2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

KHT Autoflex shaft

chocolate_rehab

7 hours ago, My2Dogs said:

So I got another itch this week (besides my arm lock I just purchased) and bought a TSR2 8* head.  So far I’m loving both the 9* TSR3 with AutoFlex and 10* TSR3 with Ventus TR Black 5X.  I should get it early next week to put into the AutoFlex.  Will also try with the Ventus but I mainly purchased for the AutoFlex. 

Those itches are always costly. I ended up putting an Autoflex in my Gen 4 2wd also.  Really easy to elevate off the fairway now and is just point and shoot !!!!!

DRIVER -     PXG Black OPs Tour 1 - 8* | 🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥   
2 WD -         PXG Gen 6  13* |  🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥

2/3/4 Hybrids- PXG Gen 6 | Accra Tour 90i Stiff

IRONS -       PXG Gen 6 XP DOUBLE BLACK | MMT 80 Stiff                     
WEDGES -  PXG Sugar Daddy II 54*/13 and 58*/10 | MMT 80 Stiff  
PUTTERS - LAB MEZZ MAX Blue Head w/White Accra Shaft

LAB MEZZ MAX Red Head w/Black Accra Shaft
BAG -           PXG Staff Bag

hi guys i got the sf505xx today and tried it out in my stealth+. the numbers i got were actually horrible. i tried a lot of weight configurations but none of them worked. my stock swingspeed with my usual gamer is around 120mph on trackman. the highest i got with the autoflex was 118, 10 miles slower than the fastest swing today, so im pretty sure im doing something wrong

any advice from guys that use a stealth+ 

• Confused 1

TM QI10 LS 9* - Hzrdus Smoke Green PVD 60 6.5 TX 

TM QI10 Tour 13* - Tour AD HD 7TX

TM P790 2 Iron - Ventus Blue Proto 9X or TM QI10 7 Wood - HZRDUS Black GEN 4 80 6.5

TM P7MB 4-PW - Project X 7.0

TM MG4 - 52* & 58*, MG High Toe 64* - Project X 6.5

Scotty Cameron Monterey / SC Phantom 5.5 / TM Spider GTX / TM Spider Armlock

• 2 weeks later...

I have the stealth plus 9 degree set to 7 and did 3 days of tinkering at the range on a trackman. I have the Autoflex xx shaft and normal swing speed is 114. I found the best results with changing the back weight to lighter got the spin down a lot. I messed with the front factory 10 gram weight with a 4,6, and 8 gram but went back to the 10 gram. Swing weight is D2 at 46” playing length. First day out on the course today and I hit places on my home course that I never have before. Not only was I not tired when I got to hole 17 I was excited to hit the driver which I’m usually dreading by that point. This shaft definitely goes further than my Ventus 7x and with less spin. My miss hits were still carrying 275yards which are usually 255yards. Had 3 drives over 300 which doesn’t happen for me. I might get one a round. I have hit 122 max swing speed and ball speed over 170 which I have never done before. On good shots carrying 285-300. It has forced me to keep my swing in good tempo. The best way to describe it is a swing tempo trainer that is a club. As far as the transition to my irons I would argue it has made my irons better because the tempo from the driver translates to the irons. Crazy fun to hit and even better to outdrive kids 15 years younger than me by 50yards. It’s effortless power that doesn’t wear me out. As far as money goes, I couldn’t be happier with the purchase. I’m a 4 handicap that will be scratch soon because of this. If your like me before and loose a ton of balls it will pay for itself in a couple years lol. It does require some time on a monitor and a little bit of weight adjustments. If your not a patient person and don’t have a driver with a adjustable weights this might not be for you. But when you figure it out it only makes the game so much more fun. I never thought I would carry a ball 300 yards. 275 carry was a absolute bomb for me before. Pure fun is all I can say. Last note is dispersion is definitely a underrated portion of this shaft. Hope this was helpful as I would not have taken the plunge without this forum. So thank you.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dlow206 said:

Im back... now on my 3rd Autoflex shaft. this time 505X but paired up with a new head. Rogue ST Max D. after figuring out this combo today on the range, i think this is going to be the best combo yet for me

Welcome back.  I’m currently on my- ehhh I’ve lost count on how many I’ve had. Currently using the TSR3 in a 9* with the SF505XX.  However I’ve got a TSR2 8* but I’m trading it with someone who has a TSR3 8* that I’m going to pair with the AF.

I’ve got a Rogue Max coming as well but don’t want to buy a 2nd AF at this moment to test in that head as I sold my AF with the Cally adapter earlier this year.  If that head works well I might get another one though.  😂

Callaway Paradym Smoke AI Triple Diamond 9* Proxima 6X

PXG Black Ops Tour-1 9* Ventus Blue Plus 6X

TM Stealth2 Plus 3 wood 15*- Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Rogue “T” Triple Diamond 19* 5 wood- Ventus TR Blue 8X
4-PW PXG Gen5 Darkness 0311T MMT 105TX 2* flat
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  50* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  54* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  58* Axiom 125X
LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

9 hours ago, My2Dogs said:

Welcome back.  I’m currently on my- ehhh I’ve lost count on how many I’ve had. Currently using the TSR3 in a 9* with the SF505XX.  However I’ve got a TSR2 8* but I’m trading it with someone who has a TSR3 8* that I’m going to pair with the AF.

I’ve got a Rogue Max coming as well but don’t want to buy a 2nd AF at this moment to test in that head as I sold my AF with the Cally adapter earlier this year.  If that head works well I might get another one though.  😂

Time for All-Fit adapters for you so you can use the same shaft in different brand heads. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dlow206 said:

Time for All-Fit adapters for you so you can use the same shaft in different brand heads. 

I had a bunch but the screws snapped off on 2 shafts and they were done for.  Stopped using them after. 

LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

On 10/31/2022 at 10:37 AM, My2Dogs said:

I had a bunch but the screws snapped off on 2 shafts and they were done for.  Stopped using them after. 

Ditto unfortunately.  I have had 2 fail in rapid succession out of the 3 I have.  So I ordered a bunch of titleist adapters.  I don't foresee using another brand head for a while.

On 10/31/2022 at 1:11 AM, My2Dogs said:

I read your post from the last page as well, you won a tourney hitting a Ventus shaft and then decide to buy another AutoFlex, I am impressed with your sickness.  

That being said, I just bought another AutoFlex, 3rd or 4th... Back on the hunt haha, I've got a Rogue ST Max LS I am going to put on it, have you played with that?  The fitter I got it from said to take the screw weight off the back, pull the weight out, then screw that thing back on and that showed the best results during his testings.

Please report back about the TSR2 on it, that head looks so nice.  Also how does the TSR2 hit apart from autoflex if you have gotten to hit it? 

Edited by jus4kiks
Once sentence, words in the wrong place, grammar all weird

3 hours ago, jus4kiks said:

I read your post from the last page as well, you won a tourney hitting a Ventus shaft and then decide to buy another AutoFlex, I am impressed with your sickness.  

That being said, I just bought another AutoFlex, 3rd or 4th... Back on the hunt haha, I've got a Rogue ST Max LS I am going to put on it, have you played with that?  The fitter I got it from said to take the screw weight off the back, pull the weight out, then screw that thing back on and that showed the best results during his testings.

Please report back about the TSR2 on it, that head looks so nice.  Also how does the TSR2 hit apart from autoflex if you have gotten to hit it? 

I only hit the TSR2 a couple of times before trading it.  Haven’t hit the new TSR3 8* yet as it hasn’t arrived.

also been down a couple days with some stones.

on the few shots I hit with the TSR2 8* it was very easy to hit (IMO) and had a really nice ball flight.  Stock 1K Black 75X shaft in it.  Never put the AutoFlex in it.  Was going to but then saw the opportunity for a trade for the TSR3 8* and put it aside.  

really like the AutoFlex in the TSR3 9* head.  Great ball flight and when my swing is on, it’s point and shoot.  Doesn’t move much at all.  With the 9* head the launch was much lower than my previous Callaway heads (except the 8* Triple Diamond).  I do have the Rogue Max coming and if I like it I might try and AutoFlex with it.  We will see. 

• Like 1

PXG Hybrid stand bag

Got back in the game and have been testing all week.  I generally have a quick transition, bought a couple autoflex shafts before and could never get it to work.

So I started with 46in 505X, midsize grip, Rogue ST Max LS 8*.  Couldn't get it working, I took out the green weight, took off the tungsten, added weight - tried all I could with that.  I play 45in on tensei 1k orange so I decided to cut the autoflex down. 

Now playing it at 45in, Took it to the range for testing.  Had a Sonar midsize, tried no weights, slowly added in weight.  Ending up with tungsten + green weight in, then added roughly 4-5 inches of lead tape on the front.  Nothing was working, I was heely, low, high couldn't get the center.  Decided to only think slow backswing and pause at the top, I am happy to say I have finally tamed the autoflex 🙂 

It is a serious swing change for me, but it is easier on the elbows which can still flare up on me so I am cool with it.  I was swinging 105-109SS, getting 158-165 ballspeed.  For me that is fairly slow, 70% effort.  This is effortless power, lol it just goes, if I think slow back and pause at the top it is so easy to hit.  I am getting the same numbers I generally get with a 113-116 swing.  But another big difference is it was straight!  lol, 30 yard spread for 50 shots.  Max LS is long and straight from my experience.  

I believe after adjusting to the swing change, I will begin to be able to swing much quicker.  But if feels good to have finally figured it out.  I've tested the 505/505x/505xx with all different heads etc.. But as soon as I had the pause the back swing at the top - it was it.  Hope this can help someone if they feel like they can't get it.  

I normally wouldn't change my swing like this, but it is a smoother more efficient swing so I am willing.  The 'pause' isn't really a pause it is just what I feel like I am doing. Which I know it is what everyone says, smooth transition etc... but it took me a while to get it, and make it work.  

On 11/8/2022 at 9:43 PM, jus4kiks said:

I believe after adjusting to the swing change, I will begin to be able to swing much quicker.  But if feels good to have finally figured it out.  I've tested the 505/505x/505xx with all different heads etc.. But as soon as I had the pause the back swing at the top - it was it.  Hope this can help someone if they feel like they can't get it.  

I normally wouldn't change my swing like this, but it is a smoother more efficient swing so I am willing.  The 'pause' isn't really a pause it is just what I feel like I am doing. Which I know it is what everyone says, smooth transition etc... but it took me a while to get it, and make it work. 

That is awesome and congratulations.  It requires a smooth transition for sure and once done nothing else matches it.  One thing that I did in mine was that I put a 30g Tour Lock weight in the handle about 5 inches deep and a 12g Tour Lock plug in the butt of the grip.  That lowered the heft of it and super smoothed it out. 

The side bonus of that is that it also smooths out iron swing in the process.  Multiple benefits. 

Current setup is TSr4 with it (one weight is a white circle and the other is a grey circle - I think those are 3g and 6g).  A great head although not a huge change from TSi4.  I am highly satisfied with both.

Side note that in windy conditions I am using it more and more.  On windy days I would use a Ping Tour65x (this is such an underrated awesome shaft) or a Ventus Black 5x Velo because of the lower flight and hence less wind action.  But I am finding myself using it more when its windy (which is most of the time) with good results.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone who played Autoflex for a while switched out or found it worked initially then lost its magic?  From everything I’ve read it’s either a shaft you love or hate. It’s 30 degrees by me and winter testing is about to kick in but wanted to see if it’s still the unicorn that many say it was initially?

20 hours ago, princelyryno said:

Has anyone who played Autoflex for a while switched out or found it worked initially then lost its magic?  From everything I’ve read it’s either a shaft you love or hate. It’s 30 degrees by me and winter testing is about to kick in but wanted to see if it’s still the unicorn that many say it was initially?

Been playing both of mine since they came out, just as good now as day 1.

• Thanks 1

On 11/11/2022 at 8:05 PM, Larry_Leroy said:

I bit on this.  Got the Motore shaft he recommended and after a few range sessions, I scrapped it and went back to my Autoflex.  It felt nothing like the Autoflex and the dispersion was not as good.  

You believed a youtuber who looks like he works out of his parent's basement? dear god... 😆

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/25/2022 at 10:35 PM, Sethplus5 said:

I have the stealth plus 9 degree set to 7 and did 3 days of tinkering at the range on a trackman. I have the Autoflex xx shaft and normal swing speed is 114. I found the best results with changing the back weight to lighter got the spin down a lot. I messed with the front factory 10 gram weight with a 4,6, and 8 gram but went back to the 10 gram. Swing weight is D2 at 46” playing length. First day out on the course today and I hit places on my home course that I never have before. Not only was I not tired when I got to hole 17 I was excited to hit the driver which I’m usually dreading by that point. This shaft definitely goes further than my Ventus 7x and with less spin. My miss hits were still carrying 275yards which are usually 255yards. Had 3 drives over 300 which doesn’t happen for me. I might get one a round. I have hit 122 max swing speed and ball speed over 170 which I have never done before. On good shots carrying 285-300. It has forced me to keep my swing in good tempo. The best way to describe it is a swing tempo trainer that is a club. As far as the transition to my irons I would argue it has made my irons better because the tempo from the driver translates to the irons. Crazy fun to hit and even better to outdrive kids 15 years younger than me by 50yards. It’s effortless power that doesn’t wear me out. As far as money goes, I couldn’t be happier with the purchase. I’m a 4 handicap that will be scratch soon because of this. If your like me before and loose a ton of balls it will pay for itself in a couple years lol. It does require some time on a monitor and a little bit of weight adjustments. If your not a patient person and don’t have a driver with a adjustable weights this might not be for you. But when you figure it out it only makes the game so much more fun. I never thought I would carry a ball 300 yards. 275 carry was a absolute bomb for me before. Pure fun is all I can say. Last note is dispersion is definitely a underrated portion of this shaft. Hope this was helpful as I would not have taken the plunge without this forum. So thank you.

You just sold me. 

Help required please. I don't live somewhere with access to try one of these ahead of taking the plunge. So I bought a 505X (my ss say 105 mph) off a reputable looking seller on a certain auction site. The first thing I noticed was that it didn't feel anything like the noodle I was expecting from other reviews. I'd say it felt like maybe a stiff flex Speeder in the mid 50g's, so certainly not stout but nothing like waggling the orange whip training aid some have talked about. It then swung pretty much like a smooth 50g shaft, perfectly pleasant but I wasn't getting anything that felt unusual, in fact the numbers and feel of the Diamana blue dialed stiff I switched in and out of were similar, I've got a smooth transition so play stiff not x-stiff in most shafts. I'm very consistent, have owned a LOT of shafts, and would like to think I have a good sense of feel for shafts.

I tried it in a Ping G410 head and it came with the adapter but not trimmed, so playing length around 46.25" and even with the lightest weight, was D6. Now I know Autoflex state to target D1, my point is that surely playing at that length and swingweight it should feel even more like the orange whip?

There was no authentication sticker under the grip, but they only started doing that quite recently. So I took no chances and used the refund policy.

I'm now thinking of taking the plunge again through a source that I know to be genuine. But no refund policy this time, so appreciate it is subjective, but looking for further feedback on how others find it when waggling for instance as if the first shaft I bought was genuine, I'm just not getting the real "difference" and would be repeating something that didn't make much difference to me in terms of feel or numbers. I weighed the original shaft and the raw weight with adapter (grip removed) came out to just over 60g, so where I'd expect the genuine article but maybe the alibaba fakes are good enough to be on the money at around 55g too.

All observations appreciated, the last seller was confident the shaft was genuine but was a trade seller who would not reveal his "sources" but I've still got doubts based on what I've read so far unless everyone trying it is used to rebar, whereas I'm more of a Diamana blue profile user tradtionally

8 hours ago, Pleasedwith3putts said:

Help required please. I don't live somewhere with access to try one of these ahead of taking the plunge. So I bought a 505X (my ss say 105 mph) off a reputable looking seller on a certain auction site. The first thing I noticed was that it didn't feel anything like the noodle I was expecting from other reviews. I'd say it felt like maybe a stiff flex Speeder in the mid 50g's, so certainly not stout but nothing like waggling the orange whip training aid some have talked about. It then swung pretty much like a smooth 50g shaft, perfectly pleasant but I wasn't getting anything that felt unusual, in fact the numbers and feel of the Diamana blue dialed stiff I switched in and out of were similar, I've got a smooth transition so play stiff not x-stiff in most shafts. I'm very consistent, have owned a LOT of shafts, and would like to think I have a good sense of feel for shafts.

I tried it in a Ping G410 head and it came with the adapter but not trimmed, so playing length around 46.25" and even with the lightest weight, was D6. Now I know Autoflex state to target D1, my point is that surely playing at that length and swingweight it should feel even more like the orange whip?

There was no authentication sticker under the grip, but they only started doing that quite recently. So I took no chances and used the refund policy.

I'm now thinking of taking the plunge again through a source that I know to be genuine. But no refund policy this time, so appreciate it is subjective, but looking for further feedback on how others find it when waggling for instance as if the first shaft I bought was genuine, I'm just not getting the real "difference" and would be repeating something that didn't make much difference to me in terms of feel or numbers. I weighed the original shaft and the raw weight with adapter (grip removed) came out to just over 60g, so where I'd expect the genuine article but maybe the alibaba fakes are good enough to be on the money at around 55g too.

All observations appreciated, the last seller was confident the shaft was genuine but was a trade seller who would not reveal his "sources" but I've still got doubts based on what I've read so far unless everyone trying it is used to rebar, whereas I'm more of a Diamana blue profile user tradtionally

Well I have the SF505 and I can say it has a lot of waggle. 

• Like 1

On 12/10/2022 at 10:10 AM, Pleasedwith3putts said:

My first try at the AutoFlex was the SF505X (straight from the OEM in S. Korea) with a Cally head and D4.  Felt like the fishing rod ugly stick with a weight at the end.  If the one you had didn’t wiggle much at a D6, it might not have been authentic. 

• Like 1

PXG Hybrid stand bag

On 12/10/2022 at 1:10 PM, Pleasedwith3putts said:

There is definitely a waggle. My wife's ladies flex M2 at 43" has less waggle than my SF505X.

• Like 1

I just got 505X delivered today, it waggle less than my 505 but still waggle quite a bit.

Callaway Paradym TD 9, Autoflex 505.

Callaway Paradym TD 15, Autoflex 505X.

TSR2 7 wood, Ventus TR 6S.
Paradym X 5 hybrid, Ventus 7S.

Paradym X 6 hybrid, Ventus 7S.

Paradym AI Smoke HL 8 hybrid, Ventus 8S.
PXG Gen4 0311ST, 8 to GW. Steelfiber Private Reserve 95R.
Artisan 54, 58. KBS TGI 90.

Callaway PM grind 64, KBS Hi-rev.
Odyssey 2 Balls Armlock.  Vessel Player 3 Stand Bag.