Diamana ZF Photos and Info

TollBros

25 minutes ago, geochitown said:

has anyone hit both the ZF and the Accra Tour Z RPG?

seems like the could be similar?

I have the tour z rpg 362 currently and previously owned the zf. Played both in a g410 lst, I find the rpg felt a bit stouter but still smooth if that makes sense. Also hit the rpg a lot straighter and just as long if not longer. Really wish I would have tested both on the quad to get numbers but after a couple rounds with both it was an easy decision 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
21 hours ago, OspreyCI said:

What Graphite Design shaft would the ZF be similar too? 

saw other replies that compare it to a DI, but not quite right

I think I would say it's most similar to the IZ...and can see where Justin Thomas went from the ZF I think now to playing the IZ. Both are stiffer in the handle and tip, with softer mid-sections

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, OspreyCI said:

What Graphite Design shaft would the ZF be similar too? 

I've gamed a number of Diamana shafts, typically a whiteboard ('ahina, DF) user.  Just picked up a TP as my first foray into the Graphite Design family.  

I spent hours reading up on GD, trying to translate them to the Diamana line so I'd know what shafts to try.  Probably more efficient to just go to a fitter and explain what I was looking for, but with Covid that wasn't an option.  Here's what I found:

The ZF is similar in design to the BF (mid is softer than either the butt or the tip) but launches lower.

Since the DI is supposed to be based on the BF, we should look for something with lower launch than the DI.

The VR and GP come to mind:  lower launching than DI, and with mid softer than butt or tip.

The IZ launches higher, but it does have the same pattern of mid softer than either butt or tip.

And the TP and HD are lower launching, though the mid for these is a bit stiffer than either the VR or GP.

So that's where I would start if I were looking for an apples-to-apples comparison.  VR, GP, IZ, TP or HD.  

• Thanks 1

Titleist TSR3 10*: LA Golf Olyss 65S

Titleist TSi2 16.5*: Aldila Rogue Silver 125 70S

Titleist TSR3 19*:  LA Golf Ozik Black Tie 105S

Titleist TSi2 22*: Aldila Tour Blue 105TX

Grindworks PR-202 6-PW: Nippon Modus3 120X

Edel SMS 48*V / 60*T:  Nippon Modus 125 Wedge 

Grindworks Barrett 52* / 56*: Nippon Modus 125 Wedge 

Scotty Cameron 2014 Select Fastback

11 minutes ago, hagimihale said:

I've gamed a number of Diamana shafts, typically a whiteboard ('ahina, DF) user.  Just picked up a TP as my first foray into the Graphite Design family.  

I spent hours reading up on GD, trying to translate them to the Diamana line so I'd know what shafts to try.  Probably more efficient to just go to a fitter and explain what I was looking for, but with Covid that wasn't an option.  Here's what I found:

The ZF is similar in design to the BF (mid is softer than either the butt or the tip) but launches lower.

Since the DI is supposed to be based on the BF, we should look for something with lower launch than the DI.

The VR and GP come to mind:  lower launching than DI, and with mid softer than butt or tip.

The IZ launches higher, but it does have the same pattern of mid softer than either butt or tip.

And the TP and HD are lower launching, though the mid for these is a bit stiffer than either the VR or GP.

So that's where I would start if I were looking for an apples-to-apples comparison.  VR, GP, IZ, TP or HD.  

Good stuff. Sure seems like the ZF is the TP of the GD family... maybe? 

TM Stealth2+ 10.5 Diamana T+ 60s

TM Stealth2 15* TM Ventus TR 6-S 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

On 12/1/2019 at 8:18 PM, noodle3872 said:

For me, launch is similar, spin is lower with ZF and feel is way better in the ZF.

This!!! Ugh!!! Say it ain’t so... 

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

13 minutes ago, SUMM1T said:

I would not characterize the ZF like the AD DI or the AD IZ. I would say it is similar in feel (to me) to the AD TP, but even then, not quite there. We all interpret feel little differently, but I have had feelings of the AD VR in the driver when comparing to the ZF in the driver. 

Don’t say it’s like the VR. It did not like that one. 4 or 5 rounds with the VR it was gone. Lol

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

3 hours ago, OspreyCI said:

Don’t say it’s like the VR. It did not like that one. 4 or 5 rounds with the VR it was gone. Lol

I'm not saying you'll feel that way. I'm just saying to me it felt similar, but I have spent very little time with the VR. I want to like the ZF so bad. I think it looks great and on paper, fits what I like. However, after spending so much time trying to make it work in both the driver and 3 wood I can't get along with it. It doesn't feel "alive" to me. 

• Thanks 1

@SUMM1T - sometimes you just can't force a given shaft to work with your swing.  I feel your pain.

I gamed an Aldila Tour Green for years (still have a few of them lying around).  Bought the Rogue Silver 130 (which is supposed to be the same profile) in same weight and stiffness.  Tried it in multiple heads.  It just won't work, and I'll probably put it on BST.  

Titleist TSR3 10*: LA Golf Olyss 65S

Titleist TSi2 16.5*: Aldila Rogue Silver 125 70S

Titleist TSR3 19*:  LA Golf Ozik Black Tie 105S

Titleist TSi2 22*: Aldila Tour Blue 105TX

Grindworks PR-202 6-PW: Nippon Modus3 120X

Edel SMS 48*V / 60*T:  Nippon Modus 125 Wedge 

Grindworks Barrett 52* / 56*: Nippon Modus 125 Wedge 

Scotty Cameron 2014 Select Fastback

• 2 weeks later...

Anymore else playing the ZF? Very interested in this shaft. Always loved the Diamana feel. Liking for a little more launch than my AD TP and keeping low spin. 

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

I was playing this shaft, Diamana ZF, in a Ping G410 head.  In the lighter weights, it feels more solid and more smooth than what I'd expect from a 64g (50 TX) or 69g (60 TX) shaft.  My AD TP was 68g and it didn't launch as easily as the Diamana ZF.  Also felt less lively/responsive than the ZF.  Well struck shots with the AD TP did feel powerful, maybe more powerful than the ZF, but that may be due to the head--the AD TP was in a Callaway Epic head.  Sorry I can't give a true, side-by-side comparison.  Just my $0.02. 

• Thanks 1

Ping G430 Max 10k Driver | 10.5° set to 9.5° (Flat -1.0°) | autoFlex 505
Callaway Epic Speed | 16.5° | Ventus Red

Callaway Epic Max | 20° | Graphite Design Tour AD DJ
Ping G430 3H | 19° Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-75

TaylorMade GAPR Mid 4 | 21° Diamana Thump

Titleist T150 | 5I-AW | Aerotech SteelFiber i80cw

Callaway Rogue ST Pro | 5I-AW | Aerotech SteelFiber i95cw
Callaway Jaws MD5 | 50° Aerotech SteelFiber i95cw

Callaway Jaws Full Toe Raw Black | 54° & 58° Aerotech SteelFiber i95cw

Bettinardi BB8 Tri Carbon Candy  | Stability Graphite or TaylorMade Spider X Chalk  | Stability Tour

1 hour ago, bear87 said:

I was playing this shaft, Diamana ZF, in a Ping G410 head.  In the lighter weights, it feels more solid and more smooth than what I'd expect from a 64g (50 TX) or 69g (60 TX) shaft.  My AD TP was 68g and it didn't launch as easily as the Diamana ZF.  Also felt less lively/responsive than the ZF.  Well struck shots with the AD TP did feel powerful, maybe more powerful than the ZF, but that may be due to the head--the AD TP was in a Callaway Epic head.  Sorry I can't give a true, side-by-side comparison.  Just my $0.02. 

More launch and more feel than the TP would be a winner for me.

Do you think the spin is around the same with them? I see you had them in different head though. Thanks. 

• Like 1

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

4 hours ago, OspreyCI said:

More launch and more feel than the TP would be a winner for me.

Do you think the spin is around the same with them? I see you had them in different head though. Thanks. 

Correct, they were in different heads, so I'm not sure my observations are worth much.  But, if it helps, for me, I'd say the Epic/TP was spinning less than the G410/ZF. 

• Thanks 1

Ping G430 Max 10k Driver | 10.5° set to 9.5° (Flat -1.0°) | autoFlex 505
Callaway Epic Speed | 16.5° | Ventus Red

Callaway Epic Max | 20° | Graphite Design Tour AD DJ
Ping G430 3H | 19° Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-75

TaylorMade GAPR Mid 4 | 21° Diamana Thump

Titleist T150 | 5I-AW | Aerotech SteelFiber i80cw

Callaway Rogue ST Pro | 5I-AW | Aerotech SteelFiber i95cw
Callaway Jaws MD5 | 50° Aerotech SteelFiber i95cw

Callaway Jaws Full Toe Raw Black | 54° & 58° Aerotech SteelFiber i95cw

Bettinardi BB8 Tri Carbon Candy  | Stability Graphite or TaylorMade Spider X Chalk  | Stability Tour

Wondering if there is a material difference between the X and the TX?  Yes the X is not sold aftermarket in North America however the OEM’s include it and not the TX in their Custom offerings,  Example TM with the SIM2.  Every TX I’ve played has been lights out different from the X in both launch and stoutness.  

Callaway Paradym TD “S” 420cc 8.5 Project X Evenflow Riptide MX 60TX

Mizuno STZ Max 230 15.0 MCA Kaili Blue 70X

Callaway OG Apex UW 21.0 MCA MMT 80X

Mizuno Pro 243 5-GW Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno T24 56/12S Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Cleveland RTX Full Face 2 58/8 DG Spinner

Scotty Cameron Phantom 5S 34” (Yes the Rife Phenom.Z 34” of 10+ years may be retired) 

2 hours ago, Lemonde said:

Wondering if there is a material difference between the X and the TX?  Yes the X is not sold aftermarket in North America however the OEM’s include it and not the TX in their Custom offerings,  Example TM with the SIM2.  Every TX I’ve played has been lights out different from the X in both launch and stoutness.  

Mitsubishi typically lowers the torque and stiffen the tip of their TX models versus X flex. 

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Mizuno OMOI Type 3

Titleist Pro V1x

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2021 at 10:37 AM, Lemonde said:

I’m willing to bet Taylormade sells the TX but lists it as an X. X is only available in Japan

Driver: Sim 10.5 WB 73 TX
3w: Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 15/BRNR Mini Diamana D+Plus 80TX

5w: Paradym AI Smoke 18 Tensei Pro White 1k 90 TX
4i: Srixon ZX Mk II AD IZ 95x

5i: Srixon U85 Oban CT 125x

6-PW: Miura TC-201 Oban CT 125x

50/54/59: Cleveland RTX Zipcore DG S400

Putter: Jailbird 380 WH

4 hours ago, BlueDragonKorea said:

I’m willing to bet Taylormade sells the TX but lists it as an X. X is only available in Japan

The torque and weight specs on the TM website and shaft catalogue are exact to the Japan MRC site.  I don’t think TM is offering up TX shafts.  

Callaway Paradym TD “S” 420cc 8.5 Project X Evenflow Riptide MX 60TX

Mizuno STZ Max 230 15.0 MCA Kaili Blue 70X

Callaway OG Apex UW 21.0 MCA MMT 80X

Mizuno Pro 243 5-GW Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno T24 56/12S Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Cleveland RTX Full Face 2 58/8 DG Spinner

Scotty Cameron Phantom 5S 34” (Yes the Rife Phenom.Z 34” of 10+ years may be retired) 

• 1 month later...

Justin Thomas ZF to Ventus Red and back to ZF. Was wondering has anybody compared these two? ZF vs Ventus Red? 

PXG GEN6 0311 10.5*DRIVER/FUJI RED VELOCORE 6S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN5 0311XF 17*FAIRWAY/FUJI MOTORE X F3 7S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN3 0311XP 3 IRON/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN3 0311P 4-PW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN4 0311P GW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG SD II WEDGES/56/13&62/10/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/GP TW BLK

MACHINE M2A 1018RAW CS PUTTER/ACCRA I-STEEL/SS FLAT 1.0

6 hours ago, evoviiiyou said:

Justin Thomas ZF to Ventus Red and back to ZF. Was wondering has anybody compared these two? ZF vs Ventus Red? 

I have not, but will say the ZF is my next shaft to try. I have been lurking for a used 50S. May bite the bullet and just get a new one. There are guys selling these at good prices on here. JustinD is one of them. 

Edited by OspreyCI
  • Thanks 1

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

Thanks brotha. My ZF 60S is on its way and I will compare it to try VRed and the Tensei Blue AV Raw for sure whenever it arrives.

Looking online at info the two seem similar, just hoping the ZF is as smooth as the VRed cause I love the look and on paper the profile seems perfect for the Proto+ heads forgiveness for my game. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, evoviiiyou said:

Thanks brotha. My ZF 60S is on its way and I will compare it to try VRed and the Tensei Blue AV Raw for sure whenever it arrives.

Looking online at info the two seem similar, just hoping the ZF is as smooth as the VRed cause I love the look and on paper the profile seems perfect for the Proto+ heads forgiveness for my game. 

Can't wait to hear. You may just cost me some money. Saved me some on the Gen4, but in the end I bet you hurt my wallet.

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

Getting you back for Proto 5 wood lol 

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...
On 4/6/2021 at 9:33 AM, evoviiiyou said:

Did you ever put your thoughts together on this?

AITD MAX  10.5° + UB6 AIMAX 16.5° + 21° + 24° + UB6+7+8 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / JWS RW + MODUS120 / SPDRL-NCK+ CT 120

3 hours ago, third-times-a-charm said:

Did you ever put your thoughts together on this?

I have and its interesting these are very interchangeable shafts that feel very similar.  Nice stable handle and an active lower mid into the firmer tip section.  Similar release with a touch more stability from the Velocore Red.  During the Proto+ testing, the ball flights were near identical and distances were just about the same as well.  If I had to say one was smoother would probably goto to ZF barely, and more stable then the slight edge to the Velocore.

I actually ended up pairing the ZF with the SIM2Max head after all of the testing and then the Red Velocore for the gamer Proto+.  I couldn't be happier. If you like a firmer handle with a smooth feeling but tip stable shaft these fit the bill perfectly.  

10 minutes ago, evoviiiyou said:

I have and its interesting these are very interchangeable shafts that feel very similar.  Nice stable handle and an active lower mid into the firmer tip section.  Similar release with a touch more stability from the Velocore Red.  During the Proto+ testing, the ball flights were near identical and distances were just about the same as well.  If I had to say one was smoother would probably goto to ZF barely, and more stable then the slight edge to the Velocore.

I actually ended up pairing the ZF with the SIM2Max head after all of the testing and then the Red Velocore for the gamer Proto+.  I couldn't be happier. If you like a firmer handle with a smooth feeling but tip stable shaft these fit the bill perfectly.  

Did you mess with tipping at all? And do you have experience with the Tensei Pro Blue?

AITD MAX  10.5° + UB6 AIMAX 16.5° + 21° + 24° + UB6+7+8 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / JWS RW + MODUS120 / SPDRL-NCK+ CT 120

11 minutes ago, third-times-a-charm said:

Did you mess with tipping at all? And do you have experience with the Tensei Pro Blue?

Yes, I always tip 1/2” for driver since I play heavier heads at 44.5/44.75” playing length depending on lie options (I like flat 56-57*). I also played the Tensei Pro when it came out a few seasons ago and the AV Raw Blue since it came out and loved both. They are both more linear in feel than the ZF and Velo Red. Definitely, not boardy but for sure less “blue board” mid to tip kick than ZF and Velo Red.  I have gamed all three and could again no problemo. If I was faced with a little higher spin head ball combo I would go Tensei Pro or AV blue. It’s for sure the outlier of these three, on the more the linear side of feel. 

Edited by evoviiiyou
Spelling
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, evoviiiyou said:

Yes, I always tip 1/2” for driver since I play heavier heads at 44.5/44.75” playing length depending on lie options (I like flat 56-57*). I also played the Tensei Pro when it came out a few seasons ago and the AV Raw Blue since it came out and loved both. They are both more linear in feel than the ZF and Velo Red. Definitely, not boardy but for sure less “blue board” mid to tip kick than ZF and Velo Red.  I have gamed all three and could again no problemo. If I was faced with a little higher spin head ball combo I would go Tensei Pro or AV blue. It’s for sure the outlier of these three, on the more the linear side of feel. 

Nice - good to hear.

I have a TB, ZF, and a TPB right now. The TPB is my main shaft but I'm hoping the ZF will win out - I just got it in the mail and haven't hit it yet. 

I like the loading of the BF/TB but like the stiffness of the TPB and it seems the ZF will do that.

I usually dont tip my shafts but the ZF is tipped .5" form the previous owner. I play at 44.75/45" but the ZF is playing at 45.25" right now so I took a ~3-4G's of weight off the head (not to mention the TPB swingweights lower due to the kevlar in the butt). I dont think I'll notice that much difference though or even have a difference in MOI with only 4G either way.

Edited by third-times-a-charm
  • Like 1