PXL_20201213_225603710.jpg

Edited by phizzy30
  • Like 3

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

15 hours ago, mws82 said:

How did you decide on 125 vs the 105 offering? What did these clubs swing weight at?

I had Eric cut them 1/4 short of standard which brought them down to D3.  I went with the MMT 125 TX because I like heavier shafts.  My previous iron set had the recoil proto 125 so it was only natural to go with the same weight.  I grew up playing heavy clubs as a kid.  Steel shafts for all my clubs. 

• Like 1

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Emailed with Eric and he said the 1126 is indeed discontinued. It will be replaced by the upcoming PF3, he said, as the similar profile iron in the New Level lineup. I really like the 1126 long irons I grabbed. Easy to hit long irons that are forged and not hollow  heads or foam filled — all positives to me. 

I’m expecting the PF3 to have less offset than the 1126 and be slightly longer heel to toe than the PF2. 

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

6 hours ago, dmeeksDC said:

Emailed with Eric and he said the 1126 is indeed discontinued. It will be replaced by the upcoming PF3, he said, as the similar profile iron in the New Level lineup. I really like the 1126 long irons I grabbed. Easy to hit long irons that are forged and not hollow  heads or foam filled — all positives to me. 

I’m expecting the PF3 to have less offset than the 1126 and be slightly longer heel to toe than the PF2. 

I would agree with your assumption. I can tell you I have stepped out on my new levels for a go at miura tc201. I can say as of right now my 902 are still in my house and pf2 may end up being ordered.

1 hour ago, mws82 said:

I would agree with your assumption. I can tell you I have stepped out on my new levels for a go at miura tc201. I can say as of right now my 902 are still in my house and pf2 may end up being ordered.

You know, I feel ya. I bet you will find it interesting. I always have enjoyed hitting different irons. And while a lot of people will say only performance matters, how the clubs feel at impact is one of the most fun aspects of the game. I want performance and feel. So yeah, Miura. They’re unreal. I played the CB57s and thoroughly enjoyed them. And I’ve played other irons since getting the New Levels and liked them. Mizuno, Callaway, Titleist.

But the 902 always compares favorably — they are so accurate and the feel makes them a joy to smash. The distance retention on a low-face hit is impressive. Excellent carry. I’ve been up and down with the driver this season before finally making a swing correction that has yielded nice results, but my irons have carried me all year. I got to feeling very comfortable with the 902s because I was hitting a lot of solid shots.

I do like the design differences in the NL releases. The PF2 looks like an old school, higher COG and lower trajectory dart thrower. I’m eager to see what players say about it. It’s pretty amazing that here we are discussing Miura and New Level irons and talking about the great feel of both, given the direct to consumer price on the New Levels. The quality of the clubs is eye-opening. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dmeeksDC said:

You know, I feel ya. I bet you will find it interesting. I always have enjoyed hitting different irons. And while a lot of people will say only performance matters, how the clubs feel at impact is one of the most fun aspects of the game. I want performance and feel. So yeah, Miura. They’re unreal. I played the CB57s and thoroughly enjoyed them. And I’ve played other irons since getting the New Levels and liked them. Mizuno, Callaway, Titleist.

But the 902 always compares favorably — they are so accurate and the feel makes them a joy to smash. The distance retention on a low-face hit is impressive. Excellent carry. I’ve been up and down with the driver this season before finally making a swing correction that has yielded nice results, but my irons have carried me all year. I got to feeling very comfortable with the 902s because I was hitting a lot of solid shots.

I do like the design differences in the NL releases. The PF2 looks like an old school, higher COG and lower trajectory dart thrower. I’m eager to see what players say about it. It’s pretty amazing that here we are discussing Miura and New Level irons and talking about the great feel of both, given the direct to consumer price on the New Levels. The quality of the clubs is eye-opening. 

I switched to graphite iron shafts this year for injury purposes and that has been beneficial. I didn’t want to reshaft my 902 because I have used them since they were released and are getting some browning. I play the m type wedges in 50 54 and 58 and have zero complaints. I personally don’t think just any DTC could be mentioned with Miura but new level can and should. Until people try them they have no clue how great and soft they are. 

• Like 2

Hoping the PF-2 makes it to lefty in 2021, great looking head!

• Like 1

Driver - Callaway Rogue ST ◆◆◆  / Tour AD HD  

4wood - Cobra RadSpeed / Tour AD IZ

Hybrid - Callaway Apex / Tour AD DI 

Irons - Cobra Forge Tec  /  Dart V 90  

Wedges - Cleveland RTX 6  52 / 58 

Putter - TM Spider X   Ball - Titleist AVX

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, wobgon said:

Ok. Thanks .

Yes, they discontinued it. Saw a few sets on the bay. I have the 4-6 irons. Very easy to launch and forgiving. Feels great like all New Levels. About the same heel to toe length as a Bridgestone J40 DPC or a Mizuno JPX 919 Forged if you have seen those. 

• 4 weeks later...

Also hoping for feedback on the PF-2 and how they compare to the 623-M and 902. 

Srixon ZX5 9* driver: Tensei CK Pro Blue
Ping G410 2h, 3h, 4h: Tensei CK Pro Blue
Srixon ZX7 5-PW: Recoil 95 (HS + lead tape)
Titleist Vokey SM7 50, 54, 58: Recoil 110
Rife Cayman (+tungsten powder)
Srixon Z-Star Diamond

These may be my next set.  I inquired about the availability of this head on their demo program and was told first few weeks of February.  I’m definitely going demo one and see how I like it.  

Cobra Aerojet 9* - LAGP A Series X Mid 

Cobra LTDX 3W - Tensei 1K 75 TX 

New Level 18* KBS Tour Prototype 105X / Cobra LTDX 5w - Tensei Black 85 TX

Artisan HM's / Custom Nike VR Pro Blades - 6.5 Project X Blackouts

Mizuno T22 Copper 50/54 - Project X Blackout 7.0 Spinners

Vokey 58 T Grind - Project X 6.5 Blackout

Artisan 0521 w/ LAGP 135  / Compass G.O.A.T  w/ LAGP135 / LegacyGoods Widebody w/ KBS One Step / Byron DH89 w/ LAGP135 / Cameron Studio 1.5 w/ UST All in

Bridgestone Tour BXS 

20 hours ago, Phabs said:

These may be my next set.  I inquired about the availability of this head on their demo program and was told first few weeks of February.  I’m definitely going demo one and see how I like it.  

was just looking up info on this set and was thinking the same thing! post when you get a chance to get more info!

I have a set of the 623M.....Love the feel and for whatever reason I have been throwing legit darts...but my issue is they are at least 1 club shorter than my Srixon Z-Forged..maybe 1.5 clubs. I get it..who cares if you are accurate but it's kinda hard ripping 8 iron when it used to be a smooth 9.....I think they just spin too much and launch too high for me.  I'm thinking I'm going to turn them back in and get the PF-2 instead.  The PF1 looks good but they look too tiny to me...like a Titleist blade.  The feel though is incredible.  I'm just hoping the PF2 can at least get back to normal distance wise and I'm all set.  That being said...any additional feedback on the PF2 would be great. 

Driver: Sim2 with Ventus Blue 6x
FWY: Sim 2 Ti w/ TenseiAV Raw Blue 75x
Hybrid: PXG 0317x 17* with Fuji Pro 2.0 85x
Irons: PXG 0211ST w/KBS Tour X
54*: Titleist SM6 S grind black finish
58*: New Level Golf SPN Forged M Grind
Putter: Toulon San Diego

I was looking at the 623’s this morning and they’re a degree stronger than my 919 tours.  I’m going to get demo heads in both the PF2’s and the 623’s and see which I like better.  Both look fantastic 

Edited by Phabs

Cobra Aerojet 9* - LAGP A Series X Mid 

Cobra LTDX 3W - Tensei 1K 75 TX 

New Level 18* KBS Tour Prototype 105X / Cobra LTDX 5w - Tensei Black 85 TX

Artisan HM's / Custom Nike VR Pro Blades - 6.5 Project X Blackouts

Mizuno T22 Copper 50/54 - Project X Blackout 7.0 Spinners

Vokey 58 T Grind - Project X 6.5 Blackout

Artisan 0521 w/ LAGP 135  / Compass G.O.A.T  w/ LAGP135 / LegacyGoods Widebody w/ KBS One Step / Byron DH89 w/ LAGP135 / Cameron Studio 1.5 w/ UST All in

Bridgestone Tour BXS 

I tinker with my combo set of PF-1/2.  They feel so great.  Every bit as good as any Miura and softer than so many other OEMs. I am sort of kicking myself for getting the new PX IOs without being fit.  Just not a good match for me in 6.0.  Great shafts, but a lot of work for me.

I'll probably dump them on BST pretty cheap as much as I do not want to, and get another set now that I know the shaft that is working best for me.  Golf is expensive!

Anyways, those on the fence about these clubs, you will really enjoy them if you want the compact CB and a MB that is not that hard to hit.  Think some of the old school TM 300s, or TP preferred combos, original Nikes, Titleist 735...that kind of theme with updated styling and quality.  

I've said it before...no OEM is making clubs this good at this price point.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ferrispgm said:

I have a set of the 623M.....Love the feel and for whatever reason I have been throwing legit darts...but my issue is they are at least 1 club shorter than my Srixon Z-Forged..maybe 1.5 clubs. I get it..who cares if you are accurate but it's kinda hard ripping 8 iron when it used to be a smooth 9.....I think they just spin too much and launch too high for me.  I'm thinking I'm going to turn them back in and get the PF-2 instead.  The PF1 looks good but they look too tiny to me...like a Titleist blade.  The feel though is incredible.  I'm just hoping the PF2 can at least get back to normal distance wise and I'm all set.  That being said...any additional feedback on the PF2 would be great. 

That's interesting.  I've gained 5 yards with my 623-M.  May have more to do with the shaft though.  Used to have recoil protos which launched high and were mid spin.  The MMT launch lower and spin less.  The 623-M seem to be weaker lofted than most players cb according to the specs on their website. 

8 hours ago, phizzy30 said:

That's interesting.  I've gained 5 yards with my 623-M.  May have more to do with the shaft though.  Used to have recoil protos which launched high and were mid spin.  The MMT launch lower and spin less.  The 623-M seem to be weaker lofted than most players cb according to the specs on their website. 

I used the same shaft I have in my Srixon which is a project x 6.5. The ball just goes high and comes out like a marshmallow. When I was fitted a few years back this was the only shaft I hit well besides DG. It’s crazy. I’m giving them one more try out this weekend so we’ll see. I’m hoping it’s just an adjustment period for new clubs that I usually have because I want to like them. They look and feel so good. 

9 hours ago, CasualLie said:

I tinker with my combo set of PF-1/2.  They feel so great.  Every bit as good as any Miura and softer than so many other OEMs. I am sort of kicking myself for getting the new PX IOs without being fit.  Just not a good match for me in 6.0.  Great shafts, but a lot of work for me.

I'll probably dump them on BST pretty cheap as much as I do not want to, and get another set now that I know the shaft that is working best for me.  Golf is expensive!

Anyways, those on the fence about these clubs, you will really enjoy them if you want the compact CB and a MB that is not that hard to hit.  Think some of the old school TM 300s, or TP preferred combos, original Nikes, Titleist 735...that kind of theme with updated styling and quality.  

I've said it before...no OEM is making clubs this good at this price point.

How would you compare playability for the blades to current clubs? On the NL site he says the pf1 is good for 0-5 handicap but then some of his Instagram comments make it sound like they are very difficult to hit. I’ve played the original Nike blades, the VR blades, MP 33, TM 2014 mb, Srixon 965/z forged. Are they close to that or more like a titleist blade? I’m guessing by your comments they are def smaller in size than the ones I mentioned. 

2 hours ago, ferrispgm said:

I used the same shaft I have in my Srixon which is a project x 6.5. The ball just goes high and comes out like a marshmallow. When I was fitted a few years back this was the only shaft I hit well besides DG. It’s crazy. I’m giving them one more try out this weekend so we’ll see. I’m hoping it’s just an adjustment period for new clubs that I usually have because I want to like them. They look and feel so good. 

May want to tweak the lofts a degree stronger and see what that does. Srixons are known for lower spin. Also be sure that for whatever reason you’re not delivering more dynamic loft at impact with the NL vs the Srixon.

But with musclebacks it’s not unusual to see more or less spin between models and it’s not difficult to bend them to bring it down or increase it. Two degrees stronger will usually get you 5-6 yards. I tend to spin musclebacks more but I like how they stop dead on a green. You want that happy medium of nice distance without loss of stopping power and you probably have spin to spare with the 623. 

4 hours ago, ferrispgm said:

How would you compare playability for the blades to current clubs? On the NL site he says the pf1 is good for 0-5 handicap but then some of his Instagram comments make it sound like they are very difficult to hit. I’ve played the original Nike blades, the VR blades, MP 33, TM 2014 mb, Srixon 965/z forged. Are they close to that or more like a titleist blade? I’m guessing by your comments they are def smaller in size than the ones I mentioned. 

I've pruned a lot of my club collection, so as it stands today, no other blades to compare to with pics.  Later today I will try to throw up a pic of a PF-1 MB vs T100 vs Cally X Forged 2013.  Heel to toe, you will see they are very close; it wouldn't surprise me if the PF-1 is a bit bigger than a T100.  I don't remember the many of the sets you mentioned in that great of detail even though I have hit them all.  IIRC, the original Nike blades were not big, very much like a Titleist, and the MP-33s had a little higher toe.  There was this distinctive smaller look to Titleist blades a long time ago, but I don't think that is necessarily the case now.

Not to turn this into a blades vs CB debate, but let's dispense with the 0-5 hcp guideline for picking PF-1.  It's arbitrary.  The PF-1s are not good for a 6?  a 7?  If we have to pick a number, then I will go 10.  However, keep in mind, in my experience playing for 20 years, the majority of golfers I have played with who are in the 8 - 12 hcp range are there not because they cannot hit blades but more because the lose shots over the course of a round in all kinds of ways that just add up.  Up/down percentage is too low, miss short putts, get stuck after a bad tee shot and can't go at the green, fat a bunker shot too much.  It just compounds and next thing you know, they shoot 82.  It doesn't mean they can't hit a blade.

Also keep in mind, I am talking about how the majority of golf is played: 7i - down.  4i blades are hard to hit, even for a pro but pros are still much more consistent and can manage the miss.  5i is borderline, 6i kind of borderline.  So get a combo, or get a hybrid or two and roll with 5i blades, it's not like you will need it that much.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, CasualLie said:

I've pruned a lot of my club collection, so as it stands today, no other blades to compare to with pics.  Later today I will try to throw up a pic of a PF-1 MB vs T100 vs Cally X Forged 2013.  Heel to toe, you will see they are very close; it wouldn't surprise me if the PF-1 is a bit bigger than a T100.  I don't remember the many of the sets you mentioned in that great of detail even though I have hit them all.  IIRC, the original Nike blades were not big, very much like a Titleist, and the MP-33s had a little higher toe.  There was this distinctive smaller look to Titleist blades a long time ago, but I don't think that is necessarily the case now.

Not to turn this into a blades vs CB debate, but let's dispense with the 0-5 hcp guideline for picking PF-1.  It's arbitrary.  The PF-1s are not good for a 6?  a 7?  If we have to pick a number, then I will go 10.  However, keep in mind, in my experience playing for 20 years, the majority of golfers I have played with who are in the 8 - 12 hcp range are there not because they cannot hit blades but more because the lose shots over the course of a round in all kinds of ways that just add up.  Up/down percentage is too low, miss short putts, get stuck after a bad tee shot and can't go at the green, fat a bunker shot too much.  It just compounds and next thing you know, they shoot 82.  It doesn't mean they can't hit a blade.

Also keep in mind, I am talking about how the majority of golf is played: 7i - down.  4i blades are hard to hit, even for a pro but pros are still much more consistent and can manage the miss.  5i is borderline, 6i kind of borderline.  So get a combo, or get a hybrid or two and roll with 5i blades, it's not like you will need it that much.

I appreciate it!  It does seem like they may be about the same size as my Z-forged...If that's the case then that will be fine...I prefer mb but some of the smaller ones like Titleist ones from a couple years ago are too small for my eye.  I'm kind of leaning towards PF2 3-6 and Pf1 7-W. 

20 minutes ago, CasualLie said:

ignore the last pic, sometimes the pic uploading on this site really sucks

I can’t thank you enough. I really appreciate it!