2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

KHT Autoflex shaft

chocolate_rehab

These have been out for quite a while now and I have loosely followed this thread and it seems some that raved have moved on, is it just the wrx syndrome or does the honeymoon end pretty quickly?

I always expected to have to try one but have just never put in any effort for some odd reason, maybe the price just seemed too out there for a shaft.

• Like 1

Callaway Smoke Max 10.5 GD AD VF 6s

Titleist TSR 2 16.5 GD AD UB 7s

Titleist TSR 2 21 GD AD DI 8x

Callaway APEX CB  5-11 Steelfiber i95 r

Callaway full toe 54* PX IO  6.5

Callaway full toe 58* PX IO 6.5

SLED # 1  35.5

4 hours ago, Jim53 said:

These have been out for quite a while now and I have loosely followed this thread and it seems some that raved have moved on, is it just the wrx syndrome or does the honeymoon end pretty quickly?

I always expected to have to try one but have just never put in any effort for some odd reason, maybe the price just seemed too out there for a shaft.

Still going with mine, been playing it in my driver / 2wd since it came out. Don't see me changing anytime soon or even in the future for that matter.

• Like 1

DRIVER -     PXG Black OPs Tour 1 - 8* | 🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥   
2 WD -         PXG Gen 6  13* |  🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥

2/3/4 Hybrids- PXG Gen 6 | Accra Tour 90i Stiff

IRONS -       PXG Gen 6 XP DOUBLE BLACK | MMT 80 Stiff                     
WEDGES -  PXG Sugar Daddy II 54*/13 and 58*/10 | MMT 80 Stiff  
PUTTERS - LAB MEZZ MAX Blue Head w/White Accra Shaft

LAB MEZZ MAX Red Head w/Black Accra Shaft
BAG -           PXG Staff Bag

Ive been back and forth about a dozen times with Autoflex, ive always tried to get away from it but after finding my way back once again, ive decided to just stay with it.  It fits my swing for the most part and is the easiest golf shaft to load. surprisingly straight with very little sidespin.  I find this shaft works best for me if I use a low loft/ low spin head and I keep the SW below D4....

• Like 1

I have been playing mine since it first came out, lately my swing change and I have a hard time try to bomb one without make the spin jump too high.  Try to open my 10.5 sim2 all the way to 8.5 and it bring the right side into play, try the 8 sim2 and it just not spinning enough.  Go to driver fitting and bought a new 9 TSR3 with Diamana ZF 60 S, have a few range sessions and couple round.  TSR 3 is OK but the distance is just alright.  Saw a 505X on ebay with extreme good price, bought it and pair with a 9 degree stealth and I am bombing the ball down the fairway and range again.

On my Sim2  with 505, playing length at 46", I reduced the head weight to 186 g, right around D1 and been pretty good for couple years.  On the Stealth, 505X, playing length 45.5", it perform better with the standard setup at 194G and measure at D4 on the scale.  Go figure.

Callaway Paradym TD 9, Autoflex 505.

Callaway Paradym TD 15, Autoflex 505X.

TSR2 7 wood, Ventus TR 6S.
Paradym X 5 hybrid, Ventus 7S.

Paradym X 6 hybrid, Ventus 7S.

Paradym AI Smoke HL 8 hybrid, Ventus 8S.
PXG Gen4 0311ST, 8 to GW. Steelfiber Private Reserve 95R.
Artisan 54, 58. KBS TGI 90.

Callaway PM grind 64, KBS Hi-rev.
Odyssey 2 Balls Armlock.  Vessel Player 3 Stand Bag.

11 hours ago, puresurfr said:

Ive been back and forth about a dozen times with Autoflex, ive always tried to get away from it but after finding my way back once again, ive decided to just stay with it.  It fits my swing for the most part and is the easiest golf shaft to load. surprisingly straight with very little sidespin.  I find this shaft works best for me if I use a low loft/ low spin head and I keep the SW below D4....

Play mine at 45" with a 207g head weight with a swing weight of E2. Also have the loft set at 8*.

I have stayed with it since I went down this rabbit hole. I have been playing it in a ltd ls turned to 7.5 and my mini driver turned to 9.5 and absolutely love it and probably shouldn't even hit driver but I'm way to much of a club ho to not try something else. I just got a ltd ls ld in the mail yesterday that im going to try at lunch and see what numbers it gives. The 505x I have plays just a little over 45 and the 505 is right under 45. I'm gonna try both to see which one will work better with that head.

I also have my loft turned down to 7, and playing at D1.5 with a Sim Max head in it. (505x). As much as I find myself tempted to try out new driver heads that release the idea of trying to get to the correct swing weight is daunting for what I imagine is mostly marketing anyways versus real gains.

On 12/10/2022 at 6:10 PM, Pleasedwith3putts said:

Help required please. I don't live somewhere with access to try one of these ahead of taking the plunge. So I bought a 505X (my ss say 105 mph) off a reputable looking seller on a certain auction site. The first thing I noticed was that it didn't feel anything like the noodle I was expecting from other reviews. I'd say it felt like maybe a stiff flex Speeder in the mid 50g's, so certainly not stout but nothing like waggling the orange whip training aid some have talked about. It then swung pretty much like a smooth 50g shaft, perfectly pleasant but I wasn't getting anything that felt unusual, in fact the numbers and feel of the Diamana blue dialed stiff I switched in and out of were similar, I've got a smooth transition so play stiff not x-stiff in most shafts. I'm very consistent, have owned a LOT of shafts, and would like to think I have a good sense of feel for shafts.

I tried it in a Ping G410 head and it came with the adapter but not trimmed, so playing length around 46.25" and even with the lightest weight, was D6. Now I know Autoflex state to target D1, my point is that surely playing at that length and swingweight it should feel even more like the orange whip?

There was no authentication sticker under the grip, but they only started doing that quite recently. So I took no chances and used the refund policy.

I'm now thinking of taking the plunge again through a source that I know to be genuine. But no refund policy this time, so appreciate it is subjective, but looking for further feedback on how others find it when waggling for instance as if the first shaft I bought was genuine, I'm just not getting the real "difference" and would be repeating something that didn't make much difference to me in terms of feel or numbers. I weighed the original shaft and the raw weight with adapter (grip removed) came out to just over 60g, so where I'd expect the genuine article but maybe the alibaba fakes are good enough to be on the money at around 55g too.

All observations appreciated, the last seller was confident the shaft was genuine but was a trade seller who would not reveal his "sources" but I've still got doubts based on what I've read so far unless everyone trying it is used to rebar, whereas I'm more of a Diamana blue profile user tradtionally

Thanks for all the replies. I picked another 505x up from a legit source with the warranty sticker and that has confirmed my thoughts that the one I sent back was a fake. The feel is so unique. Alibaba fakes may broadly match the paint job and weight but they can't capture that feel that you are using a fishing rod! It's going to take a while to get this set up right for me, it came with a Callaway adaptor and the only head I had to test was an Epic Flash SZ. At 46" playing length and D4, it was giving me consistently 3-4mph ballspeed more than "the Attas" at 45.75" which would be my go to in that head for distance, it's about 8g heavier but typical Japanese soft to flex like a watered down Autoflex. I can see me using this at no more than 45.5" playing weight, but with TSR2, g430 LST and Paradym all in the mix, that process won't start until all the demo heads are out as Ping requires a longer raw shaft than the other two and you have to hope there is no residual epoxy left under the Cally adapter if converting to Ping, as insertion depth is less and ferrule shorter. 

Justin Thomas’s dad is using AutoFlex is his 3 wood.  Didn’t look at his driver but I’ll watch today to see if he’s using it there or not. 

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym Smoke AI Triple Diamond 9* Proxima 6X

PXG Black Ops Tour-1 9* Ventus Blue Plus 6X

TM Stealth2 Plus 3 wood 15*- Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Rogue “T” Triple Diamond 19* 5 wood- Ventus TR Blue 8X
4-PW PXG Gen5 Darkness 0311T MMT 105TX 2* flat
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  50* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  54* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  58* Axiom 125X
LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

9 hours ago, My2Dogs said:

Justin Thomas’s dad is using AutoFlex is his 3 wood.  Didn’t look at his driver but I’ll watch today to see if he’s using it there or not. 

Trevino used it pretty much all last year. Not playing it this year that I have seen.

• Like 1

On 12/17/2022 at 4:24 PM, Peterman6068 said:

I just ordered a 505xx set to play in a callaway at 45.5”. I have the rogue Ls, rogue Ls triple Diamond, and epic flash sz. The grip is an Arccos mcc+4. 

Where do you think these drivers would come in on swing weight with their stock weights in?

I'm guessing around D1. Most of those are around D4 if stock, so knock 1.5sw off for 0.25" shorter and then another 2sw (might be more) for Af shaft vs whatever you are using at the moment.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So I was looking for another AutoFlex SF505XX for my Cally head (yes I have one for my TSR head. Lol) and started seeing pricing come down on the bay as well as some sellers here.  Got me to start reaching out to folks. 

long story short but I just heard that there will be a version 2 coming out.  No other info yet but just sometime in 2023.  When I hear more info I’ll post and let everyone know.   That got me excited to see what changes and benefits could be made with the AutoFlex.  The original is still great and I’ll still be looking for one for my Cally but wanted to share as I thought that was some exciting news. 

• Like 3

LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

11 hours ago, My2Dogs said:

So I was looking for another AutoFlex SF505XX for my Cally head (yes I have one for my TSR head. Lol) and started seeing pricing come down on the bay as well as some sellers here.  Got me to start reaching out to folks. 

long story short but I just heard that there will be a version 2 coming out.  No other info yet but just sometime in 2023.  When I hear more info I’ll post and let everyone know.   That got me excited to see what changes and benefits could be made with the AutoFlex.  The original is still great and I’ll still be looking for one for my Cally but wanted to share as I thought that was some exciting news. 

There is a guy at my club who is a rep for them and he stated the same thing. Right now they have a "collectors edition" out, supposedly only 500 being made. Funny thing though, it is the exact same shaft just painted red / blue. Selling for the same price as the original.

28 minutes ago, SEP1006 said:

There is a guy at my club who is a rep for them and he stated the same thing. Right now they have a "collectors edition" out, supposedly only 500 being made. Funny thing though, it is the exact same shaft just painted red / blue. Selling for the same price as the original.

Yeah I saw that one and I actually like the paint scheme on it.  

I’m starting to see some of the AutoFlex shafts go for $400 on the bay (a few SF505XX’s) I was looking at.  I didn’t bid because they were either an inch short (playing 45) or had the wrong adapter.  I saw 3 that only had 1 bidder when it ended and why they went for $400.  Lots at $500 and $600 with no bidders at all.  Recession is real.  Other flexes could be more/less as I haven’t followed those. 

• Like 1

PXG Hybrid stand bag

Think I finally figured this shaft out. After getting comfortable at the PGA sims, I hit my PB.

SF505X, Ltdx LS 9.0

157 ball speeds, 1980 spin, 17.5 launch angle, 294 carry.

Play a round last week and was bombing it everywhere. Friend then lent me his PRGR, measured 117 club head speed against my other shaft, tensei 1k 113mph.

• 2 weeks later...

Got some new news.  Hearing that they are trying to have the Version 2 released in the 1st quarter.  No exact date yet but they are trying to work on releasing it as quickly as possible.  

• Like 1

PXG Hybrid stand bag

Still loving mine - currently playing a TSR2 with it. But will be curious to see what v2 brings to the table.

Titleist TSR2 // Autoflex SF505

Titleist TSR2 16.5 // Vista Pro 60s

Ping G25 20, 23 // Tour AD True Spec

Titleist T200/T150 5-GW // Steelfiber i80PR

Titleist SM9 54.10, 58.12 // Steelfiber i80r

L.A.B. Golf DF3 // L.A.B. x TPT

2 hours ago, chocolate_rehab said:

Still loving mine - currently playing a TSR2 with it. But will be curious to see what v2 brings to the table.

I’m very interested as well.  If it does come out early I might have to get the group together again so we all can be the first to get one.  

• Like 1

PXG Hybrid stand bag

13 hours ago, chocolate_rehab said:

Same here, can't imagine how they could change it to make it better. But then again I never imagined I would be swinging a driver shaft with the flexibility of a FISHING POLE either.

So I finally got my AutoFlex with TSR3 out today.  Added 2 strips of lead tape as well as a heavier back weight to get to a total of 202g.  Unfortunately 1 of the strips flew off on the 2nd tee shot.  Playing the SF505XX at 45.5.  Man I hit some really nice bombs today.  So wet and muddy that everything was plugging.  Had a hard time even finding my ball in the middle of the fairway as they just plugged (cart path only today due to how wet and muddy it is).  Did have one carry 280 and then plug.  Not bad for 41-45* temps but we did have sunshine for the first time in almost a month.  Not much wind at all.  Really like the TRS3 AutoFlex combo.

also did hit the new Aerojet LS but that was with a Ventus TR black so I won’t go into that here. 

PXG Hybrid stand bag

I may go ahead and try one when the new Paradym gets in. Now the confusion of which shaft would be best. From reading the thread the XX seems to fit my thinking. I played X in GD shafts up until the latest experiment with S flex. The S is working but still would like more pop from what I have to put in SS wise.

Callaway Smoke Max 10.5 GD AD VF 6s

Titleist TSR 2 16.5 GD AD UB 7s

Titleist TSR 2 21 GD AD DI 8x

Callaway APEX CB  5-11 Steelfiber i95 r

Callaway full toe 54* PX IO  6.5

Callaway full toe 58* PX IO 6.5

SLED # 1  35.5

I am more impressed by how accurate it is. 

• Like 2

Callaway Paradym TD 9, Autoflex 505.

Callaway Paradym TD 15, Autoflex 505X.

TSR2 7 wood, Ventus TR 6S.
Paradym X 5 hybrid, Ventus 7S.

Paradym X 6 hybrid, Ventus 7S.

Paradym AI Smoke HL 8 hybrid, Ventus 8S.
PXG Gen4 0311ST, 8 to GW. Steelfiber Private Reserve 95R.
Artisan 54, 58. KBS TGI 90.

Callaway PM grind 64, KBS Hi-rev.
Odyssey 2 Balls Armlock.  Vessel Player 3 Stand Bag.

I have been playing this since it came out and love it. Quick question... I have an extra 505X driver shaft that I want to try and toss in my 3 wood. Is this a bad idea? Other than cutting the handle, would anyone suggest tipping it as well? Not sure how, beside length, the shafts made for fairway woods differ from the shafts made for drivers. 

1 hour ago, federerfan23 said:

I have been playing this since it came out and love it. Quick question... I have an extra 505X driver shaft that I want to try and toss in my 3 wood. Is this a bad idea? Other than cutting the handle, would anyone suggest tipping it as well? Not sure how, beside length, the shafts made for fairway woods differ from the shafts made for drivers. 

Well not exactly apples to apples but as close as you can get. I had the 505 in my driver since it came out and it's by far the best shaft I have ever played. Had a chance to buy another one at a really good price so I did. Cut it down ( no tipping ) to play at 43" in my 2wd and it's plays as good as the driver shaft, no issues.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, federerfan23 said:

I have a 505X fairway wood shaft and when I talked directly with the OEM I was told I could tip it 1/2 inch if I had an aggressive swing.  

it’s funny as I was thinking of going back to it and testing but I don’t want to anger my current 3 wood.  Lol. 

• Like 1

PXG Hybrid stand bag

Played yesterday for the for only the 2nd in the past 3 weeks. Haven’t really had any chances to swing or anything with the weather but then another issue that happened right after the new year.  So not even practice swings but I went out late yesterday afternoon.  Around 40-43* with 5-10mph wind.  Felt really cold but I was testing my new Aerojet LS driver and the TSR3 with AutoFlex.  I got some new weights and I have the head right at 202g which is perfect for the 505XX.  Man having the new weight in has made a huge difference.  I was at 200g with the 12g weight but just those 2 extra grams really helped me with the flight.  Hit a couple into the wind that were 270 carry.  Absolutely no roll and plugging.  Hit one down wind that went a mile.  Had a cut to it but still went 290.   Also my back didn’t hurt nearly as much today as usual as I wasn’t trying to kill anything (except that last swing that went 290).  

im going to try the TSR3 8* as I have another 14g weight coming and should be here by the weekend.  Hoping the weather holds out so I can play.  

Edited by My2Dogs

PXG Hybrid stand bag