2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

OMG The Chiefs/Bills Game Just Took 10 Years Off My Life!!!

drumdude96

12 minutes ago, GooseHook said:

They did look pretty ruthless last night and the O-line is much stronger for sure. My thinking is just that the Rams have the right playmakers to force turnovers even if they get to Mahomes only a handful of times. For sure they are the favorite on paper, but the NFC basically has a home game for this Super Bowl. 

I hate to say it as a Ravens fan but the Chiefs can NOT afford to overlook the Bengals. Their offense can be downright scary when they get hot and they have a kicker that can get the job done if it comes down to a long kick with everything on the line. 

Just can’t get on board w/that Goose. The Bengals were only able to put up what, 19 against the Titans. Barely squeaked by the Raiders who are not very good… They will need to score 35+ against the Chiefs to have a chance. But hey, never say never! @touch taught me that!  😉😆 I am a firm believer in “on any given day…”

Edited by TiScape

I'm a really big Bills fan....so yesterday was pretty rough. But to be honest i didn't even think they would win when there was still 15 seconds on the clock. I knew that was enough time.

Buffalo has such a rough history with the 4 super bowl losses and then 20 years of just pure mediocrity. It really sucks to go out like that. Literally the second past QB of the last 20 years that they've had is probably EJ Manual. LOL . That is the Bills

On the other hand---Josh Allen proved he's the second most valuable commodity in the NFL pretty much bar none. He played a near perfect game, after playing a near perfect game last week. Physically he's the best QB in the league. He's like a mix of Cam Newton and Matthew Stafford.

So it sucks, but barring injuries it's hard to imagine the Bills not being a powerhouse for 10 years

• Like 2

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

2 hours ago, MtlJeff said:

I'm a really big Bills fan....so yesterday was pretty rough. But to be honest i didn't even think they would win when there was still 15 seconds on the clock. I knew that was enough time.

Buffalo has such a rough history with the 4 super bowl losses and then 20 years of just pure mediocrity. It really sucks to go out like that. Literally the second past QB of the last 20 years that they've had is probably EJ Manual. LOL . That is the Bills

On the other hand---Josh Allen proved he's the second most valuable commodity in the NFL pretty much bar none. He played a near perfect game, after playing a near perfect game last week. Physically he's the best QB in the league. He's like a mix of Cam Newton and Matthew Stafford.

So it sucks, but barring injuries it's hard to imagine the Bills not being a powerhouse for 10 years

Josh Allen is a beast, I love watching him play.

Taylormade Sim 9° (set to 7°) - Fuji 53k X 

Cobra Rad Speed Tour 5 Wood 16° - Attas-T2 9x

Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 125 S+
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 23° - C Taper 120 S
Srixon z785 5-PW - KBS TourV X

Cleveland ZipCore 50° - Tour S400
Ping Glide Pro Forged 54°/ Eye Toe 59°  - Tour S400
Seemore mFGP2 
Podcast - "Rough Fairways - A Journey to the PGA Tour" available on Spotify - Pandora - Apple

Such a great weekend and that grand finale was an instant classic. 

My wife  who is a casual fan and only knows the big names.  She didn’t know anything about Buffalo or Allen.  

Afterward she felt heartbroken for him.  And said  I know who he is now.  Her best line was 

Brady and Rosgers should both retire.  It’s not their gsme or league anymore.  

She loves Joe Burrow, so she’s really looking forward to next Sundays game. 

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

15 hours ago, rainkingjr said:

Totally disagreed with the Bills kicking deep ... Have to put the ball in play and get the clock moving. 

Exactly - the Bill's defensive coach lost that game. Should have made them burn (incredibly) valuable seconds on a return. 

Titleist TSR3 10.5* ~ Ventus TR Blue 58g

Titleist TSR2 15* ~ Tensei CK Pro Blue 60g

Titleist TSR2 18* ~ Tensei CK Pro Blue 60g

Titleist TSR2 21* (H) ~ Tensei AV Raw Blue 65g

Mizuno JPX 923 Forged, 4-6 ~ Aerotech SteelFiber i95

Mizuno Pro 245, 7-PW ~ Nippon NS Pro 950GH Neo

Miura Milled Tour Wedge QPQ 52* ~ KBS HI REV 2.0 SST

Miura Milled Tour Wedge High Bounce QPQ 58*HB-12 ~ KBS HI REV 2.0 SST

Scotty Special Select Squareback 2

Titleist Players glove, ProV1 Ball; Mizuno K1-LO Stand Bag, BR-D4C Cart Bag

54 minutes ago, Tanner25 said:

Why doesn't Buffalo squib kick it or kick high and just short of the goal line. It would leave basically one play from the 40 yard line. 

I was yelling at my TV this same thing last night..  TBH I'm not a huge football fan, but living 45 minutes from the stadium in Buffalo I like to see them do well. I think Mahomes and Allen have always had respect for each other.. would have been a tough loss for either team. I think clock management in the NFL is something that a lot of teams should learn from.. I don't know how many times I see a team score with 2:30 or less and give the ball back to an offense with Tom Brady, Mahomes, Rodgers, Brees, etc.. that that's their man job.. putting the points on the board, I've often thought that teams "allow" a quick score on themselves knowing they will have the ball on the final ticks of the clock, and will leave the other team with no time to do anything. Again... kicking in the end zone didn't help.. no time taken off the clock doing that.. at least a squib kick would have eaten some of the 13 seconds.. although I guess Buffalo was concerned about a runback on the kick.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cadman88 said:

I was yelling at my TV this same thing last night..  TBH I'm not a huge football fan, but living 45 minutes from the stadium in Buffalo I like to see them do well. I think Mahomes and Allen have always had respect for each other.. would have been a tough loss for either team. I think clock management in the NFL is something that a lot of teams should learn from.. I don't know how many times I see a team score with 2:30 or less and give the ball back to an offense with Tom Brady, Mahomes, Rodgers, Brees, etc.. that that's their man job.. putting the points on the board, I've often thought that teams "allow" a quick score on themselves knowing they will have the ball on the final ticks of the clock, and will leave the other team with no time to do anything. Again... kicking in the end zone didn't help.. no time taken off the clock doing that.. at least a squib kick would have eaten some of the 13 seconds.. although I guess Buffalo was concerned about a runback on the kick.

Yes, one certain way to lose in that situation is to give up a kick return for a touchdown.  If that had happened a lot of people would be saying that they were idiots and should have kicked it deep!  That said I was thinking kick it short the same as you before the kickoff as was Tony Romo.  One other thing is that if KC had put Tyreek Hill back there to receive the kick instead of the regular return guy then the decision to kick deep might have made more sense.  LOL football decisions like that are all about playing the odds and it might not have made any difference in the final outcome either way, no way to know...  

9 minutes ago, Nels55 said:

Yes, one certain way to lose in that situation is to give up a kick return for a touchdown.  If that had happened a lot of people would be saying that they were idiots and should have kicked it deep!  That said I was thinking kick it short the same as you before the kickoff as was Tony Romo.  One other thing is that if KC had put Tyreek Hill back there to receive the kick instead of the regular return guy then the decision to kick deep might have made more sense.  LOL football decisions like that are all about playing the odds and it might not have made any difference in the final outcome either way, no way to know...  

Play scared and play to not lose is how you lose.  Why did the Bills have two high safeties 50 yards down field with 13 seconds to go instead of jamming the receivers and/or sending a blitzer.  I was upset the Bills lost and I'm not a Bills fan and didn't have any money on the game.  The Bills fans and people that lost money on the game must be salty today.  

20 hours ago, Nard_S said:

Great game. But OT rules blow, Bills deserved a shot. Flip of coin win is not desirable in playoff.

It's a tricky issue - IMO not that straightforward. It did seem unfair that the game appeared to be won by a coin toss. On the other hand, recovering from any football game, let alone a playoff game, takes some time (one of the reasons why getting a bye is considered an advantage). Adding a full fifth quarter to a game puts the winning team at at least a slight disadvantage the next week. And by halfway through a 5th quarter (BTW, just realized how silly it is to say a "5th quarter") players are getting really tired. Mistakes become more frequent, the chances of injury go up. 

Obviously a game can't end in a tie, but extending the period of play by 20% isn't exactly a perfect solution either. And in truth, this game was an anomaly. Ordinarily, you'd expect each team to have at least one possession - in fact, I think both teams had a single touchdown in each of the first three quarters. Scoring is hard. (Especially against the Bills, that had absolutely the best defense in the league this year.)

But something totally weird happened at the end of the fourth quarter, like some bizarre beam of light hit both teams and just amped up their games to a whole other level. 

25 points scored, and four lead changes in the last two freaking minutes of the game. Mahomes and Allen were both just on fire - in some sort of zone where it seemed like they could score at will. I found myself assuming (without even realizing it) that whoever won the toss would probably win the game. Only afterwards did I realize how unusual that feeling was. 

Titleist TSR3 10.5* ~ Ventus TR Blue 58g

Titleist TSR2 15* ~ Tensei CK Pro Blue 60g

Titleist TSR2 18* ~ Tensei CK Pro Blue 60g

Titleist TSR2 21* (H) ~ Tensei AV Raw Blue 65g

Mizuno JPX 923 Forged, 4-6 ~ Aerotech SteelFiber i95

Mizuno Pro 245, 7-PW ~ Nippon NS Pro 950GH Neo

Miura Milled Tour Wedge QPQ 52* ~ KBS HI REV 2.0 SST

Miura Milled Tour Wedge High Bounce QPQ 58*HB-12 ~ KBS HI REV 2.0 SST

Scotty Special Select Squareback 2

Titleist Players glove, ProV1 Ball; Mizuno K1-LO Stand Bag, BR-D4C Cart Bag

1 hour ago, Carolina Golfer 2 said:

She loves Joe Burrow, so she’s really looking forward to next Sundays game. 

Oh man. If she didn’t even know Allen and felt bad for him, next Sunday is gonna be REALLY tuff for her! 😂 After the Bengals get smashed, just remind her Joe is super young and has many good years ahead of him 😊

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bobfoster said:

It's a tricky issue - IMO not that straightforward.

Agree, but they could do 10 minutes. 5 is too little. Coin toss cannot determine winner in elimination game, it's not even remotely fair. One possession after score is a maybe too but football is about clock management too. Don't want the extra wear & tear? Win it in 4Q.

1 hour ago, TiScape said:

Oh man. If she didn’t even know Allen and felt bad for him, next Sunday is gonna be REALLY tuff for her! 😂 After the Bengals get smashed, just remind her Joe is super young and has many good years ahead of him 😊

Yeah. I did tell her about the 9 sacks he had against Tennessee.  She said. Well the Chiefs defense didn’t look all thst fantastic.   Ha. Maybe she knows more about football than she’s letting on 🤔

• Haha 1

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

4 minutes ago, Carolina Golfer 2 said:

Yeah. I did tell her about the 9 sacks he had against Tennessee.  She said. Well the Chiefs defense didn’t look all thst fantastic.   Ha. Maybe she knows more about football than she’s letting on 🤔

Well she could be onto something. It’s true that their D isn’t stellar… Problem is they score essentially every time they possess the ball! 😫 Their punter can sit on the sideline and brush his hair. 😆 

F9E969C2-D6C4-4051-8457-EFF11A70AE6F.webp

Edited by TiScape
  • Haha 1

On 1/24/2022 at 6:26 PM, bobfoster said:

Exactly - the Bill's defensive coach lost that game. Should have made them burn (incredibly) valuable seconds on a return. 

Exactly, they should've done exactly what they did versus the Titans 20 years ago in the Rob Johnson game

when there's 13-16 seconds and you're up--you want to kick it in play and force valuable seconds off the clock. Executed to perfection by the Bills in this video

Edited by MtlJeff
  • Haha 1

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

On 1/24/2022 at 5:02 PM, LeoLeo99 said:

Play scared and play to not lose is how you lose.  Why did the Bills have two high safeties 50 yards down field with 13 seconds to go instead of jamming the receivers and/or sending a blitzer.  I was upset the Bills lost and I'm not a Bills fan and didn't have any money on the game.  The Bills fans and people that lost money on the game must be salty today.  

Exactly. 13 seconds left. Mahomes is NOT looking deep. He’s looking for a quick hitter to move into field goal range. Quickest pass play in football?  Slant. How they can let Kelce off the line freely, and then have him covered with a LB.   You knew Mahomes would look to him as his first option. If he has to go to a second read it burns at least a couple more seconds. 

It's super easy to look at a defeat and say everything that went wrong and how dumb they were. We do this all the time, and in some cases there's very valid points and coaches did dumb things.

But i understand the Bills here

Why didn't they pooch kick or put it in play--As mentioned just go google search "Music City Miracle" featuring none other than the Bills

What about playing a more normal defense with 13 seconds left? Remember that Tyreek Hill pretty much ran by their entire defense like 3 minutes earlier. Imagine him burning one 80yds against a defense that didn't have safeties way deep--The whole coaching staff would get sacked.

As horrible it was for the Bills it was 2C or something that night. They lost the game by 5 yards. No kicker is making a 55 yarder in that weather. I'm sure they knew they'd give up yards , you're hoping a D-lineman can make a play or you're giving them up until your own 40.

• Like 1

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

On 1/27/2022 at 6:51 AM, MtlJeff said:

It's super easy to look at a defeat and say everything that went wrong and how dumb they were. We do this all the time, and in some cases there's very valid points and coaches did dumb things.

But i understand the Bills here

Why didn't they pooch kick or put it in play--As mentioned just go google search "Music City Miracle" featuring none other than the Bills

What about playing a more normal defense with 13 seconds left? Remember that Tyreek Hill pretty much ran by their entire defense like 3 minutes earlier. Imagine him burning one 80yds against a defense that didn't have safeties way deep--The whole coaching staff would get sacked.

As horrible it was for the Bills it was 2C or something that night. They lost the game by 5 yards. No kicker is making a 55 yarder in that weather. I'm sure they knew they'd give up yards , you're hoping a D-lineman can make a play or you're giving them up until your own 40.

That’s all true Jeff. It is definitely easy from behind the keyboard. 

But have you noticed lately how much scoring is done in the last minutes of the halves?  The common denominator? Prevent defenses. Everyone is so terrified of giving up the 60 yard play that instead they give up two quick 30yarders. It just astounds me that a team can control the other team’s offense for the majority of the game, then get shredded right at the end. 

An offense led by a quality QB is going to beat you if you give him time. He just is. Receivers are way too talented to cover for more than a few seconds. You have to make the QB uncomfortable or disrupt routes. No pressure and free releases mean chunk plays.