, Level 3 has 4, those are opening 225 up to 300 days from now.

>

> I bought the yearly membership, I do think it was worth it, for the first time in a while I can look at old videos and see what was off and what I need to work on. I also was burned by the GG SwingTips and Gabe Writer/MTI sites, this is significantly better in terms of material. This site is also a lot more structured and comprehensive from the YouTube videos still being released by the prior crew, I thought seeing those is there really much more. There is no one stock GG swing model, he makes it very clear and goes down a ton of paths of if you do X, you need to do Y to match it up. After playing a few rounds I've noticed an improvement, by far the biggest thing for me was getting the setup right.

Spot on! I’m only in CA one time a year so having an actual lesson from George is a longshot

Ping G400 - 8.5 - Fujikura Speeder 757 Evo IV X-Stiff

Callaway Epic Flash - 3W - Fujikura 757 TR 

Callaway Epic Flash - 5W - HZRDUS Smoke 

Mizuno MP20 - 4-7 MMC, 8-P MB - Project X LZ

Vokey SM6 - 52/56/60 - DG S200

Evnroll - ER5 

I haven’t joined his new Web site, yet. But, I’ve seen GG twice in person and have had 3 online lessons with him. GG doesn’t teach a ‘stock swing.’ Watch the guys that he works with. Ruiz’s swing is different from Wolff’s which is different from Thornberry’s which is different from Bhatia’s which is different from Leadbetter’s which is different from Kang’s, etc.

He does have a set of principles that he believes in and I think that’s where people confuse it for a ‘stock swing.’ But even those principles can change depending on the golfer. The only thing I see from GG that is universal in what he teaches students is the posture and setup (butt tucked under, lower back angle at 150*, armpits over knee caps and balls of feet, pelvis level, upper spine tilted away from target, ball off left ear with irons, off left armpit with woods and driver). Even that has some variance as if you’re taller he may require you to spread your feet apart more to lower yourself and allow you to rotate more easlily.

I’ll give a little sample of my last in-person lesson with him. I was hitting it pretty well, but my left arm was jutting out quite a bit despite shallowing the shaft nicely. He felt I was hitting the ball well, but I would either need to open my stance and play a fade or work on my backswing. I have never had much success playing a fade on purpose. I conveyed that I can usually get it to work for a couple of weeks, tops. Then my swing turns into a dumpster fire as I start getting more and more steep.

We worked on the takeaway as I would get my left wrist into flexion in the takeaway. GG mentioned that there was nothing wrong with this and many players with great backswings do it. He explained how it causes some players, like myself (he also said he had the same problem) to get the hands outside early in the backswing and then we can’t get the hands deep enough at p4.

He also went over that I had some leftward tilt issues in the backswing and I wasn’t turning my femurs, pelvis and shoulders enough in the backswing to get the hands deeper. He explained how the femurs, pelvis and shoulders all work together to get turn in the backswing and then explained how that all set up the transition move.

In the first lesson back in April of 2018, I had other issues with my turn in the backswing. I was moving off the ball more. GG said that was fine, but if you move off the ball in the backswing you have to drift towards the center in transition and we experimented to see if I felt it was easier to move off the ball and drift towards the center in transition or have a more centered backswing and not having to worry about drifting in transition.

As GG likes to say…it’s all about matchups.

As far as maintenance goes, my experience was when I first went to him in April 2018, I hit the ball fantastic for about a month. We had a ton of rain throughout May that year and I didn’t get to hit much balls outside of being in a league at Top Golf. After a month, I struggled badly. Then I would play better in July than I did right after I got thru with the lesson. Then I went into a slump for another month, but it was better than the previous month. I kinda rinsed and repeated (good for 1 month and bad for 1 month) but there was progress from each time.

By November I really started to get it. Since then it’s been mostly about new pitfalls that occur and then figuring them out and as time has gone by I’ve figured them out more quickly. So my bad rounds are still respectable. And more often than not when I discover new things…it’s stuff that GG has talked about before (i.e. right now I’m starting to see the importance of getting the pressure on the left instep at p4).

GG teaches a lot of high performance golfers and has improved the performance of a lot of golfers that are not-so-high performance to begin with. Higher performance requires more maintenance. But I’ve worked with other instuctors that teach more high performance moves and they’ve required more maintenance than GG’s.

I’ve also found that it’s better for me to not use so much camera work. Just do the drills and the checkpoints and if you do them seriously, you’ll start to develop yourself more quickly than if you’re nitpicking and fretting over every move.

RH

• Like 3

> @chigolfer1 said:

> Speaking of match-ups, another brilliant video about JT's swing and his matchups. It's also very illuminating in the sense it tells you what freaks they are. If you or I got into some of the positions JT does, there's no way we'd be able to make the compensations JT does:

>

>

>

So far I'm not a big fan of GG's Matched Up videos for this reason. I appreciate how he gives insight into BK's, Rory's, and JT's swings, but I don't like how he says things like "if you start to come over it like JT, jump or stand up to get the club to come from the inside." JT's a world class golfer, who would realistically be trying that swing compensation (esp. for ams) for having not having depth and starting to come over the top, among all the other pieces of his swing?

• Like 1

> @mudge said:

> > @chigolfer1 said:

> > Speaking of match-ups, another brilliant video about JT's swing and his matchups. It's also very illuminating in the sense it tells you what freaks they are. If you or I got into some of the positions JT does, there's no way we'd be able to make the compensations JT does:

> >

> >

> >

>

> So far I'm not a big fan of GG's Matched Up videos for this reason. I appreciate how he gives insight into BK's, Rory's, and JT's swings, but I don't like how he says things like "if you start to come over it like JT, jump or stand up to get the club to come from the inside." JT's a world class golfer, who would realistically be trying that swing compensation (esp. for ams) for having not having depth and starting to come over the top, among all the other pieces of his swing?

Not following what you're saying exactly. That you don't like the advice or don't believe that's occurring? Not even sure I'd call it advice, it's just a necessary compensation if you get yourself into certain positions. But, that was what I was sort of saying. The compensations JT makes to maintain a world class swing are something mere mortals could never do. It's just a fact that he has to do that once he gets himself in that position if he doesn't want to come OTT. I don't see GG advocating for anyone to swing like that but if you do get to that spot and don't want to come OTT, then you have to do what JT does, right?

> @chigolfer1 said:

> > @mudge said:

> > > @chigolfer1 said:

> > > Speaking of match-ups, another brilliant video about JT's swing and his matchups. It's also very illuminating in the sense it tells you what freaks they are. If you or I got into some of the positions JT does, there's no way we'd be able to make the compensations JT does:

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > So far I'm not a big fan of GG's Matched Up videos for this reason. I appreciate how he gives insight into BK's, Rory's, and JT's swings, but I don't like how he says things like "if you start to come over it like JT, jump or stand up to get the club to come from the inside." JT's a world class golfer, who would realistically be trying that swing compensation (esp. for ams) for having not having depth and starting to come over the top, among all the other pieces of his swing?

>

> Not following what you're saying exactly. That you don't like the advice or don't believe that's occurring? Not even sure I'd call it advice, it's just a necessary compensation if you get yourself into certain positions. But, that was what I was sort of saying. The compensations JT makes to maintain a world class swing are something mere mortals could never do. It's just a fact that he has to do that once he gets himself in that position if he doesn't want to come OTT. I don't see GG advocating for anyone to swing like that but if you do get to that spot and don't want to come OTT, then you have to do what JT does, right?

Yes, that would be a compensation for JT's particular issue. There's a million ways to swing a golf club, so there's multiple ways to get of that (or any) trouble spot.

> @RichieHunt said:

> I haven’t joined his new Web site, yet. But, I’ve seen GG twice in person and have had 3 online lessons with him. GG doesn’t teach a ‘stock swing.’ Watch the guys that he works with. Ruiz’s swing is different from Wolff’s which is different from Thornberry’s which is different from Bhatia’s which is different from Leadbetter’s which is different from Kang’s, etc.

>

> He does have a set of principles that he believes in and I think that’s where people confuse it for a ‘stock swing.’ But even those principles can change depending on the golfer. The only thing I see from GG that is universal in what he teaches students is the posture and setup (butt tucked under, lower back angle at 150*, armpits over knee caps and balls of feet, pelvis level, upper spine tilted away from target, ball off left ear with irons, off left armpit with woods and driver). Even that has some variance as if you’re taller he may require you to spread your feet apart more to lower yourself and allow you to rotate more easlily.

>

> I’ll give a little sample of my last in-person lesson with him. I was hitting it pretty well, but my left arm was jutting out quite a bit despite shallowing the shaft nicely. He felt I was hitting the ball well, but I would either need to open my stance and play a fade or work on my backswing. I have never had much success playing a fade on purpose. I conveyed that I can usually get it to work for a couple of weeks, tops. Then my swing turns into a dumpster fire as I start getting more and more steep.

>

> We worked on the takeaway as I would get my left wrist into flexion in the takeaway. GG mentioned that there was nothing wrong with this and many players with great backswings do it. He explained how it causes some players, like myself (he also said he had the same problem) to get the hands outside early in the backswing and then we can’t get the hands deep enough at p4.

>

> He also went over that I had some leftward tilt issues in the backswing and I wasn’t turning my femurs, pelvis and shoulders enough in the backswing to get the hands deeper. He explained how the femurs, pelvis and shoulders all work together to get turn in the backswing and then explained how that all set up the transition move.

>

> In the first lesson back in April of 2018, I had other issues with my turn in the backswing. I was moving off the ball more. GG said that was fine, but if you move off the ball in the backswing you have to drift towards the center in transition and we experimented to see if I felt it was easier to move off the ball and drift towards the center in transition or have a more centered backswing and not having to worry about drifting in transition.

>

> As GG likes to say…it’s all about matchups.

>

> As far as maintenance goes, my experience was when I first went to him in April 2018, I hit the ball fantastic for about a month. We had a ton of rain throughout May that year and I didn’t get to hit much balls outside of being in a league at Top Golf. After a month, I struggled badly. Then I would play better in July than I did right after I got thru with the lesson. Then I went into a slump for another month, but it was better than the previous month. I kinda rinsed and repeated (good for 1 month and bad for 1 month) but there was progress from each time.

>

> By November I really started to get it. Since then it’s been mostly about new pitfalls that occur and then figuring them out and as time has gone by I’ve figured them out more quickly. So my bad rounds are still respectable. And more often than not when I discover new things…it’s stuff that GG has talked about before (i.e. right now I’m starting to see the importance of getting the pressure on the left instep at p4).

>

> GG teaches a lot of high performance golfers and has improved the performance of a lot of golfers that are not-so-high performance to begin with. Higher performance requires more maintenance. But I’ve worked with other instuctors that teach more high performance moves and they’ve required more maintenance than GG’s.

>

> I’ve also found that it’s better for me to not use so much camera work. Just do the drills and the checkpoints and if you do them seriously, you’ll start to develop yourself more quickly than if you’re nitpicking and fretting over every move.

>

>

>

>

>

>

> RH

>

Fantastic insight man, thanks. Its great that you can go n see him in person. I agree watching GG and repeat his key positions n movements really make hitting not only solidly but repeatable.

> @mudge said:

> > @chigolfer1 said:

> > > @mudge said:

> > > > @chigolfer1 said:

> > > > Speaking of match-ups, another brilliant video about JT's swing and his matchups. It's also very illuminating in the sense it tells you what freaks they are. If you or I got into some of the positions JT does, there's no way we'd be able to make the compensations JT does:

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > So far I'm not a big fan of GG's Matched Up videos for this reason. I appreciate how he gives insight into BK's, Rory's, and JT's swings, but I don't like how he says things like "if you start to come over it like JT, jump or stand up to get the club to come from the inside." JT's a world class golfer, who would realistically be trying that swing compensation (esp. for ams) for having not having depth and starting to come over the top, among all the other pieces of his swing?

> >

> > Not following what you're saying exactly. That you don't like the advice or don't believe that's occurring? Not even sure I'd call it advice, it's just a necessary compensation if you get yourself into certain positions. But, that was what I was sort of saying. The compensations JT makes to maintain a world class swing are something mere mortals could never do. It's just a fact that he has to do that once he gets himself in that position if he doesn't want to come OTT. I don't see GG advocating for anyone to swing like that but if you do get to that spot and don't want to come OTT, then you have to do what JT does, right?

>

> Yes, that would be a compensation for JT's particular issue. There's a million ways to swing a golf club, so there's multiple ways to get of that (or any) trouble spot.

You're saying there are multiple ways to get out of > @mudge said:

> > @chigolfer1 said:

> > > @mudge said:

> > > > @chigolfer1 said:

> > > > Speaking of match-ups, another brilliant video about JT's swing and his matchups. It's also very illuminating in the sense it tells you what freaks they are. If you or I got into some of the positions JT does, there's no way we'd be able to make the compensations JT does:

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > So far I'm not a big fan of GG's Matched Up videos for this reason. I appreciate how he gives insight into BK's, Rory's, and JT's swings, but I don't like how he says things like "if you start to come over it like JT, jump or stand up to get the club to come from the inside." JT's a world class golfer, who would realistically be trying that swing compensation (esp. for ams) for having not having depth and starting to come over the top, among all the other pieces of his swing?

> >

> > Not following what you're saying exactly. That you don't like the advice or don't believe that's occurring? Not even sure I'd call it advice, it's just a necessary compensation if you get yourself into certain positions. But, that was what I was sort of saying. The compensations JT makes to maintain a world class swing are something mere mortals could never do. It's just a fact that he has to do that once he gets himself in that position if he doesn't want to come OTT. I don't see GG advocating for anyone to swing like that but if you do get to that spot and don't want to come OTT, then you have to do what JT does, right?

>

> Yes, that would be a compensation for JT's particular issue. There's a million ways to swing a golf club, so there's multiple ways to get of that (or any) trouble spot.

honest question, what are the other ways? And, are they any less "difficult" than what JT does?

> @chigolfer1 said:

> > @mudge said:

> > > @chigolfer1 said:

> > > > @mudge said:

> > > > > @chigolfer1 said:

> > > > > Speaking of match-ups, another brilliant video about JT's swing and his matchups. It's also very illuminating in the sense it tells you what freaks they are. If you or I got into some of the positions JT does, there's no way we'd be able to make the compensations JT does:

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > So far I'm not a big fan of GG's Matched Up videos for this reason. I appreciate how he gives insight into BK's, Rory's, and JT's swings, but I don't like how he says things like "if you start to come over it like JT, jump or stand up to get the club to come from the inside." JT's a world class golfer, who would realistically be trying that swing compensation (esp. for ams) for having not having depth and starting to come over the top, among all the other pieces of his swing?

> > >

> > > Not following what you're saying exactly. That you don't like the advice or don't believe that's occurring? Not even sure I'd call it advice, it's just a necessary compensation if you get yourself into certain positions. But, that was what I was sort of saying. The compensations JT makes to maintain a world class swing are something mere mortals could never do. It's just a fact that he has to do that once he gets himself in that position if he doesn't want to come OTT. I don't see GG advocating for anyone to swing like that but if you do get to that spot and don't want to come OTT, then you have to do what JT does, right?

> >

> > Yes, that would be a compensation for JT's particular issue. There's a million ways to swing a golf club, so there's multiple ways to get of that (or any) trouble spot.

>

> You're saying there are multiple ways to get out of > @mudge said:

> > > @chigolfer1 said:

> > > > @mudge said:

> > > > > @chigolfer1 said:

> > > > > Speaking of match-ups, another brilliant video about JT's swing and his matchups. It's also very illuminating in the sense it tells you what freaks they are. If you or I got into some of the positions JT does, there's no way we'd be able to make the compensations JT does:

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > So far I'm not a big fan of GG's Matched Up videos for this reason. I appreciate how he gives insight into BK's, Rory's, and JT's swings, but I don't like how he says things like "if you start to come over it like JT, jump or stand up to get the club to come from the inside." JT's a world class golfer, who would realistically be trying that swing compensation (esp. for ams) for having not having depth and starting to come over the top, among all the other pieces of his swing?

> > >

> > > Not following what you're saying exactly. That you don't like the advice or don't believe that's occurring? Not even sure I'd call it advice, it's just a necessary compensation if you get yourself into certain positions. But, that was what I was sort of saying. The compensations JT makes to maintain a world class swing are something mere mortals could never do. It's just a fact that he has to do that once he gets himself in that position if he doesn't want to come OTT. I don't see GG advocating for anyone to swing like that but if you do get to that spot and don't want to come OTT, then you have to do what JT does, right?

> >

> > Yes, that would be a compensation for JT's particular issue. There's a million ways to swing a golf club, so there's multiple ways to get of that (or any) trouble spot.

>

> honest question, what are the other ways? And, are they any less "difficult" than what JT does?

I'd point to Furyk as an alternative of how you can compensate for lack of hand depth at the top.

I was a previous member of SwingTips and looking forward to the New site for a while. I received a email from the new site to reply for a discount code, along with sending a direct email. I have heard nothing back as of yet. I was understanding that customer service could be tied up for a bit with the new launch but still have heard nothing. I posted in the FB group and some members did receive a code while most did not as well. I think the cost of the new site is fair and the annual membership is probably the way to go. I am not looking for anything for free but we were promised it would be made right. I am still waiting , how about you??

Going thru some of GGs videos and noticed that I might have a fault of what he refers to as "to get the bottom right".

In a number of videos he gets "the bottom right" by getting his student griping an alignment stick along with the club and do p2 to p8 chipping shots. So what does he mean by getting the bottom right? Is it the club shaft is inbetween the parallels (shaft plane and hand plane) coming into impact?

> @Kevinnz said:

> Going thru some of GGs videos and noticed that I might have a fault of what he refers to as "to get the bottom right".

> In a number of videos he gets "the bottom right" by getting his student griping an alignment stick along with the club and do p2 to p8 chipping shots. So what does he mean by getting the bottom right? Is it the club shaft is inbetween the parallels (shaft plane and hand plane) coming into impact?

He talking about getting the club to bottem out in the right place. Alot golfers biggest problems isnt that they cant shallow the club or get gucci bet they cant control their low point. Think about the divots you make, are they all similar or are they different.

Pro Caddie & I teach golf

Driver: PXG 9* ; HZDRUS Handcrafted 63 6.0

Long Game: PXG 13*, PXG 16*; HZDRUS Handcrafted 83 6.5 (flip between the two)

Driving Iron: PXG 0311 4 iron bent 17.5*; ProForce VTS 100HX 

Hybrid: PXG Gen 1 19*; HZDRUS Handcrafted 100 6.5

Irons: NIKE CB 4-PW Raw finish ; Aldila RIP Tour SLT 115 Tour Stiff (.25 inch gapping)

Wedges: Titleist SM9 50*, 54*; True Temper DG S300 (36 inches)

L-Wedge: Custom 60*; KBS Tour Stiff (36 inches)

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Design #5 35 inches: Super Stroke GP Tour

Ball: ProV1x

> @mudge said:

> > @chigolfer1 said:

> > Speaking of match-ups, another brilliant video about JT's swing and his matchups. It's also very illuminating in the sense it tells you what freaks they are. If you or I got into some of the positions JT does, there's no way we'd be able to make the compensations JT does:

> >

> >

> >

>

> So far I'm not a big fan of GG's Matched Up videos for this reason. I appreciate how he gives insight into BK's, Rory's, and JT's swings, but I don't like how he says things like "if you start to come over it like JT, jump or stand up to get the club to come from the inside." JT's a world class golfer, who would realistically be trying that swing compensation (esp. for ams) for having not having depth and starting to come over the top, among all the other pieces of his swing?

IMO, some take for granted the fact that a > @Kevinnz said:

> Going thru some of GGs videos and noticed that I might have a fault of what he refers to as "to get the bottom right".

> In a number of videos he gets "the bottom right" by getting his student griping an alignment stick along with the club and do p2 to p8 chipping shots. So what does he mean by getting the bottom right? Is it the club shaft is inbetween the parallels (shaft plane and hand plane) coming into impact?

Working on the bottom is fixing what someone is doing from P6 through impact. A lot of guys have ingrained a pattern from p6 through impact that is less than ideal and may have a misunderstanding about how to best deliver the club. In that case it helps to work on how the body, arms and hands work together to have proper dynamic loft, path, face angle, aoa and low point at the bottom of the swing.

The way it's set up, giving up all that knowledge in a very modular and organized, it's well worth the money if people can utilize it. In his videos, it's often just partial knowledge. I always felt like it was missing something. Perhaps this is it. Not saying he's the only source but if you like his stuff then it's a good way to get into it as his lessons online and in person are all pretty pricey.

Callaway Paradym TD 10* Ventus Red TR 5S

Titleist TSR3 13.5* 3 Wood Tour AD-IZ 6S

Titleist TSR3 19* hybrid Modus GOST S

Titleist TSR2 24* hybrid Modus GOST S

Callaway Paradym Hybrid 27* Ventus non Velocore S

Titleist T100 2023 6-PW KBS Tour V S

Titleist SM8 50, 56, 60

Scotty Cameron X7.5 CS

For all those that say he doesn't teach a swing, I would disagree, You watch his gram and see his students, they all swing the same. I am not saying that is bad though, If it works it works, but there is definitely a Gankas swing.

Wolff

Ruiz

Bhatia

etc

etc

etc

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

> @QuigleyDU said:

> For all those that say he doesn't teach a swing, I would disagree, You watch his gram and see his students, they all swing the same. I am not saying that is bad though, If it works it works, but there is definitely a Gankas swing.

>

> Wolff

> Ruiz

> Bhatia

> etc

> etc

> etc

>

>

Can you point out who the etc. is because I don't see anyone else off hand close to Wolff or Ruiz. The one common thing I'd say is hands in early and steep backswing. And "old man" set-up vs. butt out type posture.

https://www.instagram.com/georgegankasgolf/?hl=en

• Like 1

m> @chigolfer1 said:

> > @QuigleyDU said:

> > For all those that say he doesn't teach a swing, I would disagree, You watch his gram and see his students, they all swing the same. I am not saying that is bad though, If it works it works, but there is definitely a Gankas swing.

> >

> > Wolff

> > Ruiz

> > Bhatia

> > etc

> > etc

> > etc

> >

> >

>

> Can you point out who the etc. is because I don't see anyone else off hand close to Wolff or Ruiz. The one common thing I'd say is hands in early and steep backswing. And "old man" set-up vs. butt out type posture.

>

> https://www.instagram.com/georgegankasgolf/?hl=en

Just go through and watch. Of course they are not all exact, but they are all in the same vein.

BALL; Chrome Soft X

> @QuigleyDU said:

> For all those that say he doesn't teach a swing, I would disagree, You watch his gram and see his students, they all swing the same. I am not saying that is bad though, If it works it works, but there is definitely a Gankas swing.

>

> Wolff

> Ruiz

> Bhatia

> etc

> etc

> etc

>

>

The Gankas swing is passing hands, sit/squat rotate and push late. Wolff has is swing before even going to gg

> @GoGoErky said:

> > @QuigleyDU said:

> > For all those that say he doesn't teach a swing, I would disagree, You watch his gram and see his students, they all swing the same. I am not saying that is bad though, If it works it works, but there is definitely a Gankas swing.

> >

> > Wolff

> > Ruiz

> > Bhatia

> > etc

> > etc

> > etc

> >

> >

>

> The Gankas swing is passing hands, sit/squat rotate and push late. Wolff has is swing before even going to gg

I do not disagree, I just think that Gankas is running with that pattern.

BALL; Chrome Soft X

> @QuigleyDU said:

> m> @chigolfer1 said:

> > > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > For all those that say he doesn't teach a swing, I would disagree, You watch his gram and see his students, they all swing the same. I am not saying that is bad though, If it works it works, but there is definitely a Gankas swing.

> > >

> > > Wolff

> > > Ruiz

> > > Bhatia

> > > etc

> > > etc

> > > etc

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Can you point out who the etc. is because I don't see anyone else off hand close to Wolff or Ruiz. The one common thing I'd say is hands in early and steep backswing. And "old man" set-up vs. butt out type posture.

> >

> > https://www.instagram.com/georgegankasgolf/?hl=en

>

> Just go through and watch. Of course they are not all exact, but they are all in the same vein.

I've been watching his IG for many years. I'm seen lots and lots of these swings. The same vein is what I described, not Ruiz and Wolff, which is essentially a very exaggerated way to get to similar positions. I'll just agree to disagree.

> @chigolfer1 said:

> > @QuigleyDU said:

> > m> @chigolfer1 said:

> > > > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > > For all those that say he doesn't teach a swing, I would disagree, You watch his gram and see his students, they all swing the same. I am not saying that is bad though, If it works it works, but there is definitely a Gankas swing.

> > > >

> > > > Wolff

> > > > Ruiz

> > > > Bhatia

> > > > etc

> > > > etc

> > > > etc

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Can you point out who the etc. is because I don't see anyone else off hand close to Wolff or Ruiz. The one common thing I'd say is hands in early and steep backswing. And "old man" set-up vs. butt out type posture.

> > >

> > > https://www.instagram.com/georgegankasgolf/?hl=en

> >

> > Just go through and watch. Of course they are not all exact, but they are all in the same vein.

>

> I've been watching his IG for many years. I'm seen lots and lots of these swings. The same vein is what I described, not Ruiz and Wolff, which is essentially a very exaggerated way to get to similar positions. I'll just agree to disagree.

Sounds good. I am not trying battle you, I am also far from a swing guru. To me it just seems to be close enough to say there is a method there.

BALL; Chrome Soft X

> @QuigleyDU said:

> > @chigolfer1 said:

> > > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > m> @chigolfer1 said:

> > > > > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > > > For all those that say he doesn't teach a swing, I would disagree, You watch his gram and see his students, they all swing the same. I am not saying that is bad though, If it works it works, but there is definitely a Gankas swing.

> > > > >

> > > > > Wolff

> > > > > Ruiz

> > > > > Bhatia

> > > > > etc

> > > > > etc

> > > > > etc

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Can you point out who the etc. is because I don't see anyone else off hand close to Wolff or Ruiz. The one common thing I'd say is hands in early and steep backswing. And "old man" set-up vs. butt out type posture.

> > > >

> > > > https://www.instagram.com/georgegankasgolf/?hl=en

> > >

> > > Just go through and watch. Of course they are not all exact, but they are all in the same vein.

> >

> > I've been watching his IG for many years. I'm seen lots and lots of these swings. The same vein is what I described, not Ruiz and Wolff, which is essentially a very exaggerated way to get to similar positions. I'll just agree to disagree.

>

> Sounds good. I am not trying battle you, I am also far from a swing guru. To me it just seems to be close enough to say there is a method there.

No worries. I think your avatar put me into battle mode. ;-)

> @chigolfer1 said:

> > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > @chigolfer1 said:

> > > > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > > m> @chigolfer1 said:

> > > > > > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > > > > For all those that say he doesn't teach a swing, I would disagree, You watch his gram and see his students, they all swing the same. I am not saying that is bad though, If it works it works, but there is definitely a Gankas swing.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Wolff

> > > > > > Ruiz

> > > > > > Bhatia

> > > > > > etc

> > > > > > etc

> > > > > > etc

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Can you point out who the etc. is because I don't see anyone else off hand close to Wolff or Ruiz. The one common thing I'd say is hands in early and steep backswing. And "old man" set-up vs. butt out type posture.

> > > > >

> > > > > https://www.instagram.com/georgegankasgolf/?hl=en

> > > >

> > > > Just go through and watch. Of course they are not all exact, but they are all in the same vein.

> > >

> > > I've been watching his IG for many years. I'm seen lots and lots of these swings. The same vein is what I described, not Ruiz and Wolff, which is essentially a very exaggerated way to get to similar positions. I'll just agree to disagree.

> >

> > Sounds good. I am not trying battle you, I am also far from a swing guru. To me it just seems to be close enough to say there is a method there.

>

> No worries. I think your avatar put me into battle mode. ;-)

HA! That is partly the goal.

BALL; Chrome Soft X

> @QuigleyDU said:

> > @chigolfer1 said:

> > > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > m> @chigolfer1 said:

> > > > > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > > > For all those that say he doesn't teach a swing, I would disagree, You watch his gram and see his students, they all swing the same. I am not saying that is bad though, If it works it works, but there is definitely a Gankas swing.

> > > > >

> > > > > Wolff

> > > > > Ruiz

> > > > > Bhatia

> > > > > etc

> > > > > etc

> > > > > etc

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Can you point out who the etc. is because I don't see anyone else off hand close to Wolff or Ruiz. The one common thing I'd say is hands in early and steep backswing. And "old man" set-up vs. butt out type posture.

> > > >

> > > > https://www.instagram.com/georgegankasgolf/?hl=en

> > >

> > > Just go through and watch. Of course they are not all exact, but they are all in the same vein.

> >

> > I've been watching his IG for many years. I'm seen lots and lots of these swings. The same vein is what I described, not Ruiz and Wolff, which is essentially a very exaggerated way to get to similar positions. I'll just agree to disagree.

>

> Sounds good. I am not trying battle you, I am also far from a swing guru. To me it just seems to be close enough to say there is a method there.

He doesn’t care if someone is laid off or across the line or on the line. His philosophy is based around the transition and downswing thru to finish.

Iirc Ruiz wanted to copy wolff’s swing. I could see other students looking at those two and saying I want to swing like that.

GG with driver sets the arms and wrists then rotates

For those of you that use the site, is it just me or were the first 2 courses difficult to sit through? For a new subscriber I guess it's worth listening, but I couldn't stand having to listen to a 5 minute videos on P1-P10 positions and GG mostly defining things rather than getting into it. Just when I thought he was going to get into it, it was another "this is a pivot point ... now I'll get more into how to use these in another section." Would've preferred first 2 courses to be optional. But almost a month in and I feel I still haven't gotten to the coaching part.

Not hating ... I do really like what he teaches (IG and previous website subscriber). I'm just impatient lol.

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST 🔸🔸🔸 LS 9.0* - Fujikura Ventus Black w/ Velocore 6x

3-Wood: Cobra King F9 Speedback 13.5* - Accra FX 2.0 300F M5

5-Wood: Cobra King F9 Speedback Tour 16.5* - Mitsubishi Diamana D+ Limited Edition 80 X

3-Iron: Mizuno MP-20 HMB - Project X 6.5

4-PW: Mizuno JPX 919 Tour - Project X 6.5

Wedges: Taylormade MG3 52.09 - Project X 6.5

Taylormade MG3 56.12; Taylormade Hi-Toe Raw 60* - Project X 6.0

Putter: Sik Pro Armlock - LAGolf Shaft

Ball: ProV1

Bag: Nike Air Hybrid