2020 Phoenix Area Course Conditions

azgolfer44

Cave Creek driving range this afternoon to figure out what the heck is wrong with my swing now. About half of the "stalls" were open and were spaced out well, grass tee in decent condition but a bit unlevel. Large basket was $9. About 8 balls in the basket either had the dimples worn off completely or were otherwise duds. The only thing I don't like is that you have to carry the basket full of balls all the way across the parking lot to the range from the clubhouse. I caught my foot on some loose gravel and almost lost the whole thing. That would have been quite the scene.

Thanks for the recommendation. Fun round at sunrise this morning with a foursome walked it at 3.5 hours. Fun round with some great guy and players. Great shape too.

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

Played Southern Dunes this morning. First time down there and absolutely loved it. Great course layout and conditions were excellent. Got a bit warm, but I suppose it's that time now. The flies were out in full force. Totaled it up the other day and that's my 62nd Phoenix area course I've played. It shot right up almost to the top, only behind Desert Mountain Outlaw. Pace was good - played a 4some in 4 hours right on the nose. Definitely understand why it's so high on many rankings in the forum. I'll be back down there plenty in the future.

Is anyone else feeling guilty about playing? My last round had a very weird vibe like “I shouldn’t be doing this” and I shot a million, whew knew empathy was a swing fault lol

callaway epic max ls MMT x
Ping G25 15* Black Tie

818 H2 set 21* evenflow 6.5

HOGAN ft worth black x100

cleveland 50* scratch  54 & 60 customs T&A
Cleveland TA milled options

Longbow Golf Course Yesterday, in excellent shape. Greens are super quick right now. Such a fun course to play. Lot's of female pro's out there yesterday prepping for a Cactus Tour event next week. Played in front of Haley Moore, holy crap she can bomb it, saw a couple of her approach shots into the green as well, she has some serious game, it was fun to watch.

• Like 1

Not "guilty" exactly, but I have had those moments where I look to see if anyone is judging. lol And the whole 'vibe' as you say has affected my game - I go out to get swings in and haven't cared much about warmup, putting out, looking for balls, etc - I just hit the shot and move on.

• Like 1

Illinois has been on lock down for over a month. The courses will be opening May 1st with only twosomes allowed, and 15 minute tee times. Don't feel guilty. Get out there and get some exercise. Sigh. I lost close to 30 lbs over the winter there, but I haven't teed it up in nearly two months. I've gained back 10 pounds at least. As long as you're practicing good social distancing, I don't see any problem.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

I haven't played a round since last week of Feb, but lots of range visits into a retirement area in my area of E. Mesa - that over there gives me some guilt as I am younger than most there.

So, to knock the cobwebs off it, will play two days in a row starting Monday @ Ken Mac (old fave-boring but easy) and then out into a desert wash course on Tue @ Apache Creek. That second one I love the setting but hate some of the course where grass runs out for no reason with a rock iron needed at times.

Hope to get single rider cart. On my mtn bike canal ride - today, Sunday @ about 100deg., the fair-weather crowd finally thinned out with the heat. I am usually the lone wolf on my runs and bike outings all summer.

I don't mind golf outings solo in the mid-summer heat because of my conditioning.

BAG ONE:                                                                                                   BAG TWO:
D - Callaway Rogue ST Max D                                               - Cobra F9 Tour Length  

5 -  Ping G425 Max 5(16.5)                                                    3 -  TEE C721 Pro 3 HL(16.5)

H - Callaway Mav P (18) Titleist TS2 (21)                              H - TM SF 2.0 (18) & (21)

I -  Titleist T300 4                                                                   I -  Taylormade SIM Max 4      
I -  Titleist T100 5-P/MR KK TiNi 105                                     I -  Taylormade P760 5-P/Recoils 110 F4

W - Vokey SM8 52, Vokey SM6 58                                        W - Vokey SM8 52, Vokey SM6 58 
P - Bellum Winmore Midi  787                                                - Guerin TS Black 370

Wait.... you played 18 in 1:50 minutes?? Must have shot around Par with no balls in the desert. That’s fast for a muni, but SD is a different story. Impressive.

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

I don't feel guilty. I've actually had to step back a few times. An older guy (prob in his 60's) walked up to shake my hand on the first tee. I had to back away and say, "Uhhhh social distancing?" If you're responsible and do it right, golf is one of the best things to do right now. Every time I go to the store, I see cross contamination and measures that are taken by the stores to "help." They make people feel better but we're sharing germs all the same.

Little off topic. Anywhere in the Valley you can get club repair right now? I need a driver sleeve reshafted. Sorry. Thought this would be The best place to ask fellow AZ golfers.

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

Second that....he has 3 sets of my irons in his store for consignment last I checked. I brought 4 of them over in early March b4 the state orders of many store shutdowns.

He sold one just prior to becoming appointment only, so call him first to see what his hours are now.

BAG ONE:                                                                                                   BAG TWO:
D - Callaway Rogue ST Max D                                               - Cobra F9 Tour Length  

5 -  Ping G425 Max 5(16.5)                                                    3 -  TEE C721 Pro 3 HL(16.5)

H - Callaway Mav P (18) Titleist TS2 (21)                              H - TM SF 2.0 (18) & (21)

I -  Titleist T300 4                                                                   I -  Taylormade SIM Max 4      
I -  Titleist T100 5-P/MR KK TiNi 105                                     I -  Taylormade P760 5-P/Recoils 110 F4

W - Vokey SM8 52, Vokey SM6 58                                        W - Vokey SM8 52, Vokey SM6 58 
P - Bellum Winmore Midi  787                                                - Guerin TS Black 370

I have driven by it many times and now I have a shop to go use and support. Like that he has PXG products too. Appreciate it.

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick