2022 TaylorMade Stealth, Stealth Plus, Stealth HD drivers (in-hand photos)

29 minutes ago, SaVo_ said:

Im with you here. I think everyone is getting different results from the stealth and one way to find out if there's a difference is try it out for yourself. I gamed a Tsi3 and went into a fit just to test it out not expecting much difference and in 10 minutes I was sold seeing I had about 18-20 yards more carry and more ball speed. Now granted a part of it was I achieved better launch conditions but i also had about 4-5 mph more ball speed. I definitely don't swing as fast as this guy lol but I Went from 150 ball speed 11 launch 250 carry and 274 total with my Tsi3 to 154-155 ball speed 15 launch 268-270 carry and 294 total on my averages. I played the Tensei white in my Tsi3, was fit into the Kai'li white in the Stealth plus. Swinging the Stealth compared to my tsi3, the stealth felt like I was just coiling up a spring in my hands and unleashing it every time. I think the shaft felt very easy to load as I don't have the fastest tempo. Fyi I was fitted for the tsi3 at the time I bought it so this wasn't a off the shelf vs fitted driver comparison. It may not make a difference for some but can definitely say it made a difference for me

Would also like to have seen your numbers with the Kai’li in your TSI3. Great jump regardless.

10 minutes ago, Barefoot_Golf said:

Would also like to have seen your numbers with the Kai’li in your TSI3. Great jump regardless.

Me too really wish I got the chance to do that, was considering waiting and just buying the shaft and plugging it into my tsi but didn't want to play a guessing game on if the performance would stack up, so just opted for bagging the stealth as it was proven in numbers. It'll be interesting to see how the shaft does for others in the Stealth or any other current models when it's widely available. 

10 minutes ago, SaVo_ said:

Me too really wish I got the chance to do that, was considering waiting and just buying the shaft and plugging it into my tsi but didn't want to play a guessing game on if the performance would stack up, so just opted for bagging the stealth as it was proven in numbers. It'll be interesting to see how the shaft does for others in the Stealth or any other current models when it's widely available. 

Xander just switched to it in all of his woods.

1 hour ago, SaVo_ said:

Im with you here. I think everyone is getting different results from the stealth and one way to find out if there's a difference is try it out for yourself. I gamed a Tsi3 and went into a fit just to test it out not expecting much difference and in 10 minutes I was sold seeing I had about 18-20 yards more carry and more ball speed. Now granted a part of it was I achieved better launch conditions but i also had about 4-5 mph more ball speed. I definitely don't swing as fast as this guy lol but I Went from 150 ball speed 11 launch 250 carry and 274 total with my Tsi3 to 154-155 ball speed 15 launch 268-270 carry and 294 total on my averages. I played the Tensei white in my Tsi3, was fit into the Kai'li white in the Stealth plus. Swinging the Stealth compared to my tsi3, the stealth felt like I was just coiling up a spring in my hands and unleashing it every time. I think the shaft felt very easy to load as I don't have the fastest tempo. Fyi I was fitted for the tsi3 at the time I bought it so this wasn't a off the shelf vs fitted driver comparison. It may not make a difference for some but can definitely say it made a difference for me

Is the Kaili in the Stealth the real-deal, or a made-for like the non-Velocore Ventus?

1 hour ago, SaVo_ said:

I experienced the same thing.  I am playing a tsi3 with tensri av raw white and on good hits it's no difference but the kaili felt easier to load and more lively due to the softer mid section. I am not sure I want to upgrade though as my best drives are still with my tsi3. I want to try it with the ventus TR shaft as well. 

Ping G430 Max Driver
Callaway Paradym 3HL Fairway

Titleist TSR2 5 Fairway
Titleist U505 4
Titleist T200 5, T150 6, T100 7-GW
Mizuno T22 54D, 60X

Odyssey Jailbird Cruiser

7 minutes ago, Pmookie said:

Is the Kaili in the Stealth the real-deal, or a made-for like the non-Velocore Ventus?

I believe it's the real deal as it has the same graphics and the MR70 logo near the underside of the tip. I could be wrong but it felt good to me. 

Ping G430 Max Driver
Callaway Paradym 3HL Fairway

Titleist TSR2 5 Fairway
Titleist U505 4
Titleist T200 5, T150 6, T100 7-GW
Mizuno T22 54D, 60X

Odyssey Jailbird Cruiser

1 hour ago, Pmookie said:

1 hour ago, Kamen said:

I believe it's the real deal as it has the same graphics and the MR70 logo near the underside of the tip. I could be wrong but it felt good to me. 

100% real deal

• Like 1

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Mizuno OMOI Type 3

Titleist Pro V1x

1 hour ago, Kamen said:

Can confirm it is the real deal. There’s a older thread on when the Kai’li white was announced and Mitsubishi confirmed there’s no stock and aftermarket versions they are all the real deal whether they come stock in a club or you buy separate 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pmookie said:

It’s real-deal. Mitsubishi confirmed it directly in the main Stealth thread.

• Like 1

Driver: Ping G430 LST 9* | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

3W: Ping G430 Max @14* | Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 70X

Hybrids: Ping G430 3H, 5H @25* | Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S

Irons: Ping i230 5-UW | Fujikura AXIOM 105X

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 54/12W@55/13W, 60/12X | Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Putter: Bettinardi 2024 BB1 Wide 

2 hours ago, Pmookie said:

“Real deal”  but only worth about 100-125 on secondary market apparently, so take that for what its worth. (Compared to retail price thats a massive value lost, as say compared to a ventus)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, eric61 said:

It’s partly the real deal: we used a dentist to drag the truth out of them. You could use the search engine. Essentially, what Xander uses comes from a different world and not available to you. So same old story. 

4 hours ago, Pastit said:

It’s partly the real deal: we used a dentist to drag the truth out of them. You could use the search engine. Essentially, what Xander uses comes from a different world and not available to you. So same old story. 

Dang that’s disappointing. Thank you for referencing the search engine. Appreciate the insight. 

Driver:  TSR3 8 Ventus Red TR 8X 

Fairway: TSR3 16.5 Ventus Blue 8X 

Hybrid:  Sim2 Tensei Orange 90TX Or Srixon ZX 2 Iron 105X

Irons:Black T200 4-5 T100S 6-AW MMT 125TX

Wedges: MG4 54 MMT 125TX and Vokey SM9 58.04T MMT 125TX

Putter: Lajosi DD201

Pro V1X Left Dash

15 minutes ago, LeftyMatt24 said:

Dang that’s disappointing. Thank you for referencing the search engine. Appreciate the insight. 

No trouble, you’re welcome. If I recall correctly, the answer was the Tour quality shaft uses the SPECIAL material right through the shaft. But the retail product uses it selectively. If it works for you then great however. 

8 hours ago, eric61 said:

I got it with my stealth +. I never intend to use it as I have a ventus black. I did swing it during my fitting and there is no way a tour player uses the same model. It’s to whippy for high speed swings. Not even close to being a premium shaft.

• Thanks 2

If you look at the Kai'li page on Mitsubishi shafts you will see an X and TX the TX version has ~1* less torque than the X. This will be a world of a difference and Im sure thats what they have on tour. Unfortunately, it appears TMAG doesnt even offer the TX as an upcharge shaft. So, watered down version only.

31 minutes ago, Thomas Brack said:

The head weight compared to the Sim2 feels drastically different.

Get the swingweight checked.

DRIVERS:  BLACK OPS TOUR 9* and 10.5*,  Diamana WB 53X / Ventus Blue+ 5X / Vanquish 4TX

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

TAYLORMADE `24 P Series UDI 17* and 22*, Recoil Dart 105X

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X // PXG 0317CB, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0317ST, Xtreme Dark, 6 - GW, KBS CTaper LE Black 125 S+

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

3 hours ago, balladm said:

If you look at the Kai'li page on Mitsubishi shafts you will see an X and TX the TX version has ~1* less torque than the X. This will be a world of a difference and Im sure thats what they have on tour. Unfortunately, it appears TMAG doesnt even offer the TX as an upcharge shaft. So, watered down version only.

Is this really and truly an issue in practice or just in theory? 

I would never get mad because I wasn't allowed to drive the same F1 car as Lewis Hamilton when I can't safely push the limits of my Mazda. 

• Like 1

Paradym TD 10.5/Tensei Blue 65R

TM BRNR Mini 13.5

Callaway Rogue Max D 3 wood

Paradym 4 hybrid

Srixon ZX5 / ZX7 on MMT 125S

Srixon Z785 AW

Cleveland RTX6 54/58

Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 11S

Collings OM1-ESS

2 hours ago, Thomas Brack said:

The head weight compared to the Sim2 feels drastically different.

I did notice this, and the Stealth Plus head I have is 6 grams heavier than my sim 2

Ping G430 Max 9* Ventus Black 60x

Sim2 15* GD Tour Ad Hd 

Callaway X Hot pro 20* Hybrind Tour AD HD 95x

Srixon ZX-7 4-p Modus 120x

Vokey SM9 50, 54, 58

Lab Mezz Max C/B 

22 hours ago, derednesto said:

I've been on the driver merry-go-round for a while now but the stealth+ is now firmly in the bag. Previously had OG SIM 9* which I loved, but I did tend to hit some foul balls with it (obviously not the club's fault).

I definitely see better ball speed retention and more consistent spin on miss hits - which for me is especially noticeable on thin and high toe strikes. I made some truly awful swings during testing that only lost 2-3 mph ball speed and flew far straighter than they had any business flying.

I know in reality the center of the face isn't hotter than anything else released in recent history... but I am seeing ~2 mph more ball speed on center strikes than I am with my SIM (same shaft, head weight, etc). For me, it launches higher than the SIM at standard loft and sits more neutral, so I'm able to loft it down to 7.5* while maintaining the same launch angle I got from my SIM at 9*. I suspect that feeling like there's a better chance I'll get away with a bad strike also helps me swing a little faster.

Overall vs SIM:

- average ball speed 171 (SIM was 167) +4 mph

- average carry 287 (SIM was 276) +11 yards

- average total distance 324 (SIM was 310) +14 yards

I'm sure not everyone will have the same results, but these are by far the best numbers I've seen from my driver since moving to the Bay Area chopped 5+% off all of my carry distances

This is great feedback.  To anyone else who switched from SIM, have you kept loft the same or even had to loft down in stealth+?  I have used a 9* SIM for the past two seasons, but unless I’m swinging well launch and spin have both shaded a little low and my carry distance have suffered.  If the stealth+ launches a little higher and spins the same or a touch more than og SIM, it sounds like stealth + 9* may be perfect.

[b]Driver[/b]: [color=#0000ff]TM SIM 9*, Fuji Ventus Black 6X[/color]
[b]Fairway Wood: [color=#0000ff]TM SIM 14*, Fuji Ventus Blue 7X[/color]
[b]Hybrid[/b]: [color=#0000ff]TM SIM Max 19*, Tensei Pro White 90S[/color]
[b]4-9 iron[/b]: [color=#0000ff]Miura CB57, KBS C-Taper Lite X[/color] 
[b]PW, GW[/b]: [color=#0000ff]Titleist SM8, KBS C-Taper Lite X[/color]
[b]Sand, Lob[/b]: [color=#0000ff]Titleist SM8, Dynamic Gold 120 S400 Tour Issue[/color]
[b]Putter[/b]: [color=#0000ff]Toulon Las Vegas, Stroke Lab[/color] 
[b]Ball[/b]: [color=#0000ff]Titleist ProV1, Titleist AVX

15 minutes ago, me05501 said:

I would never get mad because I wasn't allowed to drive the same F1 car as Lewis Hamilton when I can't safely push the limits of my Mazda. 

I agree, if you don't need it...then no its not an issue. I sure a standard R, S, or X will be just fine.

5 minutes ago, balladm said:

I agree, if you don't need it...then no its not an issue. I sure a standard R, S, or X will be just fine.

I just think there's a weird feedback loop that kicks in when any piece of gear is deemed "Tour exclusive."

The manufacturers will do just about anything to try to win players over to their product because they know a lot of non-pros will want to play the same brand/label. They'll cook up something extra special for them just for the sizzle...then we mortals find out that one tiny element of what the pros are getting is truly exclusive. It makes us crave the unobtanium even when the 98%-as good retail version is probably suitable for everyone (up to and including the pros who got the extra special stuff). 

It's interesting to watch it happen over and over again. 

Paradym TD 10.5/Tensei Blue 65R

TM BRNR Mini 13.5

Callaway Rogue Max D 3 wood

Paradym 4 hybrid

Srixon ZX5 / ZX7 on MMT 125S

Srixon Z785 AW

Cleveland RTX6 54/58

Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 11S

Collings OM1-ESS

It's not "tour exclusive." TX flexes are available at retail. The issue is that in the past, some MCA (and MRC when they were Mitsubishi Rayon) shafts used different profiles/materials in the TX flexes for various reasons which still happens. This is evident in the specs. This was also a way to say the shafts offered in off-the-rack clubs are the real deal which is true. 

1 hour ago, fpyle3 said:

This is great feedback.  To anyone else who switched from SIM, have you kept loft the same or even had to loft down in stealth+?  I have used a 9* SIM for the past two seasons, but unless I’m swinging well launch and spin have both shaded a little low and my carry distance have suffered.  If the stealth+ launches a little higher and spins the same or a touch more than og SIM, it sounds like stealth + 9* may be perfect.

I went from 10.5 sim to 9 sim2. And 9 stealth plus. Currently got it at 7.5 and still launching pretty high but might be more of a result of alot of swing and speed training.

1 hour ago, me05501 said:

Not a useful analogy. The problem is the unfair representation or silence on the specs. 

Edited by Pastit

1 hour ago, t4t3r said:

It's not "tour exclusive." TX flexes are available at retail. The issue is that in the past, some MCA (and MRC when they were Mitsubishi Rayon) shafts used different profiles/materials in the TX flexes for various reasons which still happens. This is evident in the specs. This was also a way to say the shafts offered in off-the-rack clubs are the real deal which is true. 

i believe the shaft maker contradicted your view. You could search their posts should it be in doubt.