Monte’s new Broom Force

handdoc

7 hours ago, TheDeanAbides said:

Come back and let us know when you've had 30 range sessions. 🙂

6 hours ago, MonteScheinblum said:

As some have said, you can’t measure success in golf over a range session or two.  Whether it’s broom force, GG pivot or any other method of creating a good swing.  It is a recipe to NEVER improve.  

Long term improvement and some level of consistency in golf is neither linear or fast.  Now it’s great to have some initial successes and if what you’re doing is good for you, you should.  However, when you make a change, if you don’t expect some varied results with any kind of change, you’re asking to maintain your current level.

34 minutes ago, ferrispgm said:

Anyone who doesn't take this advice is doing themselves a real disservice.  Once I learned to embrace the process of struggle/success and accept it will take me a year to get it, I started improving.  Case in point....last year broke 70 for the first time...here were my rounds leading up to it (approx):  76 73 80 78 72 80 66, 68, 68 70.  For me, I look for improvement in each round...no matter how small...even if it's 1 more good shot a round or my misses are generally closer or only 1 way etc...doesn't mean it will be reflected in your score that round but eventually it will be. 

Agree completely with all of the above.

What I have found is a BroomForce drill followed by 10 full shots trying to use the feels leads to very good contact. Impact is closer to the sweet spot which is a big deal for me. I get a very high ball flight which is what I like with my 7i. The ball tends to leak right on me though with few true fades, start right and curve right. I have started to look at my ball position i.e. move it forward.

I have also started to play around with posture. I noticed the guy in the BroomForce lessons bend forward more than I do, so I started to try to have my arms hang closer to my toes and it seems to help. I need to start looking at this more since I'm in the middle of losing a fair amount of weight, so I'm sure that will have an impact on things as well. 

I'll keep at it and good things will happen eventually. There is a lot of room for improvement in my swing, so I expect as one thing gets better, it'll start to reveal the next issue or compensation that needs to be changed. The flashes happen on the course and sometimes it's bad when an iron goes 15 yards long but who cares, contact was superb for a change!

• Like 1

Have used the NTC swing for about a year now and recently bought the Broom Force videos.  I like the countertop drill the best and found that it helps me with Cast A.  Swing speed is about the same, but smash factor has improved, so distance is better.  Looking forward to continuing work with this.  Like others have said, it will take a while to incorporate so that it’s part of the swing.

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond
PXG 0211 (15)

PXG 0211 (19)
PXG Gen 6 0311P 5-AW
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 54, 58
Seemore Mini Giant DF

Interesting byproduct of the Two Justins. I’ve struggled with the second shift in S/R/S/R. In dropping the club to the floor, I’ve noticed the only way I properly position it is through proper weight transfer at the top. Can’t wait to spend time with the drill at the range. 

Doing the slap shot before shots yesterday as part of the preshot routine did wonders for quieting my right hips. 

I’m sure part of it is my specific problem (firing the right hip but failing to transfer weight when I hold the right hip), but this seems to be his best work yet. 

Edited by Cmart050
  • Like 1

Funny...I'm working on getting my pressure to move more down at transition...decided to buy and watch broomforce because I just enjoy watching instruction videos...decided what the hell i'll try it just to do it and see what happens...did it one day on the range and played the following week.  Made a few swings where i unintentionally noticed myself applying speed like what felt like around impact and the ball launched with driver...actually hit it into the water that was 330 out....longest i've hit in over a year.  As much reading and watching golf swing stuff as I have done and I never fully understood what was meant by applying speed later...for some reason, I was always thinking it was arms which I should have known better.....It's the body rotation that fires harder later...Broomforce finally made that connection for me.

• Like 3

Driver: Sim2 with Ventus Blue 6x
FWY: Sim 2 Ti w/ TenseiAV Raw Blue 75x
Hybrid: PXG 0317x 17* with Fuji Pro 2.0 85x
Irons: PXG 0211ST w/KBS Tour X
54*: Titleist SM6 S grind black finish
58*: New Level Golf SPN Forged M Grind
Putter: Toulon San Diego

He must have seen my video preparing for the WLDC😜

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUaHOEmFhwa/?utm_medium=copy_link

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

All "tips" are welcome. Instruction not desired. 

The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.

BERTRAND RUSSELL

Was only able to catch the last 25 minutes or so of Monte's IG Live last night. Mostly the question and answer portion. But man, what a lot of good information. And not necessarily relating directly to the NTC or Broom Force. Just some simple things that really resonated for a high capper like myself. Looking forward to taking the time to watch the full video. Thanks Monte!! 

43 minutes ago, BigTerp1524 said:

Was only able to catch the last 25 minutes or so of Monte's IG Live last night. Mostly the question and answer portion. But man, what a lot of good information. And not necessarily relating directly to the NTC or Broom Force. Just some simple things that really resonated for a high capper like myself. Looking forward to taking the time to watch the full video. Thanks Monte!! 

Any way to watch this after the fact?

I am a little confused. I have both the NTC and Broomforce.

In NTC the cast A to 8 o'clock has the toe of the club pointed up'ish starting to turn over.

In Broomforce, the countertop drill you have the club resting on the bench, at around 8 o'clock, but the face is pointing at the ball almost toe square.

So which is it? Do I just do the one that feels the most weird? Or is it that the Cast A from NTC happens around chest height, and by the time you are at waist height you are more in line with the countertop position.

Thanks. I must send in a lesson to Monte soon.

Daz

Edited by Dazgore

Played my first post broomforce training round yesterday...I'm probably a 13-15 handicap who has never broken 80 and for years I've been fighting a hook.  Broomforce is perfect for me because I'm a "handle puller" (as Monte used to call us) and I've always tried to pull the club from the top of the swing by starting with my hips and lower body.  Four sessions in and I'm now mostly hitting a fade and for the first time in forever (frozen reference) I can see the club dropping in the slot instead of a violent transition that starts with the cupping of the left wrist.

I started my round with three birdies in a row...my previous best was two birdies in a round.  I ended the day with four birdies and four pars.  Still shot 87 due to 2 really bad blowup holes but I just felt so in control for the majority of my round.  Did get the sh**ks on 18 and put 3 in a lake but I attribute that to me losing focus and being tired.

I'm sold, this set of drills and these swing thoughts really work for me...thanks Monte!

• Like 3

I’m happy to be able to finally post my own good story in relation to this after months and months of frustration. 

I have been trying NTC for a while now with some limited success on the range that never translated to on the course. Shoot…I couldn’t even get it to translate to a full swing on the range but only in drills where I saw how it could work. 

I’d taken some time off of playing from tweaking my back and went out late yesterday for an extremely casual round since there was no one on the course, gimmes, mulligans, multiple balls…that kind of day. 

After watching the broom force IG thing yesterday I decided why not just try it, hit one ball with my normal swing and the other trying the broom force thing. To my surprise, the broom force attempt (I’m probably doing it wrong but it worked for me) produced nice straight shots that, despite feeling like I was swinging much slower were going just as far or further than normal. My only thought was to take it back normal, slight pause, and then slam the face of the club into the ground behind my right knee and give absolutely no thought to pivot, weight shift, anything. Literally tried to miss the ball completely. 

Holy cow, I hit some of the best shots of my life. Was throwing dead straight darts at pins with no curve and even hit my longest drive ever on a hole, followed by a pure sand wedge 8 feet to the hole (often go driver 7 iron because my weak slice leaves me too much in). I actually was missing fairways because my typical alignment on the left side to account for the curve was unneeded and I would just hi it straight into the left rough. 

All this to say that if you haven’t had success yet, don’ give up. Try out the different feels. I’m sure what I’m actually doing is nothing like I described but the craziest thing was how simple it was how and how little I was doing to try and hit it. Gold, Monte. Gold! 

Pretty much played my last game of the season now. I have NTC and broomforce ready to implement ready for next season.

Had a 160 pin with tailwind yesterday. .... It was 15th hole and I tried to feel the no turn backswing and that I was chucking the club down before doing anything else,  took 9 iron so it's a forgiving club.   I think it's the first time I've felt the difference in the swing...... Something different in the feel of the clubhead I definitely felt the turn was the engine and the arms had already done their thing.... I sensed a longer low point.

It pitched 8 ft from flag, but how it felt was the best feeling. 

• Like 1

I've been implementing NTC and broomforce methods/feelings for only about a week now. Broomforce drills have given me for the first time what a proper swing should feel like... so thank you Monte. I have a long way to go, but think I do think this is connecting many dots.  

I signed up though for this forum, as I wanted advice on which drills to focus on first. Were they designed to use them all and just rotate through? Or is it better to just focus on a couple drills for a set period of time? I find the basic drills, countertop, and sledgehammer to feel pretty natural. I find the Two Justin's and Slapshot to be much more difficult. Is this a case where it is best to focus a bit more on the drills that don't come as naturally? (trust me I'm not complaining that it feels weird as I know that is not the appropriate response 😊

On 10/2/2021 at 12:57 AM, Dazgore said:

In NTC the cast A to 8 o'clock has the toe of the club pointed up'ish starting to turn over.

In Broomforce, the countertop drill you have the club resting on the bench, at around 8 o'clock, but the face is pointing at the ball almost toe square.

So which is it? Do I just do the one that feels the most weird? Or is it that the Cast A from NTC happens around chest height, and by the time you are at waist height you are more in line with the countertop position.

Daz

I can tell you what has worked beautifully for me with NTC.  From a good top position, I cast (unlock the vertical wrist hinge) parallel along my lead arm.  Now, I don't just throw it willy-nilly.  I use that move to "find" the downswing plane.  Through practice, I know what the downswing plane "feels" like.  I "feel" it, "visualize" it, etc...but I know where that position is and use that move to get there.   Cast A is a move to shallow the club and get it on the downswing plane and square to the plane as early as possible.  It keeps width and a wide arc.  From there I "feel/visualize" that I'm just throwing the club along the plane past impact for as long as possible.  It's been the easiest swing concept that I've ever incorporated...but I assume that will be different for different people.  

Now, I don't know if any of that is technically correct...but the proof has been in the pudding for me.  Almost unbelievably so.  

I, as well, don't understand the club face positions in the Broomforce drills.  

• Thanks 1

On 10/1/2021 at 11:57 PM, Dazgore said:

Daz

You want the face pointing at the ball when the shaft is parallel with the ground. For a righty, if the right wrist extends (bends back) and the left wrist unloads the vertical hinge you have a square to closed clubface.

Toe up or back means the face is wide open.

Edited by BeenWild
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, BeenWild said:

You want the face pointing at the ball shaft is parallel with the ground. For a right, if the right wrist extends (bends back) and the left wrist unloads the vertical hinge you have a square to closed clubface.

Toe up or back means the face is wide open.

10 hours ago, JetPilot said:

I can tell you what has worked beautifully for me with NTC.  From a good top position, I cast (unlock the vertical wrist hinge) parallel along my lead arm.  Now, I don't just throw it willy-nilly.  I use that move to "find" the downswing plane.  Through practice, I know what the downswing plane "feels" like.  I "feel" it, "visualize" it, etc...but I know where that position is and use that move to get there.   Cast A is a move to shallow the club and get it on the downswing plane and square to the plane as early as possible.  It keeps width and a wide arc.  From there I "feel/visualize" that I'm just throwing the club along the plane past impact for as long as possible.  It's been the easiest swing concept that I've ever incorporated...but I assume that will be different for different people.  

Now, I don't know if any of that is technically correct...but the proof has been in the pudding for me.  Almost unbelievably so.  

I, as well, don't understand the club face positions in the Broomforce drills.  

Take a look at the lesson with Alex around 3:00 mark. Monte has him do the 2 Justin's drill. First, Monte puts him position with a square club face on the ground. Next, Alex tries to recreate it and the clubface is open.

At the 4:00 mark, Monte demonstrates the correct clubface position for this drill. 

Think leading edge is flush with the ground with equal pressure.

When releasing the vertical hinge, the right wrist is still in extension. That's my key to keeping the club face square to closed.

Edited by BeenWild
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, BeenWild said:

Take a look at the lesson with Alex around 3:00 mark. Monte has him do the 2 Justin's drill. First, Monte puts him position with a square club face on the ground. Next, Alex tries to recreate it and the clubface is open.

At the 4:00 mark, Monte demonstrates the correct clubface position for this drill. 

When releasing the vertical hinge, the right wrist is still in extension. That's my key to keeping the club face square to closed.

Excellent 

• Like 2

All "tips" are welcome. Instruction not desired. 

The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.

BERTRAND RUSSELL

5 hours ago, BeenWild said:

I see that now....the club face is square to the path when it's placed on the table.  I agree about squaring the club face during Cast A.  If you get this right...everything else happens automatically.  After Cast A....I just let it rip.  I don't really thing about the club face from that point on.  

• Like 1

After doing some of the drills I hit little wedges okay,Six iron okay,driver okay,three wood sucked could not get it airborne,switched to heaven wood and it went airborne.I might add when I said okay on some of my clubs they were really good and were really straight.
I felt I did pretty well after the first outing….Thanks Monte.the video was well worth the money.

I really struggled with cast A in the NTC. My bloody right shoulder always initiates the downswing no matter what I try. I can get it to work in slow mo but full speed is a different story. 

Ive tried Justin Roses feel vs real drill in the past so hoping Broomforce will help finally solve my woes.  

I currently play off 5 so trying to make a change is tough going but I’m determined this winter