KHT Autoflex shaft

chocolate_rehab

I've stuck with my TSR2. It just works so well, I successfully avoided the urge to change for now. Maybe I'll check out the new Titleist drivers later this year, but I've heard mixed reviews on the AF + AI Smoke drivers so for me it's not worth the hassle of changing the adapter, etc. 

• Like 1

Titleist TSR4 // Autoflex SF505

Callaway AI Smoke Max // Tour AD IZ 55

Ping G430 3H, 4H, 5H // Tour AD IZ 65

Titleist T200/T150 5-GW // Steelfiber i80PR

Titleist SM10 52.08, 56.10 // Steelfiber i90PR

L.A.B. Golf DF3 // L.A.B. x TPT

1 hour ago, chocolate_rehab said:

I've stuck with my TSR2. It just works so well, I successfully avoided the urge to change for now. Maybe I'll check out the new Titleist drivers later this year, but I've heard mixed reviews on the AF + AI Smoke drivers so for me it's not worth the hassle of changing the adapter, etc. 

Titleist doesn't have it in their fitting cart yet, I think it's supposed to have been coming all spring.  I'm really hoping they have it when I go for fitting for the new model in July.  

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I lied. Going to try the Ping G430 10k Max head with Autoflex. I swapped out the 28g back weight for a 22g and it's bang on D1 at 45.5."

Going to give it a rip tomorrow hopefully.

• Like 3

On 4/21/2024 at 5:19 PM, chocolate_rehab said:

Okay, I lied. Going to try the Ping G430 10k Max head with Autoflex. I swapped out the 28g back weight for a 22g and it's bang on D1 at 45.5."

Going to give it a rip tomorrow hopefully.

Saw your ad, not working out?  Can you share the experience and number?

Thanks.

Callaway Paradym TD 9, Autoflex 505.

Callaway Paradym TD 15, Autoflex 505X.

TSR2 7 wood, Ventus TR 6S.
Paradym X 5 hybrid, Ventus 7S.

Paradym X 6 hybrid, Ventus 7S.

Paradym AI Smoke HL 8 hybrid, Ventus 8S.
PXG Gen4 0311ST, 8 to GW. Steelfiber Private Reserve 95R.
Artisan 54, 58. KBS TGI 90.

Callaway PM grind 64, KBS Hi-rev.
Odyssey 2 Balls Armlock.  Vessel Player 3 Stand Bag.

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, shaolingolfer said:

Saw your ad, not working out?  Can you share the experience and number?

Thanks.

Yeah, the experience was this - I actually picked up a few yards and it was dead straight. Great launch and a little more rollout - all good things. But I really didn't like the sound of the Ping G430 Max 10k head as compared to my Titleist. I tried to just not think about it, but It's just too tin can/metal bat for me. Precious maybe, but I knew I would not be happy with it long term. The extra few yards did intrigue me though, so I am going to experiment with a TSR3 and see if I can steal a few extra yards without losing too many fairways.

I wish I could swap the adapters by osmosis though, because the black Autoflex looks so nice! Not worth the hassle/money to actually do it though. Purchased the 2nd AF new, so already kinda taking a bath.

Not super exciting, but a recap in ho-ing!

Edited by chocolate_rehab

9 minutes ago, chocolate_rehab said:

Yeah, the experience was this - I actually picked up a few yards and it was dead straight. Great launch and a little more rollout - all good things. But I really didn't like the sound of the Ping G430 Max 10k head as compared to my Titleist. I tried to just not think about it, but It's just too tin can/metal bat for me. Precious maybe, but I knew I would not be happy with it long term. The extra few yards did intrigue me though, so I am going to experiment with a TSR3 and see if I can steal a few extra yards without losing too many fairways.

I wish I could swap the adapters by osmosis though, because the black Autoflex looks so nice! Not worth the hassle/money to actually do it though. Purchased the 2nd AF new, so already kinda taking a bath.

Not super exciting, but a recap in ho-ing!

The black Autoflex looks really cool! The Ping 10K head sounds better than the other Ping head but still sound awful to me.  I think TSR3 is the way to go, you can dial in the ball flight easier and may be a hair faster.

• Like 1

So I pulled the cord yesterday and bought a SF505. Should be in my hands tomorrow. I have tried skimming the last few pages to look for my answer but haven’t found it. I’m going to test the shaft with the AI smoke and the Aerojet. Aerojet is my current gamer. Should I be prepared to have to change weight in either of the heads?  What should I look for in numbers if it’s not performing and I need to pull the weight down or put more weight in?  Currently have a GC3 so can do all my testing myself to get a good idea on how it will perform on the course. Just not sure how to tinker if I get it and it’s just all over the place. 

TIA

9 minutes ago, Crashhays said:

So I pulled the cord yesterday and bought a SF505. Should be in my hands tomorrow. I have tried skimming the last few pages to look for my answer but haven’t found it. I’m going to test the shaft with the AI smoke and the Aerojet. Aerojet is my current gamer. Should I be prepared to have to change weight in either of the heads?  What should I look for in numbers if it’s not performing and I need to pull the weight down or put more weight in?  Currently have a GC3 so can do all my testing myself to get a good idea on how it will perform on the course. Just not sure how to tinker if I get it and it’s just all over the place. 

TIA

according tot he AF website, the desired swing weight for the 505 is D0 to D1.   

I ordered the SF405 with the Ai Smoke Triple Diamond which suggested a swing weight of C9 to D0, I put that on my order with Callaway, and if I recall it was listed on the spec sheet.  I was so happy wit the performance right out of the box, I didn't bother checking which weights were where or what they were.   The driver does feel a lot lighter to me than any of my other stock OEM drivers, including the AISMoke Max with a GD UB shaft.  

As for what to look for in numbers, longer and straighter 🙂   But your CHS should increase by anywhere from 2 to 5 mph,  have seen about a 3 mph increase consistently and a couple times 5 or 6 mph. 

• Thanks 1

Vokey

• 2 weeks later...

I have the 505x with tourlock opti vibe cb weight in tsr3 (D0 swing weight) 9* set to c1 

Been hitting it great in terms of dispersion, but there's just so much spin.... around 3300 and 17* launch.

Tried the shaft in tsr4 9* and at c1 setting also with the same results.

Not really  aure what else i can do to bring the spin down. Already did some ball testing and playing chromesoft x LS.

Any insights on this would be great.

1 minute ago, dayvei214 said:

I have the 505x with tourlock opti vibe cb weight in tsr3 (D0 swing weight) 9* set to c1 

Been hitting it great in terms of dispersion, but there's just so much spin.... around 3300 and 17* launch.

Not really  aure what else i can do to bring the spin down. Already did some ball testing and playing chromesoft x LS.

What’s your angle of attack?  That’s usually one of the biggest factors in spin that people don’t realize.  

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym Smoke AI Triple Diamond 9* Proxima 6X

PXG Black Ops Tour-1 9* Ventus Blue Plus 6X

TM Stealth2 Plus 3 wood 15*- Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Rogue “T” Triple Diamond 19* 5 wood- Ventus TR Blue 8X
4-PW PXG Gen5 Darkness 0311T MMT 105TX 2* flat
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  50* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  54* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  58* Axiom 125X
LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

1 hour ago, dayvei214 said:

I tried tourlock before, not sure it fits Autoflex.  You launching at 17, you AOA should be pretty positive and hitting it a heel and low on face is my guess?

What's your usually driver data before Autoflex?  I will suggest you to remove the tourlock, check your number.  Then get some aftermarket weight to lower your head weight, then check your number again.

15 minutes ago, shaolingolfer said:

I tried tourlock before, not sure it fits Autoflex.  You launching at 17, you AOA should be pretty positive and hitting it a heel and low on face is my guess?

What's your usually driver data before Autoflex?  I will suggest you to remove the tourlock, check your number.  Then get some aftermarket weight to lower your head weight, then check your number again.

15 minutes ago, shaolingolfer said:

Striking it pretty center, AOA average around 4*.

SS depending on day is 102-108.

BS 148-159.

I have some shoulder issues so usually swing is dependent on how loose it feels that day.

Tour lock brings swing weight down to D0. I have after market weights but per conversation with Autoflex master fitter, he had suggested for something else previously to try playing it at d3 as to the suggest D0-D1.5 for the 505x.

If you hit it 4 up and pretty center and ball goes straight, it's very hard to imagine that you can get that kind of spin.  What kind of launch monitor you are using?

On 5/10/2024 at 11:56 AM, shaolingolfer said:

If you hit it 4 up and pretty center and ball goes straight, it's very hard to imagine that you can get that kind of spin.  What kind of launch monitor you are using?

Been a mix of swing caddie/ golf zon/ pga ss fullswing. Haven't gotten a chance to get on trackman with rct balls.

Hey all, anyone have experience with the AI smoke TD and what weights you landed on that worked?

I was fit into a 505xx and the default head weight of 195g puts me at around D4 SW. 

Should I look into replacing the 14g with a 10g or an 8g? Trying to get it into the window they suggest of D1-D2. Anyone have any testing data with this combo?

Thanks! 

I'd Suggest trying it with stock SW and seeing your numbers.  if you're trying to go from d4 to d1 d2 then i would just pick up the two and seeing what gives you better numbers. i've tried your set up but it was set up closer to C9/ D0 with decent numbers.  I believe the set up in the demo i had was 10.5 turned down to 9.5/ 46.5" 505xx.

hope that helps...

10 hours ago, Dano1Z said:

Hey all, anyone have experience with the AI smoke TD and what weights you landed on that worked?

I was fit into a 505xx and the default head weight of 195g puts me at around D4 SW. 

Should I look into replacing the 14g with a 10g or an 8g? Trying to get it into the window they suggest of D1-D2. Anyone have any testing data with this combo?

Thanks! 

I have the TD with the OG Autoflex.  I have the stock weights. 2 in back 14 in front.  I havent had the SW checked.  But its the longest driver combo ive hit in 10 years.   I requested a D0 Weight oh my custom order from callaway. 

Vokey

On 5/17/2024 at 2:54 AM, dayvei214 said:

Been a mix of swing caddie/ golf zon/ pga ss fullswing. Haven't gotten a chance to get on trackman with rct balls.

Not sure your data is accurate at all.  Be honest with you.

20 hours ago, Dano1Z said:

Thanks! 

Yes, that's what I would do. Every 2 grams you lose is about 1 swing weight point, so depending on if you like D1 or D2 better I would go with 8g or 10g. That method has worked for me on a number of different experiments and has matched up to my swingweight scale as well. Weights are usually cheap on the bay or billy bob's.

Currently gaming a TSR4 and loving it. Glad I decided to try and experiment with getting a few more yards. The idea of the TSR3 or TSR4 kinda scared me because I'm not like a perfect ballstriker, but I must be good enough because most of my drives are longer and the misses aren't really any worse than with the TSR2.

On 5/19/2024 at 5:52 PM, Dano1Z said:

Thanks! 

What length are you playing that?  D4 seems very heavy at 195g.

The one for my Ai Smoke TD has a 10g front weight and 6g back weight.  9* head.  

LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

8 hours ago, My2Dogs said:

What length are you playing that?  D4 seems very heavy at 195g.

The one for my Ai Smoke TD has a 10g front weight and 6g back weight.  9* head.  

Did you special order those weights? or a result of a club fitting.  I have the stock 14 and 2 gram weights.  So far it seems to be working out well.  But haven't had the SW checked.

Vokey

8 hours ago, Carolina Golfer 2 said:

Did you special order those weights? or a result of a club fitting.  I have the stock 14 and 2 gram weights.  So far it seems to be working out well.  But haven't had the SW checked.

Yeah, I had purchased a full weight kit and played around with a bunch of weights.

• Like 1

PXG Hybrid stand bag