New Callaway Chrome Soft XLS 22 Ball

youngwaldo

49 minutes ago, TJ83 said:

I think it might be last years version looking at the box lol. I have a tournament this weekend so I'll stick with the left dash because I know that ball already. I'll have to check the shop I went to to see if they have the new model coming in and try that one. I really love the left dash but wish it felt better off my putter and perhaps launched a little lower, but im nit picking haha. Perhaps the left dot is the ball I'm looking for but im not paying the ridiculous prices for those things, helpfully they bring it to retail! 

Yeah, on the Titleist website, the left dot has been outta stock for a few months now.  I'm pretty sure Titleist is mass producing them as we speak to meet demand.  The left dot def doesn't sound like the ball I would fit into.  And yes, you should stick to the ball that you know already for your tournament. 

• Like 2

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

Team, thanks for the helpful info in this thread, answered a lot of the questions I have given that testing is pretty useless in the Midwest right now. Just signed up for 4 doz CSX LS.

I have been a long-time ProV1x player because I love the half wedge / greenside spin and firmer putting feel, but realistically for full shots I'm more of a ProV1 or left dash profile. I am optimistic that the CSX LS is going to keep the short game performance and give me some nice trajectory and wind benefits on full shots. Maybe even a few more yards!

• Like 3

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎 9* @8, Diamana BF 60
Titleist TS3 15*, EvenFlow White T1100 75
Titleist TS2 HY 19* @18, EvenFlow White 90
Titleist 716 T-MB 3i PX 
Titleist T100 '21 4-9 PX
Vokey SM8 Jet Black 46.10, 50.08 @51
Cleveland RTX6 Tour Rack 57*
Bettinardi BB-8W

Chrome Soft X LS

Reporting back:

Bought a box of 2022 Chromesoft X Ls.

I absolutely love this ball, it has the perfect amount of firmness. Not as harsh as the left dash. It even sounds different, lower pitched. It has lowered my trajectory. Spin from 150 out is about the same as left dash. Greenside, 130 and in it spins more and launches lower (for me at least). Holds its line great in the wind. Cover durability is as good as anything else, and the triple track is one less thing for me to do with my sharpie haha.

I will be switching eventually, gonna give the left dash a go next round, then another with csx ls then make the decision. 

• Like 1

On 3/9/2022 at 9:21 AM, eagle2838 said:

Team, thanks for the helpful info in this thread, answered a lot of the questions I have given that testing is pretty useless in the Midwest right now. Just signed up for 4 doz CSX LS.

I have been a long-time ProV1x player because I love the half wedge / greenside spin and firmer putting feel, but realistically for full shots I'm more of a ProV1 or left dash profile. I am optimistic that the CSX LS is going to keep the short game performance and give me some nice trajectory and wind benefits on full shots. Maybe even a few more yards!

Just remember that the CSX LS will launch lower than either ProV1x or left dash.  It launches just a hair higher than the AVX IMO.  If you're a high launch and spin player like I am, you will love the CSX LS.

Edited by phizzy30
  • Like 1

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

On 3/11/2022 at 10:16 PM, TJ83 said:

Reporting back:

Bought a box of 2022 Chromesoft X Ls.

I absolutely love this ball, it has the perfect amount of firmness. Not as harsh as the left dash. It even sounds different, lower pitched. It has lowered my trajectory. Spin from 150 out is about the same as left dash. Greenside, 130 and in it spins more and launches lower (for me at least). Holds its line great in the wind. Cover durability is as good as anything else, and the triple track is one less thing for me to do with my sharpie haha.

I will be switching eventually, gonna give the left dash a go next round, then another with csx ls then make the decision. 

Can't go wrong with either ball and like you said the only noticeable difference was that the CSX LS launches lower.  As a result I have to give it the slight edge over the left dash when it comes to a wind ball. 

• Like 1

Putted and chipped with the new "X" ball yesterday. I played the last model x ball. I like the ffel of the new ball but what I really noticed was more spin on my chips. It is looking promising, next up LM test...

• Like 1

PING G430 10K Max 9 degree (digitally lofted) DI VF 6X tipped .5". 44.5" D5 

G430 17 HY DI HY 85 X

TSR2 21 HY DI HY 85 X

4 THRU PW King Tour KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 48 "F" KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 54 "F" S400

VOKEY 60 "V" S400

JAILBIRD CRUISER 38"

HOOFER LITE BLACK CAMO 

2024 TP5X (as of now)

On 11/30/2021 at 4:41 PM, Wardonation said:

I finally found my ball after the 15 Prov1X. I have been searching over and over and settled on the 21 CSX. I hope they do not mess with it too much, fixing the cover though would be great. The ball spins enough for me and flights my wedges lower which for a picker is awesome.

I really liked the 15 ProV1x…I’ve played the Left Dash ProV1x the last Twp years and it’s similar to the 15 model. Have you played the Left Dash if so how does it compare to the CSX?

• Driver - Ping G430 SFT 10.5 Graphite Design VR 5 R1
  • Wood - Taylormade Sim TI 5 wood 19* (17.5) Diamana 65R
  • Wood - Callaway Epic Speed 7 wood 21* HZRDUS 60-5.5
  • Hybrid - Ping G430 22* R 
  • Hybrid - Ping G425 26* @ 25* R
  • Irons - Ping i210 6-PW Modus 105 R 
  • Wedge - Ping Glide 2.0 50* AWT 
  • Wedge - Callaway  MD3 Milled 56/10 TT Elevate MPH 95 R
  • Putter - Odyssey White Hot OG #7 Bird 34” 
  • Ball - Maxfli Tour 

3 hours ago, Sparty4202 said:

I really liked the 15 ProV1x…I’ve played the Left Dash ProV1x the last Twp years and it’s similar to the 15 model. Have you played the Left Dash if so how does it compare to the CSX?

I have I would say two different balls. left dash firmer, less spin higher flight and touch "clicker"

G430 17 HY DI HY 85 X

TSR2 21 HY DI HY 85 X

VOKEY 54 "F" S400

VOKEY 60 "V" S400

JAILBIRD CRUISER 38"

HOOFER LITE BLACK CAMO 

2024 TP5X (as of now)

Just now, Wardonation said:

I have I would say two different balls. left dash firmer, less spin higher flight and touch "clicker"

I am 50 now and had some injuries so I am not as fast and do not spin the ball like I used to. I am a picker and the flight with full wedges with the CSX is so much better for me (lower and spinnier).

• Like 1

G430 17 HY DI HY 85 X

TSR2 21 HY DI HY 85 X

VOKEY 54 "F" S400

VOKEY 60 "V" S400

JAILBIRD CRUISER 38"

HOOFER LITE BLACK CAMO 

2024 TP5X (as of now)

On 3/13/2022 at 6:01 AM, phizzy30 said:

Just remember that the CSX LS will launch lower than either ProV1x or left dash.  It launches just a hair higher than the AVX IMO.  If you're a high launch and spin player like I am, you will love the CSX LS.

Yup, this is exactly what I’m looking for, lower launch should be ideal. 👊 

Will report back once we are past mush season…could be a little while

• Like 1

Titleist 716 T-MB 3i PX 
Titleist T100 '21 4-9 PX
Bettinardi BB-8W

Chrome Soft X LS

On 3/17/2022 at 10:26 PM, eagle2838 said:

Yup, this is exactly what I’m looking for, lower launch should be ideal. 👊 

Will report back once we are past mush season…could be a little while

I’ve played the ProV1x left dash since it came out…played yesterday testing the CS XLS against the LD and here’s my take:

* CS LS is slightly lower launch than the LD it is a little more penetrating flight off the driver than LD, but not be much. 
* Iron flight was about the same as the LD but it did seem to spin a little more than the LD off the irons (nothing like the ProV1x…which is too much for me).

* CS LS is softer off the irons and putter….definitely noticed a difference on the greens.

* Durability was the same as the LD.

I think the CS LS can be an option to the LD for me, the only other ball I may consider is the Bridgestone RX.

• Like 4
  • Driver - Ping G430 SFT 10.5 Graphite Design VR 5 R1
  • Wood - Taylormade Sim TI 5 wood 19* (17.5) Diamana 65R
  • Wood - Callaway Epic Speed 7 wood 21* HZRDUS 60-5.5
  • Hybrid - Ping G430 22* R 
  • Hybrid - Ping G425 26* @ 25* R
  • Irons - Ping i210 6-PW Modus 105 R 
  • Wedge - Ping Glide 2.0 50* AWT 
  • Wedge - Callaway  MD3 Milled 56/10 TT Elevate MPH 95 R
  • Putter - Odyssey White Hot OG #7 Bird 34” 
  • Ball - Maxfli Tour 

My ball flight is noticeably lower vs. the LD with the driver. I find I'm coming up a little short with putts with the CSX LS vs the LD. It just comes off a bit slower than I'm used to. Neither is much of an issue and an easy adjustment. 

Other than that, they perform very similar for me.  Both great balls. 

• Like 2

Callaway AI Smoke TD 9 Mitsubishi Kai'li white 70TX 

Titleist TSI 16.5 Mitsubishi PD 80TX

Titleist TSR 2 24 Fujikura Ventus Black 9x

Ping i230 U-4 x100

Ping s159 55 H x100

Vokey LBK s400 

• 2 months later...

It has been a while, but reporting back now that I finally have some playing and tournament experience with the CSX LS: I really, really like this ball. Coming from the ProV1x I have picked up a few yards with the driver, which is nice but was not my biggest priority. Irons are launching with a much more penetrating flight and probably 3-4 yards longer per club, and importantly I am doing this while still hitting the flight windows I like. After switching irons late last year my flight was a touch high and spinny, and this is now fixed.

I like and with the ability to manipulate ballflight in ways I was struggling to do with the lower spin Titliest offerings. Half wedge and chipping performance is great, the spin comes on a bit differently (earlier and gradual vs. a more violent stop after a couple hops with the ProV1x), but overall stopping performance is pretty comparable. This is a huge advantage vs. the ProV1 and was the primary reason I still played the X, so problem solved there. 

I am still dialing in my full and 3/4 wedge distances as the CSX LS definitely carries further on those shots, but I'll get used to those over time.

Minor annoyance that the alignment text is positioned the other way around (facing leftys), but obviously I knew that ahead of time and no big deal at all. Overall, I could not be more satisfied. 

• Like 1

Titleist 716 T-MB 3i PX 
Titleist T100 '21 4-9 PX
Bettinardi BB-8W

Chrome Soft X LS

I like what I am reading about the CSX LS. One round with the Left Dash and loved it, just a bit too high of a launch for me. I’ll be trying the CSX LS next round. 

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

7 hours ago, OspreyCI said:

I like what I am reading about the CSX LS. One round with the Left Dash and loved it, just a bit too high of a launch for me. I’ll be trying the CSX LS next round. 

Agree on left dash. Too high launching off the irons and driver for me. Chrome Soft X LS is much better and lower for me. 

• Thanks 1

Driver: Callaway AI Smoke TD 8 degree w/ Ventus TR 6X
Fairway: TaylorMade RBZ Tour 14.5 w/Tensei CK White 70TX

Hybrid: TaylorMade Rescue 11 18 degree X flex, Adams Idea Pro 23 X flex
Irons: New Level 623 CB w/Tour Issue DG X100 5-PW
Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zip Core 52, 58 KBS 610 S+ 
Putter: Makefield
Ball: 2024 Chrome Tour X

• 3 weeks later...

3 rounds with this ball and it is not for me. Do not like the short game with it and it is just too firm feeling. Experiment over. 

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

I've been playing this ball for a few months now and I do really like it. However - I think I prefer the Bridgestone BX and Pro V1 simply for feel and short game spin. The CSXLS is very long and good in the wind though. 

• Like 2

Driver: Callaway AI Smoke TD 8 degree w/ Ventus TR 6X
Fairway: TaylorMade RBZ Tour 14.5 w/Tensei CK White 70TX

Hybrid: TaylorMade Rescue 11 18 degree X flex, Adams Idea Pro 23 X flex
Irons: New Level 623 CB w/Tour Issue DG X100 5-PW
Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zip Core 52, 58 KBS 610 S+ 
Putter: Makefield
Ball: 2024 Chrome Tour X

On 3/19/2022 at 2:43 PM, scottaz said:

My ball flight is noticeably lower vs. the LD with the driver. I find I'm coming up a little short with putts with the CSX LS vs the LD. It just comes off a bit slower than I'm used to. Neither is much of an issue and an easy adjustment. 

Other than that, they perform very similar for me.  Both great balls. 

I think I stated before, but you just confirmed it.  The CSX LS does flight lower than the LD, especially driver.  I saw a slightly lower flight with irons as well for me but with a hair more spin.  It's a great wind ball and very useful to counter the Santa Ana winds here during the fall/winter.  I'm currently rocking the Z-Star XV and left dash.  Ball is carrying miles in the dry summer heat here in SoCal and running out like crazy since there hasn't been any significant amount of rain in months. 

• Like 1

On 6/26/2022 at 1:01 PM, Pnwpingi210 said:

Anyone find this ball hard to putt with?  I’ve used it twice and both times I’ve had 5 more putts per round than my average

No issues with putting here.  Then again, I'm used to putting with rocks and prefer the firm feel. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bryanwmilburn said:

I've been playing this ball for a few months now and I do really like it. However - I think I prefer the Bridgestone BX and Pro V1 simply for feel and short game spin. The CSXLS is very long and good in the wind though. 

100% agree with you. Yesterday I actually switched to the ProV1 on the back nine and instantly gained control back and scored much better. 

• Like 1

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

2 hours ago, phizzy30 said:

I think I stated before, but you just confirmed it.  The CSX LS does flight lower than the LD, especially driver.  I saw a slightly lower flight with irons as well for me but with a hair more spin.  It's a great wind ball and very useful to counter the Santa Ana winds here during the fall/winter.  I'm currently rocking the Z-Star XV and left dash.  Ball is carrying miles in the dry summer heat here in SoCal and running out like crazy since there hasn't been any significant amount of rain in months. 

Yup, with driver especially.  There are two holes at my club I play the left dash right over a tree off the tee and it's never an issue. The LS catches the top of them every time. 

I really like both a lot but unless it's windy, the left dash is still the better overall ball for me. I think the xv has more similar ball flight to the -dash but I would need to play it more regularly to get used to the action with full wedges. 

• Like 1

Callaway AI Smoke TD 9 Mitsubishi Kai'li white 70TX 

Titleist TSI 16.5 Mitsubishi PD 80TX

Titleist TSR 2 24 Fujikura Ventus Black 9x

Ping i230 U-4 x100

Ping s159 55 H x100

Vokey LBK s400 

Played the LS on Monday and came away with mixed opinions.  Off the tee it went miles could feel the firmness of the ball but didn't mind it. 

As I got closer to the green, I was hitting solid approaches and wasn't a fan of how much the ball was rolling out.  I hit some wedge shots that I thought would have some check but not as much as I would have thought (obviously I know this is a low spin ball but I thought I would get more than I did).  All that being said it was my best putting performance of the season with the firmer ball and overall feel.

I think I need to go back to the drawing board on this one.  My previous time out I rocked CSX and liked the feel better.  Worried about the long game spin as when my swing gets off I have a tendency to get super spinny.  Open to suggestions. 

Driver: PXG Black Ops Tour-1 10.5deg - Tour AD TP 6S

Fairway Wood: PXG Black Ops 0311 15deg - Tour AD VR 7S
Hybrid: PXG Black Ops 0311 19deg - Tour AD DI Hyb 85S
Irons: PXG Gen6 0311P 4-GW - DG Mid 115
Wedges: Mizuno T24 54 & 58 S400

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 / Never Compromise Dinero Prototype 

Ball: Srixon ZStar Diamond (Other testing in progress)

I had a gift card so bought a dozen of these to play about a month ago (non triple track version) otherwise I would have never tried these. Generally play ProV1 because it doesn't overly spin and flies low which I need help with, great ball but just on the softer side for my only complaint. I was really surprised how much I liked the LS though. Basically a lower flying less clicky left dash. I've hit some tee shots 10-15 yards farther than where I'm usually at with my ProV1, even on mishits. If the LS just launched a touch lower it would be my gamer. Can't wait for left dot to come to retail.

Anyone able to compare the Chrome Soft X to the LS and the ProV1? As much as I liked LS I was thinking about trying the CS X since it's supposed to launch lower, just can't use it if it's going to spin more than ProV1.

Edited by HappyGilmore22

Titleist TSR3 8 deg - Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6X

Titleist TSi3 15 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black 8X

Titleist TSR3 19 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black HB 9TX

Titleist T200 4 - TT DG TI X100

Titleist T100 (2019) 5-PW - TT DG TI X100

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 50.12 F - TT DG TI X100

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 54.14 F - TT DG TI S400

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 58.08 M - TT DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Titleist ProV1

23 hours ago, iKOH423 said:

Played the LS on Monday and came away with mixed opinions.  Off the tee it went miles could feel the firmness of the ball but didn't mind it. 

As I got closer to the green, I was hitting solid approaches and wasn't a fan of how much the ball was rolling out.  I hit some wedge shots that I thought would have some check but not as much as I would have thought (obviously I know this is a low spin ball but I thought I would get more than I did).  All that being said it was my best putting performance of the season with the firmer ball and overall feel.

I think I need to go back to the drawing board on this one.  My previous time out I rocked CSX and liked the feel better.  Worried about the long game spin as when my swing gets off I have a tendency to get super spinny.  Open to suggestions. 

Try the left dash.  It launches higher than the CSX LS but spins slightly less. 

37 minutes ago, phizzy30 said:

Try the left dash.  It launches higher than the CSX LS but spins slightly less. 

Higher launch, meaning hope to have a higher descent to hold more on the greens?  Is the LD firmer than the LS?

Driver: PXG Black Ops Tour-1 10.5deg - Tour AD TP 6S

Fairway Wood: PXG Black Ops 0311 15deg - Tour AD VR 7S
Hybrid: PXG Black Ops 0311 19deg - Tour AD DI Hyb 85S
Irons: PXG Gen6 0311P 4-GW - DG Mid 115
Wedges: Mizuno T24 54 & 58 S400

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 / Never Compromise Dinero Prototype 

Ball: Srixon ZStar Diamond (Other testing in progress)

Just now, iKOH423 said:

Higher launch, meaning hope to have a higher descent to hold more on the greens?  Is the LD firmer than the LS?

Higher apex.  LD feels slightly firmer.