Bushnell Launch Pro Device with Foresight

I would recommend anyone who's wanting to get a gaming pc to think about putting your own together.  It really can be a fun process from picking your parts to assembling the PC.  Lots of info out on the interwebs and can use something like PCPartpicker.com to help find your configuration. 

Taylormade Qi10 9*/Ventus Blue 7X
Taylormade BRNR 13.5*/KBS TD Cat4 
Callaway AI Smoke 7w/AD IZ 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Taylormade Spider Tour Proto 34"
Taylormade MG4 52, 56, 62 S400
Taylormade 2024 TP5X

18 minutes ago, Krt22 said:

That is not unexpected from any OEM build

Yeah didn't realize that till I already bought it. I understand why they do it, but it just sucks to spend over $1,000 on a high performance computer to have it limited by Dell to the point where I would have to buy a whole new motherboard, power supply, and new case and then swap everything over if I wanted to run my components at their full potential.

I'm sort of learning as I go - didn't really know much about computers before having to do some research for the GC3, but now I find it all pretty interesting 

Edited by DinoSpumoni228

8 minutes ago, radiman said:

I would recommend anyone who's wanting to get a gaming pc to think about putting your own together.  It really can be a fun process from picking your parts to assembling the PC.  Lots of info out on the interwebs and can use something like PCPartpicker.com to help find your configuration. 

The main problem here is that certain components are almost impossible to buy individually at the moment. Going through a system builder is a much easier way to get all the required components.

3 minutes ago, whumber said:

The main problem here is that certain components are almost impossible to buy individually at the moment. Going through a system builder is a much easier way to get all the required components.

Indeed. I just so happened to be buying/building a new PC right when Covid hit, everything except at GPU at that point was still easily attainable. Then I got my LM and wanted to build a sim box, and it was a dramatically different landscape. Just the card alone from a scalper was almost as much as a full system from a builder. I ended up with an HP "gaming" PC with a RTX3060 for $1100 or so, no way I could have built it for remotely the same price

11 minutes ago, whumber said:

That is a fair point.  I sometimes forget how hard it can be for individuals to source some of these parts.  

Taylormade 2024 TP5X

1 minute ago, kwettig said:

If you want to source me an RTX3080 for MSRP that’d be cool 😉😂

still hoping to snag one at a Best Buy drop and would sell this prebuilt for a fair price.

Haha, even through our standard distribution channels those are above the initial MSRP.  I think MSRP was like $700 when it was launched.  Our wholesale cost was more than that. 

Taylormade 2024 TP5X

20 hours ago, YoungJedi said:

Curious as to how putting will work with Simulator play. Auto 2 putt (or auto putting, sometimes 1 putt, sometimes 3 putt), since this has no putting feature? I guess I will find out tomorrow! V excited!

Just to confirm what others assumed, the BLP reads putts.

I received mine yesterday and only had time to hit a few balls last night, but here is a screenshot from FSX Live that shows putt data from yesterday. I didn't put a sticker on my putter so I can't comment on club path for putting.

Picture1.png

Edited by AllAmerican
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, AllAmerican said:

Also, for anyone interested, a 6 iron shot from last night. 

Picture2.png

Picture3.png

Picture4.png

I hope this is more readable than it is on here...

RogueST 9@11º 3D (ADDI 6X), 425 3w 14.5º (TourX), 430 3h 19º & 4 iCross (HZRDUS Red 6.0), i230 5-U, G4 54º, GFP 59º (DART105F4). 2021 Fetch (BGT Tour Black).

"Golf is just a dance with a stick, and a ball tells you how good a dancer you are."  LCP150mm in your fairway should be a full-time rule.

Ping-logo-283444624.jpeg

6 hours ago, Jpan08 said:

Waiting and wondering if foresight will sell some extension like the hmt to unlock other metrics or like the quad buying add on software 

You can forget about this.  Isn't happening.  For starters, if you were to add on a piece of hardware for a 4th eye (camera), then it would effectively be a GC Quad.  Additionally, the GC Quad's doesn't have software add-ons, the Quad already has 4 eyes, but buyers can choose to buy them with all 4 cameras (ball/club) or just 2 cameras (ball) functioning.  Turning on the other 2 is done via firmware in the device and remotely(servers). 

Needless to say the GC3 only has 3 cameras and no software or firmware update is going to change that. Foresight Sports isn't about to cannibalize their GC Quad sales by offering a 4th eye for the GC3 in the form of hardware.

There is virtually ZERO chance of this happening.

Edited by gibbiesmalls

37 minutes ago, gibbiesmalls said:

You can forget about this.  Isn't happening.  For starters, if you were to add on a piece of hardware for a 4th eye (camera), then it would effectively be a GC Quad.  Additionally, the GC Quad's doesn't have software add-ons, the Quad already has 4 eyes, but buyers can choose to buy them with all 4 cameras (ball/club) or just 2 cameras (ball) functioning.  Turning on the other 2 is done via firmware in the device and remotely(servers). 

Needless to say the GC3 only has 3 cameras and no software or firmware update is going to change that. Foresight Sports isn't about to cannibalize their GC Quad sales by offering a 4th eye for the GC3 in the form of hardware.

There is virtually ZERO chance of this happening.

I hear you, but the hmt did add two cameras to the gc2 to total 4 cameras and gave all the same data points as a quad with club data unlocked. 
not saying it’s going to happen again, but it has happened in the past. 

This is off-topic and on-topic...considering that we're on our way to 100 pages of posts in this thread.  If I navigate to WRX and go to this thread is there some way to automatically go to the last post I've read or the next post I haven't read?  I spend a lot of time scrolling through pages to get to the new stuff.  Thanks in advance!

10 hours ago, James495738 said:

I think it will accurately read all shots; full, chip, putt etc...

I would be SHOCKED if it doesn't pass some form of putting data to the golf simulator.  I also have an EXPUTT practice matt and the camera looks like a $30-50 computer webcam.  This thing is able to read the club path, and club face angle at impact.  The only thing I wish it can pick up is where the ball impacts on the club face (so that over 30-50 practice putts, I can see if my trends are improving on hitting the center of the putter face).

Ping G430 Max 10k 10.5* (set to 9*) - Fujikura Ventus TR 6S
Callaway XR 3 wood 15* - Project X LZ 50 stiff (stock shaft)
Taylormade Rocketballz Stage 2 Hybrid Tour 18.5 (set to 19*) - Rocketfuel 80 Stiff (stock shaft)
Callaway X2 Hot Pro 4 Hybrid 23* - Aldila Tour Green 75 Stiff (stock shaft)
Mizuno Pro 243 - 5-PW - Modus 105 Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM6 52/56/60 - Stock Wedge Shaft
Odyssey O-Works Red 1WS with Iomic Grip
Taylormade TP5x

1 hour ago, Jpan08 said:

I hear you, but the hmt did add two cameras to the gc2 to total 4 cameras and gave all the same data points as a quad with club data unlocked. 
not saying it’s going to happen again, but it has happened in the past. 

It happened prior to the quad.  The GC2/HMT was released many many years prior to the GC Quad - it wasn't a case of cannibalizing any sales. The HMT was designed and manufactured years after the release of the GC2.

The quad was a significant form factor upgrade to the GC2/HMT. It was designed and sold as a replacement of the the GC2/HMT -  along with it being much more portable, it's much easier to align, has a much larger hitting area, and has internal barometer that can measure temperature, altitude, and son (plus many other features). 

Hardly the same thing and hardly indicative of them possibly doing it again with the GC3. Not going to happen.

Edited by gibbiesmalls

4 hours ago, radiman said:

I totally agree that it's fun to put together your own computer build, and agree that PCPartpicker.com is one of the best sites to use to spec out your build.  And the big plus is that you are not limited to the components the PC OEM manufacturer decides to use (I really do not like Dell's motherboards, they are very  limited compared to what you can get if you build your own computer).

One word of caution if you decide to do your own PC build, it will be VERY VERY difficult to pick up a high quality video card without paying scalper price at eBay because people will literally go line up at Microcenter and buy up most of the in-demand video cards (and scalp them on eBay).  This is really unfortunate and frustrating to all others who want to build out a gaming rig or a golf simulator computer.  But if you are buying a gaming tower from a PC OEM, at least you will be able to get a high quality video card at retail price and not pay the scalper premium.  

Ping G430 Max 10k 10.5* (set to 9*) - Fujikura Ventus TR 6S
Callaway XR 3 wood 15* - Project X LZ 50 stiff (stock shaft)
Taylormade Rocketballz Stage 2 Hybrid Tour 18.5 (set to 19*) - Rocketfuel 80 Stiff (stock shaft)
Callaway X2 Hot Pro 4 Hybrid 23* - Aldila Tour Green 75 Stiff (stock shaft)
Mizuno Pro 243 - 5-PW - Modus 105 Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM6 52/56/60 - Stock Wedge Shaft
Odyssey O-Works Red 1WS with Iomic Grip
Taylormade TP5x

1 hour ago, TD22057 said:

How much distance is needed to read putts for simulation play?   I'm running on a 5'x5' hitting mat right now.   I'm wondering if I could just put on that and not put more turn in front of it.

You don't need more than that.  No more than 2 feet (if that) or so and you'll be fine.

2 hours ago, Brimster said:

This is off-topic and on-topic...considering that we're on our way to 100 pages of posts in this thread.  If I navigate to WRX and go to this thread is there some way to automatically go to the last post I've read or the next post I haven't read?  I spend a lot of time scrolling through pages to get to the new stuff.  Thanks in advance!

Click on the black circle just left of the thread title. 

image.png.17860d0228424d18533207f1eb8864bb.png

• Like 1

Taylormade 2024 TP5X

16 hours ago, gibbiesmalls said:

Right!

The launch monitor doesn't care or know what you hit the ball with. Whether you hit the ball with a 7 iron or you hit the ball with the putter, if a shot is triggered the GC2/GcQuad and GC3 will apply it's world class "photometric thingy" and apply it's algorithms to simulate what the ball has would have done in real life and will continue doing so as best in class. Seems silly to me to think/doubt that the GC3 is going to be inaccurate with something the GC2 and GCQuad excel in, given that it's virtually the exact technology in all 3 LMs.

What the GC3/BLP will not have, and where I think folks are getting confused with is the Putting Analysis Module (that only GC Quad has) that allows you to effectively convert your Quad into a putting swing analysis system like a Quintic or Capto (or anything else that costs thousands of dollars - and no, I'm not saying the Quad is better or on par with say a Quintic).  The Putting Module is a $2k add-on on the quad anyway (that's what it cost me when I got it).

Why TF is this so hard for people to comprehend? Are people really this dense or can they not read? Hopefully your explanation ends the useless questions TY

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, OrangeGravy said:

Why TF is this so hard for people to comprehend? Are people really this dense or can they not read? Hopefully your explanation ends the useless questions TY

Haha a lot of people struggle to understand this stuff for some reason - I think it's a big part of the reason why launch monitors arent more popular. A lot of people just can't be bothered to read and learn about something. The first topic they get to that they arent familiar with they just say "f*** it - this thing isn't even worth it" and check out

Edited by DinoSpumoni228

11 hours ago, radiman said:

Click on the black circle just left of the thread title. 

image.png.17860d0228424d18533207f1eb8864bb.png

Thanks for this as I didn't know about the "black dot"!  But it doesn't show-up under my "Manage Followed Content" drop-down (when you click on your username).  I'm guessing these dots only appear within the main list of threads?  Seems like a miss to me. 

image.png.038ddaa5b5f7102696522c5e385aef4d.png

1 hour ago, 94noles said:

Anyone else have an issue registering their Launch Pro? After connecting to the Internet the QR code part has not come up. 

To find current registration information, swipe down to access the quick settings page and tap ABOUT, then ACCOUNT. Should you need to reach the registration page and are unable to locate the QR code, tap the ABOUT option, then WEB DASHBOARD.

Try that, its in the manual for the GC3 but should be the same i assume

9 hours ago, 94noles said:

Anyone else have an issue registering their Launch Pro? After connecting to the Internet the QR code part has not come up. 

EDIT: I ended up fixing this issue by connecting to a different wifi network (hotspot on my phone). Apparently there is a configuration or port forwarding rule on my main network that was messing with the device's ability to get data.

Same issue here. I enter my wifi info, it connects and goes straight to "MOVE BALL INTO HITTING ZONE" screen with no prompt to register.

When I pull up the Web Dashboard, it shows the device on my account, but the device itself never updates to reflect that registration or my subscription tier. I am also unable to connect to the device through FSX (wants me to enter a password and FSSPORTS doesn't work?).

lp1.jpg

lp2.jpg

Edited by tigerwars99
more deets

3 hours ago, 94noles said:

I’m just using this at my range for now.  To use FsX Pro will it connect to IPad via Bluetooth? Or does it need to connect onto the same WiFi network(problem for the range unless I use a hotspot on phone)?

I don’t have mine so I can’t confirm this but as far as I’m aware you should be connecting to the Wifi that the GC3 spits out with your iPad/iPhone… in those scenarios.