2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

KHT Autoflex shaft

chocolate_rehab

I am playing with the Paradym triple diamond for last few months with 3 different shafts with different setting at home with GC 3 and on course.

Hzrdus silver 5.5 50g shaft, GD HD 5S and Autoflex 505, all shaft at 45.5", all with stock weight with heavy weight at back.

Autoflex is clearly easier to swing, 2-3mph faster swing speed, approx. 10 yard further carry, launch higher without spin spiking up.  It's a great shaft!

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym TD 9, Autoflex 505.

Callaway Paradym TD 15, Autoflex 505X.

TSR2 7 wood, Ventus TR 6S.
Paradym X 5 hybrid, Ventus 7S.

Paradym X 6 hybrid, Ventus 7S.

Paradym AI Smoke HL 8 hybrid, Ventus 8S.
PXG Gen4 0311ST, 8 to GW. Steelfiber Private Reserve 95R.
Artisan 54, 58. KBS TGI 90.

Callaway PM grind 64, KBS Hi-rev.
Odyssey 2 Balls Armlock.  Vessel Player 3 Stand Bag.

9 hours ago, JungleJimbo said:

Interesting to hear Club Champion founder Nick Sherburne speaking on this podcast ... and refer to Auto Flex shafts as "Auto Scam" ? (timestamp ~9m36s) ... whilst these shafts are stocked and highly-recommended by their club fitters eg at TXG?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aOcEtlrdWc?t=571

Yep. Pretty much every test they did with the AutoFlex it won. And CC uses Trakman while TXG uses GC Quad. I wonder if TXG will switch.

1 minute ago, shaolingolfer said:

I am playing with the Paradym triple diamond for last few months with 3 different shafts with different setting at home with GC 3 and on course.

Hzrdus silver 5.5 50g shaft, GD HD 5S and Autoflex 505, all shaft at 45.5", all with stock weight with heavy weight at back.

Autoflex is clearly easier to swing, 2-3mph faster swing speed, approx. 10 yard further carry, launch higher without spin spiking up.  It's a great shaft!

What is your swing speed?

10 minutes ago, rlb4 said:

What is your swing speed?

Right around 100

• Like 1

For those playing the AF in the Stealth 2 plus - what are some setups that seem to be working?

My current playing length is 44.75”

stock weight for back and slider and added 2 - 2 gram strips of lead tape along the very back of the head to get it to D1

Driver - Test Mode
TM BRNR Mini 12.5 - Rogue Black 60X

TM Stealth 16.5 - Rogue Black 70TS

Titleist TS2 5W - Rogue Black 70TX

PXG 0211 7W - Rogue Black 70TX

PING G425 5H - Proforce V2 F5

PXG Gen4 PW-6 Steelfiber fc115cw

PXG Milled Wedges 50, 54, 58 - Recoil Wedge

Ping Tyne V2

ProV1x

1 minute ago, stealthall said:

For those playing the AF in the Stealth 2 plus - what are some setups that seem to be working?

My current playing length is 44.75”

stock weight for back and slider and added 2 - 2 gram strips of lead tape along the very back of the head to get it to D1

Oh and my AF is the 505x

Driver - Test Mode
TM BRNR Mini 12.5 - Rogue Black 60X

TM Stealth 16.5 - Rogue Black 70TS

Titleist TS2 5W - Rogue Black 70TX

PXG 0211 7W - Rogue Black 70TX

PING G425 5H - Proforce V2 F5

PXG Gen4 PW-6 Steelfiber fc115cw

PXG Milled Wedges 50, 54, 58 - Recoil Wedge

Ping Tyne V2

ProV1x

• 2 weeks later...

Need some recommendations. Have a limited edition blue and red coming next week 505X and don’t want to put too many head adapters on it because I don’t want to heat the shaft too many times to pull it. Currently playing stealth 2 HD head with a Ventus red 6S tipped 1” playing at 45.75” at D4 weight. 

Trackman driver number averages are 100 swing speed with ball speed at 149. Spin is 2300-2400. Carry is 245-250. Launch is 12-13. Peak height is 90 and landing angle is 35-36. 

Very optimized I would say. Given I have this autoflex coming, I was vacation in Korea and picked one up, what would folks recommend as the heads I should try. No more than 2 or 3 perhaps. I currently with this setup play a baby draw or straight but happy to play a straight ball or cut. I was thinking Paradym triple diamond or TSR3. 

Sorta my speeds are like Mikey from TXG so that’s why I was wondering but my body type is way different. Way more slender. Thoughts folks?  Also what length should I consider the autoflex?  Since it flexes more should I play shorter?  Thanks in advance. 

20 minutes ago, gsrjc said:

Need some recommendations. Have a limited edition blue and red coming next week 505X and don’t want to put too many head adapters on it because I don’t want to heat the shaft too many times to pull it. Currently playing stealth 2 HD head with a Ventus red 6S tipped 1” playing at 45.75” at D4 weight. 

Trackman driver number averages are 100 swing speed with ball speed at 149. Spin is 2300-2400. Carry is 245-250. Launch is 12-13. Peak height is 90 and landing angle is 35-36. 

Very optimized I would say. Given I have this autoflex coming, I was vacation in Korea and picked one up, what would folks recommend as the heads I should try. No more than 2 or 3 perhaps. I currently with this setup play a baby draw or straight but happy to play a straight ball or cut. I was thinking Paradym triple diamond or TSR3. 

Sorta my speeds are like Mikey from TXG so that’s why I was wondering but my body type is way different. Way more slender. Thoughts folks?  Also what length should I consider the autoflex?  Since it flexes more should I play shorter?  Thanks in advance. 

@gsrjc If you like the Stealth 2 HD ... why not simply buy a 2nd head for that Autoflex?  Then you are eliminating one variable w.r.t. your testing / getting to 'know' the new shaft.  

I've heard (via this thread i think) that the Autoflex really 'sings' when setup slightly longer i.e. given it is a lighter shaft, if you have a 'sweet spot' swing weight with your existing driver setup... then a shorter shaft setup with autoflex might really be too extreme of a switch?

Edited by JungleJimbo

1 minute ago, JungleJimbo said:

@gsrjc If you like the Stealth 2 HD ... why not simply buy a 2nd head for that Autoflex?  Then you are eliminating one variable.  

I've heard (via this thread i think) that the Autoflex really 'sings' when setup slightly longer i.e. given it is a lighter shaft, if you have a 'sweet spot' swing weight with your existing driver setup... then a shorter shaft setup with autoflex might really be too extreme of a switch?

I was worried that it might bring in the left side too much due to the shaft being more flexible but that’s just me thinking with zero data. 

I see. I’ve read in this thread and autoflex recommends swing weight for 505X at D1-2. 

41 minutes ago, gsrjc said:

I was worried that it might bring in the left side too much due to the shaft being more flexible but that’s just me thinking with zero data. 

I see. I’ve read in this thread and autoflex recommends swing weight for 505X at D1-2. 

The 3 I would try are the Stealth 2 Plus. You could go to the standard if you like but I like the Plus and it comes with 2 weight choices. 

Callaway Paradym TD or standard would be good.  For me, I’d go with the TD because their weights are easier to get, play around with than the sliding weight in the back.

TSR3  as again weights are easy to adjust up/down.  Callaway heads come in around 192-195 already so they are close to optimal to start.  

if you had me rank them I would go Callaway, TSR3 and then TM.  

Edited by My2Dogs
Spelling
  • Like 1

Callaway Paradym Smoke AI Triple Diamond 9* Proxima 6X

PXG Black Ops Tour-1 9* Ventus Blue Plus 6X

TM Stealth2 Plus 3 wood 15*- Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Rogue “T” Triple Diamond 19* 5 wood- Ventus TR Blue 8X
4-PW PXG Gen5 Darkness 0311T MMT 105TX 2* flat
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  50* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  54* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  58* Axiom 125X
LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

9 hours ago, My2Dogs said:

The 3 I would try are the Stealth 2 Plus. You could go to the standard if you like but I like the Plus and it comes with 2 weight choices. 

Callaway Paradym TD or standard would be good.  For me, I’d go with the TD because their weights are easier to get, play around with than the sliding weight in the back.

TSR3  as again weights are easy to adjust up/down.  Callaway heads come in around 192-195 already so they are close to optimal to start.  

if you had me rank them I would go Callaway, TSR3 and then TM.  

Thanks dude. I’ll try those when the shaft arrives next week. 

I tried the autoflex 505 regular stiffness (with a slower swing tempo I adopted recently with great results, my regular swing speed is around 95 now) playing at 45.25 in a rogue st max ls head. Usually I play a tour ad Xc-6 sr-flex, which I very much like. I put them head to head against each other on the gc3. Swing speed was up about 3 mph higher but smash factor down about 4 basis points to 1.43 and backspin up about 400 to 2500. But what really killed me was that i was hitting a lot more hooks or hard pulls far left than usual. Any suggestions? Take out the back 4g weight?

On 8/2/2023 at 2:05 AM, JungleJimbo said:

Interesting to hear Club Champion founder Nick Sherburne speaking on this podcast ... and refer to Auto Flex shafts as "Auto Scam" ? (timestamp ~9m36s) ... whilst these shafts are stocked and highly-recommended by their club fitters eg at TXG?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aOcEtlrdWc?t=571

But then he'll be quick to say that puring isn't a scam 🙄. That guy is a tool and seems a complete opposite type of human being than Ian at TXG seems to be. 

I haven't met either of them but it's just the way he comes across everytime I hear or see him. Until club champion figures out how to fit people into a swingweight other than D5 or higher and quits using tungsten epoxy slushies all the way up shafts, I can't take them seriously. 

Ian sold out his own, and his businesses' reputation when he signed the deal with CC. 

Edited by 03trdblack
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, 03trdblack said:

But then he'll be quick to say that puring isn't a scam 🙄. That guy is a tool and seems a complete opposite type of human being than Ian at TXG seems to be. 

I haven't met either of them but it's just the way he comes across everytime I hear or see him. Until club champion figures out how to fit people into a swingweight other than D5 or higher and quits using tungsten epoxy slushies all the way up shafts, I can't take them seriously. 

Ian sold out his own, and his businesses' reputation when he signed the deal with CC. 

Totally agree about club champion and Ian.  It really pissed me off when they completely erase TXG and that's the reason Matt left.  Ian is not an honest guy, in an interview with Rich Shield, he mentioned that Matt owns part of the youtube TXG channel which he completely renege on the sale of TXG.  Then Ian told us TXG still going to be TXG but in a year, the name is totally erased.  That's the reason Matt left for the second time. Not much integrity at all.

• Like 2

Well tested the 505X today. Was no faster than my gamer I wrote about above. I will say at 45.5 the speed was the same and when I choked down the speed stayed the same too.  Spin rate was about 400 more than usual.  So maybe I’ll play it at 45” and see if I get better dispersion. I needed to play it at C8 swing weight for it to feel good.  This was with my stealth 2 head. Will keep doing testing. 

Edited by gsrjc

On 8/22/2023 at 8:15 AM, shaolingolfer said:

Totally agree about club champion and Ian.  It really pissed me off when they completely erase TXG and that's the reason Matt left.  Ian is not an honest guy, in an interview with Rich Shield, he mentioned that Matt owns part of the youtube TXG channel which he completely renege on the sale of TXG.  Then Ian told us TXG still going to be TXG but in a year, the name is totally erased.  That's the reason Matt left for the second time. Not much integrity at all.

I can understand wanting to cash in on your hard work, but there's a difference between that and completely selling out. Club Champion is pretty much everything TXG was not. Once I noticed they totally erased the TXG brand by re-naming the channel Club Champion, I unsubscribed. Content had not been as good lately anyway.

Anyway, on topic - anyone have success with the fairway wood shaft? I just picked one up for my TSR2 fairway and I'm curious what kind of setup people are using. I kept it a little longer to start with, but we'll see. I don't like playing overlength clubs typically.

Edited by chocolate_rehab
  • Like 1

Titleist TSR4 // Autoflex SF505

Titleist TSR2 16.5 // Vista Pro 60s

Ping G25 20, 23 // Tour AD True Spec

Titleist T200/T150 5-GW // Steelfiber i80PR

Titleist SM9 54.10, 58.12 // Steelfiber i80r

L.A.B. Golf DF3 // L.A.B. x TPT

20 minutes ago, chocolate_rehab said:

I can understand wanting to cash in on your hard work, but there's a difference between that and completely selling out. Club Champion is pretty much everything TXG was not. Once I noticed they totally erased the TXG brand by re-naming the channel Club Champion, I unsubscribed. Content had not been as good lately anyway.

Anyway, on topic - anyone have success with the fairway wood shaft? I just picked one up for my TSR2 fairway and I'm curious what kind of setup people are using. I kept it a little longer to start with, but we'll see. I don't like playing overlength clubs typically.

I’ve got the FW in a Stealth Plus.  Really liked it.  Played it at the same length as my gamer.  Just got away from using the AF in either the driver or fw.  I was struggling with driver last year and I think that was part of my problem and why I didn’t stick with it in either club.  I’m hitting both my driver and FW so we’ll right now that I don’t want to chance anything is why I haven’t tried the AF in the driver or fw permanently.  

Callaway Paradym Smoke AI Triple Diamond 9* Proxima 6X

PXG Black Ops Tour-1 9* Ventus Blue Plus 6X

TM Stealth2 Plus 3 wood 15*- Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Rogue “T” Triple Diamond 19* 5 wood- Ventus TR Blue 8X
4-PW PXG Gen5 Darkness 0311T MMT 105TX 2* flat
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  50* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  54* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  58* Axiom 125X
LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

Been hitting the 505xx for about 2 months now and I love it.  I won't say it is always longer but when I square it up properly it really is 20yards longer.  I like the ball flight (a little higher trajectory) and the forgiveness if I miss the center.  I swing 110-116 and found the people who can hit it best are able to control their tempo. If you 'go at it' aggressively then I don't think it allows the shaft to work.  

I have it in a TM Stealth2+ 

I’ve been gaming the Autoflex 505 w a tsr2 11 degree turned down to 10.25. I also switched to a -6 gram head weight. I really love the Autoflex shaft. Just so fun to play. I like feeling at more than the stiff flex shafts I’ve always played. I recently tried the TSR2, I think this is the best driver head out right now, in 9degrees straight in to cut the spin down. Used the same - 6 gram head weight. I’m hitting lower more piercing straight long drives. The 18 I played with a lower spinning head removed the high right miss. I’m sure it will happen again but it’s all about optimizing your equipment to play your best. Still really loving this combo. 

I’m considering get an AF shaft.  I’ve read good and bad reviews when going into a ping head because of the heavier head weights ping uses.  I’ve got a G425 max standard head weight with a Mitsubishi orange in it now.   Hit it very well, just want more length off the tee.  Does anyone think the G425 with an AF would work?

11 hours ago, T.B. said:

I’m considering get an AF shaft.  I’ve read good and bad reviews when going into a ping head because of the heavier head weights ping uses.  I’ve got a G425 max standard head weight with a Mitsubishi orange in it now.   Hit it very well, just want more length off the tee.  Does anyone think the G425 with an AF would work?

I've got one in a G410 head. I did find I needed to switch out into a lighter weight to get it to work. You have to be patient with AF too as it feels very strange when you first swing it but you get used to it over time. I found it does spin a bit more than other shafts so whilst it won't be dramatic, having a slightly lighter rear weight should reduce spin a little too.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, T.B. said:

Well I don't know what the head weight of the Ping is. But what has worked best for me with the AF505 is a head weight of 206 grams. For reference I'm 66 and my SS averages about 93 - 95mph.

• Thanks 1

DRIVER -     PXG Black OPs Tour 1 - 8* | 🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥   
2 WD -         PXG Gen 6  13* |  🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥

2/3/4 Hybrids- PXG Gen 6 | Accra Tour 90i Stiff

IRONS -       PXG Gen 6 XP DOUBLE BLACK | MMT 80 Stiff                     
WEDGES -  PXG Sugar Daddy II 54*/13 and 58*/10 | MMT 80 Stiff  
PUTTERS - LAB MEZZ MAX Blue Head w/White Accra Shaft

LAB MEZZ MAX Red Head w/Black Accra Shaft
BAG -           PXG Staff Bag

4 hours ago, SEP1006 said:

Well I don't know what the head weight of the Ping is. But what has worked best for me with the AF505 is a head weight of 206 grams. For reference I'm 66 and my SS averages about 93 - 95mph.

My swing speed is about the same as yours.  I just checked the listed specs and ping list head weight as 206.  Thanks  for your help 

4 hours ago, T.B. said:

My swing speed is about the same as yours.  I just checked the listed specs and ping list head weight as 206.  Thanks  for your help 

No problem, hope it works out for you as good as it has for me. Been playing this combo now for a couple of years.

21 hours ago, SEP1006 said:

What kind of ball speed you get from that combo?  That's like 10g more heavy than a normal Paradym DDD.  May be I should give it a try

2 hours ago, shaolingolfer said:

What kind of ball speed you get from that combo?  That's like 10g more heavy than a normal Paradym DDD.  May be I should give it a try

It's been a while since I've been on a monitor but if I remember correctly it was around 138 - 140. I typically play Pro V or Bridgestone Tour BXS. I know the Tour B XS isn't rated for my swing speed on paper but it works for me. 

• Like 1