2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

2022 TaylorMade Stealth, Stealth Plus, Stealth HD drivers (in-hand photos)

4 minutes ago, Pastit said:

Not a useful analogy. The problem is the unfair representation or silence on the specs. 

If you say so. But I'd bet my house that no one on this board could tell the difference between the two shafts being discussed. 

Paradym TD 10.5/Tensei Blue 65R

TM BRNR Mini 13.5

Callaway Rogue Max D 3 wood

Paradym 4 hybrid

Srixon ZX5 / ZX7 on MMT 125S

Srixon Z785 AW

Cleveland RTX6 54/58

Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 11S

Collings OM1-ESS

9 minutes ago, me05501 said:

If you say so. But I'd bet my house that no one on this board could tell the difference between the two shafts being discussed. 

I’ll let others comment upon the diff.

Analogy: Would you be happy buying a a vintage F1 McLaren when the spec engine was a Cosworth V8 3.5ltr but when you race it you find it’s a Cosworth F2 straight 4 at 2ltrs ?  

Edited by Pastit

9 minutes ago, me05501 said:

There are plenty of posters on here north of 170 ball speed that im positive could tell a full degree of torque.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, fpyle3 said:

This is great feedback.  To anyone else who switched from SIM, have you kept loft the same or even had to loft down in stealth+?  I have used a 9* SIM for the past two seasons, but unless I’m swinging well launch and spin have both shaded a little low and my carry distance have suffered.  If the stealth+ launches a little higher and spins the same or a touch more than og SIM, it sounds like stealth + 9* may be perfect.

Maybe you should try the SIM2 MAX 10.5 or max the FCT setting using the TM FCT guide.  

Edited by Pastit

22 minutes ago, Pastit said:

Not a useful analogy. The problem is the unfair representation or silence on the specs. 

Yea i dont like that analagy. Im high 160s, can touch 170 occasionally,  former college player and have carried a plus cap most of my playing life. Im not as good as a tour guy but Im no slouch either and I take that comparison as almost an insult. I dont think he meant to insult anyone, but its just not a good analogy for everyone here. Maybe some, not all.

Edited by Red4282
Nicer words
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, me05501 said:

Is this really and truly an issue in practice or just in theory? 

I would never get mad because I wasn't allowed to drive the same F1 car as Lewis Hamilton when I can't safely push the limits of my Mazda. 

2 hours ago, balladm said:

I agree, if you don't need it...then no its not an issue. I sure a standard R, S, or X will be just fine.

1 hour ago, me05501 said:

I just think there's a weird feedback loop that kicks in when any piece of gear is deemed "Tour exclusive."

I think there is always going to be friction between the actual practical need and the value proposition of what is being "sold" to us. The OEM/"made for" shafts have always followed the same formula which is a design suited to the meat of the swing speed bell curve, and that is a design that does not really require anything fancy material wise to accomplish. The problem however with the "don't need it" point is that we really don't need ANY of this s***, lol. The bigger spenders and more dedicated hobbyists/tinkerers aren't going to be randomly satisfied with a "good enough" being injected into the equation, they/we want the cool thing even if we don't need it. So to then be told "this is the cool thing now, we promise!" but the specs on paper follow the same trend of softer/higher torque/lower resale then we have friction between what we want and what is being sold to us.

Lots of guys want a premium shaft just to test drive, knowing that resale will still be good if they don't notice a difference. Other guys just want the cool thing even if they don't need it. This will always create friction as long as shaft companies keep partially/completely obfuscating the differences between the thing you pay $350 for in the aftermarket vs. the thing that comes stock in your driver. At the end of the day though that friction will always come from a small minority. My uncle has a very nice Kuro Kage XT60S in his SIM2 driver, and when I asked why he was playing the cheaper stock R-flex version last month, he said he uses that in the winter when he isn't swinging as fast. 😅

Edited by Valtiel
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Qi10 15* Tensei AV White 85TX 1.0 // Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 19* Nippon GOST Prototype Hybrid 10
Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22* Nippon GOST Tour X  // Bridgestone J15 CB 4i Raw Nippon GOST Tour X
Bridgestone 
J15 CB 5i-7i 26*- 34* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 6.8-7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 38*- 46* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM9 50* Raw F-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot // Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

22 minutes ago, Red4282 said:

Yea i hate that analagy. Im high 160s, can touch 170: occasionally,  former college player and have carried a plus cap most of my playing life. Im not as good as a tour guy but Im no slouch either and I take that comparison as almost an insult. I dont think he meant to insult anyone, but its just not a good analogy for everyone here. Maybe some, not all.

Yes, I know what he’s getting at, for many folk the stock is OK but it’s the makers’ misrepresentation that bugs me.

I’m opposite to you but I bought a job lot of uncut tour shafts from a US Tour Van c the TM R11 time. Within the bundle were 2 by DI DJ 8TX ( GD Tour AD )  and 2 of the same shaft in “S”. 

The TX in a driver goes like an off-drive in cricket ie short, low and right. 

But, in TM tour spoon of c 13D, it goes well as a tee-club.

The “Ss” go well off the deck in a 15D. 

Does increased loft counter shaft-stiffness then ?

Any trimming was to butts. Thanks

Edited by Pastit

2 hours ago, me05501 said:

I'm only 110 with driver and I guarantee I can tell the difference between the two shafts. 

That said, the non-tx shaft is a super high quality shaft. This is fuss over nothing.

Edited by getitdaily
  • Like 1

Nice to know that TM added a heavier weight to my stealth plus driver head for my build… but didn’t do the same for the plus 3 wood 😑. C9 is AWESOME @TaylorMade Golf🙄. Way to not sell those weights either. You goofballs act like those weights in the back are super top secret always on that “we don’t want consumers changing them” 

ok rant over. 

does anyone know where I could score heavier weights?

5 hours ago, Pastit said:

i believe the shaft maker contradicted your view. You could search their posts should it be in doubt. 

This is why I said “in the past” in my post. I remember them chiming in when asked about the makeup of the new Kaili line. The specs are still quite different between x and tx…

Edited by t4t3r
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TheSphynx said:

Nice to know that TM added a heavier weight to my stealth plus driver head for my build… but didn’t do the same for the plus 3 wood 😑. C9 is AWESOME @TaylorMade Golf🙄. Way to not sell those weights either. You goofballs act like those weights in the back are super top secret always on that “we don’t want consumers changing them” 

ok rant over. 

does anyone know where I could score heavier weights?

keep checking billybobsgolf.com.  he usually carries all the extra weights.

4 hours ago, Valtiel said:

I think there is always going to be friction between the actual practical need and the value proposition of what is being "sold" to us. The OEM/"made for" shafts have always followed the same formula which is a design suited to the meat of the swing speed bell curve, and that is a design that does not really require anything fancy material wise to accomplish. The problem however with the "don't need it" point is that we really don't need ANY of this s***, lol. The bigger spenders and more dedicated hobbyists/tinkerers aren't going to be randomly satisfied with a "good enough" being injected into the equation, they/we want the cool thing even if we don't need it. So to then be told "this is the cool thing now, we promise!" but the specs on paper follow the same trend of softer/higher torque/lower resale then we have friction between what we want and what is being sold to us.

Lots of guys want a premium shaft just to test drive, knowing that resale will still be good if they don't notice a difference. Other guys just want the cool thing even if they don't need it. This will always create friction as long as shaft companies keep partially/completely obfuscating the differences between the thing you pay $350 for in the aftermarket vs. the thing that comes stock in your driver. At the end of the day though that friction will always come from a small minority. My uncle has a very nice Kuro Kage XT60S in his SIM2 driver, and when I asked why he was playing the cheaper stock R-flex version last month, he said he uses that in the winter when he isn't swinging as fast. 😅

I'll give a good example.  If I go with Graphite Design, I always go with TX flex which is usually aftermarket as not all retailers offer that flex.  Sure, I can get the X flex and tip a ton, but I'd rather get the TX flex and tip it half to full inch depending on how stiff the tip is and the CPM.  TX flex in general also tends to have a lower torque value.  The new Kai'li white 60X is 4.1 torque which is ridiculously high while the TX flex is 3.2.  In this case, the X is stock for TM while the TX flex is aftermarket.  

https://www.mca-golf.com/products/kaili-white

Edited by phizzy30

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

21 hours ago, me05501 said:

Sorry, but a lot of people can tell the difference in 1* torque. I have done equipment testing for various companies for over two decades. I am a long time pretty accomplished player with slower swing speeds (95-105). i can also tel you about bend points and other issues. The torque effectiveness and feel (we are NOT talking about sound) also is related to bend points. True the better players will notice the differences more dramatically. But unfortunately, your statement just cost you your house🤔 

• Haha 1

In the bag: Playing --- TaylorMade  Qi 10 (core) driver w/Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S. 3wd TM (OG) SIM (special smaller tour only head, same that TW was playing prior to the '24 Genesis approx 160cc) @ 15.*) with Fujikura Ventus 7-S.  5 wd TM SIM w/Fujikura Speeder 857TR-S (Japan made)

HyBrids-Cleveland Hi-Bore #1 (16* plays like 2-Iron) W/Fuji-S Tipped 1/2".  SIM Max #4 (set @ 21.5* w/ Fuji Atmos HB8 9S.  IRONS:  TM M3 4i (2*weak)w SteelFiber i95-S,  P790 3, 5-PW,  w/Fuji Pro 95i-S. SW TM MG4  54*/11 bent to 53*/10 w/ Precision Rifle 6.0-S. LW TaylorMade Hi Toe 3, 58/10 w/Modus Tour 105 Stiff. Putter-- BOBBY GRACE Night&Day-Custom, "M.Coz-Bandsaw Prototype". Ball 2022 TaylorMade Tour Response
 Alternating clubs: the 5wd, TM Hybrid Stealth 2+ #2, 3Iron, depending on what part of the country, course, climate, and conditions.

All this shaft talk makes me so happy I’m just a lowly Stiff flex (or Stiff tipped up to an inch) swing speed guy!!!

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Mizuno OMOI Type 3

Titleist Pro V1x

On 2/6/2022 at 7:32 PM, Barefoot_Golf said:

Xander just switched to it in all of his woods.

🤔

DRIVERS:  BLACK OPS TOUR 9* and 10.5*,  Diamana WB 53X / Ventus Blue+ 5X / Vanquish 4TX

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

TAYLORMADE `24 P Series UDI 17* and 22*, Recoil Dart 105X

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X // PXG 0317CB, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0317ST, Xtreme Dark, 6 - GW, KBS CTaper LE Black 125 S+

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

On 2/3/2022 at 3:02 PM, Football55 said:

Went to my first fitting ever, I will never buy another driver or iron set again without being fit. I am 65 years old in good shape and play to a 5 hdcp. from the normal mens tees. I have hit every TM and Callaway driver in the last three years and have not been happy with anything, so I went back to my Mavrik Max. Nothing felt solid, and normal ( without being manipulated) ball flight was left to right with miss being block or over the top pull hook. I went in thinking I would be fitted for 9 degree HD. I hit the Mavrik first distance was 265 avg. medium fade. Tried the HD next and loved it, more distance and medium draw. The fitter said no, I do not like the numbers. He put me in the Stealth 10.5 and the ball started flying off the club. We settled on the reg. Stealth and the Kaili stiff shaft. I asked if I needed to upgrade shaft and fitter said why, these are the best numbers I can give you unless you increase ball speed. 10 ball average as follows: Ball speed 154- Launch Angle 15.5- Backspin 1875 rpm- Total distance 290. Off line 13.4 yds L. I knew feel was much better than any thing I hit in last three years but was skeptical of results as it was a TM fitter doing the fitting. I went to my local shop next and showed them the numbers and they said lets see and they set me up to their simulator. Numbers were basically identical if not a little longer. Again the statement was made with your ball speed this as as good as it can get. In the past I thought I was a high spin player, and this cost me many dollars trying to get a low spin combination when I needed just the opposite. Lesson learned. GET FITTED.

Was this Stealth or Stealth Plus?

It was the Stealth reg. Fitter said spin was already low enough, so I did not need the plus. The Stealth had a higher MOI than the plus so that was an added benefit. I have played two rounds with it so far and do not think I am getting all the distance I was getting inside as weather has been windy and cold but ball just wants to go straight with a slight draw. It is hard mentally to set up right center as opposed to left rough but love it so far. Ball flight is a bit higher with the 10.5 than it was with 9 degree I have played in the past but 10.5 gave better numbers than the 9. 

First day out on the course. Hit several proper bombs with the stealth plus. 

9* with Kaili shaft is launching a little higher than I expected, but spin seems to stay very low. 

TM has a winner this year for sure. My best drive of the day was a solid 15-20 yards past my normal spot but temps finally getting to mid 70s in Phoenix. 

F7234BE8-3E4D-4DF2-9000-FBDA2EA3931F.jpeg

• Like 2

[Posted on main Stealth thread, so adding here too]

FYI for all of you new Stealth owners: 

TaylorMade is offering a free set of Arccos sensors and a 45-day free trial to the Arccos service with your purchase of the driver (or P-Series/Stealth irons). I signed up last week and my sensors just shipped today. I've always been curious to try it, so now I will! 

https://taylormade.arccosgolf.com

Eligibility: U.S. and Canadian customers who purchase eligible TaylorMade products will receive the opportunity to access a special offer valued at $75.00. This includes a FREE set of 14 Arccos Caddie Smart Sensors and a FREE 45-day trial membership to the award-winning Arccos Caddie app, courtesy of TaylorMade. At the conclusion of the free trial period, participants will be charged the Arccos membership fee of $9.99/month (billed annually at $119.88). Participants can cancel their Arccos membership anytime before the expiration of the 45-day free trial to prevent being billed.

Offer available to:

• U.S. and Canadian customers only who purchase at least one (1) qualifying new 2022 Stealth Driver, complete P Series iron set (P790 2021, P770, PMC, PMB) or complete Stealth Iron set in 2022 from an authorized retailer.

Players who are current or past Arccos Caddie members or have previously commenced or canceled an Arccos Caddie trial membership are ineligible to participate in the partnership program.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

TaylorMade Stealth 2+ 9* |  Ventus Blue Velo 6S

TaylorMade Stealth+ 3W   | Ventus Blue Velo 7S

Titleist TSR3 5W | Graphite Design AD-IZ 8S

Titleist TSR2 4H  |  Graphite Design AD-DI 85S

Titleist T150 5 - GW | Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105X

TaylorMade MG3 54*  58* | Dynamic Gold S400

TaylorMade Spider GT Notchback

Titleist Pro V1 | Srixon Z-Star Diamond

10 hours ago, JasonDurham2020 said:

I bought a Autoflex 505x for the Stealth plus and I’m a bit puzzled. If tried multiple head weight changes and grips as well, can’t seem to get the numbers out of it. My overall efficiency dropped from 1.44 to 1.39? Anyone played with this set up yet?  

I have a ventus blue that is auto. After every drive, I flex toward my playing partners to intimidate them. 

So, kind of have tried it.

Doesn't seem autoflex, stealth, and you agree with each other...

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, JasonDurham2020 said:

I bought a Autoflex 505x for the Stealth plus and I’m a bit puzzled. If tried multiple head weight changes and grips as well, can’t seem to get the numbers out of it. My overall efficiency dropped from 1.44 to 1.39? Anyone played with this set up yet?  

If you've tried moving the weight track around and messing with the loft sleeve and you still can't get optimal numbers, it's time to look into switching shafts.  Is your Stealth+ spinning too much?  Bad dispersion?

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

19 hours ago, JasonDurham2020 said:

1.39 out of any modern driver is either a misread or you're practically missing the face. More data needed for sure. 

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Qi10 15* Tensei AV White 85TX 1.0 // Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 19* Nippon GOST Prototype Hybrid 10
Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22* Nippon GOST Tour X  // Bridgestone J15 CB 4i Raw Nippon GOST Tour X
Bridgestone 
J15 CB 5i-7i 26*- 34* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 6.8-7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 38*- 46* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM9 50* Raw F-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot // Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

10 hours ago, phizzy30 said:

If you've tried moving the weight track around and messing with the loft sleeve and you still can't get optimal numbers, it's time to look into switching shafts.  Is your Stealth+ spinning too much?  Bad dispersion?

Yes, the spin is ok at 2300. But dispersion is all over the place, it’s promoted a toe strike most the time and the shaft sag is dramatically worse than my D+ limited. I’m thinking my club head weight mite be a bit too much for this shaft at the moment.  

4 hours ago, Valtiel said:

1.39 out of any modern driver is either a misread or you're practically missing the face. More data needed for sure. 

After some playing around 1.41 is what it’s at. Dynamic launch is at 14.7 spinning 2200-2350. But dispersion is not good, the shaft has promoted a toe bias strike for me. I’m hovering 5 mm from center.

On 2/7/2022 at 6:40 PM, getitdaily said:

I'm only 110 with driver and I guarantee I can tell the difference between the two shafts. 

That said, the non-tx shaft is a super high quality shaft. This is fuss over nothing.

Heck I'm barely over 90 and can differentiate torque on shafts.......easily !

20 minutes ago, milzi007 said:

Anyone notice any small indents on the face of their stealth after using it?  Like really small but deep enough to feel if you run your finger over it?  

I have one and I noticed it because it was white - which makes me thing it was from a tee.  

Think tees will have this effect on the face this is from a demo at the pga show..016FD4F2-E489-414B-BC63-1B390FF12A0D.png.f10b91a0bb32fc4461c32077d31a5554.png

20 hours ago, JasonDurham2020 said:

After some playing around 1.41 is what it’s at. Dynamic launch is at 14.7 spinning 2200-2350. But dispersion is not good, the shaft has promoted a toe bias strike for me. I’m hovering 5 mm from center.

What length are you playing it at? Maybe it’s dropping a bunch on you? I don’t know. I’ve not tried the autoflex and am afraid to jump in blind because results seem to vary wildly. 

Taylormade Qi10 9*/Ventus Blue 7X
Taylormade BRNR 13.5*/KBS TD Cat4 
Callaway AI Smoke 7w/AD IZ 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Taylormade Spider Tour Proto 34"
Taylormade MG4 52, 56, 62 S400
Taylormade 2024 TP5X