2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

KHT Autoflex shaft

chocolate_rehab

I'm still excited to dial in this shaft but need to settle on a head. At the moment it has a Callaway adaptor sporting an Epic Flash SZ head and that's got room for improvement. From the current Paradym range, TD was the standout for me, that could be a long combination and two weights gives scope to dial it in.

I was also thinking G430 had a shot this year, but it would take a fair bit of dialling back on the stock weight to get that in the D0-2 range at 45.75". TSR 2 or 3 in with a shot too, having a slightly lighter head is a good starting point, just need to keep an eye that spin would not be too high for me. First World problems..

On 1/31/2023 at 1:37 PM, My2Dogs said:

I have a 505X fairway wood shaft and when I talked directly with the OEM I was told I could tip it 1/2 inch if I had an aggressive swing.  

it’s funny as I was thinking of going back to it and testing but I don’t want to anger my current 3 wood.  Lol. 

So.... last night I tipped my 505x 1/4 inch and tossed it into a Ping 430 Max at 43 inches. It was super solid. My ball speed increased about 4 mph over my Ventus 7S and it was much more consistent. It spun a little more and the launch was higher so I actually knocked it down to a 14* and it was much better. Very happy with the experiment.

6 minutes ago, federerfan23 said:

So.... last night I tipped my 505x 1/4 inch and tossed it into a Ping 430 Max at 43 inches. It was super solid. My ball speed increased about 4 mph over my Ventus 7S and it was much more consistent. It spun a little more and the launch was higher so I actually knocked it down to a 14* and it was much better. Very happy with the experiment.

Nice!  Now you are giving me the itch to go back to my 505X.  Lol 

Callaway Paradym Smoke AI Triple Diamond 9* Proxima 6X

PXG Black Ops Tour-1 9* Ventus Blue Plus 6X

TM Stealth2 Plus 3 wood 15*- Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Rogue “T” Triple Diamond 19* 5 wood- Ventus TR Blue 8X
4-PW PXG Gen5 Darkness 0311T MMT 105TX 2* flat
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  50* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  54* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  58* Axiom 125X
LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone seen the new AF contender - FreeFlex?  

LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

25 minutes ago, My2Dogs said:

Anyone seen the new AF contender - FreeFlex?  

I've heard of it - mostly on instagram. Not too much on YouTube yet, but will keep an eye out.

Of course I hit the longest drive of my life today with my AutoFlex, so not sure it's ever going anywhere. 😄

• Like 1

Titleist TSR4 // Autoflex SF505

Titleist TSR2 16.5 // Vista Pro 60s

Ping G25 20, 23 // Tour AD True Spec

Titleist T200/T150 5-GW // Steelfiber i80PR

Titleist SM9 54.10, 58.12 // Steelfiber i80r

L.A.B. Golf DF3 // L.A.B. x TPT

43 minutes ago, chocolate_rehab said:

I've heard of it - mostly on instagram. Not too much on YouTube yet, but will keep an eye out.

Of course I hit the longest drive of my life today with my AutoFlex, so not sure it's ever going anywhere. 😄

Was hoping someone might have seen it in person or hit one.

I’ve got one coming so I will certainly give a review and comparison.  Don’t know when it will get here as it’s shipping from S. Korea. 

Edited by My2Dogs
  • Like 1

PXG Hybrid stand bag

2 hours ago, chocolate_rehab said:

That’s awesome that you are still seeing such huge benefits from the AutoFlex.  To get your longest drive ever in only Feb means you are going to be absolutely bombing it when the summer gets here. 

PXG Hybrid stand bag

4 hours ago, 03trdblack said:

I'm a part of the ambassador program and got a FF shaft in for testing. Planning on getting out this weekend. 

20230210_200529.jpg

Is that the Matte finish?  

PXG Hybrid stand bag

14 minutes ago, 03trdblack said:

Yes it's the matte blue carbon finish they offer which is about the most conservative finish they have.

Nice.  I was going to go with that but decided on the Glossy Blue.  You were on the same wavelength I was.  It was the most colorful without going overboard that they had. 

PXG Hybrid stand bag

1 hour ago, My2Dogs said:

Nice.  I was going to go with that but decided on the Glossy Blue.  You were on the same wavelength I was.  It was the most colorful without going overboard that they had. 

I actually didn't choose, they just sent me this color.  I would have probably gone with the rainbow colors so more people would ask me about the shaft.  Literally no one will even notice the matte finish.

18 minutes ago, 03trdblack said:

I actually didn't choose, they just sent me this color.  I would have probably gone with the rainbow colors so more people would ask me about the shaft.  Literally no one will even notice the matte finish.

Hopefully you get to hit it this weekend.  Please let me know how it goes.  Again, have no idea when mine will arrive.  

• Like 1

PXG Hybrid stand bag

19 hours ago, My2Dogs said:

Was hoping someone might have seen it in person or hit one.

I’ve got one coming so I will certainly give a review and comparison.  Don’t know when it will get here as it’s shipping from S. Korea. 

Which of the 2-flexes did you decide to go with?

DRIVER -     PXG Black OPs Tour 1 - 8* | 🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥   
2 WD -         PXG Gen 6  13* |  🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥

2/3/4 Hybrids- PXG Gen 6 | Accra Tour 90i Stiff

IRONS -       PXG Gen 6 XP DOUBLE BLACK | MMT 80 Stiff                     
WEDGES -  PXG Sugar Daddy II 54*/13 and 58*/10 | MMT 80 Stiff  
PUTTERS - LAB MEZZ MAX Blue Head w/White Accra Shaft

LAB MEZZ MAX Red Head w/Black Accra Shaft
BAG -           PXG Staff Bag

4 hours ago, SEP1006 said:

FF45

PXG Hybrid stand bag

On 2/15/2023 at 5:17 PM, SEP1006 said:

Was told mine is supposed to ship out tomorrow.  Hopefully I’ll get it later in the week.  Won’t be able to get it set up with an adapter and grip though but I should be able to the following weekend.  

PXG Hybrid stand bag

6 hours ago, My2Dogs said:

Was told mine is supposed to ship out tomorrow.  Hopefully I’ll get it later in the week.  Won’t be able to get it set up with an adapter and grip though but I should be able to the following weekend.  

Really curious to hear about results with this. Especially since you have so much experience with the Autoflex.

DRIVER -     PXG Black OPs Tour 1 - 8* | 🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥   
2 WD -         PXG Gen 6  13* |  🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥

2/3/4 Hybrids- PXG Gen 6 | Accra Tour 90i Stiff

IRONS -       PXG Gen 6 XP DOUBLE BLACK | MMT 80 Stiff                     
WEDGES -  PXG Sugar Daddy II 54*/13 and 58*/10 | MMT 80 Stiff  
PUTTERS - LAB MEZZ MAX Blue Head w/White Accra Shaft

LAB MEZZ MAX Red Head w/Black Accra Shaft
BAG -           PXG Staff Bag

I played the FF twice this weekend and it's every bit as long and straight as my AF. The shaft is softer and waggles more than the AF but I saw zero change in dispersion and hit it exactly where I was aiming all weekend. I'm having a hard time deciding which I like more because they are both really good and easy to hit. I think I prefer the way the AF feels a little bit more at impact (softer feeling) but they're both fantastic performers. Looking forward to getting more time with the FF. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, SEP1006 said:

Really curious to hear about results with this. Especially since you have so much experience with the Autoflex.

I’ll certainly post.  Hopefully it will get here by the end of the week.  Then I can drop it off to have the adapter and grip installed and shaft cut to length.  Once that’s done I’ll go out and play with both shafts.  Will be in different heads as I already know I want to put it into a Cally head.  The AF has the TSR3 head/adapter.  

hoping by the time the FF gets here my P TD will finally arrive. 

• Like 1

PXG Hybrid stand bag

Well a little bit of a bummer but it only is adding a week delay as I couldn’t play the shaft until the first weekend in March anyway.  So it won’t even ship out until March 4th as they are selling very quickly and the manufacturer is having a difficult time keeping up.  So I will hopefully be able to play the weekend of March 11th. 

did see one on the BST already.  Lol 

• Sad 1

PXG Hybrid stand bag

After 3 months of testing and tinkering, I've pulled the AF SF505X out of the bag and going back to my Tensei Blue AV 55.  Been playing the TSI3 and TSR3 heads.  After tinkering with swing weights and getting it down to D1 as KTN recommends, the Tensei just performed a little better.  The AF was a fun experiment.  The bombs were a few yards longer than anything I've hit before but the misses were worse and I couldn't hit a repeated shot shape consistently enough.  Ball speeds were comparable between the two, just more consistent shot shapes for me with the Blue and with minimal performance distances, I'd rather have the $600 (or whatever the resale market bears) back in my pocket for the next itch I will inevitably scratch.  

Set Up   Qty Club Speed Ball Speed Smash Fac. Carry Total Launch Ang. Spin Rate Height Land. Ang. Club Path Attack Swing Dir

TSR3 AutoFlex  C2 SW D1   26 107.3 154.6 1.44 258.7 285.7 12 2392 87 34.7 0.8 0.5 -0.4
TSR3 Ten Blue  A1 SW D1   20 108.6 156.5 1.44 261.4 287.9 11.4 2508 88 34.7 1.1 0.7 -0.6

I'm fairly new to all Trackman numbers so if someone out there see's something or has another shaft they'd recommend, please share!

4 hours ago, chaffeeba25 said:

After 3 months of testing and tinkering, I've pulled the AF SF505X out of the bag and going back to my Tensei Blue AV 55.  Been playing the TSI3 and TSR3 heads.  After tinkering with swing weights and getting it down to D1 as KTN recommends, the Tensei just performed a little better.  The AF was a fun experiment.  The bombs were a few yards longer than anything I've hit before but the misses were worse and I couldn't hit a repeated shot shape consistently enough.  Ball speeds were comparable between the two, just more consistent shot shapes for me with the Blue and with minimal performance distances, I'd rather have the $600 (or whatever the resale market bears) back in my pocket for the next itch I will inevitably scratch.  

Set Up   Qty Club Speed Ball Speed Smash Fac. Carry Total Launch Ang. Spin Rate Height Land. Ang. Club Path Attack Swing Dir

TSR3 AutoFlex  C2 SW D1   26 107.3 154.6 1.44 258.7 285.7 12 2392 87 34.7 0.8 0.5 -0.4
TSR3 Ten Blue  A1 SW D1   20 108.6 156.5 1.44 261.4 287.9 11.4 2508 88 34.7 1.1 0.7 -0.6

I'm fairly new to all Trackman numbers so if someone out there see's something or has another shaft they'd recommend, please share!

That av 55 is a fun shaft. Pretty impressive. 

• 3 weeks later...

My buddy sold me his 505xx for a couple hundred and as I’ve always wanted to try figured I’d give it a go. 

had a question on recommendations. I currently play a TSI2 driver… from what I’ve found online in stock configuration it is 196g. 

the shaft is same playing length as my current gamer at 44.5”. 

question is does this headweight seem to match what I should be playing or should I order lighter back weights to get it to the 190-192 range. 

Thanks in advance! 

5 minutes ago, Gr8_Brandino said:

My buddy sold me his 505xx for a couple hundred and as I’ve always wanted to try figured I’d give it a go. 

had a question on recommendations. I currently play a TSI2 driver… from what I’ve found online in stock configuration it is 196g. 

question is does this headweight seem to match what I should be playing or should I order lighter back weights to get it to the 190-192 range. 

Thanks in advance! 

For the SF505XX I’ve found a head weight around 200g-202g works best for me.  I would try it at the weight you have and see how it performs and then buy some lead tape and gradually increase the weight and find your sweet spot. 

PXG Hybrid stand bag

6 minutes ago, Gr8_Brandino said:

Thanks in advance! 

Also is the playing length 44.5 or is the shaft length with adapter 44.5? 

PXG Hybrid stand bag

8 hours ago, Gr8_Brandino said:

shaft length with adapter is 44.5 

That’s a good length.  

PXG Hybrid stand bag

6 hours ago, Gr8_Brandino said:

Appreciate your help. Hitting the range later today to give it a go 

Let us know how it goes.  If you run into issues DM me and I’ll try and help as much as I can. 

PXG Hybrid stand bag