2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Oddy RSX Milled Collection (CPO)

williaza

I'm not going to buy any of these but I just think it's so cool and another example of how GolfWRX spreads info. I'm enjoying the reveal of these secret putters as people get them. 

• Like 1

Ping G400 MAX 9° Motore Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec S

Mizuno ST-3 15° 3W Ventus Blue Velocore 70S

Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro 19° 3H HZRDUS Smoke Black 80X
                                                  PXG 0211 XCOR2 Xtreme Dark 5-GW Mitsubishi MMT 80S
Edison 55°/59° DG 115 S200 Tour Issue
Edel EAS 4.0
Camino Sunday Bag
Titleist ProV1

19 minutes ago, Tupperwolf said:

I'm not going to buy any of these but I just think it's so cool and another example of how GolfWRX spreads info. I'm enjoying the reveal of these secret putters as people get them. 

Yeah I’ve been on the fence, leaning towards no.  Been looking for more of a 9 style head but damn these look cool. 

24 minutes ago, Tupperwolf said:

Agreed. It was a nice find by the original posters.  I think it was definitely a warehouse stock of tour putters left blank so they could mill in whatever sight lines pros wanted. The unreleased #2 convinced me. Super cool find! 

8 hours ago, Mugnut said:

Not all my pics, but same as putters I have owned (waiting on RSX #2) just to give a comparison view of Anser 2 variations and where the Ody #2 fits in:

F9130238-EE3F-4B92-9B7A-E1694B49A22D.jpeg

Are the bumpers on the Odyssey #2 really that big compared to the other putters or is it more just angle from the pictures? Thanks for posting this. CPO is super quick with shipping so I'll have mine tomorrow, really looking forward to it!

Well GolfWRX has cost me money once again. Have zero need for it, but after reading this thread I couldn't resist ordering the #2. 

• Haha 1

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5° | Tensei Pro Orange 60 S

Taylormade BRNR Mini 13.5° | Hzrdus Yellow 75 6.5

Callaway AI Smoke TD 18° | Tensei AV White 85 S

Callaway XR Pro 23° | Tour AD DI 95 X
Maltby TS1 IM/TS4 5-PW | Dynamic Gold S300
Cleveland RTX 6: 50° 56° 60° | KBS Tour Custom 120 S Black 

Toulon First Run Memphis

6 hours ago, Mg3snc said:

Are the bumpers on the Odyssey #2 really that big compared to the other putters or is it more just angle from the pictures? 

I think it's mostly the differing angle; the biggest things that stick out are the no-notch, the tail seems longer and less acutely angled, and the top line seems to have more of an upsweep to the toe. 

Closer in spirit to an Anser 2, and less blocky than the Newport 2 or San Diego. Definitely more flowing lines ...

12 hours ago, Mugnut said:

I think it's mostly the differing angle; the biggest things that stick out are the no-notch, the tail seems longer and less acutely angled, and the top line seems to have more of an upsweep to the toe. 

Closer in spirit to an Anser 2, and less blocky than the Newport 2 or San Diego. Definitely more flowing lines ...

Got it, thanks for the reply. I had a Nike method and I got worried it would be more of a chunker like that thing. Love the putter, just too beefy in my opinion for a anser 2 style putter. 

Looking forward to getting it, but I don't think it'll be here in time for the round today unfortunately. 

Just got my #2 today. Wow. Impressed with it. Havent gotten to play with it but it's basically exactly what I was looking for in an anser style head. Small with smooth curves and the straight shoulders. Debating if I want to get someone to Mill a sight line on it or if I should just leave it naked. Came with matching headcover too which was a bonus!

• Like 1

RSX #2 arrived. Naked, but we've come to expect that from this batch of CPO putters. Chrome shaft + correct headcover (neither was mentioned in CPO listing).

This is a really nice take on a kinda Anser 2/Newport 2 theme. Face feels very firm and clicky - which is not your usual takeaway with an Ody putter. Head is definitely light-ish, but I've been alternating between a Toulon San Diego and an Austin all summer both at 34" with S20 weights installed (so like 367 gm head i think) so I'm used to a heavier head. This feels more like a sub-350 gm head but it rolls nicely. 

I suspect as others have mentioned that the Gripmaster leather grip is probably too mushy for a face this firm, so might throw something firmer on either the 7 or the 2 to see what that feels like. These RSXs were definitely an unexpected score for putter junkies!

Attaching a close up rear-view. Toe/top line is definitely a little upswept vs standard Anser 2/Newport 2 iterations, and I for one really like this shape. Rolls right where I point it (in comparison, the RSX 7 in a double bend config throws everything a little right unless I really forward press it).

8DFEB98F-454F-40AD-BA56-565AC259A50E.jpeg

Edited by Mugnut
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Mugnut said:

RSX #2 arrived. Naked, but we've come to expect that from this batch of CPO putters. Chrome shaft + correct headcover (neither was mentioned in CPO listing).

This is a really nice take on a kinda Anser 2/Newport 2 theme. Face feels very firm and clicky - which is not your usual takeaway with an Ody putter. Head is definitely light-ish, but I've been alternating between a Toulon San Diego and an Austin all summer both at 34" with S20 weights installed (so like 367 gm head i think) so I'm used to a heavier head. This feels more like a sub-350 gm head but it rolls nicely. 

I suspect as others have mentioned that the Gripmaster leather grip is probably too mushy for a face this firm, so might throw something firmer on either the 7 or the 2 to see what that feels like. These RSXs were definitely an unexpected score for putter junkies!

Attaching a close up rear-view. Toe/top line is definitely a little upswept vs standard Anser 2/Newport 2 iterations, and I for one really like this shape. Rolls right where I point it (in comparison, the RSX 7 in a double bend config throws everything a little right unless I really forward press it).

8DFEB98F-454F-40AD-BA56-565AC259A50E.jpeg

Mine comes today. That’s a great looking take on the 2 shape. I’m excited - thanks to everyone who discovered this. 

Received my #2 today. Due to injury, it will be a bit before I can find out what it feels like. But first impressions couldn’t be any better. This thing looks perfect. I haven’t measured it yet, but it seems to be more compact from heel to toe than most Anser 2 style heads. I’m normally a sight line kind of guy, but this thing naked just looks so freaking good. 

• Like 1

Toulon First Run Memphis

35 minutes ago, Puttersaurus Rex said:

I hopped on the #2 train, but was not as lucky.  The grip was a little worn, and there is a decent scratch in the bottom of the putter.  Not the condition that these others appear to be in.  Going back to Cali...er Callaway.

You could always reach out to them and send them pictures. I have done that in the past and they have sent a new one no issue, just gave to return the existing one. 

2 hours ago, Puttersaurus Rex said:

I hopped on the #2 train, but was not as lucky.  The grip was a little worn, and there is a decent scratch in the bottom of the putter.  Not the condition that these others appear to be in.  Going back to Cali...er Callaway.

There were ~$20-30 price differences on some of the RSXs incl the #2's. So maybe some were used and that explains it? Still, the #2 is a never-went-to-retail model, so it's weird it would be dinged up...

The #7 I got was brand new, but had a couple imperfections (nothing fatal). Could've passed for a factory-second (mostly a slightly messy job at the hosel/neck join). That said, I think I found a solution to convert it to a flow neck from the double bend, and will post pics if I go forward with that.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Mugnut said:

There were ~$20-30 price differences on some of the RSXs incl the #2's. So maybe some were used and that explains it? Still, the #2 is a never-went-to-retail model, so it's weird it would be dinged up...

The #7 I got was brand new, but had a couple imperfections (nothing fatal). Could've passed for a factory-second (mostly a slightly messy job at the hosel/neck join). That said, I think I found a solution to convert it to a flow neck from the double bend, and will post pics if I go forward with that.

I even paid the higher amount to avoid this.  I was just late to the party, and must have received the lower grade putter.  I do not see this putter making my rotation or collection after having it in hand. 

Cool model, but I am going to search for something else.  Thank you, OP!

Have Fun - Ready Golf - Repair Divots/Marks - FORE

Mine came and the #2 shape is fantastic. It really looks a lot more “Bettinardi” than Scotty or Ping. Higher toe and hosel more

toward the center feels Bettinardi-like to me. Such a cool putter for under 200 bucks - I grabbed a second in 34 in to have a choice of length handy. If you’re on the fence for the #2 or #1 I’d go for it. Mine came flawless and with new original matching cover. 

• Like 3

Speaking of rareish putters, the CPO ebay store has some JDM/Japan Toulon Austin's but theyre not marked as JDM: https://www.ebay.com/itm/363325825079

Full face milling and the tour satin finish - there's no pic on the auction so you can't tell. I just got mine in today.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

AITD MAX  10.5° + UB6 AIMAX 16.5° + 21° + 24° + UB6+7+8 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / JWS RW + MODUS120 / SPDRL-NCK+ CT 120

5 hours ago, MattUtah said:

It really looks a lot more “Bettinardi” than Scotty or Ping. Higher toe and hosel more

toward the center feels Bettinardi-like to me

Funny you say that - because I think the feel is very similar to an older BB-1 I had for a while with the honeycomb milled face. Very firm. Very demanding. Felt great out of the sweet spot though. It was beached, which is probably a similar effect to the sound chamber on the RSX.

The sweet spot on these RSX's feels and sounds great, but I would definitely not call them forgiving at all; to my ear/hands you get away from the sweet spot (which I do more than I should) and you definitely feel/hear it immediately. And they are firm. Much firmer feeling than a Toulon for instance.

2 hours ago, third-times-a-charm said:

Speaking of rareish putters, the CPO ebay store has some JDM/Japan Toulon Austin's but theyre not marked as JDM: https://www.ebay.com/itm/363325825079

Full face milling and the tour satin finish - there's no pic on the auction so you can't tell. I just got mine in today.

Naked or with alignment?

4 hours ago, third-times-a-charm said:

Any chance you can toss up some pics?  Please…. 😀 

• Like 2

I can’t wait to get a matte black shaft in this #2 with some black gloss paint fill. Going to look sick. 

Toulon First Run Memphis