Korn Ferry Tour Qualifying Scores- Wow

Cpr3584

Well said. Look at it this way. Compare pro golf to the NFL. In football the top 125 are the Pro Bowl players. The best of the best. The starters in the NFL are the equivalent of the KF tour, the rest of the Euro tour, the AustralAsian tour, the Japanese and Korean tour and maybe a bit more.** Other than some idiot fans not many think the starters s&ck at football.

**math is not perfect but 32 teams with 22 starters is 704 players. Less the pro bowl/ tour equivalent 125 leaves room for 504 golfers.

• Like 1

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

can never be equipment alone... it is when great equipment meets great skills... then you have low scores.

Titleist TSR4 /Ozik F6M2/Ozik TP6HD/EVO III FUJI/fuji pro 2.0
Cobra Ltd 3 Kaili 80

Cobra Ltd 5 Kaili 80 (sub :Cobra F6 Baffler 18.5 Kaili 80)
Adams XTD TI  22 Hybrid
Honma 757B Blades 4-pw . s300 xp 
Nike Vapor Pro combo AW 50*,Ping 3.0 EYE 54, 58 

Bettinardi SS 2 silver

Nike B1-05 Origin (Rare)
Slazenger 508/Kirk Currie KC02B

I tried to qualify for the Houston Open last year just for fun. I shot -3 in the pre-qualifier and finished T-8 to make it into the Monday qualifier. I was off early that Monday and I knew -7 would be good enough just based on the years prior at this course. I closed my front nine with 5 straight birdies and went cold on the back. I was in a 5 for 2 playoff 6 hours after I completed my round. I've played in numerous tournaments, several USGA events so I know what pressure/tournament nerves feels like. I have never been as nervous as I was standing on the tee in that playoff. It was almost laughable at how high my heart rate was at that moment. 2 guys made bogey and were eliminated and I made it 3 holes into the playoff before being knocked out. The 2 guys who made it through are both members of the KFT this year.

• Like 1

It isn’t memorable unless you are a power plant buff. Flat greens mostly straight holes but for guys with a lot of clubspeed it is kinda of a sucker course. They see it and think they should shoot 60. It rates 71.5 /125 from the back tees but if you try to hit driver everywhere you can end up in a lot of trouble. And being a muni the bunkers can be awful and they have a few out there. There is o.b. On almost every hole though so one crooked swing adds 2. My men’s club HC there is +2 but it doesn’t travel well because the greens are pretty easy to putt when they are smooth. Papago is by far more interesting and challenging but the young backs hit it so far it is not long enough for them anymore.

Generally qualifier locations are quality courses but no where near as difficult as actual tournament setups. (Having played my share of tour qualifiers) I can tell you there’s nothing more deflating than making the turn and hearing from family or seeing for myself that 66 ain’t good enough and I’m turning at 2 to 3 under. I played two qualifiers for the Miccossukkee and Jax Opens didn’t make a bogey over 36 holes, 67 and 68 missed by 5 both times.

Along with not necessarily the toughest courses, it’s all out balls to the wall because it’s 18 holes for 4 spots max and every single guy in the qualifier was an all American player or playing some form of professional golf so you have to fire at every pin and charge every putt. In sectionals you can be a little more conservative, because you have 36 holes. Monday’s you got one round to make it. I texted a couple buddies after their round at the WGV event he shot 1 under was tied 99th...I said “nice job, top 100!” He sent back, “F *** you, we are playing Duran” a decent course south of Saint Augustine in Viera. But his point was valid it’s not a tour caliber course. That’s what happens when you put tour players on a regular golf course...mid 20 under champion and 6 under cut. Nothing against King and Bear, terrific golf course always been in great shape when I have played it but it’s not a PGA tour golf course. sorry about the italics!

If you’re ever lucky enough to hang around at events in the locker rooms/clubhouse during rain delays/breakfast ask about Monday qualifiers and Q school. You’ll soon have 15-20 guys gathered around laughing and telling unbelievable stories of what they have witnessed on golf courses...pressure makes people do weird/crazy things. Some guys are oddly proud of that...ie “that’s one thing I’ll have over Tiger.” according to one player.

I'm a total mini grit and I'm guessing it are my lunch with all the ob then. Literally I remeber 2 things about the course. The split parking lot with canal dividing it and I think I was up against a driving range net! I'm usually a Cave Creek, Aguila, Papago(not much of a muni anymore), encanto, Dobson and GCU aka Maryvale.

With the events in June i was talking about yes there were a lot of mid-round WDs. Some former PGA tour pros WD along with some big name club pros in the Jacksonville area.

Taylormade M2
Callaway Epic 15 degree
Titleist 910H
Titleist 716CB with Dynamic Gold S400 4-PW
Titleist Vokey 56, 60
Titleist Scotty California Monterey 35 in
Titleist Pro V1x

I agree. That course is 5 minutes from my house and I have played it a number of times. I am near scratch and not a short hitter. I couldn't imagine shooting what they shot out there. blew my mind.

Titleist TSI3 8°, Xcaliber Avalon 6 tour stiff, tipped 1", C3 surefit and H2 for backweight, D1 SW, 45 3/8", 40g counterbalance weight;

PING G425 LST 3 wood, set at 13.5° Xcaliber T6* tour stiff, tipped 1 1/4" 43 1/2", D1, 20g counterbalance weight;

Snake Eyes 19° Quick Strike Tour, Xcaliber T6+ Tour Stiff, 20g counterbalance weight;

Maltby TS-1 irons, Dynamic Gold Sensicore X100 (4i is DG X100 soft stepped 1.5 times), D3, 2° flat;

Cleveland RTX Zipcore wedges, black satin, 50°, 54°, 58°, all 2° flat;

Ping TR series Anser 5, 33", 2° flat, 1.5° strong, 75g optivibe at 2" down the shaft and a 12g tourlock pro+ counterweight

Srixon Z Star XV, TP5X, or Maxfli Tour X