2021 Titleist T200

Lefty87

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else seeing pretty high launch with T200  ?

I posted on the previous page a couple weeks ago, and curious if it's not just me.

Even though the T200 are strong lofted to begin with, I strengthened them by 1* a couple days ago, and still getting very good height and descent angles in relation to my previous irons, and of course added carry distance.  I was expecting the T200 to be just another good iron. But after my last Sim session, these have me a bit dumbfounded with the launch numbers I'm getting and distance, and it translates to the course.  Our season is winding down up here, so I will only get in a few more rounds in cold unpleasant weather.

I do find them a bit "clacky" sounding on miss-hits, more so the 5-6-7 irons , which I attribute to the plastic backsides.

Edited by ARL67
  • Like 1

WITB for 2023  |  Titleist Hybrid-5 Stand Bag
Titleist TSi2 10*  |  Miyazaki Kusala Black 61X

Titleist TSR3 18* Fairway  |  Evenflow White 60S

Titleist TSR1 20* Hybrid |  Evenflow White 90S

Edel SMS Pro 5-PW |  Steelfiber i110cw-S

Edel SMS GW & LW  |  Steelfiber i110cw-S

Putter  |  Mizuno OMOI-03 Nickel Finish, stock grip

Grips    |  All Clubs With CP2 Wrap Jumbo

T200 in my opinion is the best iron Titleist has in the lineup. I'm typically a blade guy, gaming zx7s, but the T200 is a rocket launcher. I know 2 golf professionals that go p-5 t100, then a 5-4 and 2i t200 (two 5i for gapping). Don't get me wrong better players will opt for T100, or CB/MB and I myself will not game them, but they were by far the most impressive of the new lineup to me. Can't speak for the durability but Titleist has always been great about standing behind their products to me. 

I hit the demo a mile high, but it was a weaker flex than I normally game so hard to tell. I think they are the most improved clubs, and I really liked what titleist did.  

• Like 4

17 hours ago, ARL67 said:

Anyone else seeing pretty high launch with T200  ?

I posted on the previous page a couple weeks ago, and curious if it's not just me.

Even though the T200 are strong lofted to begin with, I strengthened them by 1* a couple days ago, and still getting very good height and descent angles in relation to my previous irons, and of course added carry distance.  I was expecting the T200 to be just another good iron. But after my last Sim session, these have me a bit dumbfounded with the launch numbers I'm getting and distance, and it translates to the course.  Our season is winding down up here, so I will only get in a few more rounds in cold unpleasant weather.

I do find them a bit "clacky" sounding on miss-hits, more so the 5-6-7 irons , which I attribute to the plastic backsides.

In my fitting I found that the T200 were definitely higher launching than my current 919 HMPs and I really liked the look of the flight and decent angle (particularly as I don't usually play in very windy conditions), was also surprised that despite the higher launch and decent angle, my distances were still very close to my current HMPs but dispersions (particularly front to back) was noticeably tighter on the T200s.

I think the launch was a bit the shafts (switching to KBS Tour 105 from KBS CTaper Lite for a smoother feel) but definitely a decent amount the heads as well (compared the T200 in my current shafts to my current set and the T200s still launched a good bit higher). 

• 1 month later...

Curious if anyone has an answer to this. 

I am about a 3-4 handicap. Coming from 710 AP2s, I got the T200s last summer and was very happy with the feel,  my new distance, launch, spin, all of that good stuff. But, I really struggled with good contact on the short irons. I chalked it up to adjustment, then maybe lost some confidence, I'm not sure, but I hit some really bad shots I usually don't. I didn't really blame the clubs because when I hit them good, they performed great, and even slight mishits were fine.

Well, turns out somebody stole my damn clubs out of my car, so I had to play last weekend with my old AP2s. I hit the short irons really well again like I used to and I was wondering if there is something in the new T200s that would make bad shots worse, or make it more difficult to make good contact. I am about to re-buy a new set, but would like some assurances that it's a me problem and not some tech issue.

On 12/16/2021 at 3:01 PM, Golfinomglol said:

I am about a 3-4 handicap. Coming from 710 AP2s, I got the T200s last summer and was very happy with the feel,  my new distance, launch, spin, all of that good stuff. But, I really struggled with good contact on the short irons. I chalked it up to adjustment, then maybe lost some confidence, I'm not sure, but I hit some really bad shots I usually don't. I didn't really blame the clubs because when I hit them good, they performed great, and even slight mishits were fine.

Well, turns out somebody stole my damn clubs out of my car, so I had to play last weekend with my old AP2s. I hit the short irons really well again like I used to and I was wondering if there is something in the new T200s that would make bad shots worse, or make it more difficult to make good contact. I am about to re-buy a new set, but would like some assurances that it's a me problem and not some tech issue.

The only thing that comes to mind would be sole width. The wider soles on the T200’s could make the contact with your short irons different than what you were able to achieve with the AP2’s. 

On 9/23/2021 at 5:53 PM, Steelhead said:

AWESOME! Mine is on the way from Amazon. Looks just like yours and will protect my T200s from my wife's crazy driving of our golf cart! ($21)

I just checked amazon and there seem to be a couple choices.  By chance was it the "A99Golf 9 Iron Club Holder Black Club Organizers Organize Your Irons Universal Above Bag Durable ABS Shafts Holders" ?

Or

"Andux 9 Iron Golf Club Holder Golf Bag Organizer GEFQBGJ-01"

Thanks

On 12/23/2021 at 10:22 PM, Breezy-3- said:

The only thing that comes to mind would be sole width. The wider soles on the T200’s could make the contact with your short irons different than what you were able to achieve with the AP2’s. 

Yep, also depends on course conditions you play too. I find wide soles in short irons on firm conditions are almost unplayable for  me and my shallow delivery. The club seems to bounce of the turf and causes lots of thin shots. I get along better with more narrow soles in firm conditions such as AP2/T100s. 

On 12/17/2021 at 12:01 AM, Golfinomglol said:

Same with me.

Cannot really describe it, but I seem to struggle with short irons too. GW-9.

I feel that I have to play them really agressive (steep?!) to make them work. Maybe some issue with spin (too less).

If I don‘t really hit them hard, shots just go high and short.

(coming from AP2 718)

On 12/28/2021 at 8:14 AM, Philipp said:

Same with me.

Cannot really describe it, but I seem to struggle with short irons too. GW-9.

I feel that I have to play them really agressive (steep?!) to make them work. Maybe some issue with spin (too less).

If I don‘t really hit them hard, shots just go high and short.

(coming from AP2 718)

I had that problem with a set of Mizzy Hit Metal Pros… exact same issues, the 7-5 iron seems like perfect clubs, but the scoring irons beer impossible to figure out. I suspect it’s in the high launch low spin design. My older T200’s don’t have that issue, haven’t tried the new model shorter irons yet. 

Where is everyone netting out in these new T200?  Caught up on the thread since before release.  I have hit the new 5-6 iron as the only part of my combo set to arrive. Feel surprised me in how firmer it go from my old set, but ballflight and landing angle were both better (same shaft as old model). Not sure I could handle a whole set of these if they feel that way, I hit a friend’s with modus 120 and they felt softer but that’s not my shaft. Hoping the soles of the T100S shirt irons don’t kill me, or I’ll have to look at Mizzy 225 or something.  

They are my first set of Titleist irons, had them since early September, easily 40 rounds in.

I very much like them, play 6-G.  I hear a lot of people complain about feel on here, but I think they are solid. They may not have a forged mizuno feel, but not much does. Higher ball flight and a few extra yards for a small guy that is 50 now. No issues holding greens, able to flight PW and GW. I played some of my best golf this fall, including a personal best.

They are set in the bag for next season.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

• 4 months later...

Recently was fitted for the first time into these, running 5-GW with the AMT Black S300's. Came from Mizuno JPX-850's FYI. I love the feel/look of these, its like a players iron and a GI iron had a child. 3 rounds so far and last night at league was having some of the best dispersion/iron striking I've had ever. I love the pop you feel when you catch it out the middle, my only gripe with them is the plastic cover on the back is easily scratched up. I almost wish they added like a paint protection film to keep them looking fresh. Such is life tho, have never bought irons brand new but these things are totally worth it.

Edited by choppstixxx
  • Like 2

Titleist TSi2 9* - Ventus Red TR

Callaway Rogue ST Max 18*

TM SIM2 Max 22*

Titleist T200 4-GW

Vokey SM9 54*/58*

Odyssey Stroke Lab DW

• 3 weeks later...

It's a wonderful head and I can see why Titleist views it as their flagship model. It really crunches the ball and get it's up their flying high, flat, long and with a steep descent, all while keeping the distance consistent. Unfortunately I ordered them with the stock AMT Black shaft which wasn't for me.  Felt way too light and I didn't have any feel for where the head was, except for the long irons where I think it's a good alternative. In retrospect I would have gone with the AMT white. 

TM Stealth Plus 10.5 Ventus TR Velocore Red 5

Ping G425 Max 5 FW 17.5 Ventus Velocore Red 7

Srixon ZX MKII 3UT MMT 95

Callaway X Forged CB 21' 4-PW Modus 120

Yururi Tataki 52.5, 56.5 and 60.5 DG S200
Ping Anser 2
MCC +4 Grips
Kirkland Performance+ Ball

On 9/21/2021 at 2:47 PM, lewis17web said:

The concerns about the durability of the plastic backing on the T200s seems to be valid. This is the back of my new 6 iron. Got them last week and walked 3 rounds with them over the weekend. No time in a cart for bag chatter simply walking with a stand carry bag. There is already pitting and wear in the plastic as you can see. Feels like truly cheap plastic. Irons play well and are nice but no way is this going to be a durable finish. 

DE06A142-BF8F-44F1-B568-6994500F60D0.heic 1.22 MB · 824 downloads

This was one of my biggest concerns when looking at them online vs the ZX5's.  Really wanted to play Titleist irons since I've already had Srixon's for 5 years, but they look like they won't age well.

In search of solid contact...

4 hours ago, 'Noles2013 said:

Just got my mine and I love them.  Just gonna take some time to adjust to the distances as I’m not used to being able to hit a 6 iron 180 yards haha.  

I have had mine since September, absolutely love them, just put 3 covers on so they don’t bang around, have a silencer bag also, still look new

• Like 2

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

3 hours ago, Warrick said:

I have had mine since September, absolutely love them, just put 3 covers on so they don’t bang around, have a silencer bag also, still look new

Yeah I looked into some of those club clips but they won’t work with my 14 way bag.  So I ordered some iron covers as well.  I always thought they looked goofy but I’ve never had a brand new set of clubs this nice before lol.

• 1 month later...

Mid season update, have been gaming them since late May. Finally have started to groove with them, really such a great set of irons. I ended up snagging a matching 4i for help with longer par 3's and some tighter/longer approaches. The dispersion is amazing, not a lot of crazy left or right-ward shots. I end up staying in play more times than not and just love the feel. Will say my poor 48* GW backing plate got pretty beat up bc it sits in front of my 54* SW, but the faces have stayed really fresh/nice. Def glad I got fitted and made the switch, these will be my gamers for a very long time just like my TSi2 driver.

• Like 3

Titleist TSi2 9* - Ventus Red TR

Callaway Rogue ST Max 18*

TM SIM2 Max 22*

Titleist T200 4-GW

Vokey SM9 54*/58*

Odyssey Stroke Lab DW