2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

F1 fans?

lefthack

4 hours ago, lefthack said:

Ferrari has been working with Shell and not only recovered the power lost switching to E10 but was able to find as much as a 6% gain. So that gives them as much as 16% power increase over an unchanged '21 PU. That plus the upgraded hybrid system they deployed at the end of last year makes them look damn competitive.

Didn’t Ferrari get busted for cheating this season? 

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

19 minutes ago, ebrasmus21 said:

Didn’t Ferrari get busted for cheating this season? 

That was 2 years ago, that's why they sucked so bad in '20.

Haywood 1 with Hzrdus Black RDX 70

Haywood 3W PXG 0211 5W

Haywood 18* driving iron

Haywood MB irons 3-PW

Mitsubishi Kuro Kage 80g iron shafts

Haywood 52/10 and 56/12 wedges

Haywood mid mallet putter

Golf Pride Concept Helix grips 

"You're not good enough to get mad at your bad shots!" - Bill Murray

7 minutes ago, lefthack said:

That was 2 years ago, that's why they sucked so bad in '20.

Ops yes, duh.  The pandemic years have all blended together for me 

• Haha 1

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

44 minutes ago, ebrasmus21 said:

Ops yes, duh.  The pandemic years have all blended together for me 

Trust me, I feel it. I will have  been home 2 years in March, just got word today the return to office plan is on hold, so it might be 3. 🤣

But I think Ferrari will be a real threat this year and McLaren isn't messing around. Add to that Gasley trying to show his worth and this could be more than a 2 team 2 driver fight.

Edited by lefthack

Haywood 3W PXG 0211 5W

Haywood 18* driving iron

Haywood MB irons 3-PW

6 minutes ago, lefthack said:

Trust me, I feel it. I will have  been home 2 years in March, just got word today the return to office plan is on hold, so it might be 3. 🤣

But I think Ferrari will be a real threat this year and McLaren isn't messing around. Add to that Gasley trying to show his worth and this could be more than a 2 team 2 driver fight.

I’m lucky I get to do a go to work WFH combo…

I’m looking forward to this season for sure because I think a number of teams are feeling more than optimistic.  Should be exciting assuming the new cars are any good 

Edited by ebrasmus21

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

16 minutes ago, ebrasmus21 said:

I’m lucky I get to do a go to work WFH combo…

I’m looking forward to this season for sure because I think a number of teams are feeling more than optimistic.  Should be exciting assuming the new cars are any good 

We were going in Monday and Friday for the last couple months, but now it's "as needed" and I don't need. But it allowed me to play 9 on those days before the office, so there was that. 

I hope the new cars are good. I also really want to see Yuki do well. It's awesome to see a Japanese driver in F1 and he passed Bottas on the last lap last race to take P4. 

• Like 1

Haywood 3W PXG 0211 5W

Haywood 18* driving iron

Haywood MB irons 3-PW

I can understand being upset, but this is such a b**** move. Mercedes won't admit it, but you know they did it.

https://www.formulanerds.com/news/lewis-hamilton-to-stay-in-f1-as-michael-masi-set-to-be-sacked/

Haywood 3W PXG 0211 5W

Haywood 18* driving iron

Haywood MB irons 3-PW

I dont know, I read the article in the Mail this morning that seemed to say Masi was still safe and the new guy wasnt going to sack him as his first act.

This whole thing stinks - and I'm a Hamilton fan. What a baby move, wahhh I didn't win so I want you to sack the mean old race director? 

I would completely understand calling for a full investigation, calling for changes, an audit of procedures - all of that. But calling for someones job? Nah, I'm never going to be OK with that.

• Like 1

OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Ventus Blue Velocore+ 7s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // Incoming: Ping I230/Blueprint S/T
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

As someone who's not really a Max nor a Lewis fan- I kind of think Masi deserves to be let go. I have no qualms with the result of the last race but how we got there? It was pretty busch league. I liked the idea of a red with a handful of laps left, if we wanted a race between the two of them it should've been on equal footing but I do think Max was easily the better driver throughout the season so we got to where we were heading imo. 

• Like 1

Callaway Rouge ST 💎💎💎 

Taylormade Sim Ti- 15*, 19*

Miura TC-201

Vokey Raw SM9- 46*, 51*, 56*, 61*

Bettinardi BB8W Blackout - Scotty Cameron Buttonback Newport

I think Ferrari will get some wins this year.

ferrari_3.jpg

Haywood 3W PXG 0211 5W

Haywood 18* driving iron

Haywood MB irons 3-PW

On 1/13/2022 at 10:18 AM, justindowney said:

As someone who's not really a Max nor a Lewis fan- I kind of think Masi deserves to be let go. I have no qualms with the result of the last race but how we got there? It was pretty busch league. I liked the idea of a red with a handful of laps left, if we wanted a race between the two of them it should've been on equal footing but I do think Max was easily the better driver throughout the season so we got to where we were heading imo. 

I don't disagree, but let's not forget part of why they got there was Wolff's constant lobbying.  Either it led to some of the earlier decisions, or it just got Masi so fed up that's why he went with the decision he did at the end to stick it to him.  

But once again, though, Hamilton shows he is only gracious in victory.   I always figured it was the car that got him titles, but when he never made mistakes when Vettel was actually challenging him (before Ferrari got caught), I gained new respect for his driving skill.  But he seems to keep eating away at that respect with threats like this.

As for Masi being fired, I don't know enough to know, but on another forum a number of people have said Charlie Whiting wasn't exactly perfect in the job either, but it gets glossed over due to his unfortunate demise.  So Masi may not be as far off the standard of his predecessor.

The more I think about this, again, not going to defend Masi...but man we've had weeks to think about how this was handled. In real time, he's got to make this decision as the race is going on, as he's got multiple teams yapping at him over the radio...cant be easy. If anything I think they need to look at the specific procedures as they are actually written - not as the broadcast told us they might be. If there are specific regulations that he purposely ignored, he has to go. If there aren't - maybe he still goes but also you need to get those buttoned up so there are no more issues.

Cant wait for this season. Depending on when the dates get finalized, hoping to maybe get to the race in Miami.

• Like 1

Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

After hearing all the changes Ferrari has made to the V6 for E10 plus the time spent all last year developing the aero package, they could be legit. Even Helmut said if you can get Sainz a car fast enough for him, he will give Max a run. He also adapted to the car quickly and that will be huge.

1. Who developed the best race package.

2. Who can get the most out of it the quickest. 

3. Who can tweak it to stay ahead of folks.

Haywood 3W PXG 0211 5W

Haywood 18* driving iron

Haywood MB irons 3-PW

On 1/22/2022 at 2:01 PM, lefthack said:

After hearing all the changes Ferrari has made to the V6 for E10 plus the time spent all last year developing the aero package, they could be legit. Even Helmut said if you can get Sainz a car fast enough for him, he will give Max a run. He also adapted to the car quickly and that will be huge.

1. Who developed the best race package.

2. Who can get the most out of it the quickest. 

3. Who can tweak it to stay ahead of folks.

But it's like Damon Hill said in the season wrapup( or lead up to the last race), Ferrari has made great progress, but, really, they should be competing for the championship, not happy in third.  So they better be legit. 

• Like 1

So Honda is staying until the new regulations in '25 when Porsche come in. This could get interesting.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/honda-set-to-extend-direct-red-bull-supply-to-2025/7677145/

And Audi is talking to McLaren.

Edited by lefthack

Haywood 3W PXG 0211 5W

Haywood 18* driving iron

Haywood MB irons 3-PW

15 hours ago, lefthack said:

So Honda is staying until the new regulations in '25 when Porsche come in. This could get interesting.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/honda-set-to-extend-direct-red-bull-supply-to-2025/7677145/

And Audi is talking to McLaren.

This Audi/McLaren stuff is a bit interesting.  Does it give McLaren some more control ?  Bring them closer to being a works team?  Not sure I understand why they would want to get away from a Mercedes engine unless it puts them on the tope level.

Honda staying.... wonder if all that honoring at the end of last seas was campaigning for them to remain.

15 minutes ago, golfortennis said:

This Audi/McLaren stuff is a bit interesting.  Does it give McLaren some more control ?  Bring them closer to being a works team?  Not sure I understand why they would want to get away from a Mercedes engine unless it puts them on the tope level.

Honda staying.... wonder if all that honoring at the end of last seas was campaigning for them to remain.

I could see wanting to get away from a direct competitor because while they are supposed to supply you with whatever they are running, do they really? 

Audi and Porsche really want to get into F1 and the FIA agreed to toss the exhaust hybrid system for them.

Haywood 3W PXG 0211 5W

Haywood 18* driving iron

Haywood MB irons 3-PW

5 minutes ago, lefthack said:

I could see wanting to get away from a direct competitor because while they are supposed to supply you with whatever they are running, do they really? 

Audi and Porsche really want to get into F1 and the FIA agreed to toss the exhaust hybrid system for them.

Do they really want to get in though?  They've been teasing for years about it(Porsche especially).  They've had a seat at the table for several years even though they aren't in it.  Put up or shut up time IMO....

3 minutes ago, golfortennis said:

Do they really want to get in though?  They've been teasing for years about it(Porsche especially).  They've had a seat at the table for several years even though they aren't in it.  Put up or shut up time IMO....

They didn't want to mess with the hybrid system and I can't blame them. Everyone says it's the most complexed and expensive part on the damn car. 

Haywood 3W PXG 0211 5W

Haywood 18* driving iron

Haywood MB irons 3-PW

Tl/dr if Mercedes appeal had gone through, the race results would be voided and Max would still be champ with +1 win overall.

https://www.essentiallysports.com/f1-news-fia-executive-launches-a-myth-buster-max-verstappen-not-lewis-hamilton-would-still-be-f1-champion/

Haywood 3W PXG 0211 5W

Haywood 18* driving iron

Haywood MB irons 3-PW

On 1/29/2022 at 12:28 PM, golfortennis said:

I think Honda is trying to avoid the screwup they had with Brawn GP years ago. They had developed the best car but left before it could even run and missed out on winning the world championship. They have one of the best engines now so there is no reason to leave when they can maintain their current standing without as heavy of an investment.

11 minutes ago, Jc0 said:

I think Honda is trying to avoid the screwup they had with Brawn GP years ago. They had developed the best car but left before it could even run and missed out on winning the world championship. They have one of the best engines now so there is no reason to leave when they can maintain their current standing without as heavy of an investment.

So then the company must be back on solid financial footing.  Weren't they getting out of F1 due to financial concerns?  While can understand wanting to win the championship on an emotional and sporting level, it would seem quite irresponsible to continue just for an ego boost.

I can't see being in F1 or not having any impact on CRV or Civic sales.  But then again, I'm just some guy on a message board.  

17 minutes ago, Jc0 said:

Here's the part I don't get. Red Bull spent truck loads of money building a power train division. Built a factory, poached all the best engineers, now Honda says they are staying until '25 and Porsche wants to take over from there.

Haywood 3W PXG 0211 5W

Haywood 18* driving iron

Haywood MB irons 3-PW

4 minutes ago, lefthack said:

Here's the part I don't get. Red Bull spent truck loads of money building a power train division. Built a factory, poached all the best engineers, now Honda says they are staying until '25 and Porsche wants to take over from

there.

Red Bull was basically taking over Hondas power train devision so it's all the same people. I'm sure there is some agreement on how Red Bull may own it now but Honda is still funding it, where as before Honda was pulling funding. 

9 minutes ago, golfortennis said:

So then the company must be back on solid financial footing.  Weren't they getting out of F1 due to financial concerns?  While can understand wanting to win the championship on an emotional and sporting level, it would seem quite irresponsible to continue just for an ego boost.

I can't see being in F1 or not having any impact on CRV or Civic sales.  But then again, I'm just some guy on a message board.  

Yes, but winning raises a lot more money than loosing. F1 is global marketing, not just the US. A good F1 engine can literally mean hundreds of millions of dollars in sales around the world, and a bad engine can loose them just as many sales. Honda's engine was garbage until 2 years ago when the said they were going to pull out after two more years. Now that's it's good they want to stick around.

1 minute ago, Jc0 said:

Red Bull was basically taking over Hondas power train devision so it's all the same people. I'm sure there is some agreement on how Red Bull may own it now but Honda is still funding it, where as before Honda was pulling funding. 

It's not the same folks, they got a ton of the top guys from Mercedes.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.red-bull-approached-100-mercedes-staff-for-engine-project-and-they-got-15.7KxNFVgooiBYx0ly5uWqru.html

They actually stole folks from almost every team. It's an all-star team, at least on paper. With Newey they will be tough to beat. 

Haywood 3W PXG 0211 5W

Haywood 18* driving iron

Haywood MB irons 3-PW

2 minutes ago, lefthack said:

It's not the same folks, they got a ton of the top guys from Mercedes.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.red-bull-approached-100-mercedes-staff-for-engine-project-and-they-got-15.7KxNFVgooiBYx0ly5uWqru.html

They actually stole folks from almost every team. It's an all-star team, at least on paper. With Newey they will be tough to beat. 

Did not realize that. Last thing I saw was Honda's people moving to Red Bull.

Just now, Jc0 said:

Did not realize that. Last thing I saw was Honda's people moving to Red Bull.

They went all Red Bull on it. 🤣 

That's what I keep cracking up about. Toto likes to call them a "drink maker" and they will be building F1 engines, it's crazy. 

Haywood 3W PXG 0211 5W

Haywood 18* driving iron

Haywood MB irons 3-PW

Love reading about the potential for a Las Vegas race. Pull COTA off the calendar which solves the track issues. Not sure where the Vegas race would be held - almost certainly could not be down the strip - but it would be an awesome backdrop.

Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Off season Tom Foolery.

Haywood 3W PXG 0211 5W

Haywood 18* driving iron

Haywood MB irons 3-PW