Ping Lead Times

kerila07

I feel like this has been going on too long now for Ping. Most other companies seem to be catching up or have minimal delays but this has been plaguing Ping now for what, over a year? People were waiting for g410 orders when the 425 stuff rolled out. 

Are the assembly factories not working full shifts or are they having trouble sourcing the components from overseas? I really hope they get caught up soon or I worry about the long term health of the company. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, jayhawkeye said:

Just canceled my 425 fwy order.  We were past 6 weeks without any status indication.

It was a custom order but the sun is out now and we’re are playing in parts of the middle west.  I quickly realized I didn’t need it.

It seemed like a good idea in the beginning of February.  Less so now.

With the combination of price and lead time for new equipment, I’m holding off on my plans to upgrade FWs and hybrids this year.

I did pick up an Epic Max, but it was in stock, and I used a gift card for all but $100 of the purchase.

When you’re charging $300 for a stock 5 wood and $275 for a 4 hybrid, these companies deserve to take a BIG hit. I’m not shedding any tears for them.

• Like 2

PING G425 Max 10.5* 

TAYLORMADE Stealth 3HL & 7W

TAYLORMADE  Stealth 22* & 25*

MIZUNO JPX 923 HM 6-AW 

PING Tour Issue Glide 4.0 Raw 54-12

PING Tour Issue Glide 4.0 Raw 58-10

SCOTTY CAMERON Phantom X 5.5

24 minutes ago, Steele47 said:

Why would a custom build take a shorter time than stock?  Seems backwards..

Great point.

Since ordering a non stock grip is considered a custom order, I’m thinking that’s the way to go if you like the stock shaft....

• Like 1

PING G425 Max 10.5* 

MIZUNO JPX 923 HM 6-AW 

Stee47

my thought too..maybe there is NO Stock...and the Just In Time goes too Custom Orders..anyway 22 weeks for run out model...so you tale delivery just as it becomes a Classic Model...

2020 18 July mid winterNZ
Ping Rapture 2006 10.5
Nike VrS 3wood
Callaway Razr Edge5 wood

MP100=33 9876 5/mp63
54     RTX2
60     RTX2
ProPlatinum NewportTwo
2002 325gram +8.NewGrip
Dont hesitate to buy one!

40 minutes ago, Steele47 said:

Why would a custom build take a shorter time than stock?  Seems backwards..

Are they referring to stock clubs to put on store shelves while they focus on filling to the custom orders? Most shops near me seem to have decent stock on their racks. I just ordered a set of G425 irons in the Alta shaft and I was told to expect 4 weeks. The shop is supposed to call me on Monday when they actually place the order with Ping with a quoted ETA from them.

• Like 2

A lot of these OEMs might take a big $$$$ hit this year. They sold out stock inventory with the covid boom last year, but don’t seem to be able to be able to get product out this year to the consumer.

i guess we’ll have to see how it plays out.

Edited by john myrbch

PING G425 Max 10.5* 

MIZUNO JPX 923 HM 6-AW 

4 minutes ago, john myrbch said:

A lot of these OEMs might take a big $$$$ hit this year. They sold out stock inventory with the covid boom last year, but don’t seem to be able to meet demand this year.

i guess we’ll have to see how it plays out.

But if they are selling more than they did in the past wouldn't that mean more income? Golf is booming. It probably won't last forever and there are some challenges sourcing materials in some cases but if more golf clubs are being sold than they planned for initially that is a good thing.

23 minutes ago, gmiller598 said:

But if they are selling more than they did in the past wouldn't that mean more income? Golf is booming. It probably won't last forever and there are some challenges sourcing materials in some cases but if more golf clubs are being sold than they planned for initially that is a good thing.

You could be right, but are more being sold this year? We don’t know that... all we know is they can’t fill orders. 

Is it because they’re overwhelmed with orders, or is it because they can’t get components?

Edited by john myrbch

PING G425 Max 10.5* 

MIZUNO JPX 923 HM 6-AW 

I was going to order i210 irons, but not with an almost 3 month wait.  That is insane.

Seem to be paying a big price for sourcing their heads to China.  Appears like they have lost control of their supply chain.  They were one of the first to have significant delivery delays and to be one of he laggards still, 12 months later, is not good.  

I would of expected much better out of company with the reputation of Ping.  I always viewed them as a company focused on engineering and execution (unlike some of the "marketing oriented" companies), but they have certainly screwed the pooch on this one.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, john myrbch said:

You could be right, but are more being sold this year? We don’t know that... all we know is they can’t fill orders. 

Is it because they’re overwhelmed with orders, or is it because they can’t get components?

It certainly seems like it. My local Golf Galaxy has almost an entire rack full of used G410 clubs. I can only assume people traded those in for either G425 or other brands. Ping has definitely had their challenges with materials that led to the delayed launch in the the UK and USA but I hear Titleist is basically sold out of everything while they prepare to launch their next irons and Srixon and Mizuno are at 5-6 weeks last I knew. Not sure about Cobra. I think the only company that is able to deliver a custom order faster than Ping's 4 weeks right now is Callaway. I could be wrong but I think everyone else is at 4 weeks or longer right now.

Golf is doing well. They all get stuff from China/overseas. They are selling more and can't get components. In addition, cargo ships can't get unloaded.  Golf has been hot, factories were shut down, component factories were shut down and it still happens. It is several issues. The big issue is where all this stuff comes from. 

41 minutes ago, gmiller598 said:

It certainly seems like it. My local Golf Galaxy has almost an entire rack full of used G410 clubs. I can only assume people traded those in for either G425 or other brands. Ping has definitely had their challenges with materials that led to the delayed launch in the the UK and USA but I hear Titleist is basically sold out of everything while they prepare to launch their next irons and Srixon and Mizuno are at 5-6 weeks last I knew. Not sure about Cobra. I think the only company that is able to deliver a custom order faster than Ping's 4 weeks right now is Callaway. I could be wrong but I think everyone else is at 4 weeks or longer right now.

Yes, definitely industry wide. I don’t know how they’re doing it, (smaller volume?) but PXG is getting orders out quickly.

As for those “racks of 410s” you saw, I don’t think people are trading in a set of irons when they’ll have to wait months for a replacement though. Those 410’s probably weren’t replaced with new Pings.

Edited by john myrbch

PING G425 Max 10.5* 

MIZUNO JPX 923 HM 6-AW 

16 minutes ago, TigaTiga Woods Yall said:

I order a G425 Max driver stock (9* Tensei Orange) on Wednesday that is being delivered tomorrow. 

Stores have stock clubs, especially drivers. Not a surprise.

Im a lefty and I had my choice of anything I wanted off the shelf at PGASS . Went Epic Max.

Edited by john myrbch

PING G425 Max 10.5* 

MIZUNO JPX 923 HM 6-AW 

9 minutes ago, john myrbch said:

Yes, definitely industry wide. I don’t know how they’re doing it, (smaller volume?) but PXG is getting orders out quickly.

As for those “racks of 410s” you saw, I don’t think people are trading in a set of irons when they’ll have to wait months for a replacement though. Those 410’s probably weren’t replaced with new Pings.

Not so much irons but drivers, fairways and hybrids. Those people mare probably more likely buying off the rack which seems to be plentiful right now. I just ordered 425 irons today and am trading my G700 in for them but I'm holding onto them until they arrive.

Regardless, I think every company is being hit with slowness of component parts and covid restrictions that are causing it to take longer to build custom orders around staffing and sanitization. Callaway seems to be faster right now but they also do a lot of club assembly in Mexico. I don't know what restrictions are in place there but they might be able to work faster.

Edited by gmiller598
  • Like 1

I've also heard been told that Ping is no longer taking custom orders on the G410 stuff. priority is on the g425 line since that is where the highest volume and newest priority is. I'm sure they have some stock of G410 items for warranty repairs and such but if you look on any major retailers website they are not taking custom orders on the previous cycle clubs.

10 minutes ago, gmiller598 said:

Not so much irons but drivers, fairways and hybrids. Those people mare probably more likely buying off the rack which seems to be plentiful right now. I just ordered 425 irons today and am trading my G700 in for them but I'm holding onto them until they arrive.

Regardless, I think every company is being hit with slowness of component parts and covid restrictions that are causing it to take longer to build custom orders around staffing and sanitization. Callaway seems to be faster right now but they also do a lot of club assembly in Mexico. I don't know what restrictions are in place there but they might be able to work faster.

Enjoy the new irons! Can’t go wrong with a set of G irons.

i almost went with them, but couldn’t pass on the deal with the 0211s with MMT shafts at $94 per club.

It worked out so well for me I ordered the sw and Lw. If I don’t like the heads I’ll think about putting their MMT shafts into my Vokeys or send them back in 30 days.

Edited by john myrbch
  • Like 1

PING G425 Max 10.5* 

MIZUNO JPX 923 HM 6-AW 

1 minute ago, john myrbch said:

Enjoy the new irons! Can’t go wrong with a set of G irons.

i almost went with them, but couldn’t pass on the deal with the 0211s with MMT shafts at $94 per club.

It worked out so well for me I ordered the sw and Lw. If I don’t like the heads I’ll think about putting the MMT into my Vokeys.

I strongly considered those exact irons because I became a graphite user too due to rheumatoid arthritis. I just couldn't pull the trigger on them sight unseen without being able to demo them. I ordered the G425 in power spec which puts me pretty close to the 0211 specs.

Golf sales are through the roof this year.  The big 4 are meeting & exceeding 2020 sales already and yeah GRIPS of all things are slowing order fills for f*** sake 🙁

Driver TSR3 9* & 11* Ventus TR Blue 6x (10K - Testing)

Fairway TSr3 4W Ventus TR Red 7x

Fairway  TS 7W Ventus TR Blue 8x

Irons Ping i210’s with DG 120 x-100’s +1/2”

Wedges Glide Forged Pros 50*,54*,58* DG 120 s300 +1/2”

Putter Armlock💪🏼

Ball Vice Pro Plus

1 minute ago, gmiller598 said:

I strongly considered those exact irons because I became a graphite user too due to rheumatoid arthritis. I just couldn't pull the trigger on them sight unseen without being able to demo them. I ordered the G425 in power spec which puts me pretty close to the 0211 specs.

Great minds think alike, lol.

i was going to do the same if I ordered the pings!

• Like 1

PING G425 Max 10.5* 

MIZUNO JPX 923 HM 6-AW 

4 minutes ago, john myrbch said:

Great minds think alike, lol.

i was going to do the same if I ordered the pings!

I was playing the G700 with the 780 Recoil but was launching them too high. Switched to the Alta CB in the power spec to get it down after doing a quick store fitting with a Ping rep and following his recommendations after we tried a few things on Trackman. it's about 1 degree stronger than the G700 I currently have. I can handle the 4 week wait for them since its still early here in OH. I never realized the taper tip Recoil 780 is actually a higher launching shaft than the Alta.

• Like 1

I ordered a G425 Fairway Feb 23rd Tensei Orange 75 with Tour 360 grip ( I didn't want the Arccos ) and it was delivered yesterday so it took just under 4 weeks. 

Ping does seem to provide " Worst Case Scenario " Lead times which is smart.  

Edited by Tzoid

Titleist TSi3  ,Ventus Blue 6S  Velocore

Ping G425 14.5  Fairway ,Tensei  AV Orange 75

Ping G425 17.5 Fairway  ,Tensei  CK Orange 75

Ping Anser 23 degree Hybrid

OnOff 2015 Kuro Irons ,Nippon Modus Tour 120

Scratch 50 ,54,58 Wedges  ,Nippon WV 115 Wedge Shafts

Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Newport  2+ 

Titleist Pro V1x

25 minutes ago, gmiller598 said:

I was playing the G700 with the 780 Recoil but was launching them too high. Switched to the Alta CB in the power spec to get it down after doing a quick store fitting with a Ping rep and following his recommendations after we tried a few things on Trackman. it's about 1 degree stronger than the G700 I currently have. I can handle the 4 week wait for them since its still early here in OH. I never realized the taper tip Recoil 780 is actually a higher launching shaft than the Alta.

I never knew that either. I had 760s, and never thought they launched as high as an Alta shaft.  I’ve always hit G irons pretty high with them.

Maybe it’s just the way we swing?

Edited by john myrbch

PING G425 Max 10.5* 

MIZUNO JPX 923 HM 6-AW 

2 hours ago, gmiller598 said:

Are they referring to stock clubs to put on store shelves while they focus on filling to the custom orders? Most shops near me seem to have decent stock on their racks. I just ordered a set of G425 irons in the Alta shaft and I was told to expect 4 weeks. The shop is supposed to call me on Monday when they actually place the order with Ping with a quoted ETA from them.

Yes, per my clubs pro the orders for stock are insanely backed up. Which makes sense really. The priority it clubs that are sold, not to sit on the shelf or allow one store to buy up all available stock.

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar