Diamana ZF Photos and Info

TollBros

18 minutes ago, third-times-a-charm said:

Nice - good to hear.

I have a TB, ZF, and a TPB right now. The TPB is my main shaft but I'm hoping the ZF will win out - I just got it in the mail and haven't hit it yet. 

I like the loading of the BF/TB but like the stiffness of the TPB and it seems the ZF will do that.

I usually dont tip my shafts but the ZF is tipped .5" form the previous owner. I play at 44.75/45" but the ZF is playing at 45.25" right now so I took a ~3-4G's of weight off the head (not to mention the TPB swingweights lower due to the kevlar in the butt). I dont think I'll notice that much difference though or even have a difference in MOI with only 4G either way.

I have a Ventus Blue and TB as shafts for my 3 metal.  I wanted to know your thoughts/comparisons to these.  Basically, I love the VB but it launches a little too low off the deck.  The TB launches fine off the deck but off the tee, while it doesn't balloon, it's not good for holes where there's head wind.  I'm looking for something right in the middle that's mid/low.  What would be your recommendation?  I've looked into the ZF but I've only tested it in driver not, 3 metal. 

TM SIM 2, 8* w/Diamana PD 70TX

TM SIM 15* w/Diamana ZF 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Ghost Proto 16* HB  w/Thump 105x

New Level NLU-01 21* w/KBS Proto 105x

New Level 623-M 5-PW w/MMT 125 TX

54* Miura HB w/KBS 610 S+, 58* Miura w/KBS Tour Black

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 1

2 minutes ago, phizzy30 said:

I have a Ventus Blue and TB as shafts for my 3 metal.  I wanted to know your thoughts/comparisons to these.  Basically, I love the VB but it launches a little too low off the deck.  The TB launches fine off the deck but off the tee, while it doesn't balloon, it's not good for holes where there's head wind.  I'm looking for something right in the middle that's mid/low.  What would be your recommendation?  I've looked into the ZF but I've only tested it in driver not, 3 metal. 

I would tip a BF/TB to bring the launch down if you need a small adjustment - or try a Tensei Pro Blue untipped. It definitely has a flatter trajectory than the TB and I can see it visually at the range.

I can't speak to the ZF yet since I havent hit it, but I'll be comparing them later this week hopefully Friday at the range.

• Thanks 1

Epic Speed + ZF 6 / TS2 3W + BF 7 / TSi2 7W + Tour AD MJ 8 / GAPR Lo 4 + MMT UT 105  / Apex 19 Pro + Modus3 120 / MD5 / Toulon JDM Austin +  KBS CT Tour PVD

5 minutes ago, third-times-a-charm said:

I would tip a BF/TB to bring the launch down if you need a small adjustment - or try a Tensei Pro Blue untipped. It definitely has a flatter trajectory than the TB and I can see it visually at the range.

I can't speak to the ZF yet since I havent hit it, but I'll be comparing them later this week hopefully Friday at the range.

Thing is, the TB is already tipped 1.5 inches.  I was thinking CK pro blue.  Let me know how the ZF goes.  I'm trying to weigh all my options atm.  Thanks. 

2 minutes ago, phizzy30 said:

Thing is, the TB is already tipped 1.5 inches.  I was thinking CK pro blue.  Let me know how the ZF goes.  I'm trying to weigh all my options atm.  Thanks. 

Yikes. If a TB tipped 1.5" is still ballooning you definitely might need a diff profile. Have you tired a real low/low like the DF or the TPW? The TPB is a tweener as well like the ZF (why the ZF interests me) but it still prob wont be low enough for you.

I dont use my 3 wood as an anti-wind club so I like the high flight. I use a hybrid or 4i for low shots so I can take that consideration away from my woods. YMMV.

Epic Speed + ZF 6 / TS2 3W + BF 7 / TSi2 7W + Tour AD MJ 8 / GAPR Lo 4 + MMT UT 105  / Apex 19 Pro + Modus3 120 / MD5 / Toulon JDM Austin +  KBS CT Tour PVD

2 minutes ago, third-times-a-charm said:

Yikes. If a TB tipped 1.5" is still ballooning you definitely might need a diff profile. Have you tired a real low/low like the DF or the TPW? The TPB is a tweener as well like the ZF (why the ZF interests me) but it still prob wont be low enough for you.

I dont use my 3 wood as an anti-wind club so I like the high flight. I use a hybrid or 4i for low shots so I can take that consideration away from my woods. YMMV.

Yeah I figured as much.  I've tried a lot of low/low shafts for driver but not 3 metal.  The CK pro white wouldn't spin enough for me.  I also find that I really have to go after it for it to load properly which is fine for driver, but I'm not trying to do that with 3 metal unless I'm trying to get on the green in two with 3 metal which is very rare.  I tried it for driver and it was one of my favorites and was a close second behind the Ventus Black.  CK pro blue sounds like a good choice.  I'm torn atm.  I will keep the TB for now, but will have to change to a different shaft soon. 

4 hours ago, phizzy30 said:

Yeah I figured as much.  I've tried a lot of low/low shafts for driver but not 3 metal.  The CK pro white wouldn't spin enough for me.  I also find that I really have to go after it for it to load properly which is fine for driver, but I'm not trying to do that with 3 metal unless I'm trying to get on the green in two with 3 metal which is very rare.  I tried it for driver and it was one of my favorites and was a close second behind the Ventus Black.  CK pro blue sounds like a good choice.  I'm torn atm.  I will keep the TB for now, but will have to change to a different shaft soon. 

Have you hit the Tour AD TP? I had a Ventus Black 7X in my driver which was nice, but a little too heavy. Tipped it and cut it down for a run in my 3 wood, but doesn't produce enough launch and spin. AD TP has a great loading feel and mid launch like a blue board with less spin. 

• Like 1

Cobra RAD XB 9* - AD TP 6TX/ Cobra SZ Big Tour 13.5* - Tour AD TP 8X / Callaway Apex Hybrid or Titleist U510 20* - Tour AD IZ 95X

Mizuno MP20 MMC 4,5 / MP20 6-P - Project X 6.5 / Vokey SM8 50.08F, 56.12D, 60.08M - Project X 6.0

TM TP Juno or Spider Tour Black / Bridgestone BX

8 hours ago, cw1209 said:

Have you hit the Tour AD TP? I had a Ventus Black 7X in my driver which was nice, but a little too heavy. Tipped it and cut it down for a run in my 3 wood, but doesn't produce enough launch and spin. AD TP has a great loading feel and mid launch like a blue board with less spin. 

I have two cousins that play the TP in their drivers.  I have given it some thought.  To me, it's an updated, more stable DI.  I had the DI in my old FT-9TA and when I hit it good, it was awesome, but when I mis hit it, it would curve off the planet.  I have my reservations, but you may have convinced me to give it a go, haha. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phizzy30 said:

I have two cousins that play the TP in their drivers.  I have given it some thought.  To me, it's an updated, more stable DI.  I had the DI in my old FT-9TA and when I hit it good, it was awesome, but when I mis hit it, it would curve off the planet.  I have my reservations, but you may have convinced me to give it a go, haha. 

I have hit the DI as well and the difference in performance and feel between DI and TP is noticeable. Not even sure I would be able the play the AD DI. TP's significantly firmer mid and handle gives it more control and less kick than the DI. I have the 6 TX with no tipping in my driver and and 8X tipped an inch in my 3 wood.

• Like 1

Cobra RAD XB 9* - AD TP 6TX/ Cobra SZ Big Tour 13.5* - Tour AD TP 8X / Callaway Apex Hybrid or Titleist U510 20* - Tour AD IZ 95X

Mizuno MP20 MMC 4,5 / MP20 6-P - Project X 6.5 / Vokey SM8 50.08F, 56.12D, 60.08M - Project X 6.0

TM TP Juno or Spider Tour Black / Bridgestone BX

So I finally got the ZF out. Had about an hour at the range before my tee time today and I compared the ZF and my TPB. The ZF is tipped .5" and the TPB is not. I actually forgot the ZF was tipped and it was the first time I had it out so I didnt have that in mind. 

The TPB has a higher flight and doesnt feel as crisp. Not sure how to explain it. The ZF gives a nice pop, good feedback, and the launch is ideal for my eye.

I ended up taking the ZF out for the 18 holes. Fantastic shaft.

I also noticed the ZF takes the left side out of play much better for me than the TPB does. Only had 1 bad hook today and hit a record number of fairways - all while playing a club/course that I havent played in years.

I'm gonna keep the TPB around a while longer and I'm prob going to sell my Diamana TB, but the ZF is going to stay in the bag for now.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, third-times-a-charm said:

So I finally got the ZF out. Had about an hour at the range before my tee time today and I compared the ZF and my TPB. The ZF is tipped .5" and the TPB is not. I actually forgot the ZF was tipped and it was the first time I had it out so I didnt have that in mind. 

The TPB has a higher flight and doesnt feel as crisp. Not sure how to explain it. The ZF gives a nice pop, good feedback, and the launch is ideal for my eye.

I also noticed the ZF takes the left side out of play much better for me than the TPB does. Only had 1 bad hook today and hit a record number of fairways - all while playing a club/course that I havent played in years.

I'm gonna keep the TPB around a while longer and I'm prob going to sell my Diamana TB, but the ZF is going to stay in the bag for now.

That tracks with what the shaft is on paper for sure. The CK weave in the handle of the Tensei Pro shafts is dense and massively strong, which can lead to more vibration absorption and a smoother feel. The ZF is also stiffer almost all the way around, especially when tipped a little, so you may want to giving some aggressive tipping a shot on the Pro Blue before you sell it to maybe get a little of both worlds, although that can obviously impact resale value so something to consider. 

Taylormade SIM 10.5* Diamana X'17 70TX || Taylormade SIM 9* Diamana X'17 70X
Taylormade SIM Ti V2 15* Kuro Kage Proto 80TX || Taylormade SIM Ti V2 17* Kuro Kage 80XTS 
Taylormade M5 19* Tensei Pro White 90TX || TItleist TS21* Kuro Kage 100XTS 
Taylormade RSI UDI 20* Project X PXi 7.0 // Kuro Kage 100XTS 
Hybrid  
Bridgestone J40 DPC 4i-7i 23*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

9 hours ago, Valtiel said:

That tracks with what the shaft is on paper for sure. The CK weave in the handle of the Tensei Pro shafts is dense and massively strong, which can lead to more vibration absorption and a smoother feel. The ZF is also stiffer almost all the way around, especially when tipped a little, so you may want to giving some aggressive tipping a shot on the Pro Blue before you sell it to maybe get a little of both worlds, although that can obviously impact resale value so something to consider. 

I tried a TPB tipped 1.5” once and it was just devoid of feel at that point. It made it very hard to get a feel and time the shaft - for me.

I’m really considering trying .5” on the TPB but im also trying to talk myself out of it because I don’t think it’ll magically make the TPB do what the ZF is doing.

…and after all my question to myself would be “why?”. Why try and turn the TPB into the ZF when I’m happy with the performance of the ZF lol

The answer is we are always chasing an extra 10yds right? But I don’t think I’ll be getting that out of that experiment.

The dispersion is phenomenal on the ZF for me and that’s not something I can just ignore - but who am I kidding I’m sure I’ll be chasing that 10yds again next month like an idiot 🤣

• Like 1

19 hours ago, third-times-a-charm said:

That's really good to hear.  I've actually ordered a ZF and tipping it an inch.  I'm doing a swap as well.  Your post gives me hope so I really appreciate your feedback.  I'm hoping it plays like my Ventus Blue but maybe launches a hair higher off the deck.  I'm also excited to hear that it's anti-left for you.  I noticed that it's a non-linear shaft that is both stiff in the butt and tip but soft in the middle so that should be interesting.  I will report back when after I do some testing within the next couple weeks. 

Edited by phizzy30

I also forgot to mention another important attribute of the ZF shaft;

If you like the blue board feel and use them (BF, TB, B, Tensei, etc) in your other woods - the ZF transitions REALLY well to them in feel.

Personally I struggle with this: when playing a course that needs constant switching between my 3 wood/hybrid and driver for tighter holes and I’m playing shafts that don’t feel the same my timing and feel can be off.

With the ZF in driver and blueboards in woods im extremely comfortable swapping between them. Sorta hard to explain but the ZF really does give you the blueboard feel with a “low shaft” performance even though it’s more of a mid.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1