Diamana ZF Photos and Info

TollBros

18 minutes ago, third-times-a-charm said:

Nice - good to hear.

I have a TB, ZF, and a TPB right now. The TPB is my main shaft but I'm hoping the ZF will win out - I just got it in the mail and haven't hit it yet. 

I like the loading of the BF/TB but like the stiffness of the TPB and it seems the ZF will do that.

I usually dont tip my shafts but the ZF is tipped .5" form the previous owner. I play at 44.75/45" but the ZF is playing at 45.25" right now so I took a ~3-4G's of weight off the head (not to mention the TPB swingweights lower due to the kevlar in the butt). I dont think I'll notice that much difference though or even have a difference in MOI with only 4G either way.

I have a Ventus Blue and TB as shafts for my 3 metal.  I wanted to know your thoughts/comparisons to these.  Basically, I love the VB but it launches a little too low off the deck.  The TB launches fine off the deck but off the tee, while it doesn't balloon, it's not good for holes where there's head wind.  I'm looking for something right in the middle that's mid/low.  What would be your recommendation?  I've looked into the ZF but I've only tested it in driver not, 3 metal. 

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

2 minutes ago, phizzy30 said:

I have a Ventus Blue and TB as shafts for my 3 metal.  I wanted to know your thoughts/comparisons to these.  Basically, I love the VB but it launches a little too low off the deck.  The TB launches fine off the deck but off the tee, while it doesn't balloon, it's not good for holes where there's head wind.  I'm looking for something right in the middle that's mid/low.  What would be your recommendation?  I've looked into the ZF but I've only tested it in driver not, 3 metal. 

I would tip a BF/TB to bring the launch down if you need a small adjustment - or try a Tensei Pro Blue untipped. It definitely has a flatter trajectory than the TB and I can see it visually at the range.

I can't speak to the ZF yet since I havent hit it, but I'll be comparing them later this week hopefully Friday at the range.

• Thanks 1

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SPDR EXTC + GPS

5 minutes ago, third-times-a-charm said:

I would tip a BF/TB to bring the launch down if you need a small adjustment - or try a Tensei Pro Blue untipped. It definitely has a flatter trajectory than the TB and I can see it visually at the range.

I can't speak to the ZF yet since I havent hit it, but I'll be comparing them later this week hopefully Friday at the range.

Thing is, the TB is already tipped 1.5 inches.  I was thinking CK pro blue.  Let me know how the ZF goes.  I'm trying to weigh all my options atm.  Thanks. 

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

2 minutes ago, phizzy30 said:

Thing is, the TB is already tipped 1.5 inches.  I was thinking CK pro blue.  Let me know how the ZF goes.  I'm trying to weigh all my options atm.  Thanks. 

Yikes. If a TB tipped 1.5" is still ballooning you definitely might need a diff profile. Have you tired a real low/low like the DF or the TPW? The TPB is a tweener as well like the ZF (why the ZF interests me) but it still prob wont be low enough for you.

I dont use my 3 wood as an anti-wind club so I like the high flight. I use a hybrid or 4i for low shots so I can take that consideration away from my woods. YMMV.

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SPDR EXTC + GPS

2 minutes ago, third-times-a-charm said:

Yikes. If a TB tipped 1.5" is still ballooning you definitely might need a diff profile. Have you tired a real low/low like the DF or the TPW? The TPB is a tweener as well like the ZF (why the ZF interests me) but it still prob wont be low enough for you.

I dont use my 3 wood as an anti-wind club so I like the high flight. I use a hybrid or 4i for low shots so I can take that consideration away from my woods. YMMV.

Yeah I figured as much.  I've tried a lot of low/low shafts for driver but not 3 metal.  The CK pro white wouldn't spin enough for me.  I also find that I really have to go after it for it to load properly which is fine for driver, but I'm not trying to do that with 3 metal unless I'm trying to get on the green in two with 3 metal which is very rare.  I tried it for driver and it was one of my favorites and was a close second behind the Ventus Black.  CK pro blue sounds like a good choice.  I'm torn atm.  I will keep the TB for now, but will have to change to a different shaft soon. 

4 hours ago, phizzy30 said:

Yeah I figured as much.  I've tried a lot of low/low shafts for driver but not 3 metal.  The CK pro white wouldn't spin enough for me.  I also find that I really have to go after it for it to load properly which is fine for driver, but I'm not trying to do that with 3 metal unless I'm trying to get on the green in two with 3 metal which is very rare.  I tried it for driver and it was one of my favorites and was a close second behind the Ventus Black.  CK pro blue sounds like a good choice.  I'm torn atm.  I will keep the TB for now, but will have to change to a different shaft soon. 

Have you hit the Tour AD TP? I had a Ventus Black 7X in my driver which was nice, but a little too heavy. Tipped it and cut it down for a run in my 3 wood, but doesn't produce enough launch and spin. AD TP has a great loading feel and mid launch like a blue board with less spin. 

• Like 1

Cobra Aerojet LS 10.5* - Hzrdus Black Gen 4 60 6.5 / Aerojet LS 3 - AD TP 7X / SZ Tour 5 - AD TP 8X / Apex 21 4H - AD IZ 95X / Cobra Tour 5-P, RTX6 50 M KBS $ Taper HT S+ / 56F - KBS 610S / 60M KBS Hi Rev 2.0 S/ White Hot OG #7 CH / Maxfli Tour

8 hours ago, cw1209 said:

Have you hit the Tour AD TP? I had a Ventus Black 7X in my driver which was nice, but a little too heavy. Tipped it and cut it down for a run in my 3 wood, but doesn't produce enough launch and spin. AD TP has a great loading feel and mid launch like a blue board with less spin. 

I have two cousins that play the TP in their drivers.  I have given it some thought.  To me, it's an updated, more stable DI.  I had the DI in my old FT-9TA and when I hit it good, it was awesome, but when I mis hit it, it would curve off the planet.  I have my reservations, but you may have convinced me to give it a go, haha. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phizzy30 said:

I have two cousins that play the TP in their drivers.  I have given it some thought.  To me, it's an updated, more stable DI.  I had the DI in my old FT-9TA and when I hit it good, it was awesome, but when I mis hit it, it would curve off the planet.  I have my reservations, but you may have convinced me to give it a go, haha. 

I have hit the DI as well and the difference in performance and feel between DI and TP is noticeable. Not even sure I would be able the play the AD DI. TP's significantly firmer mid and handle gives it more control and less kick than the DI. I have the 6 TX with no tipping in my driver and and 8X tipped an inch in my 3 wood.

• Like 1

Cobra Aerojet LS 10.5* - Hzrdus Black Gen 4 60 6.5 / Aerojet LS 3 - AD TP 7X / SZ Tour 5 - AD TP 8X / Apex 21 4H - AD IZ 95X / Cobra Tour 5-P, RTX6 50 M KBS $ Taper HT S+ / 56F - KBS 610S / 60M KBS Hi Rev 2.0 S/ White Hot OG #7 CH / Maxfli Tour

So I finally got the ZF out. Had about an hour at the range before my tee time today and I compared the ZF and my TPB. The ZF is tipped .5" and the TPB is not. I actually forgot the ZF was tipped and it was the first time I had it out so I didnt have that in mind. 

The TPB has a higher flight and doesnt feel as crisp. Not sure how to explain it. The ZF gives a nice pop, good feedback, and the launch is ideal for my eye.

I ended up taking the ZF out for the 18 holes. Fantastic shaft.

I also noticed the ZF takes the left side out of play much better for me than the TPB does. Only had 1 bad hook today and hit a record number of fairways - all while playing a club/course that I havent played in years.

I'm gonna keep the TPB around a while longer and I'm prob going to sell my Diamana TB, but the ZF is going to stay in the bag for now.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, third-times-a-charm said:

So I finally got the ZF out. Had about an hour at the range before my tee time today and I compared the ZF and my TPB. The ZF is tipped .5" and the TPB is not. I actually forgot the ZF was tipped and it was the first time I had it out so I didnt have that in mind. 

The TPB has a higher flight and doesnt feel as crisp. Not sure how to explain it. The ZF gives a nice pop, good feedback, and the launch is ideal for my eye.

I also noticed the ZF takes the left side out of play much better for me than the TPB does. Only had 1 bad hook today and hit a record number of fairways - all while playing a club/course that I havent played in years.

I'm gonna keep the TPB around a while longer and I'm prob going to sell my Diamana TB, but the ZF is going to stay in the bag for now.

That tracks with what the shaft is on paper for sure. The CK weave in the handle of the Tensei Pro shafts is dense and massively strong, which can lead to more vibration absorption and a smoother feel. The ZF is also stiffer almost all the way around, especially when tipped a little, so you may want to giving some aggressive tipping a shot on the Pro Blue before you sell it to maybe get a little of both worlds, although that can obviously impact resale value so something to consider. 

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 19* Nippon GOST Prototype Hybrid 10
Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J40 DPC 4i-7i 24*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

9 hours ago, Valtiel said:

That tracks with what the shaft is on paper for sure. The CK weave in the handle of the Tensei Pro shafts is dense and massively strong, which can lead to more vibration absorption and a smoother feel. The ZF is also stiffer almost all the way around, especially when tipped a little, so you may want to giving some aggressive tipping a shot on the Pro Blue before you sell it to maybe get a little of both worlds, although that can obviously impact resale value so something to consider. 

I tried a TPB tipped 1.5” once and it was just devoid of feel at that point. It made it very hard to get a feel and time the shaft - for me.

I’m really considering trying .5” on the TPB but im also trying to talk myself out of it because I don’t think it’ll magically make the TPB do what the ZF is doing.

…and after all my question to myself would be “why?”. Why try and turn the TPB into the ZF when I’m happy with the performance of the ZF lol

The answer is we are always chasing an extra 10yds right? But I don’t think I’ll be getting that out of that experiment.

The dispersion is phenomenal on the ZF for me and that’s not something I can just ignore - but who am I kidding I’m sure I’ll be chasing that 10yds again next month like an idiot 🤣

• Like 1

19 hours ago, third-times-a-charm said:

That's really good to hear.  I've actually ordered a ZF and tipping it an inch.  I'm doing a swap as well.  Your post gives me hope so I really appreciate your feedback.  I'm hoping it plays like my Ventus Blue but maybe launches a hair higher off the deck.  I'm also excited to hear that it's anti-left for you.  I noticed that it's a non-linear shaft that is both stiff in the butt and tip but soft in the middle so that should be interesting.  I will report back when after I do some testing within the next couple weeks. 

Edited by phizzy30

I also forgot to mention another important attribute of the ZF shaft;

If you like the blue board feel and use them (BF, TB, B, Tensei, etc) in your other woods - the ZF transitions REALLY well to them in feel.

Personally I struggle with this: when playing a course that needs constant switching between my 3 wood/hybrid and driver for tighter holes and I’m playing shafts that don’t feel the same my timing and feel can be off.

With the ZF in driver and blueboards in woods im extremely comfortable swapping between them. Sorta hard to explain but the ZF really does give you the blueboard feel with a “low shaft” performance even though it’s more of a mid.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

I have always played low/low shafts with stiffer profiles in both my driver and 3 wood but at the weekend I got to hit a friend's Titleist TSi3 driver with a Diamana ZF 60 TX (tipped 1" i think) and I was very impressed, the shaft felt very smooth and pretty stable and I seemed to be hitting it very long but the less stout profile overall was very noticeable but in a good way, I have played my driver at 44.5" over the past couple of years but currently play it at 45" so heavier shafts definately suit my swing profile better and they seem to  improve my consistency so recently I have played driver shafts in the 74-77 gram weight range.

I am now very keen to try the ZF 70 TX and I think it may be perfect for me despite weighing 80 grams, so I would appreciate the thoughts of anyone who has played the ZF 70 TX and I am especially interested to hear if it has a very similar profile to the ZF 60 TX or whether it is a bit stiffer.

To celebrate Patrick Cantlays recent performances on Tour, the ZF60S is back in the bag for a practice and real round test this weekend. Looking forward to playing at Pebble Creek this weekend with the ole TI SIM Max OG head paired with my ZF60S. Of course, going to have to be really good to knock out the Cobra SZX Accra TZ6 combo...lets see if it can. 

• Like 1

PXG GEN6 0311 10.5*DRIVER/FUJI RED VELOCORE 6S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN5 0311XF 17*FAIRWAY/FUJI MOTORE X F3 7S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN3 0311XP 3 IRON/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN3 0311P 4-PW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN4 0311P GW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG SD II WEDGES/56/13&62/10/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/GP TW BLK

MACHINE M2A 1018RAW CS PUTTER/ACCRA I-STEEL/SS FLAT 1.0

21 minutes ago, evoviiiyou said:

To celebrate Patrick Cantlays recent performances on Tour, the ZF60S is back in the bag for a practice and real round test this weekend. Looking forward to playing at Pebble Creek this weekend with the ole TI SIM Max OG head paired with my ZF60S. Of course, going to have to be really good to knock out the Cobra SZX Accra TZ6 combo...lets see if it can. 

Anxious to hear. Might be picking up a ZF on BST. Hit it well my friend. 

• Like 1

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

1 hour ago, OspreyCI said:

Anxious to hear. Might be picking up a ZF on BST. Hit it well my friend. 

Thanks brother. Always loved the ZF and she really it feels smooth. Maybe a touch more than the Accra (not much) and probably a wash in terms of stability. Plus the ion finished and hologram graphics are sexy. 

Get one. It’s a good blend in between your GD shaft and the Ventus Black. It’s probably right in the middle somewhere of those two most recent shafts you were playing in the driver. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, evoviiiyou said:

Thanks brother. Always loved the ZF and she really it feels smooth. Maybe a touch more than the Accra (not much) and probably a wash in terms of stability. Plus the ion finished and hologram graphics are sexy. 

Get one. It’s a good blend in between your GD shaft and the Ventus Black. It’s probably right in the middle somewhere of those two most recent shafts you were playing in the driver. 

You are killing me. I better PayPal the guy now!! I surely went to extremes lately and this sounds like a middle of the road of a bit too loose and a bit to tight. Hmmm

• Like 1

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

5 minutes ago, OspreyCI said:

You are killing me. I better PayPal the guy now!! I surely went to extremes lately and this sounds like a middle of the road of a bit too loose and a bit to tight. Hmmm

You have done exactly how my fitter would do it. Go loose as possible and then go as tight as possible and then tweak from there. Sound like you have always know this lol. 

The ZF is definitely tight enough to hold up to being aggressive, never worried there. It’s also very smooth, so no worries there, and spin windows with any of the heads paired, have always been where this shaft along with the Accra TZ6 shine for me. The Ventus Red tipped was as smooth just a touch higher flight for my swing with a touch higher spin number. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, evoviiiyou said:

You have done exactly how my fitter would do it. Go loose as possible and then go as tight as possible and then tweak from there. Sound like you have always know this lol. 

The ZF is definitely tight enough to hold up to being aggressive, never worried there. It’s also very smooth, so no worries there, and spin windows with any of the heads paired, have always been where this shaft along with the Accra TZ6 shine for me. The Ventus Red tipped was as smooth just a touch higher flight for my swing with a touch higher spin number. 

Just picked up a ZF 60S and can’t wait to get it in the Gen4 head.

Is there a longer ferrule that can go with the PXG sleeve so I can cover up the old prepped area? I don’t want to tip it just to cover up the Mizuno sleeve I have to remove and hate when you see the old prepped area. 

• Like 1

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

1 hour ago, OspreyCI said:

Just picked up a ZF 60S and can’t wait to get it in the Gen4 head.

Is there a longer ferrule that can go with the PXG sleeve so I can cover up the old prepped area? I don’t want to tip it just to cover up the Mizuno sleeve I have to remove and hate when you see the old prepped area. 

Downside to PXG adapters - they're tiny. Even the smallest collar-less ferrules in radial thickness is still too large and if you try and sand it down itll get really thin.

You can try a permanent marker to make a nice line above it if its 1/16" of prep showing, or a piece of electrical tape or heatshrink tubing if its up to 1/4" - that may look ok depending on your standards.

Or just tip it up to 1/4" - that wont change the shaft at all for a human swing.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, third-times-a-charm said:

Downside to PXG adapters - they're tiny. Even the smallest collar-less ferrules in radial thickness is still too large and if you try and sand it down itll get really thin.

You can try a permanent marker to make a nice line above it if its 1/16" of prep showing, or a piece of electrical tape or heatshrink tubing if its up to 1/4" - that may look ok depending on your standards.

Or just tip it up to 1/4" - that wont change the shaft at all for a human swing.

Got it. Appreciate the help. I’ll probably just tip it then 1/4” if that does not matter much. We all hate seeing the prep area on such a pretty shaft. 

• Like 1

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

2 hours ago, third-times-a-charm said:

I agree here tip that 1/4" will not change a thing except make it look more pretty and in the back of your mind a little more stable to add a little more weight to that Gen 4 head for BOMBS!

• Haha 1

• 2 years later...

Going to revive an old thread here. I just ordered a 70 gram shaft to put in a rocket m6 fairway wood. Super excited to assemble next week and hit. Always liked the original blue fairway shafts. 

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5 Project X Denali Black 60S 

Callaway AI Smoke Max Project X Denali Black 70S 3 Wood

Callaway Apex UW 19 & 21 deg MMT 70 Stiff

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 5-PW Project X IO 5.5

Wedges ???

Odyssey Dual Force Putter

TaylorMade TP5

Vessel Lux XV 2.0 Black Cart Bag

3 hours ago, odshot68 said:

Going to revive an old thread here. I just ordered a 70 gram shaft to put in a rocket m6 fairway wood. Super excited to assemble next week and hit. Always liked the original blue fairway shafts. 

The ZF is still great, you might have found that most discussion moved on to threads about the GT since that's the new version. 

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

TSR1 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR1 20°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

JPX 923 Forged  5-P, DG120 X100
RTX6  50, 54, 58 MID (AMT White X100)
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

4 hours ago, odshot68 said:

I'm playing a 70 stiff in my sim ti 3wd and a 60 stiff in my sim driver. They both feel great. 

• Like 1

Taylormade Sim 9.0° Diamana ZF 60 stiff

Taylormade Sim Ti 15° Diamana ZF 70 stiff

Cobra F7 4-5 Ti 18.5° Diamana Kai'li 80 stiff

Ping G25 Hybrid 23° Kbs C-Taper Lite stiff 

Bridgestone Tour-B X-CB 5-PW Project X LZ 6.0

Cobra MiM Black 50°v, 56°v, 60°w Kbs Hi-REV 2.0 125 stiff 

Maltby Ptm-1

Srixon Z-Star 

Titleist Players 5 Stand Bag

Bagboy Nitron 

4 hours ago, GooseHook said:

The ZF is still great, you might have found that most discussion moved on to threads about the GT since that's the new version. 

I’ve read a lot on this lately. I’m hoping this  is more stable than my stealth plus with av blue 70. If so, plan on getting a get for driver next season. Would be interested to know how they compare. 

Wedges ???

TaylorMade TP5

Just now, odshot68 said:

I’ve read a lot on this lately. I’m hoping this  is more stable than my stealth plus with av blue 70. If so, plan on getting a get for driver next season. Would be interested to know how they compare. 

GT or ZF?  GT is way more stable than the AV blue.

6 minutes ago, phizzy30 said:

GT or ZF?  GT is way more stable than the AV blue.

Sorry GT to ZF comparison

Wedges ???

TaylorMade TP5

Just now, odshot68 said:

Sorry GT to ZF comparison

GT feels more stout overall compared to the ZF.  In terms of stability, the GT wins for me.  Dispersion pattern is tighter and the ball curves less.  I'm also able to hit a slight fade with the GT whereas I couldn't really do that unless I really manipulated my swing path with the ZF.  Launch/spin are a wash.

• Like 2