2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

KHT Autoflex shaft

chocolate_rehab

Ok - another question…I am moving adapters back and forth which can and will degrade a shaft…

I just bought some Allfit gear….here comes the dumb question, you can play with these on shafts and in heads no problem? Do they add a little length of the average OEM adapter?

There has to be a downside….

Driver - Test Mode
TM BRNR Mini 12.5 - Rogue Black 60X

TM Stealth 16.5 - Rogue Black 70TS

Titleist TS2 5W - Rogue Black 70TX

PXG 0211 7W - Rogue Black 70TX

PING G425 5H - Proforce V2 F5

PXG Gen4 PW-6 Steelfiber fc115cw

PXG Milled Wedges 50, 54, 58 - Recoil Wedge

Ping Tyne V2

ProV1x

2 hours ago, stealthall said:

Anyone out there tinkering/playing PXG 0311 Gen6 driver in the AF?

Currently messing around with the older Proto X - not there yet. 

Word is the new PXG driver is a nice improvement over Gen5 so it must be leaps over the Proto X. 

I got away from the AF for a year or so and now getting back in….if the PXG doesn’t work will got with TSR2 (I used the TSi3 previously in the AF. 

I just got a G6 9* Head last week and am testing it with the AF. Not to see if the AF works with PXG because I know it does. Been playing the AF in my G4 Driver for a couple of years now and I definitely have it dialed in. So much so that I think I'm going to keep playing the G4 Head over the G6. Going to give the G6 a couple of more rounds before making a final decision.

DRIVER -     PXG Black OPs Tour 1 - 8* | 🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥   
2 WD -         PXG Gen 6  13* |  🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥

2/3/4 Hybrids- PXG Gen 6 | Accra Tour 90i Stiff

IRONS -       PXG Gen 6 XP DOUBLE BLACK | MMT 80 Stiff                     
WEDGES -  PXG Sugar Daddy II 54*/13 and 58*/10 | MMT 80 Stiff  
PUTTERS - LAB MEZZ MAX Blue Head w/White Accra Shaft

LAB MEZZ MAX Red Head w/Black Accra Shaft
BAG -           PXG Staff Bag

What length overall are you playing at? In the G6, what is your weight port setup?

Driver - Test Mode

Ping Tyne V2

ProV1x

10 hours ago, stealthall said:

What length overall are you playing at? In the G6, what is your weight port setup?

Playing at 45" and after much experimentation the best head weight for me is 206 grams. Been playing that in my G4 so that's where I started with the G6. 

The weight configurations are different in the G4 and G6.

My G4 is:

Front - 15g

Back - 2g

Heel - 10g

My G6 is:

Toe - 7.5g

Back - 12.5g

Heel - 7.5 g

Tried several weight configurations with the G6 but the above is what felt the best and so far has given me the best results. Doesn't make sense to me that there is a 10g difference in the back weight between the two. The only thing I can think of is with the G4 having front and back weights that's why it works.

10 minutes ago, SEP1006 said:

Playing at 45" and after much experimentation the best head weight for me is 206 grams. Been playing that in my G4 so that's where I started with the G6. 

The weight configurations are different in the G4 and G6.

My G4 is:

Front - 15g

Back - 2g

Heel - 10g

My G6 is:

Toe - 7.5g

Back - 12.5g

Heel - 7.5 g

Tried several weight configurations with the G6 but the above is what felt the best and so far has given me the best results. Doesn't make sense to me that there is a 10g difference in the back weight between the two. The only thing I can think of is with the G4 having front and back weights that's why it works.

Man this is great info, thanks!

Well keep in mind that PXG did away with some internal tech stuff and more and more focus on the face (like everyone else). So perhaps that’s why the weight config is different between 2 generations. 

• Like 1

Driver - Test Mode

Ping Tyne V2

ProV1x

4 hours ago, stealthall said:

Man this is great info, thanks!

Well keep in mind that PXG did away with some internal tech stuff and more and more focus on the face (like everyone else). So perhaps that’s why the weight config is different between 2 generations. 

Are you seeing/feeling a big difference between the Gen4 and Gen6?

Have you tried the Gen5 at all?

Driver - Test Mode

Ping Tyne V2

ProV1x

6 hours ago, stealthall said:

Are you seeing/feeling a big difference between the Gen4 and Gen6?

Have you tried the Gen5 at all?

There is a definite feel/sound difference between the G4 / G6. G6 has more of a Ping sound and feel but not nearly as loud or "tinny". If thats a word.

As far as distance, it's about the same with maybe the G4 being slightly longer on average for me. But I think that's due to the fact that I have my G4 just dialed in perfectly to pair with the Autoflex.

I did try the G5 as well. But it too has a different weight configuration, only 2 adjustable weights. So again, different from the G4 configuration.

2 minutes ago, SEP1006 said:

There is a definite feel/sound difference between the G4 / G6. G6 has more of a Ping sound and feel but not nearly as loud or "tinny". If thats a word.

As far as distance, it's about the same with maybe the G4 being slightly longer on average for me. But I think that's due to the fact that I have my G4 just dialed in perfectly to pair with the Autoflex.

I did try the G5 as well. But it too has a different weight configuration, only 2 adjustable weights. So again, different from the G4 configuration.

Makes sense. I really would have thought the G6 would be a big positive difference for you. As you said earlier sometimes when you have it made, you should leave it alone. I am very guilty of changing after getting in the groove. 

I just got back from a range session using the Proto X. 

Adjustments going in:

- Playing length now 44.75” (was 45.5”)

- 2.5 g in the three perimeter ports and 10g in the back. 
- Set to Standard

- Re-set adapter so KHT is facing up

Probably hit 20 balls - 2 were hard left pulls, 3 slight over fade to right but not too bad, 1 just a weak hit, and rest were money/crushed.

Money crushed in my world is 245/250 carry and 265/275 total.

Pretty happy, very happy actually. I am still very tempted to try the G6 as the Proto X is really a step back from G4/5/6. 

Driver - Test Mode

Ping Tyne V2

ProV1x

11 minutes ago, stealthall said:

Money crushed in my world is 245/250 carry and 265/275 total.

Funny, exactly the same for me.

11 minutes ago, stealthall said:

Proto X is really a step back from G4/5/6. 

Yeh it was for me as well, but I had to try it of course.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, SEP1006 said:

Funny, exactly the same for me.

Yeh it was for me as well, but I had to try it of course.

Well if you decide to part with the G6 let me know - I am in search mode now. 

Driver - Test Mode

Ping Tyne V2

ProV1x

On 6/5/2023 at 5:11 PM, stealthall said:

Ok - another question…I am moving adapters back and forth which can and will degrade a shaft…

I just bought some Allfit gear….here comes the dumb question, you can play with these on shafts and in heads no problem? Do they add a little length of the average OEM adapter?

There has to be a downside….

I had a bunch of shafts and even one of my AF shafts with the Allfit adapter.  It’s great but there is a downside.  I had 2 screws snap and so the adapter was ruined as it was almost flush, so no way to remove it.  You have to change out all the screws in each head as each has its own length and diameter.  Some are the same but TM, Callaway, Ping, Cobra  are different.  Can’t remember on Mizuno or PXG.  You have to buy the cog for each as well.  Not that big a deal but those can be easily lost if you swap them out.  I lost one at the range one time.  

I’ve stopped using the Allfit and now use the OEM adapters.  I’ve heard that they have gotten better but I just haven’t switched out again.  

• Thanks 1

Callaway Paradym Smoke AI Triple Diamond 9* Proxima 6X

PXG Black Ops Tour-1 9* Ventus Blue Plus 6X

TM Stealth2 Plus 3 wood 15*- Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Rogue “T” Triple Diamond 19* 5 wood- Ventus TR Blue 8X
4-PW PXG Gen5 Darkness 0311T MMT 105TX 2* flat
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  50* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  54* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  58* Axiom 125X
LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

Started my Autoflex experiment…sf505 w TSR2 11. Degree turned all the way down to 10.25..standard weight.  Loved the feel and started hitting it 20 yards further. Felt like I was catching good swings on the center/heel area. Switched into a -6g head weight and am making more consistent center contact. Hitting it far and dispersion is really good. Really enjoying the feeling of letting the shaft load at the top. I think it’s helping me make a fuller turn and transition to the downswing is better. Might try the -3 weight but feeling pretty good about my current results, not sure how they could get better. Overall impressions after having this shaft combo for a couple weeks is great.   Don’t think I could go back to a traditional stiff shaft.  I’m in the 148-153 ball speed area and the sf505 fit me great. Now I’m thinking 3 wood?!  Wondering if the Autoflex performs as well off the turf. I find I’m teeing the ball slightly higher. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SofaKingPure said:

Wondering if the Autoflex performs as well off the turf.

It does indeed, I play it in my 2wd and it's very easy to elevate.

I just picked up a 505X as it was a good deal. I have been curious on these for some time. I’m not sure the X is the 1 for me as I’m at the top end of SS range at easy cruise speed. May need the XX. Hoping I can swing nice and easy and keep performance at faster speeds without the effort. Going to put this in a Stealth2+. I also usually like D5-D7 swingweight.  But at 45.75” I think D1 - D2 as they suggest is fine.  Currently it’s at D5 and swings light. Haven’t hit a ball yet, only dry swings. It’s done nothing but rain here. 

Edited by juggernaut0629
  • Like 1

Ping G LST 9*
Callaway Epic 3w & 5w Diamana Thump
X2 Hot #4 Hybrid Matrix White Tie
Ping ie1 5 - GW Nippon SPO
Cleveland RTX-3 54* 58*

Finally hit the 505X in my stealth2+ today. D5 swing weight at 45.75” playing length.  1st swing was a string straight drive @ cold swing 60% effort. Nice 260 yard drive. 2nd tee was a mirror image of the 1st hole. Wow, I cannot believe how straight this setup is. 250 - 260 yards with so little physical effort. To me that says something.  As the round went on it was more of the same.  Once I started swinging with more effort, it did get a little whacky. 1 went right most went left. High fade , low draw that fell out of the air. None of them were so crooked that I got in much trouble. So a few adjustments later I found the exact setup. 1 click lower in loft, move the slider more towards toe. ( was dead center & standard loft)  Ball speed made a serious jump. Soft 5-6yrd draws on a consistent and perfect trajectory.  At 70-80 % effort this setup is 15yrds longer than with the diamana I was playing. I have a ventus TR red that 5 - 7  yards shorter than the AF , but my nephew is pounding it in his stealth and won’t give it back!  Is 5-7 yards in distance worth the cost difference between a ventus & AF? Most would say no. I can live with a cheaper setup and still play good golf. If you can afford the coin to pick up the AF…. You won’t be disappointed. I don’t know why I waited so long

Edited by juggernaut0629
  • Like 2

Ping G LST 9*
Cleveland RTX-3 54* 58*

On 6/12/2023 at 1:48 PM, juggernaut0629 said:

Finally hit the 505X in my stealth2+ today. D5 swing weight at 45.75” playing length.  1st swing was a string straight drive @ cold swing 60% effort. Nice 260 yard drive. 2nd tee was a mirror image of the 1st hole. Wow, I cannot believe how straight this setup is. 250 - 260 yards with so little physical effort. To me that says something.  As the round went on it was more of the same.  Once I started swinging with more effort, it did get a little whacky. 1 went right most went left. High fade , low draw that fell out of the air. None of them were so crooked that I got in much trouble. So a few adjustments later I found the exact setup. 1 click lower in loft, move the slider more towards toe. ( was dead center & standard loft)  Ball speed made a serious jump. Soft 5-6yrd draws on a consistent and perfect trajectory.  At 70-80 % effort this setup is 15yrds longer than with the diamana I was playing. I have a ventus TR red that 5 - 7  yards shorter than the AF , but my nephew is pounding it in his stealth and won’t give it back!  Is 5-7 yards in distance worth the cost difference between a ventus & AF? Most would say no. I can live with a cheaper setup and still play good golf. If you can afford the coin to pick up the AF…. You won’t be disappointed. I don’t know why I waited so long

It may be a weight thing and how your body responds.  Have you tried swinging the Diamana at “70-80%”?  Extra effort rarely yields faster swings.

Titleist TSR3 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TS3 3w 13.5° HZRDUS Black 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

28 minutes ago, Shilgy said:

It may be a weight thing and how your body responds.  Have you tried swinging the Diamana at “70-80%”?  Extra effort rarely yields faster swings.

Yessir. I haven’t tinkered with weights yet. I played Friday with it at same settings and was inconsistent. But I know it mostly me that day.  It was either a straight push slightly right or it was a smothered hook.  I bought new weights to try different swing weights.  I will get out tomorrow to try it out. Currently down to D0 . I found stable plane of the shaft 2 clicks lower than Stated loft. Which may work perfectly with the lighter head weight. I will try it all out tomorrow. 

Ping G LST 9*
Cleveland RTX-3 54* 58*

Not a good day with driver today either. Brought the swing weight down to D0. I was all over the place. Fade , draw, left , right. I think I only found the center if face once all day. I played it 2 clicks low for the 1st 13 holes. Then I played it 1 click lower. Stable plane of the shaft is 2 clicks lower. But I prefer it at 1 lower definitely. I didn’t hit any crazy curves. But I had no idea where the face was pointing sometimes. Too light at D0. I’m going to try D2 next

Ping G LST 9*
Cleveland RTX-3 54* 58*

Spent the last week with a 505x in a Paradym head. 

Me: Golfer who touches 110 swing speed and almost 160 ball speed. Turned 40 last year and had a rough off-season health wise (cracked rib, discovered a pars defect). Either way...

Everyone keeps saying tempo and keep it smooth. On the back 9 of my first round I decided to let it rip and this thing responds. Definitely launches high. I normally play a Stealth @ 8 degrees and open. Had the Paradym at -1 and D. Even when I whipped the shoulder open the fades stayed playable. No draws to speak of. Some lasers.

Played 9 with co-workers and put on a show! Definitely made me look like a superhero and someone who plays too much golf. I'm in trouble.

Next 18 with my regular group. Wasn't outdriving anyone and really was at my normal yardages. My buddies who I sometimes can pass on a hole once in awhile were still getting past my old keister. Debating going 505xx? Or that new Kinetix Hypersonic. Still a really fun shaft. 

As everyone says... the downswing never is in doubt.

14 minutes ago, wldchld22 said:

Spent the last week with a 505x in a Paradym head. 

Me: Golfer who touches 110 swing speed and almost 160 ball speed. Turned 40 last year and had a rough off-season health wise (cracked rib, discovered a pars defect). Either way...

Everyone keeps saying tempo and keep it smooth. On the back 9 of my first round I decided to let it rip and this thing responds. Definitely launches high. I normally play a Stealth @ 8 degrees and open. Had the Paradym at -1 and D. Even when I whipped the shoulder open the fades stayed playable. No draws to speak of. Some lasers.

Played 9 with co-workers and put on a show! Definitely made me look like a superhero and someone who plays too much golf. I'm in trouble.

Next 18 with my regular group. Wasn't outdriving anyone and really was at my normal yardages. My buddies who I sometimes can pass on a hole once in awhile were still getting past my old keister. Debating going 505xx? Or that new Kinetix Hypersonic. Still a really fun shaft. 

As everyone says... the downswing never is in doubt.

Nice.  I’ve always said on the backswing to be smooth/tempo.  However once you get to the top and let it set, you can go after it on the downswing and it responds.

when I was playing with the shaft a lot in 2021, I was around a 112-114mph with the Ventus Black 6X but the AutoFlex would get me to 115-117mph.  I did hit 120 one time (using a Mevo) and then I was always trying to get there but I started to lose the tempo (especially on the takeaway) and I ruined my feel for it.  It wasn’t until I went back to a smooth backswing, did I find it again.  Do love the shaft and even today when I’m playing my Ventus TR Black 6X, I make a very smooth takeaway.  Helped me through my entire bag with that type of tempo for all clubs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

58 minutes ago, My2Dogs said:

Nice.  I’ve always said on the backswing to be smooth/tempo.  However once you get to the top and let it set, you can go after it on the downswing and it responds.

when I was playing with the shaft a lot in 2021, I was around a 112-114mph with the Ventus Black 6X but the AutoFlex would get me to 115-117mph.  I did hit 120 one time (using a Mevo) and then I was always trying to get there but I started to lose the tempo (especially on the takeaway) and I ruined my feel for it.  It wasn’t until I went back to a smooth backswing, did I find it again.  Do love the shaft and even today when I’m playing my Ventus TR Black 6X, I make a very smooth takeaway.  Helped me through my entire bag with that type of tempo for all clubs.

I've noticed alot of folks have moved on and it seems like something that is cool for a season or two. My issue is that is launches so high that anything into the wind is gobbled up. I want to take advantage of the extra trade deal Callaway has going so it seemed like a good time to take a chance. It is easy to hit for sure and my misses aren't awful... do I just go to a ventus blue or rock this experiment? It's an expensive one tho.

3 hours ago, wldchld22 said:

I've noticed alot of folks have moved on and it seems like something that is cool for a season or two. My issue is that is launches so high that anything into the wind is gobbled up. I want to take advantage of the extra trade deal Callaway has going so it seemed like a good time to take a chance. It is easy to hit for sure and my misses aren't awful... do I just go to a ventus blue or rock this experiment? It's an expensive one tho.

I can hit this lower by adjusting my shoulders so I’m more level and it lowers the ball flight.  Also when I hit the AutoFlex (I still have a SF505XX) it doesn’t get goggled up in the wind as the spin is pretty low.  It’s usually around the same or lower spin than my Ventus.  

PXG Hybrid stand bag

Have had my for 2-3 months now and I am incredibly impressed by it. Here's my set-up:

2016 M2 10.5° set to 8.5° w/ 505X at 45.75"

Honestly just as straight as the Ping I've had before and on average probably 8ish yards longer with the odd knuckle ball that goes a good 15 yards further. Also, I think it just looks really cool (i've got the rainbow one). Makes me chuckle every now and again which is a nice bonus if you ask me.

Has anyone tipped these at all? .5” or 1”? I see on the site it says no need to tip for driver or 3wood. 

For me I’ve noticed that if I grip down to normal playing length it’s so very consistent and straight. Nothing crazy curvy. When I grip at full length 46” it can get loose. Definitely tempo touchy.

Ping G LST 9*
Cleveland RTX-3 54* 58*

Finally pulled the trigger on one and was really in between flexes. I swing driver probably 100-103 average.  I did go with the SF505X.  Going to put it in a TSR2 with the standard weight.  Going to see what the SW is when it comes in but I do want to follow their exact recommendation and get it to D1 so time will tell.  Cant wait to try it though

• Like 2

On 6/30/2023 at 9:31 AM, Reggolf said:

My2Dogs or anyone else who has tried Autoflex but now plays a different driver shaft, why did you not stay with Autoflex?  I am looking for feedback to help me decide if I should try Autoflex.  Thank you everyone.

Sorry haven’t followed the thread in a while.  I still have my AF in a driver shaft and 3 wood shaft.  I’ve moved on from it for everyday purposes.  Reason is, I was struggling with my swing for a few months.  Some know I’ve had some health issues and every time I get my swing right, something else happens and I’ve had to either readjust my swing or work it’s way back. With that, my swing and tempo were terrible for a while and I needed a smoother tempo for the AF to work for me.  The Ventus just gave me more room to be off when my tempo (especially the takeaway) was off.  

I’ve since fixed my swing (again) and might go back to the AF but I don’t want to tempt fate as I’m swinging the TR Black and TR Blue so well in the Stealth 2 Plus and Paradym TD.  In fact, the Paradym TD might be the longest club I’ve ever hit and I think paired with the AF could be a unicorn but I’ve got a Titleist adapter on the AF currently and haven’t swapped it out.  Was playing the AF in a TSR3 head. 

PXG Hybrid stand bag

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting to hear Club Champion founder Nick Sherburne speaking on this podcast ... and refer to Auto Flex shafts as "Auto Scam" ? (timestamp ~9m36s) ... whilst these shafts are stocked and highly-recommended by their club fitters eg at TXG?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aOcEtlrdWc?t=571

• Like 1