New Titleist T100

jkc2867

7 minutes ago, Cactus Jack said:

I have a set of T100s coming, and I’m currently gaming a ZX7 combo. Honestly, I prefer the feel of the ZX7. The one piece Endo forging is special. However, the T100s look better to me, I like the tech, and they performed better in most areas, especially spin. 

Agree. Slimmer blade and more comoact in the T100. I spin the crap out of everything, but another area is the T100 go through rough much better in my opinion. Really good clubs man. 

Is the T100 and T100s feel and everything the same? Never hit the T100s thought it would feel the same. 

On 9/12/2021 at 6:12 PM, MerryTex said:

I like to think the 620 CB feel better than the new T100 irons. They feel like the prior gen T100 IMHO. 

The sole grind is nice and I felt it move through the turf with ease in all irons. 

Interesting, our head pro went from 629 cb’s to T100s and said there is a HUGE difference in forgiveness

On 11/3/2021 at 2:58 PM, nsxguy said:

As I understand it the only difference between the T100 and T100s is 2* of loft.

Why do you suppose either one would be "more forgiving" than the other ?

And while I personally support any player playing any iron he/she wants for whatever reason he/she wants, if their best score is their goal the "bogey golfer" should be playing a more forgiving iron than the T100.

If you don't understand what the difference T100s have over the standard 100 then why pass comment on if they are good fit for a bogey golfer?

Edited by Golly

6 hours ago, Golly said:

If you don't understand what the difference T100s have over the standard 100 then why pass comment on if they are good fit for a bogey golfer?

The difference between the T100 and T100s is so small that Titleist themselves barely mention it. They certainly don't make a fuss over it.

The T100 is somewhat more forgiving than a blade but that doesn't make it forgiving enough for a bogey golfer. IMHO of course.

A bogey golfer is someone that averages roughly 18 over par 40% of the time.

That said, I've always said that anybody should play whatever they want for whatever reason(s) they want. tip hat.gif

• Thanks 1

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

On 7/31/2021 at 10:41 PM, texas_golfer said:

I’m also very interested in these. I’m curious if anyone knows. Is it possible to purchase heads only?  Also if I was to pre order these. Heads or full clubs.  Anyone know when I may actually receive them?

If you get fitted at Club Champion, TrueSpec, etc. you could get them with a shaft they’ll fit you into. There is also fairwayjockey.com that is a little cheaper than the fitting locations. If you get fit and then go to fairway jockey.com they would quote you for a cheaper estimate than the fitters.

I only hit the T100 a few times during my fitting.  I don't believe there were any discernable/substantial differences in the feel or forgiveness between the two.  I went with the T100s because the lofts were closer to what I was playing and because now I can use the distance help.  I have found the T100s to be surprisingly easy to hit.  Quite forgiving.  I am 8 mos out from my 4th back surgery (5 level fusion) in the last 3 yrs.  My swing is all over the place.  I find them to be quite helpful.  And they feel great out of the center.

I know that feel is subjective, but, I don't understand the people talking about them being 'clicky' feeling.  I have hit mine quite badly at times, like way out on the toe, and they obviously don't feel as good out there  ...as they should.  But, man they feel good in and around the center.  Very solid.

I just seems to have become 'cool' to say that a club felt clicky.                  ...no offense!

Titleist TSR4

Titleist TSR3

Titleist TSi3

Titleist T100s

Vokey SM9

Cameron Notchback

Can anybody comment on the turf interaction vs the last iteration? I haven't been able to test these off of grass unfortunately. I had the last version for a bit and played quite well with them HOWEVER I found a weird thing going from the 4-7 into the 8-PW. The short irons were spinny and high launching and the long irons were absolutely nuclear. I'm kind of disappointed about the channel on the T100s as I would have gone for 4-9 bent one weak and then 46 Vokey PW. I don't want to get a higher launch with the channel. I hit a high ball and so far the P7MC I'm gaming now allow me to flight shots in very low but the 4 and 5 irons don't quite have the help I'd like.

I’m a 5.3 index and was fit at the Titleist fitting centre off grass.  I found the new T100 was as good through the turf as the previous version (and I love that pre-worn leading edge - currently playing 716 CB).  I did find that I took more of a divot with the new T100 FWIW - but they got through the turf well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lordemsworth said:

I’m a 5.3 index and was fit at the Titleist fitting centre off grass.  I found the new T100 was as good through the turf as the previous version (and I love that pre-worn leading edge - currently playing 716 CB).  I did find that I took more of a divot with the new T100 FWIW - but they got through the turf well.

Don't mind some good turf just a matter if they get out well/quickly so that's good to hear. Thanks! How was the performance vs your 716 (some great irons for sure). 

Can anyone share thoughts on the P and W? I've ordered both as part of my set, but have never seen the W. Also, the P does look a bit funky to my eye, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. Does the W have a similar shape? If so, I might pick up a few Vokey's as plan "B" to ensure I don't have an OCD breakdown 🙂 . If possible, please post a few pics if you have them. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TigerInTheWoods said:

Don't mind some good turf just a matter if they get out well/quickly so that's good to hear. Thanks! How was the performance vs your 716 (some great irons for sure). 

I don’t want to say better or worse,  because the CBs were 1 degree weaker lofted, I got a little more ball speed with the T100, but the CB were still softer feeling.  The T100 were more forgiving,  I will be placing an order for the T100 - just figuring out shaft.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, lordemsworth said:

I don’t want to say better or worse,  because the CBs were 1 degree weaker lofted, I got a little more ball speed with the T100, but the CB were still softer feeling.  The T100 were more forgiving,  I will be placing an order for the T100 - just figuring out shaft.

Nice. I was unsure about the new sole config but I've noticed something super interesting in tests and I don't know if it's because of the higher bounce on toe lower on heel thing... 

If you watch pretty much any of them you'll see pushes to the right maintain lower spin and shots that get overcooked left spin up more - complete opposite to what you normally see with that pattern. I'm not sure if this is from the bounce but if it is that is a super interesting concept. 

Tested the new T100 and T100S against my 2019 T100 which have been in the bag for two years. 

In a nutshell, my delivery suits the 2019 T100 best - essentially they sit in the middle, between the new T100 which spun quite a lot more (400-500rpm) and saw half a club distance lost, and the T100S which spun less and went a half club longer (which I don’t really want or need).

The 2021 heads look better at address and they also felt just a hair softer, but the performance of the 2019 head is more suited to my delivery.

Glad I tested, was close to just ordering blind because I loved the address profile so much and figured the new T100 would be basically the same, performance-wise, as the 2019 head. But it definitely wasn’t, for me.

At the end of the session I hit a Mizuno JPX 921 Tour. It felt good but the topline was thick and boxy, the offset was huge and it spun at 7800 - for a 7 iron. 

Edited by SJP1
  • Like 1

Ping G410 LST 9* Tour AD-IZ 
TaylorMade Stealth Plus 15* AD-IZ 
Ping G430 hybrid 17* & 22*, Tour 2.0 Chrome 

Titleist T150 5-iron, AMT White 
Miura TC-201 6-9, AMT White 
Vokey SM8 46*, Vokey SM7 50*, Ping S159 54*, Vokey SM8 58* LBK
L.A.B Mezz 1, Accra

Bridgestone Tour BX

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/20/2021 at 2:39 PM, jjrussell12 said:

Well after almost 4 months, my irons have finally shipped..!

Keep us updated when they come in 

Driver:  TSR3 8 Ventus Red TR 8X 

Fairway: TSR3 16.5 Ventus Blue 8X 

Hybrid:  Sim2 Tensei Orange 90TX Or Srixon ZX 2 Iron 105X

Irons:Black T200 4-5 T100S 6-AW MMT 125TX

Wedges: MG4 54 MMT 125TX and Vokey SM9 58.04T MMT 125TX

Putter: Lajosi DD201

Pro V1X Left Dash

7 minutes ago, jjrussell12 said:

Got them in Friday, took them to the range for the first time today. They are puuure. This is my first non MB set since I was like 15. They look and feel like a blade but can feel the extra forgiveness. They feel lighter than my 620’s. Very impressed with the ease of workability. 
I’ve always been a X100 guy and decided to go PX 6.5 to try something different and they seem like a good fit. 

F7F39F03-DB48-444A-A1C8-E715702F9A81.jpeg

That’s a good looking iron. Wow 

• Like 2

Driver:  TSR3 8 Ventus Red TR 8X 

Fairway: TSR3 16.5 Ventus Blue 8X 

Hybrid:  Sim2 Tensei Orange 90TX Or Srixon ZX 2 Iron 105X

Irons:Black T200 4-5 T100S 6-AW MMT 125TX

Wedges: MG4 54 MMT 125TX and Vokey SM9 58.04T MMT 125TX

Putter: Lajosi DD201

Pro V1X Left Dash

On 12/1/2021 at 6:20 PM, jjrussell12 said:

Got them in Friday, took them to the range for the first time today. They are puuure. This is my first non MB set since I was like 15. They look and feel like a blade but can feel the extra forgiveness. They feel lighter than my 620’s. Very impressed with the ease of workability. 
I’ve always been a X100 guy and decided to go PX 6.5 to try something different and they seem like a good fit. 

Did you check the swing weight for the club that you feel lighter? I had to add lead tape to some t100 irons to make the swing weight right….

• 4 months later...

Good to hear. My game has improved drastically.. low single digits hcap now and hoping to continue bring it lower. Was fitted for T100, but part of me was thinking of going to a blade since it’d be my first time and likely last. Was looking at Miura mb 101, but hearing you say these are pure makes me think not worth it. How close to the blades is it really? Can you go into some detail? I’m torn. Should just get the T100 since that what I was fitted into but you know how is golfers are lol. 

I know it’s been a few months now since you received them.  How have you enjoyed them so far?  Any more feedback from on course play?  Appreciate it!

My set should be ready tomorrow for pick up.  Heads were epoxied today, grips on tomorrow, lofts and lies to polish it off.  Can’t wait!  This will be my first set of Titleist irons in the bag since 714 ap2’s.

Mizuno   STZ 230 9.5*   Tensei Raw White 65x

Taylormade   Tour Issue Stealth  3 HL Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5

Taylormade   Stealth+ 5w   Diamana OG Kai’Li 70x  

Wilson   Staff CB 7-P / D9 Forged 5-6  Modus 120x

Vokey   Sm8 50, Sm10 54s bent to 55, Sm10 60s all custom ground 

Bettinardi  Custom BB46

Srixon Z Star 💎  OR   Bridgestone Tour B X 

On 11/3/2021 at 1:36 PM, nsxguy said:

That's actually very interesting. Thanks.

Titleist couldn't have "hidden" that (muscle channel) much better if they tried (maybe they did ? :classic_laugh:).

Maybe I missed it but I don't see on the Titleist site where the weight of the tungsten is any different.

Nor do I see where the "s" has a muscle channel and the T100 doesn't as the article infers ("also").

And in listing features and benefits it says, for BOTH, "Exceptional forgiveness in a Tour iron".

Titleist didn't list a "muscle channel" in their description column but instead, at the bottom (under the pictures) said "Weight savings from the Muscle Channel are shifted to produce even lower CG and better launch", suggesting that the T100 also has a "muscle channel" as well; weights just in slightly different placement(s).

That said, I guess with weights placed slightly differently that would fall into the description of the heads being "different"; as in not ONLY being 2 degrees stronger.

And while I'm not surprised they do it, I think it is comforting that the stronger heads are MADE that way, not just weaker heads bent stronger.

So I guess while ol' Puffy suggests the "s" is more forgiving, I wonder if that could even be detected by a machine. I sincerely doubt it could be felt by the player - but I suppose it's possible. coffee.gif

Anyway, thanks again. 👍

90g tungsten vs 80g in standard head....not a muscle channel....it's a microslot for a smidge more face flexing in face .....filled with polymer 

I personally love them. I’ve played the previous Gen T100, i210, and P770 the past year or so. I now have a set of the new T100 with Modus 120 X in them. Absolutely love these clubs and they’ll be sticking around. Remind me of a better version of my previous favorite clubs (712 AP2). Have a buttery smooth Forgedish feel, forgiveness, great looks, and plenty of workability. I find them much better than the previous T100. Turf interaction is really great imo as well. Can’t go wrong with these. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Took my set out for the first time on Monday.  Coming from zx7, so it’s an adjustment period for looks at address, how the ball feels off the face based on the flight window, distance control and turf interaction.  When pured, they feel just like a blade.  Soft yet solid.  Very crisp.  Turf interaction has been fantastic.  I’m noticing smaller divots consistently.  They get in and out of the dirt really quick, which is helpful for me.  A little bit of distance loss from zx7, but that was expected with loft differences and spin.  I’m finding a great pairing with the new tour b x ball with these irons.  Little lower spinning ball is keeping my spin deviation in check and not spinning up on me.  Really happy so far.  Just need some more practice time and a gapping session indoors.

654A3A4F-CB07-4D69-9AF0-2F7DCB0177CD.jpeg.9f72a8f42d81ed35bd6ba525223d7df3.jpeg61F3631F-41CB-47A2-90C2-317FA4A9508F.jpeg.ae7fe78df38e425dfb7f1e233d00f079.jpeg3E976B78-2D78-4081-817F-F73B81A6BA20.jpeg.28f46822fe65cc189687288af63e5e2f.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Mizuno   STZ 230 9.5*   Tensei Raw White 65x

Taylormade   Tour Issue Stealth  3 HL Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5

Taylormade   Stealth+ 5w   Diamana OG Kai’Li 70x  

Wilson   Staff CB 7-P / D9 Forged 5-6  Modus 120x

Vokey   Sm8 50, Sm10 54s bent to 55, Sm10 60s all custom ground 

Bettinardi  Custom BB46

Srixon Z Star 💎  OR   Bridgestone Tour B X 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/10/2022 at 2:38 AM, TangoWhiskey said:

Does anyone know the T100 7 iron blade length? I’d like to compare to other clubs.

If you haven't already found it.

https://www.titleist.com/product/t100/548C%3ARH%3A3-PW.html#start=1

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

• 1 month later...
On 4/20/2022 at 4:12 PM, wam78 said:

Took my set out for the first time on Monday.  Coming from zx7, so it’s an adjustment period for looks at address, how the ball feels off the face based on the flight window, distance control and turf interaction.  When pured, they feel just like a blade.  Soft yet solid.  Very crisp.  Turf interaction has been fantastic.  I’m noticing smaller divots consistently.  They get in and out of the dirt really quick, which is helpful for me.  A little bit of distance loss from zx7, but that was expected with loft differences and spin.  I’m finding a great pairing with the new tour b x ball with these irons.  Little lower spinning ball is keeping my spin deviation in check and not spinning up on me.  Really happy so far.  Just need some more practice time and a gapping session indoors.

654A3A4F-CB07-4D69-9AF0-2F7DCB0177CD.jpeg.9f72a8f42d81ed35bd6ba525223d7df3.jpeg61F3631F-41CB-47A2-90C2-317FA4A9508F.jpeg.ae7fe78df38e425dfb7f1e233d00f079.jpeg3E976B78-2D78-4081-817F-F73B81A6BA20.jpeg.28f46822fe65cc189687288af63e5e2f.jpeg

which is more forgiving, zx7 or t100?

are head sizes comparable? 

3 minutes ago, Viper4225 said:

which is more forgiving, zx7 or t100?

are head sizes comparable? 

I’d say zx7s are slightly larger and a tad more forgiving.  The sole shape on the zx7s helps you get away if you’re a digger and come at the ball steep at impact.

• Like 1

Taylormade Qi10 - 9* Ventus Black 7x
Taylormade Qi10 - 15* Ventus Black 8X
Srixon ZX Utility MKII Graphite Design Tour AD DI 95X Hybrid
PING Blueprint S- 4-PW DG Tour Issue X100 
Titleist Vokey SM9 - 56.14F & 60.10K (LB) Wedgeworks DG TI S400
Taylormade Spider Tour X SS Proto 35.5"

Titleist Pro V1

On 4/14/2022 at 11:13 AM, rodge said:

Anyone wondering about the 48 or 50 degree gap wedge in the T100 line…just get it if you’re on the fence.  I was using an SM8 before and the T100 gw is so much better, especially if you use it mainly as a full shot wedge like myself.  Fantastic addition to the set.  

I held out and found a lefty T100 50* and your assessment is spot on!! 

• Like 1